PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Draft Day Thread

NBA_Starter
06-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Discuss...

NBA_Starter
06-23-2011, 03:20 PM
I won't be around until afterwards because I'm going to the Draft Party at The Cable Box.

JDM
06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Appstate, discussing your post on the other thread, I saw that too. I really hopes it's not true though because essentially we are trading 9th and 19th for a top 5 pick and are getting Tristan Thompson in return... No thanks. I also read where we are talking to the Bucks, potentially getting their 10th pick. If we get Thompson somehow and then are able to trade TT or Diaw to the Bucks for their 10th and get a scorer then I could understand getting Thompson, but just getting Thompson would leave us with way too many PFs. So something like this:

9 and 19 for 4: Thompson
TT or Diaw for 10: SF, any scorer.

But that would still leave us without a center. But with this scenario aside, I want Leonard. Period. Then Vucevic at 19. That is my dream scenario.

NBA_Starter
06-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Sources say that the Charlotte Bobcats (9), Milwaukee Bucks (10) and Golden State Warriors (11) are also open to moving their picks. In this case, the interest is all pretty specific. The Knicks, and a handful of other teams, are trying to get ahead of the Jazz. The target? BYU's Jimmer Fredette."

Among these, the most likely trade candidate is the Charlotte Bobcats at number 9 whose owner, Michael Jordan, has long been rumored to want to make a deal with the New York to unload some hefty contracts.

Oft-injured DeSagana Diop has two years (including a player option) at about $7 million per year left on his contract and Stephen Jackson has two year and will make $9.2 million next year.

Although Diop will just be a salary dump, Jackson can still contribute to New York as a shooting guard or small forward.

So for Fredette with the number 9 pick, Jackson, and Diop, the Knicks would likely have to give up a promising player in Landry Fields and Chauncey Billups' $14 million expiring contract

The salaries of Jackson and Diop for Billups and Fields would match up between the two teams.

New York would get the coveted Fredette to line up at point guard next to Carmelo Anthony, with Jackson backing up Anthony or starting at small forward.

Jordan and the Bobcats get to unload contracts and get significantly under the salary cap (to be determined by NBA labor negotiations) and vie for the 2012 free agent class that should rival the 2010 class.

http://sanfrancisco.ibtimes.com/articles/168470/20110623/knicks-trade-rumors-jimmer-fredette-stephen-jackson-for-billups-fields.htm

JDM
06-23-2011, 04:22 PM
To be honest I have no idea why the Knicks would do that trade.

NBA_Starter
06-23-2011, 04:58 PM
To be honest I have no idea why the Knicks would do that trade.

I don't like it because we'd cut Billups.

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't like it because we'd cut Billups.

You don't like it? Are you kidding me? Billups is worthless to this team for anything other than his expiring. We would get to dump Diop's horrible ***, and we get a good, young wing in Landry Fields. We would absolutely rape this deal, but Jackson is apparently gone already.

JDM
06-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Do you guys see a TT trade coming? If we do indeed get Thompson, I have to suspect we will trade TT or Diaw.

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 06:18 PM
Do you guys see a TT trade coming? If we do indeed get Thompson, I have to suspect we will trade TT or Diaw.

I don't think we're going to get Tristan Thompson anyways. He might go #4 to Cleveland. If we do, I assume we would either trade Diaw, or he would play more SF, which I don't think would necessarily be a bad thing.

SluggeR
06-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Don't see my knick throwing away their chance to be players in the 2012 offseason for Fredette/Jackson/Diop. I like how you all are building through the draft, now yall just gotta get the picks right. If the "Jumpmen" get Biyombo that will be a very nice pick. With their other lottery pick, I think the FO need to go with a dynamic offensive player. If not, this may be the lowest scoring team in NBA history this year(I say no singleton).

JDM
06-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Chad Ford is saying that the Raptors at 5 are giving Biyombo a real strong look. That would almost certainly result in us getting Thompson at 7.

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 07:22 PM
Chad Ford is saying that the Raptors at 5 are giving Biyombo a real strong look. That would almost certainly result in us getting Thompson at 7.

Not if Cleveland takes him at #4. That would probably be the worst case scenario, if something like this played out:

1. Irving
2. Williams
3. Knight
4. Thompson
5. Biyombo
6. Kanter

Where do you go at this point? I suppose that the pick would be Valanciunas.

JDM
06-23-2011, 07:31 PM
I don't think Washington takes Kanter. They invited Czech officials to their draft party... That would be an awkward moment.

