PDA

View Full Version : Andre Iguodala trade to Clippers very close.

Pages : [1] 2

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 07:32 PM
Report: A trade for Andre Iguodala is very close, and insiders saying it is the Clippers. Iguodala expects to be gone by next week.

Twitter DevonNBA

Also this new article.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=20178

blastmasta26
06-20-2011, 07:38 PM
I've said this before, but Iggy on the Clips would be a very good fit. Gives them the facilitator and lock down defender they so desperately need, plus he has the athleticism to work well with Gordon and Blake.

lakersiznumber1
06-20-2011, 07:39 PM
if clippers end up makin this trade they will make the playoffs next season. Good trade for la but 76ers lol i dont know y u want kaman

Khalifa21
That team will be unbelievably athletic if they get Iggy...

Gordon/Iggy/Griffin/Jordan

If it wasn't the Clippers and they weren't jinxed, that would be a playoff team on paper with Mo Williams running the point.

KnicksR4Real
who is he traded for?

Clippersfan86
I've said this before, but Iggy on the Clips would be a very good fit. Gives them the facilitator and lock down defender they so desperately need, plus he has the athleticism to work well with Gordon and Blake.

Exactly right. :clap:

kntresistheheat
06-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Clippers are going to have a very good team!

Jordan
Blake
Iggy
Gordan
Williams

Kobes a Killer
06-20-2011, 07:40 PM
I'd love Iggy on the Clippers. Thats a good looking line up with him.

Williams-Pure shooter
Gordon-Pure athletic ability and good shooter
Iggy-Everyone knows what he has to offer, solid player
Blake...Nuff said
Jordan...I dunno really

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 07:43 PM
who is he traded for?

Kaman. Who was an all star 2 seasons ago with 18.5 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 1.5 bpg and has 1 year left on his deal. Sixers aren't in a good situation cap wise... and Kaman's 12.5 or 12.7 mill comes off the books after next season which is when Dwight, Deron, CP3 and all those guys are free agents. More flexibility for Sixers than Ellis deal.

Kobe4Life
06-20-2011, 07:44 PM
damn if this goes down clips future is looking real nice. I wouldn't mind checking them out here and there on TV.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 07:44 PM

If it wasn't the Clippers and they weren't jinxed, that would be a playoff team on paper with Mo Williams running the point.

Add Bledsoe to that lineup and you have the most athletic starting 5 in league history. All the players supposedly have 38+ inch verts.. super explosive, quick.. strong. It would be such an athletic team... and even this year we were the most athletic team.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 07:51 PM
From another Sixers "insider"

"Things I expect to happen:
Iguodala to LAC for Aminu and Kaman by Wednesday. We may include Speights and they may include Willie Warren in one variation. Also in play is a swap of pick #37 for pick #50 as part of the deal. Deal has many variations but it sounds like one of the above is most likely to get done by Wednesday."

JDink24
06-20-2011, 07:51 PM
I hate life.:sigh:

shep33
06-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Stupid by the Sixers. Kaman isn't that good, and he's injury prone. People say Bynum is terrible when it comes to injuries. Bad bad move.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-20-2011, 07:54 PM
kaman sucks, why sixers why?

blahblahyoutoo
06-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Hello,everybody,the good shoping place,the new season approaching, click in. Let’s facelift bar!

===== http://www.bingstore.us ====

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

UGG BOOT $50

Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $33

Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $33

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $12

New era cap $9

Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $18

We accept any form of payment

http://www.bingstore.us
╭⌒╮⌒╮.’,”’,,’,.”,,’,”,.
╱◥██◣”o’,”’,,’,.”.”,,’,.
|田|田田│ ”,,’,.’,”’,,’,.”
╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬╬e:

lol, not even trying with the usernames anymore.
just bash the keyboard and whatever comes out is it.

5ass
06-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Good trade for LA, they will make the playoffs next yr, only problem is bye bye 2012 capspace. If i was the gm i wouldnt do that trade simply bcZ iggy will make them better but not elite, cp3 dwill and d12 will make them elite. I would sign some1 like prince for a reasonable contract, let them get a good draft pick this season and go big in 2012, if they can have a lineup of cp3 gordon prince griffin jordan u have urself a dynasty. No1 in the west can stop them. Or they can sign d12 and trade jordan for any above avg pg. Leaving kaman on the clips would give them better options for the future.

Lakerhead4ever
06-20-2011, 07:57 PM
wow, clippers were exciting last year, if they do this they will be a playoff team.

they are obviously trying to make blake happy from the jump.

Lim
06-20-2011, 07:58 PM
christ. whats with the sixers trading/signing bigs that are past their primes? mutumbo, c-webb,brand, and now kaman? fml

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 07:58 PM
Good trade for LA, they will make the playoffs next yr, only problem is bye bye 2012 capspace. If i was the gm i wouldnt do that trade simply bcZ iggy will make them better but not elite, cp3 dwill and d12 will make them elite. I would sign some1 like prince for a reasonable contract, let them get a good draft pick this season and go big in 2012, if they can have a lineup of cp3 gordon prince griffin jordan u have urself a dynasty. No1 in the west can stop them. Or they can sign d12 and trade jordan for any above avg pg. Leaving kaman on the clips would give them better options for the future.

If Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon turn into the level of superstars the fans and GM/coaches feel they will.. we have no need for CP3/Deron or Dwight. Not saying they aren't an upgrade but doesn't get much better than....

Mo Williams: 14 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 6.6 apg
Eric Gordon: 22.3 ppg, 3 rpg, 4.2 apg
Andre Iguodala: 14 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 6.3 apg, 1.5 spg
Blake Griffin: 22.5 ppg, 12 rpg, 4 apg
DeAndre Jordan: 7 ppg, 7 rpg, 2 bpg in 24 minutes

If we address our lack of shooters on the bench to go with that starting 5... we don't need Dwight to become a dynasty or at least an elite team if everyone does their job. Also in 2012 we have Minny pick which will probably be top 3... in a super deep draft. Imagine getting someone like Austin Rivers to replace Mo Williams down the line?

Chronz
06-20-2011, 07:59 PM
PLZ throw in Speights if your taking Aminu

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 07:59 PM
wow, clippers were exciting last year, if they do this they will be a playoff team.

they are obviously trying to make blake happy from the jump.

They don't want to repeat the mistakes of the Magic with Dwight.. or Cavs with Lebron. Blake will never want to leave or test the free agent market.

Hawkamania
06-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Add Bledsoe to that lineup and you have the most athletic starting 5 in league history. All the players supposedly have 38+ inch verts.. super explosive, quick.. strong. It would be such an athletic team... and even this year we were the most athletic team.

Being a HUGE UK fan, I have the up most respect for Bledsoe's game. He has unreal athletic ability, hope you guys are enjoying him as much as we did.

blastmasta26
06-20-2011, 08:01 PM
This is a good point, but I don't know if I'd pass on a great fit like Iggy based on a small chance of getting a FA in 2012. Blake, Bledsoe, Gordon, Jordan, and Aminu (although he could possibly be included in the trade) all have room to grow and the Clippers could still be elite with Iggy there and then just filling in the roster while the core develops.

Korman12
06-20-2011, 08:04 PM
Ughggghhh.

I like Aminu and all but uuugggghhhhhh.

By the way, the Monta deal is still on the table for GS.

FNM BOY
06-20-2011, 08:07 PM
I can guarantee the Sixers ticket sales will damn go down on this one!!!! DUMB ****ING IDEA!!!

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Being a HUGE UK fan, I have the up most respect for Bledsoe's game. He has unreal athletic ability, hope you guys are enjoying him as much as we did.

Dude I LOVE Bledsoe. He's so cold blooded and fearless on the court. His 17 point 4 steals 4th quarter vs the Wizards and his 15 point, 3 steals, 2 blocks 4th quarter vs the Nuggets blew me away. I think at his max peak potential he's a Tony Parker/Rondo hybrid. He's a defensive monster and a freak athlete. I think so many people sell him short and don't realize his potential.

Throughout the season even starting in summer league his turnovers went way down, ball handling improved and he started showing great PG skills second half of the season. I'm very big on him and feel he's the PG of our future.

Lim
06-20-2011, 08:11 PM
Preach fnm_boy!

Crackadalic
06-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Looks like Philly for that 2012 FA class if there doing this deal. If not then it makes no sense

sb123
06-20-2011, 08:14 PM
Clippers need shooters. Don't like the deal.

CityofChaos
06-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Philly is in need of a good scorer--Monta Ellis being one of the best in the league-- but they would rather settle for an injury prone Chris Kaman?

It sucks being a Sixers fan right now :facepalm:

Chi StateOfMind
06-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Good trade for Clippers
Bad trade for 76ers

Knickrocketsfan
06-20-2011, 08:18 PM
doid everyone forget Kaman made the allstar game like two yr ago

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Clippers need shooters. Don't like the deal.

Mo Williams+Eric Gordon will outshoot any starting 1-2 combo in the league probably. Can address the all around weakness in outside shooting with bench players in free agency. Doesn't need to be a 3rd shooter in starting 5. We will basically be in the Memphis Grizzlies mold but much better down the line because we have 2 legit franchise players. Memphis is strong in every area besides outside shooting basically and that's probably what we will be.

PhillyFaninLA
06-20-2011, 08:19 PM
Stupid by the Sixers. Kaman isn't that good, and he's injury prone. People say Bynum is terrible when it comes to injuries. Bad bad move.

The deal would be about Aminu not Kaman. Kaman would walk at the end of the year, but Aminu would fit into the Sixers long term plans. Aminu would play behind Brand and Turner has a simliar skill set (better offense and rebounding, slightly less defense) and that is part of the reason for an Iggy trade. Aminu will learn behind Brand and from Doug Collins and fill in take over full time when Brands contract expires in a few years.

