PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento Kings trade #7 pick, and Brandon Knight is still left at #7

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 08:07 PM
What do yall think about that?

lol

effen5
06-23-2011, 08:12 PM
ya okay

Giraffes Rule
06-23-2011, 08:14 PM
Maybe he'll drop to 10.

Shahrose
06-23-2011, 08:15 PM
they must be pissed off. hopefully he drops to 10

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Pistons is up right now, I would not want to go into that roster full of role players

They will prob take Knight

Shahrose
06-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Pistons is up right now, I would not want to go into that roster full of role players

They will prob take Knight

lmao he doesnt look happy at all

Giraffes Rule
06-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Maybe he'll drop to 10.

Or not. Sucks for you, Sacremento.

Shahrose
06-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Kemba would be a good fit for the Kings

SACNYY
06-23-2011, 08:21 PM
lol he doesn't look happy to go to Detroit. Well who would be? ha

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 08:22 PM
That is a bad situation in Detroit lol

Shahrose
06-23-2011, 08:24 PM
Jimmer to the Kings?
lol damnit I really wanted Knight/Kemba to the Kings
I doubt it, but maybe they trade their 10th for Tony Parker?

3neSoulja
sac town just got screwed lolollll hahahahahhaa

tyfreaks brotha
Or not. Sucks for you, Sacremento.

The Kings wanted Jimmer the whole time, while getting a player they had and loved. Salmons tbh I was pissed at first but I understand now

tyfreaks brotha
06-23-2011, 08:25 PM
sac town just got screwed lolollll hahahahahhaa

Nope, we wanted Jimmer throughout the whole draft process. They gonna get him at 10.

Shahrose
06-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Nope, we wanted Jimmer throughout the whole draft process. They gonna get him at 10.

what makes you say that? they needed a pg... (a knight/kemba type pg)

Giraffes Rule
06-23-2011, 08:29 PM

Probably that they just picked him.

Gators123
06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
lol he doesn't look happy to go to Detroit. Well who would be? ha

Maybe because he thought he would go #3 and he dropped down to #8 :rolleyes:

And the Pistons play far away from Detroit. Auburn Hills, Buddy.

Shahrose
06-23-2011, 08:31 PM
Probably that they just picked him.

well obviously since knight/kemba were not available

tyfreaks brotha
06-23-2011, 08:32 PM

Cause im a Kings fan. Reports were coming out 24/7 about the Kings wanting Jimmer and Pietrie was impressed by the kid.

tyfreaks brotha
06-23-2011, 08:33 PM
well obviously since knight/kemba were not available

They would have picked him regardless unless of course Irving or Williams was available. Thats the whole point of them trading down

Shahrose
06-23-2011, 08:35 PM
They would have picked him regardless unless of course Irving or Williams was available. Thats the whole point of them trading down

im somewhat of a kings fan but i havent been following what they have been doing. So if Knight was available at 10, you dont think they would take him over Jimmer?

tyfreaks brotha
06-23-2011, 08:36 PM
im somewhat of a kings fan but i havent been following what they have been doing. So if Knight was available at 10, you dont think they would take him over Jimmer?

Nope they would have taken Jimmer.

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 08:37 PM
WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski

The Sacramento coaching staff isn't happy with the selection of Fredette, sources say. They wanted a veteran guard, ala Felton or Parker.

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
The Kings regret not getting Knight or a veteran PG

Now they have Salmons and Jimmer

When they could have gotten Knight, Tony Parker, or Raymond Felton

tyfreaks brotha
06-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Thats strange cuz Petrie was all over his dick after his workout??????

Shahrose
06-23-2011, 08:41 PM
The Kings regret not getting Knight or a veteran PG

Now they have Salmons and Jimmer

When they could have gotten Knight, Tony Parker, or Raymond Felton

yea thats what I'm saying. IMO, Knight, Kemba, TP/RF would have been great for the Kings. I would have traded the 10th for TP

tyfreaks brotha
06-23-2011, 08:45 PM
yea thats what I'm saying. IMO, Knight, Kemba, TP/RF would have been great for the Kings. I would have traded the 10th for TP

As well as me. I think Pitrie likes it. Cuz he wanted him that was the whole point of trading down. If we wanted to get Parker so bad we would've just dealt the 7th. Maybe he planned on running this...

Parker
Evans
Salmons
Thompson
Cousins

FarOutIos
06-23-2011, 08:50 PM
The only thing that is good about this right now is that Jimmer will probably fill some more seat, as the average person who knows little about basketball might know Jimmer.

As a kings fan, I've been pissed off all day, because Salmons was not worth missing the chance to pick who we wanted. You never pull the trigger on this type of trade until you know who is available when you pick. Especially with this unpredictable draft.

All I can say is that I hope this ends up being the best pick... we'll have to wait and see.

KingPosey
06-23-2011, 08:54 PM

Because the org wanted Jimmer. What more do you want to hear? They worked him out, and Petrie, the Maloofs, and Westphal all loved him.

tyfreaks brotha
06-23-2011, 08:57 PM
The only thing that is good about this right now is that Jimmer will probably fill some more seat, as the average person who knows little about basketball might know Jimmer.

As a kings fan, I've been pissed off all day, because Salmons was not worth missing the chance to pick who we wanted. You never pull the trigger on this type of trade until you know who is available when you pick. Especially with this unpredictable draft.

All I can say is that I hope this ends up being the best pick... we'll have to wait and see.

Because the org wanted Jimmer. What more do you want to hear? They worked him out, and Petrie, the Maloofs, and Westphal all loved him.

Yup

La11
06-23-2011, 09:04 PM
They got JIMMER better fit for SAC

shep33
06-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Very unfortunate for the Kings. Knight>Fredette, I'm sorry, and if they could've gotten Felton that would've been great. Need some experience on that team or else a great young player at the point.

