PDA

View Full Version : twolves offer number 2 pick to lakers for bynum

nyfinest4life
06-21-2011, 02:23 PM
Wolves Offer No. 2 Pick To Lakers For Bynum
Jun 21, 2011 1:14 PM EDT

The Wolves made an offer of the number two overall pick to the Lakers for Andrew Bynum, according to a source.

Minnesota has been actively shopping the number two pick in hopes of acquiring a proven veteran.
Via Sam Amick/NBA Confidential

Hawkeye15
06-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Lakers would never take that offer.

DMasta718
06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Yea that's not happening.

Tarheels23
06-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Lets play along, who would the Lakers take? Williams? Knight? Kanter?

They would still be good with

Knight
Kobe
Artest
Odom
Gasol

Or

???
Kobe
Williams
Odom
Gasol

Giraffes Rule
Lakers ownership has a hard-on for Bynum, they aren't moving him.

Avenged
Link?

I hear Varejao and Sessions for Pau

Now a pick for Bynum.

What the hell is this? Since when are the Lakers known to get robbed?

dnewguy
06-21-2011, 02:27 PM
LMAO.....that's where the discussion ended.

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 02:27 PM
I love what I am seeing from the Wolves. I just hope in the end they make the right decision and actually get something done to improve their team. I give them right for not staying put but rather looking to improve their team in whatever way possible.

As for the trade no chance in hell the Lakers make that move.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-21-2011, 02:28 PM
The Lakers aren't giving Bynum up.They should just stick with the Gasol deal.

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 02:28 PM
Link?

I hear Varejao and Sessions for Pau

Now a pick for Bynum.

What the hell is this? Since when are the Lakers known to get robbed?

Exactly the Lakers are usually the ones to do the robbing.

GoatMilk
06-21-2011, 02:30 PM
Lakers ownership has a hard-on for Bynum, they aren't moving him.

hard-on or not, thats a stupid deal for the lakers

danniboi168
06-21-2011, 02:30 PM
wow lmao

mikealike305
06-21-2011, 02:35 PM
i say they do it.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-21-2011, 02:36 PM

YEP.:nod:

Ripper Gein
06-21-2011, 02:39 PM
The Lakers being the Rapee?? Thats New.

Gagan136
06-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Lol...not happening.

FNM BOY
Lmao...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ironman5219
depnds... the one laker weakness is the PG position. Bynum is always hurt anyways, they could actually get better with that trade. If Cleveland took Williams then you have Irving Knight or Walker to pick from....... actually worth considering....

JordansBulls
06-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Let's do a Boozer for Pau swap.:)

allSUAVE
06-21-2011, 02:43 PM
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNN lmao

lakersrock
06-21-2011, 02:44 PM
Might be the stupidest rumor I've ever seen.

We wouldn't trade him for JKidd, KG, Melo, etc., but we will for a pick in the "worst draft in years"??

Kahn is a lunatic.

Slimsim
06-21-2011, 02:45 PM
minny is extremely aggressive

allSUAVE
06-21-2011, 02:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGZebWRJWg4

Squad13
06-21-2011, 02:49 PM

lol nice ninja edit. I almost served you!

Pietro1023
06-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Bynum has to be one of the most overrated guys in the entire league when it comes to value. I understand he is a big that brings size in the lane, but is he really anything special of a player at all? I dont think so......Should be a no-brainer for Lakers to be putting together a package of Bynum and Odom for Dwight right now before ev one finally catches up to the fact this dude will never be anything special or elite in the league

Pietro1023
06-21-2011, 02:50 PM
If i was Minnesota i would prefer the Hibbert and #15 pick over Bynum, but I might be alone on that opinion

allSUAVE
06-21-2011, 02:51 PM
lol nice ninja edit. I almost served you!

serve me he's a genius listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGZebWRJWg4

KnicksR4Real
06-21-2011, 02:56 PM
that would ruin their chance of getting dwight

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 02:57 PM
WOW you guys have high hopes for bynam. SAME bynam whos injured EVERY single year ? is that the bynam were talking about ?

id take that trade ..

AI4MVP
06-21-2011, 03:00 PM
number 1, you guys are acting like Bynum is Kareem.

number 2, 2nd pick, Darko, Flynn is more then enough for Bynum and a good deal for both teams.

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 03:04 PM

number 2, 2nd pick, Darko, Flynn is more then enough for Bynum and a good deal for both teams.

no its not.

Is that enough to get Dwight Howard? Because Bynum could potentially be the centerpiece in getting the Lakers Howard.

No one is acting like Bynum is Kareem but his performance next season could be the difference between the Lakers winning it all and getting knocked out in the 2nd round again.

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 03:06 PM

i agree with you. even though you may be baist because your a wolves fan.
never the less i agree with you.

Avenged
06-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Bynum has to be one of the most overrated guys in the entire league when it comes to value. I understand he is a big that brings size in the lane, but is he really anything special of a player at all? I dont think so......Should be a no-brainer for Lakers to be putting together a package of Bynum and Odom for Dwight right now before ev one finally catches up to the fact this dude will never be anything special or elite in the league

Considering his PER is right up there with a "C" like Duncan's, and better PER than Noah, Bogut, Horford, and Marc Gasol, I'd say he's a lot better than you think. His TS% beats out all those centers mentioned outside of (obviously) Dwight at 60%. He has the best eFG% out of all of them outside of Dwight again. He rebounds at a higher rate than all those Centers mentioned (outside of Dwight). Blocks at a higher rate than Dwight himself. Turns the ball over at a lesser percentage than most of the C's that are considered or arguable top 5. Also the fact that he's a good defender.

With Bogut suffering from injury and putting up less than impressive numbers on the stat sheet, I'd say Bynum is arguably the 2nd best C. Only major thing really knocking him is his inability to remain healthy. He's as injury prone as they come, although he did manage to play enough games midway through the season till the end of the playoffs.

And as far as a Odom/Bynum swap for someone like Dwight, of course, Dwight is a top 3 player in the game, a team would have to be dumb to not take that offer if the opportunity arose.

SACNYY
06-21-2011, 03:07 PM
This is a stupid deal for LA. They need to trade Bynum and Odom for Howard and Hedo/Nelson. Bynum is so overrated but still has more value than the 2nd pick.

Chronz
06-21-2011, 03:08 PM
LOL oh Kahn, may as well try I guess

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Andrew Bynum is the X Factor for the Lakers' future. How on earth could a trade for the #2 pick in a poor draft be beneficial to them. Without Bynum the Lakers stand NO chance at getting Howard.

John Walls Era
06-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Good job Kahn. Way to low ball.

Chronz
06-21-2011, 03:14 PM
WOW you guys have high hopes for bynam. SAME bynam whos injured EVERY single year ? is that the bynam were talking about ?

id take that trade ..

Ive noticed Raptor fans generally dislike Bynum, is it because hes perceived as the kind of Center Bargs is not, ie tough, defensive, efficient?

Of course they have high hopes for Bynum, how could you not? Injuries are suppose to scare you into a horrible trade? LMFAO

Tony_Starks
06-21-2011, 03:15 PM
I need some of whatever Kahn is smoking. The man is clearly on cloud nine!

Chronz
LOL at the idea of Bynum being in the league this long and GM's still not knowing what hes capable.

Not even close

airforceones25
David Kahn continues to be a lock for the biggest idiot in the NBA.. Next he's going to offer Beasley for Dwight.

AI4MVP
06-21-2011, 03:17 PM
LOL not even close

youve got to be kidding me. just because Bynum has been mentioned at ONE of the pieces that COULD get Dwight Howard doesnt mean he is as good.

the dude averaged 11 and 9. Get off your high horse.

WSU Tony
06-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Why even call the lakers? This is the same team wanting #2 and Love for Gasol. :laugh: The rest of the league, all in all, would take Love over Gasol ($ being factored in) but the lakers want a #2 pick just to seal the deal.

Don't even bother calling the lakers, it's a waste of time. Let them grow older... and older... and older...

