PDA

View Full Version : NYPost: Knicks inquiring about a Billups for Nash Deal

Pages : [1] 2

JordansBulls
06-21-2011, 06:44 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/usc_vucevic_at_center_of_knicks_fQW4QY0ufdry7UDIr4 GG4O#ixzz1PxABtB9m

There have been renewed whispers the Knicks have inquired about Suns point guard Steve Nash, who lives in SoHo in the offseason. The Knicks have talked internally about trading Chauncey Billups for Nash as both have expiring contracts. But there does not appear any reason for Suns owner Robert Sarver to make a move and give Mike D'Antoni a chance to reunite with his favorite son.

MrfadeawayJB
06-21-2011, 06:48 PM
why??? This makes them worse defensively. Not sure what they accomplish here

llemon
06-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Knicks would certainly need to add pieces to that deal.

kntresistheheat
06-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Suns 2.0? Lol! I hope this goes down because that means billups would ask for buyout and he can hopefully come play for the heat?

daleja424
06-21-2011, 06:52 PM
is phoenix going to have a team next year?

Iron24th
06-21-2011, 06:52 PM
why??? This makes them worse defensively. Not sure what they accomplish here

D'Antoni doesn't care about D.

MrfadeawayJB
06-21-2011, 06:55 PM

oh yeah...thats why they will never win championships lol :laugh:

oak2455
06-21-2011, 07:00 PM

And Grizzlies won what??:D

jp611
06-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Suns arent this dumb are they?

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 07:05 PM
hmmm they are both pretty dam old. i cant see either being in the future plans of either team.

daleja424
06-21-2011, 07:07 PM

7 more playoff games than the Knicks...

The 916 Guy
06-21-2011, 07:12 PM
If this trade somehow did happen I would probably watch every Knicks game.

NetsPaint
This would be bad for Phoenix. Billups still has an impact, but I don't know if could get 40 wins for that team, which Nash did last season.

Unless they think since both are expiring after next season that he might come back to Phoenix after, since the Knicks would be contenders, maybe winning a championship, and they'd have good pieces from the trade when Nash comes back, if he does.

The Knicks shouldn't trade Fields as one of the other pieces. Steve Nash might have three years left around this level of play, but we don't know that.

Billups is good for the Knicks as a player, is an expiring, so it's best to keep instead of getting Nash and having more reasons to keep D'Antoni.

THE GIPPER
nice i would love the knicks if this happens but they desperately need a defensive C and shooting guard and bench.... basically everyone except for melo stat and nash have to be defensive stoppers for this to work

Khalifa21
06-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Billups, Fields and the #17 pick for Nash and Gortat.

I can dream can't I?

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-21-2011, 07:24 PM

And in the grand scheme of things, what does that mean?

VillaMaravilla
06-21-2011, 07:25 PM
they both expire at the end of the year, with NASH teaming up with AMARE and Mikey boy would = trouble for the EAST and if we nail it on thursday ooooooooooooh boy,,,,,that bad side is that Mike probably wont go anywhere

allSUAVE
06-21-2011, 07:26 PM
Grizzles fan lmaooo beat it please thank you ..you have our sloppy seconds

VillaMaravilla
06-21-2011, 07:26 PM
man Nash, STAT, Melo, Dalemburt, Klay........ U MAD LOL

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-21-2011, 07:29 PM
man Nash, STAT, Melo, Dalemburt, Klay........ U MAD LOL

I know ur joking but please don't ...

lvlheaded
06-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Nash-Melo-Stat with a couple defensive guys around them and a decent bench would be dangerous. Itd be nice if Donnie could pull this all off before he leaves

gotoHcarolina52
06-21-2011, 07:35 PM

It means bears >>> baggy knee trousers.

BallaDrake601
06-21-2011, 07:40 PM
As a Knicks fan i dont have any problem keeping Billups but i would love to have Nash

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-21-2011, 07:44 PM
It means bears >>> baggy knee trousers.

Is that so... So 2 of our 3 best players being out after only playing 30 something games have nothing to do with it. I respect the Grizzlies but now people are gonna go nuts after they beat an aged Spurs team with a less than 100% Manu... I guess all the teams that early bumped the Mavs b4 this season were better teams as well. Cmon man. Every1 who didn't go to the finals went on early vacation and the Mavs are the only team who accomplished their primary goal this season.

justinnum1
06-21-2011, 07:47 PM

pretty sure they got past the first round without gay

ManRam
06-21-2011, 07:48 PM
I don't get why PHX would even entertain this.

Are they really terrified to rebuild? This doesn't help them at all.

KnicksR4Real
06-21-2011, 07:50 PM

like u shud be talking

ATSW02D16
06-21-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't know, this can be good for the Knicks for the immediate future, but I think they should maybe pick up a point guard in the later round of the draft to build off him if you guys decide not to keep Chauncey after 2012.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-21-2011, 07:51 PM

And the Mavs got past the Heat minus Butler and roddy b.. Two starters... :eyebrow:... So I again ask what does that mean?

ink
06-21-2011, 07:52 PM
There have been renewed whispers the Knicks have inquired about Suns point guard Steve Nash, who lives in SoHo in the offseason. The Knicks have talked internally about trading Chauncey Billups for Nash as both have expiring contracts. But there does not appear any reason for Suns owner Robert Sarver to make a move and give Mike D'Antoni a chance to reunite with his favorite son.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/usc_vucevic_at_center_of_knicks_fQW4QY0ufdry7UDIr4 GG4O#ixzz1PxRDqETm

The article even says it's not going to happen.

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-21-2011, 07:54 PM
And the Mavs got past the Heat minus Butler and roddy b.. Two starters... :eyebrow:... So I again ask what does that mean?

It means nothing.

The Mavs are the winners. The Grizzlies, Heat, and everyone else are the losers. That's all ...

nystandup
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/usc_vucevic_at_center_of_knicks_fQW4QY0ufdry7UDIr4 GG4O#ixzz1PxRDqETm

The article even says it's not going to happen.

OMG who cares. We get it, its one of the many rumors during this week.lol

Avenged
What's going on with all these lopsided trade rumors?!! That's when you know it's the offseason.

NetsPaint
06-21-2011, 07:58 PM
The Grizzlies and Knicks have a bright future...how about that.

justinnum1
06-21-2011, 08:00 PM

Not if the cba screws them.

sb123
06-21-2011, 08:01 PM

If anything, they will seek to screw the Heat and break up one of those three contracts. Break up that no-titles dynasty.

Also, remember this number 2.2. The average amount of points LeBron scored in the 4th Quarter in the finals.

**Dude bagging on DRose given the LeBron and Wade flame outs in games 5 and 6. Gotta wonder what they are posting.***

BkOriginalOne
06-21-2011, 08:02 PM
This makes sens for neither team.
Even if billups isn't bought out (he would leave 13.5mi on the table, I don't think so)
The Suns would still see their tickets sales drop.

Knicks on the other hand, will be selling more tickets and winning less games than they would have won with Billups and will fair much worse come playoff time.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-21-2011, 08:06 PM
It means nothing.

The Mavs are the winners. The Grizzlies, Heat, and everyone else are the losers. That's all ...

Exactly!!!!

Evolution23
06-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Knicks excuse for losing is missing Stat and Chauncy. Whats the excuse for the Heat? Choking? Exactly.

KnicksR4Real
06-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Knicks excuse for losing is missing Stat and Chauncy. Whats the excuse for the Heat? Choking? Exactly.

word.

ink
06-21-2011, 08:13 PM
OMG who cares. We get it, its one of the many rumors during this week.lol

Got it, so now we admit that we're just talking for the sake of talking now about unlikely to impossible rumours. Just checking in. lol.

The New York Post, trusted source in ******** rumours for decades.

junion
06-21-2011, 08:15 PM

Are you basing your argument on the fact that the Grizzlies played good defense, but they didn't win the championship, therefore it isn't true that defense wins championships?

ONE team wins ... and it's been the team with DEFENSE most the time.

FriedTofuz
06-21-2011, 08:15 PM
knicks can inquire all they want, the phoneix suns gm will not trade nash. Nash signed his extention for a reason.

FriedTofuz
06-21-2011, 08:17 PM

They just have no defense whatsoever. Their star players play no d. Yes, I'm talking about the knicks. Amare may block shots, but hes not a good defender, nor is carmelo.
Post 1000!:clap:

Mudvayne91
06-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Gotta treat Chauncey right, NY.

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 08:27 PM

:facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 08:29 PM

Shouldn't be talking cause the New CBA might have to force Pat Riley to trade one of the big 3!

knicks_champ
06-21-2011, 08:30 PM
I'll do this. Nash is meant for the offense plus he is a expiring.

