PDA

View Full Version : Josh Smith would accept a trade to Boston, Houston, NJ & Orlando

MagicBucsSox
06-21-2011, 08:51 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Au8F1Qszi6PZxxVlYpgEASW8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_josh_smith_hawks_nba_draft_062011

Smith hasn’t requested a trade, but has privately told league friends that the Boston Celtics, New Jersey Nets, Houston Rockets and Orlando Magic are his preferred destinations should the Hawks decide to move him.

More highlights: Dwight Howard(notes) has been a proponent of the Magic trying to make a deal for Smith, a childhood friend, but general manager Otis Smith is low on assets. Houston has long been intrigued with Smith, but like Orlando and New Jersey, also probably doesn’t have the right pieces to make a trade. Hawks GM Rick Sund has long coveted Kevin Garnett(notes) and Ray Allen(notes) – two aging Celtics entering the final years of contracts – but Celtics GM Danny Ainge has yet to show an inclination to break up his core for next season.

North Yorker
06-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Do any of those teams have what it takes to get it done?

ATL needs a C, so a B.Lopez+ filler for Smith could work. Too bad the Magic traded Gortat last season, he would've been a perfect fit for the Hawks.

corky831
06-21-2011, 09:04 AM
i would love for the celts to get him, but idk if they have what it takes....sign and trade baby, avery bradley, and a 1st? dont know if that would get it done....

NBA-GMaster
06-21-2011, 09:15 AM
So are they saying he's going to Celtics in a package for KG and Ray.. Ill love to watch him play with Dwight.. Hmm.. what trade assets does Hawks want??

Mr.ATLHawks
06-21-2011, 09:15 AM
If the Hawks trade this man, the heart and soul of this team, and not Joe "IfmyjumperaintonIsuckballs" Johnson then I am ******* done with the Hawks. Josh can play the 3 and we still can get a center. I am so sick of the Hawks making dumb trades. We gave up on Jordan Crawford to get a injury prone Kirk Hinrich knowing damn well Jamal Crawford will probably not be back next year. We gave Joe that ridiculous contract and this sumbytch didnt even avg 20 point a game and he is 30 or pushing 30. How this organization can be settlede with mediocrity is beyond me. Address the real problem Joe Johnson and not Josh Smith who played his *** off in the playoffs.

KnicksR4Real
06-21-2011, 09:27 AM
He has some interesting locations...

mgsports
06-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Magic have Bass,Anderson,JJ that could make it work.

YoungOne
06-21-2011, 09:37 AM
i would love for the celts to get him, but idk if they have what it takes....sign and trade baby, avery bradley, and a 1st? dont know if that would get it done....

we would need to use KG or ray to get him

Romo2Bryant
06-21-2011, 09:41 AM
I could see a B. Lopez-J. Smith swap... Seems like solid trade for both teams.

JOSKOMANG4
06-21-2011, 09:42 AM
Unlikely but what about a 3 way trade:

- Hawks acquire PG J.Nelson, C B.Haywood, SG C.Brewer

Lineup:

C- Haywood
PF- Horford
SF- M.Williams
SG- J.Johnson
PG- J.Nelson

Bench: SG C.Brewer, C Zacha, PG J.Teague, F's P.SY & M.Rolle

Mavericks acquire F Hedu Turk & 2012 1st rd pick(V/Magic)

C- Chandler(resigned)
PF- Dirk
SF- Marion
SG- Terry
PG- Kidd

Bench: Turk(PF/SF), G's JJ Barea(resigned) & R.Beaubois, SF/SG D.Jones, C Mahimni

-Magic acquire G K.Hinrich & PF Josh Smith

C- J.Howard
PF- B.Bass
SF- J.Smith
SG- JJ Reddick
PG- G.Arenas

Bench: G K.Hinrich, PG C.Duhon, C/PF D.Orton, PF/SF R.anderson, SF/SG Q.Rich

JerseysFinest
06-21-2011, 09:45 AM
I pray to God Billy King gets this man in a Nets uniform.

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 09:48 AM
NJ no longer an unattractive spot for stars.. **** Dwight Howard! If we get JSmith, Howard will be as good as ours in 2012. Trade Lopez for JSmith. Hell yea!

pacofunk64
06-21-2011, 09:48 AM
I didn't realize Josh Smith was good enough to pick where he ended up. Solid player but by no means is he great.

JerseysFinest
06-21-2011, 09:49 AM
NJ no longer an unattractive spot for stars.. **** Dwight Howard! If we get JSmith, Howard will be as good as ours in 2012. Trade Lopez for JSmith. Hell yea!

Hell no!

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 09:51 AM
I pray to God Billy King gets this man in a Nets uniform.

Thats what i mean! Our fellow Nets fans keep insisting we trade for Dwight but by the sounds of it Otis Smith is calling Dwight's bluff and will not trade him. If we get Smith at SF Dwight will be ours in 2012

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Hell no!

:laugh2: why not? Its the only trade chip we have in this particular situation

JamaicanYouth
06-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Dont want em in houston

JerseysFinest
06-21-2011, 10:01 AM
:laugh2: why not? Its the only trade chip we have in this particular situation

Nets have to find a 3rd team to take Outlaw (it is possible) because they can't match salaries without a third team. For example, the Nets could send Travis to Dallas, and Dallas would send Haywood to Atlanta. Dallas saves money, and Atlanta finally receives a competent center they've coveted for years. Al Horford can finally return the natural power forward position. Outlaw would return to the role he played in Portland as an energy guy who can play the 3/4. He wouldn't be relied on to score like in New Jersey, and we all know that wasn't a good idea. Nets would receive J-Smoove, and you know why that'd be nice.

