PDA

View Full Version : well it appears enes kanter will drop down to wizards at 6

j-bay
06-21-2011, 12:15 PM
http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/30162715?source=rss_blogs_NBA

j-bay
06-21-2011, 12:17 PM
KYSportsBuzz‎ Rumors picking up that the Wizards may trade with Cleveland for the 4th pick so they can select Enes Kanter.

Probballdraft: Very real scenario being discussed. Cavs trade #4 to Wizards for #6 & Wizards take Kanter. Cavs would want #18 too.

klay
06-21-2011, 12:19 PM
i think cleveland should take jonas valcianas(sp?) much better than kanter imo.

black1605
06-21-2011, 12:21 PM
If they do end up with Kanter, I hope the Bobcats would contact the Wizards about McGee. Not sure what it would take, but he would be a huge upgrade.

j-bay
06-21-2011, 12:22 PM
i think cleveland should take jonas valcianas(sp?) much better than kanter imo.

DraftExpress‎ Really surprised that Jonas Valanciunas deciding to stay in Europe for another season in a lockout year is such a big deal to lottery teams.

j-bay
06-21-2011, 12:24 PM
If they do end up with Kanter, I hope the Bobcats would contact the Wizards about McGee. Not sure what it would take, but he would be a huge upgrade.

they are not giving up mcgee. if they wouldn't give up mcgee to the t-wolves for the 2nd pick what makes you think they would give up mcgee to a division rival. And also you guys have NOTHING we like

MrfadeawayJB
06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
I would love to see Kanter in a washington uni next year. I can see him being the best player (longterm) in the draft. That would be a sick core out there (Wall, Kanter) trade McGee for another nice peice

kenzo400
06-21-2011, 12:27 PM
Kanter is not going to drop to sixth pick. The Raptors will take him at 5 if he is still available.

dhopisthename
06-21-2011, 12:29 PM
that article hardly implies he will be there, in fact it mentions the jazz might take him at 3

j-bay
06-21-2011, 12:29 PM
Kanter is not going to drop to sixth pick. The Raptors will take him at 5 if he is still available.

• The Raptors, who agreed in principle Monday with defensive-minded coach Dwane Casey to replace Jay Triano, are sending out signals that they’re all about Bismack Biyombo with the fifth pick, but rival executives are skeptical. One such exec is banking on Toronto taking 6-11 forward Jan Vesely, regarded as the best international prospect in the draft.

• If Toronto passes on Biyombo, some execs believe he could slide as far as 14-18, and the Knicks, with the 17th pick, are known to be high on him. But the apple of the Knicks’ eye is BYU sharpshooter Jimmer Fredette, and New York officials are trying to compute how far they’d have to trade up for him and what it would cost. The Knicks also like Michigan point guard Darius Morris, and one exec said the word Monday had New York looking into trade-up options for Georgia Tech shooting guard Iman Shumpert.

j-bay
06-21-2011, 12:31 PM
that article hardly implies he will be there, in fact it mentions the jazz might take him at 3

The smart choice is to take Knight which everyone is saying

DeyAce
06-21-2011, 12:34 PM
Kanter = bust

kenzo400
06-21-2011, 12:35 PM
• The Raptors, who agreed in principle Monday with defensive-minded coach Dwane Casey to replace Jay Triano, are sending out signals that they’re all about Bismack Biyombo with the fifth pick, but rival executives are skeptical. One such exec is banking on Toronto taking 6-11 forward Jan Vesely, regarded as the best international prospect in the draft.

The only way Raptors would take Bismack Biyombo is if they trade down. There is no way he is being selected 5th overal. Also the Raptors do not need another PF, we have enough. They are in desperate need of a true Center, which Kanter is. Vesely is another PF, that essentially plays the same type of game as Andrea. Unless they are planning on trading Andrea, which there is no indication of, they are not taking Vesely.

black1605
06-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Kanter = bust

Celph Titled?

klay
06-21-2011, 12:36 PM

please no i really don't want this kid.

klay
06-21-2011, 12:38 PM

• If Toronto passes on Biyombo, some execs believe he could slide as far as 14-18, and the Knicks, with the 17th pick, are known to be high on him. But the apple of the Knicks’ eye is BYU sharpshooter Jimmer Fredette, and New York officials are trying to compute how far they’d have to trade up for him and what it would cost. The Knicks also like Michigan point guard Darius Morris, and one exec said the word Monday had New York looking into trade-up options for Georgia Tech shooting guard Iman Shumpert.

smoke screen, imo it's knight/kemba for us.