DerekRE_3
06-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Suns arent this dumb are they?

I don't think it's that dumb honestly. If the Suns want to tank (they should), then make the trade and buy out Billups. I'd want the Knicks to add more than just Billups though. With no Nash running the show, that team does AWFUL, which is exactly what they need. Get high draft picks. Rebuild.

FriedTofuz
06-21-2011, 08:36 PM
I'll do this. Nash is meant for the offense plus he is a expiring.

Yes, but why would phoneix want to do it? Even at his age, Nash is still no doubt a top pg. A lot of people will disagree with me, but I believe he is the best passer in the nba. He may not score as much as westbrook or rose , but he does what every pg should be doing, and thats making others better. Nash makes players better and thats why he won two MVPS, and To be honest, hes still in the conversation of best pgs in the nba.

Hawkeye15
stay on topic please, or this gets closed. Knicks/Suns are the only teams needing to be mentioned. The opening post even says its probably a bogus rumor, so this will be easy to justify closing if you continue to act like 3 year olds

GiantsSwaGG
How am i being a homer, i made no excuse?. heat didnt get embaressed, theyre players just didnt play to their fullest. As for lakers, they did get embaressed.

I wouldn't say the Lakers got embaressed, more like out played. Lakers didn't play to their fullest and for some reason (That I still don't understand till this day) They couldn't guard the 3 ball.

TheRunKiller
06-21-2011, 08:38 PM
Nash Amare Dan'toni no defense didn't work very well with the Suns why do they think its going to work in NY? fail

nystandup
06-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Nash Amare Dan'toni no defense didn't work very well with the Suns why do they think its going to work in NY? fail

As a Knicks fan, I will take a few Conference Finals....

blastmasta26
06-21-2011, 08:41 PM
Lakers era is long gone beat it!
Too many times all I see you say is "beat it" to a fan of another team when they criticize the Knicks. Injuries were the main reason the Knicks got swept, but the reputation that the team has no defense holds some merit. If you're just going to berate others rather than posting anything substantial, what's the point?

blastmasta26
06-21-2011, 08:42 PM
And I would like to see Nash on the Knicks, but having 3 defensive liabilities in the starting lineup is disconcerting to say the least. It's unlikely to happen anyway.

Bubba313
06-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Yes, but why would phoneix want to do it? Even at his age, Nash is still no doubt a top pg. A lot of people will disagree with me, but I believe he is the best passer in the nba. He may not score as much as westbrook or rose , but he does what every pg should be doing, and thats making others better. Nash makes players better and thats why he won two MVPS, and To be honest, hes still in the conversation of best pgs in the nba.

The ONLY way Phoenix would even consider this trade is to let Nash have one more chance at a title, because its not happening with the Suns

Not that its happening with the Knicks, but maybe with Amare and Melo he would have a better chance

LTBaByyy
06-21-2011, 08:46 PM
The Knicks better get both free agents Dalembert and Affalo this summer if they are gonna have Nash Melo and Amare

knicks_champ
06-21-2011, 08:47 PM

I don't care what the Suns think, haha. I'm speaking as a Knick fan point of view.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-21-2011, 08:48 PM

This is very true..

FriedTofuz
06-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Too many times all I see you say is "beat it" to a fan of another team when they criticize the Knicks. Injuries were the main reason the Knicks got swept, but the reputation that the team has no defense holds some merit. If you're just going to berate others rather than posting anything substantial, what's the point?

Who was injured, how long were they out?

numba1CHANGsta
Yes do this trade, Billups will get bought out and then he can sign with the Lakers :D

nystandup
The Knicks better get both free agents Dalembert and Affalo this summer if they are gonna have Nash Melo and Amare

they're not getting Nash but it wouldnt be impossible to get Affalo or Samuel if the CBA is really going up like it is said to.

Knicks21
06-21-2011, 08:52 PM

x2

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Who was injured, how long were they out?

Oh u dont know.. I have a small explanation on page 1 or 2 I believe ? And we should have won game 1 according to the NBA. They missed a clear offensive foul on KG which freed up Rays game winner. But our offensive foul was called the possession b4 on initiated contact on PP.. It's whatever but most people speak on the outcome of our series without knowing the facts

knickfan33
06-21-2011, 08:59 PM
oh i wish.... the site i read this from said knicks were going to have to include young players or future picks. obviously. i would trade a couple future 2's and billups and a heart beat if we can pull it off.

jetman
06-21-2011, 09:00 PM
I'd love to get Nash. He's actually a fit in D'antoni's schemes, and he is still a legit all star. I want to see my team win a ring, and I want Nash to as well, win-win.

AnalyzeNShoot
06-21-2011, 09:00 PM
This deal makes no sense for Suns, Like would would they give their franchise player for Billups. I mean I would love to see nash on a contender by why the suns FO do this???

Knicks should go after felton?? More realistic and already know the system.

meloman1592
06-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Oh u dont know.. I have a small explanation on page 1 or 2 I believe ? And we should have won game 1 according to the NBA. They missed a clear offensive foul on KG which freed up Rays game winner. But our offensive foul was called the possession b4 on initiated contact on PP.. It's whatever but most people speak on the outcome of our series without knowing the facts

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justinnum1
06-21-2011, 09:04 PM

nash, melo and amare is not getting you past the heat

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 09:06 PM
nash, melo and amare is not getting you past the heat

Lebron's 4th quarter might!

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 09:07 PM

I rather have a few championships!:)

justinnum1
06-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Lebron's 4th quarter might!

Ask bulls and celtics fans about elbrons 4th quaters. he choked in the finals but its all good, we will be there several more times over the next 5 years :)

mats13--
06-21-2011, 09:08 PM

about 20mil in extra revenue for the team, and a very positive future for the team. Unlike the knicks they have actually put together a team the proper way, and because of it have a great team that is only getting better. Memphis has a better chance than NY of cracking top four in their conference in the next few years.

meloman1592
06-21-2011, 09:12 PM
I'll take billups over nash right now. Nash really has nothing on him besides passing. Billups is the superior player

sb123
06-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Ask bulls and celtics fans about elbrons 4th quaters. he choked in the finals but its all good, we will be there several more times over the next 5 years :)

It is a dynasty don't ya know!!!!!!!!

What arrogance.

The rest of the NBA is going to stay still and only let the Heat get better.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-21-2011, 09:18 PM
about 20mil in extra revenue for the team, and a very positive future for the team. Unlike the knicks they have actually put together a team the proper way, and because of it have a great team that is only getting better. Memphis has a better chance than NY of cracking top four in their conference in the next few years.

Or maybe you peaked already ??? YOU HAVEN'T resigned Gasol yet. Nobody knows what's gonna happen when Rudy comes back. What's gonna happen with Mayo,Allen,Henry.. It doesn't take much to ruin team chemistry. I enjoyed the Grizzs run but if you think the Knicks are not in the race for top 4 for years to come in our conference then that's illogical. We were a 6 seed with a major shakeup with a new roster. Mia,Boston,Chicago are the three teams that are clear cut in pecking order on paper. With D12 free agency looming Orlando can easily slip . So please explain how Memphis will be in the top 4 in their conference ..

koreancabbage
06-21-2011, 09:33 PM
I'll take billups over nash right now. Nash really has nothing on him besides passing. Billups is the superior player

if Dantoni is back, its clear Nash is the better system player. they're still not going to play defense and with Amare trying to anchor it, the ship is gonna sink (in a defensive perspective of course)

knickfan33
06-21-2011, 09:35 PM
This deal makes no sense for Suns, Like would would they give their franchise player for Billups. I mean I would love to see nash on a contender by why the suns FO do this???

Knicks should go after felton?? More realistic and already know the system.

suns are gonna have to rebuild and nash is old... if they can get a couple of picks and an expiring contract it makes sence.... after all nash's contract is expiring as well, what makes the suns think he is going to stay?

LA_Raiders
06-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Suns Ver 2.0, bring back raja too

Matrix3132
06-21-2011, 09:37 PM

Nash is one of the greatest shooters of all time as well. He doesn't jack up 20 shots a game but that's what makes him great his decision making, shot selection, etc. He's not "just" a better passer

knickfan33
06-21-2011, 09:37 PM
Suns Ver 2.0, bring back raja too

no raja... but barbosa is a FA..lol

koreancabbage
06-21-2011, 09:38 PM
Lmao haslem and miller arent gonna get you anywhere even at 100%. You guys better pray the east doesnt get better, cause I dont see ya'll in the finals next year with that roster. Dont count on a catching big fish either this off season, NObody wants to come to miami and help them win shyt

healthy Miller and Haslem, a performing James Jones will already have beaten any team in the East. It doesn't matter if the East improved or not cuz the Heat are still better than any of the Eastern teams by leaps and bounds.

