PDA

View Full Version : Lakers have no interest in trading Gasol or Bynum

knightstemplar
06-22-2011, 04:17 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo/status/83416531295404032

Marc J. Spears
@SpearsNBAYahoo
Lakers have no interest in trading Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum, source said.

ChiSox219
06-22-2011, 04:20 AM
damn straight, too bad they won't be able to move Kobe's contract

nickdymez
Not true... They will trade one or the other...

Supreme LA
Duh :facepalm:

nickdymez

Are you being serious or are you just kiddin?

knightstemplar
06-22-2011, 04:23 AM

yeah they would want to get of rid of there best player :facepalm:

knightstemplar
06-22-2011, 04:25 AM
Not true... They will trade one or the other...

they aint gonna trade either of them, it wont happen, the have gasol and bynum in the post, why trade?

they need a PG and bench not a new center/power forward

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2011, 04:25 AM

:punish

It's going to be hectic this week. I'm not trusting anything until it's set in stone.

ChiSox219
06-22-2011, 04:28 AM
He's played a ridiculous amount of minutes and is declining off his prime. Maybe you think Gasol is soft or "unclutch" but the performance difference between the two is not worth nearly $7 million.

Kobe has a no-trade clause so no way he goes to a small market team looking to sell tickets. No way any contending team makes a play for him. He's untradable and the Lakers will have to live with it, not the worst contract in the NBA but far from the best.

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2011, 04:37 AM
He's played a ridiculous amount of minutes and is declining off his prime. Maybe you think Gasol is soft or "unclutch" but the performance difference between the two is not worth nearly $7 million.

Kobe has a no-trade clause so no way he goes to a small market team looking to sell tickets. No way any contending team makes a play for him. He's untradable and the Lakers will have to live with it, not the worst contract in the NBA but far from the best.

Maybe the worst contract but he brings in Billions for the Biggest franchise in the NBA. Kobe will become Iconic in LA and will sell more then he'll ever coem close to collecting. Business wise , it's a no brainer.

Bruno
06-22-2011, 04:49 AM

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb/14/sports/la-sp-0215-lakers-time-warner-20110215

The marriage of the Lakers and Time Warner Cable is a major blow to Fox Sports West and KCAL-TV, the current rights holders. It is also bad news for Lakers fans who don't subscribe to a pay-TV service, because no games will be available for free on over-the-air television once the Time Warner Cable deal takes effect. About 620,000 homes do not have a subscription to a pay-TV provider.

There had been rumblings that the Lakers were looking to start their own channel or find a new partner when Time Warner Cable came calling soon after the exclusive negotiating window Fox Sports had with the Lakers expired at the end of last year.

"The courtship happened quickly," said Tim Harris, senior vice president and chief marketing officer for the Lakers, who acknowledged the team did consider going solo on its own network.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Under its deal with Fox Sports West, the Lakers were getting about $30 million a year in rights fees, people familiar with the situation said. Some industry observers pegged the new 20-year pact at a value of $3 billion, although Time Warner Cable dismissed that figure.

In a statement, Fox Sports said it had made the Lakers an offer that "would have paid them one of the highest local TV rights fees in professional sports. We did not believe that going higher was in the best interest of our business or pay-TV customers in Los Angeles, who will bear the cost of this deal for years to come."

As long as the new CBA doesn't implement a hard-cap it won't matter. Lakers now more than ever have the luxury to go into the luxury.

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 04:54 AM

So let me get this strait... A man that was finals MVP 2 outta the last 3 years, all star MVP, lead his team to 2nd best record in the west the past year, while maintaining pretty much his career numbers with less minutes all while playing injured has one of the worst contracts in the league? Ok then... :clap:

Jewelz0376
06-22-2011, 05:00 AM
Part of me doesn't want to trade Pau, but at the same time they need to get a pg and add some type of bench depth...and I'd much rather have Odom start alongside Bynum than Pau...and even more so if the Lakers are able to trade Bynum for D12...than I'd def rather have LO than Pau

ChiSox219
06-22-2011, 05:12 AM
So let me get this strait... A man that was finals MVP 2 outta the last 3 years, all star MVP, lead his team to 2nd best record in the west the past year, while maintaining pretty much his career numbers with less minutes all while playing injured has one of the worst contracts in the league? Ok then... :clap:

Was, keyword

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb/14/sports/la-sp-0215-lakers-time-warner-20110215

As long as the new CBA doesn't implement a hard-cap it won't matter. Lakers now more than ever have the luxury to go into the luxury.

All the talk about the latest CBA is hard cap + limited exception money which the Lakers are likely to meet and even more likely to exceed.

Maybe you and the Lakers organization care about the money coming in. I am strictly talking about an approach that maximizes value in order to win under the salary cap structure.

35 year old Kobe making $30 million is trouble, just the same if the Bulls were paying Rose $30m.