AI4MVP
06-21-2011, 03:19 PM
David Kahn continues to be a lock for the biggest idiot in the NBA.. Next he's going to offer Beasley for Dwight.

we'll give u Anthony Tolliver and a 2nd rounder for Blake Griffin. Deal?

AI4MVP
06-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Why even call the lakers? This is the same team wanting #2 and Love for Gasol. :laugh: The rest of the league, all in all, would take Love over Gasol ($ being factored in) but the lakers want a #2 pick just to seal the deal.

Don't even bother calling the lakers, it's a waste of time. Let them grow older... and older... and older...

yeah. Kevin Love and 2nd pick for Pau is WAYYYYYYYYY more ridiculous then 2nd pick for Bynum. Chances are good that Derrick Williams will be better then Bynum.

Tony_Starks
06-21-2011, 03:21 PM
I wonder did the Lakers even dignify that with a response or just break out into uncontrollable laughter......

Gibby23
06-21-2011, 03:24 PM

the Lakers will win 5 more championships before the Wolves win 1. They might get old, but will retool and be back on top before The Wolves, true story, look it up.

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 03:26 PM
youve got to be kidding me. just because Bynum has been mentioned at ONE of the pieces that COULD get Dwight Howard doesnt mean he is as good.

the dude averaged 11 and 9. Get off your high horse.

A VERY impactful 11 and 9. He also isn't ONE of the pieces he is THE centerpiece.

If you could trade Beasley for Granger str8 up and the Wiz offer you guys the #6 along with Blatche for Beasley, would you think that's fair for you guys and make that trade?

Avenged
06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Since people think Bynum sucks, I'd like to know whos ahead of him at C spot outside of Dwight? I'd give you guys Bogut when healthy.

J4KOP99
06-21-2011, 03:35 PM
People still argue that Oden is better than Bynum... and they base it entirely on potential and a lot of "if" scenarios.

Some people just do not like the Lakers.

--As for the trade proposal, no way the lakers do that.

RaidersLakers24
06-21-2011, 03:41 PM
Bynum is the second best center in the league when healthy he was the reason we went 17-1 at one point last year! Did you see him against Dallas in the whole series he averaged like 17-10-2 I think and thats with limited touches now imagine if he wa on a sucky team like Minnesota he would be averaging like 23-11-3 a game!

And lol at the guy who said love has more value then gasol!! Gasol>love I bet you any GM WOULD TAKE PAU INSTEAD OF LOVE FOR THE NEXT 5 years!

Chronz
06-21-2011, 03:41 PM
I never centered my argument around the possibility of getting Dwight Howard. TRY AGAIN

the dude averaged 11 and 9.
Bring up stats when your comprehension evolves beyond the mentioning of 2 #'s

Get off your high horse.
Read my motto

Jewelz0376
06-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Lol I swear if the Lakers actually agree to this deal I will literally drive to Mitch's and Jerry Buss's office and slap the hell outta both of them....

Chronz
06-21-2011, 03:44 PM
Since people think Bynum sucks, I'd like to know whos ahead of him at C spot outside of Dwight? I'd give you guys Bogut when healthy.Even when healthy Bogut doesnt stack up, its pretty close tho Ill give you that

I wonder did the Lakers even dignify that with a response or just break out into uncontrollable laughter......
Personally I have a feeling alot of GM's poke fun at his arrogance/ignorance and lack of tact. Hes building a reputation for these kind of proposals, first it was Morey now Kupcake. I wonder what other stupid proposals hes come up with

Tony_Starks
06-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Im pretty sure at some point he will get around to offering Darko, Flynn, and the # 2 pick for Lebron James and D Wade.......

The sad part is he will probably be able to convince himself that is a legitimate offer!

shep33
06-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah that's laughable. No way LA takes that deal.

FriedTofuz
06-21-2011, 03:50 PM

We really wouldnt. However, there are things to consider. This trade would give us a young SF who is versatile enough to play the PF, with a great work ethic and has good potential. It also clears up cap space for future free agents such has dwight howard and chris paul.

I would trade bynum for this years 2nd pick, and a 2012 unprotected draft pick and johny flynn.

shep33
06-21-2011, 03:51 PM
The Wrath of Kahn has gone overboard. Next up: Darko for D12, and Beasley for Lebron and Wade

Pietro1023
06-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Considering his PER is right up there with a "C" like Duncan's, and better PER than Noah, Bogut, Horford, and Marc Gasol, I'd say he's a lot better than you think. His TS% beats out all those centers mentioned outside of (obviously) Dwight at 60%. He has the best eFG% out of all of them outside of Dwight again. He rebounds at a higher rate than all those Centers mentioned (outside of Dwight). Blocks at a higher rate than Dwight himself. Turns the ball over at a lesser percentage than most of the C's that are considered or arguable top 5. Also the fact that he's a good defender.

With Bogut suffering from injury and putting up less than impressive numbers on the stat sheet, I'd say Bynum is arguably the 2nd best C. Only major thing really knocking him is his inability to remain healthy. He's as injury prone as they come, although he did manage to play enough games midway through the season till the end of the playoffs.

And as far as a Odom/Bynum swap for someone like Dwight, of course, Dwight is a top 3 player in the game, a team would have to be dumb to not take that offer if the opportunity arose.

Some of these stats may favor Bynum and be your backup for placing Bynum as the #2 center in the NBA, but he just doesnt pass the eye test to me.

It seems like a bunch of ppl are siding with your thoughts of Bynum on here, but I honestly might not even have him in my top 10 centers in the league and thats with the league not even having a strong group of big men out there nowadays.

FriedTofuz
06-21-2011, 03:53 PM
Other than dwight howard, Bynum/ marc gasol , are probably the the next best centers. Why are people hating on bynum. He played limited minutes and was injured for majority of the season. When he is healthy and getting playing time, he is producing.

THE GIPPER
06-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Bynum is the second best center in the league when healthy he was the reason we went 17-1 at one point last year! Did you see him against Dallas in the whole series he averaged like 17-10-2 I think and thats with limited touches now imagine if he wa on a sucky team like Minnesota he would be averaging like 23-11-3 a game!

And lol at the guy who said love has more value then gasol!! Gasol>love I bet you any GM WOULD TAKE PAU INSTEAD OF LOVE FOR THE NEXT 5 years!

No way bro love>gasol and most people other than laker fans would agree

OUbigdaddy
06-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Bynum is not better than Chandler. You Laker fans always overvalue your players. Not saying this is a good trade, but Bynum the second best center!!! Please!!!

airforceones25
06-21-2011, 03:59 PM
I feel bad for Minnesota fans. If you go on their board they actually believe they are receiving all these offers. LOL

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Other than dwight howard, Bynum/ marc gasol , are probably the the next best centers. Why are people hating on bynum. He played limited minutes and was injured for majority of the season. When he is healthy and getting playing time, he is producing.

Marc hasn't produced at a high enough level for a long enough period of time to put him in the top 3. I think he should Al Horford is still better than him though he isn't a true C.

llemon
06-21-2011, 04:06 PM

You are wrong

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 04:09 PM

:no:

koreancabbage
06-21-2011, 04:11 PM
Bynum is not better than Chandler. You Laker fans always overvalue your players. Not saying this is a good trade, but Bynum the second best center!!! Please!!!

seriously? Bynum > Chandler any day. the only thing that might make them equal is that Bynum has injuries. averaging really good numbers during that 17-1 stretch is not a fluke during the lakers season. I think most people would agree that Bynum would be averaging at least 20-10-2 blks if he wasn't the 3rd or 4th option on the floor. I think Chandler played his best basketball, statistically, in NOH when he had the best PG in Paul giving him the ball.

who is the second best centre then? maybe Bogut but no other center has proved themselves offensively AND defensively AND highest potential more than Bynum (as a general consensus)

you state your opinion but give no actual reasoning other than blurting out what you feel. so i just wanna hear why you think Bynum isn't the second best C and why he isn't better than Chandler

Miltstar
06-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Wow I came in this thread expecting to see a lot of hate the other way. If I was the Lakers I'd do this deal in a heartbeat... Bynum doesn't usually play anyways. Derrick Williams is a stud and would be the future of your organization which is clearly in it's twilight with it's current roster.

showtym24
yeah. Kevin Love and 2nd pick for Pau is WAYYYYYYYYY more ridiculous then 2nd pick for Bynum. Chances are good that Derrick Williams will be better then Bynum.