The deal is not about Kaman he is just part of it.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Philly is in need of a good scorer--Monta Ellis being one of the best in the league-- but they would rather settle for an injury prone Chris Kaman?

Evan Turner and Thaddeus Young getting a shot and if they happen to blow up.. you probably won't hate this trade. Kaman gives you guys a legit 7'0 footer who's a great all around big. Sixers weakness was size. If they had a good center like Kaman they would of pushed the Heat further in the playoffs.

ragee
06-20-2011, 08:20 PM
If Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon turn into the level of superstars the fans and GM/coaches feel they will.. we have no need for CP3/Deron or Dwight. Not saying they aren't an upgrade but doesn't get much better than....

If we address our lack of shooters on the bench to go with that starting 5... we don't need Dwight to become a dynasty or at least an elite team if everyone does their job. Also in 2012 we have Minny pick which will probably be top 3... in a super deep draft. Imagine getting someone like Austin Rivers to replace Mo Williams down the line?

I would prefer a true PG if I have a freakishly athletic lineup like that....

And don't count on the Minny pick too much... Rubio is coming to town... :D

PhillyFaninLA
06-20-2011, 08:21 PM

Played the Heat tough in the playoffs.

Have Doug Collins as coach.

Holliday, Turner, Meeks, Young, Williams, Speights, and Hawes. Yeah it sucks.

We have a great coach, and a ton of young players will really high upside. Turner and Holliday can be stars. Could be worse.

FNM BOY
06-20-2011, 08:23 PM

After the run we had in the playoffs...to make a move like this would leave me ****ing baffled!!!! A healthy, solid all around atheltic, 2nd ALL DeFENSIVE TEAM B- baller in Iggy...for a washed up injury prone..non athletic, Slow Center in Kris Kaman ???? Wow....one step forward..10 steps backwards...would be a ****ing aweful decision!!!

gotoHcarolina52
06-20-2011, 08:23 PM
damn if this goes down clips future is looking real nice. I wouldn't mind checking them out here and there on TV.

Lakers fans are already jumping ship. Smart move b/c Dumbass Mike Brown + Old Useless Kobe + Soft Heartbroken Pau = Ship Be Sinkin.

Great trade for the Clippers.

PhillyFaninLA
06-20-2011, 08:24 PM
After the run we had in the playoffs...to make a move like this would leave me ****ing baffled!!!! A healthy, solid all around atheltic, 2nd ALL DeFENSIVE TEAM B- baller in Iggy...for a washed up injury prone..non athletic, Slow Center is Kris Kaman ???? Wow....one step forward..10 steps backwards...would be a ****ing aweful decision!!!

Its about Aminu not Kaman. Aminu fits long term, Kaman would just be part of the deal.

Young and Stupid
06-20-2011, 08:24 PM
Everyone will dismiss this because they're the Clippers, but it sets up nicely for Chris Paul to join the team next season.

The Clippers have a very bright future.

*Notes:
1) I am not a Clippers fan.
2) The Knicks will not have the cap-space to add Chris Paul.
3) Eric Gordon is one of the most underrated players in the league.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 08:25 PM
After the run we had in the playoffs...to make a move like this would leave me ****ing baffled!!!! A healthy, solid all around atheltic, 2nd ALL DeFENSIVE TEAM B- baller in Iggy...for a washed up injury prone..non athletic, Slow Center in Kris Kaman ???? Wow....one step forward..10 steps backwards...would be a ****ing aweful decision!!!

Ever hear of addition by subtraction????? No Iggy= more playing time for talented young players on Sixers... more cap flexibility AND you guys want Iggy gone and he wants out as well.

KmB728
06-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Bledsoe Gordon Griffin Jordan Iggy

Talk about freakish athletic ability

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-20-2011, 08:26 PM
doid everyone forget Kaman made the allstar game like two yr ago

:facepalm:
who the **** cares about the all star game, the guy sucks he's padding stats and thinks he's a 1st option.

FNM BOY
06-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Played the Heat tough in the playoffs.

Have Doug Collins as coach.

Holliday, Turner, Meeks, Young, Williams, Speights, and Hawes. Yeah it sucks.
We have a great coach, and a ton of young players will really high upside. Turner and Holliday can be stars. Could be worse.

:mad:....YA DAMN RIGHT!!!!

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 08:27 PM
I would prefer a true PG if I have a freakishly athletic lineup like that....

And don't count on the Minny pick too much... Rubio is coming to town... :D

Oh I agree man but don't forget we have Bledsoe too. A super promising, high potential 21 year old PG. Mo Williams won't be the primary ballhandler... Iggy and Gordon would. Mo is basically there to spread the floor with his shooting and be a leader on the court.

I think Rubio is going to be solid but to predict him taking the Wolves out of the lottery right away is a pretty big stretch you have to admit.

llemon
06-20-2011, 08:29 PM

Sixers need a legitimate bigman. Kaman has an ending contract, and if he's healthy, he will help Sixers.

Igloo is unnecessary in Philly, and has a large contract and offensive weaknesses.

Not sure could do much better than this deal.

