PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Hawks offering Josh Smith for the #2 pick???

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 03:23 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/83974677281783808

Y! Sports Latest Draft Buzz: Atlanta dangling Josh Smith to Minnesota for No. 2 pick, eyeing Enes Kanter. http://t.co/7FQWyoc

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:speechless:

T Wolves accept it!!

WolvesJagsOs
06-23-2011, 03:24 PM
I just read this. Kanter makes sence for them, but it doesnt make sence for Minny even tho i am obsessed with Smith. Where does he play? thats the prob with Dwill, thats why we want to trade it.

Mile High Champ
06-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't see where Smith fits with the T-Wolves.

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Either move Love to Center like the USA team did

Rubio
Johnson
Beasley
Smith
Love

or

Make Beasley the 6th man

Rubio
Johnson
Smith
Love
Darko

Beasley

Idk why yall wouldnt take this and just make it work

T Wolves need Defense

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 03:27 PM
I think they'd draft Kanter with the #2 if they are able to swing this deal. Ideal in that they'd be able to move Horford to his natural position of PF.

Argh!!! Really wanted the #2 for Iggy however. :mad:

haggis
06-23-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't see where Smith fits with the T-Wolves.

at all.

bringinwood
06-23-2011, 03:28 PM
Wow...

It's hard to see the Wolves doing this deal without a plan for Beasley...

I don't know how they don't pull the trigger on that deal though...

If i'm the Wolves, my only hesitation is whether or not Smoove would give 100 % in Minnesota... That aside, if i'm the T-Wolves, this isn't about whether or not, it's about how quickly I can make it happen...

MacFitz92
06-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Doesn't make any sense.

j-bay
the only reason the the hawks are doing this is cause one of their division rivals are in the biding

WolvesJagsOs
I think he would give 100% here, ik we havent been a winning team, but come on, you have to see potential here.

Anyways, does Smith work well at SF? If im not mistaken alot of ppl said he isnt very good at SF, better PF...(Klove).

Klove at C could work for alot of teams, there isnt that many good C's in the league anymore.

Giraffes Rule
06-23-2011, 03:32 PM
Love at center wouldn't be good.

HouRealCoach
06-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Thats a horrible trade for the Wolves...

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Rubio would have a field day with alley oops and passing to Johnson, Beasley, Smith, and Love

I would see him avg over 10 ast his first year

NBA_Starter
06-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Doesn't make any sense.

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Rubio- Passing PG
Johnson- Defense
Beasley- Scorer
Smith- Defense
Love- Scorer/Rebounder

John Walls Era
06-23-2011, 03:35 PM
I like this. Hawks are in no mans land. If Derrick Williams turns into a superstar (doubt), then they have a chance to win.

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Rubio- Passing PG
Johnson- Defense
Beasley- Scorer
Smith- Defense
Love- Scorer/Rebounder

Looks nice doesn't it. Sadly that's not how it works. That doesn't look like much an improvement for them from last season.

John Walls Era
Rubio would have a field day with alley oops and passing to Johnson, Beasley, Smith, and Love

His passing isn't any better than Jose Calderon's, CP3s, Kidds, Nash etc. He does have high IQ, but I doubt that translates to the NBA right away.

Hustlenomics
Either move Love to Center like the USA team did

and take it to the rim on the Wolves all day

driz
06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Beasley - Smith - Love with Rubio setting it up....that's amazing. ANY draft pick is a gamble...Josh Smith is a proven player, and is exactly what Minnesota has been talking about what they were looking for in exchange for the #2.

I've wanted Josh Smith on the Pistons for years. Minnesota would be nuts to pass up on him IMO.

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 03:39 PM
and take it to the rim on the Wolves all day

Not with Smith on the help side

It would be just like Dirk and Chandler not talent wise but playing style wise

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Smith would be an excellent fit for Minni...how can most of you not see that.

KnicksR4Real
solid trade

*Silver&Black*
Kanter seems obvious, but we do have a hole at SF too, so don't be surprised if we have Teague/Johnson/DWilliams/Horford/? next year.