Hahaha.... No.

Swashcuff
seriously? Bynum > Chandler any day. the only thing that might make them equal is that Bynum has injuries. averaging really good numbers during that 17-1 stretch is not a fluke during the lakers season. I think most people would agree that Bynum would be averaging at least 20-10-2 blks if he wasn't the 3rd or 4th option on the floor. I think Chandler played his best basketball, statistically, in NOH when he had the best PG in Paul giving him the ball.

who is the second best centre then? maybe Bogut but no other center has proved themselves offensively AND defensively AND highest potential more than Bynum (as a general consensus)

you state your opinion but give no actual reasoning other than blurting out what you feel. so i just wanna hear why you think Bynum isn't the second best C and why he isn't better than Chandler

Indeed

DeyAce
06-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Bynums overrated

JNA17
06-21-2011, 04:16 PM
lakers would never do that, they would rape the T-Wolves before getting raped on in a trade deal.

RaidersLakers24
06-21-2011, 04:26 PM
No way bro love>gasol and most people other than laker fans would agree

So playing bad in the playoffs makes love>gasol? Hahha what a joke wake me up when you get Little smarter

theLgndKllr35
06-21-2011, 04:29 PM
I hear Cleveland is getting Dwight for the 1st, and Kobe for the 4th.

C-ross12
06-21-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm probably in the minority here.. But I'd do that trade if I were the lakers. Before its all said and done I think Kanter very well could end up being the better NBA player. Or you could go with Knight or Williams. I dont think these guys are as bad as the board would have you believe.

MTar786
06-21-2011, 04:32 PM

lucky u said usually. because not too long ago we traded caron butler for kwame brown :facepalm:
sad days :(
lucky we got gasol out of that

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 04:34 PM
i say they do it.

i agree man. bynam hasnt been healthy at all.

Chronz
06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Some of these stats may favor Bynum and be your backup for placing Bynum as the #2 center in the NBA, but he just doesnt pass the eye test to me.

It seems like a bunch of ppl are siding with your thoughts of Bynum on here, but I honestly might not even have him in my top 10 centers in the league and thats with the league not even having a strong group of big men out there nowadays.

This is what happens when you COMPLETELY ignore objective evidence and focus on whatever limited isolated footage youve seen.

Curious to how many games youve seen this year, not just of the Lakers because in order to be able to assess a players ability without the use of stats, you need a basis for comparison. Again without stats Im thinking you would need to watch 40 games from every team and have a computer like mind to recall any important elements you may have drawn from your analysis.

RaiderLakersA's
06-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Bynum for the #2? Sure.

And right after that deal is inked, the Magic will trade Dwight Howard to the Lakers for Joe Smith, a box of rocks and PJ's old throne. Sure!

Gram
06-21-2011, 04:38 PM
Hahahahaha.

Chronz
06-21-2011, 04:38 PM
i agree man. bynam hasnt been healthy at all.
Not being healthy isnt a good enough reason, thats how ****** this offer is. Seriously, its so ridiculously lopsided that Im astonished your keeping this front up.

Even Hawkeye thinks its a bad trade for the Lakers and hes one of the most knowledgeable Minny fans.

Besides, why trade Bynum when he just finished one of the healthiest runs of his career and the other injuries were mostly of the freak variety.

lakersrock
06-21-2011, 04:39 PM

Is that why Bynum dominated him in the playoffs when Phil would actually leave him on the court?

Teeboy1487
06-21-2011, 04:40 PM
No way. The lakers FO would be idiots if they done this. If we can't somehow get Dwight for Bynum, then we are better off keeping him.

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Ive noticed Raptor fans generally dislike Bynum, is it because hes perceived as the kind of Center Bargs is not, ie tough, defensive, efficient?
Of course they have high hopes for Bynum, how could you not? Injuries are suppose to scare you into a horrible trade? LMFAO

so your asuming that raps fans dont like bynam because he is a better center then bargs ? hmmm am i or any other raps fan supose to come to defend bargs in regards to your comment ? because i dont see any one running to his rescue. we dont like bargs much because he cant defend or rebound. that has nothing to do with how injury prone bynam is. if bynam was not soo injury prone i would have him as the 2nd best C in the league. but guess what the same could be said about yao ming. . the fact of the matter is you cant rely on him and that hursts his trade value.

how do you know its a bad trade ? d.will is projected to go 2nd right ? if the kid turns out to be a stud, what would make you say trading an injury prone big man for him would be a bad trade ? bynam is not going to get less injury prone as he gets older.

Chronz
Wow I came in this thread expecting to see a lot of hate the other way. If I was the Lakers I'd do this deal in a heartbeat... Bynum doesn't usually play anyways. Derrick Williams is a stud and would be the future of your organization which is clearly in it's twilight with it's current roster.

LOL

This tells me you dont know much about the NBA and its current state.

Swashcuff

How can the eye test suggest to you that Bynum isn't a top 10 C? If anything the eye test should tell you that he's one of the best due to the fact that he's one of the most gifted offensive Cs and a quality defensive player and rebounder. You don't need to look at the stats to see that.

Pietro1023
06-21-2011, 04:48 PM
This is what happens when you COMPLETELY ignore objective evidence and focus on whatever limited isolated footage youve seen.

Curious to how many games youve seen this year, not just of the Lakers because in order to be able to assess a players ability without the use of stats, you need a basis for comparison. Again without stats Im thinking you would need to watch 40 games from every team and have a computer like mind to recall any important elements you may have drawn from your analysis.

I understand what you are saying as it is impossible to watch every single team every night, but i do watch a wholeeee lot of basketball. I may be a little harsh on Bynum just bc all of this talk about him and I just dont see the big deal about him as a player at all whatsoever.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-21-2011, 04:53 PM
The Lakers will throw in Kobe if the Wolves throw in a 2nd rounder.

Pietro1023
06-21-2011, 04:54 PM
How can the eye test suggest to you that Bynum isn't a top 10 C? If anything the eye test should tell you that he's one of the best due to the fact that he's one of the most gifted offensive Cs and a quality defensive player and rebounder. You don't need to look at the stats to see that.

Can any of these centers unanimously be ranked below Bynum without hesitation?.........Duncan,B.Lopez, Al Jefferson, Nene, D,Lee, Bargnani, Horford, Bogut, Hibbert, M.Gasol, Chandler, Kaman, Noah, and if u wnna talk about health issues i will even include Yao......Dwight is obviously #1.

Romo2Bryant
06-21-2011, 04:54 PM
what's so good about Bynum??

They could trade him for Melo, KG, or Kidd... But they said no... I bet if Orlando offer Howard for Bynum, the Lakers would still reject the deal.

Back to the topic though.. Lakers are not going to accept this trade. If they do then I would be extremely shocked.

The Final Boss
06-21-2011, 05:01 PM
The Lakers rap the league every year with sandpaper condoms so you know Mitch hung up the phone after the offer, laughing.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-21-2011, 05:02 PM
what a rape that would be smh

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Not being healthy isnt a good enough reason, thats how ****** this offer is. Seriously, its so ridiculously lopsided that Im astonished your keeping this front up.

Even Hawkeye thinks its a bad trade for the Lakers and hes one of the most knowledgeable Minny fans.

Besides, why trade Bynum when he just finished one of the healthiest runs of his career and the other injuries were mostly of the freak variety.

bynam is great when he is healthy. but to me it doesnt matter how great you are if your injury prone your going to miss important stretches when your team needs you. and bynam has missed play off games, finals games, ... he has also done alot of great things in helping LA win, im not discrediting him as a player .. but i just feel that him being prone to injuries must bring his value done. how can it not ?

