PDA

View Full Version : 76ers, Lakers talk Iguodala deal; Wolves in play for Philly swingman

sixer04fan
06-22-2011, 08:42 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/sam_amick/06/22/iguodala.sixers/index.html

The 76ers are continuing to explore trade options for Andre Iguodala, and league sources said that a deal with the Lakers involving Lamar Odom has been discussed recently.

While it's unclear whether the deal has real potential or is still alive, it's yet another sign that the Sixers are determined to land an impact player while improving their salary-cap situation in any trade for their second-leading scorer and top defender. Iguodala is owed a combined $44 million for the next three seasons (including $13.5 million next season), while Odom is set to make $8.9 million next season in the final guaranteed year of his contract.

The deal would have to include another Lakers player in order to work under salary-cap rules. One of the sources said the Lakers might include small forward Ron Artest, who will be paid $21.7 million over the next three seasons and has an early-termination option for 2013-14.

Iguodala is in play for Minnesota as well, according to a rival general manager who called the possibility of the Sixers acquiring the No. 2 pick in a package for their 27-year-old swingman "definitely real." The Timberwolves have been seeking a high-level veteran in exchange for the second selection in Thursday's draft and other pieces.

As for another oft-cited Iguodala scenario, a source close to the situation said talks between Philadelphia and Golden State regarding Warriors shooting guard Monta Ellis have been quiet for weeks.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Please don't happen.

SACNYY
06-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Damn, if he goes to LA..watchout.

Avenged
06-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Lakers D would improve greatly. Iggy is now in his prime in comparison to a 31 year old Odom.

Jewelz0376
06-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Wow I would love that deal....I'd hate to see LO go but if it got Iggy i would be ok with that...especially if they got rid of artest too...

KB24PG16
06-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Idk how I feel about that

pd7631
06-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Iggy for Odom and Artest is garbage.....don't get your hopes up Laker fans. The Minnesota scenario would be amazing for the Sixers, especially if we can hang onto pick 16.

Kanter or Derrick Williams

Motiejunas, Biyombo, Jordan Hamilton

PG-Jrue Holiday
SG-Evan Turner
SF-Derrick Williams
PF-Elton Brand
C-Bismack Biyombo

Wow

knightstemplar
06-22-2011, 09:00 PM
idk

AnalyzeNShoot
06-22-2011, 09:01 PM
how would iggy help the lakers???

They need some1 to run point, iggy is good passer but gosh would be that big of an upgrade. Just get a pass first pg.
Get Carlderon from Raps!

JDink24
06-22-2011, 09:03 PM
Iggy for Odom and Artest is garbage.....don't get your hopes up Laker fans. The Minnesota scenario would be amazing for the Sixers, especially if we can hang onto pick 16.

PG-Jrue Holiday
SG-Evan Turner
SF-Derrick Williams
PF-Elton Brand
C-Bismack Biyombo

Wow

:pray:

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 09:14 PM
how would iggy help the lakers???

They need some1 to run point, iggy is good passer but gosh would be that big of an upgrade. Just get a pass first pg.
Get Carlderon from Raps!

Location: Canada! That's all we need to know about this post.

More-Than-Most
06-22-2011, 09:18 PM
I just got wood thinking about having the number 2 and number 16 picks in the draft with a bonus of getting rid of Iggy... God please let this happen.

believeinNYK
06-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Good trade for the lakers, it's ok for Philly
The Minnesota would be the best deal for both of them

Bubba313
06-22-2011, 09:25 PM

PG-Jrue Holiday
SG-Evan Turner
SF-Derrick Williams
PF-Elton Brand
C-Bismack Biyombo

Wow

Honest question not tryin to hate or anything...

Is this lineup better than the one that got you a 7 seed this year?

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 09:26 PM

If they live up to their potential and work well chemistry wise YES. If not NO.

pd7631
06-22-2011, 09:31 PM

If it is better, it's not much better.......immediately. But in terms of being set up for the future, this is about as good an offseason scenario as we could have.

sixer04fan
06-22-2011, 09:32 PM

Not this year... I'd hope in 2-3 years that lineup is a young force in the east like the Thunder...

PhillyFan04
06-22-2011, 09:32 PM
if the sixers can get the 2ed pick of the draft (williams or Kanter) and keep the 16th pick I will be doing kart wheels and fist pumps naked around my block for hrs (no homo lol)...plz sixers if its true plz do it now!!! :pray:

Bubba313
06-22-2011, 09:33 PM
If it is better, it's not much better.......immediately. But in terms of being set up for the future, this is about as good an offseason scenario as we could have.

Yea that is true. I was thinking in terms of right now, but if I was a Sixers fan I would be ecstatic with that roster for the future.

bholly
06-22-2011, 09:38 PM

:up:

HouRealCoach
06-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Nobody wants Lakers trash... They are just destined to let anyone go that they can

Giraffes Rule
06-22-2011, 09:40 PM
The Lakers trade isn't good for Philly. Iggy for the 2nd pick straight up would be better. No point in getting locked up to a head case and the 31 year old Mr Kardashian.

llemon
06-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Sixers taking Artest in that deal is insanity on Philly's part.

Kobes a Killer
06-22-2011, 09:47 PM
The Lakers trade isn't good for Philly. Iggy for the 2nd pick straight up would be better. No point in getting locked up to a head case and the 31 year old Mr Kardashian.

:facepalm:

koreancabbage
06-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Nobody wants Lakers trash... They are just destined to get anyone they can

fixed :D

RaiderLakersA's
06-22-2011, 09:48 PM
I really don't see this happening.

RowanJournalist
06-22-2011, 09:56 PM

Johnny Flynn, Lou Williams, Thad Young, Spencer Hawes, Andres Nocioni etc... coming off the bench? Screw the starting lineup; our depth would be astonishing.

justinnum1
06-22-2011, 09:57 PM
damn, that would definitely help the lakers.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2011, 09:57 PM
This would be a good deal for Philly and Minnesota. Minny is dying for vet help, and a defender on the wing. Philly is looking to ditch salary and get a good young prospect to let their team grow.

Ender
06-22-2011, 10:01 PM
The Minny deal is better, no doubt, but I don't hate the idea of Odom's expiring coming our way. 2 years of Artest could be great or blow-up. Either way, no way he lasts 2 seasons in Philly. Buy out-kick out-GTFO at some point. He needs a bigger spotlight.

I don't move Iggy unless we get back a premium scorer. If that's the #2 and Williams or to GS for Ellis, so be it. Team has gone as far as it can with him. And Evan Turned needs the breathing room. He's going to be amazing next year with a little freedom and some goddamn minutes.

GeekInThePink
06-22-2011, 10:02 PM

Don't be ignorant.

Korman12
06-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Best deal I've seen so far for Iggy. I'm all in. (Minny deal)

JB0B0
06-22-2011, 10:04 PM
I know LA usually jobs teams in trades but an Odom-Iggy swap would actually be a fair deal. Sure Iggy is younger and better, but Odom is still an impact player and is in the final year of his deal.

Mishmin
06-22-2011, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure about this one..

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Don't be ignorant.

Who would you rather if you were a fan of the Lakers? Andre Iguodala or Jose Calderon?

RowanJournalist
06-22-2011, 10:06 PM
best deal i've seen so far for iggy. I'm all in. (minny deal)

x1,000,000,000

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 10:07 PM
This would be a good deal for Philly and Minnesota. Minny is dying for vet help, and a defender on the wing. Philly is looking to ditch salary and get a good young prospect to let their team grow.

You proposed this deal to me a couple days ago. I surely am all for it.

SeoulBeatz
06-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Dude, absolutely NO to L.O and Artest.

5 years ago, sure thing buddy, but L.O and Artest are approaching the end of the road, how does this help us for the future?

Avenged
06-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Who would you rather if you were a fan of the Lakers? Andre Iguodala or Jose Calderon?

We need a PG more than anything but if Iggy was offered as well as Calderon, and we can only get one, obviously you go for Iggy.

shep33
06-22-2011, 10:10 PM
I love Odom, I'm a Laker fan though... not too high on Iggy. The guy can't score, but can do everything else really well.

I think LO in Philly would be unreal though. Imagine him starting, he's easily at 17 and 10 player when he starts. Not only that, but Philly in transition would be deadly.

Jewelz0376
06-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Dude, absolutely NO to L.O and Artest.

5 years ago, sure thing buddy, but L.O and Artest are approaching the end of the road, how does this help us for the future?

:laugh2:

Yea as much as I'd love for that deal to go down...Philly would have to be beyond stupid to take Artest.....That would rank up there with some of Billy Kings deals

Hawkeye15
06-22-2011, 10:13 PM
You proposed this deal to me a couple days ago. I surely am all for it.

Iggy, #16, for #2, #20, and Flynn. Thoughts?

pd7631
06-22-2011, 10:15 PM

DEAL!!! :hi5:

JDink24
06-22-2011, 10:19 PM
:laugh2:

Yea as much as I'd love for that deal to go down...Philly would have to be beyond stupid to take Artest.....That would rank up there with some of Billy Kings deals

The Nightmares! :speechless:

BigCityofDreams
06-22-2011, 10:24 PM
I love the night before the draft :)

Hawkeye15
DEAL!!! :hi5:

its rare when 2 fanbases agree to a trade haha

sixer04fan

Do the salaries match?

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 10:26 PM

Interesting. I'd do it once we're set on taking Kanter with the #2. I am not too high on Flynn but he's talented and along with Jrue would make for one of the better PG tandems in the league. If we're taking Williams at the 2 I'll be a little iffy but I'll do it however. Either way I see it as a win win for both teams.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 10:27 PM
The Nightmares! :speechless:

:ohno:

EaglesJackson10
06-22-2011, 10:28 PM
I would much rather have Williams than Kanter if we do get the 2nd pick. I am really high on Williams personally. We need to get this deal done. If the Lakers want Iggy then send over Bynum.

Korman12
And I have to work during the draft. God. Dammit.

drobe86
Lakers think they can screw everyone out of a deal lol... Lamar Odom for the number 2 pick is laughable at best. Hell why not try and trade Artest and Shannon Brown for Chris Paul lol... Like a poster said in another thread. If these crappy deals go down for the Lakers the NBA is rigged lol..

CountSackula
06-22-2011, 10:32 PM
I love the night before the draft :)

Agree! It almost feels like X-Mas Eve.

Hawkeye15
Do the salaries match?

There is a few million dollar difference, so the Wolves may have to throw in a filler, or future 2nd rounders for example, or even cash considerations

bholly

Don't think the salaries work, but I do that in a split second.

Edit: oops. posted without refreshing the thread for updates first. salaries already mentioned.

CountSackula
06-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Lakers think they can screw everyone out of a deal lol... Lamar Odom for the number 2 pick is laughable at best. Hell why not try and trade Artest and Shannon Brown for Chris Paul lol... Like a poster said in another thread. If these crappy deals go down for the Lakers the NBA is rigged lol..

That would never work....Brown opted out. :eyebrow:

pd7631
06-22-2011, 10:35 PM
There is a few million dollar difference, so the Wolves may have to throw in a filler, or future 2nd rounders for example, or even cash considerations

Couldn't the T'Wolves just throw Eddy Curry in the deal to make the salaries work, and then his contract would come off the Sixers books on July 1st?

Giraffes Rule
06-22-2011, 10:36 PM
:facepalm:

Oh I'm sorry, Ron Artest is a completely sane individual who any team would love to have right now at his current age and contract. :rolleyes:

shep33
06-22-2011, 10:37 PM

See Iggy for Odom isn't just about a two player swap though, Philly gets rid of Iggy's big contract, whiuch has like $44 mil left on there. Odom starting is pretty good though, the guy can easily get teams 17 and 10 when starting.

As a Laker fan, I wouldn't do this trade, Iggy is overrated. He can't score, and he can't shoot. He's 27 which is nice, but I don't give up Odom's more friendly contract for a guy who shoots a low percentage from the field, and really doesn't score well at all.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 10:38 PM

Two of the more logical fan bases however. Neither one of us really tend to overrate our players in the way some others may.

JDink24
06-22-2011, 10:42 PM

It makes to much sense.

Iggy is exactly what the Wolves need from what I hear, especially with Rubio coming over. Those two are going to be fun to watch if this deal happens. On top of that you get his shutdown D and locker room presence.

The Sixers continue their youth movement and shed salary.

Please happen!!!!!!!!!!

bholly
06-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Couldn't the T'Wolves just throw Eddy Curry in the deal to make the salaries work, and then his contract would come off the Sixers books on July 1st?

Nope. After the trade deadline you can't trade guys who are expiring or could possibly expire because of an option.

MVPKOBE43
06-22-2011, 10:45 PM

lmbo. Exactly!!

shep33
06-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I don't like the Iggy to the Wolves deal, just cause Iggy is a 2 guard right? Wesley Johnson will be a stud, and he needs minutes to grow.

pd7631
06-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I don't like the Iggy to the Wolves deal, just cause Iggy is a 2 guard right? Wesley Johnson will be a stud, and he needs minutes to grow.

Iggy is more of a SF

bholly
06-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Hawkeye,

What are the other deals Minny are realistically looking at? Is this clearly better than any of them, or do a few of you just have an Iggy thing? There's a sentiment among some Sixer fans that we're dreaming in this sort of trade, because Minny are looking at Bynum types and offering Flynn for Iggy instead. Do you really think an Iggy for #2 based deal is a possibility?

BigCityofDreams
06-22-2011, 10:49 PM
Agree! It almost feels like X-Mas Eve.

Exactly so much mystery and unknown. Will this team trade up, will this vet be shipped to a bad team, what star player will be traded to a team with a b star, etc. Now most of the rumored stuff might not happen but damn it's exciting.

shep33
06-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Iggy is more of a SF

Yeah but they already have Beasley there right? I know people are harsh on Beasley, but the guy is 22 years old... he should be a college Sr. right now.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah but they already have Beasley there right? I know people are harsh on Beasley, but the guy is 22 years old... he should be a college Sr. right now.

If they want to grow they need to improve of the defensive end. With Beasley starting that will not happen. At least not until he gets his frame of mind together. Even so they'd badly need a shot of veteran leadership in that rotation.

KnicksR4Real
06-22-2011, 11:05 PM
i dont see ai and kobe fitting togetther

shep33
06-22-2011, 11:05 PM
If they want to grow they need to improve of the defensive end. With Beasley starting that will not happen. At least not until he gets his frame of mind together. Even so they'd badly need a shot of veteran leadership in that rotation.

I get you with the defensive end, but how great of a leader is Iggy? I'm not trying to question his leadership, I just don't know much about him in the lockerroom. Can you give me some insight on his leadership abilities?

Also what I wonder about is whether Iggy is happy playing in Minnesota? I have no idea, again anybody with some insight on that?

I mean if they trade for Iggy that means Beasley is gone for sure then right?

shep33
06-22-2011, 11:08 PM
i dont see ai and kobe fitting togetther

I'm a Laker fan and I don't want to see this trade go down. We become way too unbalanced. Iggy can't score or shoot, and we need those two aspects desperately off the perimeter. Lol we've rode Kobe for 15 years when it comes to scoring off the perimeter. He's had guys like Fisher, Smush, Kareem Rush, Shannon Brown, and Chucky Atkins in the backcourt with him. No offense to those guys, but they are below average guards in this league.

But Kobe and Iggy are very good friends supposedly, they even have the same agent.

djmc72
so am I crazy for thinking that if we had Odom and Artest against the Heat we win that series?

RowanJournalist
Rick Bucher: Odom and Walton for Iggy.

I say: NOOOOOOO!!!!

Hawkeye15
06-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Hawkeye,

What are the other deals Minny are realistically looking at? Is this clearly better than any of them, or do a few of you just have an Iggy thing? There's a sentiment among some Sixer fans that we're dreaming in this sort of trade, because Minny are looking at Bynum types and offering Flynn for Iggy instead. Do you really think an Iggy for #2 based deal is a possibility?

After reading all the rumors this last 2 weeks, its obvious the Wolves are looking for an upgrade at center, but if nothing equal comes along, they will either pick Williams, or HOPEFULLY make a deal like this.

I don't know man. I hope the #2 for Iggy happens, in principal (obviously other pieces are involved due to salary). Williams looks like a very efficient scorer, but where does he get time next year for the Wolves? We need an upgrade defensively so bad on the perimeter, and Iggy isn't a slouch offensively. We also have the cap room to absorb without hurting.

CountSackula
06-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Rick Bucher: Odom and Walton for Iggy.

I say: NOOOOOOO!!!!

Rick Bucher: Kobe Bryant will never wear a Laker uniform again.

...4 years later. Kobe Bryant is in a Laker uniform.

Bucher is crap.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 11:11 PM

Bucher is crap.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RowanJournalist
06-22-2011, 11:19 PM
hahaha I hope so. I really don't want Walton.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 11:21 PM
I get you with the defensive end, but how great of a leader is Iggy? I'm not trying to question his leadership, I just don't know much about him in the lockerroom. Can you give me some insight on his leadership abilities?

Also what I wonder about is whether Iggy is happy playing in Minnesota? I have no idea, again anybody with some insight on that?

I mean if they trade for Iggy that means Beasley is gone for sure then right?

I can't speak much as to what Minny's plans would be if they were to get an upgrade at eh SF.

As far as Iggy's leadership ability, I think he's a decent leader but not a captain type. Not the best locker room guy not known to be the worst either. This past season he really bought into Collins' system and thought pattern, the Iggy who sometimes thought himself as being an elite scorer disappeared and a much smarter decision maker came forth. IMO he's not going to be THE Leader on the Wolves offensive but IMO after working with Collins last season he has a really improved his BBIQ.

CountSackula
06-22-2011, 11:24 PM
hahaha I hope so. I really don't want Walton.

It would be absolutely insane to take on Walton's contract. You gain nothing. I also think that Walton has a 15% trade kicker :laugh2:. So his salary would increase if he ends up in Philly. What a nightmare.

RowanJournalist
06-22-2011, 11:27 PM
We paid Kapono around 6-mil to sit on the bench for the season, so don't take the 76ers lightly, my friend.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2011, 11:28 PM

Bucher is crap.

haha touche. I actually like Bucher, but he has some missed calls

shep33
06-22-2011, 11:32 PM
I can't speak much as to what Minny's plans would be if they were to get an upgrade at eh SF.

As far as Iggy's leadership ability, I think he's a decent leader but not a captain type. Not the best locker room guy not known to be the worst either. This past season he really bought into Collins' system and thought pattern, the Iggy who sometimes thought himself as being an elite scorer disappeared and a much smarter decision maker came forth. IMO he's not going to be THE Leader on the Wolves offensive but IMO after working with Collins last season he has a really improved his BBIQ.

Thanks for the input man, I have to admit I don't get to catch may Sixer games as a Laker fan. I'm against him coming to the Lakers, I'm more interested in Minni's plans. I understand why they wanted Gasol, not only would that sell tickets with the two Spanish "stars", but someone to mentor Rubio along the way. There's just no way LA trades either Bynum or Gasol for Derrick Williams, a tweener 3-4.

It's good for philly to trade him though, that 44 mill is a lot of money owed to him.

CountSackula
06-22-2011, 11:39 PM

As a Laker fan, he scarred me for almost a whole summer when he made those statements about Kobe Bryant. It pretty much hurt worse than getting dumped! For that I shall never forgive him. :no:

We paid Kapono around 6-mil to sit on the bench for the season, so don't take the 76ers lightly, my friend.

Maybe they will start him in Iggy's place!

BigCityofDreams
06-22-2011, 11:44 PM

He has to give himself some leeway because anything can happen.

RowanJournalist
06-22-2011, 11:45 PM
As a Laker fan, he scarred me for almost a whole summer when he made those statements about Kobe Bryant. It pretty much hurt worse than getting dumped! For that I shall never forgive him. :no:

Maybe they will start him in Iggy's place!

I think that was the last year of his deal. :pray:

smith&wesson
06-23-2011, 12:00 AM
iggy needs the ball in his hands to be effective. i dont know how much that would conflict with kobes play.

RowanJournalist
06-23-2011, 12:09 AM
iggy needs the ball in his hands to be effective. i dont know how much that would conflict with kobes play.

It would help Kobe because when Andre isn't taking bad shots, he's passing the ball effectively.

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 12:11 AM

Actually this couldn't be more wrong.

Of all the players to average 6 or more assists last season Iguodala has one of the lowest USG% of the lot.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=usg_pct&c1comp=lt&c1val=20&c2stat=ast_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=6&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Of all the swingmen in the NBA he was willing to facilitate more than anyone else.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/blog/?p=8847

This would lead one to believe that he and Kobe would have no problem playing alongside eachother. It can be argued that from the standpoint in which you mentioned Iggy would be the ideal swingman to play alongside Kobe.

RowanJournalist
06-23-2011, 12:20 AM

Of all the players to average 6 or more assists last season Iguodala has one of the lowest USG% of the lot.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=2011&year_max=2011&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos=&qual=&c1stat=usg_pct&c1comp=lt&c1val=20&c2stat=ast_per_g&c2comp=gt&c2val=6&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=gt&c6mult=1.0&c6stat=&order_by=ws

Of all the swingmen in the NBA he was willing to facilitate more than anyone else.

This would lead one to believe that he and Kobe would have no problem playing alongside eachother. It can be argued that from the standpoint in which you mentioned Iggy would be the ideal swingman to play alongside Kobe.

Good stuff, Dei Lynam.

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Would love to see this trade go through.

Love the potential in a line-up of

PG: Jrue Holiday 20/ Lou Williams 24
SG: Evan Turner 22/ Jodie Meeks 23
SF: Derrick Williams 20/ Craig Brackins 23
PF: Elton Brand 32/ Thaddeus Young 22
C: Bismack Biyombo 18-22? lol/ Spencer Hawes 22

Plenty of room to grow. But that's a dream scenario.

shep33
06-23-2011, 12:30 AM
Would love to see this trade go through.

Love the potential in a line-up of

PG: Jrue Holiday 20/ Lou Williams 24
SG: Evan Turner 22/ Jodie Meeks 23
SF: Derrick Williams 20/ Craig Brackins 23
PF: Elton Brand 32/ Thaddeus Young 22
C: Bismack Biyombo 18-22? lol/ Spencer Hawes 22

Plenty of room to grow. But that's a dream scenario.

Biyombo is only 6'9 isn't he? No way he can play center.

SirDJ
06-23-2011, 12:35 AM

7'7 wingspan

RowanJournalist
06-23-2011, 12:37 AM
Biyombo or Faried.

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 12:40 AM
Good stuff, Dei Lynam.

Now I don't live in Philly so excuse me for not knowing who she was before. I googled her and loled. :laugh:

SeoulBeatz
06-23-2011, 12:42 AM

People see him as a Ben Wallace type because of his strength and ability to hold his own in the post despite his height.

That wingspan is ridiculous and compensates. After all, you don't play basketball with the top of your head. The dude has arms down to his knees.

shep33
06-23-2011, 12:50 AM
People see him as a Ben Wallace type because of his strength and ability to hold his own in the post despite his height.

That wingspan is ridiculous and compensates. After all, you don't play basketball with the top of your head. The dude has arms down to his knees.

Damn, that right there is crazy. I just read that he has a 9'3 reach.

I wonder how ready he is though, he's 18 right? I still think he would need 2 years to develop right? Or is he ready now? Honestly, I don't know much about him, just read stuff on his reach.

RowanJournalist
06-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Now I don't live in Philly so excuse me for not knowing who she was before. I googled her and loled. :laugh:

haha it definitely wasn't an insult.

hendrix021
06-23-2011, 01:01 AM
i hate how the lakers think the got players worth so much.

I would not give up iggy for odom.
They tried to get Love and the 2nd pick for gasol. I wouldnt do that for the wolves either.

Gasol contract is Horrible. And lets face it that team anit winning anytime soon. so y not get the young players together. 18 this season, 19 the next 2 seasons

Who else did the lakers try to get for old players like artest and odom.

Face it lakers got 2 players worth anything and Kobe and Bynum anit going anywhere

FuriousJatt
06-23-2011, 01:06 AM
dear basketball gods, make this happen

smith&wesson
06-23-2011, 01:09 AM
It would help Kobe because when Andre isn't taking bad shots, he's passing the ball effectively.

so you want iggy running the plays and kobe playing off the ball ?

what was were kobes "critics" saying about him all season ? he needs to pass the ball more.. you think having a point fwd playing with him isnt going to take the ball out of his hands ? realistically iggy needs to run the plays to get thoughs asists,

im not saying it wont work, im just saying i dont know how it would effect kobes games. maybe its a home run who knows.

nygiants242
06-23-2011, 01:11 AM
This would just be a terrible deal for the 76ers. Another steal trade for the Lakers if this happens a la Pau Gasol a few years ago.

AirJordanXVIII
06-23-2011, 01:12 AM
**** the Sixers management if this goes down.

smith&wesson
06-23-2011, 01:12 AM
i think turner, and jru would benifit from playing with some vets like odem and artest.

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 01:17 AM
so you want iggy running the plays and kobe playing off the ball ?

what was were kobes "critics saying about him all season ? he needs to pass the ball more.. you think having a point fwd playing with him isnt going to take the ball out of his hands ? realistically iggy needs to run the plays to get thoughs asists,

im not saying it wont work, im just saying i dont know how it would effect kobes games. thats all im saying. maybe its a home run who knows.

Iggy is no more a point forward than Pau Gasol or Lamar Odom. He is not a ball dominant player. He is not going to be taking the ball out of Kobe's hand. He'll basically bring the ball up the court when their new PG whoever he may be is not.

Korman12
06-23-2011, 01:20 AM
I was gonna say Iggy would be perfect for the triangle ... but ... yeah, forgot that's gone too.

smith&wesson
06-23-2011, 01:23 AM
Iggy is no more a point forward than Pau Gasol or Lamar Odom. He is not a ball dominant player. He is not going to be taking the ball out of Kobe's hand. He'll basically bring the ball up the court when their new PG whoever he may be is not.

best part about iggy's game is his D any ways. LA would be getting a solid wing defender who is also in his prime.. but i have to disagree with you, offensively he is a point forward. how is he not :confused:

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 01:31 AM
best part about iggy's game is his D any ways. LA would be getting a solid wing defender who is also in his prime.. but i have to disagree with you, offensively he is a point forward. how is he not :confused:

Yes he is. That however does not mean that he will be taking the ball out of other players hands. He is not going to be running PnRs with Pau every play down the floor. I mean look at J.Kidd he is a PG but he doesn't hold the ball for long periods of time during the Mavs offensive possessions. Well its the same with Iguodala. He's not going to be dominating the ball but more so finding his teammates in good positions for them to do something positive with the ball. Key here, Iggy doesn't hold the ball for very long when he does so.

smith&wesson
06-23-2011, 01:38 AM
Yes he is. That however does not mean that he will be taking the ball out of other players hands. He is not going to be running PnRs with Pau every play down the floor. I mean look at J.Kidd he is a PG but he doesn't hold the ball for long periods of time during the Mavs offensive possessions. Well its the same with Iguodala. He's not going to be dominating the ball but more so finding his teammates in good positions for them to do something positive with the ball. Key here, Iggy doesn't hold the ball for very long when he does so.

I hear you.. hey i like iggy's game im not knocking him just thought it would be interesting to see him with kobe who is ball dominating.. if this deal went through LA would become more athletic as well with iggy and shannon brown.

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 01:39 AM
I hear you.. hey i like iggy's game im not knocking him just thought it would be interesting to see him with kobe who is ball dominating.. if this deal went through LA would become more athletic as well with iggy and shannon brown.

I fully understand your POV.

Kleonidas
06-23-2011, 01:41 AM
I was gonna say Iggy would be perfect for the triangle ... but ... yeah, forgot that's gone too.Good point..AI will be traded tonight I bet but not to LA.

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 01:46 AM
As a Sixers fan I really don't wanna see Iggy go but if he has to I surely wouldn't mind him in LAC (just not for Kaman maybe DJ :D) or Minny, not because of what they would give us but those are two younger up and coming teams who can use a player like him to aide their growth. I only hope for the best for those 2 franchises.

Korman12
06-23-2011, 01:56 AM
Good point..AI will be traded tonight I bet but not to LA.

Best hope for Philly fans is the Minny rumor.

hans dolo
06-23-2011, 01:57 AM
as for me, i'm figuring Iggy will still be with us after the draft thursday night. I'm not sure if Stefanski is ready to take Iggy's sack off his chin just yet.

-The Negadelphian

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 01:58 AM
Best hope for Philly fans is the Minny rumor.

:nod: I hope to God they take it.

iggypop123
06-23-2011, 02:02 AM
i think the annoying part will be after so many rumors none of them will materialize. it has helped me pass time, no nba or nfl has been horribly boring

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 02:08 AM
i think the annoying part will be after so many rumors none of them will materialize. it has helped me pass time, no nba or nfl has been horribly boring

Even if the Minny trade does not materialize I just hope we make the right deal and not mess this one up. I hope at the end of this we'd be able to consider ourselves winners.

bringinwood
06-23-2011, 02:17 AM
Even if the Minny trade does not materialize I just hope we make the right deal and not mess this one up. I hope at the end of this we'd be able to consider ourselves winners.

I ,generally, take individual rumors with a grain of salt...

However, when you look at the collection of rumors over a period of time, it generally tells a story as to how a team bargains and what sort of players they are looking to acquire...

Unfortunately, the Sixers are looking at aging, veteran, contract expiring big men who are coming off the books next year...

In conclusion, we aren't going to win this deal when we do trade Iguodala...Not this season anyway...

I don't think the " Iguodala for the 2nd pick in the draft " deal is in the Sixers court... If it was, they would have already taken the deal...

24/7
06-23-2011, 02:40 AM
making room for Dwight Howard. I feel Iggy is as good as gone. If I were a Sixer fan, I would be very happy about being a horrible team next season. You'll gave cap space for a superstar on 2012, and a top pick. The sixers are stuck in mediocrity with Iggy at the helm. How can you not be stoked about a LO deal?

MTar786
06-23-2011, 03:14 AM
if they do this for LA i already see them buying odom out and odom signing back with LA for the MLE. so we get iggy for artest basically lol

sign a pg
trade blake and walton for a bak up sg
and win a title again.

Bruno
06-23-2011, 03:16 AM
I look for this to develop into a three team trade.

dodie53
06-23-2011, 03:38 AM
the lakers need nash
hehe

bholly
06-23-2011, 03:52 AM
if they do this for LA i already see them buying odom out and odom signing back with LA for the MLE. so we get iggy for artest basically lol

sign a pg
trade blake and walton for a bak up sg
and win a title again.

I see pretty much 0% chance of this happening. If the Sixers give up Iggy, it's not going to be to pay LO to walk away.

MTar786
06-23-2011, 04:20 AM
I see pretty much 0% chance of this happening. If the Sixers give up Iggy, it's not going to be to pay LO to walk away.

crap :( ur right. just wishful thinking on my part lol. philly would buy artest out though. but if we have iggy i wouldnt even care to have ron back. I wonder who we'd sign to play pf if we cant get lamar back

broncosfan4eva
06-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Get jrue holliday also please. :)

venom518
06-23-2011, 06:32 AM
[QUOTE=hendrix021;18335185] i hate how the lakers think the got players worth so much.

I would not give up iggy for odom.
They tried to get Love and the 2nd pick for gasol. I wouldnt do that for the wolves either.

Gasol contract is Horrible. And lets face it that team anit winning anytime soon. so y not get the young players together. 18 this season, 19 the next 2 seasons

Who else did the lakers try to get for old players like artest and odom.

Face it lakers got 2 players worth anything and Kobe and Bynum anit going anywhere[/QUO

:facepalm: LMAO! I love these Laker haters. I hope your 76er fan, cause I guarantee you that the Lakers will win about 2 before Philly even gets to play in a championship game. People actually want to play for the Lakers. Nobody wants to go to Philly. That's why it's been so hard to get rid of Iggy. You claim that Gasol has a horrible contract, but that's not scaring any teams off in asking for him in a deal.

Raidaz4Life
06-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Iggy could end up being Kobe's "Pippen".

That being said I do not see this deal going down.

Lim
06-23-2011, 08:12 AM
how mad would khloe be that she has to move to philly?

lakersrock
06-23-2011, 09:13 AM

Actually, it is possible. They're trading for him because he's an expiring. If LA threw in cash, they could use that for a buy out and then LA just sign him for the MLE.

In reality, the Lakers are the only team that seems plausible for.

Swashcuff
06-23-2011, 09:18 AM
Actually, it is possible. They're trading for him because he's an expiring. If LA threw in cash, they could use that for a buy out and then LA just sign him for the MLE.

In reality, the Lakers are the only team that seems plausible for.

Odom is not an expiring he has a team option for 2012/2013.

Also has LA's trading history lead you to believe that they're going to rape everyone they make a trade with? Smh. That is NEVER going to happen.

S-Dot
06-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Iggy could end up being Kobe's "Pippen".

That being said I do not see this deal going down.

This would be the case if Kobe was still 28 years old; however, I agree that if the Wolves rumors or maybe even the Kaman rumors are true, those will be better options for the sixers right now.

sixer04fan
06-23-2011, 09:51 AM
I look for this to develop into a three team trade.