Hugbees
06-21-2011, 10:02 AM
Boston doesn't have ANY pieces that are tradable atm, Nj too... I don't see this happening

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Nets have to find a 3rd team to take Outlaw (it is possible) because they can't match salaries without a third team. For example, the Nets could send Travis to Dallas, and Dallas would send Haywood to Atlanta. Dallas saves money, and Atlanta finally receives a competent center they've coveted for years. Al Horford can finally return the natural power forward position. Outlaw would return to the role he played in Portland as an energy guy who can play the 3/4. He wouldn't be relied on to score like in New Jersey, and we all know that wasn't a good idea. Nets would receive J-Smoove, and you know why that'd be nice.

No its not. Dallas would lose all my respect if they agreed to such a deal. They would get rid of Haywood but what other motivation would they have to facilitate us getting a player like Smith? Maybe if we send them James who i believe is from Dallas but i doubt it cuz James has no value around the league.

JerseysFinest
06-21-2011, 10:08 AM
No its not. Dallas would lose all my respect if they agreed to such a deal. They would get rid of Haywood but what other motivation would they have to facilitate us getting a player like Smith? Maybe if we send them James who i believe is from Dallas but i doubt it cuz James has no value around the league.

Are you an NBA executive posting on PSD? Do you know for a fact no team in the NBA would take Travis Outlaw? Please also tell me any other trades that are brewing around the league also. Dallas is freeing themselves from Haywood's contract and saving money, while adding frontcourt depth. Corey Brewer and Peja Stojakovic are goners anyway.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
06-21-2011, 10:11 AM

The Nets traded Jordan Crawford to Atlanta for Damion James, so the Hawks obviously like him.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
06-21-2011, 10:12 AM
Outlaw would be a good fit in Dallas

RaJAxTWa
06-21-2011, 10:21 AM
lopez outlwa and farmer for josh smith nd 2nd round draft pick

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Are you an NBA executive posting on PSD? Do you know for a fact no team in the NBA would take Travis Outlaw? Please also tell me any other trades that are brewing around the league also. Dallas is freeing themselves from Haywood's contract and saving money, while adding frontcourt depth. Corey Brewer and Peja Stojakovic are goners anyway.

I dont need to be an NBA executive to realize that Outlaw is a bottom 10 player in the league in proportion to his contract. Take off your homer glasses man. Front court depth :laugh2: thats funny

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 10:24 AM
Outlaw would be a good fit in Dallas

explain

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 10:26 AM
lopez outlwa and farmer for josh smith nd 2nd round draft pick

No Farmar. He has some value.

NYsFinest
06-21-2011, 10:30 AM
To the Nets fans that say Knicks can't afford Howard/Paul....

how do you plan to afford Howard with Smith and Outlaw together making the equivalent of a max contract.

Mr.ATLHawks
06-21-2011, 10:33 AM
I didn't realize Josh Smith was good enough to pick where he ended up. Solid player but by no means is he great.

J Smith > Boozer (who got a max contract)

barreleffact
06-21-2011, 10:40 AM
J Smith > Boozer (who got a max contract)

what Boozer are you talking about because Carlos Boozer on the bulls got a marginally great value contract. They barely overpaid if at all. 5 years 80 mil total for him is very decent considering what Bosh and Amare received.

Pierzynski4Prez
06-21-2011, 10:40 AM

Until D-Will signs an extension there, it kinda is.

rurichie
06-21-2011, 10:46 AM
First D-Will is going to resign don't worry about that. Back to the real deal, if somehow Billy King could swing Josh Smith without giving up B.Lopez or D-Will, he would be my hero, but let's face it that's not happening. Who knows maybe a trade like showed below but throw in two picks this yrs first and second?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6jwk389

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 10:47 AM
what Boozer are you talking about because Carlos Boozer on the bulls got a marginally great value contract. They barely overpaid if at all. 5 years 80 mil total for him is very decent considering what Bosh and Amare received.

you cant analyse a players contract relative to what other players make. Try looking at what he brings to the team. Boozer is a bad contract

MagicBucsSox
06-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Nets fans have become the new annoying fans of psd. Dethroning the bulls fans

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-21-2011, 10:49 AM
ugh I find smith overrated.

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 10:50 AM
First D-Will is going to resign don't worry about that. Back to the real deal, if somehow Billy King could swing Josh Smith without giving up B.Lopez or D-Will, he would be my hero, but let's face it that's not happening. Who knows maybe a trade like showed below but throw in two picks this yrs first and second?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6jwk389

No way. ATL will probably want some expirings or a great talent back. Not high priced role players

jkiddvc20
06-21-2011, 10:52 AM

Yeah all 8 of us are that bad :eyebrow:

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 10:52 AM

:laugh2: I can see how you would feel that way. CLE fans went thru it a lot worse. Suck it up

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Lol... If he get's traded, he has no choice but to play for the team he got traded too :shrug:

rurichie
06-21-2011, 11:05 AM
No way. ATL will probably want some expirings or a great talent back. Not high priced role players

who knows maybe they want to get rid of him really bad

JerseysFinest
06-21-2011, 11:17 AM
I dont need to be an NBA executive to realize that Outlaw is a bottom 10 player in the league in proportion to his contract. Take off your homer glasses man. Front court depth :laugh2: thats funny

He'll be better next year.