I don't see Chicago making a major change
i don't see Orlando making a major changes cuz those huge contracts are deadly. The only change is if they trade Howard, and thus signalling their descent into east meddling pack
I don't see Boston getting any better by getting younger- its still gonna be the old big 3 and probably even losing their best secondary big in Glen Davis.

justinnum1
06-21-2011, 09:38 PM
bulls get a SG so rose doesn have to be the only one scoring... they win that series. no one is afraid of the heat.

How they going to get a SG, they trading a key piece of theirs to get that SG?
I hope no one is afraid of the heat, the big 3 are nice guys and the rest are old farts. Hope to face the knicks in the next year in the postseason.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-21-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't see why the Knicks wouldn't make this trade if they really can. Neither would be in the long term plans of the Knicks, so why would age even matter?

mikealike305
06-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Lol is this about heat and bulls or suns and Knicks?

HouRealCoach
06-21-2011, 10:27 PM
This trade is obviously just for this year... I guess they want a high power offense but they wont win a title with either of the two this year so I like it and plus Nash expires after this upcoming year

DoJoTheSlasher
06-21-2011, 10:37 PM

They beat the Spurs and took OKC to 7 as an 8 seed without Rudy Gay.

What did New York do?

TheRunKiller
06-21-2011, 10:39 PM
How they going to get a SG, they trading a key piece of theirs to get that SG?
I hope no one is afraid of the heat, the big 3 are nice guys and the rest are old farts. Hope to face the knicks in the next year in the postseason.

Ever heard of a free agent?

sharqstealth
06-21-2011, 10:51 PM

What did New York do?

Is that the best you can do??? The Knicks got into the finals as an 8th seed! Been there done that!

blastmasta26
06-21-2011, 10:52 PM
Is that the best you can do??? The Knicks got into the finals as an 8th seed! Been there done that!
I think he's talking about this past season...

sunnydayin'zona
06-21-2011, 10:55 PM

I can dream can't I?

Haha, how about Amare and Melo for Carter Pietrus Lopez and Warrick?

I can dream, can't I?

x21x NiNJA x21x
06-21-2011, 10:57 PM
It would be nice to see NY get Steve Nash, he makes all the players around him good. Billups only passes it to Melo n doesn't know where Amare wants the ball to be effective.

Pg- Nash
Sg- Fields
Sf- Melo
Pf- Amare
C-? ? ?

They do have Douglas, maybe could use him as bait n get a BiG

x21x NiNJA x21x
06-21-2011, 11:01 PM
*** Got an idea for NY. If they get Nash, They should draft Biyombo

Pg- Nash
Sg- Fields
Sf- Melo
Pf- Amare
C- Biyombo

6man- Douglas

That team is actually beast

KnicksR4Real
06-21-2011, 11:03 PM

What did New York do?

they suffered from injuries of 2 of their best players.

Deemerc
06-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Knicks fans swear they're team is the best after they got utterly embarrassed in the playoffs. U would think they would stop talk in trash after that embarrassment. Knicks are garbage and they always will be garbage no matter who they got. Carmelo is comin home he's comin home to embarrass himself in front of the world that should be ur theme song.

Gagan136
06-21-2011, 11:05 PM
I hope this trade goes down, so Miami has another team to worry about.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Knicks fans swear they're team is the best after they got utterly embarrassed in the playoffs. U would think they would stop talk in trash after that embarrassment. Knicks are garbage and they always will be garbage no matter who they got. Carmelo is comin home he's comin home to embarrass himself in front of the world that should be ur theme song.
I haven't seen a single Knick fan seriously claim that we are the best. Nice try though.

Deemerc
06-21-2011, 11:08 PM
I haven't seen a single Knick fan seriously claim that we are the best. Nice try though.

U must not live in the tri state area

NYKnicksAllDay
06-21-2011, 11:09 PM

You must be talking to idiots who became fans after the Melo trade. After 10 years of futility, every true Knick fan knows we aren't the best.

allSUAVE
06-21-2011, 11:20 PM

I can dream can't I?

I Would love that deal lol

Deemerc
06-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Listen to sports radio in ny. U will understand what I'm saying

NYtilIdie
06-21-2011, 11:39 PM
I will shoot myself in the foot if this happens.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-21-2011, 11:42 PM
I Would love that deal lol

Hell yeah I would too. I'd rather put Dougie in there instead of Fields though. Too bad it won't happen.

sb123
06-21-2011, 11:43 PM

Dude, you are on crack. No one in the NYC area has said anything like that.

You are crazier than a bag of angel dust.

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 11:43 PM

:facepalm: Rookies!

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 11:47 PM

:facepalm:U must not live in the Tri state area either...Everybody know's We're not even close to being a championship team yet!

Deemerc
06-21-2011, 11:47 PM
I'm a rookie. Did the Knicks get embarrassed? All I heard was how u got Carmelo, people talking bout championships until they stepped on the court and showed the world what they are, and that's losers. I know the truth hurts

sb123
06-21-2011, 11:50 PM
I'm a rookie. Did the Knicks get embarrassed? All I heard was how u got Carmelo, people talking bout championships until they stepped on the court and showed the world what they are, and that's losers. I know the truth hurts

Well last I checked there are quite a few teams (ALL) who look to make player personnel moves to win a Championship.

I guess in NY you can't do that since all of our moves are to get worse and get more lottery picks.

Dude, seriously, angel dust is awful drug. Get off it.

Deemerc
06-21-2011, 11:51 PM
And how can any Knicks fan talk about Memphis u jus look like fools even mentioning Memphis they did a hell of a lot better than the Knicks. Face it u can sign Nash Howard cp3 whoever they will always be losers. Sorry spike lee u wasted a lot of money on watching trash on the court. Should have been a laker fan u would have gotten ur money's worth

Deemerc
06-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Like I said make all the moves u want how did it feel watching ur team lose 4 straight in the playoffs after how long has it been since u been there. Must have been fun

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 11:55 PM

So aren't every team except Mavs loser's too? Plus how did the Knicks get embarassed when 2 of their key players got hurt?

Deemerc
06-21-2011, 11:56 PM
:facepalm:U must not live in the Tri state area either...Everybody know's We're not even close to being a championship team yet!

Yet :facepalm: that's funny

NYKnicksAllDay

Yes we got embarassed. Everyone knows this. No one is denying that. Yeah we were excited we got Carmelo. When's the last time we had two stars together in New York? And I still don't know who you are talking about who was saying we were gonna win championships. Any reasonable fan knows we aren't close to that level yet.

GiantsSwaGG
And how can any Knicks fan talk about Memphis u jus look like fools even mentioning Memphis they did a hell of a lot better than the Knicks. Face it u can sign Nash Howard cp3 whoever they will always be losers. Sorry spike lee u wasted a lot of money on watching trash on the court. Should have been a laker fan u would have gotten ur money's worth

Really I could of sworn they got swept by the Mavs!

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Yet :facepalm: that's funny

:facepalm:Yet your funny!

DrDre94
06-21-2011, 11:57 PM

Seriously dude... just be quiet. You are just writing stereotypical comments that bandwagon fans after the Melo trade would "say". No proof, no nothing, just making bold statements. If you really lived around NY, you would know that 90% (if not more) believe that the Knicks have a good future, but are not there yet. Just the sight of the New Knicks makes everyone so excited for the future, so stop raining on our parade.

It has already been said and I will just reiterate it... THE KNICKS ARE NOT THE BEST TEAM! There, now do you understand?

Besides, what team are you a fan of? Lemme guess... the Heat?

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Like I said make all the moves u want how did it feel watching ur team lose 4 straight in the playoffs after how long has it been since u been there. Must have been fun

:facepalm: Rookie's...Post all the quotes you want, you'll still be know as a rookie/Knick hater. Must have been fun!

Deemerc
06-21-2011, 11:59 PM
[QUOTE=Giants #1 Fan;18321347]:facepalm:

So aren't every team except Mavs loser's too? Plus how did the Knicks get embarassed when 2 of their key players got hurt

Amares soft not my problem gets hurt all the time still not an excuse my man , I mean Memphis won without there star player but that doesn't count only ny gets a pass

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 12:03 AM
[QUOTE=Giants #1 Fan;18321347]:facepalm:

So aren't every team except Mavs loser's too? Plus how did the Knicks get embarassed when 2 of their key players got hurt

Amares soft not my problem gets hurt all the time still not an excuse my man , I mean Memphis won without there star player but that doesn't count only ny gets a pass

KEY WORD "PLAYER" We lose with out our key "PLAYERS"...Take Gay and Randolph off that team, they wouldn't make it past the first round.

