PDA

View Full Version : Twitter: more calls coming in for Stephen Curry than Monta Ellis

MagicBucsSox
06-20-2011, 11:17 PM
Sam Amick
@sam_amick
Riley also said the trade calls for Stephen Curry far outweigh those for Ellis: "Nobody is saying,'What will it take to get Monta Ellis?'"
6 hours ago via Twitterrific

MagicBucsSox
06-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Curry was on the block last deadline. Diff owner now though...... Thoughts

ttam68
06-20-2011, 11:18 PM
Is that supposed to be surprising?

Master Mind
06-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Ellis>Curry IMO

papipapsmanny
06-20-2011, 11:26 PM
i always felt curry was more of an SG

i hate looking back on that draft knowing the wiz traded the 5th pick for crap, and then sucked, when they could have a backcourt of wall and curry

FriedTofuz
06-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Curry is far from being a good pg. Hes a great scorer, but he needs to develop his playmaking skills. Teams, shouldnt go after shoot first pgs. YOu need a pg who will make others better.

blastmasta26
06-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Curry is far from being a good pg. Hes a great scorer, but he needs to develop his playmaking skills. Teams, shouldnt go after shoot first pgs. YOu need a pg who will make others better.
Not necessarily, sometimes you can have a wing player that is a very good facilitator and can fill that role and allow the PG to focus more on scoring.

FriedTofuz
06-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Not necessarily, sometimes you can have a wing player that is a very good facilitator and can fill that role and allow the PG to focus more on scoring.

Teams with a true pg( nash, williams , paul) have sucess. Westbrook is a shoot first pg, but as of late hes becoming better, same with rose. They are both shoot first pgs.

Curry has a long way to go. he should join chris pauls ball handling camp, just like what Harrrison barnes( a SMALL FORWARD) is doing.

Dont get me wrong, curry is a good player who poseses great shooting abilities, but he needs to get better at being a PG. PG skils what he needs.

BGeer091
06-21-2011, 12:45 AM
If i'm the Knicks i'd offer this.

NYK Gets:
Curry
Biedrens
11th

GS Gets
Billups
Douglas
Fields
17th
Cash

Giraffes Rule
06-21-2011, 12:51 AM
Teams with a true pg( nash, williams , paul) have sucess. Westbrook is a shoot first pg, but as of late hes becoming better, same with rose. They are both shoot first pgs.

Curry has a long way to go. he should join chris pauls ball handling camp, just like what Harrrison barnes( a SMALL FORWARD) is doing.

Dont get me wrong, curry is a good player who poseses great shooting abilities, but he needs to get better at being a PG. PG skils what he needs.

Ever watch Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili play?

IAmKira
06-21-2011, 12:52 AM

NYK Gets:
Curry
Biedrens
11th

GS Gets
Billups
Douglas
Fields
17th
Cash

brb GSW getting smaller and smaller
brb knicks dumping billup's contract

GJ on dat lopsided trade. Keep dreaming

knickfan33
06-21-2011, 01:00 AM

NYK Gets:
Curry
Biedrens
11th

GS Gets
Billups
Douglas
Fields
17th
Cash

that would be a great deal... pretty realistic too... but i dont see it happening...
we would end up with curry and klay thompson at 1 and 2.... sweet

Dash
06-21-2011, 01:00 AM
Just give em some curry

nystandup
06-21-2011, 01:01 AM
Knicks dont care about Billups contract. he is a solid pg on the last year of his deal. So from the Warriors stand point, Billups would be a good addition to their team. he would bring them some needed leadership.

Doesn't matter anyway cuz Knicks arent getting Curry

John Walls Era
06-21-2011, 01:02 AM
Not surprised. I like Ellis more, but if I was a GM I would call for Curry.

knickfan33
06-21-2011, 01:02 AM

other then dallas and pistons who in the last 10-15 years has had a good "true " PG and won a title???

when you have guys like melo,lebron,kobe,ect... the ball is gonna go threw them... you dont always need a pass first PG... although i do prefer them.

