PDA

View Full Version : Pat Riley: Celebration might have been a ‘mistake’

3ballbomber
06-22-2011, 12:04 AM
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2011/06/pat-riley-celebration-might-have-been-a-mistake.html#more-7281

“There were things we would probably, if we had a chance to really think about it, and do it over again, may have done it a little bit differently,” Riley said in his annual state-of-the-team postseason media session.

"there were things we would probably, if we had a chance to really think about it, and do it over again, may have done it a little bit differently."

With that said, moving on, do you think Miami now try & keep things a little more down to earth & humble or do the antics continue? Either way it was good for Riley to address what i thought was an over the top premature celebratory masterbation session.

effen5
06-22-2011, 12:10 AM
lololololol @ riles

Raps26
06-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Pat Riley: Celebration might have been a ‘mistake’

might have been?!

it was a HUGE mistake

koLohe2133
06-22-2011, 12:30 AM
At least he didn't say something like: "oh our pr department got hacked"

Badluck33
06-22-2011, 12:39 AM
is it a mistake if they win the championship???

LA_Raiders
06-22-2011, 12:46 AM
lol, I try to remember Riley a a great Laker, but What he is doing in Miami is a ****ing joke...

zaman314125
06-22-2011, 12:47 AM
haha.. that lebron lover really thinks he makes sense lol

Dash
06-22-2011, 12:51 AM
What the hell ? What you idiots dont understand is that the celebration was meant for us HEAT fans not anyone else. Hell it was only shown on Sun network and espn picked up the coverage. F that if we had to do it all over again id say DO IT AGAIN. Everybody here is so sensitive like little girls.

Don't cry on me their Jimmy

Master Mind
06-22-2011, 12:54 AM
lol, I try to remember Riley a a great Laker, but What he is doing in Miami is a ****ing joke...

:confused:

How?

He has a ring as a coach of the Heat and sooner or later will have one if not some as the president/gm...

Raps18-19 Champ
06-22-2011, 12:55 AM
I would have celebrated still.

You get the best player in the league. What's not to celebrate?

LBJ and Bosh coming will still end up getting the Heat a title.

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2011, 12:59 AM
It was a massive mistake. People who say it was for their fans, Please. They knew everyone was watching and they rubbed it in everyones face. Disrespected the whole league saying "It's going to be easy" and the infamous Countoff of already self proclaimed championships. I really do think they thought it was going to be easy, I do think they had it all set up. To be honest I enjoyed watching them lose in the Finals probably just as much as everyone else.

Saying that, they're probably going to win 2-3 Championships and I'll always respect Pat Riley.

znick21
06-22-2011, 01:12 AM
What the hell ? What you idiots dont understand is that the celebration was meant for us HEAT fans not anyone else. Hell it was only shown on Sun network and espn picked up the coverage. F that if we had to do it all over again id say DO IT AGAIN. Everybody here is so sensitive like little girls.

the thing that annoyed me most about it, besides the fact that it was probably one of the most ridiculous things i have ever seen in my entire life, was the fact that only three players from their entire TEAM were there. i understand it was exciting and heat fans wanted to celebrate, but i just thought it was a slap in the face to a guys like udonis haslem or james jones who have been there for a while and put in work.

kozelkid
06-22-2011, 01:16 AM

Really? You mean the same guy who guaranteed a championship right after he won in 87? That's called swagger. You just don't like it because it isn't your team now. I'm sure you'd have no issues if it was LA. Personally, I'm not a fan of it, but Riley has always had this type of swagger. It's not something he just developed recently. Some people like it, some don't. It has its positives and negatives.

FuriousJatt
06-22-2011, 01:18 AM
the thing that annoyed me most about it, besides the fact that it was probably one of the most ridiculous things i have ever seen in my entire life, was the fact that only three players from their entire TEAM were there. i understand it was exciting and heat fans wanted to celebrate, but i just thought it was a slap in the face to a guys like udonis haslem or james jones who have been there for a while and put in work.

dont forget udonis and miller took paycut to sign with the heat.

Piercefan34
06-22-2011, 01:24 AM

are you stupid? The Heat nabbed LBJ and Bosh why would ESPN not pick up the coverage u moron. Any monkey with a little common sense would know that everyone would be watching. Admit it was stupid. God you heat 'fans' are so ignorant.

D Roses Bulls
06-22-2011, 01:26 AM

please tell that to ESPN then who broadcasted the damn thing on NATIONAL tv because of lebron. dont blame us for making fun of it.

P-O-Z
06-22-2011, 01:32 AM
are you stupid? The Heat nabbed LBJ and Bosh why would ESPN not pick up the coverage u moron. Any monkey with a little common sense would know that everyone would be watching. Admit it was stupid. God you heat 'fans' are so ignorant.

Boo whoo you done yet ? :cry:

SwatTeam
06-22-2011, 01:35 AM
I wonder what Drose is going to do this summer to add to his game to counter lebron locking his @$$ down in crunch time 4 straight games. Maybe grow six inches?

Sorry couldn't resist. I hate seeing sigs on here with people bashing lebron when they know damn well they would be acting like these bandwagon heat fans if he was on there team. Moving on.

D Roses Bulls
06-22-2011, 01:38 AM
I wonder what Drose is going to do this summer to add to his game to counter lebron locking his @$$ down in crunch time 4 straight games. Maybe grow six inches?

Sorry couldn't resist. I hate seeing sigs on here with people bashing lebron when they know damn well they would be acting like these bandwagon heat fans if he was on there team. Moving on.

if you are talking about me, I suggest you go back and read my posts. I would of took lebron, but I didn't want him. I wanted wade for the 1 millionth time already...... it's in my history, just go back and look.

Tmath
06-22-2011, 01:38 AM
What the hell ? What you idiots dont understand is that the celebration was meant for us HEAT Bandwagon fans not anyone else. Hell it was only shown on Sun network and espn picked up the coverage. F that if we had to do it all over again id say DO IT AGAIN. Everybody here is so sensitive like little girls.

fixed

bholly
06-22-2011, 01:40 AM
I actually couldn't really care less. If I was part of the Miami organization, I would've said I thought it was a bad idea, and I would've been embarrassed if I had to be a part of it. I don't understand how people are so offended or upset about it, though. Who cares?

swirl54
06-22-2011, 01:42 AM
It showed total lack of respect for the game.

Catfish1314
06-22-2011, 01:42 AM
The celebration wasn't a mistake IMO. All it did was solidify the Heat's role as villains of the NBA. And there's nothing wrong with that. If anything, they should embrace that role more than they did this past season.

swirl54
06-22-2011, 01:45 AM

I wonder when LeBron will step up and fail trying to win instead of taking his heart out of the game? Rose's heart will never be a question. Wonder why LeBron didn't try guarding Dirk?

swirl54
06-22-2011, 01:46 AM
The celebration wasn't a mistake IMO. All it did was solidify the Heat's role as villains of the NBA. And there's nothing wrong with that. If anything, they should embrace that role more than they did this past season.

They have no Heart. Stand by what you do and say.

platinum1
06-22-2011, 01:46 AM
Do the Yankees celebrate the way the Heat did everytime they sign the top player in the league?
The Heat are a joke

swirl54
06-22-2011, 01:48 AM
Do the Yankees celebrate the way the Heat did everytime they sign the top player in the league?
The Heat are a joke

This but the heat bashing is old they don't deserve the attention

John Walls Era
06-22-2011, 01:53 AM
w.e. they still got to the finals.