JerseysFinest
06-21-2011, 11:17 AM

How so?

barreleffact
06-21-2011, 11:22 AM
you cant analyse a players contract relative to what other players make. Try looking at what he brings to the team. Boozer is a bad contract

Actually, he got cheaper than the going rate for a nearly 20ppg and above 10 rpg guy. Additionally, he doesnt have to be the second option anymore. He has better teammates now and less attempts per game which is the reason why his scoring went down. Its logical. Most importantly the guy said he got a MAX contract. That isnt relative to anything other than what a max contract is and the fact is he did not receive a max so it's not a viable statement.

TMAC94
06-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Dont want em in houston

i do.

MagicBucsSox
06-21-2011, 11:30 AM
How so?

Because they're running around swearing every player wants to go there when deron himself hasn't signed. They forget how Terrible a GM Billy king was in Philly. All these sigs with players not on their team. I cant wait til july1st when deron like Dwight n Paul don't take that ext.

I-4_Fan
06-21-2011, 11:33 AM

Lineup:

C- Haywood
PF- Horford
SF- M.Williams
SG- J.Johnson
PG- J.Nelson

C- Chandler(resigned)
PF- Dirk
SF- Marion
SG- Terry
PG- Kidd

Bench: Turk(PF/SF), G's JJ Barea(resigned) & R.Beaubois, SF/SG D.Jones, C Mahimni

C- D.Howard - Fixed it for you.
PF- B.Bass
SF- J.Smith
SG- JJ Reddick
PG- G.Arenas

Just hypothetical, if this was the case then the line up would be.

Howard
Bass
Smith
Arenas
Hinrich

with the 2 nd team being

J. Collins - Get him either by S&T or FA.
Anderson
Clarck
JJ
Duhon

I'll be honest with you. I think we get an amazing deal here. I don't see how we can get away with this.

rurichie
06-21-2011, 11:37 AM
Because they're running around swearing every player wants to go there when deron himself hasn't signed. They forget how Terrible a GM Billy king was in Philly. All these sigs with players not on their team. I cant wait til july1st when deron like Dwight n Paul don't take that ext.

if it makes u feel better i'll change it just for u ;)

rurichie
06-21-2011, 11:41 AM
better now?

mdm692
06-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Really we got aaron brooks, vince varter expiring plus the money to buy him out, robin lopez, and pietrus, for him and zaza. . .gives them cao space to sign nene or chandler plus a solid back up for both pg and the wings

Jeff teague/brooks
Jj/sg(maybe crawford resigns or fa)
Marvin williams/pietrus
Horford/
Nene or chandler/lopez

elonepb
06-21-2011, 12:22 PM
What Josh wants and what he'll get are two different things. Clippers can talk to every team in the NBA and make their trade. Josh will have to play there.

Punk
06-21-2011, 12:26 PM
Thats what i mean! Our fellow Nets fans keep insisting we trade for Dwight but by the sounds of it Otis Smith is calling Dwight's bluff and will not trade him. If we get Smith at SF Dwight will be ours in 2012

:laugh2: Smith at SF? :laugh2:

Heediot
06-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Do any of those teams have what it takes to get it done?

ATL needs a C, so a B.Lopez+ filler for Smith could work. Too bad the Magic traded Gortat last season, he would've been a perfect fit for the Hawks.

It would be Smith and more for Brook Lopez

Sportfan
06-21-2011, 12:31 PM
4 team trade.....Celtics get Josh Smith and DeAndre Jordan....Hawks get Ray Allen and Marcin Gortat ......Clippers get Jeff Teague 2012 Celtics first and #25.......Suns get Big Baby and Celtics 2012 first!

Hawks- Hinrich/Ray/JJ/Horford/Gortat with Crawford as 6th man :drool:
Celtics-Rondo/Pierce/J-Smoove/KG/Jordan with Green as 6th man :drool:

rurichie
06-21-2011, 12:38 PM
It would be Smith and more for Brook Lopez

Exactly but who?

Sportfan
06-21-2011, 12:39 PM
:laugh2: Smith at SF? :laugh2:
Yes, Smith IS a SF.

shep33
06-21-2011, 12:41 PM
I think Houston is the best fit. Unless they do a Lopez for Smith trade with fillers to make salaries right

elonepb
06-21-2011, 12:42 PM
There's no way the Nets trade Lopez, so I think they are out of the running for Smith. Lopez was untouchable in the Deron Williams trade as well as the Carmelo Anthony talks.

There's no way they suddenly make him available for a lesser player than those two.

rurichie
06-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Yes, Smith IS a SF.

he can play SF but he's mostly a PF

avrpatsfan
06-21-2011, 12:45 PM
Celtics :pray:

rurichie
06-21-2011, 12:48 PM
There's no way the Nets trade Lopez, so I think they are out of the running for Smith. Lopez was untouchable in the Deron Williams trade as well as the Carmelo Anthony talks.

There's no way they suddenly make him available for a lesser player than those two.

I would say he's untouchable anymore but I think the nets could snag a deal with a select few players.

YoungOne
06-21-2011, 12:55 PM
just to throw it in: JJ & smith for KG and ray ;)

Kees2315
06-21-2011, 12:55 PM
4 team trade.....Celtics get Josh Smith and DeAndre Jordan....Hawks get Ray Allen and Marcin Gortat ......Clippers get Jeff Teague 2012 Celtics first and #25.......Suns get Big Baby and Celtics 2012 first!