But not taking away anything from the Grizz they played their butts off this year in the playoffs!

Deemerc
06-22-2011, 12:04 AM
What I meant was the lakers won championships. Spike lee is jus wasting time and money, I live in Elizabeth nj and I'm from the Bronx don't tell me I don't live in the tri state I heard this talk about the Knicks all season.

DrDre94
06-22-2011, 12:04 AM
^^^ Quote fail rookie.

It is arguable that Memphis plays better w/o Rudy because he requires possessions. After all, the key for Memphis' success was their ball movement.

The Knicks, on the other hand, lost TWO players that are the part of the core of the offense. They are much more important to the Knick's success than Rudy is to Memphis' success.

Nontheless, no credit is lost to the Grizzlies

The Flash
06-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Can't you Knicks Fans be happy that your team is exciting to watch again?

Duncan = Donkey
06-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Yer not going to happen, lol.

Suns FO have already said they are not trading Nash. I know they still could, but a deal revolving arounf Billups, lol.

This rumour is as bad as one can get.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 12:06 AM
What I meant was the lakers won championships. Spike lee is jus wasting time and money, I live in Elizabeth nj and I'm from the Bronx don't tell me I don't live in the tri state I heard this talk about the Knicks all season.

:facepalm: Thats not Tri State area...So you don't live in the Tri State, Probably a Nets fan!

DrDre94
06-22-2011, 12:07 AM
Can't you Knicks Fans be happy that your team is exciting to watch again?

Of course we are all happy that the team is relevant again...

but it doesn't hurt to be a little optimistic?

I'm pretty sure when the Heat lost SHAQ you still had some hope for success

Deemerc
06-22-2011, 12:11 AM
Northern nj is not the tri state area lolololol lol at least the nets were the last to win a championship around here

DrDre94
06-22-2011, 12:12 AM
Northern nj is not the tri state area lolololol lol at least the nets were the last to win a championship around here

You guys are like our little brothers nowadays, so you shouldn't even be talking...

Tell me Net fan, why is it like a home game when the Knicks play at the Nets arena?

theheatles
06-22-2011, 12:12 AM
:facepalm: Thats not Tri State area...So you don't live in the Tri State, Probably a Nets fan!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-State_area_(NY-NJ-CT)
:cool:

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 12:15 AM

:facepalm:How long ago was that? Plus the Knicks were last to win a finals if im not mistaking!

Plus how many win's the nets have their last 2 seasons combine? Compare that with the Knicks win this season. Do the math Rookie!

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 12:16 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tri-State_area_(NY-NJ-CT)
:cool:

Opps:speechless:

Deemerc
06-22-2011, 12:20 AM
Nets were last to win a championship in fact they won the last two do ur research

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Nets were last to win a championship in fact they won the last two do ur research

First off they won their last 2 championships in the ABA.

Second I love how you didn't answer my question about their record for the past 2 seasons....Truth hurts RIGHT?:facepalm:

Deemerc
06-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Should I go on about the Knicks record the past decade , come on man. Oh I forgot aba don't count we should disregard that whole league cus the Knicks weren't in it

Knickfansince97
06-22-2011, 12:33 AM

lol i think he got you there

DeyAce
06-22-2011, 12:38 AM
knicks would give up 120 ppg

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 12:39 AM

True...

gaughan333
06-22-2011, 12:43 AM
Yes we got embarassed. Everyone knows this. No one is denying that. Yeah we were excited we got Carmelo. When's the last time we had two stars together in New York? And I still don't know who you are talking about who was saying we were gonna win championships. Any reasonable fan knows we aren't close to that level yet.

There were definitely knicks fans on this board that were talking about them winning a championship after the melo trade. I do not care enough to go try to find posts, but I do remember seeing them. I'm not saying that reasonable fans have this view, im saying that it was definitely a view that had been expressed by some knicks "fans"

NYKnicksAllDay
06-22-2011, 12:51 AM
There were definitely knicks fans on this board that were talking about them winning a championship after the melo trade. I do not care enough to go try to find posts, but I do remember seeing them. I'm not saying that reasonable fans have this view, im saying that it was definitely a view that had been expressed by some knicks "fans"

Wouldn't be surprising I guess. Are you sure they weren't talking about if we were able to get CP3, too though?

mats13--
06-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Or maybe you peaked already ??? YOU HAVEN'T resigned Gasol yet. Nobody knows what's gonna happen when Rudy comes back. What's gonna happen with Mayo,Allen,Henry.. It doesn't take much to ruin team chemistry. I enjoyed the Grizzs run but if you think the Knicks are not in the race for top 4 for years to come in our conference then that's illogical. We were a 6 seed with a major shakeup with a new roster. Mia,Boston,Chicago are the three teams that are clear cut in pecking order on paper. With D12 free agency looming Orlando can easily slip . So please explain how Memphis will be in the top 4 in their conference ..

First off I am not a Grizzlies fan. Secondly they will sign Gasol, and then will have a core of Mayo Tony Allen Randolph Gasol Conley and Gay (or whoever they trade for him) which has shown to have incredible chemistry and most importantly the team has an incredible coach in Hollins. They may not ever make top 4 due to the overall depth in the Western Conference but they will forsure have more playoff wins than NY in the next four years. As long as NY has Dantoni as coach they will not succeed in the playoffs (probably will keep him around for another two years). And you also forgot about the fact that Atlanta is currently a much better team than NY (and only getting better with a guy like Teague blossoming into a big time player, and Horford slowly turning into an all star) , not to mention that they match up really well with NY. There is also a good chance Dwight will stay in the East and if he goes to a team like the Nets they will be better than NY as well. Combine this with NY's two star players also being extremely soft defensively and I dont think they will be going far in the playoffs any time soon.

schilling
06-22-2011, 12:55 AM

There definitely was. If they weren't, they were sure celebrating as if they would.

MrfadeawayJB
06-22-2011, 01:09 AM

Not saying we have won a championship, because it doesnt mean anything really...just pointing out that defense is crucial for championship teams

If by sloppy seconds you mean Z-BO, i'm sure you miss him a little bit. :cry:

Thank you for being observant

It means nothing.

Exactly. I never said the Grizz were going to win a championship before the knicks, just saying defense is needed

True.

Are you basing your argument on the fact that the Grizzlies played good defense, but they didn't win the championship, therefore it isn't true that defense wins championships?

ONE team wins ... and it's been the team with DEFENSE most the time.
I can agree with this. Grizz def play better D than Knicks, but a balance is needed and NYK need to improve on that end

Exactly what i mean, its mainly Dantoni's rep too. You guys need a better coach than Dantoni. If you keep him, get some very good defensive minds around him or sign some defensive stoppers in the offseason

thanks for the respect!!:)

JPHX
06-22-2011, 01:13 AM
Knicks dont have anything to get steve.

LOOTERX9
06-22-2011, 01:18 AM
Billups is injury proned.. Give me Nash for a year.

MrfadeawayJB
06-22-2011, 01:18 AM

Thats on point.

First off I am not a Grizzlies fan. Secondly they will sign Gasol, and then will have a core of Mayo Tony Allen Randolph Gasol Conley and Gay (or whoever they trade for him) which has shown to have incredible chemistry and most importantly the team has an incredible coach in Hollins. They may not ever make top 4 due to the overall depth in the Western Conference but they will forsure have more playoff wins than NY in the next four years. As long as NY has Dantoni as coach they will not succeed in the playoffs (probably will keep him around for another two years). And you also forgot about the fact that Atlanta is currently a much better team than NY (and only getting better with a guy like Teague blossoming into a big time player, and Horford slowly turning into an all star) , not to mention that they match up really well with NY. There is also a good chance Dwight will stay in the East and if he goes to a team like the Nets they will be better than NY as well. Combine this with NY's two star players also being extremely soft defensively and I dont think they will be going far in the playoffs any time soon.

thats what i should have said on my second post in this thread. Not knocking the knicks, but they dont have the peices or coach to put it together on the defensive end. Sure if the had nash they may score 110 a game, but it doesnt matter if they give up 120

Yankees Suck
06-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Chauncey Billups = Sucks and Steve Nash = Good. There is no reason for Nash to be traded.

JPHX
06-22-2011, 02:05 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2bx6aoq

Plus 1st rounders every other year for the next 10 years.

BallIsAll
06-22-2011, 02:11 AM
Chauncey Billups = Sucks and Steve Nash = Good. There is no reason for Nash to be traded.

if you really think billups sucks your not watching the nba.

without billups, melo wouldnt have tasted the WCF.