Cubby
06-22-2011, 02:12 AM
I hate when Heat fans completely capitalize Heat. It's stupid and immature and it's just a way for you all to feel better than everyone.

Gambeezy
06-22-2011, 02:58 AM
I hate when Heat fans completely capitalize Heat. It's stupid and immature and it's just a way for you all to feel better than everyone.

Off-topic much?

I hate when fans photoshop players they don't have (like LeBron and Wade) into their teams jersey and sport them in their sig only to suck on a lemon when it doesn't happen.

Stop trying to find petty ways to spew your hate.

WadeKobe
06-22-2011, 03:21 AM

Miller and Haslem had not signed yet, if I remember correctly.

3ballbomber
06-22-2011, 03:43 AM
This was the Heats entire season. It really took away from the concept of a UNIT or Miami being a TEAM or a squad over the preoccupation & focus of 3 players for the entire 10-11 season. At the end of the day/season they lived & died by the Big 3..........they eventually Died by it w/ Lebron missing in the finals. It was Miami's initial & primary mistake from the start. Remember Riley's motto in 2006....."15 Strong".......that whent well out the window.

3ballbomber
06-22-2011, 03:48 AM
I recall the Mavs offered Udonis 20 mill for 3 yrs to sign with them. Udonis declined & resigned for peanuts with Miami. Imagine Udonis could have 2 Championship Rings right now!

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2011, 03:52 AM
I recall the Mavs offered Udonis 20 mill for 3 yrs to sign with them. Udonis declined & resigned for peanuts with Miami. Imagine Udonis could have 2 Championship Rings right now!

Sucks for Udonis :rolleyes: He's probably kicking himself right now lol

WadeKobe
06-22-2011, 03:57 AM

HAHAHA! Not at all. The guy is a Miami native. He loves Miami, loves the Heat organization, bleeds for us, loves Riley, loves the city, loves the fans.

Miami is his home and his heart. He'd rather lose in Miami than win 3 in Dallas. He's proven it.

WadeKobe
06-22-2011, 03:58 AM
This was the Heats entire season. It really took away from the concept of a UNIT or Miami being a TEAM or a squad over the preoccupation & focus of 3 players for the entire 10-11 season. At the end of the day/season they lived & died by the Big 3..........they eventually Died by it w/ Lebron missing in the finals. It was Miami's initial & primary mistake from the start. Remember Riley's motto in 2006....."15 Strong".......that whent well out the window.

Again, I think there were only 4 players under contract when they had the signing party. 3 out of 4 isn't so egregious. Especially when #4 was not exactly a fan favorite! lol.

3ballbomber
06-22-2011, 04:01 AM
doubt he would lose sleep over it but it would be on the back of his mind.

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2011, 04:06 AM
HAHAHA! Not at all. The guy is a Miami native. He loves Miami, loves the Heat organization, bleeds for us, loves Riley, loves the city, loves the fans.

Miami is his home and his heart. He'd rather lose in Miami than win 3 in Dallas. He's proven it.

I was kidding lol He's a multi millionare and he plays a sport in the city he loves how hard could life be.

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 04:23 AM
:confused:

How?

He has a ring as a coach of the Heat and sooner or later will have one if not some as the president/gm...

This poster is doing what the heat seem to do best, predict the future... Not 1, not 2.......

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 04:27 AM

lmao.. This sounds corny... The fact is he thought like all other heat fans that a championship was guaranteed because "the chosen one" signed... lmao@ him for turning down that money and a ring...

Sandman
06-22-2011, 04:28 AM
Maybe you should have just FAXED a press release you ****ing piece of **** ******* son of a ***** monkey ****ing **** prick. Its worked well for you before.

bholly
06-22-2011, 04:35 AM
It showed total lack of respect for the game.

Hardly. The only possible disrespect would be for their opponents by the prediction of winning - but it's not like they're the first team in the world to predict that.

It was just a stupid celebration of them getting together, because they were all excited about it. It's embarrassing for them, but who gives a ****? Especially after they lost. Just let it go.

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 04:56 AM
Hardly. The only possible disrespect would be for their opponents by the prediction of winning - but it's not like they're the first team in the world to predict that.

It was just a stupid celebration of them getting together, because they were all excited about it. It's embarrassing for them, but who gives a ****? Especially after they lost. Just let it go.

Im pretty sure they are the first team to celebrate a championship before actually winning it... Matter of fact, they celebrated not 1, not 2, not 3..........

Kenny Powders
06-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Boo whoo you done yet ? :cry:

Chris Bosh probably isn't.

On to the topic, it was a terribly stupid idea. I get they were excited and all. But come on..

Master Mind
06-22-2011, 06:06 AM
You guys tickle me, had this been your team and they happened to sign 3 of the most coveted free agents in one swoop you all would see nothing wrong with a celebration...in fact you'd embrace it and say the same thing we Heat fans continue to say--It was for Heat fans and the entire city. It's crazy how people bash the same players they wanted their teams to sign, seems like people are still butt hurt by the strike out. But in all seriousness, you all would be defending your teams and everything that transpired afterwards...to the end. So get over the spurned lover syndrome and just appreciate the game.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-22-2011, 06:35 AM
it was a total joke.

MTar786
06-22-2011, 06:57 AM
you guys are really over doing this imo. i understand the irritation wit the miami fans. I UNDERSTAND fans expecting a championship.. I did it my self
in 2004 when we got
malone
payton
got horace grant
bryon russel
kept fox and pretty much the core besides horry and shaw.
i remember saying if I was the starting sf we'd still win atleast another back to back titles.

The only reason every dislikes the heat is because (not the fans) but the PLAYERS said theyd win 8 campionships!! they celebrated before they played a game. BEFORE they even built their TEAM!
the lakers with that 04 team which could have turned out to be the best team of all time and who had alread 3peated didnt even count their championships before even earning them. i feel bad to even talk about this. 04 lakers could have been the best team EVER

payton/fisher/pargo
kobe/russel/rush
fox/george/udoka/walton
malone/medvedenko
shaq/grant

sure payton was 35 and malone was 39. but they were still relatively productive and the dept we had was incredible. add tat to a 25 year old kobe and a 31 year old shaq and WOW

dodie53
06-22-2011, 07:17 AM
immaturity is the mistake

bholly
06-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Im pretty sure they are the first team to celebrate a championship before actually winning it... Matter of fact, they celebrated not 1, not 2, not 3..........

Come on, you know they weren't celebrating a championship. They were celebrating getting a team of sought-after guys together. That 'not 1, not 2, not 3...' comment came during it, but that was one guy (I even forget which one it was), that wasn't the official theme of the thing or anything. Him saying that is no worse than Riley guaranteeing to repeat with the Lakers, or Fo' Fo' Fo' or anything like that. They were celebrating free agent signings, and he played up to the crowd. Who cares?

And again, who gives a ****? Even if they did think they were as good as winning a championship, they didn't. Lets let them be embarrassed and move on. I really don't understand how people let all this off the court stuff mean so much to them.

MTar786
06-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Come on, you know they weren't celebrating a championship. They were celebrating getting a team of sought-after guys together. That 'not 1, not 2, not 3...' comment came during it, but that was one guy (I even forget which one it was), that wasn't the official theme of the thing or anything. Him saying that is no worse than Riley guaranteeing to repeat with the Lakers, or Fo' Fo' Fo' or anything like that. They were celebrating free agent signings, and he played up to the crowd. Who cares?