FNM BOY
06-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Ever hear of addition by subtraction????? No Iggy= more playing time for talented young players on Sixers... more cap flexibility AND you guys want Iggy gone and he wants out as well.

Yeah I know because it overly benefits you more than us :rolleyes:....We want Iggy gone but not for a washed up..non athletic..slow..injury prone Center!!!

AnalyzeNShoot
06-20-2011, 08:32 PM
Clipper vs Grizz WCF

honestly that scary. if they dont make the players this year, if they are not the #5 seed in west, then THEY ARE TRULY CURSED AND THEY SHOULD BURN THEIR LOGO!!!! MOVE TO CANADA

PhillyFaninLA
Yeah I know because it overly benefits you more than us :rolleyes:....We want Iggy gone but not for a washed up..non athletic..slow..injury prone Center!!!

Its not about Kaman FNM BOY its about Aminu. Why can't you see that?

Clippersfan86

Slow and injury prone is accurate but it's very unfair to call him washed up. He was injured most of this season but last season put up 18.5 ppg, 9.3 rpg and 1.5 bpg. He's 28 soon to be 29. How is he washed up man? He's a fundamental big... not one who relies on athleticism so he definitely can give you guys another 3-4 good seasons as a starting 5. I think if this deal goes through and he's healthy you'll change your mind about him.

FNM BOY
Sixers need a legitimate bigman. Kaman has an ending contract, and if he's healthy, he will help Sixers.

Igloo is unnecessary in Philly, and has a large contract and offensive weaknesses.

History has already proven whas gonna happen HE IS INJURY PRONE...he is too slow and too old for our offensive chemistry...he is gonna **** our style of play up!!!

Knickrocketsfan
:facepalm:
who the **** cares about the all star game, the guy sucks he's padding stats and thinks he's a 1st option.

How did he pad his stats? That season he was great. so Griffin was padding his stats last yr as the number one option and how bout kevin Love. Yeah thought so.:facepalm::facepalm:

CityofChaos
06-20-2011, 08:40 PM

They said the same thing about Elton Brand the year they signed him and Im not convinced that even when hes healthy that Kaman can be as effective as he was in 09.

I dont like the deal for the Sixers because I learned to not trust the possibilty of a positive outcome when it comes to trading for injury prone 'I was good previously but not anymore' type players....and Im sure that PSD could create a thread naming the top 10 players that fit that description.

djmc72
06-20-2011, 08:40 PM
I usually prefer to not lambaste any organization's offseason moves until the body of work is complete and we get to training camp. HOWEVER, if Iggy is traded for Kaman I will be pissed off to the highest level of piss-tivity.

My biggest problem is that I have been accepting of the idea of Markieff and just started to get excited about Donatas Motiejunas and now I fear that if the Sixers get Kaman they might choose to go for a wing player at #16.

sixer04fan
06-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Damn it. I wanted better than Kaman for Iguodala. Seriously, this is a bad deal for the Sixers.

gbpackers12
06-20-2011, 08:47 PM
Never in my life did I think I'd say I'm envious of the Clippers. :sigh: That's a really good move for them, they should be pretty exciting to watch next year if this goes through.

JDink24
06-20-2011, 08:52 PM
Please still make a run at Montijunas in the draft. If they do this then took Morris or Honeycutt my head would expolde.

djmc72
06-20-2011, 08:55 PM
only plus to this deal in my eyes is the fact that Kaman's expiring contract could get us a real solid return come the trade deadline

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-20-2011, 08:55 PM
How did he pad his stats? That season he was great. so Griffin was padding his stats last yr as the number one option and how bout kevin Love. Yeah thought so.:facepalm::facepalm:

in his best year he had .083 WS/48, thats horrible for a center, and the last 2 years he has been even more pathetic.

Also his career ORTG is 98:laugh2::puke:

FriedTofuz
06-20-2011, 08:56 PM
That would be a good trade for both teams. kaman was an all star in the past and his contract will save the sixers money. The Clippers, continue to be the most athletic team in the league. Theyre like the harlem globetrotters

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 08:58 PM
That would be a good trade for both teams. kaman was an all star in the past and his contract will save the sixers money. The Clippers, continue to be the most athletic team in the league. Theyre like the harlem globetrotters

Eric Bledsoe, Eric Gordon, Iggy, Aminu, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Jamario Moon.... :speechless:

JRisdabest
06-20-2011, 08:58 PM
make it happen NOW!!!!!!!!!!.....then pick up JR SMITH as our 6th man

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 09:00 PM
:sigh:

If this goes through I really hope Doug can work with Kaman defensively. He has potential on that end of the floor but really hasn't been able to play good D for any extended period of time. I really really hope he stays healthy as well. I'm really gonna miss Iggy. The fact that we're going to lose him for a salary dump is not sitting well in my stomach :puke:

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 09:01 PM
in his best year he had .083 WS/48, thats horrible for a center, and the last 2 years he has been even more pathetic.