JDM
06-23-2011, 07:31 PM
But if it did happen i think the pick would be Leonard

GreatMustachio1
06-23-2011, 07:54 PM
I don't think we're going to get Tristan Thompson anyways. He might go #4 to Cleveland. If we do, I assume we would either trade Diaw, or he would play more SF, which I don't think would necessarily be a bad thing.

I think we really need to trade Diaw. I've been thinking we would. I also think Thompson, would fit better as a 3 even though he doesnt have great perimeter play. I just hope we don't take him.

GreatMustachio1
06-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Not if Cleveland takes him at #4. That would probably be the worst case scenario, if something like this played out:

1. Irving
2. Williams
3. Knight
4. Thompson
5. Biyombo
6. Kanter

Where do you go at this point? I suppose that the pick would be Valanciunas.

Uh hello.. we'll take Jimmer. Duhhh

GreatMustachio1
06-23-2011, 07:57 PM
Welp, Thompson is off the board.

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Called that. If Knight goes to Toronto, thinking our pick is Biyombo. If they take Biyombo, Valanciunas, please.

GreatMustachio1
06-23-2011, 08:12 PM
Looks like we got Big Mack

GreatMustachio1
06-23-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm just glad we got a younger Gana Diop

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 08:15 PM
I don't care if he's 18 or 28, we need his type of defense at C.

AsfanSince99
06-23-2011, 08:17 PM
Hasheem Thabeet 2.0, damn, yall could have gotten thabeet for a low #2nd Rd pk. Another big gamble for Jordan picking him this high. His track record hasn't been good.

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm just glad we got a younger Gana Diop

Disagree with that comparison, Biyombo is an athlete that can really fly. Just because they're both black and foreign doesn't mean they're similar. Now, let's see Kawhi or Singleton at #9.

Panthers4life
06-23-2011, 08:26 PM
bobcats get biyombo and kemba. yesssssssssss!

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Wow, what a garbage pick. Maybe we can bring back Muggsy Bogues too.

JakeDelbreezy
06-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Dammit...Kemba

JDM
06-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Complete loss of words. I hope there is a trade in the works because why have DJ and Kemba?

GreatMustachio1
06-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Disagree with that comparison, Biyombo is an athlete that can really fly. Just because they're both black and foreign doesn't mean they're similar. Now, let's see Kawhi or Singleton at #9.

First of all it was a joke. Second of all I wasn't saying it because they are both black and foreign. You said that. Not me.

I like this pick he is a great player with incredible athleticism and is going to be quite a force on the inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wm0rf9c7PQ&feature=related

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Complete loss of words. I hope there is a trade in the works because why have DJ and Kemba?

We better move DJ, they can't play together. Total waste of a pick, we drafted a 9th or 10th man with the #9 pick.

Kouki_Monstah
06-23-2011, 08:35 PM
It's a good year for Charlotte sports fan... first Cam Newton, and now Bismack and Kemba.

I've always been a die hard Bulls fan since the Jordan era, and still am. However, Charlotte is in my neck of the woods... Jordan owns the 'Cats...so, I still follow the Bobcats.

I love the Panthers, and go see them play every year as much as I can. Now, I'm stoked to see Kemba in a Bobcats uniform. It seems like I'll be stopping in town other than to see my Bulls and my Bobcats play!

Stoked! :clap:

GreatMustachio1
06-23-2011, 08:37 PM
I have a feeling DJ and Diaw will both be traded. Hopefully Diop too.

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 08:39 PM
First of all it was a joke. Second of all I wasn't saying it because they are both black and foreign. You said that. Not me.

I like this pick he is a great player with incredible athleticism and is going to be quite a force on the inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wm0rf9c7PQ&feature=related

What was the point of you saying he was Gana Diop when they are vastly different? Diop is fat, unathletic, and a legit 7 footer. Biyombo is short for a big, and is a pretty explosive athlete.

Kouki_Monstah
06-23-2011, 08:41 PM
We better move DJ, they can't play together. Total waste of a pick, we drafted a 9th or 10th man with the #9 pick.

DJ isn't good enough to be a starter on a solid team. I've never felt like DJ truly runs the team... Kemba is explosive, has heart... something that I feel DJ doesn't possess.

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 08:41 PM
It's a good year for Charlotte sports fan... first Cam Newton, and now Bismack and Kemba.