Hawks- Hinrich/Ray/JJ/Horford/Gortat with Crawford as 6th man
Celtics-Rondo/Pierce/J-Smoove/KG/Jordan with Green as 6th man

I think thats a good deal for all sides but it wont happen. Clippers dont want to trade deandre jordan unless its in a deal that includes howard or paul comming to LA. He is a vital piece to ANY trade if they want a star next to blake.

xXx J0SE 21 xXx
06-21-2011, 12:56 PM
This all depends on IF the Hawks would like to trade J. Smith before or on Draft Day.
Because IF NOT it opens alot more possibilities. IMO

DoMeFavors
06-21-2011, 12:56 PM

He cannot sign the extension untill July 17th though.

DoMeFavors
06-21-2011, 12:58 PM
better now?

No he shouldnt be wearing that number.

NYsFinest
06-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Dont understand why Nets fans are drooling over Smith...

doesn't this trade make it impossible for them to get Howard?
They would be left over with no assets to aqcuire him in a trade and would have over 40 million on the books for 3 players (if deron resigns) so free agency would be very unlikely as well.

Kees2315
06-21-2011, 01:00 PM
just to throw it in: JJ & smith for KG and ray ;)

if i was the celtics i wouldnt want jj contract. id rather look into FA for a RENTAL SG and save cap space for the little hope that they have in getting Dwight Howard.

DoMeFavors
06-21-2011, 01:01 PM
Dont understand why Nets fans are drooling over Smith...

doesn't this trade make it impossible for them to get Howard?
They would be left over with no assets to aqcuire him in a trade and would have over 40 million on the books for 3 players (if deron resigns) so free agency would be very unlikely as well.

Free Agency

mdm692
06-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Like i said wehave the best assets for hawks

NYsFinest
06-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Free Agency

If you claim that Knicks can't afford CP3, how can Nets afford Dwight with Smiths 13 million, Outlaws 7 million, Deron's 20 mill, Lopez (if you keep him) 10 million cap hold.

Plus Orlando is not dumb enough to wait until free agency if they don't drastically improve.

YoungOne
06-21-2011, 01:09 PM
if i was the celtics i wouldnt want jj contract. id rather look into FA for a RENTAL SG and save cap space for the little hope that they have in getting Dwight Howard.

yes, would be very risky, but a line up of
rondo, JJ, PP, Smith, JO sounds pretty good :D

xXx J0SE 21 xXx
06-21-2011, 01:12 PM
If you claim that Knicks can't afford CP3, how can Nets afford Dwight with Smiths 13 million, Outlaws 7 million, Deron's 20 mill, Lopez (if you keep him) 10 million cap hold.

Plus Orlando is not dumb enough to wait until free agency if they don't drastically improve.

Smith 11 mil

Outlaw will have to be included in the trade

and DWill right now is at 14.9 mill ( of course its pending on a new contract )

DoMeFavors
06-21-2011, 01:13 PM

Knicks will probably fill out their roster this summer, I doubt they wait untill next year. Carmelo and Amare both = like 40 something million and with a hard cap I doubt Chris Paul takes around 10 million a year.
As for Orlando Josh Smith and Brook are good assets for Dwight.

rurichie
06-21-2011, 01:13 PM
No he shouldnt be wearing that number.

I knw but only one i could find

NYsFinest
06-21-2011, 01:17 PM
Knicks will probably fill out their roster this summer, I doubt they wait untill next year. Carmelo and Amare both = like 40 something million and with a hard cap I doubt Chris Paul takes around 10 million a year. As for Orlando Josh Smith and Brook are good assets for Dwight.

Deron, Outlaw, Smith = like 40 something million and with a hard cap I doubt Dwight Howard takes around 10 million a year.

Sportfan
06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Celtics fans just want JJ because it would make getting J-Smoove much easier. JJ's contract is terrible, atlanta would be lucky for someone to take him.

NYK_kidd77
06-21-2011, 01:20 PM

It's kind of funny though. They have become what they used to bash knick fans for doing.

Sportfan
06-21-2011, 01:24 PM
I think thats a good deal for all sides but it wont happen. Clippers dont want to trade deandre jordan unless its in a deal that includes howard or paul comming to LA. He is a vital piece to ANY trade if they want a star next to blake.
If they think that's happening LAC is kidding themselves. Teague imo has the potential to be a very good PG. He showed something against the Bulls in the postseason. Plus he might hold out for a ton of money playing in LAC :shrug: Clippers would be smart to deal him now, Kaman is serviceable for the time being.

rurichie
06-21-2011, 01:32 PM
Deron, Outlaw, Smith = like 40 something million and with a hard cap I doubt Dwight Howard takes around 10 million a year.

most likely Outlaw would be gone by then also anything can happen between now and thursday

Hustlenomics
06-21-2011, 01:35 PM
make it happen Ainge

Sportfan
06-21-2011, 01:35 PM
he can play SF but he's mostly a PF
He will be better as a 3.

Kees2315
06-21-2011, 01:46 PM
If they think that's happening LAC is kidding themselves. Teague imo has the potential to be a very good PG. He showed something against the Bulls in the postseason. Plus he might hold out for a ton of money playing in LAC :shrug: Clippers would be smart to deal him now, Kaman is serviceable for the time being.

Clippers are also high on Bledsoe and they dont really need teague. Kaman is most likely to be gone if the trade with the 76ers go down.

rurichie
06-21-2011, 01:46 PM
Billy King make something happen!!!!

NYsFinest
06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
most likely Outlaw would be gone by then also anything can happen between now and thursday

Most likely he wont be gone because it is very likely that he has the worst contract (value wise) in the NBA and can only be traded with additional assets (which will all go to Josh Smith)

checkit
06-21-2011, 01:47 PM
make it happen Ainge

this..just without giving up too much.