Smh. I really hope he works on his D if he becomes a Sixer. I don't see him becoming much of an efficient offensive threat.

Sadds The Gr8
06-20-2011, 09:02 PM
pure CRAMMIN gonna be goin on in LA. Nice fit for Iggy if it happens.

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 09:03 PM
To all those who are talking about the fact that Kaman was an all star a couple years back I urge you guys to read Chronz's blog. While I don't fully agree on everything he said in it I will defer some of my judgement of Clippers players to him since he's quite frankly the most knowledgeable clippers fan on all of PSD.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 09:06 PM
:sigh:

If this goes through I really hope Doug can work with Kaman defensively. He has potential on that end of the floor but really hasn't been able to play good D for any extended period of time. I really really hope he stays healthy as well. I'm really gonna miss Iggy. The fact that we're going to lose him for a salary dump is not sitting well in my stomach :puke:

Hey Swash long time no see. Kaman's actually a very capable defender and next to Brand, playing for Collins I see him improving for sure. Not only can Kaman easily give you 2-3 blocks per game no problem when he expends more on D but he's a very physical defender. Even Dwight Howard doesn't throw Kaman around easily in the post. His size is very legit. 7'0 275 ish. I REALLY hope it happens and improves both teams so that it's mutually beneficial. I'm not all for ripping off other teams because I think trades should be fair BUT I think a healthy Kaman will earn the approval of Sixers fans.

LT.CARDWISIE
06-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Eric Bledsoe, Eric Gordon, Iggy, Aminu, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan, Jamario Moon.... :speechless:

umm i think Aminu is supposed to be included in the deal

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 09:08 PM
umm i think Aminu is supposed to be included in the deal

In one variation/rumor sure.. but in the other 3 different ones involving Kaman for Iggy he isn't. Even if you take away Aminu that's the most athletic team in NBA history across the board most likely.

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Hey Swash long time no see. Kaman's actually a very capable defender and next to Brand, playing for Collins I see him improving for sure. Not only can Kaman easily give you 2-3 blocks per game no problem when he expends more on D but he's a very physical defender. Even Dwight Howard doesn't throw Kaman around easily in the post. His size is very legit. 7'0 275 ish. I REALLY hope it happens and improves both teams so that it's mutually beneficial. I'm not all for ripping off other teams because I think trades should be fair BUT I think a healthy Kaman will earn the approval of Sixers fans.

Hey bro!

I hear ya on everything you're saying. I think he is capable defensively as well. The thing is there is the big ? of health (something that can be said about every C in the NBA not name Dwight, Samuel or Horford) and I guess a bunch of us look at that at cringe. But in today's NBA if Kaman stays healthy he is capable of being a top 10 C. I would LOVE to have a top 10 C to go along with Jrue and Evan. If this trade goes down as much as I wont like seeing my favorite player go I'd certainly root for the best from Kaman.

Though I am a Sixer fan I am an NBA fan first and from that perspective if Iggy has to leave I won't mind seeing him on your Clippers.

mbsalame123
06-20-2011, 09:14 PM
I actually thought this trade was going to happen during the trade deadline this year. Lol I was working with the Trade Machine and did the same exact trade that is being talked about. Chris Kaman and Aminu for Igoudala and Speights except I did not include Willie Warren but who cares about that.

Now yes sixers fans you wish you could have gotten better then Chris Kaman who is injury prone and we have already seen Elton Brand and Chris Kaman playing down low when they were together with the clippers, and when healthy this tandem downlow is really good. But that is the problem, we dont know if they can be healthy. Now everyone is saying the sixers could do better, but really.... they cant!

This is definitely way better then a monta for igoudala trade because the sixers are actually getting some help at a position of need (guards are already stacked on the team).

there is really nothing else because the Wolves will not part with the 2 pick just for Igoudala so it is not worth it and Igoudala is better then a trade exception and 4th pick from the cavs (if the cavs are willing to part with the 4th pick).

So, out of all the possibilities, this is the best deal for the sixers. Plus, they get a young forward in Aminu and give Young and Turner more playing time while Lou Williams will get more playing time at his natural position as well. The Sixers can still compete for the playoffs but with or without this trade I dont think the sixers are making the playoffs.

But I think the clippers just strengthen their chance at getting a playoff spot (there will probably only be 1 new playoff team in the west next year, hornets arent making it back).

As far as the clippers go they will have a huge 9 man rotation to work with.

Deandre Jordan
Blake Griffin
Andre Igoudala
Eric Gordan
Mo Williams
bench: Randy Foye, Mareese Speights, Eric Bledsoe, Ryan Gomes

That is great for the team and would be a good playoff team.

Now the Grizzlies need to go out there and trade Rudy Gay for the trade exception and JJ Hickson and if the cavs except the 4th pick too. The Grizzlies would have cap to resign Marc Gasol and Shane Battier from the trade, then they would have a draft pick to draft a replacement for Rudy Gay like drafting Jan Vesely or Kawhi Leonard or possibly even Enes Kanter. Then they would also get a great backup for Gasol and Randolph with JJ Hickson and they can make a run at a conference championship.