klay
06-21-2011, 12:40 PM
The only way Raptors would take Bismack Biyombo is if they trade down. There is no way he is being selected 5th overal. Also the Raptors do not need another PF, we have enough. They are in desperate need of a true Center, which Kanter is. Vesely is another PF, that essentially plays the same type of game as Andrea. Unless they are planning on trading Andrea, which there is no indication of, they are not taking Vesely.

kanter is a pf he has stated he wants to be a pf multiple times pairing him alongside bargnani would be horrible as kanter is a horrible defender. imo jonas VAL would be a better option if we want a center.

kenzo400
06-21-2011, 12:41 PM

Why not? NBA scouts have only good things to say about him. He is only 19 years old and everybody is impressed with his strenghts, saying he can definetly guard other Centers in the NBA. Plus he has a good jump shot and pretty sound offensive game as well. This guy would be perfect on the Raptors.

kenzo400
06-21-2011, 12:42 PM
kanter is a pf he has stated he wants to be a pf multiple times pairing him alongside bargnani would be horrible as kanter is a horrible defender. imo jonas VAL would be a better option if we want a center.

He has stated he wants to be a PF, but he plays much more like a Center. I'm not sure where you are getting that he is a terrible defender. From what i have read that is one of his main strenghts, tough defense and good rebounding. That is exactly what we need.

chaos47
06-21-2011, 12:43 PM
if the wizards do get kanter, why in the world would they trade mcgee and not not blatche. mcgee is our center, and kanter is not. it wouldd be dumb to give up mcgee, right now. he showed signs of promise with wall and I want to see one more year, plus he is a great shot blocker.

j-bay
06-21-2011, 12:46 PM
^i know trade blatche

dhopisthename
06-21-2011, 12:47 PM
The smart choice is to take Knight which everyone is saying

why is it the smart choice to take a pg who doesn't pass when we already have one?

koreancabbage
06-21-2011, 12:49 PM
Raptors will select Kanter if he's available at 5, no doubt about it. He's a top 4 pick in my opinion, but does Cleveland not pick him up and pick up someone else? i don't see it happening. The only person that has a possibility of falling out of the top 4 is Knight, but thats iffy

Irving, Williams, Kanter, and Knight are the top 4 consensus picks. only other plays capable of busting into the top 4 is Jonas cuz of his potential. but since he can't play for another year due to contractual issues, my stated top 4 are the top 4 in the most likely scenario.

klay
06-21-2011, 12:51 PM
He has stated he wants to be a PF, but he plays much more like a Center. I'm not sure where you are getting that he is a terrible defender. From what i have read that is one of his main strenghts, tough defense and good rebounding. That is exactly what we need.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Enes-Kanter-5168/

watch the video of his defensive breakdown.

-This lack of experience shows up first and foremost on the defensive end, where Kanter was incredibly ineffective in the film we watched. His fundamentals, instincts and positioning leave a lot to be desired. He can often be found standing straight up in the paint with his arms down, putting in little to no effort. He rarely boxes out his opponent and generally looks disinterested in anything that has to do with defense. He rarely bends his knees and often fails to get back in transition--doing very little to protect the paint when he does.

While it's not unheard of to see high school players competing in this nature, there's no question that man to man defense is an area that will be a major transition for him at the NBA level, something the coaching staff of the team that drafts him must be prepared for. It's tough to know how much of Kanter's lack of effort is a product of environment and how much is simply a personality trait. If it's personality based, that's more of a concern. Would a high motor player allow himself to be exposed in this manner?

defense is far from his strong suite he's a post bargnani,

klay
06-21-2011, 12:52 PM
if we take kanter bargnani cant be here

j-bay
06-21-2011, 12:53 PM
why is it the smart choice to take a pg who doesn't pass when we already have one?

the jazz already has favors and harris might be gone

j-bay
06-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Raptors will select Kanter if he's available at 5, no doubt about it. He's a top 4 pick in my opinion, but does Cleveland not pick him up and pick up someone else? i don't see it happening. The only person that has a possibility of falling out of the top 4 is Knight, but thats iffy

Irving, Williams, Kanter, and Knight are the top 4 consensus picks. only other plays capable of busting into the top 4 is Jonas cuz of his potential. but since he can't play for another year due to contractual issues, my stated top 4 are the top 4 in the most likely scenario.

tats why the wizards are talking trade

DeyAce
06-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Celph Titled?

