PDA

View Full Version : 2013 All-Star Game

assisi805
06-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Has anybody heard anything about where it might be? Last rumour I heard was Toronto which would be great for Raptors/Canadians. I know next year is slated for Orlando but I was wondering if anyone heard for 2013.. I do realize this will probably get moved but just trying to get some publicity in on the main forum haha.

asandhu23
06-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Ibiza

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-20-2011, 09:32 PM
I hope its in Boston. Haven't hosted one since 1964.

jimbobjarree
06-20-2011, 09:34 PM
seems to only be in warm weather places. I heard rumblings of it going straight back to LA, which I hope isn't true.

mdm692
06-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Phoenix was great in 09

pd7631
06-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Probably LA...like always

Raps18-19 Champ
06-20-2011, 10:56 PM
It's mostly in warmer places now. Though the Sky Dome would be a great place to play the game.

CB29
06-20-2011, 10:59 PM
It's mostly in warmer places now. Though the Sky Dome would be a great place to play the game.

rogers center foo... also raps play in the acc

godolphins
06-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Toronto would be a horrible place to host it.

EaglePride615
06-21-2011, 01:14 AM
toronto would be horrible. id say maybe a place like atlanta. maybe new york. boston. denver. la. just any big city. chicago maybe.

Ripper Gein
06-21-2011, 12:44 PM
I heard a while back it was comin back to the City of Angels.

allSUAVE
06-21-2011, 12:54 PM
New yawk

06-21-2011, 12:54 PM
^^^
:laugh:
Didn't you guys host one a while back? I think that's enough.

Toronto has never hosted the NBA all-star game, we've hosted the MLB all-star game in 1991 & NHL all-star game in 2000

JWO35
06-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Detroit, MI
At Ford Field

rurichie
06-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Brooklyn!!!!

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-21-2011, 01:40 PM
IF the Gardens renovations will be done by 2013, then the all star game and the final four will be at MSG.

Gary Reasons
06-21-2011, 01:52 PM
i would rather see the allstar game in a little broken down arena in bumble**** than in canada

Ripper Gein
06-21-2011, 01:53 PM
Just make it an Annual Event at the Current Mecca of Basketball, the Staples Center the rejuvenation of Downtown L.A is Perfect for that.

chitown4eva88
06-21-2011, 01:56 PM
It needs to come back to DC or Chicago

mikealike305
06-21-2011, 02:03 PM
i heard that its going to be in Europe

Raph12
06-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Well if the lockout lasts the whole season, then it'll be in Orlando...

BritneysBestBet
06-21-2011, 02:13 PM
What's with all the hating on TDot? It's quite a beautiful city, i know because i've actually been there. It's really not a whole lot different then your average american state capital cities...

mgsports
06-21-2011, 02:14 PM
KC?
Hawaii?
Tampa Bay?
St. Louis?
OK City?
Seattle?
San Jose or Diego?
Charlotte?
Memphis?

theheatles
06-21-2011, 02:24 PM
lol miami would be the best city to host an all star game but of course, as usual, no1 wants to acknowledge them:pity:

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 02:38 PM
Toronto would be a horrible place to host it.

why :confused:

toronto would be horrible. id say maybe a place like atlanta. maybe new york. boston. denver. la. just any big city. chicago maybe.

a big city ? toronto is bigger then boston, denver and atlanta. if all you care about is if its in a big city why do care if its an american city or canadian ? do basket balls bounce higher in the states ? i dont get it

CavsYanksDuke
06-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Toronto's never had the opportunity and the city itself seems like it has everything. However, I think the players want somewhere warm to take that weekend off. Might not matter what they want though...

If I was a young millionaire, I'd love to go to Toronto.

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I have nothing against the states, i have family in LA, Houston, and Miami. and I have visited new york several times, san antonio etc..

Ive always enjoyed myself in the states and i have nothing bad to say about the U.S

my only question is why ppl bash toronto when they have never been there. it makes no sence to me. I have family come from the states to visit all the time and they love it here. specially in the summer time.

mikealike305
06-21-2011, 02:52 PM
to smith and weston.
Toronto might be in the top 5 cities in N. America. i dont think its a top 5 BASKETBALL city in N.America. could be wrong. just a guess

KnicksR4Real
06-21-2011, 02:57 PM
NY? If MSG is done being rebuilt, but it may be 2014 if not

assisi805
06-21-2011, 03:00 PM
I don't understand why this hard to be turned into a Nationality bashing thread... PSD is getting worse and worse, or at least some of its posters :/

Tmath
06-21-2011, 03:06 PM
to smith and weston.
Toronto might be in the top 5 cities in N. America. i dont think its a top 5 BASKETBALL city in N.America. could be wrong. just a guess

Toronto is a sports city.