I've always been a die hard Bulls fan since the Jordan era, and still am. However, Charlotte is in my neck of the woods... Jordan owns the 'Cats...so, I still follow the Bobcats.

I love the Panthers, and go see them play every year as much as I can. Now, I'm stoked to see Kemba in a Bobcats uniform. It seems like I'll be stopping in town other than to see my Bulls and my Bobcats play!

Stoked! :clap:

Newton and Kemba were both ****** picks.

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 08:44 PM
DJ isn't good enough to be a starter on a solid team. I've never felt like DJ truly runs the team... Kemba is explosive, has heart... something that I feel DJ doesn't possess.

When a player's best attribute is heart, that means they suck. Heart isn't enough in the big leagues.

JMF
06-23-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks MJ.... :rolleyes:

Kouki_Monstah
06-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Newton and Kemba were both ****** picks.

http://i49.tinypic.com/i26dso.jpg

JDM
06-23-2011, 08:56 PM
Kawhi is falling way too far. Can I please get a trade?????

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Very cute Kouki, maybe next time you can find a real argument. And yes, I would love to find a trade and get Kawhi or Singleton.

Kouki_Monstah
06-23-2011, 09:00 PM
When a player's best attribute is heart, that means they suck. Heart isn't enough in the big leagues.

I truly think Kemba will be a better DJ Augustine in all aspects. We can argue all night long, but we won't know until it goes on the court.

GREATNESS ONE
06-23-2011, 09:08 PM
Kemba is going to tear it up in the NBA.

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 09:08 PM
I truly think Kemba will be a better DJ Augustine in all aspects. We can argue all night long, but we won't know until it goes on the court.

He was a waste of a pick if he's only marginally better than Augustin when we could have had one of several versatile forwards. Kemba only offers any sort of value at PG.

JDM
06-23-2011, 09:10 PM
I don't care if we have Kemba or not. But what makes me upset is if we are going to have Kemba then why have we not traded DJ yet?

Kouki_Monstah
06-23-2011, 09:11 PM
Very cute Kouki, maybe next time you can find a real argument. And yes, I would love to find a trade and get Kawhi or Singleton.

I have an argument... did DJ lead his team to a National Championship in college? :clap:

I hate we gave up the 19th pick... I was hoping for Singleton or Marshon Brooks. With Jack out, and Magette's history of injury, we need a scoring SF who can defend.

Kouki_Monstah
06-23-2011, 09:12 PM
I don't care if we have Kemba or not. But what makes me upset is if we are going to have Kemba then why have we not traded DJ yet?

"Elementary, my dear Watson."

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 09:20 PM
I have an argument... did DJ lead his team to a National Championship in college? :clap:

I hate we gave up the 19th pick... I was hoping for Singleton or Marshon Brooks. With Jack out, and Magette's history of injury, we need a scoring SF who can defend.

NCAA Championships are irrelevant in the pros. There are plenty of players that lead their teams to championships and are nothing at the pro level, and Kemba has not shown me anything that makes me believe he'll be a good NBA player.

Marlins11
06-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Not too crazy abouy Biyombo, we have enough PF's.
Could we see a trade with diaw, DJ, or Thomas?
I love the Kemba pick.

Appstate2012
06-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Any trade that contains diop/caroll/thomas and doesnt result in us takin on a contract for more then next year im down

NBA_Starter
06-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Needless to say I am very happy right now!:cool:

The Cable Box went nuts when this was announced!:)

NBA_Starter
06-23-2011, 10:38 PM
We are lucky to have Kemba, he was the BPA from like the 5th or 6th pick on.

NBA_Starter
06-23-2011, 10:54 PM
We drafted Jeremy Tyler with the 39th pick.

Puck017
06-23-2011, 10:55 PM
With the 1st pick of the 2012 draft the Charlotte Bobcats select Harrison Barnes

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Jeremy Tyler was a sexy pick. If he gets his head right, works hard, and develops, he will be a good NBA player. I think Paul Silas will be a good coach for him to work with, he will be able to guide him along gently but firmly.