And again, who gives a ****? Even if they did think they were as good as winning a championship, they didn't. Lets let them be embarrassed and move on. I really don't understand how people let all this off the court stuff mean so much to them.

its not bad calling a REPEAT AFTER WINNING ONE. btw didnt pat win it the year after he said theyd win again? calling chamionships before u even have 6 players on ur team is crazy. calling 8 before having even 6 players together is mental

i agree with you on everything else. but dont be ignorant and say they didnt call championship. they did. and it was lebron btw who said not 1 not 2 etc etc

j11430
06-22-2011, 08:06 AM
Don't teams do preseason celebrations like this all the time? The only difference is they got possibly the best player in the league and a really good other guy. They were excited and wanted to celebrate the possibility of what they've got the chance to achieve. I wouldn't call it a mistake at all.

12to85
06-22-2011, 08:15 AM
Wow the sci fi nerd is talking about sports...

Kenny Powders
06-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Don't teams do preseason celebrations like this all the time? The only difference is they got possibly the best player in the league and a really good other guy. They were excited and wanted to celebrate the possibility of what they've got the chance to achieve. I wouldn't call it a mistake at all.

I am pretty sure I have never seen a pair of free agent signings by one team go down like this one did.

bholly
06-22-2011, 08:28 AM
its not bad calling a REPEAT AFTER WINNING ONE. btw didnt pat win it the year after he said theyd win again? calling chamionships before u even have 6 players on ur team is crazy. calling 8 before having even 6 players together is mental

Riley was just one example. Plenty of others have predicted winning one.

i agree with you on everything else. but dont be ignorant and say they didnt call championship. they did. and it was lebron btw who said not 1 not 2 etc etc

I wasn't being ignorant, I was saying one guy called it and I don't give a ****. It was a pre-season pep-rally, and he got carried away. Who cares? It means absolutely nothing other than that he should be embarrassed about himself.

And for what it's worth, just about every team in the league has press events to introduce that year's uniform or new draftees or new signings or give fans a chance to see the team or whatever. If they could fill an arena for them you can be sure as **** they'd do it too.

lamzoka
06-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Last summer has to be 1 of the worst free agents signing ever. I mean lebron & the heat knew where he was going, but yet he had teams wasting their times with presentations and other b.s. left the cavs his hometown team in the dark, then the decision, the celebration, not 1, not 2, not 3...., j. Van. Gundy predicting they were gonna break the bulls 70 wins record. No class

Arch Stanton
06-22-2011, 09:15 AM

That's fine. Just back it up this time.

DR_1
06-22-2011, 10:02 AM

Keep making excuses.

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 10:20 AM

It was Lebron who said it.... And it was ok for Riley to say it because HE JUST WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!

h2r09
06-22-2011, 10:21 AM
The only reason riley said it was a mistake was because people used it as an excuse to hate on us. not because of anything that went on there.

People keep ignoring the fact that the only place this was broadcast was in so florida and espn picked it up, then proceeded to hate on it like we were talking to every team in the league.

Frezhnitz
06-22-2011, 10:37 AM
Riley is right! haha

Chronz
06-22-2011, 11:02 AM
How is the celebration any different than when Shaq came to town in a Diesel truck?

mlisica19
06-22-2011, 11:15 AM
It doesnt matter if it was for some small town, a big city, the nation or the entire world to see. You as Heat fans went through a concert, to uncover two new signings and a resigning of 3 superstars. It was to show boat the trio, not the actual Heat team. There is no three/trio in TEAM. It was there idea as well, realizing that the whole world will see this no matter what station had it originally. Acting like rockstars, basically guaranteeing not 1 but multiple championships. It was a joke, a 5 year deal all 3 of those guys were on and he basically said there going to win 6 or more championships.

There is a thing called humility, modesty. While they were off doing this concert, Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd probably were having a team meeting or individual off season practices.

The Heat did not make it to the finals on anything more than talent alone. And talent can only get you so far, which is why they lost.

When you go onto that court, you play to win and to do so you have to play your very best. What kind of "best" do you have when all it seems the Miami Heat star players fool around, do you really think any of those guys are working as hard off the court to prepare for each battle as the other greats in the game. I dont, they seem way to immature and childish for me.

LeBron James left his HOME STATE where his friends, family and where his past lies past lies. He left a team that he followed as a kid and he watched. He left that team, that was at the top of the charts every year... to go to a more appealing city and team. What makes you think he wont do the same to YOU!

I also find it funny that LeBron James states his favorite teams in all sports is 1) Chicago Bulls 2) Dallas Stars 3) New York Yankees. All 3 teams are miles and MILES away from Ohio. A boy of his stature growing up probably was not able to watch even half of these teams play their games. Back then, not everyone had the type of cable or satellite we do now so I will find it hard to believe that if he was even able to watch 2-3 of his so called favorite teams in a season unless they went to the championship. There was hardly any online too. Basicaly what im getting at, is hes a front runner. Hell go root for the team that has the best chance to win, the most exciting players in which he grew up with.

Shmontaine
06-22-2011, 12:09 PM
of course it was a bad idea...

for the heat fans?? ok, live in your foxhole... did anyone watch the mavs celebration??... didn't chandler make fun of the "not 2, not 3, not 4" comment?? i believe so...

it wasn't just fans who didn't like it, every other team saw it and every player remembered exactly what they did... heat fans need to realize that it's not just overreacting fans that didn't like this, it was everyone outside of miami... and now some inside miami...

it was a bad idea... period... do it again, go ahead...

Chronz
06-22-2011, 12:12 PM
Wow the sci fi nerd is talking about sports...

WOW the guy without an argument still hasnt found one....

JK bro , Star Wars rules tho

theheatles
06-22-2011, 01:11 PM
celebration wasn't a mistake, riley just wish lebron didn't say they were going to win 8 championships...that's it...everything else is pathetic-ness from haters...have a good day

AddiX
06-22-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm a Miami hater and even I'll admit there was nothing wrong w the celebration.

Miami just pulled the biggest heist in NBA history, signed the top 3 free agents in the biggest fa period in all of sports and there not suppose to celebrate that?

The only mistake is David stern acting like it wasn't completely obvious this entire thing was against the NBA rules.

Gambeezy
06-22-2011, 01:28 PM
It was Lebron who said it.... And it was ok for Riley to say it because HE JUST WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!!!!!

I love how words get twisted after repeatedly beating a topic over the head over the course of a year. Tell me where in this video LeBron guarantees a championship victory THIS season. He said, "we believe if we take care of business we can win multiple championships."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA-slCPeh3o

The interviewer led him into that comment as well. You can tell this was all just motivation and hype for the fans and season ticket holders. Fact is, this free agency signing is unprecedented, therefore, they held an unprecedented celebration of the signing. Had they known the hate and scrutiny that would follow the organization throughout the season, I'm sure Arison and Pat would have disallowed the filming of the event. Signing 3 of the 4 best players in one of the best drafts of all time is mind-boggling.

Additionally, Pat told them from the beginning that this would be a 2 year process. We'd have a chance to contend this year but wouldn't have all of our pieces until next year. Winning it this year would have been a sweet bonus and a nice surprise.

RaiderLakersA's
06-22-2011, 01:30 PM
The celebration wasn't a mistake, it was an overblown pep rally.