NJrockPD
06-20-2011, 09:14 PM
New top team in L.A.

LTBaByyy
06-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Good thing we got our championship hahaha

All these young teams are about to become playoff teams then become contenders in a couple of years

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Hey bro!

I hear ya on everything you're saying. I think he is capable defensively as well. The thing is there is the big ? of health (something that can be said about every C in the NBA not name Dwight, Samuel or Horford) and I guess a bunch of us look at that at cringe. But in today's NBA if Kaman stays healthy he is capable of being a top 10 C. I would LOVE to have a top 10 C to go along with Jrue and Evan. If this trade goes down as much as I wont like seeing my favorite player go I'd certainly root for the best from Kaman.

Though I am a Sixer fan I am an NBA fan first and from that perspective if Iggy has to leave I won't mind seeing him on your Clippers.

:D. Yea man... I agree health is his biggest issue. At his best he's a top 5 C and at his worst he's a top 15 maybe. He's not exactly dependable health wise or even performance wise. I just think in a contract year... for your great coaching staff and on a playoff team he's going to do better.

Like I said.. I hope this goes through mainly because it's mutually beneficial on paper. You guys can stop playing 6'8 Brand at the 5.. or the role player caliber Hawes and plug in a very capable all around center... while opening up opportunities for Turner and Young. Then you draft a solid backup big in the draft and have 12.7 mill off the books in 2012 free agency when tons of stars are available.

As for the Clippers.. it gives us an excellent playmaker, defender, good rebounder and very good 3rd scoring option. He's also got valuable playoff experience which we lack.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-20-2011, 09:18 PM
New top team in L.A.

thanks for the laugh.

GiantsSwaGG
06-20-2011, 09:18 PM

lmao...This will be the dumbest trade for the Sixers....Lakers watch out, Clippers coming threw!

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Im very upset about this. Incredibly stupid trade unless we get the twolves pick.

The only player I really want from the clips would be Deandre.

Not happy about this at all.

i've had it with oafy white players! sorry if that's racist hah, but spencer hawes is enough! I'm done!

The sixers need an athletic center, not a more skilled version of hawes! Seriously, **** this.

LTBaByyy
06-20-2011, 09:21 PM
Watch Gordon/Iggy/Griffin become a big 3 in the west in 3 years

76ers will be sooooo mad

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 09:24 PM
Im very upset about this. Incredibly stupid trade unless we get the twolves pick.

i've had it with oafy white players! sorry if that's racist hah, but spencer hawes is enough! I'm done!

The sixers need an athletic center, not a more skilled version of hawes! Seriously, **** this.

You wouldn't want Eric Gordon or Blake Griffin?? :facepalm:

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2011, 09:24 PM
btw kudos to the Clippers for raping this trade. This deal brings u guys to legitimacy after your franchise has been shat on for too long!

Incredibly athletic/exciting team and I'm gonna watch more of your games from now on! Your management has the right idea.

God damnit I'm still so ****ing pissed about this.

Really sixers? Our average age of our roster is 23.6 and you wanna add a post-injury, 30 year old OAF who doesnt fit our system at all?

It'd be ok if Kaman were just entering his prime but he's already on the decline!

Seriously....

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2011, 09:25 PM
You wouldn't want Eric Gordon or Blake Griffin?? :facepalm:

Dude, I'm thinking realistically, chill out.

JRisdabest
06-20-2011, 09:28 PM

LMAO!:dance::drunk:

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Please don't happen... Celtics have Clippers first round pick next season so please don't happen.

LTBaByyy
06-20-2011, 09:29 PM
I guess the 76ers are going to the Half Court style

Turner/Brand/Kaman is probably the slowest unathletic front court in the league

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 09:29 PM
Dude, I'm thinking realistically, chill out.

I'm chill. I was just messing around man :p.

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Please don't happen... Celtics have Clippers first round pick next season so please don't happen.

At least this may be a bit of consolation to some 76ers fans :sigh:

tredigs
06-20-2011, 09:31 PM
Well, if he's not going to the Warriors, I'd be happy with this trade to the Clippers.

Sounds crazy - but truth be told, if the Clippers pull off this trade I could see them being on the winning end versus the Lakers more often than not. Just SO much more athletic at every position, and with budding/elite talent at multiple positions.

This could be a VERY good (and at the very least, solid/fun) team next year, although I think having arguably the worst coach in basketball is going to be a huge hurtle there.

CityofTreez
06-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Donald Sterling is That Good!

DoJoTheSlasher
06-20-2011, 09:38 PM
As good as this sounds and as exciting as it is going to make the Clippers, Iggy isn't that great of a scorer....

tredigs
06-20-2011, 09:41 PM
As good as this sounds and as exciting as it is going to make the Clippers, Iggy isn't that great of a scorer....

...And? They have Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon - two dynamic/fantastic scorers. Igoudala is a GREAT third option to have on offense.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-20-2011, 09:42 PM
...And? They have Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon - two dynamic/fantastic scorers. Igoudala is a GREAT third option to have on offense.