John Walls Era
06-21-2011, 01:03 AM
Some of you are joking right? Knicks are not getting Curry, especially with Mark Jackson as the coach now (you think hes telling his gm to trade his PG to you guys, after the Knicks didn't hire him?).

Lakerfrk
06-21-2011, 01:09 AM
other then dallas and pistons who in the last 10-15 years has had a good "true " PG and won a title???

when you have guys like melo,lebron,kobe,ect... the ball is gonna go threw them... you dont always need a pass first PG... although i do prefer them.

Celtics - Rondo
Spurs - Parker, Avery Johnson
Rockets - Kenny Smith

nystandup
06-21-2011, 01:20 AM
Some of you are joking right? Knicks are not getting Curry, especially with Mark Jackson as the coach now (you think hes telling his gm to trade his PG to you guys, after the Knicks didn't hire him?).

First, I don't think the Knicks are getting Curry, but why wouldn't Mark Jackson want a veteran pg who is a floor general, pretty good defensively(at least cares about defense) and has big game experience to run his offense? Plus, he's an expiring contract who can be used in a trade at the deadline in order to fill a need.

DerekRE_3
06-21-2011, 01:22 AM
that would be a great deal... pretty realistic too... but i dont see it happening...

GS would laugh their ***** off at that deal.

nystandup
06-21-2011, 01:23 AM

It's not really that far fetched of a deal. I've seen a lot worse proposed on this site.

BGeer091
06-21-2011, 01:30 AM
I don't think its far fetched at all. I think you guys are just looking and seeing that its the Knicks and being ignorant.

GS gets a very good PG in Billups that plays good D. He's an expiring. He's a better fit for Mark Jackson.

Fields is a starting 2G or a 6th man that can play the 2 or the 3 and hustles.

Douglas is also a good defender and instant offense of the bench. If they don't want him then he could be shipped to someone else. There seems to be some legit interest in him all around the league.

They really want out of Biedrins contract.

Lastly there will still be good players available at 17. They could get a Marshon Brooks or a Selby.

Giraffes Rule
06-21-2011, 01:30 AM
Celtics - Rondo
Spurs - Parker, Avery Johnson
Rockets - Kenny Smith

Tony Parker a true point guard? What are you smoking?

chisox721
06-21-2011, 01:31 AM
I would love to see the Bulls make an offer for Curry. We have draft picks along with young big men.

Rose and Curry would be a really nice backcourt.

NetsPaint
06-21-2011, 01:56 AM
Curry has the passing skills, he needs to work being more of a PG.

John Walls Era
06-21-2011, 02:18 AM
First, I don't think the Knicks are getting Curry, but why wouldn't Mark Jackson want a veteran pg who is a floor general, pretty good defensively(at least cares about defense) and has big game experience to run his offense? Plus, he's an expiring contract who can be used in a trade at the deadline in order to fill a need.

Because the Warriors aren't built for a championship this year.

FriedTofuz
06-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Because the Warriors aren't built for a championship this year.

OR next year. WIth the right free agents they could certainly become a contender

Public Enemy #1
06-21-2011, 02:22 AM
Billups to Golden State makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Why would the Warriors trade a young, potentially great point guard in the making for an expiring, old, on his way down point guard in Billups? Sure, he has the veteran swagger and ability, but he wouldn't help the Warriors in the long run and sure wouldn't make that much of an impact for them this coming year at all. Knicks fans can keep dreaming.... Curry and Ellis are both staying in Golden State.

gaughan333
06-21-2011, 02:32 AM
People are not being ignorant because its the knicks, they are saying its a bad trade because it makes no sense for the gsw. Billups fits pretty well on that knicks team which is attempting to compete for a title. GS is not in the same boat. They have a promising young talent and a new coach who probably wants to build around that talent. Why would they trade him for some trash in hopes of being what, an 8 seed? It makes no sense for that team.

PrettyBoyJ
06-21-2011, 03:05 AM
Curry is the best player on GS imo.. honestly if it wasnt for Monta Elis and few injuries He would prob have a breakout year.. I think Elis is holding him back..

mohye
06-21-2011, 03:07 AM

haha realistic if your a knicks fan...only way this trade happens is if the warriors gm is isiah im an idiot thomas..too bad its jerry west not gonna happen buddy not in a million years

cali72888
06-21-2011, 03:17 AM
The knicks have nothing any team wants.

fields is good, but very raw and was succeeding on athletic ability alone last season, its why he faded after the all star break.