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Can any of these centers unanimously be ranked below Bynum without hesitation?.........Duncan,B.Lopez, Al Jefferson, Nene, D,Lee, Bargnani, Horford, Bogut, Hibbert, M.Gasol, Chandler, Kaman, Noah, and if u wnna talk about health issues i will even include Yao......Dwight is obviously #1.

Hibbert, Noah, Kaman, Lee, Bargnani, Gasol, Lopez cant easily be ranked below him without hesitation.

KnicksR4Real
06-21-2011, 05:12 PM
ha. y would this happen

MrfadeawayJB
06-21-2011, 05:13 PM
If the lakers did this they got no shot at trading for Dwight Howard

Wisdom Listens
06-21-2011, 05:20 PM

x2

Enough said.

numba1CHANGsta
06-21-2011, 05:22 PM
throw in Love and Rubio and then ill consider it

koreancabbage
06-21-2011, 05:24 PM
If the lakers did this they got no shot at trading for Dwight Howard

exactly. Lakers need Bynum as one of the centerpieces to get Howard if they are serious about him. its def a truth, even if Orlando doesn't bite, Bynum would need to be included in any talks to begin to see where both team stands.

Wisdom Listens
06-21-2011, 05:24 PM
throw in Love and Rubio and then ill consider it

Get outta here with that ********.

nykobe24
06-21-2011, 05:55 PM
LOL at people saying bynum isn't a top 10 center lmfaoo

daleja424
06-21-2011, 05:55 PM
they may have made the call... but I doubt LA picked it up...

Wisdom Listens
06-21-2011, 06:05 PM
they may have made the call... but I doubt LA picked it up...

Well LA wouldn't rightfully know what the Wolves are offering if the didn't at least pick up the phone. Are you suggesting they wouldn't deal with the Wolves in general?

NYsFinest
06-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Lamar Odom, #2 pick, Barnes and a 2011 pick for Dwight Howard is the best deal Orlando can get.

Kobe, Pau, Howard become a big three that is better than Miami.

ATSW02D16
06-21-2011, 06:20 PM
The Lakers have officially blocked Kahn's number.

kjdills13
lakers- 2nd pick, Flynn, Nikola Pekovic

Timberwolves- Bynum

makes it more realistic

Flynn gives them the speed at pg they need. Pekovic would have been a top 10 pick if it wasnt for his buyout situation oversees. And then the lakers could take williams .

Im not saying this is a good trade for lakers..... but its probably more realistic

DRE'-MAC
**BREAKING NBA NEWS**Source: Lakers believe they have a deal in principle that will net them the #2 pick - Bynum & pieces going back

http://twitter.com/incarceratedbob

kobebabe
06-21-2011, 06:33 PM
wow, just wow!

wjmoffatt
06-21-2011, 06:37 PM

That's why i only see the Lakers doing a couple deals this summer.

1.) Gasol and Derrik Character for Al Horford and Josh Smith (ATL wants to move Smith, but they know they won't get great value for him if they don't throw in another piece. Also, tired of only advancing to the 2nd round and know why they can't get further is because they rely to heavily on Johnson or Crawford to create their offense, so why not add one of the best scoring bigs)

2.) Bynum for Howard. Probably the most logical trade for both teams, they can trade them straight up. Magic don't want to end up like the Cavs with nothing to show for it, and they have a lot of heavy contracts that no one will want to touch, so they wouldn't be able to create the magic like Dan Gilbert did with the #1 and #4 pics in this draft.

3.) Gasol for Jose Caulderon, Bargnani, and Johnson. Lakers hired an Italian assist coach, so would be good for this aspect. And having a need for a FACILITATING PG they can achieve that goal too. But being a Laker fan, not to appealing, don't want one soft guy for a way less talented soft guy.

4.) Gasol, Character, and Ebanks for Love, Flynn, Webster, and Ridnour +#2 pic. Would love to have Kevin Love on the team, and with the second pic in the draft would love to see us take Brandon Knight or Derrick Williams.

5.) Bynum for CP3.

In order of wish list; 5, 2, 4, 1, and 3.

EaglePride615
06-21-2011, 06:38 PM
link or you made it up

DRE'-MAC
06-21-2011, 06:39 PM
link or you made it up

there's been a link there the whole time buddy

Punk
06-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Lmao at Bob being a legit source.

Chronz
06-21-2011, 06:41 PM
so your asuming that raps fans dont like bynam because he is a better center then bargs ? hmmm am i or any other raps fan supose to come to defend bargs in regards to your comment ? because i dont see any one running to his rescue. we dont like bargs much because he cant defend or rebound.that has nothing to do with how injury prone bynam is.
I understand you guys aren't very keen on Bargs anymore, this generally happens once a fanbase gets whiff of management even thinking about trading their prospects, but whatever the case, I wasnt speaking from the point of view that hes better than Bargs, but that there is a residual effect from the time when you guys used to defend him desperately against Bynum. There was a time that even when he was healthy he didnt get the respect, as you'll be reminded by the time Mile High gets to the Centers.

Whatever the case may be I hope your not taking me generalizing a fanbase personally. Im not directing it towards you.

if bynam was not soo injury prone i would have him as the 2nd best C in the league. but guess what the same could be said about yao ming. . the fact of the matter is you cant rely on him and that hursts his trade value.
Good example,
Yao is retiring in 2 years, its quite a different argument when you have a young prospect, the #2 center in the league, who finished the season strong and has only suffered freak injuries, along with the expected growing pains that accompany rehabbing from said injuries. This is the kind of trade you say yes to when Bynum is in that Yao stage of his career. Not Yao specifically because even then his brand recognition brings in the kind of money teams covet.

llemon
06-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Lamar Odom, #2 pick, Barnes and a 2011 pick for Dwight Howard is the best deal Orlando can get.

Don't believe that gets the deal done

Wisdom Listens
06-21-2011, 07:04 PM

Who is Bob and why is he incarcerated?

akagiredsuns
06-21-2011, 07:22 PM

Try to be the Magic GM and use some common sense. Why the hell will ORL give up their superstar C for aging swingmen? They might be good for a year or two, but Bynum is injury prone, Odom will show up when he feels like it and Pau is as soft as ice cream now. It'd be better for the Magic to take the Warriors deal of Ellis, Biedrins, etc. At least they are younger & fill needed holes. I do agree with you Bynum is overrated. But please get off this Howard to the Lakers for the Old & the Crippled Club. :facepalm:

ImDaBaron
06-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Who is Bob and why is he incarcerated?

To be fair Adam Schefter is following him. One of the few people he follows.

RaidersLakers24
06-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Try to be the Magic GM and use some common sense. Why the hell will ORL give up their superstar C for aging swingmen? They might be good for a year or two, but Bynum is injury prone, Odom will show up when he feels like it and Pau is as soft as ice cream now. It'd be better for the Magic to take the Warriors deal of Ellis, Biedrins, etc. At least they are younger & fill needed holes. I do agree with you Bynum is overrated. But please get off this Howard to the Lakers for the Old & the Crippled Club. :facepalm:

There is no better offer then Bynum and odom do idk what your smoking! And I have a feeling Bynum might finally be able to stay healthy

Hawkeye15
06-21-2011, 07:49 PM
I would jizz my pants immediately if the Wolves landed Bynum without giving up Love.

Which is exactly why its not happening.

Avenged
06-21-2011, 07:51 PM
The Wolves would improve greatly if they manage to get Bynum for a damn lottery pick.

A young trio of Rubio/Love/Bynum. All these rumors involving these 2 is worrying me. I hope the Lakers are not that dumb.

Kevj77
06-21-2011, 08:00 PM

http://twitter.com/incarceratedbobThat guy is a joke. He thinks the Lakers can sign Howard as a free agent he just lost all credibility with that tweet. Lakers are over the cap bigtime.