With the 1st pick of the 2012 draft the Charlotte Bobcats select Harrison Barnes

We can only hope.

homestarunner93
06-23-2011, 11:00 PM
We sold Tyler to Golden State. :sigh:

Panthers4life
06-24-2011, 12:28 AM
everyone around the league is calling us top 3 winners of the draft. yes we'll pry have a top 5 pick next yr but were defenitely on our way. like what we did

Wolvesplayoffs?
06-24-2011, 02:21 AM
Wolves fan here. I really like what you guys did in the draft. You will love the attitude and energy from Kemba and Biyombo. What Kemba did in the tournament very well could translate into the pro's. His size won't matter as much as people say because he makes up for it in smarts and athleticism. Be patient trust me it isn't easy, nice moves Charlotte.

bobcat fan
06-24-2011, 02:30 AM
nice move but the magette for s-jax trade, same position, same salary, s-jax is much better than corey.

king4day
06-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Magette was the price you pay to move up for the pick. This wasn't a move to make the team better (by getting Corey), but he'll def help win some games.

NCBoSoxfan21
06-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Love our draft, I can be okay with Magette. He might be able to revive some of his former glory here.

Would be nice to get someone other than Kwame at C... wouldn't mind taking a run at Oden (he's restricted though) or bringing Chandler back.

homestarunner93
06-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Love our draft, I can be okay with Magette. He might be able to revive some of his former glory here.

Would be nice to get someone other than Kwame at C... wouldn't mind taking a run at Oden (he's restricted though) or bringing Chandler back.

Maggette will score a lot here, it wouldn't surprise me if he scored 20 PPG next year. We have nothing else offensively. I doubt he'll be efficient, but he'll still put up numbers.

Kwame was great last year, and Biyombo will play mostly C as well, I believe. I think Portland will probably bring back Oden, and Chandler would be a disaster. He didn't give a **** last time he was here, and I doubt he would this time either.

SluggeR
06-24-2011, 12:30 PM
Don't see my knick throwing away their chance to be players in the 2012 offseason for Fredette/Jackson/Diop. I like how you all are building through the draft, now yall just gotta get the picks right. If the "Jumpmen" get Biyombo that will be a very nice pick. With their other lottery pick, I think the FO need to go with a dynamic offensive player. If not, this may be the lowest scoring team in NBA history this year(I say no singleton).

The "Jumpmen" draft went the way I expected. There have been reports out there, that MJ has wanted Walker for a long time. You can't get mad for the FO going BPA. They may not feel D.J. is the answer at the point, which makes him an asset. If they felt D.J. was the answer, I would liked to see yall go with either Klay Thompson or Alec Burks; Henderson is nothing more than a rotation player to me. This team needs to acquire a dynamic scorer/go-2-guy.

NBA_Starter
06-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Wolves fan here. I really like what you guys did in the draft. You will love the attitude and energy from Kemba and Biyombo. What Kemba did in the tournament very well could translate into the pro's. His size won't matter as much as people say because he makes up for it in smarts and athleticism. Be patient trust me it isn't easy, nice moves Charlotte.

Thanks

wannabGM
07-11-2011, 07:46 AM
I like what the Bobcats FO did to move up and get Biyombo. It was a risk, but a calculated and intelligent one in my opinion. It was the type of move a team makes that is trying to build a contender, not move up 5 games in the standings and stay in mediocrity. While your team takes a short term hit without Jackson (who is already showing signs of aging/game dropping off), you added a big man who might be good enough to play a significant role in a 4/5 rotation that can go deep in the playoffs in the future. The added bonus that makes this trade a no-brainer to me is that Maggette's contract isn't longer than Jackson's....so no significantly negative cap hit as the team rebuilds.

Even though Milwaukee was just trying to get out of some bad contracts, and had to give up the pick, I think they made out pretty well also. Sacramento....unless Jimmer can become Nash-like (although more a scorer and less a passer), I'm pretty sure they screwed the pooch.

bigsams50
01-31-2012, 10:08 AM
I didnt feel like making a new thread since we already have a draft thread, so i will use this one.

Since we are probably going to have one of the top picks in the draft this year, whose a player yall are interested in?

JDM
01-31-2012, 06:08 PM
I've said this in another thread but I'll say it again, if we can get another 1st in the 8-15 range then I would love for us to get Drummond/Davis and then MKG. We would be set in all 5 starting positions.

bigsams50
01-31-2012, 07:04 PM
Drummond or Davis would be so beast for us. I dont know alot about MKG, but i hear he has potential

bobcat fan
02-01-2012, 09:34 PM
this years draft will be awesome to bobcat's 1st round pick drummond or davis, or can have another pick with Harrison Barnes.
this would be great...

bobcats have some trade pieces to add up another pick ro get some talent and free up some cap room next season...
i think Rich Cho will add up some picks.