PDA

View Full Version : Kobe and Iggy were almost Clippers together

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Mark Heisler: ONE LAKER WHO'D LOVE IGGY: Kobe, who shares agent (Pelinka) with him,tried to get Clips to take him at No. 4 in '04 when KB was headed there

:speechless:

Dash
06-23-2011, 04:55 PM
How was Kobe headed to the Clippers?

Clippersfan86
06-23-2011, 04:57 PM
How was Kobe headed to the Clippers?

You don't remember 04 free agency? How he supposedly was about to sign with the Clips that night and sources said he was dead serious? Then the next day he signed the biggest contract in NBA history with the Lakers.

Avenged
06-23-2011, 05:09 PM
I remember Kobe expressing interest in the Clippers. Did he really want Iggy though? That's some high praise for him especially for a soon to be rookie (at the time).

KnicksR4Real
06-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Kobe to the Clippers? When the hell was this?

Lucky Junior
06-23-2011, 05:22 PM
I remember that actually... and honestly, if Kobe would have went to the Clippers, with Brand, Iggy, and Kaman there I think they'd of been contenders. Really even without Iggy they'd of been contenders. People forget just how good Livingston was before his knee injury. And Maggete was balling at that time too.

FuriousJatt
06-23-2011, 05:23 PM
damn getting iggy and getting rid of either luke or ron would be a blessing.

metsfanssince05
06-23-2011, 05:24 PM
interesting, never heard about that. I think he would be the most hated Laker of all time if he ever went to the Clips.

Chronz
06-23-2011, 05:26 PM
It wouldve been the greatest thing to happen to Kobe

AIRMAR72
06-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Kobe to the Clippers? When the hell was this?
your too young to remember thats why but he was at war with shaq and others(mailman N da glove) at the time i believe it was the yr or prior he was charge for the fake rape charges he ended up changing his number from 8-24 kobe wanted to be a leader of a team SO mangement granted kobe his wishes bring in lamar and koran butler but kobe still couldnt get it DONE until pau gaol arrived

IAmKira
06-23-2011, 06:16 PM
your too young to remember thats why but he was at war with shaq and others(mailman N da glove) at the time i believe it was the yr or prior he was charge for the fake rape charges he ended up changing his number from 8-24 kobe wanted to be a leader of a team SO mangement granted kobe his wishes bring in lamar and koran butler but kobe still couldnt get it DONE until pau gaol arrived

he was charged @ summer of 03. never had war with the glove. Maybe sum arguement between him and mailman over his wife or watever. he changed his # to 24 begining of 07. the shaq trade was at the end of 04 after they lost the finals. the free agency involved him with the suns, clipper, bulls and the Lakers