The mistake was giving any of the stars a microphone to speak to the press during the offseason. I would have imposed a topic-specific gag order: you can talk about your teammates, your talents, your effort, your past, but don't make bold predictions. The only person that should do that is the President of the team.

Riley should have been the one to say, "We should win 1, 2, 3, 4...7 championships with this core." That way the bullseye is on management and the players wouldn't be demonized. Granted, LeBron was going to catch hell for The Decision either way, but at least all of the other negativity surrounding the Heat would have been avoided.

Gambeezy
06-22-2011, 01:32 PM
How is the celebration any different than when Shaq came to town in a Diesel truck?

We threw a parade for Shaq. This was subtle in comparison.

Big Zo
06-22-2011, 01:33 PM
It doesnt matter if it was for some small town, a big city, the nation or the entire world to see. You as Heat fans went through a concert, to uncover two new signings and a resigning of 3 superstars. It was to show boat the trio, not the actual Heat team. There is no three/trio in TEAM. It was there idea as well, realizing that the whole world will see this no matter what station had it originally. Acting like rockstars, basically guaranteeing not 1 but multiple championships. It was a joke, a 5 year deal all 3 of those guys were on and he basically said there going to win 6 or more championships.

There is a thing called humility, modesty. While they were off doing this concert, Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd probably were having a team meeting or individual off season practices.

The Heat did not make it to the finals on anything more than talent alone. And talent can only get you so far, which is why they lost.

When you go onto that court, you play to win and to do so you have to play your very best. What kind of "best" do you have when all it seems the Miami Heat star players fool around, do you really think any of those guys are working as hard off the court to prepare for each battle as the other greats in the game. I dont, they seem way to immature and childish for me.

LeBron James left his HOME STATE where his friends, family and where his past lies past lies. He left a team that he followed as a kid and he watched. He left that team, that was at the top of the charts every year... to go to a more appealing city and team. What makes you think he wont do the same to YOU!

I also find it funny that LeBron James states his favorite teams in all sports is 1) Chicago Bulls 2) Dallas Stars 3) New York Yankees. All 3 teams are miles and MILES away from Ohio. A boy of his stature growing up probably was not able to watch even half of these teams play their games. Back then, not everyone had the type of cable or satellite we do now so I will find it hard to believe that if he was even able to watch 2-3 of his so called favorite teams in a season unless they went to the championship. There was hardly any online too. Basicaly what im getting at, is hes a front runner. Hell go root for the team that has the best chance to win, the most exciting players in which he grew up with.

I actually remember seeing most, if not all, Bulls games back in 1996 and I live in Miami. I believe TNT broadcasted all of them.

MagicHero3
06-22-2011, 01:36 PM
HAHAHAH i love forums that remind heat fans how arrogant their team was and reminds them that they lost in the finals. nice!

OUbigdaddy
06-22-2011, 01:44 PM

Your the Idiot...Go ahead and do it again. Celebrate what you had then and what you have now..NOTHING!!! It's us the rest of the NBA fans that are laughing at you Heat fans.:clap:

Big Zo
06-22-2011, 01:47 PM
HAHAHAH i love forums that remind heat fans how arrogant their team was and reminds them that they lost in the finals. nice!

... And reminds Magic fans that they've never won anything, that they're 1-8 in Finals games, and won't win **** anytime soon. :)

Big Zo
06-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Your the Idiot...Go ahead and do it again. Celebrate what you had then and what you have now..NOTHING!!! It's us the rest of the NBA fans that are laughing at you Heat fans.:clap:

... And it's the rest of the NBA fans that will have to stick their left thumb in their mouth, and their right one up their *** when the Heat start winning championships next year. You know it's gonna happen, so get ready to use tons of anal lube. ; )

Cano4prez
06-22-2011, 01:58 PM

Because it was meant for only Heat fans and if ESPN wouldn't have picked it up none of this would be happening right now?

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 01:58 PM
... And it's the rest of the NBA fans that will have to stick their left thumb in their mouth, and their right one up their *** when the Heat start winning championships next year. You know it's gonna happen, so get ready to use tons of anal lube. ; )

All i ever hear is "You know its gonna happen" from heat fans... No sir we dont... I know its not gonna happen because it never has.... Especially with Lebron "The choker one" James at the helm.. And that ********* coach you guys have.. Your team is a joke.. A bunch of clowns who are the laughing stock of the NBA... Everyone makes jokes about the Heat.... lmao.. Its funny that Heat fans STILL refuse to be humbled.....

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Because it was meant for only Heat fans and if ESPN wouldn't have picked it up none of this would be happening right now?

**Heat fan with excuse alert!!** so if the lakers went on fox sports west and started burning voodoo dolls of other teams, its ok because its just meant for lakers fans? Gotcha! :clap: :clap:

OUbigdaddy
06-22-2011, 02:07 PM

Really??? Well they need to have a heart transplant first, especially James. He is the greatest player in the world until it counts...No Heart!!! Oh but wait I guess I should be back to my pathetic life now and not be hating on Labron, because he is rich and powerful, but he still is a choker with no rings...LOL until he wins one he should keep his mouth shut and just play the game. Don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk!:facepalm:

Cano4prez
06-22-2011, 02:08 PM
**Heat fan with excuse alert!!** so if the lakers went on fox sports west and started burning voodoo dolls of other teams, its ok because its just meant for lakers fans? Gotcha! :clap: :clap:

There's a big difference in burning voodoo dolls and having a pep rally for the fans after signing the top 3 free agents in one of the best free agent classes if not the best of all time

sO_cHi312
06-22-2011, 02:10 PM
What was being celebrated? Signing 3 top free agents? I celebrate birthday parties and championships etc etc...nothing has been accomplished, the celebration was a joke. Riley knows that now.

funkybudda
06-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Everybody here is so sensitive like little girls.

actually the only little girl with strong reaction about this top is yourself...

Chronz
06-22-2011, 02:15 PM
We threw a parade for Shaq. This was subtle in comparison.

I didnt frequent this site back then, was it even around? If so what do you think the reaction to that would have been? Did Shaq/Riles get hated on anywhere near as much

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 02:15 PM
There's a big difference in burning voodoo dolls and having a pep rally for the fans after signing the top 3 free agents in one of the best free agent classes if not the best of all time

I guess we see things differently... See i would have had the pep rally after i actually won something to celebrate the fact that we signed the top free agents in the best free agent class.. If signing players is the goal, i guess you guys won there... I guess....:confused: .... Sounds like Miami has a childish little "nanny nanny naaaaany" thing going on.... lol...smh :facepalm:

Big Zo
06-22-2011, 02:16 PM
All i ever hear is "You know its gonna happen" from heat fans... No sir we dont... I know its not gonna happen because it never has.... Especially with Lebron "The choker one" James at the helm.. And that ********* coach you guys have.. Your team is a joke.. A bunch of clowns who are the laughing stock of the NBA... Everyone makes jokes about the Heat.... lmao.. Its funny that Heat fans STILL refuse to be humbled.....

Why be humble when everyone else is talking ****? They could have been facing a team that consisted of Hitler, Bin Laden, Hussein, Stalin, and Castro and would still be more hated.

Cano4prez
06-22-2011, 02:20 PM
I guess we see things differently... See i would have had the pep rally after i actually won something to celebrate the fact that we signed the top free agents in the best free agent class.. If signing players is the goal, i guess you guys won there... I guess....:confused: .... Sounds like Miami has a childish little "nanny nanny naaaaany" thing going on.... lol...smh :facepalm:

:facepalm: Wow.