YoungOne
06-21-2011, 01:51 PM
this..just without giving up too much.

we dont need smith without giving up pierce, green or KG

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 01:51 PM
who knows maybe they want to get rid of him really bad

Enough to gift him to NJ when other teams will surely be inyerested and offer more? btw i hate your sig.. IF we were to get Smith, that man better wear a different number because Kidd needs to have his jersey retired.

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 01:54 PM

:laugh2: Feel free to put Deron Williams on your sig... Cavs fans feel your pain brother

Tarheels23
06-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Does Smith have a no trade clause?

rurichie
06-21-2011, 02:06 PM

i would assume so because he is picking preferred destinations to be traded to

Tmath
06-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Enough to gift him to NJ when other teams will surely be inyerested and offer more? btw i hate your sig.. IF we were to get Smith, that man better wear a different number because Kidd needs to have his jersey retired.

Kidd was drafted by Dallas won a Championship in Dallas his jersey should be retired in Dallas imo.

JerseysFinest
06-21-2011, 02:13 PM

LoL, Josh Smith doesn't have a no trade clause. I believe only Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, and maybe the Miami Heatles.

DoMeFavors
06-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Kidd was drafted by Dallas won a Championship in Dallas his jersey should be retired in Dallas imo.

Your aware his jersey can be retired by as many teams that want to retire his number?

Tmath
06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Your aware his jersey can be retired by as many teams that want to retire his number?

No didn't know :o

DoMeFavors
06-21-2011, 02:20 PM
No didn't know :o

Michael Jordan's number is retired by Heat and he never played for them.

Tmath
06-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Michael Jordan's number is retired by Heat and he never played for them.

Kinda stupid if you ask me

Tarheels23
06-21-2011, 02:40 PM
LoL, Josh Smith doesn't have a no trade clause. I believe only Kobe Bryant, Dirk Nowitzki, and maybe the Miami Heatles.

So then what is stopping the Hawks from trading him to the Cavs? Smith won't have a choice to "accept" any trade.

NYsFinest
06-21-2011, 02:47 PM
So then what is stopping the Hawks from trading him to the Cavs? Smith won't have a choice to "accept" any trade.

Nothing those 4 teams are just speculation, hes under contract and will get traded wherever the Hawks decide to trade him.

Sportfan
06-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Well the article says the Hawks GM covets Allen and KG

*Silver&Black*
06-21-2011, 03:24 PM
What I don't get is PSD calls Smith trash, up until he wants a trade, then everyone wants him. Kind of silly but whatever.

As a Hawks fan, I like the Boston deal (Joe, Josh for KG, Allen, 2011 1st). If you think about Teague's development, having Allen instead of ISO Joe is a improvement. Teague/Hinrich, Allen, 1st pick for a SF, KG, Horford is still a playoff team. We dump Joe's contract. Then after Allen and KG walks, we would have cap space with Teague/Horford and a good free agent or 2 to work with.

On Boston's side, a Rondo, Joe, Pierce, Smith core IMO keeps their window open.

JPHX
06-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Boston still has no center if they did that.

He needs to get the chance to play with a pass first point guard. his numbers would skyrocket. Lopez, Pietrus, Warrick, future 1st for Smith.

*Silver&Black*
06-21-2011, 03:47 PM
All I know is The Hawks can trade Smith where they want to. Second, The Hawks are going 1 of 2 ways (and not to improve other teams without helping us):

1. Rebuild (meaning trading Smith needs to involve Joe's contract).

or

2. To Improve us (trading for a pile of junk players doesn't cut it).

Again, this isn't a "WE NEED TO TRADE JOSH" thing, as we have him under contract for a while. Hawks have the cards here, and they are either looking to improve Joe's Hawks team, or rebuild (and I doubt we can rebuild with Joe on this team). These 4 rumored teams have nothing that will IMPROVE Joe's team outside of maybe Nets and Lopez, so I see a rebuild thing with one of those teams having to take on Joe's contract. Also Magic is out of this rumor, if you take logic and understand we won't help our division rival keep Howard by trading his best friend to the Magic.

JPHX
06-21-2011, 03:52 PM
All I know is The Hawks can trade Smith where they want to. Second, The Hawks are going 1 of 2 ways (and not to improve other teams without helping us):

1. Rebuild (meaning trading Smith needs to involve Joe's contract).

or

2. To Improve us (trading for a pile of junk players doesn't cut it).

Again, this isn't a "WE NEED TO TRADE JOSH" thing, as we have him under contract for a while. Hawks have the cards here, and they are either looking to improve Joe's Hawks team, or rebuild (and I doubt we can rebuild with Joe on this team).

With the current state of my suns team, i wish our owner would sack up and take the hit from JJ's contract. from a basketball standpoint, i would do it if the incentive would be Jsmoove.

MacFitz92
06-21-2011, 03:55 PM

Lineup:

C- Haywood
PF- Horford
SF- M.Williams
SG- J.Johnson
PG- J.Nelson

C- Chandler(resigned)
PF- Dirk
SF- Marion
SG- Terry
PG- Kidd

C- J.Howard
PF- B.Bass
SF- J.Smith
SG- JJ Reddick
PG- G.Arenas

Mavs trade Haywood, Roddy, Barea, Jones, Mahinmi

for Hedu and a 2012 first?

Not a snow ball's chance in hell.

