PDA

View Full Version : Best Players drafted by pick #

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 04:50 AM
With the draft coming up I thought I would give my picks for best players all time drafted by pick # here is the list

1. Magic (LAL) Lebron James (CLE/MIA) Shaq (Orl/LAL/Mia/Phx/CLE/Boston)
2. Jason Kidd (Dal/Phx/NJ) second Gary Payton (SEA/Mil/LAL/Bos/Mia)
3. Michael Jordan (CHI/Was) second Penny Hardaway (Orl/PHX/NY)
4. Chris Paul (NO) second Dave Cowens (Bos/Mil)
5. Scottie Pippen (Chi/Hou/Port) Second Kevin Garnett (Min/Bos)
6. Larry Bird (Bos) second ...eh Antoine Walker (Bos/Dal/Atl/Mia/Min)
7. Bernard King (NJ/UT/GS/NY/WAS) second Kevin Johnson (CLE/PHX)
8. Jack Sikma (MIL/SEA) second Ron Harper (CLE/LAC/CHI/LAL)
9. Dirk Nowitzki (DAL) second Tmac (TOR/ORL/HOU/NY/DET)
10. Paul Pierce (BOS) second Eddie Jones (LAL/CHA/MEM/MIA/DAL)
11. Reggie Miller (IND) second Allan Houston (DET/NY)
12. Mookie Blaylock (NJ/ATL/GSW) second Mugsy Bouges (WAS/CHA/GSW/Tor)
13. Kobe Bryant (LAL) second Karl Malone (UTA/LAL)
14. Tim Hardaway (GSW/MIA/DAL/DEN/IND) second Clyde Drexler (POR/HOU)
15. Steve Nash (DAL/PHX)
16. John Stockton (UTH) second Ron Artest (CHI/IND/SAC/HOU/LAL)
17. Shawn Kemp (SEA/CLE/POR/ORL) second Jermaine Oneal (Port/IND/TOR/MIA/BOS)
18. Joe Dumars (DET) second Mark Jackson (NY/LAC/IND/DEN/TOR/UTH/HOU)
19. Nate Archibald (KCK/NYN/BOS/MIL) second Zach Randolph (POR/NYK/LAC/MEM)
20. Larry Nance (PHX/CLE) second Zydrunas Ilgauskus (CLE/MIA)

this took a while so enjoy

bholly
06-22-2011, 05:02 AM
Stockton has to beat Artest at #16, right?

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 05:03 AM
Stockton has to beat Artest at #16, right?

fixed ... thanks

bholly
06-22-2011, 05:05 AM
No problem. Hard to pick many of them, but this is a really solid list.

Lake_Show2416
06-22-2011, 05:06 AM
i would put Magic Johnson or Shaq at 1, both r better then Lebron

i'd side with putting Magic

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 05:07 AM
No problem. Hard to pick many of them, but this is a really solid list.

Yeah I was going to do the whole first round but decided to just do the first 20 picks of the draft all time.. it was time consuming I felt like I was preparing for a exam haha

Kevj77
06-22-2011, 05:11 AM
Not a bad list I'd put Magic Johnson as the best #1 pick. Lebron hasn't accomplished anything yet to be better than Magic.

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 05:15 AM
Not a bad list I'd put Magic Johnson as the best #1 pick. Lebron hasn't accomplished anything yet to be better than Magic.

I really wanted to put Magic #1 but opted for LeBron.. because yet may become soon... who knows

John Walls Era
06-22-2011, 05:27 AM
Eddie Jones was great, but imo Joe Johnson should be 2nd at 10.

SanPitte
06-22-2011, 06:13 AM
at 17,if there's Jermaine O'Neal there should also be josh smith and danny granger... at 9, how about Amar'e???

SanPitte
06-22-2011, 06:17 AM
Dominique Wilkins at 3 instead of Penny...and Julius Erving at 12, even though he never played for the Bucks (who had Abdul-Jabbar and Oscar Robertson)

TRF929
06-22-2011, 06:44 AM
I would take Bron off and replace with Duncan.