Lakers + Giants
06-21-2011, 08:04 PM

says the guy comparing rubio to all time greats. :facepalm:

DodgerBulls
06-21-2011, 08:12 PM
It will not happen, but if it does I can only see the Lakers going for Irving if he is not taken. That's the only scenario I think the Lakers would do it.

Pietro1023
06-21-2011, 08:17 PM

I am not saying I would do this deal of Odom and Bynum for Dwight Howard at allll if i was the orlando gm. But look at the way people view Bynum on this board and in the NBA and this deal prob wouldnt be far at all from logically happening as far off as it seems to you and I.

JordansBulls
06-21-2011, 09:21 PM
If the cap is at 62 million the Lakers may be doing this to get rid of Bynum's contract.

LA_Raiders
06-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Bynum for #2, Trade #2 + Odom + Blake for Howard & Arenas.

koreancabbage
06-21-2011, 10:08 PM
Bynum for #2, Trade #2 + Odom + Blake for Howard & Arenas.

thats good stuff man for the Lakers AND Orlando. build around DWilliams. and got rid of Arena's contract. and a willing passer in Odom to get Willaims the ball.

Howard
Gasol
Artest (UGH)
Kobe
Arenas.

still championship contenders

sb123
06-21-2011, 11:39 PM

You forgot Isiah who was better than all of them save maybe Magic.

sb123
06-21-2011, 11:41 PM
Bynum is ridiculously over valued.

He is maybe a Top 50 Player yet he is treated like a top 10.

JLynn943
06-21-2011, 11:57 PM

Yeah, talent and size are wasted when you have injury problems as often as Bynum does. Bynum for the #2 is more than fair imo.

Chronz
06-22-2011, 01:01 AM
I understand what you are saying as it is impossible to watch every single team every night, but i do watch a wholeeee lot of basketball. I may be a little harsh on Bynum just bc all of this talk about him and I just dont see the big deal about him as a player at all whatsoever.
Really? You dont see the big deal about a player with his size, length, production, defensive impact? Well how many players like him do your eyes see in this league? Did you happen to catch him when he gos on flat out dominant stretches? Did your eyes see how much better the Lakers D got once he joined?

I mean plz list these 10 clearly superior centers because I cant believe anyone who claims to watch alot of basketball wouldnt be able to spot something so easy to notice. Its one thing to harp about his health, but the mans game is impeccable considering the dearth of centers today.

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2011, 01:02 AM
Really? You dont see the big deal about a player with his size, length, production, defensive impact? Well how many players like him do your eyes see in this league? Did you happen to catch him when he gos on flat out dominant stretches? Did your eyes see how much better the Lakers D got once he joined?

I mean plz list these 10 clearly superior centers because I cant believe anyone who claims to watch alot of basketball wouldnt be able to spot something so easy to notice. Its one thing to harp about his health, but the mans game is impeccable considering the dearth of centers today.

:clap:

Switch
06-22-2011, 01:05 AM

Good centers are hard to find.

Switch
06-22-2011, 01:06 AM

Word.

Avenged
06-22-2011, 01:11 AM

He's treated like a top 10 Center, yes, because he is but nobody is putting him in the top 10 overall.

Bynum ranks in the top 3 among Centers, the stat sheet backs him up. His efficiency, production and defensive presence didn't come out of accident.

The problem within him lies that he is often injured. BUT he did manage to heal up (aside from soreness here and there) midway through the season and ended up playing all the way until the Lakers got eliminated.

Keep in mind that this guy is doing this as a 3-4 option, while the main option (Kobe) is taking too many shots, shots in which he shouldn't be taking at times given the efficient players he has around him.

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2011, 02:01 AM
Not going to happen but this trade would be nice plus picks flowing around in the trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3qdp9g5

MickeyMgl
06-22-2011, 02:24 AM
At this point I believe nothing is going to materialize between these two teams. They're moving farther apart.

J4KOP99
06-22-2011, 02:31 AM
Has this whole thread been based on a rumor from incarceratedbob...?

hahahahahahah. He has Lakers sources now?

OldSchoolViking
06-22-2011, 02:53 AM
McGee and Wizard's #1 2012 for Wolves #2, Flynn, and Pek.

Bynum is not the best fit for the Wolves.

AI4MVP
06-22-2011, 02:58 AM
McGee and Wizard's #1 2012 for Wolves #2, Flynn, and Pek.

Bynum is not the best fit for the Wolves.

to be honest id rather take that deal then Bynum. Bynum really isnt better then McGee. Its just that Bynum plays for the Lakers and McGee doesnt. If the roles were reversed then McGee would be getting just as much love as Bynum. Not a knock on Bynum, just shows how good McGee is

AI4MVP
06-22-2011, 03:00 AM
Not going to happen but this trade would be nice plus picks flowing around in the trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3qdp9g5

i rarrrrely use this.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

nickdymez
06-22-2011, 03:21 AM

You probably dont know anything about basketball whatsoever

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2011, 03:27 AM
i rarrrrely use this.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm:

:sigh: Now my whole day is ruined.

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2011, 03:30 AM
to be honest id rather take that deal then Bynum. Bynum really isnt better then McGee. Its just that Bynum plays for the Lakers and McGee doesnt. If the roles were reversed then McGee would be getting just as much love as Bynum. Not a knock on Bynum, just shows how good McGee is

I'll give you McGee's defense and his incredible weakside block, give him a slight edge on that side of the ball. But there is no way in hell McGee is anywhere close to Bynum's post game or overall offense.

Jewelz0376
06-22-2011, 03:43 AM

McGee isn't even close to Bynum offensively..

MR.TRIPDUB
06-22-2011, 08:23 AM

They hate on him BECAUSE he only played limited mins and was injured.

GreekFreak
06-22-2011, 08:48 AM
Wow McGee isn't even close to Bynum.

SP17
06-22-2011, 09:07 AM
Mcgee better than bynum..omg.

Pietro1023
06-22-2011, 09:33 AM

hahah flat out dominant stretches?...I have seen him disappear much more often. Yes he does have an important impact for the Lakers D and on the offensive glass, but he is far from being the Lakers x factor and doesnt deserve to constantly be considered and labeled the reason for the Lakers to win or lose like he is.

There arent 10 clearly superior Centers in the NBA but i already named over ten that debateably can be argued as better. I know for sure that I would take Dwight, Duncan,Bogut, Noah, Horford, Nene, M.Gasol and thats 7 right there.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 09:41 AM
McGee isn't even close to Bynum offensively..

Or defensively, the only thing McGee has on Bynum is that he is a better athlete.

However you have to excuse that poster. He is extremely horrible when it comes to understanding a player's worth.

OUbigdaddy
06-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Is that why Bynum dominated him in the playoffs when Phil would actually leave him on the court?

Dominate him when he was on the court???? I don't believe anybody on the Lakers dominated the Mav's!!! All Bynum is is a thug period!!! It's not hard to get the point's and rebouinds when you are on a team with Kobe, Pau and Odom. He is not double teamed!!! As far as Chandler being better than Bynum his all around game is much better. He runs the break better, he's a better defenseive center. Bynum is better offensively, but Chandler beats him on the deffensive end and running the break. As far as rebounding goes I will take Chandler every day over bynum. Again laker fans overvaluing their players!!!

stuckyfreshhh
06-22-2011, 09:47 AM
I think #2, Beasley, Pek, and Flynn could get it done for Bynum.

Lakers get a lot younger everywhere

MN get Bynum

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 09:48 AM
hahah flat out dominant stretches?...I have seen him disappear much more often. Yes he does have an important impact for the Lakers D and on the offensive glass, but he is far from being the Lakers x factor and doesnt deserve to constantly be considered and labeled the reason for the Lakers to win or lose like he is.

There arent 10 clearly superior Centers in the NBA but i already named over ten that debateably can be argued as better. I know for sure that I would take Dwight, Duncan,Bogut, Noah, Horford, Nene, M.Gasol and thats 7 right there.