Gambeezy
06-22-2011, 02:21 PM
I didnt frequent this site back then, was it even around? If so what do you think the reaction to that would have been? Did Shaq/Riles get hated on anywhere near as much

I don't remember any fallout in the media from the celebration, but we did acquire him via trade. That may be the key note. He had super-soakers and was pumping then into the crowds. It was madness.

Cano4prez
06-22-2011, 02:21 PM
For the record, I have no problem with the rally/celebration I just think LeBron went over the top but he was very excited what can you do

Shmontaine
06-22-2011, 02:22 PM
ha... yep, next year... and then the year after that... i love that losing really means winning... the heat are damn good, but lebron crumbled under the pressure, and there's nothing to show that he has the stones to compete in the finals... and the heat won't win without the frozen one playing the way he needs to play... but hey, keep telling him he's the best player in the league... he could be the best, but he doesn't have the mindset of a champ...

keep up the good logic guys...

mats13--
06-22-2011, 02:34 PM

Miami is never going to win a championship. Karma is a *****, good things dont come to bad people like lebron. Heat fans also are the most undeserving fans in the league for a champioship team, next to Atlanta florida has the worst (arrogant, bandwagon, and uneducated) pro-sports fans in North America.

Gambeezy
06-22-2011, 02:36 PM

You really are one of the worst posters on here. You never have any valid argument to purpose or counter and you say the dumbest things to try to defame others when your sadly disguised hatred only makes you look dumber.
Your team got swept out of the play-offs and Mike Brown convinced your front office that he's the answer. You have bigger problems to worry about. Laughing stock of the NBA? You just say what pops into your colorful mind don't you?

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 02:36 PM
:facepalm: Wow.

Thats what America said when they saw grown *** men holding a "pep rally" to celebrate "joining forces":facepalm:....

effen5
06-22-2011, 02:51 PM
I am not the one calling others names like a pre-schooler. I obviously exaggerated with my post, but a pre-schooler wouldn't get that. And think about this: Jason Kidd beat his wife and was an alcoholic, but somehow he's a much nicer guy than LeBron and totally deserves a ring.

Great...hes a terrible husband....who gives a ****....in the league nobody gives a **** about that...its what you do in the league that matters....

Jason Kidd paid his dues big time....hes going to go down as one of best PGs in NBA history.....to say he doesn't deserve a ring because hes a terrible husband is ********.

effen5
06-22-2011, 02:55 PM
For the record, I have no problem with the rally/celebration I just think LeBron went over the top but he was very excited what can you do

For the record....with the decision...the rally/celebration made you guys the most hated team in the NBA.....so why are you guys all mad when those three did this upon themselves....

Guess what...if Lebron went to the media and said this...

"Im going to sign with Miami next year" with out all the media and hooplah I guarentee you he would not have been hated as much by the rest of us (exception being Cleveland).

But to make a celebration? :facepalm:

Miami Heat = attention whores

Shmontaine
06-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Zo is right to a degree though. It's weird how other teams expect Heat fans to drop the boxers and touch our toes to take the raping. I've been humble congratulating Mavs fans, having civil conversations with Bulls fans, condemning my own players when they've been wrong about certain things. It doesn't matter. Most posters will poke and prod to get a rise out of a Heat fan until he/she says something outlandish and 'siggable'. It's part of the PSD culture now. Just the way it is. What other fans need to realize is that not all posters from the fan bases are mindless, arrogant idiots. There are good Laker, Bulls, Knicks posters and there are the few morons. Don't generalize the whole fan base though.

As have i, being a bulls fan being beaten by the heat... they are the better team... but referencing hitler, stalin, castro is ignorant...

I am not the one calling others names like a pre-schooler. I obviously exaggerated with my post, but a pre-schooler wouldn't get that. And think about this: Jason Kidd beat his wife and was an alcoholic, but somehow he's a much nicer guy than LeBron and totally deserves a ring.

FYI, if you'd like respect, start by giving it... Do you think i didn't know you were exaggerating?? it's still an ignorant comment, and you seem to lack the perspective to see that there's no place for this... i never said JK was an awesome guy, or nicer than lbj... i've never said lbj wasn't a nice guy, did you read anything i wrote, or just exaggerate again??

Big Zo
06-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Great...hes a terrible husband....who gives a ****....in the league nobody gives a **** about that...its what you do in the league that matters....

Jason Kidd paid his dues big time....hes going to go down as one of best PGs in NBA history.....to say he doesn't deserve a ring because hes a terrible husband is ********.

Being a bad husband and physically beating your spouse are two different things. But hey, none of that is as bad as going on TV to announce where you're gonna play and having a celebration...

Big Zo
06-22-2011, 03:02 PM
As have i, being a bulls fan being beaten by the heat... they are the better team... but referencing hitler, stalin, castro is ignorant...

FYI, if you'd like respect, start by giving it... Do you think i didn't know you were exaggerating?? it's still an ignorant comment, and you seem to lack the perspective to see that there's no place for this... i never said JK was an awesome guy, or nicer than lbj... i've never said lbj wasn't a nice guy, did you read anything i wrote, or just exaggerate again??

If you knew I was exaggerating then what's the big deal? And I honestly couldn't care less about getting respect from people on message boards.

Gary Reasons
06-22-2011, 03:25 PM

no of course not, then it would have been "we knew along ..1 down 7 more to go"

Sandman
06-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Being a bad husband and physically beating your spouse are two different things. But hey, none of that is as bad as going on TV to announce where you're gonna play and having a celebration...

One is basketball related, one isn't. Want to pick which one?

Big Zo
06-22-2011, 04:01 PM
One is basketball related, one isn't. Want to pick which one?

Our players have been attacked for more than their basketball skills...

MTar786
06-22-2011, 04:18 PM
wow.. this is incredibly irritating.

guys. stop rubbing this in the heat fans face, get over the fact lebron wade and bosh didnt pick you guys and all went to miami.

and heat fans, just admit u guys counted your chickens before they hatched. your two main players have become douche bags and that they were wrong in what they did and acted throughout the year. AND THAT IS WHY PEOPLE ARE ANGRY. get ready for next season because miami is still a contending team. and try to have a humble approach this time instead of repeating the same mistake most of you guys made this season. learn to be humble. no offense but the miami heat franchise is a young franchise who should be humble. you guys are no la lakers, boston celtics, spurs or bulls franchise. you guys only ae 1 title and dont have the best of retired jerseys up in the rafters. one day you guys may get there. but carry yourselves with that frame of mind. you guys have 1 title, not 16 and you guys have yet to prove you can even win a title again

JNA17
06-22-2011, 04:26 PM
Really? You mean the same guy who guaranteed a championship right after he won in 87?

Oh yeah i remember that, you mean he guaranteed another title to a PROVEN championship team? A team that contained the greatest PG in history, the greatest center in history, and hall of famer James Worthy? Along with other role players that have proven to win a championship together unlike the Heat?

Just a thought.

klay
06-22-2011, 04:33 PM
I wonder when LeBron will step up and fail trying to win instead of taking his heart out of the game? Rose's heart will never be a question. Wonder why LeBron didn't try guarding Dirk?

because sf don't usually guard pf's and a seven footer at that, why didn't rose guard bosh?:facepalm::facepalm:

drobe86
06-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Pat Riley dropped the ball on this one. He had a shot at 3 max players, and he got 2 of them wrong.... Bosh and James just don't fit..... It will always be about next year for Heat fans...

valade16
06-22-2011, 04:42 PM

I do and will continue to make fun of LeBron James for being dumb. And I don't mean dumb as in a meaningless insult, I mean he is literally of below average intelligence. He is not smart; however you want to put it.