If you were told before the draft that Duncan would win 4 Championships but Bron has a lot of potential to win multiple, who would you choose?

Duncan, no doubt. Also helps that he won all with one team

SanPitte
06-22-2011, 06:51 AM
I would take Bron off and replace with Duncan.

If you were told before the draft that Duncan would win 4 Championships but Bron has a lot of potential to win multiple, who would you choose?

Duncan, no doubt. Also helps that he won all with one team
Duncan won with david robinson,sean elliott, manu ginobili, tony parker...this year was the 1st year lebron got that kind of help, and they went to the finals, i say wait and see...

TRF929
06-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Duncan won with david robinson,sean elliott, manu ginobili, tony parker...this year was the 1st year lebron got that kind of help, and they went to the finals, i say wait and see...

Yes, we need to wait. But as of now its Duncan. I don't care who he had, you can say that about anyone. You can use that same arguement if/when Bron wins, having Wade and Bosh; much more help than Duncan has had. And personally I like Wade over Bron just my opinion

Mishmin
06-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Look for Amare to pass Tmac at #9 when it's all said and done. What did Tmac ever really do anyway?

wjmoffatt
06-22-2011, 07:34 AM
One major problem! If the Frozen One is on the list for #1 pick, then the real Superman a.k.a Dwight Howard needs to be on that list.

wjmoffatt
06-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Look for Amare to pass Tmac at #9 when it's all said and done. What did Tmac ever really do anyway?

Amare passed him a while ago!

JordansBulls
06-22-2011, 07:54 AM
With the draft coming up I thought I would give my picks for best players all time drafted by pick # here is the list

15. Steve Nash (DAL/PHX)

Kareem was picked #1 and Garnett is better than Scottie and so is Wade.

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 11:24 AM
Kareem was picked #1 and Garnett is better than Scottie and so is Wade.

Magic and Shaq still better than KAJ.... Scottie top 50 player all time and Wade is not better than Scottie

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Amare passed him a while ago!

Amare did not pass Tmac in any way if you really think about it people were talking about Tmac being better than Kobe at one point (to which I didnt agree with) and T mac had to carry Houston without Yao and the Magic without Grant Hill for a number of years , and this is before the injury problems with T Mac

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 11:30 AM
at 17,if there's Jermaine O'Neal there should also be josh smith and danny granger... at 9, how about Amar'e???

My reason for Jermaine O'Neal at 17 is because he was a top tier player for a number of years... as for Amare his career does not match up with Tmac also he had a better cast of players than T mac

PurpleJesus
06-22-2011, 11:33 AM
hard to squeeze people in at #1, but I think Duncan has to be there somehow

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 11:56 AM

It would be harder to squeeze busts at #1 haha

TRF929
06-22-2011, 12:18 PM

Thank you :clap:

If I was a team owner I'd take Duncan and 4 championships anytime over a hyped, super athletic guy that has potential. Even if Bron wins 3, I'd take Duncan cause 4 is better than 3 lol. Bron doesn't deserve that spot yet

JordansBulls
06-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Magic and Shaq still better than KAJ.... Scottie top 50 player all time and Wade is not better than Scottie

Magic and Shaq were not better than Kareem and Wade is better than Scottie. He actually led a team to the title as the man and led the team in PER, Win Shares and Scoring. And Wade is clearly a top 50 player, maybe even top 25-30 player all time. And Garnett is a top 20 player all time so that automatically puts him over Pippen who is in the 25-30 range.

The Apprentice
06-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Dwade gets no love at #5? SMH......

ILMindState
06-22-2011, 01:02 PM
Good work man, I like that list I'm sure it took a while.

BALLER R
06-22-2011, 01:04 PM
What is your list based on because i dont think accomplishment is part of it

Dash
06-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Great list man, hard to do all that, then you got people complaining.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-22-2011, 01:07 PM

15. Steve Nash (DAL/PHX)

Carmelo is better then Penny

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Magic and Shaq were not better than Kareem and Wade is better than Scottie. He actually led a team to the title as the man and led the team in PER, Win Shares and Scoring. And Wade is clearly a top 50 player, maybe even top 25-30 player all time. And Garnett is a top 20 player all time so that automatically puts him over Pippen who is in the 25-30 range.