I agree though nash is better

NetsPaint
06-22-2011, 02:14 AM
Billups is injury proned.. Give me Nash for a year.
Billups isn't injury prone

NYKnicksAllDay
06-22-2011, 02:28 AM
Billups isn't injury prone

I know. Two freak injuries and now he's injury prone.

Kashmir13579
06-22-2011, 03:02 AM
Suns have no real incentive to get this done. Unless they see potential in Fields or Douglas.

TylerSL
06-22-2011, 05:52 AM
why? Are the Knicks really going to let the themselves become Suns 2.0?

GreekFreak
06-22-2011, 05:58 AM
I'm confused why either team does this. I guess Nash and Amare have chemistry but doesn't this make them worse defensively. What is wrong with Billups on that team it's not like Nash gives them a young option. From the Suns point of view why give up the face of your franchise for Billups.

sharqstealth
06-22-2011, 06:08 AM
why? Are the Knicks really going to let the Knicks become Suns 2.0?

The Knicks are never going to be the Suns 2.0 beacuse they have Carmelo. They're only going to be the Suns 2.0 and better.

The Suns with D'Antoni, Amare, and Nash made it to the Western Conference Finals twice. Imagine if they had Anthony on that team as well?

Duncan = Donkey
06-22-2011, 06:18 AM
The Knicks are never going to be the Suns 2.0 beacuse they have Carmelo. They're only going to be the Suns 2.0 and better.

The Suns with D'Antoni, Amare, and Nash made it to the Western Conference Finals twice. Imagine if they had Anthony on that team as well?

I dont see how Carmelo helps us that much that year. Scoring was never a problem, that team sure as hell did not need Carmelo at all, Defensive Rebounding was always the problem for that aquad.

Also, lol at this current knicks squad even with Nash being better than the Suns SSOL teams. never in a million years.

skitha67
06-22-2011, 06:21 AM
Not a big deal...they r both at their crossroads in their careers...bill ups for CP3 be would be more like it...

ne3xchamps
06-22-2011, 07:15 AM

this.

Quietmoney
06-22-2011, 08:35 AM
For all the suns fans, you guys will be lucky if you even have a team to root for in a few years. Things are not looking good over there at all. Don't worry about my knicks.... We're headed in the right direction and that's all that matters to me. We got stars, your gonna need some to win anything in this league. Dallas did it with just Dirk as the star but he was the biggest mismatch on the court even with the miami big three out there. So don't tell me about how Melo and Amareon the knicks means nothing. And I'll tell you this.... With steve nash over here, the knicks are going to the conference finals at the least. No one will stop them on the east coast. Do you have any idea how many finals the suns would have been in if they played in the east?? It's a good move for nash and he should ask for the trade.

allSUAVE
06-22-2011, 08:39 AM
lol^ wow

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2011, 09:18 AM
wow we got off topic a little? Knicks had injures we werent beating the Cs anyway, for this trade I think nash makes us better. We would have a version of the suns but Melo is betetr then marion ever was lol. I think we would have a shot to beat the elite teams like the heat chiago and the celtics. it would make us better for the short run but we would need a quick fix after next year or at best another year after.

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Check the forum I ain't the only one speaking the truth, how does Melos nuts taste cus they been in ur mouth quite a lot thesevdays

Damn You sound like a child, think before you write. Are you mad because the knicks future is starting to look better then the last 10 years? Its ok

strahan92osi72
06-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Check the forum I ain't the only one speaking the truth, how does Melos nuts taste cus they been in ur mouth quite a lot thesevdays

You're even more of an epic failure than your sorry team. Yeah the truth hurts about the Knicks past ten years, but the truth is gonna hurt for you NJ Nut fans even more the next ten years, probably even more. You guys are gonna be lucky to get 30 wins every year in the Prokfailov era and more than that. Your franchise is a joke, so much to the point that you had to gut your assets to get Williams when he ain't staying anyway. LOL you lost on Melo so you tried to save face anyway you can, I can't wait til Williams bolts to the Lakers or Magic to team up with Howard or Kobe. You embarassed yourselves chasing Melo and now that you didn't get him he's garbage. Meanwhile if you did get him, his nuts would be in your mouth too. And you tryin to go to Brooklyn just because you desperately need some kind of attention. I also loved when the Knicks played at your court and won and you heard the crowd reaction, wow I thought it was Madison Square Garden for a second that night, I mean those two nights. Knicks are much closer to a Championship than your sorry franchise, and I know THAT truth hurts.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-22-2011, 09:30 AM
You're back tracking already... Your opinion does not equal fact. The Knicks still have cap space next season and has become an attractive place to play again. Atlanta hasn't resigned Crawford who is a major reason for their success. I won't argue with you bcuz you obviously have a problem with the Knicks. If your around next season we will see who is right. 1 good or bad playoff run doesn't mean squat.

strahan92osi72
06-22-2011, 09:35 AM
I don't want Nash anyway, why get older? Keep Billups and use his expiring as a trade chip at the deadline.

uprightciti
06-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Billups fields 17 for nash and 13 nash and jimmer mle big man buy a second rounder
Down!

strahan92osi72
06-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Billups fields 17 for nash and 13 nash and jimmer mle big man buy a second rounder
Down!

Now THIS I like.

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2011, 09:45 AM
Down!

we can dream right?

xxplayerxx23
06-22-2011, 09:48 AM
Billups fields 17 for nash and 13 nash and klay mle big man buy a second rounder
Down!

fixed lol

mats13--
06-22-2011, 09:51 AM
You're back tracking already... Your opinion does not equal fact. The Knicks still have cap space next season and has become an attractive place to play again. Atlanta hasn't resigned Crawford who is a major reason for their success. I won't argue with you bcuz you obviously have a problem with the Knicks. If your around next season we will see who is right. 1 good or bad playoff run doesn't mean squat.

I dont have a problem with the knicks I have a problem with knicks fans (not as bad as heat fans because atleast you guys kind of know what your talking about). But if your telling me you think a core built around amare and carmelo will ever be more effective than horford, johnson, smith, and teague then you just dont know basktball. I dont care if you bring in Steve Nash, or any other All star (other than Chris Paul), you guys are just simply to soft and Amare and Carmelo dont have the defensive intensity to win in the playoffs (Bosh's poor defense alone was enough to loose Miami, and it would be the same with Amare). I am a Raptors fan, and I honestly beleive the Raps with our new DEFENSIVE MINDED COACH and through rebuilding the right way and developing a strong young core like we have been doing will be a better team than the Knicks in 3-5 years.

nycsports2
06-22-2011, 10:03 AM

knicks would stomp the grizzlies easily imo... not cuz im a knicks fan i just think the grizz arent as good as it seemed good run but thats it for them

nycsports2
06-22-2011, 10:04 AM
btw id love to have nash on the knicks

metsfanssince05
06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
haters gunna hate... All I gotta say, we finally got our 2 super star player and playoff spot. I dont get why people take this so seriously..

mats13--
06-22-2011, 10:09 AM
knicks would stomp the grizzlies easily imo... not cuz im a knicks fan i just think the grizz arent as good as it seemed good run but thats it for them

in a playoff series not a chance, gasol and randolph would absolutely tear up NY's soft big men, and Memphis team D really just has to key in on amare and carmelo. Combine this with Memphis having a tough defensive minded coach, and Dantoni instituting a style of play that has largely been unsucesful in the playoffs, and I dont even think it would be six game series. Memphis in five, if Amare gets hurt (after banging with Randolph and Gasol for a few games) then its a sweep.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 10:16 AM

:facepalm:Rookies

Do you have anything better to do?

Right now your posts are looking more and more pathetic. I know your mad Knicks are better then the Nets (Trust Hurts) but get over it and worry about the Nets since you hopped on their bandwagon rookie.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-22-2011, 10:26 AM
I dont have a problem with the knicks I have a problem with knicks fans (not as bad as heat fans because atleast you guys kind of know what your talking about). But if your telling me you think a core built around amare and carmelo will ever be more effective than horford, johnson, smith, and teague then you just dont know basktball. I dont care if you bring in Steve Nash, or any other All star (other than Chris Paul), you guys are just simply to soft and Amare and Carmelo dont have the defensive intensity to win in the playoffs (Bosh's poor defense alone was enough to loose Miami, and it would be the same with Amare). I am a Raptors fan, and I honestly beleive the Raps with our new DEFENSIVE MINDED COACH and through rebuilding the right way and developing a strong young core like we have been doing will be a better team than the Knicks in 3-5 years.