Chandler is always injured and has never been anything then a decent bench player.

Knicks are rolling with what they have because there is really no assets on that team except for Melo and Amare.

Golden State is going to be very active and will get a huge return on ellis or curry.

Quietmoney
06-21-2011, 03:58 AM
It's funny that you guys call that a bad deal, the way I look at it is this... Curry is good but he has little to no impact on games. Same goes for Ellis. Billups would be an upgrade at that position despite what you guys think. Big shot is a winner, knows what it takes to win, kind of like that point guard that's over the hill in Dallas. I don't even want the Knicks to do that trade anyway, were looking at Cp3 in case you didn't hear. And we can get him for the same package that you guys are scoffing at for Curry.

Public Enemy #1
06-21-2011, 04:05 AM
It's funny that you guys call that a bad deal, the way I look at it is this... Curry is good but he has little to no impact on games. Same goes for Ellis. Billups would be an upgrade at that position despite what you guys think. Big shot is a winner, knows what it takes to win, kind of like that point guard that's over the hill in Dallas. I don't even want the Knicks to do that trade anyway, were looking at Cp3 in case you didn't hear. And we can get him for the same package that you guys are scoffing at for Curry.

Cool story bro & good luck with that. :rolleyes:

kikeyanez
06-21-2011, 04:16 AM
Warriors Get: D. Howard,T. gibson
Chicago Bullls Get: Ellis,D,wright
Orlando Magic Get: Curry & Boozer plus GSW 11th pick

salaries match http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3jhhep2

knickfan33
06-21-2011, 04:35 AM
haha realistic if your a knicks fan...only way this trade happens is if the warriors gm is isiah im an idiot thomas..too bad its jerry west not gonna happen buddy not in a million years

landry toney and billups have enough value.... i should have added this before ... beidrens in that deal would be to much... i meant to put that in there... but those three for curry and a 6 spot move up in draft would be a nice deal for both teams....especially considering they are trying to get ird of there current SG... and curry is too small to fill that position.

in 12 less minutes a game toney douglas avered only 8 points and 2 assist less then curry... and feilds is rare rookie who plays with experience of someone who has been in league for years... second only to griffin last season.... throw in a vet like billups... itsa good deal for both teams cause curry has a much higher ceiling then douglas.

knickfan33
06-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Warriors Get: D. Howard,T. gibson
Chicago Bullls Get: Ellis,D,wright
Orlando Magic Get: Curry & Boozer plus GSW 11th pick

salaries match http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3jhhep2

really bad deal for orlando... your selling curry and boozer way too high... or dwight too low.

RedRicanoBx
06-21-2011, 06:16 AM

fields is good, but very raw and was succeeding on athletic ability alone last season, its why he faded after the all star break.

Chandler is always injured and has never been anything then a decent bench player.

Knicks are rolling with what they have because there is really no assets on that team except for Melo and Amare.

Golden State is going to be very active and will get a huge return on ellis or curry.

If you going to talk ish about my team at least get it right... That man is no longer on our roster he was traded away to denver... remember ?

robbnen#31
06-21-2011, 06:23 AM
Curry was on the block last deadline. Diff owner now though...... Thoughts

False, Joe Lacob was running the Warriors at the last deadline.

As for the Knicks fan that came up with that trade, you gave me a pretty good laugh.

assisi805
06-21-2011, 08:49 AM
Yeah not too much of a surprise, Curry is much more desirable then Ellis IMO

DerekRE_3
06-21-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't think its far fetched at all. I think you guys are just looking and seeing that its the Knicks and being ignorant.

GS gets a very good PG in Billups that plays good D. He's an expiring. He's a better fit for Mark Jackson.

Douglas is also a good defender and instant offense of the bench. If they don't want him then he could be shipped to someone else. There seems to be some legit interest in him all around the league.