Hellz yea. Best rapper alive

dhopisthename
06-21-2011, 01:01 PM

what does favors have to do with kanter? they both have the size to play center

stuckyfreshhh
06-21-2011, 01:28 PM
doesn't sound all that credible to me. BUT as a Wizards fan I'd be estatic. He's be the perfect fit next to McGee. All we'd need was a 3 and next year is supposed to be loaded at the 3.

By all mean we should trad 6 and 18 for 4.

We get Kanter
And the Cav's get Valciunas (who they are supposedly higher on) and the 18th pick.

Everybody wins.

Tarheels23
06-21-2011, 01:49 PM
smoke screen, imo it's knight/kemba for us.

No way Toronto only drafts international players.

If Kanter ends up in Wash, why would the trade McGee and not Blatche? From what Ive read, it sounds like Kanter is more of a PF anyways.

klay
06-21-2011, 02:12 PM

If Kanter ends up in Wash, why would the trade McGee and not Blatche? From what Ive read, it sounds like Kanter is more of a PF anyways.

:facepalm: i believe bargnani is the only international player we drafted this decade. (uros slokar and roko ukic were late 2nd rounders) whats with this perception toronto only likes international player?? our whole starting lineup consists of one euro and only 3 euros total and 4 international when you count barbosa.

Romo2Bryant
06-21-2011, 02:14 PM

lol

C_Mund
06-21-2011, 02:15 PM
Celph Titled?

...the Rubix Cuban?

Ironman5219
06-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Dhops right: Jazz will take Kanter at 3. We already have a solid PG in Harris. We don't know what we have with Okur, so Kanter fills that void. Also Jazz were not impressed with Knight at a recent workout: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=&c=1&TEAM_ID=22&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20110611#STORY_33501

Romo2Bryant
06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm not a Kings fan but I hope they get Kemba or Knight somehow... Because I want Kings stay at Sacramento(drafting one of them will sell more tickets), and this would allow T. Evans play at the 2 spot. Kemba/Evans/Cousins (that's a pretty nice 3) and they would have Marcus Thornton deadly shooter off the bench.

I also think Wizards should either trade up at #2 and pick Derrick Williams or stay put and draft Jan Vesely.

Tarheels23
06-21-2011, 02:24 PM
:facepalm: i believe bargnani is the only international player we drafted this decade. (uros slokar and roko ukic were late 2nd rounders) whats with this perception toronto only likes international player?? our whole starting lineup consists of one euro and only 3 euros total and 4 international when you count barbosa.

Well to start the year you had Peja? plus Kleiza Calderon Bargnani Barbosa.

Last year you had Bellinelli Hedo Bargnani and Nesterovich Calderon

Just going off of recent history

klay
06-21-2011, 02:31 PM

you said we only DRAFT international players, bargnani is the only international player we used a top 10 pick on EVER in our whole existence.

here is our draft history not a lot of international players in here http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/draft_history.html

CB29
06-21-2011, 02:35 PM

We haven't drafted any of those guys except bargnani. I don't get you ppl. SA has drafted so many more international talents compared to the raps. ANyways we traded and released peja in midseason.

venom518
06-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Some of these thread titles really need to be reviewed before they get posted. Kanter will be gone before the sixth pick. But this thread title makes it seem like he's definitely going 6th. Just because the Wiz will take him at six does not mean he will be there at 6. I can post a thread saying that Irving will drop down to 41 just cause the Lakers want him.

j-bay
06-21-2011, 03:04 PM
http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-wizards/2011/6/21/2235565/nba-draft-2011-rumors-washington-wizards-enes-kanter

venom518
06-21-2011, 03:14 PM
http://dc.sbnation.com/washington-wizards/2011/6/21/2235565/nba-draft-2011-rumors-washington-wizards-enes-kanter

Which proves my point. Kanter won't be there at 6, which is why the Wiz are trying to trade up. Kanter is not dropping down, which is the Title of your thread.

koreancabbage
06-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Dhops right: Jazz will take Kanter at 3. We already have a solid PG in Harris. We don't know what we have with Okur, so Kanter fills that void. Also Jazz were not impressed with Knight at a recent workout: http://www.hoopsworld.com/HeadlineStories.asp?lc=&c=1&TEAM_ID=22&PLAYER_ID=&hd=20110611#STORY_33501

if that is true, Knight is going to belong to the Raptors. Cavs take either Leonard/JonasV/Vesely or trade the pick... for a team that wants Knight or any of the other players mentioned before.

ATSW02D16
06-21-2011, 06:18 PM
I see the Wiz trading their 6th and 18th pick to Cleveland for their 4th pick in order to make sure they get him. Because he won't slip past the Cavs.