I know I'm just saying, he is going to have a lot of 6 and 7 point nights granted he will be near triple double territory most of those nights.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 09:42 PM

He doesn't need to be. He goes from a 1st option to a 3rd or 4th going from Sixers to Clippers.

Mo Williams 15 ppg
Eric Gordon 22.3 ppg
Blake Griffin 22.5 ppg

Iggy 14 ppg. How much more scoring do you need in your starting 5???? The Clippers were pretty much tied for 2nd with Durant+Westbrook as the most productive 2 man punch in basketball when it comes to raw statistics (not efficiency.. they were 4th or 5th best there) after Wade+Lebron.

Eric Gordon was in his first breakout year and was putting up 24.3 ppg before his injury and Blake was just a rookie. Both players have a legit chance to be 25 ppg scorers this season.

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 09:43 PM

They don't need scoring. They'd have enough. What they need is just what Iguodala brings to the table. All NBA calibre wing defense, veteran presence with post season experience, a facilitator and someone who fits well within that team's offense. He'd possibly find his niche by being a 3rd option instead of a first.

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2011, 09:44 PM
I know I'm just saying, he is going to have a lot of 6 and 7 point nights granted he will be near triple double territory most of those nights.

What does it matter when you have two scorers in Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin?

Iggy's ideal numbers on the team would be 14, 7, 7 or so while shutting down the opposing teams best player.

Iggy's job isn't to score, it's to be the best perimeter defender in the NBA. Which he is..... (scroll down to see how he shut down EVERY star player in the league last season)
http://www.depressedfan.com/basketball/sixers/iguodalas-victim-list.php

...That is unbelievably good defense, and he still got snubbed off first team because he played on a mediocre team.

I think you're just making a big deal out of nothign tbh, he doesn't need to score to impact the team in a huge way.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 09:45 PM
They don't need scoring. They'd have enough. What they need is just what Iguodala brings to the table. All NBA calibre wing defense, veteran presence with post season experience, a facilitator and someone who fits well within that team's offense. He'd possibly find his niche by being a 3rd option instead of a first.

100 percent accurate. A couple weeks ago when Blake was asked what the team needs most he said a great all around player who can do a bit of everything and just fit in. Guess who fits that bill perfectly? Iggy. Remember with Mo Williams on the team we don't have a top notch distributor. On the Clippers Iggy would probably be our primary playmaker. He's great at getting guys involved.

phoenix_bladen
06-20-2011, 09:46 PM
if clippers make this trade they will have a really bright future

also to note

they have minnesota's pick AND their own pick for next year

and i believe minny's pick is unprotected too!!!!!!

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 09:46 PM
What does it matter when you have two scorers in Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin?

Iggy's ideal numbers on the team would be 14, 7, 7 or so while shutting down the opposing teams best player.

Iggy's job isn't to score, it's to be the best perimeter defender in the NBA. Which he is..... (scroll down to see how he shut down EVERY star player in the league last season)
http://www.depressedfan.com/basketball/sixers/iguodalas-victim-list.php

...That is unbelievably good defense, and he still got snubbed off first team because he played on a mediocre team.

I think you're just making a big deal out of nothign tbh, he doesn't need to score to impact the team in a huge way.

Fixed

DoJoTheSlasher
06-20-2011, 09:50 PM
I think if they get Speights, he will be a good one too. Solid backup to Blake.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 09:51 PM
if clippers make this trade they will have a really bright future

also to note

they have minnesota's pick AND their own pick for next year

and i believe minny's pick is unprotected too!!!!!!

Minny pick next year IS indeed unprotected in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory.

Swashcuff
100 percent accurate. A couple weeks ago when Blake was asked what the team needs most he said a great all around player who can do a bit of everything and just fit in. Guess who fits that bill perfectly? Iggy. Remember with Mo Williams on the team we don't have a top notch distributor. On the Clippers Iggy would probably be our primary playmaker. He's great at getting guys involved.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595508

This was a thread discussing his amazing passing efficiency. On a young team such as the Clips with a PG like Mo that is precisely what you'd require.

THE GIPPER
if this happens clips are a playoff team

nimazahir
06-20-2011, 09:52 PM
this would lock up the clippers in cap space for years. i dont like the move 2 much b/c they cant get cp3, dwill, or dwight if they do this.
not bad for the clips in short term, but in the long term they should wait and sign a star.

this helps the sixers a lot b/c it will open up their cap space

phoenix_bladen
06-20-2011, 09:53 PM
Minny pick next year IS indeed unprotected in one of the deepest drafts in recent memory.

hmm i just checked NBADraft.net not sure how true this site is but it seems that clippers might be owing celtics one of their 1st rounders

if that's the case the clippers still have a first rounder regardless

and that means more talent to surround an already pretty good looking team

future's definitely bright for the clippers........ finally!

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=595508

This was a thread discussing his amazing passing efficiency. On a young team such as the Clips with a PG like Mo that is precisely what you'd require.