*Silver&Black*
06-21-2011, 03:56 PM
With the current state of my suns team, i wish our owner would sack up and take the hit from JJ's contract. from a basketball standpoint, i would do it if the incentive would be Jsmoove.

IF rebuilding is what we are doing (which is fine with me, because I rather see what Teague can do), then who takes Joe with a Smith deal, I will sign up for. Whatever comes back to us in it, just the normal rebuilding things (Picks, expirings, young guys, etc). Suns have those things with Vince, picks, etc.

DoMeFavors
06-21-2011, 04:01 PM
IF rebuilding is what we are doing (which is fine with me, because I rather see what Teague can do), then who takes Joe with a Smith deal, I will sign up for. Whatever comes back to us in it, just the normal rebuilding things (Picks, expirings, young guys, etc). Suns have those things with Vince, picks, etc.

Trade him for Rashard or Arenas they dont have as many years as Joe.

*Silver&Black*
06-21-2011, 04:10 PM
No way we trade Smith to the Magic (so adding Joe doesn't help). I don't care about Smith being on the Magic, it's that it will help keep Howard there. No way would a division rival help keep Howard on that team by trading his best friend to it. A Hawks/Magic trade will most likely not happen.

There are rumors of the Cavs trading the #4 pick and the Lebron TE to the Hawks (Kanter maybe) for Josh Smith or maybe even Joe Johnson (Joe I feel is a better fit with Irving then Josh Smith).

KmB728
06-21-2011, 04:12 PM
The more I think about a KG and Ray Ray trade for Joe and Josh the more excited I become

bigA9331
06-21-2011, 04:15 PM
The more I think about a KG and Ray Ray trade for Joe and Josh the more excited I become

Same here man.

JNA17
06-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Lakers get this man! :pray:

dtmagnet
06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Does he have a no trade clause? Cause if not he can shut up and go wherever they tell him to go.

Jewelz0376
06-21-2011, 04:41 PM
Lakers get this man! :pray:

x2

He would give them the athleticism and defense they need

JPHX
06-21-2011, 04:50 PM
why houston?

reffahead
06-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Real ATL fan here, Hawk owner Michael Gearon jr. compares Josh Smith to Lebron James. Now if you publicly compared a player to James pre Miami do you think we will be taking back donkey manure???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Hawks-owner-Josh-Smith-is-the-closest-thing-to?urn=nba-236056

rurichie
06-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Real ATL fan here, Hawk owner Michael Gearon jr. compares Josh Smith to Lebron James. Now if you publicly compared a player to James pre Miami do you think we will be taking back donkey manure???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Hawks-owner-Josh-Smith-is-the-closest-thing-to?urn=nba-236056

would you do a trade for Brook Lopez for J-Smooth and pieces

daleja424
06-21-2011, 06:19 PM
lo...he will accept a trade wherever Atlanta can ship his butt... Smith has no leverage to choose his team...

reffahead
06-21-2011, 06:34 PM
"People" mistake preferred destinations to demanded locations. These are hearsay cities not a direct quote from the player.

Also take into account his pgs were bibby and jamal crawford the past few seasons and still got 16-17 ppg while being coached by Woodson. Just let that soak in for 5 minutes. Imagine what he could do with a second tier pg like rondo.

ghettosean
06-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Magic have Bass,Anderson,JJ that could make it work.
I think your forgetting that the hawks would want something back for a star player not a bunch of junk.

Young and Stupid
06-21-2011, 07:08 PM
Did I read a fellow Nets fan write "Brook Lopez for Josh Smith?" Pure and utter insanity.

The Nets don't have sufficient asset(s) to acquire Josh Smith. It's not happening. Of the teams that Smith is reported to be interested in going to, the Rockets can best provide the Hawks with the best package. However, I could see him going to Orlando and joining Dwight Howard -- one of his best friends in the league -- and possibly serving as the addition that pushes Howard to resign with the team.

rurichie
06-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Did I read a fellow Nets fan write "Brook Lopez for Josh Smith?" Pure and utter insanity.

The Nets don't have sufficient asset(s) to acquire Josh Smith. It's not happening. Of the teams that Smith is reported to be interested in going to, the Rockets can best provide the Hawks with the best package. However, I could see him going to Orlando and joining Dwight Howard -- one of his best friends in the league -- and possibly serving as the addition that pushes Howard to resign with the team.

I wanted to knw Josh Smith and pieces for Brook just wondering what a Hawks fan would think about it?

Khalifa21
06-21-2011, 07:19 PM
He would 'accept' a trade to one of these teams?

Dude isn't Melo or Dwight, he's locked in for another two years and has little to no leverage...

hugepatsfan
06-21-2011, 07:30 PM
KG and Ray for Joe Johnson and Josh Smith...??? Does anyone else think that vould work.

Luke0842
06-21-2011, 07:59 PM
That would work, I'd just hate to take on Joe's contract. It's a bit absurd...

MrFastBreak
06-21-2011, 08:00 PM

so true.all of those teams have junk to offer the hawks,with the exception of lopez and d will,nj,scola and and kmart,hou,howard and nelson,orl,ray ray,k.g,peirce,old ,rondo untradeable,bos.the hawks should just trade him to cleveland for hickson or a draft pick,or to minnesota for beasley or a draft pick,those teams thats mentioned cant give the hawks equal vaule unless they give up one of their franchise players.i dont believe they will trade him for trash.i think the guy is underrated imo.dumb yes but has talent.