AK-50
06-21-2011, 03:07 PM
how did an all-star game question end up being Canada vs USA? some of you guys need to seriously grow up

mikealike305
06-21-2011, 03:16 PM
Toronto is a sports city.

i never said it wasnt

but is it a bigger sports city than places like LA, NY, Boston, Chi?

godolphins
06-21-2011, 03:18 PM
why :confused:

a big city ? toronto is bigger then boston, denver and atlanta. if all you care about is if its in a big city why do care if its an american city or canadian ? do basket balls bounce higher in the states ? i dont get it

Toronto is the 5 biggest city in north america. what makes you think devner or boston, is bigger or nicer or better ? by what standard are you using the term "better" what makes you feel soo superior ?

get off your high horse. you dont see us coming here and bashing your city, town or country.
I just want the all star game to be played in the U.S., I don't want in London, Canada, England or any other country. Why can't they keep it in the US?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
06-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Salt Lake City!

NYman15
06-21-2011, 03:20 PM
I thought i heard it was NY. not sure but i thought they were heading to the Garden after its renovations which are currently going on.

Rego247
06-21-2011, 03:23 PM
I just want the all star game to be played in the U.S., I don't want in London, Canada, England or any other country. Why can't they keep it in the US?

why do u want to keep it in the US so badly?

you do realize toronto has a professional basketball team. and is one of the biggest media markets in north america.

why the prejudice?

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 03:23 PM
to smith and weston.

No but the raptors are usually top 10 in attendance and we hardley ever even make the play offs.

and for thoughs of you who dont know a canadian man invented basketball.

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 03:26 PM

London is a city.

and dont worry you will most likely get your wish ..

godolphins
06-21-2011, 03:29 PM
london is a city.

And dont worry you will most likely get your wish ..

uk

king4day
06-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Can a city (or team owner) sue if the lockout costs them the revenue from a lost all-star game?

On topic, I'd say get it in Charlotte. Hasn't been here (not with the Bobcats at least). It's a nice enough area. Could help attract more fans overall.

DwayneMVPwade
06-21-2011, 03:32 PM
]ignorance man[/B]. cuz we are foreigners, so we don't appreciate basketball as much as our american counterparts.

all we care about is hockey and living in igloos. that's what the haters want to say, but are too big of pusses to say it.

Agree.

assisi805
06-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Can a city (or team owner) sue if the lockout costs them the revenue from a lost all-star game?

On topic, I'd say get it in Charlotte. Hasn't been here (not with the Bobcats at least). It's a nice enough area. Could help attract more fans overall.

This is the kind of seriousness I wanted when i started this thread :clap:

I figure since they only pick the location 1 year in advance it would just get pushed to the next year so no one would really lose anything.

DwayneMVPwade
06-21-2011, 03:35 PM
It doesnt matter where the damn all star game is, as long as its entertaining. Though I would love it in toronto

mikealike305
06-21-2011, 03:40 PM
No but the raptors are usually top 10 in attendance and we hardley ever even make the play offs.

and for thoughs of you who dont know a canadian man invented basketball.

look im not arguing that it shouldnt be in toronto. just making a point that it being a top 5 city doesnt mean much as far as getting the all-star game

i for one wouldnt mind it in Toronto, or somewhere different. they will sell tickets cuz ppl in Toronto will be pumped to have it there. and the location of the game doesnt ever influence if i watch or not. so i say go Toronto

BuddhaMONK
06-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Toronto should get an all star game, an ontarian invented the damn game. How is Toronto ever supposed to become a major nba city if people have these kinds of attitudes towards it.

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 03:49 PM
look im not arguing that it shouldnt be in toronto. just making a point that it being a top 5 city doesnt mean much as far as getting the all-star game

i for one wouldnt mind it in Toronto, or somewhere different. they will sell tickets cuz ppl in Toronto will be pumped to have it there. and the location of the game doesnt ever influence if i watch or not. so i say go Toronto

no my responce was to those who were saying " i want it in a big city in the states like denver, atlanta or boston" I felt the need to inform our fellow poster that toronto is a bigger city then all three cities he mentioned.

and i agree with you my man, i dont think it really matters where they hold it. I just personally think every city that has a team in the nba should host the all star game once. but what do i know.