I have a feeling this will include Flynn.

bringinwood
06-23-2011, 03:46 PM
Beasley - Smith - Love with Rubio setting it up....that's amazing. ANY draft pick is a gamble...Josh Smith is a proven player, and is exactly what Minnesota has been talking about what they were looking for in exchange for the #2.

I've wanted Josh Smith on the Pistons for years. Minnesota would be nuts to pass up on him IMO.

I think you're pretty spot on with this...

A Rubio, Beasley, Love, Smith quartet would be pretty intriguing to me...

I wonder if the T-Wolves are gauging interest from all teams or if the T-Wolves are asking teams for certain players...

If they are receiving offers like this from around the league, maybe they'd be better keeping the pick and drafting Williams...

Hustlenomics
06-23-2011, 03:46 PM

Smith will pick up fouls trying to cover up for Love's weakness on D

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 03:47 PM

Nope.

Smith is a better shot blocker than Tyson and much more aggressive when going for steals (playing the passing the lanes and when guarding individuality) but that's about it. His overall defensive worth (Individual D, PnR D, Help) Tyson's got Smith beat.

Tyson was the ruler of the paint for the Mavs and he had a streak of arrogance about him that left an impact on other teams and players. Smith not so much. He is also not the best Man defender there is. Essentially Dwight, Horford, Gasol, Jefferson etc will have a field day any time they come up against the Wolves. Not to mention Rose, Wall, Harris etc.

Ebbs
06-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Just gamble on D-will. . .

Jewelz0376
06-23-2011, 03:48 PM

x2

WolvesJagsOs
06-23-2011, 03:48 PM
the more i think about it the more i like it, he is like dwill but he is a vet that we need. have to imagine beasley would be dealt.

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 03:49 PM

Thats what they said about Chandler with Dirks defense

And Horford is the same size as Love, Love is actually bigger

Swashcuff
Kanter seems obvious, but we do have a hole at SF too, so don't be surprised if we have Teague/Johnson/DWilliams/Horford/? next year.

I have a feeling this will include Flynn.

Drafting Kanter and signing a player like Taysaun Prince will pay great dividends for you guys IMO. Horford would be assured that he'd finally be primarily playing the PF. I really don't see you guys getting a C via trade and certainly not in FA though there is a few quality Cs out there.

*Silver&Black*
Who should the Hawks get, Kanter or Williams (since we need SF and C)?

WolvesJagsOs

Thats completely false. Love is a more than solid defender. Just because he isnt flashy on D doesnt mean he is bad.

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Tonight is gonna be great!!!

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 03:50 PM

Yea but Horford makes up for Smith's inadequacies on D. Horford can more than hold his own defensively against the best bigs in the game. Kevin Love not so much, I mean his D isn't as horrible as most make it out to be but he sure is hell isn't a Al Horford on D.

WolvesJagsOs
06-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Nope.

Smith is a better shot blocker than Tyson and much more aggressive when going for steals (playing the passing the lanes and when guarding individuality) but that's about it. His overall defensive worth (Individual D, PnR D, Help) Tyson's got Smith beat.

Tyson was the ruler of the paint for the Mavs and he had a streak of arrogance about him that left an impact on other teams and players. Smith not so much. He is also not the best Man defender there is. Essentially Dwight, Horford, Gasol, Jefferson etc will have a field day any time they come up against the Wolves. Not to mention Rose, Wall, Harris etc.

Which is why we would prolly start Darko against those guys. But lets be honest, how many times are we gonna be going up against elite C's? There isnt that many.

WolvesJagsOs
06-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Who should the Hawks get, Kanter or Williams (since we need SF and C)?

Kanter, like the above post says, go after a guy like Prince for the SF hole.

Swashcuff
Thats completely false. Love is a more than solid defender. Just because he isnt flashy on D doesnt mean he is bad.

Lets not say more than solid that's pushing it a bit. He's capable and surely not as bad as most make him out to be. He IS a PF however not a C. Horford does a better job playing out of position than Love.

Hustlenomics

difference is Horford isn't soft on D like Love

Let's not exaggerate here

*Silver&Black*
06-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Horford is a PF that can guard any Center in the league not named Howard. Love I don't think can handle that on D.