*Silver&Black*
06-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Smith will either be traded in what The Hawks think will upgrade this team for Joe or to rebuild with trading him with Joe. Now anybody have ideas on how either of those will work, because no one is getting Josh Smith without giving something up or taking on Joe's contract. We have looked to trade him for 2-3 years. I highly doubt we will trade him just to trade him, or we would have already done it.

MrFastBreak
06-21-2011, 08:05 PM
KG and Ray for Joe Johnson and Josh Smith...??? Does anyone else think that vould work.

no way!why trade 25 year old smith for 35 year old k.g.i think the hawks would go for the ray ray and j.j swap though.if the celts throw in rondo in exchange for teague,maybe?

Nighthawk
06-21-2011, 08:28 PM
no way!why trade 25 year old smith for 35 year old k.g.i think the hawks would go for the ray ray and j.j swap though.if the celts throw in rondo in exchange for teague,maybe?

Because KG would be like 20 million off the books for them next year. And Ray Ray would be another 10 million. That's 30 million free'd up in pay roll.

hugepatsfan
06-21-2011, 09:03 PM

Ray Allen, last season at least, was better than JJ. Why would BOS ever trade Ray for a lesser player on a worse deal and then trade their top 5 PG for a borderline starter as well???

The KG+Ray for JJ+Smith deal is about money for ATL. Both KG and Ray are expiring contracts. They would hace the cap space to sign CP3 AND Dwight to max deals (or close to it) if they made the deal. They'd have cap space to sign guys and a great young building block in Horford to attract them.

jetman
06-21-2011, 09:05 PM
What would the Celtics give? If they could build a package around Jeff Green that'd be a great deal for them. If the Hawks want Rondo then no way.

Chill_Will_24
06-21-2011, 10:53 PM

***raises hand and bows head in shame***

MrFastBreak
06-21-2011, 11:16 PM
Ray Allen, last season at least, was better than JJ. Why would BOS ever trade Ray for a lesser player on a worse deal and then trade their top 5 PG for a borderline starter as well???

The KG+Ray for JJ+Smith deal is about money for ATL. Both KG and Ray are expiring contracts. They would hace the cap space to sign CP3 AND Dwight to max deals (or close to it) if they made the deal. They'd have cap space to sign guys and a great young building block in Horford to attract them.
i get ur point,but my thinking is j .smoove has great potential at 25 and joe is still a all star type player,his contract is terrible but he aint a bad
player,on the other hand if you bring in k.g and ray for one year rentals,what happens when d.howard cp3 and the other top free agents wont sign with the hawks.the atlanta spirit suck.

soonabooma
06-22-2011, 12:55 AM
Who the hell is Josh Smith?

Raps18-19 Champ
06-22-2011, 12:58 AM
S&T Kris Humpries for him.

Kardashian would want to be in Orlando 24/7

hugepatsfan
06-22-2011, 01:23 AM
i get ur point,but my thinking is j .smoove has great potential at 25 and joe is still a all star type player,his contract is terrible but he aint a bad
player,on the other hand if you bring in k.g and ray for one year rentals,what happens when d.howard cp3 and the other top free agents wont sign with the hawks.the atlanta spirit suck.

Well in the trade you proposed (or at least what I thought you did - maybe I misread and I apologize if I did) J Smoove wasn't a part of it. I read your proposal as Ray and Rondo for JJ and Teague. In that deal, BOS is getting robbed like you can't believe. They're trading Ray for a comparable player on a much worse deal and at the same time trading their borderline top 5 PG for a borderline starting PG.

I agree w/ you that KG and Ray for J Smoove and JJ might be in BOS's favor talent wise. But at the same time, I hate the deal for BOS as well. It KILLS any flexibility they have long term. They'd be basically commiting to a Rondo, JJ, Jeff Green, and J Smoove core moving forward and I don't think that's championship caliber. I only proposed the deal because it's been mentioned on the BOS forum and I wanted to see some nuetral fans perspective. Personally, I don't like it for either side all that much.

Catfish1314
06-22-2011, 01:25 AM
I wasn't aware Josh Smith had a say in the matter. He's not Kobe ****ing Bryant.

Hollasoren
06-22-2011, 02:14 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3g9xptf
How bout this trade. Knicks send Billups and Landry Fields. And we get back our future pg in Jeff Teague and a great energy defense guy in josh smith. slide him to the 3 with melo at the 2. Than Draft Jeremy Tyler (The Future).
Pg. teague sg. melo sf. smith pf. amare c. tyler

*Silver&Black*
06-22-2011, 02:51 AM
^ So we have to include Jeff Teague, who is finally a young PG the Hawks drafted, with Josh Smith, who should get more than an expiring Billups and Fields by himself. You give us 2 guards, in which we have alot of anyways and neither would start for us. So we give up our starting PF and PG for an expiring and a back-up? No thanks, as we view Teague as our future starting PG.

Does people just think we need to get rid of Josh Smith by getting a downgrade? And on top of that, give up our PG?

NYKnicksAllDay
06-22-2011, 02:55 AM
I'd pass on that trade. First, the Hawks aren't going to trade their point guard. Secondly, that lineup wouldn't work. Can't have Melo and Smith out of position.

ChiDougie19
06-22-2011, 03:04 AM
sign and trade jeff green +others should work

*Silver&Black*
06-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Josh Smith to the Cavs for #4 (rumored, we draft Kanter) and JJ Hickson or the Lebron TE is more like it.

