PDA

View Full Version : Felton to Sac for #7?

FriedTofuz
06-23-2011, 12:45 AM
ESPN's Chris Broussard confirms that a deal sending Raymond Felton to the Kings in exchange for the No. 7 pick is a possibility.
The talks were first reported by the reliable Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo. Felton would be a backup to Ty Lawson next season, something he has hinted he's not enthralled with. He figures to be one of the most-discussed players in the next 24 hours. As for the Kings, it's obvious they are intent on getting an upgrade over

http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard

daleja424
06-23-2011, 12:47 AM
CB CONFIRMS that the deal is... a possibilty

Thanks a bunch...

how do you confirm a possibility!?!

MrfadeawayJB
Good deal for both teams imo. Felton can play point instantly, then move evans to the 2. He is better than any player they could get @ #7 imo. Nuggets get a solid pick in the draft to improve thier nice roster.

cle12152433
Im not going to pretend to know alot about the Kings, but they have Tyreke Evans and Felton has said he does not want to be a backup. Why would they trade for someone who doesn't want to be there?

FriedTofuz
06-23-2011, 12:50 AM

Thanks a bunch...

Im not sure if that was sarcasm, but your welcome. he Confirms it is a possibility because the kings are determined to find a pg, and that is certainly high value for raymond felton.

chonbon
06-23-2011, 12:50 AM
dumb

Ryan328
06-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Would be a good deal for the Kings. Better than anyone they can get at #7. Who do you think Denver would target with that 7th pick?

FriedTofuz
06-23-2011, 12:51 AM
Im not going to pretend to know alot about the Kings, but they have Tyreke Evans and Felton has said he does not want to be a backup. Why would they trade for someone who doesn't want to be there?

You dont know enough about tyreke evans:confused:. Hes not a pg . Hes has good playmaking skills, but hes not a PG. He is a shooting guard.

koreancabbage
06-23-2011, 12:52 AM
wow, Walker is going to get moved down the draft board if this happens

cle12152433
06-23-2011, 12:54 AM
You dont know enough about tyreke evans:confused:. Hes not a pg . Hes has good playmaking skills, but hes not a PG. He is a shooting guard.

He rotates doenst he?

BrizzleBear
06-23-2011, 01:02 AM
Felton at pg and Tyreke at sg and then have thornton coming off the bench in a sixth man role.

PurpleJesus
06-23-2011, 01:04 AM
good deal on both sides.

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Kings win this deal bc of the draft quality

FuriousJatt
06-23-2011, 01:10 AM
we need felton in LA

LTBaByyy
06-23-2011, 01:15 AM
Felton
Evans
Greene/Casspi
Thompson
Cousins

Thorton

Nice solid group!!!!! Now only if Evans can stay healthy and get back on coming a star in the NBA :clap:

Evans and Cousins could be your All Stars in the future

Raps18-19 Champ
06-23-2011, 01:17 AM
I see Leonard here. They need a SF last time I checked.

They also need a PF but I don't know who's available at 7.

nickdymez
06-23-2011, 01:21 AM
we need felton in LA

This

Hawkamania
06-23-2011, 01:55 AM
I believe this is a good deal for both sides considering how weak this draft is and I believe at this point in time Felton is a much better option at PG than Kemba or Jimmer for Sacramento at #7.

believeinNYK
06-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Good for both sides, looks like a very realistic trade possibility

VillaMaravilla
06-23-2011, 02:10 AM
i thought the Lakers were getting Felton Island

Joshtd1
06-23-2011, 02:15 AM
Would rather see the Kings trade the Nugs that 7 pick for Lawson then us getting it for Parker.

Jays Claw
06-23-2011, 02:20 AM
Would rather see the Kings trade the Nugs that 7 pick for Lawson then us getting it for Parker.

Not happening.

Denver views Lawson as their future star at PG. He's virtually the least gettable guy on the roster outside of maybe Gallinari. Also, did it ever appear to you that Lawson would be a sure-cut top 5 pick in this year's draft?

shep33
06-23-2011, 02:21 AM
How's Tyreke off the ball? I know he's dynaminte when he's got the rock.

MiamiBoy77
06-23-2011, 02:24 AM
I think their better off drafting Kemba ( if he is there )

allSUAVE
06-23-2011, 02:24 AM
Denver got them self a good GM, he knows what he's doing.

I think he's eyeing biyombo

BullsFTW
06-23-2011, 02:28 AM
makes sense for both teams

Joshtd1
06-23-2011, 02:30 AM
Not happening.

Denver views Lawson as their future star at PG. He's virtually the least gettable guy on the roster outside of maybe Gallinari. Also, did it ever appear to you that Lawson would be a sure-cut top 5 pick in this year's draft?

Yea I meant to put Felton, just put Lawson on accident.

Think Denver wins out on the trade, trading their backup PG for someone that could end up being good and helping them in their rebuilding process.

DerekRE_3
06-23-2011, 02:32 AM

Reke is a guard. He's 6'6 220. He can guard the 1 through the 3. A Felton Reke backcourt with Thornton as the 6th man would be sick things. They could do a three guard lineup at time with Felton Thornton Reke as well, depending on the matchups.

DerekRE_3
06-23-2011, 02:34 AM
Yea I meant to put Felton, just put Lawson on accident.

Think Denver wins out on the trade, trading their backup PG for someone that could end up being good and helping them in their rebuilding process.