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Which is why we would prolly start Darko against those guys. But lets be honest, how many times are we gonna be going up against elite C's? There isnt that many.

Let's be honest do you want to change rotations every 3 nights to match up with the opposing team or would you rather have a set rotation throughout the season. I mean usually the teams who change there rotations often aren't known to be the best while those who keep a steady rotation hold their own pretty well.

Regardless if Darko starts or not he'll only be getting 10-16 minutes Max. What do you do for the other 20+ minutes that those opposing Cs will be playing?

*Silver&Black*
06-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Rumor is it's Beasley/Kanter for Smith (read on a Hawks forum it was said on CBSSports).

So Teague/Johnson/Beasley/Horford/Kanter?

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Rumor is it's Beasley/Kanter for Smith.

IF true that would be GREAT for you guys. With the eventual departure of Crawford, Beasley full the hole left on offense. Maybe even do some with some efficiency.

LTBaByyy
There ya go the rumor is Beasley/Kanter for Smith

Rubio
Johnson
Smith
Love
Darko

That is a good line up offensively and defensively

Teague
Johnson
Beasley
Horford
Kanter

Is a great line up too and young

Great trade for both

dtmagnet
I think that would be a good trade for the Wolves.

MJ-BULLS
06-23-2011, 04:06 PM
According to CNNSI...add Michael Beasley into that deal also.
Quote:
ATL Gets:
# 2 overall pick
Michael Beasley

MIN Gets:
J. Smith
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/draft-2011/06/23/draft.day.blog/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a3

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Great thing for both teams!!!

Especially the Wolves, they need defense

*Silver&Black*
06-23-2011, 04:09 PM
I LOVEEEEEEEE Josh Smith and he is an ATL guy, but if Kanter works out, and we get Beasley (Wolves would be over the cap without sending us someone, and now SI is reporting this), the Hawks get a solid starting line-up with everyone in their positions.

A full year of Teague, someone that can finally score at SF to help Johnson in Beasley, and a true center.

JPHX
06-23-2011, 04:16 PM
Bad for the wolves.

LakersMaster24
06-23-2011, 04:16 PM
I am not sure if Smith is the guy. He will definetly wont come off the bench, and idk if he and Love can share the floor at the same time. Love is a true forward, he wont be as effective if played as a center IMO.

*Silver&Black*
06-23-2011, 04:18 PM
Smith will prob not like being traded to the Wolves, but on ATL's side, I can't wait for this trade if it's Beasley and Kanter.

j-bay
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Smith will prob not like being traded to the Wolves, but on ATL's side, I can't wait for this trade if it's Beasley and Kanter.

Imagie how kanter feels he will probally be pissed that he is not going to DC. Hee's been talking about it all month

Hawkeye15
06-23-2011, 04:24 PM
Its the writers speculation that Beasley would be sent back. he simply said the Wolves would need to send a player back to stay at/under the cap. The Wolves are not giving up Kanter/Beasley for Smith

j-bay
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
remeber folks this is just an offer we don't know how the t-wolves feel I think they want more picks to tell you the truth

AirJordanXVIII
06-23-2011, 04:27 PM
**** you Atlanta..... If I'm the Wolves I take Josh Smith over iggy 99 times out of 100.

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 04:27 PM
I just :pray: the Wolves like Iggy + #16 than this deal.

AnalyzeNShoot
06-23-2011, 04:38 PM
Wolves have a alot of asset that can land them in a very good situation, they better use them well!

Wisdom Listens
06-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Quote:
ATL Gets:
# 2 overall pick
Michael Beasley

MIN Gets:
J. Smith
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/draft-2011/06/23/draft.day.blog/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a3

**** that.

Pmeehan
06-23-2011, 04:52 PM
I think he would give 100% here, ik we havent been a winning team, but come on, you have to see potential here.

Anyways, does Smith work well at SF? If im not mistaken alot of ppl said he isnt very good at SF, better PF...(Klove).

Klove at C could work for alot of teams, there isnt that many good C's in the league anymore.

