PDA

View Full Version : Lakers and Kings currently in talks with Denver about Felton

D Roses Bulls
06-21-2011, 08:45 PM
The Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings are both looking to upgrade at the point guard position. The Lakers would like to get faster at the point, as Derek Fisher and Steve Blake didn’t get the job done last year. And though the Kings do have Tyreke Evans, he’s more of a combo guard and they want a speedy pure point man.

Here enters Denver Nuggets guard Raymond Felton. Felton can be had because the Nuggets see Ty Lawson as their future at the point guard position. In addition, Felton has one season left on his contract, at a price of $7.5 million.

Both the Lakers and Kings are currently in talks with the Nuggets about Felton.

As it stands now, the Kings would likely have to part with the No. 7 pick in this year’s draft to get Felton. If they stay at that spot, the Kings could likely take UConn’s Kemba Walker to run the point. But if they feel Felton is a better option, then losing that pick to solidify their backcourt would probably be considered worth it.

I have no idea what the Lakers would trade in exchange for Felton. One would think they’d include Blake in any deal, otherwise their backcourt would be overcrowded. In addition, an asset like Devin Ebanks (a young, athletic guy who looked great when he got into games this year), and draft picks (the Lakers have no first round picks and four second round picks this year) might at least get the Nuggets interested. Again, I don’t know if the Nuggets would even listen to an offer like that, but they would like to clear the $7.5 million they owe Felton off the books as soon as possible. That said, they’re not going to give him away.

http://rumorsandrants.com/2011/06/lakers-kings-interested-in-raymond-felton.html

The Los Angeles Lakers and Sacramento Kings are two teams with interest in prying Raymond Felton(notes) from the Denver Nuggets, league sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AuA22JJqSepKrMEldXwbT028vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_josh_smith_hawks_nba_draft_062011

FriedTofuz
06-21-2011, 08:51 PM
Felton would be a great addition to the lakers. His defense is exactly what we need at our PG position. im not sure, what we can give up to realistically,satisfy the nuggets demands.

Hawkeye15
06-21-2011, 08:54 PM
The problem with the Lakers trying to make trades is that they just don't have many assets to trade. Their core players make a TON of money, and the role players had a terrible year (hence the early exit). With no picks, and crappy contracts, what do they do this summer?

GREATNESS ONE
06-21-2011, 08:55 PM
I smell 3 way trade in the works.

Avenged
06-21-2011, 09:00 PM
The problem with the Lakers trying to make trades is that they just don't have many assets to trade. Their core players make a TON of money, and the role players had a terrible year (hence the early exit). With no picks, and crappy contracts, what do they do this summer?

To be honest, I doubt the Lakers are even involved in most of these rumors. I think some teams are just using for leverage here. Especially when the F.O has said they want the core to remain intact, I see no reason to go after someone who isn't a star. The Lakers will always be involved in any sort of trade talk whether it's true or not.

s3antana5757
06-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Felton would be a great addition to the lakers. His defense is exactly what we need at our PG position. im not sure, what we can give up to realistically,satisfy the nuggets demands.

I know they had interest in Caracter at one point. Caracter, Blake, Brown S&T or TPE, 2nd(s). Basically the most they can offer.

setman2000
06-21-2011, 09:01 PM
I wouldn't mind Sacramentos #7 but nothing with the Lakers. Plus, why would the Nuggets want to strengthen the Lakers starting line-up? Felton wants to start and likely won't resign with Denver anyway so use that trade chip now but be smart about it!

jetman
06-21-2011, 09:02 PM
This is exactly the type of move that puts the Lakers back into legit contention imo. They need a PG, so if they can get one without breaking up the core they'll be set.

setman2000
06-21-2011, 09:06 PM
This is exactly the type of move that puts the Lakers back into legit contention imo. They need a PG, so if they can get one without breaking up the core they'll be set.

Which is exactly why the Nuggets shouldn't trade with them if they really are serious about contending for the Western Conference.

D1JM
06-21-2011, 09:09 PM
so what about evans? is he coming off the bench again?

Sly Guy
06-21-2011, 09:11 PM
I'd like Felton as an addition to either team. And additionally, I'd like to see Felton back in a starting role after what he did for NYK in the early part of last year. I may own a Ty Lawson UNC jersey, but I can't go against my boy Raymond either.

shep33
06-21-2011, 09:11 PM

See I disagree, I think they have some pretty good pieces. Odom, Gasol, Bynum to name 3 huge movable pieces.

One guy who if he's packaged with any of those guys who IMO would be a steal is Devin Ebanks. This guy showed flashes of brilliance last year whenver he played, but the problem was Phil would never play him just like he doesn't play any rookies.

But really, like I said, Gasol, Bynum, and Odom are all great pieces to trade. LA also has 4 second round picks, and can give up future first rounders if they want.

LTBaByyy
06-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Lakers have no assets lol

If I was the nuggets I would go with the Kings and either get

#7 pick (Rather have Felton than Jimmer)

or

Jason Thompson, Jeter, 2nd round pick (They need a young PF with Martin being a FA)

LTBaByyy
06-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Felton
Evans
Casspi
Thompson
Cousins

is young but not bad at all

DerekRE_3
06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Felton
Evans
Casspi
Thompson
Cousins

is young but not bad at all

Casspi isn't part of the future in Sacramento. He was a huge disappointment this year and thinks he is a lot better than he actually is. All he can do is chuck threes on offense. He has no in between game whatsoever. Defensively he's not good either. The 3 spot is the most glaring need for this team, for sure.

I'd love Felton on the Kings though. Great leader in the locker room and great teammate, and he's a veteran. Something this team needs desperately.

LA_Raiders
06-21-2011, 09:20 PM
we are not getting him

Jewelz0376
06-21-2011, 09:24 PM
I would love to get felton...but i doubt it happens

evadatam5150
06-21-2011, 09:26 PM

Cup-Check for Felton straight up... That should get the job done and rid the Lakers of one bad contract.. :D