It is apparent everytime he opens his mouth.

Other than that, I've got no problem with the rest of the Heat.

mats13--
06-22-2011, 05:00 PM
I do and will continue to make fun of LeBron James for being dumb. And I don't mean dumb as in a meaningless insult, I mean he is literally of below average intelligence. He is not smart; however you want to put it.

It is apparent everytime he opens his mouth.

Other than that, I've got no problem with the rest of the Heat.

I agree one hundred percent. He is also just a poorly mannered individual with horrible values, but what can you expect from someone who was raised by a sixteen year old mother who beats up random ppl on the street. But back to the subject of him being dumb, I was amazed by his post game six speech. They just lost the series because Dallas was able to play better team ball (and had far better chemistry) and a reporter asks him what the team needs to do to win a championship, and he proceeds to say all i can do is improve as an individual, are you that dumb lebron the whole reason your team loss is because you played as indivduals; he should be flying the whole team down to wherever he lives to have an early training camp and develop chemistry, yet all he is talking about is himself. The guy is an idiot. Also if I had his body the first thing I wouldve done is hone my low post skills (where he would have a huge mismatch against any 3 in the league) yet for some reason this doesnt occur to him.

mats13--
06-22-2011, 05:04 PM
because sf don't usually guard pf's and a seven footer at that, why didn't rose guard bosh?:facepalm::facepalm:

no because he is afraid to get embaressed. Udonis isnt any bigger or stronger than him and he was guarding dirk. Lebron is a first team defensive player and I was shocked he didn't insist on atleast trying to guard drink. Shocked might not be the rite word however as it is clear Lebron is afraid of getting shown up defensively; he only goes for blocks when he is a help defender coming over because he is afraid to get dunked on, the guy is a *****.

Gambeezy
06-22-2011, 05:21 PM
I agree one hundred percent. He is also just a poorly mannered individual with horrible values, but what can you expect from someone who was raised by a sixteen year old mother who beats up random ppl on the street. But back to the subject of him being dumb, I was amazed by his post game six speech. They just lost the series because Dallas was able to play better team ball (and had far better chemistry) and a reporter asks him what the team needs to do to win a championship, and he proceeds to say all i can do is improve as an individual, are you that dumb lebron the whole reason your team loss is because you played as indivduals; he should be flying the whole team down to wherever he lives to have an early training camp and develop chemistry, yet all he is talking about is himself. The guy is an idiot. Also if I had his body the first thing I wouldve done is hone my low post skills (where he would have a huge mismatch against any 3 in the league) yet for some reason this doesnt occur to him.

Don't try to act like you know anything about LeBron James 'the person' based on what the media shows you. You don't know him personally so your opinion of his manners and values are unfounded. As for his mom, I know the woman as much as you do, which is not at all. A lot of these players grew up with young single mothers trying to raise them. I hope your not insinuating they are all lesser men because of it. Just a very silly statement in my opinion. I hope your posts gain a little more insight and perspective as you progress through your PSD tenure. Welcome though.

mats13--
06-22-2011, 05:41 PM
Don't try to act like you know anything about LeBron James 'the person' based on what the media shows you. You don't know him personally so your opinion of his manners and values are unfounded. As for his mom, I know the woman as much as you do, which is not at all. A lot of these players grew up with young single mothers trying to raise them. I hope your not insinuating they are all lesser men because of it. Just a very silly statement in my opinion. I hope your posts gain a little more insight and perspective as you progress through your PSD tenure. Welcome though.

I do think he is a lesser person (but not because of that), I feel bad for these guys that have to grow up with a teen mom and no dad. However me personally I have learnt my values from my parents as most do, and it is clear that Lebron lacks any sort of value system which one would think is a product of having a teen mother, who is also crazy (anyone who beats up a valet guy has to be). I feel bad for the guy, he needs a mentor or someone who can teach him to act appropriately in the spot light. If the Heat could bring in a nice, smart, well respected menotr like Shane Battier it would do wonders for Lebron in many ways.

ghettosean
06-22-2011, 05:49 PM
From beginning to end the heat get a "FAIL".

If you celebrate about your team that's fine but if you brag before you even play one game together or step on the floor about how many championships your going to win "Not 5, not 6, not 7" I mean give me a break.

In the finals you have Lebron and Wade mocking Dirk before a game when he was legitimately ill.

Then after the season you have Lebron insulting the bulk of the NBA fan base during his final press conference of the season.

EVERYTHING THE DID WAS WRONG AND I HOPE THEY DON'T WIN A BLOODY THING.

Not to mention that they are a bunch of cheats and scammers with Wade and Lebron flopping through the playoffs (they wanted to flop to victory) which I think is degrading our game and if they win a championship this way I'll be so sad for the NBA fan base and it will be insulting to any real champion who has gotten a ring before them.

Here's some nice playoff flops by the King and his little prince (the 1st one Lebron even winks at his teammate after he flops because Lebron is so great!!!)

Pathetic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMZ-n4KNkkg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0I3gAz9w9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pYGtlTnWiE

I like in the first 2 clips the announcers comment on what a great actor Lebron James is... Stop ruining basketball and play the game no one wants to see you dance around!!!

I hope the NBA stops this stuff cause if they win a championship playing like this I'll probably just stop watching basketball.

SoxBearsBulls!
06-22-2011, 06:43 PM
I think it's time to stop picking on the Heat and their fans, yeah it was funny seeing them fail because of how arrogant Wade and James are but we are seriously now on overkill.

Let's move on...

TylerSL
06-22-2011, 08:28 PM
It was a little arrogant yes, but it wasnt meant to piss people off. It was to wow the Heat fans, not piss the league off. It did, but face it people, it happened over 11 months ago, time to let it go. People go on about how much it offended them that the Heat did this, yet they act like Heat fans are too "sensetive" if they dont just shut up and take the hate. Its time to put the big boy pants on and get past this...........

ghettosean
06-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Honestly guys he's right if your going to focus on hating someone don't do it for something that was done 11 months ago that's like forever. If your going to hate Lebron you might want to focus on him insulting the NBA fan base in his final interview after losing the finals.

What a class act!

I'll hate as long as the heat acts like a bunch of douche bags... They make it so easy!!! Mocking Dirk then the NBA fans BRAVO LEBRON AND WADE BRAVO!!!

It's like they want us to hate them so why disappoint!

DROSE4MVP
06-22-2011, 09:25 PM
I think it's time to stop picking on the Heat and their fans, yeah it was funny seeing them fail because of how arrogant Wade and James are but we are seriously now on overkill.

Let's move on...

Agreed. I dislike LeBron as much as the next Bulls fan or any other fan who doesn't like him, but this **** has to stop. They failed, whatever... it happens in sports. It will probably make them even hungrier next year, anyway. I can guarantee everyone that the Heat fans will not talk that much crap this offseason and next year. If I was a Heat fan, I would keep my mouth shut and just let the haters hate. When they win a championship, it's gonna blow up in their faces.

Just my take on the whole thing.

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 09:34 PM
You really are one of the worst posters on here.