Being a Hawks fan, I can tell you that he does not fit in at Small Forward UNLESS HE PLAYS IN POST. This can work if Beasley plays a more outside game. If he doesnt, then you'll have Jo SMoooooVE shooting all over the place and end up buying advil in bulk from Costco for all the headaches youll be getting...

mttwlsn16
06-23-2011, 05:01 PM

not as fun as mo williams throwing lobs to blake, DJ, and iggy if they get him

Gambeezy
06-23-2011, 05:06 PM
not as fun as mo williams throwing lobs to blake, DJ, and iggy if they get him

lmao your sig made me laugh. You guys are hilarious with all of the Heat hate sigs. I wish more of them were actually funny like yours though.

Bravo95
06-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Being a Hawks fan, I can tell you that he does not fit in at Small Forward UNLESS HE PLAYS IN POST. This can work if Beasley plays a more outside game. If he doesnt, then you'll have Jo SMoooooVE shooting all over the place and end up buying advil in bulk from Costco for all the headaches youll be getting...
Couldn't have said it better myself.

If it happens, MINN better have a tough coach that he respects to make him stay in the post. Basically ran over Woodson and Drew and did whatever he wanted.

PAOboston
06-23-2011, 05:49 PM
i think a 3rd team would have to involved to make this work. i get wht atlanta wants a center but why does minny need another tweener 4/3? they already have beasley. unless they plan on moving smith/beasley for another piece. that would make more sense imo

Bunta
06-23-2011, 05:52 PM
Josh Smith really gets my Man Motor going wit his athleticism.

ragee
06-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Get Smith then try to trade Love for Bogut! :D

MacFitz92
06-23-2011, 06:10 PM

Lol.

Tyson Chandler is a 7' center who's one of the best defensive big men in the league. Dirk's an above average defender PF at 7'.

You're moving a poor defending PF to C, and moving a good help defender tweener (more of a SF tbh) to PF.

That froncourt would get eatin' alive.

AIRMAR72
06-23-2011, 06:11 PM
FROM what ive seen and heard josh dominate in practice he just CANT translate in realtime game, his athletic ability are off da charts its about being focus and aggressive maybe a change of scene would help him

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Lol.

Tyson Chandler is a 7' center who's one of the best defensive big men in the league. Dirk's an above average defender PF at 7'.

You're moving a poor defending PF to C, and moving a good help defender tweener (more of a SF tbh) to PF.

That froncourt would get eatin' alive.

Dirk may be a lot of things but an above average defender he is not. I could see a case for average but certainly not above average.

packers12to88
06-23-2011, 06:26 PM
Do it wolves!

NBAfan4life
06-23-2011, 06:28 PM
I dont like the deal for the Wolves if Beas is involved.

bmac_121
06-23-2011, 06:34 PM
I'd love this for my Hawks. We get a Center who can move Horford to PF, and we'd upgrade our SF position(Marvin starts at Sf for us, not Smoove a majority of the time). It'd be nice for the wolves too imo. Imagine Rubio to Smoove.....

AI4MVP
06-23-2011, 06:43 PM
dont like this for the wolves too much..

drobe86
06-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Its a bad trade for both sides. Josh can't play the 3, and he doesn't wanna stay in the paint and play 4.. The Hawks would get raped in this deal unless they got Brandon Knight. But they really don't need a pg.. And it would be a matter of time before Josh acted out and wanted to go somewhere else... He's not playing for Minnesota!!!

twin4life
06-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Its a bad trade for both sides. Josh can't play the 3, and he doesn't wanna stay in the paint and play 4.. The Hawks would get raped in this deal unless they got Brandon Knight. But they really don't need a pg.. And it would be a matter of time before Josh acted out and wanted to go somewhere else... He's not playing for Minnesota!!!

Neither is Ricky Rubio :cool:

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 07:04 PM
Neither is Ricky Rubio :cool:

:laugh:

drobe86
06-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
ATL Gets:
# 2 overall pick
Michael Beasley

MIN Gets:
J. Smith

Now that looks like a solid deal...