BuddhaMONK
06-21-2011, 06:28 PM

your right!!!!

Carter was international
Mcgrady was international
bosh was international
bargani was international

Because none of them are Canadian so unless Raptors pick Thompson the international trend will continue. We will pick another foreigner in brandon knight. I hope he speaks english, most of these foreigners don`t.

j-bay
06-22-2011, 05:16 PM
I got this from the real gm message board from a poster. The guy is from turkey.

Enes and his agent just spoke to CNN Turk here in Turkey. Enes was asked about his preference for a particular team to draft him and Wizards were mentioned in the question. He said his agent would talk about the Wizards. Then his agent said that the owner and front office of Wizards are in love with Enes and trying to move up especially for the past two days to draft Enes because they think he won't last to the 6th. He said that the Wizards want to rebuild the team around Wall, Crawford, and Enes.

mgsports
06-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Cavs are keeping both Picks and want another First Rounder. Already ahve 3 Point Guards on Rosters and need a C/SG/SF.

North Yorker
06-22-2011, 05:30 PM
We hear the Jazz will take Enes Kanter 3rd and Cleveland will take Jonas Valanciunas 4th. Knight goes 5th and Kemba could be the odd man out

http://twitter.com/#!/nbadraftnet

Not sure I quite believe this yet, but Minnesota is apparently telling NBA teams that they are taking Enes Kanter #2 over Derrick Williams.

http://twitter.com/#!/DraftExpress

dhopisthename
06-22-2011, 05:33 PM
I got this from the real gm message board from a poster. The guy is from turkey.

Enes and his agent just spoke to CNN Turk here in Turkey. Enes was asked about his preference for a particular team to draft him and Wizards were mentioned in the question. He said his agent would talk about the Wizards. Then his agent said that the owner and front office of Wizards are in love with Enes and trying to move up especially for the past two days to draft Enes because they think he won't last to the 6th. He said that the Wizards want to rebuild the team around Wall, Crawford, and Enes.

well if he really wants to go to the wizards they are going to have to trade up to #3 possibly #2

dtmagnet
06-22-2011, 05:47 PM
If he somehow falls past the Cavs at 4 the Raptors will take him.

j-bay
06-22-2011, 05:49 PM
UtahJazzy‎ T-Wolves putting up a major smokescreen. Trying to get Wizards to bite or already have a trade ready to go
looks like the way it sounded in my earlier post the wizards might part with mcgee

j-bay
06-22-2011, 05:56 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/nbadraftnet

http://twitter.com/#!/DraftExpress

it seems like a smokescreen to force the wizards to trade up

j-bay
06-22-2011, 05:58 PM
@MrMichaelLee: Enes Kanter: "I would love to go to DC. It's an international city. Obama loves basketball. I would love to play with John Wall." #wizards

WolvesJagsOs
06-22-2011, 05:59 PM
^Intersting. Is that UtahJazzy guy a legit insder? Im so sick of getting caught up in news from people that are never legit.

j-bay
06-22-2011, 06:03 PM
^i don't know if he is but you know what has anybody seen a rookie besides a #1 pick been this confident on where he is exactly going to go. I mean i know kanter wants to go to DC but he seems so confident that he is going to go there.

Arch Stanton
06-22-2011, 06:08 PM
If Kanter is available at 4... I think the Cavs will trade down to Washington for the 6 and 18. Then select Valanciunos and Jordon Hamilton. Why not? Valanciunos has a lot of upside and since the Cavs are rebuilding and probably not going anywhere next year... it will be nice to know they have a legit center for the future.
However, if Derrick Williams is available at 4 (highly unlikely) all bets are off.

KnicksR4Real
06-22-2011, 06:10 PM

hahaha:facepalm:

WolvesJagsOs
06-22-2011, 06:10 PM
I wouldnt mind seeing McGee in a Wolves uni thats foresure lol.