Why because i dont love Lebron? Im actually flatterd that you think that.. It seems that 90% of the people here feel the same way about Lebron.. Matter of fact, 90% of the people in the U.S feel the same way about Lebron... Your in denial.. But im glad my "hate" sticks out. It must burn.......

You never have any valid argument to purpose or counter and you say the dumbest things to try to defame others when your sadly disguised hatred only makes you look dumber.

I never have a valid argument??? Your gonna argue that Lebron James didnt choke in the finals? Your gonna argue that Spolstra is a good NBA coach? hahhaha.. There is no argument there, all facts buddy.....

Your team got swept out of the play-offs and Mike Brown convinced your front office that he's the answer. You have bigger problems to worry about. Laughing stock of the NBA? You just say what pops into your colorful mind don't you?

My team has 2 of the last 3 championships... My team is one of the greatest franchises in all of sports... My team went to the finals 3 years in a row.. My team got swept by the team that won the chip.. I"ll live with that... Do I like the Mike brown hire? Nope.. But we have a guy on our team named Kobe.. You know him right??? A winner.. The polar opposite of the guy on your team, Lebron.... Is there an argument there? You wanna argue that Lebron is a winner and kobe isnt? You can call me what you want.. Your feelings are hurt... Not mine. The Lakers will always be relevant.. You know it, Lebron knows it, the world knows it.... I'll back that up with the 16 championships we have..... Have a nice night...

knickfan33
06-22-2011, 09:39 PM

yeah it is.... these players have destroyed there rep for ever... theres no fixing it.
even if they win a title fans are just going to say "yeah well they had to form a super team to do it"... they now have a rep for being crybabies, underachievers, "chokers"...ect... its going to take way more championships then they will ever get to reverse this.

Yanks All Day
06-22-2011, 09:53 PM
yeah it is.... these players have destroyed there rep for ever... theres no fixing it.
even if they win a title fans are just going to say "yeah well they had to form a super team to do it"... they now have a rep for being crybabies, underachievers, "chokers"...ect... its going to take way more championships then they will ever get to reverse this.

That seems really dramatic. Considering America is known for loving winners, I'd say a championship or two would really turn opinions. The hate at this point is overblown. It's 2 weeks into the offseason and there are 50 threads per day about the Heat created by Lakers and Knicks fans, not the Miami fans.

klay
06-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Why because i dont love Lebron? Im actually flatterd that you think that.. It seems that 90% of the people here feel the same way about Lebron.. Matter of fact, 90% of the people in the U.S feel the same way about Lebron... Your in denial.. But im glad my "hate" sticks out. It must burn.......

I never have a valid argument??? Your gonna argue that Lebron James didnt choke in the finals? Your gonna argue that Spolstra is a good NBA coach? hahhaha.. There is no argument there, all facts buddy.....

My team has 2 of the last 3 championships... My team is one of the greatest franchises in all of sports... My team went to the finals 3 years in a row.. My team got swept by the team that won the chip.. I"ll live with that... Do I like the Mike brown hire? Nope.. But we have a guy on our team named Kobe.. You know him right??? A winner.. The polar opposite of the guy on your team, Lebron.... Is there an argument there? You wanna argue that Lebron is a winner and kobe isnt? You can call me what you want.. Your feelings are hurt... Not mine. The Lakers will always be relevant.. You know it, Lebron knows it, the world knows it.... I'll back that up with the 16 championships we have..... Have a nice night...

the lakers and especially kobe are done bud stop living in the past i really do hope you enjoy your rebuild its gonna get ugly.

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 10:16 PM
lol@ living in the past...it was just last year... hahahhahahaahha

sb123
06-22-2011, 10:19 PM
I think Miami has not gone far enough -- I think they should have declared it a State wide Holiday. July 10 -- Birth of a Dynasty.

klay
06-22-2011, 10:26 PM
lol@ living in the past...it was just last year... hahahhahahaahha

a year isn't the past? sorry bro kobe is done and he was never that good from the start just thank shaq for him even being discussed as top 5 all time he really doesnt deserve it. espn like they did to lebron hyped him wayyyy too much. also shouldn't have won finals mvp last year he definitely wasn't the best player that series.

your avatar looks dumb right now since the lakers contending days are over no one has to team up to beat the Lakers, eighth seed Memphis could have done it.

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 10:37 PM
a year isn't the past? sorry bro kobe is done and he was never that good from the start just thank shaq for him even being discussed as top 5 all time he really doesnt deserve it. espn like they did to lebron hyped him wayyyy too much. also shouldn't have won finals mvp last year he definitely wasn't the best player that series.

your avatar looks dumb right now since the lakers contending days are over no one has to team up to beat the Lakers, eighth seed Memphis could have done it.

hahahahahhahahahahhaha

klay
06-22-2011, 10:39 PM
you have to laugh to keep yourself from crying.....

sventhedog
06-22-2011, 11:17 PM
it wasn't a mistake since that would be the closest the fans would get to celebrating a title. the heat just gave their fans a preview of something they'll never get. lol.

Sandman
06-22-2011, 11:25 PM

Oh cry me a damn river I'm sick of all you acting like martyrs.:cry::cry::cry:

Gambeezy
06-23-2011, 12:47 AM

How are you going to say Spoelstra isn't a good NBA coach and then drop the 'all facts buddy' line? If you brought facts into the equation, they would prove otherwise. :confused:

Your entire post is energetic, but sad. I said none of that nor did I insinuate any of the words your trying to generate from my mouth. But, it's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Never did I even mention Kobe's name and here you are trying to make this another petty LeBron vs. Kobe debate. Why?

Then the hypocrisy roles in. You say Kobe is a pure winner which is the polar opposite of LeBron, though Kobe and his Phil Jackson-led Lakers team (widely regarded as one of the deepest teams in the league) got swept in the 2nd round by the team that LeBron and the Spoelstra-led Heat took to a competitive 6-game Finals series. You're also talking about the guy that was demanding a trade post-Shaq, pre-Gasol era because his team was losing. Then the 16 championships...Lakers always relevant..yadda yadda chat from the guy who was just telling the Heat fan base to humble themselves.

You're obviously the one riled up here. But, you thrive on it. You like to avoid logic and reason. Look at my previous posts and tell me where I ever mentioned Kobe's competitiveness or will to win (I never do). I don't need to point out all of your erratic, pointless jabs. It's certainly fun highlighting the blatant hypocrisies though.

ghettosean
06-23-2011, 12:59 AM
Your entire post is energetic, but sad. I said none of that nor did I insinuate any of the words your trying to generate from my mouth. But, it's a perfect example of what I'm talking about. Never did I even mention Kobe's name and here you are trying to make this another petty LeBron vs. Kobe debate. Why?

Then the hypocrisy roles in. You say Kobe is a pure winner which is the polar opposite of LeBron, though Kobe and his Phil Jackson-led Lakers team (widely regarded as one of the deepest teams in the league) got swept in the 2nd round by the team that LeBron and the Spoelstra-led Heat took to a competitive 6-game Finals series. You're also talking about the guy that was demanding a trade post-Shaq, pre-Gasol era because his team was losing. Then the 16 championships...Lakers always relevant..yadda yadda chat from the guy who was just telling the Heat fan base to humble themselves.

