PDA

View Full Version : Interesting watch for the hip hoop heads: Rucker Park, Jay-Z, Fat Joe & NBA stars

DitchDat
06-21-2011, 06:27 AM
I finally stumbled upon the full documentary just yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx6ZHCyz6FU

Very nice documentary about the infamous Rucker Park. You will see some streetball legends, as well as Stephon Marbury, Jamal Crawford, Shawn Marion, LeBron James, Tracy McGrady, Antoine Walker, Al Harrington, Eddy Curry, Jamaal Tinsley, Sebastian Telfair, Lamar Odom and others...

Enjoy!

DitchDat
06-21-2011, 06:27 AM
Note: LeBron didn't actually play, but he was scheduled to.

stawka
06-21-2011, 08:04 AM
Inb4lebronisa(insert word here)

I'll watch this when I get on my laptop later, sounds kind of interesting. YouTube + iPhone = fail

politicorrect
06-21-2011, 09:00 AM
fat joes like the only non black person there lol, all though he'd tell you different.

P Styles
06-21-2011, 10:49 AM
great find! thanks

BigBlueCrew
06-21-2011, 12:02 PM
great video

NYtilIdie
06-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Rare video to find with great quality. If you think about it, a rumored team with Shaq, prime Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, prime T-Mac, Lebron and Sebastian Telfair

vs.

Amare, Carmelo, a sane Marbury, Yao Ming, Al Harrington, Lamar Odom and Shawn Marion.

That would be, without a doubt, the biggest lop-sided game ever :laugh2: but i'd still pay to see it.

P Styles
06-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Rare video to find with great quality. If you think about it, a rumored team with Shaq, prime Eddy Curry, Jamal Crawford, prime T-Mac, Lebron and Sebastian Telfair

vs.

Amare, Carmelo, a sane Marbury, Yao Ming, Al Harrington, Lamar Odom and Shawn Marion.

That would be, without a doubt, the biggest lop-sided game ever :laugh2: but i'd still pay to see it.

Sane Marbury KILLED it in those games. Same with Shawn Marion.

Its a shame Stat and Melo didn't get a chance to play (Or Lebron, T-Mac, Shaq, etc)

That last game would have been insane.

DitchDat
06-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Yeah very much so.

I saw a short version of this documentary once, and I found it really interesting to see how many NBA players took part and how serious the whole thing really was. I also absolutely dig that they were bringing NBA players to the people and that the event is free. Besides that, we can only imagine what had happened if the blackout hadn't occured. I also wonder why a Finals rematch was never rescheduled.

And PS, my God how much can Fat Joe sweat for somebody that's not even playing? :D

DitchDat
06-21-2011, 05:32 PM
...and you GOT to love how Stern looks so freaked out and out-of-place :p

BigBlueCrew
06-21-2011, 05:38 PM
I just cant believe someone recruited Eddy Curry to be on their team, so painful

UGH :rolleyes:

Niro
06-21-2011, 11:47 PM
great find thx

3ballbomber
06-22-2011, 12:24 AM
any word on why Jay-z failed to even give notice that he & team wasn't turning up and letting down hundreds of fans and standing up Fat Joe & squad?? why it was never re-scheduled?

i don't really know the full story but it seemed like a bit of a b(i)tch move from Jay-z.

NYtilIdie
06-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Did you not watch the whole thing? Jay had to leave town regardless if his team won or not, so when they had the blackout they couldn't reschedule because Jay had to take Beyonce on a trip the next day, which is why he wasn't in NYC.

They also couldn't reschedule because the latest game would've been in September, but NBA players aren't allowed to participate in competitive events after september due to a potential injury occuring a month before the season starts.

Also, the Bulls GM at the time John Paxson told J-Craw and Curry they couldn't participate in the event, those two were the core of Jay's team. So if they were to play the game the next day, it would've been a depleted Jay-Z team vs. Fat Joe's crew.

210Don
06-22-2011, 01:05 AM
i will peep this

210Don
06-22-2011, 02:10 AM
sucks they didnt play it. and does this type of thing still go on?

The Final Boss
06-22-2011, 02:37 AM
JayZ is a clown no matter what anyone says.

Evolution23
06-22-2011, 10:19 AM
JayZ is a clown no matter what anyone says.

:facepalm:

Evolution23
06-22-2011, 10:19 AM
This is why NY is the mecca for all you people always asking.