Id watch it no matter where its held as well. because im a fan of the game :D

THE GIPPER
06-21-2011, 03:50 PM

oh my.....

you are single handedly proving the stereotype that americans have no idea what goes on outside of their own nation :facepalm:

BuddhaMONK
06-21-2011, 03:51 PM
no my responce was to those who were saying " i want it in a big city in the states like denver, atlanta or boston" I felt the need to inform our fellow poster that toronto is a bigger city then all three cities he mentioned.

and i agree with you my man, i dont think it really matters where they hold it. I just personally think every city that has a team in the nba should host the all star game once. but what do i know.

the all star game should really rotate evenly around so every team gets it once each 30 years.

Tony_Starks
06-21-2011, 03:54 PM
Last I heard they were in negotiations to have LA host it again for 2013. Which will be A-ok with me since the last allstar weekend was like one big damn music video! Honeys as far as the eye can see! I even saw Clyde Drexler trying to get at a couple! He was cool though, took a pic and talked to us. I was like "Clyde you the man but you know we still mad at you from the Portland days right?"

BuddhaMONK
06-21-2011, 03:59 PM
I think its just a lack of knowledge. like i said i know alot of americans who visit toronto and love it. including basketball players. shaq has a home in toronto .. he never played in toronto why the hell would he have a home here ? maybe he actually likes igloos and hockey. oh and hockey is another sport invented by a canadian. see americans love our sports they just dont want to share it with us. they wanna keep it all to them selves lol .. wish they thought of it first lol haha. jokes jokes.

I don't think we invented hockey.

mikealike305
06-21-2011, 04:01 PM

yea i dont know if atlanta and denver are great ideas.
and i also would like to see a system similar to that. maybe an all star lottery since the NBA loves those lol
less times a city has hosted a game, better shot they have.

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 04:02 PM
the all star game should really rotate evenly around so every team gets it once each 30 years.

That would be sick. we would get to see how each city hosts and the turn out of theyre fan base.. it would be nice.

TO Rapz
06-21-2011, 04:02 PM
:facepalm: @ the *******s who are ignorant towards the T-Dot.

BuddhaMONK
06-21-2011, 04:03 PM
That would be sick. we would get to see how each city hosts and the turn out of theyre fan base.. it would be nice.

best way to grow the sport too.

avrpatsfan
06-21-2011, 04:23 PM
Boston would be a great place. It's basketball Mecca (17 championships won here) and hasn't hosted an ASG since 1964. Hard to argue against that.

Big Zo
06-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Miami hasn't hosted it since 1990 and that's simply unacceptable. Hell, we've even hosted a Pro Bowl in that time for Christ's sake!

DMasta718
06-21-2011, 04:51 PM
I would say NY but renovations probably won't be done by that time.

Ripper Gein
06-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Los Angeles would be a great place. It's basketball Mecca (16 championships won here 17 next) and hasn't hosted an ASG since 2011. Hard to argue against that.

Fixed to reality.

BuddhaMONK
06-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Miami hasn't hosted it since 1990 and that's simply unacceptable. Hell, we've even hosted a Pro Bowl in that time for Christ's sake!

Miami Fans are the worst in the words of charles barkley. Besides every regular season game is an all star game for you guys.

asandhu23
06-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Warriors will host one when they make the new arena in San Francisco right next to Giants stadium.

smith&wesson
06-21-2011, 05:40 PM
I don't think we invented hockey.

"When was “Ice Hockey” invented remains a matter of debate but it is believed that it was invented in the mid 1850’s by British soldiers staying in Nova Scotia, Canada. They used a rubber ball initially to play the first ice hockey game with some basic rules."

http://hockeytribute.com/who-invented-hockey.shtml

I was partially joking.. but technically it looks like it was the british .. i didnt even know that.

LakersMaster24
06-21-2011, 05:40 PM
I heard its in Orlando...weird.

xxplayerxx23
06-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Miami Fans are the worst in the words of charles barkley. Besides every regular season game is an all star game for you guys.

No need to bash miami. Miami is a great place, I wouldn't mind seeing it anywhere. I wish ny but it really doesnt matter toronto doesnt sound bad either

ULT WARRIOR408
06-21-2011, 06:21 PM
Salt Lake City!

I don't think a allstar game has ever been played there so why not?Plus mormons love them b-ball.:nod:

ULT WARRIOR408
06-21-2011, 06:22 PM
How about OKC & Orlando?

BuddhaMONK
06-21-2011, 06:48 PM
No need to bash miami. Miami is a great place, I wouldn't mind seeing it anywhere. I wish ny but it really doesnt matter toronto doesnt sound bad either

not bashing the city just the fans. I`d much prefer the all star game take place in cities where success is rare. Toronto, Charlotte,Memphis, Minnesota, New Orleans (if they still have a team), etc.