You're obviously the one riled up here. But, you thrive on it. You like to avoid logic and reason. Look at my previous posts and tell me where I ever mentioned Kobe's competitiveness or will to win (I never do). I don't need to point out all of your erratic, pointless jabs. It's certainly fun highlighting the blatant hypocrisies though.
I'm not a Laker fan or anything but just to note you are correct that the Lakers got swept and Miami took them to 6 games but keep in mind that they were pretty healthy when they beat L.A. When they played the heat Haywood was hurt, Dirk had a fever one game and he had a torn tendon in is finger for the series and hurt his wrist on a dunk (which wasn't talked about much), Stevenson was having his knee drained blah blah blah but you get the point right.

That and Lebron and Wade did there good amount of flops as well to put some pressure on the Mavs sooooooooooooooooo yeah. I think you get the point ;)

I wonder what would have happened in the finals if everyone was healthy and Caron was in the line up... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Gambeezy
06-23-2011, 01:22 AM
I'm not a Laker fan or anything but just to note you are correct that the Lakers got swept and Miami took them to 6 games but keep in mind that they were pretty healthy when they beat L.A. When they played the heat Haywood was hurt, Dirk had a fever one game and he had a torn tendon in is finger for the series and hurt his wrist on a dunk (which wasn't talked about much), Stevenson was having his knee drained blah blah blah but you get the point right.

That and Lebron and Wade did there good amount of flops as well to put some pressure on the Mavs sooooooooooooooooo yeah. I think you get the point ;)

I wonder what would have happened in the finals if everyone was healthy and Caron was in the line up... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

I hear what you're saying. My response to him was worded in the simple logic that he tried to use towards me. If we were actually comparing the two series' then I'd be more than willing to toss opinions around, like the flopping bug that everyone had in the Finals, which Dirk and Kidd were also guilty of. You could also argue that Caron, being more ball dominant, would have hindered the Mavericks great ball movement and Team basketball and also would have taken Marion's defense off of LeBron. I enjoy having those conversations. It's really a speculative game of opinions. It can be fun when had with rational, logical people.

ElChinoLatino
06-23-2011, 01:25 AM
Lol I love how everyone here blames LeBron and not the team itself for his fallout in the Finals. No one gives credit to the Mavs. Either way the big 3 brought this upon themselves, as the season went on it showed how immature they were.

ElChinoLatino
06-23-2011, 01:34 AM
I hear what you're saying. My response to him was worded in the simple logic that he tried to use towards me. If we were actually comparing the two series' then I'd be more than willing to toss opinions around, like the flopping bug that everyone had in the Finals, which Dirk and Kidd were also guilty of. You could also argue that Caron, being more ball dominant, would have hindered the Mavericks great ball movement and Team basketball and also would have taken Marion's defense off of LeBron. I enjoy having those conversations. It's really a speculative game of opinions. It can be fun when had with rational, logical people.

Hinder the Mavs great ball movement? Sorry buddy, I watched every game he played and he was playing like a star who found his role this season. His defense was extremely good so don't get any ideas. And if Lebron was too much for him, Marion would start instead and he would just have a blast with the Heat's mediocre bench. RC isn't an idiot. He obviously found the Heat's weaknesses throughout each game.

Gambeezy
06-23-2011, 03:34 AM
Hinder the Mavs great ball movement? Sorry buddy, I watched every game he played and he was playing like a star who found his role this season. His defense was extremely good so don't get any ideas. And if Lebron was too much for him, Marion would start instead and he would just have a blast with the Heat's mediocre bench. RC isn't an idiot. He obviously found the Heat's weaknesses throughout each game.

Everything you said was speculative since he, in fact, didn't play throughout the play-offs or against the Heat in the Finals which means you can only guess how he would perform with his teammates. I was stating scenarios in which one could argue upon. It was in response to the last poster. They aren't necessarily my honest opinion. Just scenarios. Not really trying to debate Caron's impact in the Finals since the argument would lead nowhere. It's an interesting debate, but I merely pointed out some counter-arguments that are available to be made. There are plenty of scenarios that we can dream up, neither of them mean anything though since they are matters of opinion. Personally, I thought the Mavs improved their team chemistry down the stretch of the season while Caron was hurt. I'm also interested to see how a healthy Caron fits into the mold. It's definitely a nice weapon to have and not a problem since the Mavs can use him or Marion as a trade piece if one doesn't work out.

On a side note: In regards to Rick Carlisle you're right, he isn't an idiot. "He obviously found the Heat's weaknesses throughout each game." Except he didn't. The Mavs were nearly swept had it not been for Game 2 and 4's miraculous 4th quarter scoring run's in the waning minutes. Carlisle deserves more credit than he's given in the media though b/c he is a fundamentally sound coach that doesn't lose his head when the pressure is on.

nickdymez
06-23-2011, 04:36 AM
How are you going to say Spoelstra isn't a good NBA coach and then drop the 'all facts buddy' line? If you brought facts into the equation, they would prove otherwise. :confused:

You mad?

lakerboy
06-23-2011, 04:44 AM
The problem is lebron's marketing team. They are putting too much spotlight on Lebron, making him look like Jay-Z. Among hip-hop culture, Jay-z is like God. He can diss people and people will still praise him. They should stop promoting Lebron like Jayz, because outside the hip-hop world, people dont give a crap about Jayz. People want somebody who they can relate to. With a chosen one tattoo, Lebron isnt going to win many hearts.

SKINZ1017
06-23-2011, 08:07 AM

6'8 against 6'2 u do the math and giving up about 50-60 lbs. but atleast Rose scored in the 4th

3ballbomber
06-23-2011, 11:27 AM
6'8 against 6'2 u do the math and giving up about 50-60 lbs. but atleast Rose scored in the 4th
Like Wade and though both missed shots down the stretch and made some bad plays both showed 'will & determination' to 'try to win' - Lebron showed non of that!

It's not Bulls time yet, just like it wasn't Miami's.

3ballbomber
06-23-2011, 11:30 AM
The problem is lebron's marketing team. They are putting too much spotlight on Lebron, making him look like Jay-Z. Among hip-hop culture, Jay-z is like God. He can diss people and people will still praise him. They should stop promoting Lebron like Jayz, because outside the hip-hop world, people dont give a crap about Jayz. People want somebody who they can relate to. With a chosen one tattoo, Lebron isnt going to win many hearts.
Rakim is the God. And even within the culture many haven't given 2 hoots about Jay-z since Reasonable Doubt.

klay
06-23-2011, 11:49 AM

are you sure you watched that series..?? he choked harder than dirk(2006) and lebron in the finals combined his last two plays were *brick free throw to tie the game* *get blocked for potential game winner*.

effen5
06-23-2011, 12:01 PM
are you sure you watched that series..?? he choked harder than dirk(2006) and lebron in the finals combined his last two plays were *brick free throw to tie the game* *get blocked for potential game winner*.

Hes 22 who is the main guy on his team in his third year....

Lebrons choked the last 8 years....

S-Dot
06-23-2011, 12:05 PM
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_basketball_heat/2011/06/pat-riley-celebration-might-have-been-a-mistake.html#more-7281

With that said, moving on, do you think Miami now try & keep things a little more down to earth & humble or do the antics continue? Either way it was good for Riley to address what i thought was an over the top premature celebratory masterbation session.

I won't say that they'll be more down to earth or humble; that's just not their character...and they defend their character alot. They may not celebrate as much, but they still will be cocky, which is understandable if you had their talent.

klay
06-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Hes 22 who is the main guy on his team in his third year....

Lebrons choked the last 8 years....

funny you count his whole career as a choke wtf? was he suppose to win the title his first year?