Look at the other side of the table. The Kings get a starting point guard and get great value with the #7 pick in what looks to be a two player draft. Sure, Felton technically backs up Lawson, but Felton is a starting caliber point guard.

BallIsAll
06-23-2011, 02:42 AM
I like this and if we get the 7th i would love kemba or jimmer :)

NetsPaint
06-23-2011, 02:45 AM
Beno Udrih not being mentioned in here? What gives! Tyreke and Thornton aren't the only good guards on the team. I'd love Udrih on one of my teams, especially the Knicks.

LakersMaster24
06-23-2011, 03:32 AM
This trade makes sense. Denver can draft Kawhi Leonard with that 7th pick, while SAC will get a good PG to play alongside Evans.

I wish LA got Felton :crying:

LakersMaster24
06-23-2011, 03:33 AM
Makes sense for both teams. Denver can draft Kawhi Leonard with that 7th pick, while SAC Town gets a good point guard in Felton to play alongside Evans.

I want Felton to somehow get to LA thogh, we need him :cry:

LakersMaster24
06-23-2011, 03:34 AM
This trade makes sense. Denver can draft Kawhi Leonard with that 7th pick, while SAC will get a good PG to play alongside Evans.

I wish LA got Felton :crying:

Mods please delete this post.

Hawkamania
06-23-2011, 04:03 AM
Out of all the potential Draft day trades that have been discussed here on PSD, I'd say that this one sounds the most realistic and reasonable for both teams.

Whomewhome
06-23-2011, 04:09 AM
This is bad news for Kemba Walker who is falling faster then anyone right now

DenButsu
06-23-2011, 07:20 AM
Kings win this deal bc of the draft quality

I actually think it's completely mutually beneficial. Every team around the league knows that Lawson is the Nuggets' starter, that Felton wants to start (and therefore most likely wants out of Denver), and those two factors combine to depress Ray's trade value. The fact that he only has one year on his contract cuts both ways: expiring = good; risk of 1-year rental = bad.

This may not be the best draft in the world, but the Nuggets would be hard pressed to get better value than moving up to #7 and getting that amount of straight up cap relief.

I think it's a win-win, with both teams coming out of it just about as good as they possibly could for what they're giving up.

Really hope it happens.

FarOutIos
06-23-2011, 07:44 AM
As a kings fan... I really hope that their #22 pick is also included in this trade. The original rumor I heard did include the pick.

Not sure if we'd also be sending them Beno then...

DenButsu
06-23-2011, 09:59 AM
As a kings fan... I really hope that their #22 pick is also included in this trade. The original rumor I heard did include the pick.

Not sure if we'd also be sending them Beno then...

Seriously doubt it. A big part of trading Felton to move up would be dumping his salary, which would in turn make it easier to re-sign the FAs the Nuggets want to keep in the pocket, like Afflalo, Chandler, and possibly J.R. and K-Mart (depending on whether they're willing to stick around or not, which is questionable).

At any rate, getting Beno back would be more of a penalty than an asset for the Nuggs at this point. Which is not a knock on him as a player, it's just that for a (basically) rebuilding team, if new salary is to be taken onto the payroll, it should be devoted to young players who are part of the team's future, and Udrih isn't young, and wouldn't be part of a future Nuggs team.

S-Dot
06-23-2011, 10:12 AM
Granted I'm a biased UNC and Knicks fan, but Felton is one of the best floor generals at the point guard position in my opinion. I think he will greatly improve the Kings team who doesn't really need another young player who isn't yet established.

For the Nuggets, it doesn't look that bad on paper trading your backup PG for the #7 pick. And they're absolutely sold on Ty. I like the deal.

DerekRE_3
06-23-2011, 10:21 AM
I actually think it's completely mutually beneficial. Every team around the league knows that Lawson is the Nuggets' starter, that Felton wants to start (and therefore most likely wants out of Denver), and those two factors combine to depress Ray's trade value. The fact that he only has one year on his contract cuts both ways: expiring = good; risk of 1-year rental = bad.

This may not be the best draft in the world, but the Nuggets would be hard pressed to get better value than moving up to #7 and getting that amount of straight up cap relief.

I think it's a win-win, with both teams coming out of it just about as good as they possibly could for what they're giving up.

Really hope it happens.

My thoughts exactly. Trades are allowed to be beneficial to both teams.

DerekRE_3
06-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Beno Udrih not being mentioned in here? What gives! Tyreke and Thornton aren't the only good guards on the team. I'd love Udrih on one of my teams, especially the Knicks.

If you don't care about defense, Beno is very good. He's a very crafty player and is one of the few NBA players that has a very good mid range game. He's also one of the most underrated finishers in the league. He converted a little over 70% of his at the rim attempts this season, which is insane for a guard.

Problem with Beno is his defense. He tries, but he lacks the footspeed to keep up with the quick PG's of the NBA, and there are a lot of them.

metsfanssince05
06-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Sac is going to tair **** up. Get a bette bench and your set. Feltons 4th team in just a year :O

twoearl
06-23-2011, 10:32 AM

Thanks a bunch...

This! The internet has completely killed Journalism. Everyone just fires off what they heard. We now have people confirming rumors! LOL How dumb is that. I am so tired of somebody using "sources inside the organization." Anybody can do that.

I'm pretty sure 85% of the current nba players have been DISCUSSED in possible trade scenarios but only a few actually get traded.