THE GIPPER
06-22-2011, 06:14 PM
valinciunas>kanter

j-bay
06-22-2011, 06:20 PM
valinciunas>kanter

its true the only problem is he will be in europe next season thats all

Khalifa21
06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Pleeeeeeeeeeease trade us McGee then... We'll give you the #17 pick and Douglas or Fields.

j-bay
06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
REPORT: The #Wizards are likely passively screwed with leftovers if they don't trade up. But would it be a panic move?
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/30601/latest-draft-buzz-the-top-five-picks
2. The Wolves continue to debate between Derrick Williams and Enes Kanter at No. 2. However, it appears that Williams still holds a slight edge there despite the fact that the Wolves are beginning to tell teams they're taking Kanter. While I do think the Wolves are strongly considering Kanter, I think the fact that the news has gone public is an attempt by Minnesota to see if Kanter generates more trade interest than Derrick Williams did.

jimbobjarree
06-22-2011, 06:23 PM
he wont drop past 3 mate

j-bay
06-22-2011, 06:23 PM
Pleeeeeeeeeeease trade us McGee then... We'll give you the #17 pick and Douglas or Fields.

we want kanter not fields alought we will give up the 18 for fields

Knicks21
06-22-2011, 06:28 PM
we want kanter not fields alought we will give up the 18 for fields

Never knew Ernie Grunfeld was on PSD. :rolleyes:

DR_1
06-22-2011, 06:38 PM
It would def make things interesting if the Wolves took Kanter; he makes more sense cause they need a center. Anyway, if that were to happen, there would be a real chance of Williams slipping past Utah, who wants a PG, and into CLE.

Branwegner84
06-22-2011, 06:41 PM
Jonathan Givony
@DraftExpress Jonathan Givony
Not sure I quite believe this yet, but Minnesota is apparently telling NBA teams that they are taking Enes Kanter #2 over Derrick Williams.

mgsports
06-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Yes but somebody would jump to Utah's spot than to get Williams.

THE_FLASH_21
06-22-2011, 06:55 PM

So what??? Best player avb!!!!!! Knight( < )Harris Whatmakes you think the Jazz tarde Harris? They will Trade Harris if they get a PG with the second pick by trading up at .. Jazz #3 pick will be Kanter and the Jazz trade up to get Kemba

THE_FLASH_21
06-22-2011, 06:58 PM
It would def make things interesting if the Wolves took Kanter; he makes more sense cause they need a center. Anyway, if that were to happen, there would be a real chance of Williams slipping past Utah, who wants a PG, and into CLE.

I bet anything the Jazz dont let Williams pass them... We need a damn 3 more then a 1.. Why the **** is everyone saying that???? We have good PG in Harris :facepalm:

THE_FLASH_21
06-22-2011, 07:05 PM
he wont drop past 3 mate

THANK YOU JIMBO!!! We have to show these fans how we roll lol;):cool:

j-bay
06-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Jonathan Givony
@DraftExpress Jonathan Givony

2. The Wolves continue to debate between Derrick Williams and Enes Kanter at No. 2. However, it appears that Williams still holds a slight edge there despite the fact that the Wolves are beginning to tell teams they're taking Kanter. While I do think the Wolves are strongly considering Kanter, I think the fact that the news has gone public is an attempt by Minnesota to see if Kanter generates more trade interest than Derrick Williams did.

netsgiantsyanks
06-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Never knew Ernie Grunfeld was on PSD. :rolleyes:

:laugh2:

jimbobjarree
06-22-2011, 07:27 PM

absolutely no way D Will falls past 3 either. The Jazz played Hayward at the 2 last season, we have no small forward, whereas we have a PG in Harris. Harris may not be the longterm answer, but he'll do until we find something better, which isn't Knight. The Jazz supposedly see Knight as more of a combo guard anyway.

The Jazz will take the best player available, whether that be Kanter, or Williams if he falls.

jimbobjarree
06-22-2011, 07:29 PM
THANK YOU JIMBO!!! We have to show these fans how we roll lol;):cool:

exactly flash

dtmagnet
06-22-2011, 07:32 PM
he wont drop past 3 mate

I hope the Jazz take him so the Raptors can get Knight at 5.

Tanakid777
06-22-2011, 08:26 PM

same game as Bargnani??? I have to wonder how much you've seen Vesely play

stuckyfreshhh
06-23-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm starting to think the Kanter to the Jazz pick could just be a smokescreen. they could just be trying to get someone to trade up, a la the Wizards.

S-Dot
06-23-2011, 10:08 AM
KYSportsBuzz‎ Rumors picking up that the Wizards may trade with Cleveland for the 4th pick so they can select Enes Kanter.

Probballdraft: Very real scenario being discussed. Cavs trade #4 to Wizards for #6 & Wizards take Kanter. Cavs would want #18 too.

Not really sure what the Cavs are looking to do here but nice trade possibility for the Wizards. I wouldn't look to trade McGee immediately either. Kanter is certainly able to play the power forward, and that's a big front line. That's what got the Lakers over the hump in the 2009 and 2010 Finals so I like the idea of it.