Lol, are u kidding..ATL is barely better than us now with all the holes on our roster. The addition of KH is what makes them better not Teague . And u preach defense but to win a chip u need both!!!! Ask the Heat.. All of Lebrons teams played great D and haven't won squat. It's a blend of both my friend. And as far as the Raps u can have all the defensive mind set u want. Bargs is soft. Calderon and Bayless play no D. So how exactly do u plan on becoming a better defensive team. Amare and Melo are light years better than any1 on your roster. So how do plan on being better than us in 3 to 5. Ive been watching ball for years. The old KNICK teams that had crazy defense. No rings either. You need both so I don't wanna hear the Dantoni excuse. Mike Brown no rings. Van Gundy no rings. So let's not play that game. All the great defensive teams had a potent offense 9 outta 10 times that won the chip

oak2455
06-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Are we really going hard after Nash.... and what's with the Grizzlie fans and Net fan? They're funny

Da Knicks
06-22-2011, 10:45 AM
I think the suns pull this if the knicks trade Fields along with Billups, but i also think G. Hill follows Nash to New York if this happens. As for the Nets fan in here, take it easy brah you have being talking to DOMEFAVORS for too long!!!

Punk
06-22-2011, 11:02 AM

Dude, really?

The Grizzlies had an amazing run. We had a non-healthy team.

We have 2 titles in our franchise, they do not. Period.

There is no reason to make stupid jokes about a Nash for Billups trade. Half of this board was pushing for Nash to NY trade months ago.

mats13--
06-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Lol, are u kidding..ATL is barely better than us now with all the holes on our roster. The addition of KH is what makes them better not Teague . And u preach defense but to win a chip u need both!!!! Ask the Heat.. All of Lebrons teams played great D and haven't won squat. It's a blend of both my friend. And as far as the Raps u can have all the defensive mind set u want. Bargs is soft. Calderon and Bayless play no D. So how exactly do u plan on becoming a better defensive team. Amare and Melo are light years better than any1 on your roster. So how do plan on being better than us in 3 to 5. Ive been watching ball for years. The old KNICK teams that had crazy defense. No rings either. You need both so I don't wanna hear the Dantoni excuse. Mike Brown no rings. Van Gundy no rings. So let's not play that game. All the great defensive teams had a potent offense 9 outta 10 times that won the chip

yes you are rite thankyou for proving my point, you need BOTH. And your team only has offense. I laugh when knicks fans say oh lets sign a defensive minded center; an individual player cant turn a horrible defensive team into a good one, people think Chandler alone was Dallas's defense, but he was just the piece to put them over the top. And when your team is built around Carmelo and Amare, your going to need Chandler, Tony Allen, Battie and about three other defensive specialists, just to make up for the defficiencies on the defensive end.

mrblisterdundee
06-22-2011, 11:34 AM
I repeat: the Knicks will never win a championship as long as Mike D'Antoni is coach. I can picture him in his bed right now, in a deep nightmare, subconsciously screaming "offense! offense! offense! Dammit, Chauncey, stop playing defense! I said offense!"

MCSJR2
06-22-2011, 11:39 AM
trade Billups for Paul not Nash...trading for Nash doesn't make sense

PurpleJesus
06-22-2011, 11:40 AM

haha, and you guys have the Heat's sloppy seconds.

PurpleJesus
06-22-2011, 11:41 AM

Cause trading Billups for Paul makes sense for NOH?

tyfreaks brotha
06-22-2011, 11:56 AM
is phoenix going to have a team next year?

I can dream can't I?

Thats actually closer if you throw in TD, take out Gortat and get the 13th.

Nash
13th
Melo
A'mare
Turiaf

Dankster
06-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Reading some of these posts is just mind blowing. First off, the Knicks will become an exponentially inferior defensive team by making a Billups-Nash swap?? I didn't know Chauncey was such a defensive stalwart--he could've fooled me ever since he got to Gotham. Anybody with even above average speed could blow past him; he's an average on ball defender--nothing more and nothing less.

Nash however led the league last year in assists and hasn't really dropped off as far as playmaking ability and scoring goes since his MVP years. He's a better shooter than Chauncey- in fact he's one of the greatest shooters of all time and would obviously thrive greatly back in Mike D's system. I can't even imagine how easier and fluid everything would be for our superstars if Nash found his way to NYC. It would be a big problem for a lot of teams....

JayAllDay
06-22-2011, 12:04 PM

They failed just a bit less harder than the Knicks

THE GIPPER
06-22-2011, 12:14 PM
knicks offense would be unreal, and if they could somehow get their hands on a very good defensive/shotblocking center then they could be a very scary team

Heater4life
06-22-2011, 12:27 PM
I hope it happens. Would love a Chauncey buy-out.

The only way this makes sense for the Suns is just to free up money. Technically their in rebuilding mode. They just want to juice Nash till the end, but they dont have a roster anywhere near competing

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 12:28 PM
I hope it happens. Would love a Chauncey buy-out.

The only way this makes sense for the Suns is just to free up money. Technically their in rebuilding mode. They just want to juice Nash till the end, but they dont have a roster anywhere near competing

With the new CBA you guys might not be able to afford him.

nycsports2
06-22-2011, 12:29 PM
in a playoff series not a chance, gasol and randolph would absolutely tear up NY's soft big men, and Memphis team D really just has to key in on amare and carmelo. Combine this with Memphis having a tough defensive minded coach, and Dantoni instituting a style of play that has largely been unsucesful in the playoffs, and I dont even think it would be six game series. Memphis in five, if Amare gets hurt (after banging with Randolph and Gasol for a few games) then its a sweep.

a got amare and melo both having field days on them

nycsports2
06-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Reading some of these posts is just mind blowing. First off, the Knicks will become an exponentially inferior defensive team by making a Billups-Nash swap?? I didn't know Chauncey was such a defensive stalwart--he could've fooled me ever since he got to Gotham. Anybody with even above average speed could blow past him; he's an average on ball defender--nothing more and nothing less.

Nash however led the league last year in assists and hasn't really dropped off as far as playmaking ability and scoring goes since his MVP years. He's a better shooter than Chauncey- in fact he's one of the greatest shooters of all time and would obviously thrive greatly back in Mike D's system. I can't even imagine how easier and fluid everything would be for our superstars if Nash found his way to NYC. It would be a big problem for a lot of teams....

championship contender for sure but imo knicks already are(even thoug i hate dantoni stlye)

Heater4life
06-22-2011, 12:34 PM
With the new CBA you guys might not be able to afford him.

Possibly. But sense neither of us know whats coming, I would love that scenario to play out.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Possibly. But sense neither of us know whats coming, I would love that scenario to play out.

I gotta pray it works out because if they do come down with a Hard Cap, you won't be able to afford the big 3...which means teams like the Knicks, Heat etc are screwed!

AddiX
06-22-2011, 12:57 PM
After all these years my fellow knick fans still think we can get something for nothing.:facepalm:

Seriously guys, steve Nash? Come on man....

MrfadeawayJB
06-22-2011, 12:58 PM

No way the knicks beat the grizz in a 7 game series last season

Dude, really?

The Grizzlies had an amazing run. We had a non-healthy team.
We have 2 titles in our franchise, they do not. Period.

There is no reason to make stupid jokes about a Nash for Billups trade. Half of this board was pushing for Nash to NY trade months ago.

That is true. No team was completly healthy, Grizz had no Rudy Gay, Dallas had no Butler, etc...

I repeat: the Knicks will never win a championship as long as Mike D'Antoni is coach. I can picture him in his bed right now, in a deep nightmare, subconsciously screaming "offense! offense! offense! Dammit, Chauncey, stop playing defense! I said offense!"

lol and i agree

championship contender for sure but imo knicks already are(even thoug i hate dantoni stlye)

You cant be serious :facepalm: . Now i know my grizz are not too close either but we are 1-2 roster spots away from it, shoot we were one game from being in the WCF. (against a dallas team we dominated in reg season), the knicks are on the right path, but must solve their inferiority on the defensive end. Amare and Melo need to buy in for the team to succeed

mats13--
06-22-2011, 01:01 PM
a got amare and melo both having field days on them

hahahaha, in the regular season sure why not who cares, but come playoff time after a year of amare and carmelo carrying the team and playing through injuries they would be soft a and weak in playoffs and Memphis defense would handle them physically. Come playoff time id rather have Randolph over Amare easily!!! U knicks fans really put a smile on my face, so happy two have these two all stars yet it means nothing. I am willing to guarentee the Knicks not only dont make it to the finals but dont make it to the eastern conference finals as long as they have a team built around carmelo and stoudamire.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-22-2011, 01:11 PM

So 7 playoff wins was the Grizzlies ultimate goal this season? :clap: Very successful

Yankees Suck
06-22-2011, 01:44 PM
For all the suns fans, you guys will be lucky if you even have a team to root for in a few years. Things are not looking good over there at all. Don't worry about my knicks.... We're headed in the right direction and that's all that matters to me. We got stars, your gonna need some to win anything in this league. Dallas did it with just Dirk as the star but he was the biggest mismatch on the court even with the miami big three out there. So don't tell me about how Melo and Amareon the knicks means nothing. And I'll tell you this.... With steve nash over here, the knicks are going to the conference finals at the least. No one will stop them on the east coast. Do you have any idea how many finals the suns would have been in if they played in the east?? It's a good move for nash and he should ask for the trade.