Lastly there will still be good players available at 17. They could get a Marshon Brooks or a Selby.

You don't trade a lottery pick and your most valuable player to get out of a deal you don't like. Billups is good, sure, but not for much longer. Curry is just getting started.

Mplsman
06-21-2011, 10:36 AM
As the calls should be coming in more for Curry. He's the better asset of the two.

mgsports
06-21-2011, 10:41 AM
Gibson and Boozer aren't being Traded and the only Gibson I see moving is Daniel Gibson.
The Magic need to get one of these guys or better yet both of them without giving up Howard or Nelson or Hedo or QRich.

sixer04fan
06-21-2011, 11:03 AM
GS should not trade Curry, no way.

sf-fanatic
06-21-2011, 03:14 PM

First of all, why would the warriors want the AGING Billups for ONE year? The warriors aren't contenders and aren't a PG away from a title like a team like Miami or Atlanta. Fields and Douglas aren't difference makers. If the warriors wanted a player like Fields, they can just sign Battier for the MLE. Douglas is just a backup guard that they already have in Reggie Williams. And lastly, why would the warriors be trading the best 2 players in the deal AND the 11th pick.

The deal is horrible every way you look at it.

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 04:51 PM
brb GSW getting smaller and smaller
brb knicks dumping billup's contract

GJ on dat lopsided trade. Keep dreaming

:facepalm:

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 04:52 PM

:facepalm: I could of sworn he's a coach not a GM...And if he wants his team to play defense the first step to that is to trade Curry or Ellis...Hey maybe even both!

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 04:54 PM

They would be getting defensive players back...If anything the Knicks would be laughing. Toney by himself is better defensive then Curry and Ellis!

GiantsSwaGG
06-21-2011, 04:55 PM

COOLbeans
06-21-2011, 05:02 PM
[quote=sf-fanatic;18314036] "first of all, why would the warriors want the aging billups for one year? The warriors aren't contenders and aren't a pg away from a title like a team like miami or atlanta. Fields and douglas aren't difference makers. If the warriors wanted a player like fields, they can just sign battier for the mle. Douglas is just a backup guard that they already have in reggie williams. And lastly, why would the warriors be trading the best 2 players in the deal and the 11th pick.

The deal is horrible every way you look at it."

COOLbeans
06-21-2011, 05:05 PM
cool double post.

COOLbeans
06-21-2011, 05:06 PM

They would be getting defensive players back...If anything the Knicks would be laughing. Toney by himself is better defensive then Curry and Ellis!

Mr. Facepalm man
this whole post is :facepalm:

And you're :facepalm: for thinking that the Knicks are getting the shorthand of this deal. This opinion is :facepalm: for being so damn mis-informed.

KingPosey
06-21-2011, 05:16 PM

Agreed DerekRE. Why in the world would Gs make this trade.

KnicksR4Real
06-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Of course Curry is more wanted

LJEATON26
06-21-2011, 05:27 PM
I still think this would be a good trade for both teams.

GS gets Russell Westbrook, Thabo Sefolosha, and the 24th pick
OkC gets Stephon Curry, Dorrell Wright, the 11th pick and a future 1st rounder (lottery protected)

Lloyd Christmas
06-21-2011, 05:30 PM
So wait. The only people who think that Knicks trade is fair are Knicks fans? Weird.

Lloyd Christmas
06-21-2011, 05:33 PM

OkC gets Stephon Curry, Dorrell Wright, the 11th pick and a future 1st rounder (lottery protected)

Now this trade makes sense. The Warriors would get their big PG who could defend SG to pair with Monta and a nice defender in Sefolosha. And both players are young. You sir are a breath of fresh air in this thread.

sf-fanatic
06-21-2011, 06:24 PM

This is a good foundation for a trade although there would need to be some changes. Warrior's can't trade their first rounders until 2013, so it can be 2 second rounders or have to do something creative. Maybe you switch the 24th pick into a second rounder and the future first rounder wouldn't need to be included.

Curry
Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins

Westbrook
Ellis
Sefolosha
Lee
Biedrins/Udoh

Interesting.