PDA

View Full Version : Pacers offering hibbert, their # 15 pick , for the #2 pick?

FriedTofuz
06-21-2011, 03:58 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Au8F1Qszi6PZxxVlYpgEASW8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_josh_smith_hawks_nba_draft_062011

The Indiana Pacers have discussed a trade package including center Roy Hibbert and the 15th pick for the Minnesota Timberwolves’ second overall pick, league sources said.

Indiana would draft Derrick Williams should a trade be consummated.

There has been quite a lot of interest in this pick. Many have been claiming this draft is weak, but these" weak " players, are attracting a lot of attention.

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Niceeee, Hibbert is being dangled. I would Love my 76ers to get involved with this.

haggis
06-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Shocking.

I thought Hibbert turned into a great young building block for them. They should be trying to move Granger, not Hibbert.

bigA9331
06-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Larry Bird shot down the rumor that the Pacers might trade Roy Hibbert and the No. 15 pick to the Wolves, in exchange for the No. 2 pick.
"We’re not doing that ... Roy is one of our core guys," said Bird. It wasn't clear that the Wolves had any interest in this deal anyway, as they're holding a hot ticket with the No. 2 pick and have no shortage of trade options.

rotoworld

Not happening...

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 04:05 PM
rotoworld

Not happening...

:mad:

really hoped Hibbert was on the block.

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Raptors better go ****in get Hibbert ASAP.

koreancabbage
06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Raptors better go ****in get Hibbert ASAP.

#5 for Hibbert would be nice. but i rather go after DeAndre Jordan or even Oden and let the future PG situation present itself at #5.

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2011, 04:21 PM
#5 for Hibbert would be nice. but i rather go after DeAndre Jordan or even Oden and let the future PG situation present itself at #5.

Jordan isn't leaving LAC. And Oden is out til 2012

Giraffes Rule
06-21-2011, 04:32 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Au8F1Qszi6PZxxVlYpgEASW8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_josh_smith_hawks_nba_draft_062011

There has been quite a lot of interest in this pick. Many have been claiming this draft is weak, but these" weak " players, are attracting a lot of attention.

It's still a weak draft because the talent is so thin. There are great prospects at the top, but once you get out of the top 10 or so it's pretty weak.

D Roses Bulls
06-21-2011, 04:47 PM
this is probably the weakest draft I have ever seen besides the 200 NBA draft. if the pacers did this, they would be stupid as ****. this draft is so weak, I dont even care about it and probably for the first time since 1994, not watch it.

ManRam
06-21-2011, 04:51 PM
I'd rather have Hibbert than whoever goes 2. I'm not high on anyone in this draft.

Tmath
06-21-2011, 05:01 PM
These rumors are getting ridiculous.

MrfadeawayJB
06-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Shocking.

I thought Hibbert turned into a great young building block for them. They should be trying to move Granger, not Hibbert.

this. they should offer granger and # 15 for #2. Need to make room for Williams at the 3 when they draft him. Either that or hold on to both and then try to trade them in next years draft where they can get a decent big man, considering there are not any other than Kanter to really speak of

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Shocking.

this. they should offer granger and # 15 for #2. Need to make room for Williams at the 3 when they draft him. Either that or hold on to both and then try to trade them in next years draft where they can get a decent big man, considering there are not any other than Kanter to really speak of

Hibbert regressed considerably last season for them. Despite having a down year Granger was clearly their best play has arguably the best contract in all of basketball and is one of the better two way players at his position. Offering him for the #2 is rape. The Wolves will jump on that in a millisecond.

KnicksR4Real
06-21-2011, 05:21 PM
If you are the Timberwolves, you take this....

Hawkeye15
06-21-2011, 05:25 PM
I think most of these rumors are so bogus. 10 teams are involved in trade discussions for the #2 pick according to the media. I can't believe there are that many serious deals out there.

The Wolves will either get a trade for a big upgrade at center, or just keep Williams.

koreancabbage
06-21-2011, 05:36 PM
Jordan isn't leaving LAC. And Oden is out til 2012

they are both restricted FA's

i don't see clips matching the Raps if BC gave Jordan $6-8+ million per type of contract. Jordan is exactly the type of center we need. he only made 800,000 last year lol I think BC needs to overpay for FAs to come to Toronto anyways- we all know we aren't going to get an equal valued contract b/w Toronto and a major US city. you might as well overpay for a young and upcoming much-need position that the Raptors have trouble finding anyways. Jordan might not be that player BC is coveting (i wouldn't know why) but he should be in consideration.

Oden is viable but very dependent on offers he's going to receive from some teams. I just don't think Portland will match as they probably need a viable and steady center for them to compete and remain competitive. i want Toronto to be at least in the running for Oden. i won't be disappointed if we don't get him but to watch other teams at least try for such a talented young big man would be a shame.

koreancabbage
06-21-2011, 05:40 PM
I think most of these rumors are so bogus. 10 teams are involved in trade discussions for the #2 pick according to the media. I can't believe there are that many serious deals out there.

The Wolves will either get a trade for a big upgrade at center, or just keep Williams.

i would keep him. they are in no position to win yet and are probably one more lottery draft away from being an up and coming team. they got Rubio and Love. Derrick Williams would probably have to play SF but he would almost be certain to be the go-to guy on the team. he's got pretty good handles, drive, and shot, and most likely hit the rookie wall. On this team, i think he's got what it takes to win ROY. he's got Rubio dishing him the ball and Love getting them extra possessions.

x21x NiNJA x21x
06-21-2011, 05:49 PM
Wolves

Pg- Rubio
Sg- Johnson
Sf- Beasley
Pf- Love
C- ?

I could see The Lakers involved, or maybe The Pacers

DeyAce
06-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Kahn would be fired if he accepted this

daleja424
06-21-2011, 05:55 PM
I really think people are way too high on Williams...

He looks a lot like Beasley to me.

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 05:58 PM

Beasley was viewed as a much better prospect coming out of college.

daleja424
06-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Beasley was viewed as a much better prospect coming out of college.

Ya... I almost said "beasly light" in my last post... but i didnt wanna offend anyone

Punk
06-21-2011, 06:06 PM
If you are the Timberwolves, you take this....

No, you don't.

Wait it out until the Lakers, Bucks continue to make offers. Hibbert is settling. The Wolves could get Gasol, Odom or Bogut if they still are negotiating.

ATSW02D16
06-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Does the whole league want the 2nd pick?

Chronz
06-21-2011, 06:30 PM
Now this is more realistic, Bynum? LMFAO No Way

kozelkid
06-21-2011, 06:35 PM

Except he has a great attitude and is actually aggressive to the basket oh and a better 3pt shooter.

No one ever denied Beasley's talent, his attitude was what got in the way. In Williams' case, he has a good attitude and has the same talent. Those are enough reasons as to why Williams will likely be a much more successful pro than Beasley was.

llemon
06-21-2011, 06:39 PM
No, you don't.

Wait it out until the Lakers, Bucks continue to make offers. Hibbert is settling. The Wolves could get Gasol, Odom or Bogut if they still are negotiating.

Hibbert and #15 isn't settling.

Gasol seems to be on the downside of his career. Wolves don't need Odom. Bogut is an injury risk.

Hibbert is a young, strong Center whose game has been developing.

But Bird has supposedly said no to the Hibbert trade.

jetman
06-21-2011, 09:33 PM
I'd take Hibbert straight up over Williams.