Bruno
06-22-2011, 05:32 AM
All the talk about the latest CBA is hard cap + limited exception money which the Lakers are likely to meet and even more likely to exceed.

Maybe you and the Lakers organization care about the money coming in. I am strictly talking about an approach that maximizes value in order to win under the salary cap structure.

35 year old Kobe making $30 million is trouble, just the same if the Bulls were paying Rose $30m.

We'll see what happens.

If there is no hard cap- money coming in would would make up for the size of his contract. They'll spend the money if allowed.

Lim
06-22-2011, 08:12 AM
they shouldnt trade either, get younger by trading fisher and artest and upgrade your bench. easier said than done though

wjmoffatt
06-22-2011, 08:54 AM
They're going to trade one of them, if not both. Have to say that because if not you wouldn't get the best value out of the pic if you told the world you wanted to move them. Basic knowledge.

wjmoffatt
06-22-2011, 08:58 AM
they shouldnt trade either, get younger by trading fisher and artest and upgrade your bench. easier said than done though

No one would trade for Fisher or Artest. And if they did the only teams that would the Lakers would never trade them too, because only players in need of old vets are title contenders, why would LA give away players to better their competition.

WSU Tony
06-22-2011, 09:08 AM
Every GM says this when "their guys" are in question. This way, if no trade is made, they have remained loyal to them.

Seriously, this means absolutely nothing, every GM says it.

I don't get why you guys can look so far into what Gm's say and take it as balck and white.

tjlipford
06-22-2011, 09:37 AM
KOBE is not getting traded plain and simple. Is he older? Yes. Is he the same as he was 3 years ago? No. But no way do they even attempt to trade Kobe, he will retire in the purple & gold, I really wish people would stop talking about trading Kobe. I also think he has something left in the tank, and next year he will show.

I think they are gonna get Howard one way or another & Bynum or Gasol will get traded IMO

Denver-boy
06-22-2011, 09:56 AM
Bynums a Bum, theyres been rumors that lakers turned down #2 overll pick and Micheal Beasley for Bynum. WTF??? you guys are crazy, Beasly and Derrick Williams!! damn you guys are stupid. Bynum is not that good.

Lakerfan In NY
06-22-2011, 09:59 AM
I think our FO (rightly) understands that you have an older vet core that played more minutes in the past three season that any other team, plus your two stars logged extended minutes w/ world championship basketball & going into this season they attempted to infuse the team with some other role players to add quickiest & alittle toughness but didn't work. So, they are going to try again w/ (bit) players & NOT destory a core that saw them go to three straight finals, winning two of them. Because of one bad series to the evenutal championship. Claim Down!

Hellcrooner
06-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Bynums a Bum, theyres been rumors that lakers turned down #2 overll pick and Micheal Beasley for Bynum. WTF??? you guys are crazy, Beasly and Derrick Williams!! damn you guys are stupid. Bynum is not that good.

unfortunately the dumb son is running the lakers now and Jim "freddo" Buss has a hard on for Bynum.

lakersrock
06-22-2011, 10:54 AM
I think we end up trading Odom.....which is a huge mistake. It would be much smarter to trade Gasol or Bynum. Both play better with Odom at PF, he is a key ball handler, he was our best outside shooter, he led fast breaks off boards, etc.

I hope Gasol goes if we trade one of the three, but I bet it's Odom.

KnicksR4Real
06-22-2011, 11:06 AM
I'd trade Pau, he is so soft. Go get some young talent or PG.

WSU Tony
06-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Isn't it funny how every GM says they are "unwilling" to trade a single player on their team? Haven't you guys figured out this simple game yet?

Posts with links like this one are 100% worthless. EVERY GM is going to say they aren't trading a guy.... until the trade is made.

srfr4life
06-22-2011, 11:23 AM
They have no interest in trading them because they haven't received the right offer. It's all in the wording my good man.

WSU Tony
06-22-2011, 11:41 AM
If #2 and Beasley isn't enough for Bynum, good luck trading him...

The Final Boss
06-22-2011, 11:42 AM

Kobe... He's untradable and the Lakers will have to live with it, not the worst contract in the NBA but far from the best.

Any player, regardless of his contract, if worth said contract if said player brings a minimum of 1 title. Bryant brings multiple titles with every extension. Maybe you ESPN tuners don't see it that way. Buts that's the reality of the situation.

You dumb?.. Then don't watch...

KingPosey
06-22-2011, 11:46 AM
I would bet every penny I make for the rest of my life that they would trade either ONE of them in a deal for Dwight.

KingPosey
06-22-2011, 11:48 AM
The younger Buss is ridiculous with Bynum. He cant let go of the fact the he "discovered" him.

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 11:57 AM
Was, keyword

lol.. So your predicting how efficient Kobe will be in the next couple years??? lmao... Ok then, your probably a Bulls fan but you sound like a Heat fan... Not 1, not 2, not 3........

Avenged
06-22-2011, 12:02 PM

The Lakers will have to live with it? :confused:

I doubt the Lakers are even looking to move Kobe.