Knight is a very young, but mature guy. Kid is extremely intelligent. Seems like he'll become a good leader.

tyfreaks brotha
06-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Ahh i'm thinkin the same. Petrie just saw somethin in Jimmer and he traded down to pick him. Salmons isn't that bad I guess :shrug:

Gators123
06-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Steal!

FriedTofuz
06-23-2011, 09:24 PM
The kings didnt expect this to happen :laugh2: Its all cleveland and torontos fault. Specially cleveland. I wont fault toronto, valauncinas looks like a center who actually plays like a center who can defend and rebound. As for cleveland, thompson was picked too high. Kemba walker will be the nba ROOKIE OF THE YEAR. Why? After the bobcats traded away jackson, they will have to get scoring from someone. Kemba is a good leader and he will be the rookie of the year. he will proove all the doubts wrong, and most of all, people will feel upset for passing him up. Detriot got a good pick too. Alot of teams drafted by needs. If i was washington, i would have taken knight and listned for offers. Leonard also dropped way too far.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-24-2011, 01:45 AM
The Kings were aiming for Jimmer the entire time.

I am a Kings fan, and other Kings fans will tell you the same thing (whether they like Jimmer or not).

This isn't an issue of the Kings not expecting Knight or Kemba to fall to them. In fact, they probably expected at least one of those guys to fall to them.

That is why they traded the pick. They needed a veteran at SF and they wanted Jimmer as their PG of the future.

If you think the Kings made a mistake thats fine, but don't make posts stating that they are regretting their trade and that they didn't expect this to happen.

Trading down to 10 and picking Jimmer was fully made through their own intention. If Knight or Walker were available, I guarantee you all that they would have taken Jimmer anyway.

You don't have to agree that Jimmer will be a better player, but the fact is, the Kings believe in Jimmer and think he will pan out.

Jimmer, Tyreke, Cousins...if everything works out, we could be looking at an offensive juggernaut in the West for years to come.

sacgiants1213
06-24-2011, 01:51 AM
The Maloofs would have picked Jimmer regardless. All they care about is filling the seats and they know Jimmer is an instant draw.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-24-2011, 01:53 AM
For the record, I'm not saying Jimmer will necessarily be better than Knight or Kemba.

But I'm not saying that he won't be better either. They are all prospects. They all have potential. I know Kemba and especially Knight are safer picks, but if you can't see the huge upside in Jimmer then you are blind...plain and simple.

Athleticism isn't everything. Sometimes pure talent is enough.

To be honest I think Jimmer fits in great with the Kings. If he pans out, his outside shooting could be a perfect compliment to Tyreke's slashing ability and Cousin's post game.

Their styles all have great potential to compliment each others. I am excited about it and think they made the right pick. Only time will tell.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-24-2011, 01:56 AM
The Maloofs would have picked Jimmer regardless. All they care about is filling the seats and they know Jimmer is an instant draw.

He is definitely and instant draw, but I think his style really fits in nicely with this team.

From an offensive standpoint, he could be a superb fit.

Defense is another issue, but hey, this is a young team. Before we start thinking championship, lets just see if this team can put some points on the board, build some chemistry, and win some games.

They have more than enough offensive talent to be a great offensive team if this Jimmer guy contributes in the NBA.

beasted86
06-24-2011, 02:13 AM
Brandon Knight is pissed because he know the Pistons have a jam log of guards:

Stuckey (who they tendered a qualifying offer), Gordon, Hamilton, and Bynum all at the PG or SG. All under guaranteed contract for at least 3 more seasons.

Shame, I think he would be a very good guard if given a chance to develop on the right team.

hyphy king 88
06-24-2011, 02:15 AM
He is definitely and instant draw, but I think his style really fits in nicely with this team.

From an offensive standpoint, he could be a superb fit.

Defense is another issue, but hey, this is a young team. Before we start thinking championship, lets just see if this team can put some points on the board, build some chemistry, and win some games.

They have more than enough offensive talent to be a great offensive team if this Jimmer guy contributes in the NBA.

Agree.

MalZee24
06-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Anyone who says the kings got screwed cuz knight fell to 7 are stupid. The kings made it clear that they didnt want another rookie. They wanted a vet. They were able to do that by getting Salmons...and still managed to draft a rookie pg in Fredette.

DetroitRipCity
06-24-2011, 06:44 AM

Stuckey (who they tendered a qualifying offer), Gordon, Hamilton, and Bynum all at the PG or SG. All under guaranteed contract for at least 3 more seasons.

Shame, I think he would be a very good guard if given a chance to develop on the right team.

he will get to develop we will probably move BG or Rip. Stuckey will go to the 2 it will be

Knight/Bynum
Stuckey/BG or Rip

and if we cant move Rip or BG then Rip will get the majority of his mins playing SF

Gators123
06-24-2011, 07:08 AM

Pistons new owner Tom Gores will not keep Rip around. And Bynum isn't anything special.

Dumars sounded extremely high on Knight during his press conference yesterday. I wouldn't be surprised if Knight started at PG from day 1 next season.

Tom Stone
06-24-2011, 07:19 AM

Your wrong man......Your going to love the Jimmer....You may posses the greatest shooter in the NBA , with the ability to break people down people down....him and Evans are gonna be headache to stop

JWO35
06-24-2011, 07:28 AM
You know what, I was thinking the Sacramento Kings as Draft losers, but their overall draft is pretty nice(Thomas & Honeycutt), along with Jimmer...but it feels like Bobcats pimped them, took their 7th pick with Knight on the board and then drafting Kemba at 9th(I don't know how interested Kings was in Walker but seems like someone they would consider as well).

Overall, I like their draft. I like their Draft-Day Trade even more, it feels like the Pistons were the 4th team :D