Wrong and wrong. A case can be made for Nene, Horford (naturally a PF but plays C so that's no biggy) but none can be made for Noah and Gasol. When healthy and on top of their games Bogut and Duncan (who could be debated shouldn't even be there) are better and well Dwight he's elite.

If you'd take those players then fine that's your choice but as far as being better than Andrew Bynum not quite.

You have seen him disappear more often? You mean because of injury right? Because if it isn't because of injury I can tell you don't watch basketball very often if at all. If you watched Laker basketball you'd know that when healthy their defense has been much better with him in the line-up. Without him down inside no way they would have gone on a 17-1 run at one point last season. His impact defensively is undeniable (not on the level of a Dwight but more so an Andre Bogut) and his offensive skill set is better than that of any healthy TRUE Center (not Al Jefferson or Tim Duncan) currently in the NBA.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Dominate him when he was on the court???? I don't believe anybody on the Lakers dominated the Mav's!!! All Bynum is is a thug period!!! It's not hard to get the point's and rebouinds when you are on a team with Kobe, Pau and Odom. He is not double teamed!!! As far as Chandler being better than Bynum his all around game is much better. He runs the break better, he's a better defenseive center. Bynum is better offensively, but Chandler beats him on the deffensive end and running the break. As far as rebounding goes I will take Chandler every day over bynum. Again laker fans overvaluing their players!!!

I fully agree with you on that point.

I have debated Laker fans many a times about Andrew Bynum and how much they overate him, now however I defend him because the level of ignorance and hate that is being perpetuated is really ridiculous.

Andrew Bynum is a top 5 C in the NBA today PERIOD. No other 2-10 range C has the combination of offensive low post package (most complete package of any healthy true C) and defensive impact that Andrew Bynum has. Andrew Bynum's problem is not a physical one but it's between his ears. As far as being a THUG? What gave you that idea? Because he's black and aggressive? Because I haven't heard anything about him being involved with guns, drugs, gangs or any illegal activity of that sort.

WSU Tony
06-22-2011, 09:55 AM
I don't see this happening. No way. The Lakers over-value their players severely (Pau for #2 and Love). No way the Wolves will pay the price it takes for the trade to go down.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Andrew Bynum is the MOST OVERRATED player in the entire NBA to LAKERS FANS. As far as the rest of the league's fan bases go. He is one of the most under appreciated, largely because some Laker fans try to hard to shove how great he is down your throat. Nevertheless he's a top 5 C in today's NBA.

Denver-boy
06-22-2011, 09:59 AM
its proven fact, Lakers over value theyre own players. Cant wait to see them fall on theyre own faces next season...Bynum out the last 10 weeks. haha laughing at them now!

if only a franchise would offer the nuggets something like that. 2nd overall pick, Johnny Flynn and Michael Beasley for Nene!!!

Denver-boy
06-22-2011, 10:05 AM
let em keep Bynum, I honestly dont see the value they see in him

ccg34
06-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Bynum is injury prone. He has great potential, but so does Greg Oden. If I was the Lakers, I make this trade. Derrick Williams is a beast. He will be a really good player. The #2 pick and Flynn for Bynum would make LA better team in the long run.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 10:17 AM
its proven fact, Lakers over value theyre own players. Cant wait to see them fall on theyre own faces next season...Bynum out the last 10 weeks. haha laughing at them now!

if only a franchise would offer the nuggets something like that. 2nd overall pick, Johnny Flynn and Michael Beasley for Nene!!!

Smh

OUbigdaddy
06-22-2011, 10:20 AM
I fully agree with you on that point.

I have debated Laker fans many a times about Andrew Bynum and how much they overate him, now however I defend him because the level of ignorance and hate that is being perpetuated is really ridiculous.

Andrew Bynum is a top 5 C in the NBA today PERIOD. No other 2-10 range C has the combination of offensive low post package (most complete package of any healthy true C) and defensive impact that Andrew Bynum has. Andrew Bynum's problem is not a physical one but it's between his ears. As far as being a THUG? What gave you that idea? Because he's black and aggressive? Because I haven't heard anything about him being involved with guns, drugs, gangs or any illegal activity of that sort.

Nope, it's because he is a thug on the court period. He has been fined and or suspended twice for his thugish behaviour on the court. He may be a top 5 C in the league, but that shows how far the position has regressed in the past 15 years. Back in the 80's and 90's he wouldn't have been mentoned in the same breath.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 10:32 AM
[/B]

Nope, it's because he is a thug on the court period. He has been fined and or suspended twice for his thugish behaviour on the court. He may be a top 5 C in the league, but that shows how far the position has regressed in the past 15 years. Back in the 80's and 90's he wouldn't have been mentoned in the same breath.

That's why every time I speak of C rankings I say Today's NBA. IMO how much the position has regressed is a none issue in this context because we are not comparing across eras. I am not saying he is one of the greatest Cs in Lakers history. Due to the fact that there have been so many injuries to Cs in today's NBA Bynum players like Bynum, Noah, Nene, Chandler benefit greatly.

As far as being a "thug" on the court, so was Bill Laimbeer, Dennis Rodman, Bruce Bowen, KG, James Posey etc. As far as "thugish behaviour" on the court goes no one holds a candle to Laimbeer he is the only player I have ever seen who night in night out looked like he wanted to really hurt somebody. Guess what that actually added to his game and his impact, Bynum might be a bone head but as long as his is not malicious in his intent of trying to hurt someone (like the Barea play) I see no real issue with his actions.

Frezhnitz
06-22-2011, 10:39 AM
wow lakers aren't that stupid.

Frezhnitz
06-22-2011, 10:41 AM
[/B]

thuggish behavior? thats a joke. You dont even know what a thug behavior is.

Frezhnitz
06-22-2011, 10:46 AM

Nene isnt even worth a 2nd rd pick. haha Plus the nuggets have been falling flat on their faces for many years. lol

Frezhnitz
06-22-2011, 10:51 AM

Chandler sucks. Hes not even a top 5 center. Bynum has a better over all game. And running the break? Who cares.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 10:59 AM
Chandler sucks. Hes not even a top 5 center. Bynum has a better over all game. And running the break? Who cares.

While I don't agree with you on Chandler sucking and a case could be made for him being a top 5 C I must say running the break for a C as being a reason why he's better... :laugh2: that should be one of the least important points. I mean its VERY nice to have a C who can run the break don't get me wrong but it's much better to have one he can get it done in the half court, back to the basket capacity as opposed to one who can't.

ichitownclowni
06-22-2011, 11:01 AM
I would do it

Chronz
06-22-2011, 11:39 AM
hahah flat out dominant stretches?...I have seen him disappear much more often.
Yes flat out dominant, I know defensive impact is harder to gauge with the eyes but its true, the only conclusion I can come to from this statement is that youve seen Drew on day 1 of his recovery or when hes gotten hurt because there is literally no way he disappear more than he dominates, it would be impossible for him to produce the results he does if this were true.

Yes he does have an important impact for the Lakers D and on the offensive glass, but he is far from being the Lakers x factor and doesnt deserve to constantly be considered and labeled the reason for the Lakers to win or lose like he is.
These are semantic issues, being an x-factor isnt a compliment, it basically means your inconsistent so if you happen to show up its a huge plus. I dont know which of the Lakers x-factors are a must, but Bynum playing huge is certainly among them.

THANK YOU, you see these are the games I wished you saw. Bynum dominates most of these cats on the regular. Nene, while efficient, isnt really a true center, cant rebound, or defend the rim, he gets punked by Bynum whenever they play. Bogut is basically a poor mans Bynum but his defensive impact is arguably identical, if only he hadnt injured himself he might be in the discussion, Noah is an offensive liability and doesnt even impact the one area hes suppose to be great at (defense) in the same way, Gasol had a HORRIBLE season, if he bounces back he will be in the discussion.