Im assuming you are somewhat of a Bulls fan so let me just put this here for you Pippen 6 rings... Garnett and Wade 2 championships... Wade was huge in their championship win but he also had Shaq/ZO/Walker/Payton/Posey/Williams/Kapono) Garnett had (Rondo/Perk/Pierce/Allen) sure Pippen had Rodman and #23 Pippen usually guarded the other teams best player and still put up the numbers that he did sure you can make a argument for Garnett but don't throw Wade in there just yet...and yes Magic is better than Kareem do we forget the finals where Magic had to play C and they won... im not saying KAJ is not good but he does not surpass the players I mentioned

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Great list man, hard to do all that, then you got people complaining.

Thanks man I am still surprised im not getting more hate about Penny Hardaway at #3 and I figured I would get more hate at LBJ on my list...

KnicksR4Real
06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
good list. but as said above, amare will be better

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Carmelo is better then Penny

Carmelo is not better than Penny Hardaway .... yet and that is considering Carmelo decides he wants to play D and be a better Offensive player

Carmelo Anthony
PPG APG RPG TO SPG BPG FT% FG%
24.8 3.1 6.3 2.7 1.1 0.5 .806 .459

Penny Hardaway

15.2 5.0 4.0 2.5 1.6 .4 .774 .458

and this is including his injured plagued years...

JordansBulls
06-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Im assuming you are somewhat of a Bulls fan so let me just put this here for you Pippen 6 rings... Garnett and Wade 2 championships... Wade was huge in their championship win but he also had Shaq/ZO/Walker/Payton/Posey/Williams/Kapono) Garnett had (Rondo/Perk/Pierce/Allen) sure Pippen had Rodman and #23 Pippen usually guarded the other teams best player and still put up the numbers that he did sure you can make a argument for Garnett but don't throw Wade in there just yet...and yes Magic is better than Kareem do we forget the finals where Magic had to play C and they won... im not saying KAJ is not good but he does not surpass the players I mentioned

This is a myth, Pippen did not guard the other teams best player. He guarded SF's with the exception of a few instances.

Wade led a team to a title as the man. Pippen never did that, he was the 2nd guy on championship teams. Garnett led a team to the best record in the league in Minnesota and won MVP. Pippen finished top 5 in MVP twice in his career.

Magic was not better than Kareem. Kareem won MVP that year and it was him that put up 33 and 13 in the finals that year as well. Not to mention that game Kareem was out Wilkes got 37 and 10.

Heediot
06-22-2011, 01:24 PM
#1 Gotta be Wilt Chamberlain

marlinsfan24
06-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Dwyane Wade deserves some love at #5.

StuckeyFan313
06-22-2011, 01:28 PM
No Darko @ 2? smfh :mad:

jk jk

JordansBulls
06-22-2011, 01:28 PM
#1 Gotta be Wilt Chamberlain

He was the 3rd pick the same as MJ.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Carmelo is not better than Penny Hardaway .... yet and that is considering Carmelo decides he wants to play D and be a better Offensive player

Carmelo Anthony
24.8 3.1 6.3 2.7 1.1 0.5 .806 .459

Penny Hardaway

15.2 5.0 4.0 2.5 1.6 .4 .774 .458

and this is including his injured plagued years...

almost 10 PPG less? and 2 assists more? Melo is better then Penny. Penny made an AS game 4 times in his entire career... Melo has already played in 4 in his career is no where near its end.

Melo>Penny

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 01:31 PM
This is a myth, Pippen did not guard the other teams best player. He guarded SF's with the exception of a few instances.

Wade led a team to a title as the man. Pippen never did that, he was the 2nd guy on championship teams. Garnett led a team to the best record in the league in Minnesota and won MVP. Pippen finished top 5 in MVP twice in his career.