^:drunk:

Heater4life
06-22-2011, 01:56 PM
I gotta pray it works out because if they do come down with a Hard Cap, you won't be able to afford the big 3...which means teams like the Knicks, Heat etc are screwed!

Not really brah. Im not going to start an off topic debate but there 15th and 16th in payroll respectivly. The Magic, Lakers, Mavs, Celtics need to worry about that more than we do.

Sly Guy
06-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I was wondering when D'antoni realized he's not a good coach, he's just a backseat driver in a Nash automobile. One.Season.

mats13--
06-22-2011, 02:11 PM
So 7 playoff wins was the Grizzlies ultimate goal this season? :clap: Very successful

haha i guarentee if the knicks had beat the spurs (obviously in different conferences, just theoretically speaking) knicks fans would be extactic, yet when Memphis does they go whats the difference between winning two series and nothing at all.............the answer to that is league wide respect, huge expectations for the coming years which will motivate the team to get better, and 20-30mil in extra revenue. Dumb knicks fans dont know anything, you truly are an arrogant bunch.

funkybudda
06-22-2011, 02:12 PM

lol, MrfadeawayJB got WTFPWNED.

Yankees Suck
06-22-2011, 02:17 PM
lol, MrfadeawayJB got WTFPWNED.

:facepalm::down::bs::puke:

DoMeFavors
06-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Celtics should trade Rondo and some others for Nash

Nash
Allen
Pierce
KG
Oneal

nycsports2
06-22-2011, 02:25 PM
hahahaha, in the regular season sure why not who cares, but come playoff time after a year of amare and carmelo carrying the team and playing through injuries they would be soft a and weak in playoffs and Memphis defense would handle them physically. Come playoff time id rather have Randolph over Amare easily!!! U knicks fans really put a smile on my face, so happy two have these two all stars yet it means nothing. I am willing to guarentee the Knicks not only dont make it to the finals but dont make it to the eastern conference finals as long as they have a team built around carmelo and stoudamire.

LOOTERX9
06-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Well NY would be better for 1 year with nash over bilups but don't trade too much for a 1 year player when cp3 will be available during middle of season and 2012

LOOTERX9
06-22-2011, 02:32 PM

Im a knick fan but I actually agree with Randolph over Amare. He's just a more overall better player especially with Amare losing his physical explosiveness. I would try and trade amare for howard before he gets even more injured and limp.

DoMeFavors
06-22-2011, 02:37 PM
im a knick fan but i actually agree with randolph over amare. He's just a more overall better player especially with amare losing his physical explosiveness. I would try and trade amare for howard before he gets even more injured and limp.

why?

nycsports2
06-22-2011, 02:39 PM
Im a knick fan but I actually agree with Randolph over Amare. He's just a more overall better player especially with Amare losing his physical explosiveness. I would try and trade amare for howard before he gets even more injured and limp.

ur on dope

LOOTERX9
06-22-2011, 02:43 PM
ur on dope

Amare is on his last legs, his eyes are damaged and now his back is damaged. Amare has turned into a good jump shooter and nothing else. Give me Howard any day of the week over amare.

Bubba313
06-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Amare is on his last legs, his eyes are damaged and now his back is damaged. Amare has turned into a good jump shooter and nothing else. Give me Howard any day of the week over amare.

Damaged? lol

Eyes are fine, he had surgery and now wears a mask so he no longer can be hindered by that

Back is not damaged.. he had spasms just like everyone in the world has. No big deal, he was clearly overworked last season and fatigue most likely played a contributing factor

I understand his knees are messed up, but I haven't seen anything to make me worried yet so I'm not going to

Obviously Howard is better, but who is he not better in the NBA besides Lebron?

Gary Reasons
06-22-2011, 03:26 PM
if knicks want Suns players how about getting Shawn Marion for the bench

LOOTERX9
06-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Damaged? lol

Eyes are fine, he had surgery and now wears a mask so he no longer can be hindered by that

Back is not damaged.. he had spasms just like everyone in the world has. No big deal, he was clearly overworked last season and fatigue most likely played a contributing factor

I understand his knees are messed up, but I haven't seen anything to make me worried yet so I'm not going toObviously Howard is better, but who is he not better in the NBA besides Lebron?

Amare has no real burst of athleticism the way he did in phoenix. No great lift off when he tries to dunk. There is a major decline in explosiveness due to his bad knees. And I heard the other day that his back is still hurting a bit. TRADE AMARE NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. The writing is on the wall..

knickfan33
06-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Amare has no real burst of athleticism the way he did in phoenix. No great lift off when he tries to dunk. There is a major decline in explosiveness due to his bad knees. And I heard the other day that his back is still hurting a bit. TRADE AMARE NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE. The writing is on the wall..

this guy obviously has not watched basketball for the last two years. amare has torn it up for the last two seasons... after the surgery. his two best seasons. lmao at his back being damaged cause he got spasms...lol...

amare is the most explosive PF in the league hands down. unguardable!

knickfan33
06-22-2011, 03:47 PM

nash is still the best true PG in the leaugue. ha ha... billups for paul?? really? you think that can happen...??? please stop speaking.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-22-2011, 03:55 PM
this guy obviously has not watched basketball for the last two years. amare has torn it up for the last two seasons... after the surgery. his two best seasons. lmao at his back being damaged cause he got spasms...lol...

Well all he ever says is "FIRE D'ANTONI!!!! TRADE AMAR'E!!!"

faze38
06-22-2011, 04:28 PM
It would be classey of the Suns to give Nash another shot or 2 to get a ring the man deserves it he is a class act. For all the Knicks hater we will see what happens next year because honestly the only fans that have a right to talk right now are th Mavs fans because everyone else was either 1st place loser or just another 1 of the 29 teams that will watch the Mavs get their rings next year nobody remembers second place ladies and gentlman and 5 place wont even be nothing but a whisper in the Mavs run!

dtmagnet
06-22-2011, 05:00 PM
If the Suns want to trade Nash they can get a lot more than Chauncey Billups.

babyang04
06-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Tommy Dee: just talked to a trusted source with ties to West conference team who said nash to NY is "heating up" #staytuned Twitter

AddiX
06-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Tommy Dee: just talked to a trusted source with ties to West conference team who said nash to NY is "heating up" #staytuned Twitter

Every year since mike has been here Nash has been rumored to come to ny.

And Tommy dee doesn't have any sources, he prob just trying to up his twitter follow count.

knicks=love
06-22-2011, 06:05 PM

and the grizzlies will? :shrug:

Knicks21
06-22-2011, 06:08 PM

Amare has one of the quickest first steps in the NBA, especially for his height. He aint slowing down and he happened to have his best season last season.

THE GIPPER
06-22-2011, 06:18 PM

So what your saying is Amare is more explosive than Blake Griffin?

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 06:18 PM

:facepalm:@ the source!

DR_1
06-22-2011, 06:41 PM
This doesn't make sense, both are on one year deals, so I would think the Suns would want more than just Billups.

NYsFinest
06-22-2011, 06:52 PM
This doesn't make sense, both are on one year deals, so I would think the Suns would want more than just Billups.

If this happens probably either Douglas or Fields will be added. Since Nash only has a year left in Phoenix anyway might as well get a nice young role player that will help in rebuilding for him. Not sure if I like the Knicks making a move for Nash though, would much rather have them try Fields for Robin Lopez instead.

Dankster
06-22-2011, 06:55 PM

You should watch Amare Stoudemire play more. He's a pretty athletic guy still...And those injuries of concern (aside from the back spasms) have been dealt with years ago. Here's some video of him this year, looks pretty athletic to me with a decent vertical :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TNJMyeCTC8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoQtHp5oB-I

Not bad for a guy with bad legs who can't see at all....I will say though he should attack the paint a lot more- he's virtually unstoppable when he gets in there as far as either scoring or getting fouled. He has an excellent jump shot out to 18-20 feet, probably the best for any big in the league not named Dirk, but I'd still rather see him drive the ball in a lot more than settling for J's...

vantroi775
06-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Fans are so effin stupid. Did I Really just read that some Knicks fans consider billups a better player than Steve Nash? Trade fields for Lopez? Really? Everyone in the league does not have the same man-crush that ya have on fields.