MickeyMgl
06-22-2011, 04:06 AM
He would "accept"? Does he have a no-trade clause?

sharqstealth
06-22-2011, 05:29 AM
And who the hell does Josh Smith think he is? The Hawks can trade him to any team they want. But who cares, give him to the Nets.

sharqstealth
06-22-2011, 05:46 AM
How bout this trade. Knicks send Billups and Landry Fields. And we get back our future pg in Jeff Teague and a great energy defense guy in josh smith. slide him to the 3 with melo at the 2. Than Draft Jeremy Tyler (The Future).

Is that you Isaiah Thomas? No way we're doin this deal. We can't put our players out of position especially our best player Carmelo. Look we don't need Smith, what we need is a center. A solid proven center, we can't put our hopes on a rookie like Tyler. We're done rebuilding, we're furnishing the lineup now, we need players that will contribute immediately.

stlbest5in2013
06-22-2011, 12:04 PM

i love posters like you, logic goes out the window.

howard and boozer are good friends and sleep over at each others houses. when working out together in the off season. howard has wanted smith to acquire boozer for a long time.

can i say if the bulls keep boozer its a lock howard bill come to chicago? hell no i can not, and you cant say the same thing about howard if he was traded to NJ.

do not fight logic pal

stlbest5in2013
06-22-2011, 12:06 PM

i did not know the hawks resigned johnson so they can trade smith for an over paid average player and a player who has played one year in the league.

:facepalm:

*Silver&Black*
06-22-2011, 01:36 PM

howard and boozer are good friends and sleep over at each others houses. when working out together in the off season. howard has wanted smith to acquire boozer for a long time.

can i say if the bulls keep boozer its a lock howard bill come to chicago? hell no i can not, and you cant say the same thing about howard if he was traded to NJ.

do not fight logic pal

But was he the best man at Dwight Howard's wedding, and grew up with him? Dwight Howard did with Josh Smith and Josh Smith was his best man at his wedding. I think he would pick Smith over Boozer Bulls fan.

RLundi
06-22-2011, 02:48 PM
But was he the best man at Dwight Howard's wedding, and grew up with him? Dwight Howard did with Josh Smith and Josh Smith was his best man at his wedding. I think he would pick Smith over Boozer Bulls fan.

Dwight Howard isn't married. He was the best man at Josh Smith's wedding. Ultimately, Dwight doesn't care about just playing with friends. If that was the case, he wouldn't have petitioned Otis Smith to trade for Chris Paul when Jameer Nelson is Dwight's best friend on the team.

Dwight Howard is about winning, and playing with Josh Smith won't help much of anything, best friend or not.

Chill_Will_24
06-22-2011, 04:40 PM

do not fight logic pal

We'll get him cuz of Deron Williams and the attraction of playing in Brooklyn for the richest owner in sports in the largest media market in the world... not cuz of Smith

*Silver&Black*
06-22-2011, 05:28 PM
Dwight Howard isn't married. He was the best man at Josh Smith's wedding. Ultimately, Dwight doesn't care about just playing with friends. If that was the case, he wouldn't have petitioned Otis Smith to trade for Chris Paul when Jameer Nelson is Dwight's best friend on the team.

Dwight Howard is about winning, and playing with Josh Smith won't help much of anything, best friend or not.

my bad it was Josh Smith's wedding. Still don't make a difference to me, because it doesn't affect my team and we can trade Smth where we want to and can give a crap about Bulls or Nets getting Dwight.

MrFastBreak
06-22-2011, 09:15 PM

ur joking right?

stlbest5in2013
06-22-2011, 11:49 PM
my bad it was Josh Smith's wedding. Still don't make a difference to me, because it doesn't affect my team and we can trade Smth where we want to and can give a crap about Bulls or Nets getting Dwight.

also lets not overvalue smith here. he is a tweener, who has the mindset he is a sf. with a horrible jump shot, that drives fans out of their seats in atlanta. oh wait they dont show up to see their own team in the "highlight factory" down in the atl

atljonesbro
06-23-2011, 03:45 AM

I'm sorry but this post alone gave me the incentive to sign up for this site. Why in any universe would the Hawks ever do this? Yes we'd get freed up cap room but it's just makes literally zero sense. Why would the Hawks go into rebuilding mode when they're a few pieces from being a title contender? We don't want two washed up old farts either. Absolutely horrible trade idea if I've ever seen one. Worse than what Orlando is offering us. Definitely a homeristic dream of a deal that pretty much has as much a chance of happening as Dwight for Brian Scalabrine.

To everyone, if there isn't a draft pick in the deal it's more than likely not gonna happen draft day. Also Atlanta is looking for a Center and some CAP relief. Not two old washed up players that fill no holes and make us even worse. Positions we need are Center and SF and we absolutely need one of the two filled to get any kind of deal done. PLEASE for the love of god don't make up these unrealistic ridiculous homerish ideas that make no sense.

Cleveland and ATL were having talks so something I thought could be realistic would've been

Varejao
#4 pick (kanter)

for

Smoove

There would be fillers to balance contracts but that won't happen because Utah is showing alot of interest in Kanter at the #3 spot. You could look over to Utah and try to work something out around Jefferson but our managment seems so hardset on free CAP space which as a fan i'm not liking because with a good Center and SF we could become title contenders.

Knicks21
06-23-2011, 04:37 AM
Josh Smith to the Cavs for #4 (rumored, we draft Kanter) and JJ Hickson or the Lebron TE is more like it.

JJ is at Josh Smiths level, plus you want the 4th pick. Real easy decision on their part.

210Don
06-23-2011, 04:40 AM
I wasn't aware Josh Smith had a say in the matter. He's not Kobe ****ing Bryant.

:clap: