PDA

View Full Version : Changes coming

bomber0104
06-22-2011, 06:07 PM
•Blue Jays manager John Farrell told Shi Davidi of Sportsnet.ca that the Blue Jays will consider possible changes before opening their series against the Cardinals (Twitter link). “We need a spark, that’s clear,” Farrell said. “How we look to do that we’ll examine in this room first.” The Braves just swept the 36-39 Jays out of Atlanta.

About time... good to see we aren't the only ones fed up with this BS

what do you guys think is gonna happen?

I think either Thames or Loewen are gonna get called up. Not sure who leaves. I also hope that Murphy is fired... a man can dream

henderson56
06-22-2011, 06:10 PM
It will bee something stupid like just moving people in the line up. I can see my self getting dissapointed

bomber0104
06-22-2011, 06:13 PM
Personally... I would call up Thames and Loewen/Cooper and let EE and Nix go. I would alternate Mccoy and Mac at 3B and call it a day

Thats what the lineup should look like

SS - Escobar
CF - Patterson
RF - Bautista
1B - Lind
2B - Hill
C - JPA
LF - Thames
DH - Cooper/Loewen or Rivera
3B - Mac/Mccoy

bomber0104
06-22-2011, 06:15 PM
Even better... move Bautista to 3B for the time being and put your best lineup out there

SS - Yunel
CF - Patterson
3B - Jose
1B - Lind
2B - Hill
C - JPA
LF - Thames
DH - Cooper/Rivera
RF - Loewen

at least we'd have the chance to see some young players in the lineup over guys like nix/Davis/EE

ThunderZubb
06-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Finally something is going to happen and hopefully these changes by getting rid of EE and Jason Nix. So bomber did u call farell and got in touch with him. Did u express your views of this team and demanded changes lol. Good job bomber lol we knew u were useful for something. What are the changes bomber lol we know u got the inside info what is going on with this team. Lol we know secretly that your AA assistant in disguise.

BlueJayFanDan
06-22-2011, 07:00 PM
As long as we make good changes I'm happy. We need to make a few moves. Lawrie should be healthy by next week so he will be here soon. I could see Loewen and Thames both being called up but likely only one could get the call.

jackstar
06-22-2011, 07:13 PM
I think that since loewen has been playing centre lately that he will be the one called up

Bombtista
06-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Even better... move Bautista to 3B for the time being and put your best lineup out there

SS - Yunel
CF - Patterson
3B - Jose
1B - Lind
2B - Hill
C - JPA
LF - Thames
DH - Cooper/Rivera
RF - Loewen

at least we'd have the chance to see some young players in the lineup over guys like nix/Davis/EE

I agree that bautista should tough it out and play third base for a few weeks untill Lawrie is ready for the call up. Nix is a joke and thats a guy chosen over EE who is a bigger joke.

Johann
06-22-2011, 08:10 PM
I think 1st, we drop Nix.
Then we call up Loewen.

dtmagnet
06-22-2011, 08:40 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Bautista move to 3rd for a bit so we can add another weapon into the outfield.

Twitchy
06-22-2011, 08:47 PM
If it were up to me, and it's not...

SS Escobar
DH Thames
RF Bautista
1B Lind
C Arencibia
LF Snider
3B Encarnacion (hey, he's still better than Nix/McCoy/Mac...)
CF Patterson (I'm cringing at the thought of him defensively though)
2B Hill

Bench: Davis, McDonald, Molina, Rivera

Patterson and his sub 300 OBP shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the lineup. Snider hits 6th because I'm under the assumption they call him up with his swing improved. Got nothing to lose with Encarnacion at third, and if we're playing Patterson in CF we're already kind of punting defense.

the_jon
06-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Eric Thames

HT9Canada
06-22-2011, 09:23 PM
SS Escobar
LF Thames
3B Bautista
1B Lind
C Arencibia
2B Hill
RF Snider
DH Cooper/Rivera
CF Loewen

Mac, Davis, Rivera, Molina

Then when Lawries ready you bring him up and send down whoever struggles most between Thames, Snider and Loewen. Unless we find a trade for Rivera or Patterson.

craigerlee
06-22-2011, 09:56 PM
I'd call Thames up, cut loose EE. I don't know why there's so much love for bringing up Loewan, he's like 5th in the PCL in K's, I have a feeling that won't translate very well in the majors. I'd go with this till Lawrie and Snider are healthy:

1. Escobar SS
2. Bautista RF
3. Lind 1B
4. Hill 2B
5. Thames LF
6. Arencibia C
7. Rivera DH
8. Mcdonald 3B (IMO Nix bat is worst then Mcdonalds, might as well get good D here)
9. Patterson CF

When Snider and Lawrie are up:

1. Escobar SS
2. Bautista RF
3. Lind 1B
4. Hill 2B
5. Snider LF
6. Lawrie 3B
7. Thames DH
8. Arencibia C
9. Patterson CF

I know it looks pretty radical with Bautista and Lind shifting up to the 2 and 3 and Hill hitting 4th, but I really want to see Bautista hitting right after Escobar again, I thought it worked well at the beginning of the year. I really feel Hill is starting to show something at the plate, and maybe getting a shot at hitting in the meat of the order could further help his cause. I really like Patterson in the 9 hole, cause I think him and Escobar would be a perfect pair to hit and run with.

B2theRY
06-22-2011, 10:07 PM
It's simple move a fastball hitter back into the 2 hole. By that I mean Aaron Hill.

I would Also try and move Riveria via trade.
and start shaking things up as they need a closer.

My gut tells me snider will be called up
and someone will be dealt pretty soon.

HT9Canada
06-22-2011, 10:45 PM
It's simple move a fastball hitter back into the 2 hole. By that I mean Aaron Hill.

I would Also try and move Riveria via trade.
and start shaking things up as they need a closer.

My gut tells me snider will be called up
and someone will be dealt pretty soon.

I'd love to put hill back in the #2 hole. i think that could really help hill out. but that would mean put 3 rH's and then lind. i think farrell like a LH in patterson hitting second. thats why Thames or Snider seem to be more realistic

JMac4PM
06-22-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm gonna put my money on Thames coming up and McCoy goin down... and then Patterson goes to CF and Thames goes to LF.

nithanyo
06-22-2011, 11:17 PM
Thames up. Nix released.

in a few weeks.

Lawerie up. Rivera released

2009mvp
06-23-2011, 12:26 AM
If it were up to me, and it's not...

SS Escobar
DH Thames
RF Bautista
1B Lind
C Arencibia
LF Snider
3B Encarnacion (hey, he's still better than Nix/McCoy/Mac...)
CF Patterson (I'm cringing at the thought of him defensively though)
2B Hill

Bench: Davis, McDonald, Molina, Rivera

Patterson and his sub 300 OBP shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the lineup. Snider hits 6th because I'm under the assumption they call him up with his swing improved. Got nothing to lose with Encarnacion at third, and if we're playing Patterson in CF we're already kind of punting defense.

Yes please. Patterson is being Patterson, a decent enough 4th OF who has no business hitting second. Thames needs to be up and unless you're actually going to bring in a solid defensive 3B (hint: Nix ain't that) E5 is still your best bet.

bomber0104
06-23-2011, 12:38 AM
Thames up. Nix released.

in a few weeks.

Its a toss up between EE and Rivera for me.. none of them have defensive value and I think EE will be the better hitter as a DH from now till the end of the season..

Ideally both of them are gone and one of the young guys takes over the DH role

nithanyo
06-23-2011, 12:40 AM
What i want after the all-star break

SS Escobar
LF Thames
RF Bautista
1B Lind
3B Lawrie
2B Hill
C Arencibia
DH Cooper/EE
CF Davis

I like Davis at the bottom of the lineup. Hes a good guy to have bat in front of Escobar but not lead off a game. Kinda like brett gardener or Orlando hudson near the end of his tenure in Toronto.

I like Thames as a left handed power hitter in front of Bautista. Thames will see alot more fastballs. Firstly cus a speedster like Escobar is in front of him. Secondly cus Bautista is behind him

The_Jet11
06-23-2011, 12:42 AM
I'd like to see Thames too. And Bautista at 3B for a few weeks would be fine.
Peace Nix..

GrantHustle
06-23-2011, 03:16 AM
Sounds like the big change is putting E5 back to 3rd hahaha http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110622&content_id=20853504&notebook_id=20862852&vkey=notebook_tor&c_id=tor

ILDD
06-23-2011, 07:35 AM
Remember guys, this is a rebuilding season the goals aren't getting to 85 wins in 2011, it's about getting to 90 wins in 2012.

Any changes should be made to help us get to 90 wins in 2012 and only that. Sure, I'd love to do well this season but I'd rather build for 2012 and 2013.

AA is buiding towards 2012 and 2013, Farrell is trying to improve this year because it's his first manager position and he wants to succeed quickly.

Farrell will only be able to shuffle things around to improve this year that will not negatively impact on next year. I can see McCoy playing 3B and moving up the line-up. Maybe someone like Loewen could get called up but he won't be ale to do things that will impact on 2012 to improve in 2011.

AA buys into the 90 wins in 2012 so any changes made must help this. Snider will come up when his concussion issues have gone and his revised swing mechanics have become habit, not before. Lawrie will come up when he's back in Vegas and swinging well again. Thames will come up when he can get regular playing time, currently that means at DH so not for another 4 days at least and he will take Nix's place.

Don't get your hopes up for big changes, at least not for a few weeks when Snider & Lawrie may be ready.

town123
06-23-2011, 08:24 AM
After the break...

SS Escobar
DH Cooper
RF Jose
1B Lind (Rivera)
3B Lawrie
C Arencibia
LF Snider (Thames)
2B Hill
CF Loewen (Davis)

I think Loewen has the best arm to play CF. The kid strikes out a bunch, and may fllop at this level, but he hits the gaps with power and deserves a shot.

Cooper before Jose makes sense to me as he takes the walks and hits for contact after Esco.

Billyen
06-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Thames up. Nix released.

in a few weeks.

Release them all...release them all.

North Yorker
06-23-2011, 09:07 AM
I just can't wait to see a lineup of

Escobar-SS
Thames-DH
Bautista-RF
Lind-1B
Lawrie-3B
Snider-LF
Arencibia-C
Hill-2B
Rajai/Patterson-CF

Now that just oozes potential, and yes the young guys will go through the growing pains but they can't be worse than what we're trotting out there now.

darth helmet
06-23-2011, 10:04 AM
I'd be ok with sitting Rajai but oh man the thought of putting Patterson in CF just doesn't sit well with me. Can Thames play there at all?

fatkev78
06-23-2011, 02:10 PM
Looking forward to a lineup similar to this:

SS Escobar
DH Thames
RF Bautista
1B Lind
C Arencibia
LF Snider
2B Hill
3B Lawrie
CF Davis/Patterson

bartron_44
06-23-2011, 02:21 PM
I wonder if we could play Bautista in CF? He has decent speed, gets good reads, and a great arm. If we moved him over to CF, we could call up Loewen and play him in RF, call up Snider when he gets healthy again and play him in LF, and have an entirely new looking lineup (without trading away the farm):

SS-Escobar
LF-Snider
CF-Bautista
1B-Lind
3B-Lawrie
DH-Thames
2B-Hill
RF-Loewen
C-JPA

We would have Davis as our 4th outfielder and pinch runner late in close games...Screw Patterson and his .295 OBP with no power and noodle arm....let the kids play!!!

I hear Loewen has also been playing some CF lately....He has decent speed, long legs to cover ground, and a good arm.......interesting. Maybe we wouldn't even have to move Bautista to CF to get the lineup I want :)

Steely McBeam
06-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Adam Loewen is a very interesting call up. Hopefully we can catch lightning in a bottle with a call up

B2theRY
06-23-2011, 02:27 PM
I would make some trades!

I think Raji Davis should be playing every day.
I like patterson but in the end the Jays need to ask themselves..

are they dont with Snider?
is Patterson/davis part of the future?

I would bring snider up bat him 2nd and keep him there all season long.. im still a fan of snider they got to stop benching him, bringing him up and down.

GrantHustle
06-23-2011, 02:29 PM
i know every one is bashing Nix....Rivera ....and E5 rightfully so but come on Aaron Hill should be on that list he's having another bad year again .239 avg.... . 283 obp is just brutal ...the more he's not playing the better the jays would be for it

1hardcore
06-23-2011, 03:08 PM
Aaron hill's really starting to worry me now .....

darius
06-23-2011, 03:19 PM
After the break...

SS Escobar
DH Cooper
RF Jose
1B Lind (Rivera)
3B Lawrie
C Arencibia
LF Snider (Thames)
2B Hill
CF Loewen (Davis)

I think Loewen has the best arm to play CF. The kid strikes out a bunch, and may fllop at this level, but he hits the gaps with power and deserves a shot.

Cooper before Jose makes sense to me as he takes the walks and hits for contact after Esco.

Read my mind, in terms of who I want in the lineup everyday. Even if they lose, I'd be excited just to watch these young guys give it a whirl, whereas now watching them lose with Nix, E5 and Rivera is just depressing.

Also, I'd like to see Cecil and Drabecky called up to start, and get rid of Dotel and someone else...

And in my dream world, I'd love to see McGowan starting too...

Big Hurt
06-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Adam Loewen is a very interesting call up. Hopefully we can catch lightning in a bottle with a call up

Apparently if Lowen is called up he would be out of options and could not be sent back down. Need to be sure he would be here to stay if that is the case.
I have no problem with that and I think he would make a fine starting candidate against RH pitching. And hell, we could release McCoy as we would have a NEW emergency pitcher on the roster.
Plain as day this team needs a spark.
I say a BIG no to Jose at 3rd. DO NOT MESS WITH THE DUDE, especially when Lawrie is less than 2 weeks away.
Jays need to decide if they like Patterson (YUCK) or Davis long term and cut ties with the other.
Why not give his PT to Loewen or Thames right now??
Rivera will not be back in 2012 so why not say bye-bye to him?
What I would do:
Waive/reassign Rivera immediately
call up Loewen now
Waive/reassign Patterson immediately
call up Thames now
Reassign/cut Nix when Lawrie is ready (10 days)
Batting order after the All Star Break

Escobar
Thames
Bautista
Lind
Loewen/Edwin-Platoon DH
Hill
JPA
Lawrie
Davis

Not great but for sure better than what we have going now.
Potential to platoon Davis and Loewen in CF and make Edwin full time DH.

fatkev78
06-23-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't see Loewen getting called up b4 Sept.
As for getting rid of Dotel....why? He's done his job & he's a type B. We've seen the past couple years the type of specs you can get with a sup 1st rd pick.

craigerlee
06-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Apparently if Lowen is called up he would be out of options and could not be sent back down. Need to be sure he would be here to stay if that is the case.
I have no problem with that and I think he would make a fine starting candidate against RH pitching. And hell, we could release McCoy as we would have a NEW emergency pitcher on the roster.
Plain as day this team needs a spark.
I say a BIG no to Jose at 3rd. DO NOT MESS WITH THE DUDE, especially when Lawrie is less than 2 weeks away.
Jays need to decide if they like Patterson (YUCK) or Davis long term and cut ties with the other.
Why not give his PT to Loewen or Thames right now??
Rivera will not be back in 2012 so why not say bye-bye to him?
What I would do:
Waive/reassign Rivera immediately
call up Loewen now
Waive/reassign Patterson immediately
call up Thames now
Reassign/cut Nix when Lawrie is ready (10 days)
Batting order after the All Star Break

Escobar
Thames
Bautista
Lind
Loewen/Edwin-Platoon DH
Hill
JPA
Lawrie
Davis

Not great but for sure better than what we have going now.
Potential to platoon Davis and Loewen in CF and make Edwin full time DH.