Definitely could... Wolves-Lakers have been linked together for a while, the Sixers may be able to bridge the gap here somehow. I could definitely see a three team swap between LA, Minny, and Philly. We'll see. God I love draft day, so many rumors, it's like a fantasy league.

Ragan
06-23-2011, 09:52 AM
This would be the case if Kobe was still 28 years old; however, I agree that if the Wolves rumors or maybe even the Kaman rumors are true, those will be better options for the sixers right now.

The #2 pick is better, but nobody wants Kaman unless Minnesota's 2012 pick is involved as well.

Iguodala would be a great fit in LA. A better fit with the Clippers, but still a great fit with the Lakers.

StuckeyFan313
06-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Not that it was likely but if this trade goes through this would end any chance of LA getting Dwight in a SnT IMO.

S-Dot
06-23-2011, 09:58 AM
The #2 pick is better, but nobody wants Kaman unless Minnesota's 2012 pick is involved as well. Iguodala would be a great fit in LA. A better fit with the Clippers, but still a great fit with the Lakers.

I wouldn't trade that pick if I were the clips. But I figured since Kaman was an unrestricted free agent in 2012 and he still can produce better numbers than most centers today, he would be a good fit.

lakersrock
06-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Odom is not an expiring he has a team option for 2012/2013.

Also has LA's trading history lead you to believe that they're going to rape everyone they make a trade with? Smh. That is NEVER going to happen.

So that makes this year the only year on his contract guaranteed....or expiring.

ChitownSports16
06-23-2011, 10:39 AM
dont see why Philly would do this...

DzJackson10
06-23-2011, 10:47 AM
i pray to god that they send him to minny

Bajecco
06-23-2011, 11:06 AM

PG-Jrue Holiday
SG-Evan Turner
SF-Derrick Williams
PF-Elton Brand
C-Bismack Biyombo

Wow

What an awful lineup for 2011. If they go into 2011 with that the 76ers aren't winning more than 25 games. E.T. stinks. You are playing Williams out of position and Biyombo is completely useless on offense. 3 years from now this lineup may be great (minus Brand) if Turner learns how to shoot by then.

nygiants242
06-23-2011, 11:09 AM
What an awful lineup for 2011. If they go into 2011 with that the 76ers aren't winning more than 25 games. E.T. stinks. You are playing Williams out of position and Biyombo is completely useless on offense. 3 years from now this lineup may be great (minus Brand) if Turner learns how to shoot by then.

:laugh:

warfelg
06-23-2011, 11:26 AM
Have you seen any sixers games? That is by far a better starting lineup than what we put out this year. And people talk of it like they forget the Sixers had one of the top benches in the NBA...and most those guys aren't going anywhere.

steelmanron100
06-23-2011, 11:29 AM
dont see why Philly would do this...

I totally agree with you. I don't hate Odom. And on the Lakers I feel he does has some value. But on a still young philly team, with no true leader to keep Odom in line, it does not make sense. Especially considering Odom is entering his 13th season, and doesn't have alot of time left. Then add on the sixers would have to take on Walton, or Artests contract.....Hmm :speechless:

theLgndKllr35
06-23-2011, 11:32 AM

Yeah, we're getting rings with Jodie Meeks and Spencer Hawes.

Gibby23
06-23-2011, 11:33 AM
What is wrong with Iguodala's knee. i keep hearing he has health issues?

maxpower
06-23-2011, 12:27 PM
Personally I think the deal would be great for the Lakers. I've said for years that Iguodala is a poor man's version of Scotty Pippen, and that Pippen's offensive numbers were inflated by the amount of space Jordan created for him. Kobe would do the same for Iguodala, and he'd end up getting better shots or getting more room to create better shots for himself. Iggy could also defend the best offensive threat on the other team and save Kobe the trouble of having to do it, thus giving him more energy to score as he gets older. Keep in mind too, Iggy battled achillies and knee issues all season long last year, which really hurt his speed and hurt his ability to drive the lane and take the ball to the hoop. Assuming he's healthy again, and again, is able to get more space because of Kobe, he could be a much better offensive threat and not have to rely on his jump shot, or lack there of.

Big problem is, the trade makes no sense for the Sixers. Odom MIGHT help them short term, but not enough for them to contend for a Championship, so what's the point. It is still better for the Sixers to build for the future, not to improve for 1 season only.

Casino
06-23-2011, 12:44 PM
The Minnesota rumor would be ideal for the Sixers. That lineup would be deadly in the next 2-3 years.

MagicBucsSox
06-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Orlando is back in on Iggy if that batum/miller Nelson/Anderson etc deal comes through. Andre millers contracted is unguaranteed if voided by jun29.

pd7631
06-23-2011, 01:29 PM
What is wrong with Iguodala's knee. i keep hearing he has health issues?

See: Chase Utley