NYsFinest
06-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Fans are so effin stupid. Did I Really just read that some Knicks fans consider billups a better player than Steve Nash? Trade fields for Lopez? Really? Everyone in the league does not have the same man-crush that ya have on fields.

Fields and Robin are both role players... what has Lopez done that validates him being worth a lot on the market. Only reason I want this trade is Knicks need a C and Robin is somehwat competent (barely) at that position. Suns already have a MUCH better center and could use a nice young role player at the wing much more than Lopez.

allSUAVE
06-22-2011, 07:06 PM

this guy right here :facepalm:

I Would never trade fields for Lopez.

Lopez is a player you could find in the D.League .

and Nash is pretty equal to Billups
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=billuch01&y1=2011&p2=nashst01&y2=2011

flii27kiid
06-22-2011, 07:25 PM
So what your saying is Amare is more explosive than Blake Griffin?

yes amare is more explosive than blake griffin the reason why is bcuz amare dont need ppl to throw alleys to him to be explosive or run on the break blake dont have any explosiveness on one on one and thats where amare really dominate others pfs

Punk
06-22-2011, 08:14 PM
What the hell is wrong with everyone in this thread? 230 posts of pure junk. Knicks fans get picked on for little to no reason.

-Billups is not better than Nash obviously but he still has 1 ring and a Finals MVP. He's a better defender and certainly a better overall mentor to a young player. I know Nash is too.

-It's not a realistic trade whatsoever. Why the hell is everyone taking it seriously and finding it as a way to hate the Knicks? It makes you look pathetic.

-I do not want Lopez or Childress for "the right price" Lopez is a rotational big. Nothing more.

-Amare USED to be more explosive than Griffin. Amare still is explosive when he wants to be. Griffin will eventually stop his explosiveness when he develops his game where he doesn't need to dunk on people to get points or to the free throw line.

vantroi775
06-22-2011, 08:28 PM
this guy right here :facepalm:

I Would never trade fields for Lopez.

Lopez is a player you could find in the D.League .

and Nash is pretty equal to Billups
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=billuch01&y1=2011&p2=nashst01&y2=2011

Lol you're a complete idiot. Fields is the type of player you can find in th D league. A husttle wing with no real skill. An average 7 footer has more value than an average wing. Lopez can actually start on a lot of teams just because there aren't that many good centers. His 7 foot presence itself has more value than anything fields offers.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Lol you're a complete idiot. Fields is the type of player you can find in th D league. A husttle wing with no real skill. An average 7 footer has more value than an average wing. Lopez can actually start on a lot of teams just because there aren't that many good centers. His 7 foot presence itself has more value than anything fields offers.

:facepalm: Just because he's 7 foot doesn't mean he'll start for every team. Dude barely played in Phx. Do you know how many 7 footers are in the league and don't get any burn!

vantroi775
06-22-2011, 08:37 PM
:facepalm: Just because he's 7 foot doesn't mean he'll start for every team. Dude barely played in Phx. Do you know how many 7 footers are in the league and don't get any burn!

I didn't say he can start in EVERY team, but he can start in more than a handful. For example... Your beloved Knicks. The heat and Raptors also come to mind.

GiantsSwaGG
06-22-2011, 08:51 PM
I didn't say he can start in EVERY team, but he can start in more than a handful. For example... Your beloved Knicks. The heat and Raptors also come to mind.

Oh, personally I don't think he could start for the Knicks. He's a role player at best. We need a starting caliber Center Not a bench player starting at Center. We already have that in Turiaf!

vantroi775
06-22-2011, 08:59 PM
Oh, personally I don't think he could start for the Knicks. He's a role player at best. We need a starting caliber Center Not a bench player starting at Center. We already have that in Turiaf!

Well that is also the preference of a number of teams. My point is that in the case of these teams (like the KNICKS), Lopez would be the starter if he was on yptheir roster. There just aren't that many TRUE centers to go around and Lopez is one of them. Getting back to my point, I could name you more players that are comperable to Fields than there are teams.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-22-2011, 09:03 PM

Slam magazine disagrees with that statement. Read the issue with Austin Rivers and youll find the man with no explosiveness punching it on 2 Celtics at once. Lebron, Griffin and many others half felt the wrath of a man with bad knees. Amare isn't going anywhere so get over it. BE THANKFUL HE CAME or we'd have no Melo and no hope for the next few years

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-22-2011, 09:08 PM
Well that is also the preference of a number of teams. My point is that in the case of these teams (like the KNICKS), Lopez would be the starter if he was on yptheir roster. There just aren't that many TRUE centers to go around and Lopez is one of them. Getting back to my point, I could name you more players that are comperable to Fields than there are teams.

Fields at 38 was more valuable than most of last years draft class. A high Iq glue guy that just needs to work on a consistent jumpshot is valuable. He is still a good player regardless of how you slice it. Solid but not spectacular is fine with us.

ghettosean
06-22-2011, 09:10 PM
yes amare is more explosive than blake griffin the reason why is bcuz amare dont need ppl to throw alleys to him to be explosive or run on the break blake dont have any explosiveness on one on one and thats where amare really dominate others pfs
I'm a fan of Amare and Blake but I'll have to say your wrong about Griffin.... Here's a top 10 of him (in november). #6 going down he pretty much creates his own dunk and #6 he made Amare look kind of silly!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gG4W0L41FI

Oh and I'm not saying who is better I'm just saying Blake doesn't need a pass to the rim to get it done!

vantroi775
06-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Fields at 38 was more valuable than most of last years draft class. A high Iq glue guy that just needs to work on a consistent jumpshot is valuable. He is still a good player regardless of how you slice it. Solid but not spectacular is fine with us.

Lol ya have no choice... Nobody else wants him.

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-22-2011, 09:22 PM
Lol ya have no choice... Nobody else wants him.

Whatever makes u sleep good at night.. Just like nobody wanted Gil Arenas... There is a market for every player. He was All NBA and playing like a MVP candidate all the way thru mid season. Ur hate is illogical. Another new poster trying to make a name by bashing without logical substance. how original:eyebrow:

PlezPlayDKnicks
06-22-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm a fan of Amare and Blake but I'll have to say your wrong about Griffin.... Here's a top 10 of him (in november). #6 going down he pretty much creates his own dunk and #6 he made Amare look kind of silly!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gG4W0L41FI

Oh and I'm not saying who is better I'm just saying Blake doesn't need a pass to the rim to get it done!

And I'm not getting at you but we won that game and Amare put up a beastly stat line as well. NOT to mention Amare also posterized Blake and Cook on the same play. I like Blake and he is more explosive than Amare. Isn't he supposed to be tho?

vantroi775
06-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Whatever makes u sleep good at night.. Just like nobody wanted Gil Arenas... There is a market for every player. He was All NBA and playing like a MVP candidate all the way thru mid season. Ur hate is illogical. Another new poster trying to make a name by bashing without logical substance. how original:eyebrow:

Lol that's a stupid argument. Who did arenas get trade for again?.. Exactly!

Punk
06-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Why the hell is anyone arguing with this troll. Fields has a ton of value. Anyone that out rebounds Wade, Bryant and some of the best Guards in the NBA while shooting a high percentage and doing the little things, that speaks volumes.

Duncan = Donkey
06-22-2011, 10:11 PM
I think the suns pull this if the knicks trade Fields along with Billups, but i also think G. Hill follows Nash to New York if this happens. As for the Nets fan in here, take it easy brah you have being talking to DOMEFAVORS for too long!!!

Yot are living in a fantasy land, if you think the suns are trading their best player who the fans love, for a role player and a washed up chauncy billups.

vantroi775
06-22-2011, 10:12 PM

Also, he was NEVER EVER EVER an MVP candidate and if you think I care about making a name for myself, look at my join date and post count (which went up like 30 percent because of this convo). My point is, you're an idiot and so are all you delusional Fields fanboys.

Punk
06-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Yot are living in a fantasy land, if you think the suns are trading their best player who the fans love, for a role player and a washed up chauncy billups.

....I'm pretty sure Fields for Lopez is not living in fantasy land. Nobody cares about getting Nash. Only Knick fans that are obsessed with name value are interested.

Duncan = Donkey
06-22-2011, 10:22 PM
....I'm pretty sure Fields for Lopez is not living in fantasy land. Nobody cares about getting Nash. Only Knick fans that are obsessed with name value are interested.

I know Fields for Lopez is not fantasy land talk (I never even said anything remotley close to that:confused:), but Nash for Billups and Fields def is.

KB24PG16
06-22-2011, 10:27 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/Chris_Broussard/status/83720937555501056

No chance S Nash goes to NYK or Minny....Ray Felton to Sac for No. 7 a possibility....