Horford is a face up jumpshooter but he happens to be elite at that, his defensive markers are decent as well, my only complaint is that you have a guy whos team desperately want to move him to the PF as a superior CENTER. I dont see the Lakers wanting to move Bynum to the 4, in fact they desperately want Bynum to stay healthy so that Pau doesnt have to spend much time there. If Bynum landed in ATL, they would move Horford to the 4 where he belongs.

Duncan has been completely LOCKED DOWN by Bynum but hes a HOF'er so I can see the argument but it may not last past this year.

Chronz
06-22-2011, 12:09 PM
A case can be made for Nene, Horford (naturally a PF but plays C so that's no biggy)

Horford MAYBE, because his defensive stats 1 on 1 are decent though the fact that he cant anchor a defense the way Bynum can probably eliminates him.

Nene though, what does he have going for him that Bynum doesnt just smash on? PnR D?

OUbigdaddy
06-22-2011, 01:07 PM

Chandler is a top 5 center.. And running the break is an important part of the nba for a center these days. It shows how much you know about the nba. It is a fast paced game. Bynum is a good center, but he is not as good as you laker fans make him out to be. As far as thug behaviour goes he is a thug, as was Lambeer. If you hit somebody during a game that is what it makes you a thug pal!!! :facepalm:

Chronz
06-22-2011, 01:13 PM
Chandler is a top 5 center.. And running the break is an important part of the nba for a center these days. It shows how much you know about the nba. It is a fast paced game. Bynum is a good center, but he is not as good as you laker fans make him out to be. As far as thug behaviour goes he is a thug, as was Lambeer. If you hit somebody during a game that is what it makes you a thug pal!!! :facepalm:

I can already tell you what hes going to say and he would be right, running the break isnt as important as operating in the Half Court. You overrate Chandler.

GREATNESS ONE
06-22-2011, 01:30 PM
Or defensively, the only thing McGee has on Bynum is that he is a better athlete.

However you have to excuse that poster. He is extremely horrible when it comes to understanding a player's worth.

:laugh2:

AI4MVP
06-22-2011, 01:34 PM

get the hell out of here. McGee would be a much better fit for the wolves in my honest opinion. Hes superior athleticism makes him a much better compliment to Rubio and Love. And overall he is not far behind Bynum

AI4MVP
06-22-2011, 01:36 PM
BTW i hope the Wolves just go after Marc Gasol. Id take him over Bynum every day of the week, every week of the month, every month of the year.

Chronz
06-22-2011, 01:45 PM
get the hell out of here. McGee would be a much better fit for the wolves in my honest opinion. Hes superior athleticism makes him a much better compliment to Rubio and Love. And overall he is not far behind Bynum
Can you explain how a player who is inferior on both ends, is the better fit due to athleticism? Dont you care at all about fundamentals

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 02:12 PM

I have no problem with your opinion. However if you want a winning franchise then Bynum would be the player for you. If you want to remain stuck in mediocrity fine have McGee.

Athleticism makes him a better compliment to Rubio and Love? Wow, I must say you really don't know how to value your own players. Just remember one thing Magic Johnson always say "throw it inside". I would LOVE to see Rubio throw it inside to McGee and have him turn the ball over 3 out of every 8 times 4 times throw up a horrible brick and one time (the time when he manages to actually get himself into position to score) dunk it.

ANY PG would drool over having a capable offensive and defensive in more ways than just a weak side shot blocker (Noah isn't as good a blocker as McGee but he's more valuable defensively hell even Kurt Thomas).

Bynum is one of the few Cs in the entire NBA who can adequately make up for what Love lacks defensively (though he isn't as bad as most think). McGee would be a slight upgrade over Darko and you see how WELL you guys did defensively with Darko at the C last season.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Horford MAYBE, because his defensive stats 1 on 1 are decent though the fact that he cant anchor a defense the way Bynum can probably eliminates him.

Nene though, what does he have going for him that Bynum doesnt just smash on? PnR D?

While I will not buy into it a case for Nene being better one can be made for Nene through the viewpoint of offensive efficiency. As far as offensive skill set or overall defensive play/impact Bynum has him beat in damn near every aspect.

Avenged
06-22-2011, 02:43 PM
BTW i hope the Wolves just go after Marc Gasol. Id take him over Bynum every day of the week, every week of the month, every month of the year.

Marc Gasol? I'm assuming this is based on health rather than "who's better?".

Bynum is far more efficient than M. Gasol, shoots better, has a more defined skill set in the post, and rebounds at a much higher rate. These are all Center characteristics.

The Wolves might be better off with McGee rather than Marc Gasol if we are basing this off of this past season.

AI4MVP
06-22-2011, 02:55 PM
great athletes become great players with point guards who know how to pass the ball.

Tony_Starks
06-22-2011, 02:57 PM
Now the Wolves are reportedly trying to get Steve Nash with the #2 pick? I'm going to need Mr Hawkeye to come in here and tell me what his guy Kahn is attempting to do because he seriously overestimates the value of that pick in a weak draft.

Enough is enough man, I can ask to trade my girl for Halle Berry but it aint happening!

cwilson21
06-22-2011, 02:59 PM
The #2 pick is worth more than just 1 year of Steve Nash on a team that won't contend for the championship next season.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 03:02 PM
great athletes become great players with point guards who know how to pass the ball.

And someone who knows how to back their point actually says something with merit rather than nothingness such as a post like this.

Just as many examples as you'd have for those who got better (don't know what you are talking about with great players) there is for those who became even worst players.

Try again.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 03:04 PM
The #2 pick is worth more than just 1 year of Steve Nash on a team that won't contend for the championship next season.

:nod: as great as Steve Nash is it's not like he has THAT much left in the tank. 3-4 MAX years, 2-3 years reality.

cwilson21
06-22-2011, 03:14 PM
:nod: as great as Steve Nash is it's not like he has THAT much left in the tank. 3-4 MAX years, 2-3 years reality.

And I believe just 1 year left on his contract which = wouldn't re-sign with Minnesota after the '11 season.

Hawkeye15
06-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Now the Wolves are reportedly trying to get Steve Nash with the #2 pick? I'm going to need Mr Hawkeye to come in here and tell me what his guy Kahn is attempting to do because he seriously overestimates the value of that pick in a weak draft.

Enough is enough man, I can ask to trade my girl for Halle Berry but it aint happening!

bogus rumor. Why would you trade the #2 pick for a 37 year old one year rental?

OldSchoolViking
06-22-2011, 03:18 PM
No to: Bynum, Nash, and Gasol (unless his name is Marc) especially if MBeasley is involved. We have young studs and need a young stud center to grow with this group.

Bynum without the man of steel Kobe Bryant is a headcase! If Bynum comes to Minnie without a strong personality who has rings like Kobe on the roster, he will revert back to his "terrible twos" phase and won't have anyone to check him. Can you imagine the close up TV shots of Bynum on the bench in a Wolves uniform where we are last in the standings, being blown out by 20 points and he knows after the game he has to take his Bentley back home to his condo and it's 20 degrees below zero outside? NOT GOOD. Bynum is a Debbie Downer!

Bynum is a solid Top 10 Center in the NBA, but he is not the leader-type that is needed for a team that has an average age of 25 years old (sans Luke the old man) especially because Kahn would be trading away the highest draft pick in the team's history for him AND our best pure scorer BEase!!!

All you Beasley haters: Beasley averaged 19.2 points and 5.6 rebounds per game last season as the starting small forward for the Timberwolves for a dysfunctional team with a first time coach and a NBA GM that threw him under the bus at his first press conference and at 22 years old continues to work hard on his game and be a good citizen.

Take the #2, Flynn and Pek and trade it for McGee and Wizards #1 in 2012. And then overpay for Arron Afflalo.

AI4MVP
06-22-2011, 03:19 PM
And someone who knows how to back their point actually says something with merit rather than nothingness such as a post like this.

Just as many examples as you'd have for those who got better (don't know what you are talking about with great players) there is for those who became even worst players.