Delfiffer
06-21-2011, 09:00 PM
New York or Toronto is fine. And why would Miami host in 2013 when in 2012 it's in Orlando?? Florida is great but they dont need to host it in back-to back years

jetman
06-21-2011, 09:07 PM
How about New York? Let's have the best players play at the mecca.

Knicks21
06-21-2011, 09:15 PM
I would not be surprised if it was New York. They are due and renovations of msg finish in time for the 2012-2013 season.

theLgndKllr35
06-21-2011, 09:22 PM
I'd be fine with it in Toronto. Great city.

06-22-2011, 12:12 PM

London is in England

I'd like to see it in Toronto or Boston. I can't believe it hasn't been in Boston since 1964 that's ridiculous

Avenged
06-22-2011, 12:18 PM
What's so bad about having it in Canada? Since when is Canada hated so much on? :shrug:

Last I checked, Canada does have a pro sports team, and although I think there are other cities I would much rather have it in, I see no problem with it being in Canada when they have a team in the NBA.

Ripper Gein
06-22-2011, 12:23 PM
How about Los Angeles? Let's have the best players play at the mecca.

Fixed again.

BuddhaMONK
06-22-2011, 01:19 PM
What's so bad about having it in Canada? Since when is Canada hated so much on? :shrug:

Last I checked, Canada does have a pro sports team, and although I think there are other cities I would much rather have it in, I see no problem with it being in Canada when they have a team in the NBA.

Because some of the people are hating on places they have never been to. I`m not going to talk ******* about cities i`ve never been to, unlike some people.
I mean seriously I read one comment above where the guy thought that london and england were separate places, how dumb is that?

Big Zo
06-22-2011, 01:25 PM

Do you also agree with Charles Barkley's diet of eating everything in sight?

BuddhaMONK
06-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Do you also agree with Charles Barkley's diet of eating everything in sight?

it's true miami fans don't support anything unless their winning. Look at the marlins, Panthers, look at the heat before they won their championship. The only team you support is the dolphins (even that you were only ranked 16th last season) and that's only because there is only 8 games a year to go to. Miami is the worst sports town out there. No doubt in my mind if you guys didn't have lebron and wade and didn't make the playoffs for a few years you would be dead last in the league in attendance. Barkley is right.

Rosh
06-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Having it only warm weather locales is just not right, in my opinion. Every arena should get a chance to host one. It would do wonders for cities with teams with fledgling teams...give them at least one marquee basketball event.

Eagles4Lyfe
06-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Tdot all night all dayyy bring it here baby

Bob_at_york
06-23-2011, 12:47 PM
Having it only warm weather locales is just not right, in my opinion. Every arena should get a chance to host one. It would do wonders for cities with teams with fledgling teams...give them at least one marquee basketball event.

I agree. I think that they should rotate and not just go to warm weather cities. Speaking about this thread, if that other guy is right that Boston hasn't hosted since the 60s (I am very surprised by this) then I think they should host the next one. Have the next non-warm weather allstar game in a big market like that.

Sadds The Gr8
06-23-2011, 12:59 PM
LOL

1st of all, London is in England...it isn't a country :laugh::facepalm:

2nd of all, England doesn't have an NBA team so why the **** would you compare playing an ASG in Canada to England:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

because idiots think we don't give a crap about basketball and don't know ****. everytime the Raptors are mentioned in the NBA forum some stupid piece of **** makes an idiotic comment about Canada. some of these dorks haven't realized that a Canadian made basketball. they should get a damn clue.

Ripper Gein
06-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Saying Tdot over and over still wont make it cool:D

Eagles4Lyfe
06-23-2011, 01:16 PM
Yes it does, ask chris bosh whos on a team that bashes our city, he himself reps tdot till he dies, don't believe us we have video or pics to prove it;)

Btw tdotttttt all dayyy all night till the death of us yeaaaaaaa

Ripper Gein
06-23-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeeaahh....still not cool, jk jk toronto is a nice city just too damn cold for a so. cali boy like myself.

Tmath
06-23-2011, 01:20 PM
Saying Tdot over and over still wont make it cool:D

Oh because Los Anjealous is so much cooler :rolleyes:

Ripper Gein
06-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Oh because Los Anjealous is so much cooler :rolleyes:

And yes Los Anjealous is A LOT cooler cuz it works on 2 levels it sounds amazing and it's true.

Tmath
06-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Yeeaahh....still not cool, jk jk toronto is a nice city just too damn cold for a so. cali boy like myself.

Its pretty hot here right now :p

Casino
06-23-2011, 01:25 PM
I would suggest New Orleans as well.

As for Toronto, it is a nice city. Furthermore, if Raleigh, NC can host an NHL ASG, why not Toronto hosting an NBA ASG?