I said this earlier, Loewan is 5th in the PCL in K's, he has 74 strike outs already, that's not gonna translate well in the majors. Why waive Patterson? I agree he's got no future with this team and shouldn't be a starting LF, but he's definitely worthy of the 4th OF spot and it maybe better to play him in CF instead of Davis. We definitely need to call up Thames though, and hopefully Sniders back soon. With Thames and Snider, there's really no room for Loewan at this point on the team.

King Rick
06-23-2011, 05:41 PM
There you go guys. Thames up... McCoy sent back down

bomber0104
06-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Thames back up.. thats one move..

I still want to see Loewen or cooper instead of nix/ee/Rivera

darth helmet
06-23-2011, 05:56 PM
good move, glad to see Thames back up. McCoy was useless.

bomber0104
06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Jays are apparently planning to play Bautista at 3B... now we should definitely release EE and or Nix and bring up Loewen or Cooper...

bomber0104
06-23-2011, 08:38 PM
Also... Lawrie isn't healing well and is not expected to start playing in the minors till early August...

Super 2 avoided.. I bet Rogers are happy

B2theRY
06-23-2011, 08:41 PM
any word on McGowan?

town123
06-23-2011, 10:42 PM
Jays are apparently planning to play Bautista at 3B... now we should definitely release EE and or Nix and bring up Loewen or Cooper...

link?

I hope they're not moving Jose to 3B.

StayOnBoard
06-23-2011, 10:52 PM
link?

Jose Bautista is taking over at third base temporarily for the Blue Jays.
With third base prospect Brett Lawrie now out until August with a fractured left hand, the Jays are beginning to make different plans. Eric Thames is expected to see playing time all around the outfield with Bautista moving to the hot corner. Thames may see an uptick in value

^

bomber0104
06-23-2011, 10:54 PM
link?

Rotoworld from Shi Davidi

Jose Bautista is taking over at third base temporarily for the Blue Jays.With third base prospect Brett Lawrie now out until August with a fractured left hand, the Jays are beginning to make different plans. Eric Thames is expected to see playing time all around the outfield with Bautista moving to the hot corner. Thames may see an uptick in value.

WHY NOT

IMO that is the best move the Jays can make since it allows us to replace EE or Nix with a better, younger hitter in Thames.. i couldn't be happier

town123
06-23-2011, 10:59 PM
^

Ah crap. Well, I guess they're going with the best option at 3rd (until Lawrie shows) to win. Attendance and all.

If this means opening up the OF for auditions, then besides Thames I hope they give Loewen his shot in CF. AA said he would give him 1000 AB's and the time is up. I know he has high k's, but alot of power guys have high k's.

He's gone at the end of the year if he doesn't get his turn, so we might as well give him a real good look.

StayOnBoard
06-23-2011, 11:04 PM
Ah crap. Well, I guess they're going with the best option at 3rd (until Lawrie shows) to win. Attendance and all.

If this means opening up the OF for auditions, then besides Thames I hope they give Loewen his shot in CF. AA said he would give him 1000 AB's and the time is up. I know he has high k's, but alot of power guys have high k's.

He's gone at the end of the year if he doesn't get his turn, so we might as well give him a real good look.

I agree - we're not making the playoffs, so I don't care if they cut all of E5/Nix, et al, and bring up all the kids to see what they got. I really like Thames, I don't think he's a superstar but he's got serious potential. They should call up Snider soon too (as well as Loewen) and make a few trades, get some value for a guy like Patterson or even perhaps Rivera. E5 isn't trade-able, he's cut bait...

darth helmet
06-24-2011, 09:02 AM
E5 might have some trade value. I was watching a kids t-ball game the other day that looked like they could use someone with his skills.

Big Hurt
06-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Why move our STAR RF to 3rd?
For 2 weeks of improved production from our 3rd baseman?

Why???????

Under no circumstances would I move our RF from RF unless it was in an emergency while in a penant race.
WE ARE NOT IN A PENANT RACE.
If he has a few tough games on defense which is understanding it could put him in a hitting funk.
He could get injured from not being a regular at 3rd.
Risk not worth reward IMO.
Put a stamp on the season and only do moves that look to the future.
Playing JB at 3rd is not a look to the future.