Magic was not better than Kareem. Kareem won MVP that year and it was him that put up 33 and 13 in the finals that year as well. Not to mention that game Kareem was out Wilkes got 37 and 10.

Ok your argument for MVP holds some water but not a lot because honestly in 20 years would you believe someone when they say Kobe Bryant and Shaq each only won the MVP award once! as for the debate with Magic and KAJ its hard to say because both positions are huge in basketball but for that team I believe Magic was more important to the Lakers...

back to Wade for a second... he led his team to a championship but against a Dallas Maverick team that is weaker in comparison to the teams that Chicago played in the 90's which includes LAL (Magic/Worthy/Divac/Scott) SEA (Payton/Hawkins/Kemp) Utah (Stockton/Malone/Hornacek) POR (Porter/Drexler/Robinson) PHX (Barkley/Johnson/Marjele)

theheatles
tmac being a scoring champion of the league is better than anything amare has done, and of the current top 20 players in the nba, amare has the most injury concerns(eye, knee, back, abdomen) ...though amare has a good chance to be historically greater than tmac, amare is no sure thing to surpass tmac

Heediot
He was the 3rd pick the same as MJ.

He was first overall 1959 wikipedia.

Heediot
06-22-2011, 01:32 PM
almost 10 PPG less? and 2 assists more? Melo is better then Penny. Penny made an AS game 4 times in his entire career... Melo has already played in 4 in his career is no where near its end.

Melo>Penny

Penny was pretty damn good before injuries. Had HOF potential. Melo is so sick on ofense he just gotta be more efficient.

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 01:33 PM

Melo>Penny

if you want I can actually get his stats for when he was healthy... but decided not to because then again I would have to put Yao at #1 and have T mac as my first choice..

JordansBulls
06-22-2011, 01:34 PM
He was first overall 1959 wikipedia.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_1959.html

Heediot
06-22-2011, 01:35 PM

Kareem is better than Shaq. It's a toss up between him and Magic. If I were to start a team I'd pick the big man first though.

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 01:37 PM
tmac being a scoring champion of the league is better than anything amare has done, and of the current top 20 players in the nba, amare has the most injury concerns(eye, knee, back, abdomen) ...though amare has a good chance to be historically greater than tmac, amare is no sure thing to surpass tmac

and lets not forget T mac did more for his team with less... so even when its said and done im not sure I can put Amare ahead of T MAC

Heediot
06-22-2011, 01:38 PM

I see so he was drafted before the draft nice!

NihonJinDesu
06-22-2011, 01:38 PM

yeah he was a territorial pick... because he wanted to play pro ball before his senior year... imagine if that were actually implemented today!!!! hmmm

NJrockPD
06-22-2011, 01:41 PM
http://www.nba.com/history/draft_top13.html

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-23-2011, 11:43 AM
if you want I can actually get his stats for when he was healthy... but decided not to because then again I would have to put Yao at #1 and have T mac as my first choice..

I'm just comparing career for career. It's only fair.

NihonJinDesu
06-28-2011, 03:33 AM
I'm just comparing career for career. It's only fair.

T Mac still has had the better career

barreleffact
06-28-2011, 03:58 AM
yeah he was a territorial pick... because he wanted to play pro ball before his senior year... imagine if that were actually implemented today!!!! hmmm

it is. the draft "lottery"- where amazing(ly small chances of rose going home to chicago and lebron landing in clev) happens

gaughan333
06-28-2011, 04:04 AM

15. Steve Nash (DAL/PHX)

If this forum had reps, you'd get one from me

barreleffact
06-28-2011, 04:16 AM
lebron shouldnt be anywhere close to number one: KAJ first, Shaq, Magic, Duncan...

broncosfan4eva
06-28-2011, 04:35 AM
Pretty solid list keep it up

210Don
06-28-2011, 04:47 AM
bron over timmy?
:laugh:

negged

NYKalltheway
06-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Lebron over Hakeem? Cool story man...