Tmath
06-23-2011, 01:26 PM

As for Toronto, it is a nice city. Furthermore, if Raleigh, NC can host an NHL ASG, why not Toronto hosting an NBA ASG?

:clap:

Ripper Gein
06-23-2011, 01:27 PM
Its pretty hot here right now :p

Im on my way save me some white women!

S-Dot
06-23-2011, 01:29 PM

Didn't New Orleans just have it in 2008? Let a city that hasnt had the opportunity in long time get one.

Il Mago50
06-23-2011, 01:35 PM

Damn man, I go to Los Alamitos twice a year and it's like 15 degrees Celsius in February over there. I don't give a damn if you guys never get snow other then in the mountains, I don't see how that weather is why better for an all-star game. And trust me, NYC, Minny, Chicago, Boston and any city anywhere near the border is just as cold and snowy as us. Hell, those storms have to go through the states before they even hit us up here in Toronto...

Yes it does, ask chris bosh whos on a team that bashes our city, he himself reps tdot till he dies, don't believe us we have video or pics to prove it;)

Btw tdotttttt all dayyy all night till the death of us yeaaaaaaa

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Trace
06-23-2011, 01:38 PM
You guys DO realize, PSD is a Canadian website right? Which makes most of the xenophobic comments on here quite redundant.

Bob_at_york
06-23-2011, 01:42 PM
You guys DO realize, PSD is a Canadian website right? Which makes most of the xenophobic comments on here quite redundant.

how does it make it "redundant"? Are you sure you used the right word?

Trace
06-23-2011, 01:44 PM
how does it make it "redundant"? Are you sure you used the right word?

xenophobic of Canada+they're on a Canadian website= unnecessary =superfluous =redundant

I could have used a better word but I'm not describing their behaviour just the nature of their comments.

knicks=love
06-23-2011, 01:53 PM
seems to only be in warm weather places. I heard rumblings of it going straight back to LA, which I hope isn't true.

negative. they try to spread it out, but toronto has never had it. idk why. with the garden being re-constructed and such.. i could see it going there 2013, 2014, or 2015, one of those years

Trace
06-23-2011, 01:56 PM
negative. they try to spread it out, but toronto has never had it. idk why. with the garden being re-constructed and such.. i could see it going there 2013, 2014, or 2015, one of those years

They were in the running for one but then it went to Vegas. :shrug:

Bob_at_york
06-23-2011, 01:57 PM
xenophobic of Canada+they're on a Canadian website= unnecessary =superfluous =redundant

I could have used a better word but I'm not describing their behaviour just the nature of their comments.

I think it is "unnecessary" "superfluous" and "redundant" even if it is an American website. If anything, the fact that this is a Canadian website, makes the comments funny.

kenzo400
06-23-2011, 02:15 PM

Toronto would be a pretty good city to host it, it is a much more vibrant city than you think. Atlanta would suck balls, boring city. Boston has a nice downtown core, not a bad idea and Denver (the players do need to inhale oxygen don't they?)

Il Mago50
06-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Toronto would be a pretty good city to host it, it is a much more vibrant city than you think. Atlanta would suck balls, boring city. Boston has a nice downtown core, not a bad idea and Denver (the players do need to inhale oxygen don't they?)

Exactly. I'm totally against the fact that it keeps flip flopping between like 4-5 cities the last few years.

This isn't the NFL pro bowl which is seen as a week away with the family to Hawaii or Florida or where ever they moved it too. No NBA city is a tropical paradise in the month of February, not Miami, Orlando, LA, etc. The location scheme shouldn't stem from the weather conditions at all and I think a much better scheme is to allow every city a chance at hosting the all-star game.

It is the fairest way to make every fan happy and everyone already knows that people will travel distances in order to attend so if you put the all-star game in Cleveland, you know people from around the country and Canada will come to watch it.

Even go so far as to take the lottery scheme one step further: every year before the season, similar to the NBA draft lottery, you have a lottery draft with each team having even odds of getting the game. Once that city gets the game, they are subsequently eliminated for 15 years from having it and are put back into the lottery as a potential destination only after that 15 years has passed.

It would grow the game of basketball throughout North America and you could even throw in a few foreign locations where the events could be held to attract more foreign NBA fans (i.e. Shanghai, Barcelona, etc.)

BuddhaMONK
06-23-2011, 02:49 PM

could you imagine driving in boston with the all star game lol.

kenzo400
06-23-2011, 05:21 PM
could you imagine driving in boston with the all star game lol.

No point, i'd take my bicycle. It would probably be a lot quicker lol