Try again.

the point is for the value, id rather take mcgee. if we were to try to get bynum, we'd prolly have to give more players. if we were to get mcgee, they would give us more players. considering this, and the fact that mcgee would be just as good for us as bynum would do, its a no brainer for me.

and idk why I have to back my point. i have no bias' towards either player

but anyways. McGee is the type of player that strives with a pass first point guard like Rubio. Thats why it compliments the Wolves better. He can run the floor and make athletic finishes. Bynum is a dump it down low center. A pass first point guard isnt need to dump it down low. U can put shaq at the wing and tell him to dump it down low too.

Avenged
06-22-2011, 03:22 PM

Nah man, although Nash is better, look at his age. How much do you think he has left? 1/2 season? 1? 2? Definitely not worth a #2 pick in the long run regardless if it is a weak draft.

I think the fact that everyone has it in their head that it's a "weak draft", is the reason the Wolves are trying to trade it since the #2 is (from what it seems) easily attainable which might make teams "bite". It may be a weak draft, but a #2 pick might still guarantee you a future all-star at best if he doesn't turn out to be a bust.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 03:46 PM
the point is for the value, id rather take mcgee. if we were to try to get bynum, we'd prolly have to give more players. if we were to get mcgee, they would give us more players. considering this, and the fact that mcgee would be just as good for us as bynum would do, its a no brainer for me.

and idk why I have to back my point. i have no bias' towards either player

but anyways. McGee is the type of player that strives with a pass first point guard like Rubio. Thats why it compliments the Wolves better. He can run the floor and make athletic finishes. Bynum is a dump it down low center. A pass first point guard isnt need to dump it down low. U can put shaq at the wing and tell him to dump it down low too.

McGee had a pass first PG last season. A PG who most (excluding you of course) would agree is better than Rubio. What did that get them? What did that get him?

Contrary to your belief a pass first PG indeed benefits MORE from a C with whom he can dump the ball inside to (the TEAM as especially). You do realize that despite the fact that the Wolves are a high pace offense at some point they won't be running, running, running and at that point no matter how athletic Javale is he's not going to help you very much offensively other than a back door lob or offensive rebound. A PG such as Rubio NEEDS a C who can be effective in the half court if he or the Wolves is ever going to have any kind of success.

One of the most important jobs of a PG is to set the pace of a game, something which much more important for a team that tends to be of a higher pace and ran by a 20 year old rookie PG. You really underestimate the value of big who can actually help control the offense.

For someone who loves Rubio so much you really don't know what would be best for him or your franchise. With McGee you'd get highlight reel plays with Bynum you'd get wins. You look at this only from an offensive viewpoint based on athleticism but you completely neglect basic fundamentals. You haven't even mentioned the word defense.

Tell me something. Which would you rather Rubio averaged 8 and 6 and the Wolves finish the the 6th seed in the West or Rubio winning ROY and the Wolves finishing in last place?

WSU Tony
06-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Wall is a better passer than Rubio?

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 04:00 PM

I didn't see any say that, do you?

Chronz
06-22-2011, 04:31 PM

No but Livingston was

Hawkeye15
06-22-2011, 04:41 PM
No but Livingston was

you are infatuated with the most random players dude. Interesting

Purple&Gold24
06-22-2011, 04:50 PM
Bynum wont be traded. Ever.

markbutter
06-22-2011, 05:09 PM
I don't think the Bynum / #2 trade happens either. But, LA had a 91M payroll last season (120M if you include the lux tax), Kobe's extension kicks in this year at ~20M I believe. If you're the Lakers, you pick up Kanter, Pau stays at PF and you cut your payroll by ~10M going into the new CBA. Get the Wolves to throw in a PG and send someone back to them and the Lakers have improved overall from a financial standpoint and don't lose much on the team perspective.

With M. Brown coming in and running a more traditional offense (i.e., get out of Kobe's way), I think they might make that trade. It's Dr. Buss' son who has the hard-on. He was the one who wanted him drafted and the one who didnt' trade him two years ago for Kidd. Suppose Kanter goes for 10/5, so what do you lose ?? 5 points and 5 rebounds while trimming your payroll by 10M? And in reality, that's 20M with the luxury tax (assuming it's kept in the new CBA). Or perhaps they go to a hard cap.

People in LA might be bummed, but they also remember Bynum being hurt alot (though no fault of his own).

AI4MVP
06-22-2011, 06:10 PM
McGee had a pass first PG last season. A PG who most (excluding you of course) would agree is better than Rubio. What did that get them? What did that get him?

Contrary to your belief a pass first PG indeed benefits MORE from a C with whom he can dump the ball inside to (the TEAM as especially). You do realize that despite the fact that the Wolves are a high pace offense at some point they won't be running, running, running and at that point no matter how athletic Javale is he's not going to help you very much offensively other than a back door lob or offensive rebound. A PG such as Rubio NEEDS a C who can be effective in the half court if he or the Wolves is ever going to have any kind of success.

One of the most important jobs of a PG is to set the pace of a game, something which much more important for a team that tends to be of a higher pace and ran by a 20 year old rookie PG. You really underestimate the value of big who can actually help control the offense.

For someone who loves Rubio so much you really don't know what would be best for him or your franchise. With McGee you'd get highlight reel plays with Bynum you'd get wins. You look at this only from an offensive viewpoint based on athleticism but you completely neglect basic fundamentals. You haven't even mentioned the word defense.

Tell me something. Which would you rather Rubio averaged 8 and 6 and the Wolves finish the the 6th seed in the West or Rubio winning ROY and the Wolves finishing in last place?

did the suns play better when it when it was nash primarily giving it to shaq, or with stoudemire? thank u

Chronz
06-22-2011, 06:13 PM
you are infatuated with the most random players dude. Interesting

"Livingstons getting alot of turnovers because guys just arent ready for his passes, they arent used to playing alongside such a gifted passer."
The Great Dunleavy

As far as Im concerned, Livingston was every bit the prospect Rubio was.

Swashcuff
06-22-2011, 06:15 PM
did the suns play better when it when it was nash primarily giving it to shaq, or with stoudemire? thank u

That's your response?

Really THAT is your response? Could your response be ANY worst?

Smh.

Amar'e Stoudemire >>>> 35 year old oft injured Shaquille O'Neal

AI4MVP
06-22-2011, 06:19 PM
shaq was actually very good on the suns. better the bynum is right now. go look at all the stats u want. but im not comparing players. im comparing styles of play. athletic run the floor vs dump it inside.

AI4MVP
06-22-2011, 06:24 PM
btw this is not to say i wouldnt be thrilled to have bynum on the wolves. just not at the cost of 2nd AND beasley

MickeyMgl
06-23-2011, 07:19 AM
They hate on him BECAUSE he only played limited mins and was injured.

Some people can't get that through their heads.

MickeyMgl
06-23-2011, 07:28 AM
its proven fact, Lakers over value theyre own players.

First off, every team's fans over value their players.

Secondly, in what way has this been proven as a fact? I mean, clearly the Lakers just weren't that interested in breaking up their team, which reached the Finals 3 of the last 4 seasons. Are they OBLIGATED to take the deal that you would take?

I mean, at any given time, they have two choices, right? They either make a trade, in which case they and another team came to some sort of agreement about how much their player(s) was/were worth. Thus, they weren't overvaluing their own player.

Or the other choice, is don't make a trade, keep the players they have, and keep doing what they had been doing lately, which was reaching Finals and winning championships. And how does that prove that they over value their players?

wjmoffatt
06-23-2011, 07:50 AM
I think #2, Beasley, Pek, and Flynn could get it done for Bynum.

Lakers get a lot younger everywhere

MN get Bynum

NA would only do it for Love, not Beasley, don't need another Odom

King Drew
06-23-2011, 10:00 AM
lol I think bynum is a bust so I would do it.

blahblahyoutoo
06-23-2011, 11:18 AM
lol I think bynum is a bust so I would do it.

bynum is not a bust, but he definitely didn't live up to the hype.
his injuries have a lot to do with it.

he's definitely a top big man when healthy though.