Chronz
06-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Beasly and Williams arent even 1/10 the player Bynum, damn ya peeps are dumb

Chronz
06-22-2011, 12:18 PM
lol.. So your predicting how efficient Kobe will be in the next couple years??? lmao... Ok then, your probably a Bulls fan but you sound like a Heat fan... Not 1, not 2, not 3........

Maybe its my old age but I dont get it

shep33
06-22-2011, 12:25 PM
They would trade either if a right deal came by.

Nobody in their right mind would trade Bynum or Gasol for the #2 pick, who is a tweener 3-4.

shep33
06-22-2011, 12:34 PM
If I recall the deal was Beasley + #2 pick + fillers.

So basically they have 4 sf's if this happens. Artest, Barnes, Beasley and Williams

lakersrock
06-22-2011, 01:06 PM
If I recall the deal was Beasley + #2 pick + fillers.

So basically they have 4 sf's if this happens. Artest, Barnes, Beasley and Williams

They'd probably take Knight.

RaiderLakersA's
06-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Wise move. Unless someone makes an offer of comparable value, why not make it publicly known... for the overall stability of your team, if nothing else... that your big men are safe?

Pau is one of the reasons why the Lakers made it to the Finals 3 straight years. Sure, he had an off year in the playoffs, but he wasn't the only one. You bring him back for one more year at least. If he has a slump during the season, then you consider trading him.

As for Bynum, he's untouchable. Jim Buss isn't going to ever give up on his pet project until it's absolutely positively clear that Bynum isn't the answer.

Lastly, my impression is that the Lakers Front Office strongly believes that they are only a PG and a bench player or two away from being in the Finals again. The biggest splash they'll make -- unless Howard or some other franchise player comes out and demands a trade to LA -- is to bring in a quality PG. It should be a relatively quiet offseason for the Lakers outside of that.

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 01:40 PM
I'll say it again.. One of those bigs are leaving the lakers this offseason, and its not even close...

AIRMAR72
06-22-2011, 03:02 PM
yeah they would want to get of rid of there best player :facepalm:
pau is the LAKER best player and the evidence was clear after DIRK and j.kidd handed over the broomstick to kobe in 2011 playoffs mangement and coaching staff KNOW THIS(kobe just about FINISH) they also realize the best chance for the LAKERS is to utilize pau and andrew like the grizz ARE doing with mark gasol and zach (modern day twin tower) DONT be surprise if kobe get traded regardless of his what his contract say we talking the los angles LAKERS they make things HAPPEN and MAKE adjustment to better the TEAM when its NEEDED kobe AND d.FISH ARE WEAK LEAKS on the team

Hellcrooner
06-22-2011, 03:04 PM
pau is the LAKER best player and the evidence was clear after DIRK and j.kidd handed over the broomstick to kobe in 2011 playoffs mangement and coaching staff KNOW THIS(kobe just about FINISH) they also realize the best chance for the LAKERS is to utilize pau and andrew like the grizz ARE doing with mark gasol and zach (modern day twin tower) DONT be surprise if kobe get traded regardless of his what his contract say we talking the los angles LAKERS they make things HAPPEN and MAKE adjustment to better the TEAM when its NEEDED kobe AND d.FISH ARE WEAK LEAKS on the team

he has a no trade clause.

Jewelz0376
06-22-2011, 03:17 PM

this has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've read in awhile...

i especially love the "kobe will get traded regardless of what his contract says"...Like the Lakers could just delete the no trade clause out of the contract ne time they want lol

KnicksR4Real
06-22-2011, 03:20 PM
pau is too much of a scrub..

KnicksR4Real
06-22-2011, 03:30 PM
pau gasoft

ATSW02D16
06-22-2011, 03:36 PM
I'll say it again.. One of those bigs are leaving the lakers this offseason, and its not even close...

This.

However, could it possible that the Lakers trade them both in a deal for Dwight or would it just be Bynum?

LakersMaster24
06-22-2011, 03:47 PM
If #2 and Beasley isn't enough for Bynum, good luck trading him...

Give us #2 and Johnson and you've got yourself a deal. ;)

ChiSox219
06-22-2011, 04:05 PM

Kobe has played 48,000+ minutes. Unless he takes on a lesser role a la Ray Allen, his individual and team success will continue to decline.

Your analogy is nonsensical.

Any player, regardless of his contract, if worth said contract if said player brings a minimum of 1 title. Bryant brings multiple titles with every extension. Maybe you ESPN tuners don't see it that way. Buts that's the reality of the situation.

You dumb?.. Then don't watch...

What does Kobe's past success have to do with his getting value from his future salary? Nothing

ShockerArt
06-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Lakers have no interest in trading Gasol or Bynum ... unless they're getting Dwight Howard in return.

ShockerArt
06-22-2011, 04:14 PM

Neither are Beasley and Williams.