Mo Williams staying outside for the spot up 3's... Eric Gordon doing same as well as slashing to the rim getting to the line. Iggy creating for the team... locking up the best players in the league. Blake Griffin dominating the glass and scoring at will in the post.. and with an improved jumper. DJ swatting and deterring shots every game and getting nasty lobs and tip jams.

I'm salivating :D

nimazahir
06-20-2011, 09:55 PM

but austin rivers, sullinger, barnes, and perry jones are all forwards. and we have a pf and if they get iggy then what is the point of going for rivers.
barnes is also a sg and we have eric gordon.

maybe use iggy as a backup sg and sf?

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 09:56 PM
hmm i just checked NBADraft.net not sure how true this site is but it seems that clippers might be owing celtics one of their 1st rounders

if that's the case the clippers still have a first rounder regardless

and that means more talent to surround an already pretty good looking team

future's definitely bright for the clippers........ finally!

Okay so the journey of our 2012 1st rounder :). Sent to the Thunder for Eric Bledsoe (GREAT trade by our GM)... and the Thunder sent it to Boston in the Kendrick Perkins trade. Thing is it's SUPER protected last I heard. Like lottery protected for 3-4 seasons or something crazy like that (I could be mistaken).

Swashcuff
this would lock up the clippers in cap space for years. i dont like the move 2 much b/c they cant get cp3, dwill, or dwight if they do this.
not bad for the clips in short term, but in the long term they should wait and sign a star.

this helps the sixers a lot b/c it will open up their cap space

Dwight, Cp3 and Deron is wishful thinking. Iguodala is reality. This would be smarter than waiting and hoping and nothing happens. What would be their position then.

Clippersfan86
but austin rivers, sullinger, barnes, and perry jones are all forwards. and we have a pf and if they get iggy then what is the point of going for rivers.
barnes is also a sg and we have eric gordon.

maybe use iggy as a backup sg and sf?

Austin Rivers is a PG................... Harrison Barnes is a SF.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 09:57 PM
Dwight, Cp3 and Deron is wishful thinking. Iguodala is reality. This would be smarter than waiting and hoping and nothing happens. What would be their position then.

Saw how that turned out when the Clippers went for Lebron :(. It's always better in sports to go for the good deal when you can.. rather than putting it all on a unsure, future deal. If we don't get Iggy and get burned in free agency this year or next.. we are all going to say man we should of gotten Iggy.

RaidersLakers24
06-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Lakers fans are already jumping ship. Smart move b/c Dumbass Mike Brown + Old Useless Kobe + Soft Heartbroken Pau = Ship Be Sinkin.

Great trade for the Clippers.

He never Said he was jumping ship he said he wouldn't mind seeing them play, since we laker fans can see both on tv! I watched the clippers alot last season does that mean I'm a clippers fan?? Ofcourse not

nimazahir
06-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Austin Rivers is a PG................... Harrison Barnes is a SF.

o rivers is a combo guard.
and if harrison is a sf they would already have iggy

nimazahir
06-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Saw how that turned out when the Clippers went for Lebron :(. It's always better in sports to go for the good deal when you can.. rather than putting it all on a unsure, future deal. If we don't get Iggy and get burned in free agency this year or next.. we are all going to say man we should of gotten Iggy.
we can trade for paul or dwight

eric b., kaman, aminu, minny 1st pick

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:03 PM
He never Said he was jumping ship he said he wouldn't mind seeing them play, since we laker fans can see both on tv! I watched the clippers alot last season does that mean I'm a clippers fan?? Ofcourse not

Even if you were.. is that wrong? It's not like being a Celtics/Lakers fan or something. I mean I root for the Lakers as a second team a lot of times... because I'm a born and raised LA guy who had both teams influence me greatly growing up. I don't think it has to be either or. Both teams give people a fix. One team is stable.. constantly winning... Other team is the little brother who's a fu** up but you believe in him that he can change and he's incredibly entertaining.

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 10:03 PM
I always root for teams like the Wolves, Blazers, Clippers, OKC etc. Teams who put it together through the draft and make little tweaks here and there to put themselves into contention. Can't help but root for the underdogs/ up and coming under-appreciated teams/players.

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2011, 10:08 PM
we can trade for paul or dwight

eric b., kaman, aminu, minny 1st pick

are you for real?

that's not even enough to get dwight's left nut. Deandre Jordan, Eric B, Aminu, Kaman and 2 future first just might get it done.

Dwight is the best C in the league.

DominanteForce
06-20-2011, 10:10 PM
iggy for kaman is a bad trade! why does philly want kaman in return they already have nough big men on roster. LA will be a playoff team next year if trade happens they have a pretty good solid young team

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 10:11 PM
iggy for kaman is a bad trade! why does philly want kaman in return they already have nough big men on roster. LA will be a playoff team next year if trade happens they have a pretty good solid young team

Read through the thread and see why.

Sixerlover
06-20-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm so upset.

VRP723
lol, not even trying with the usernames anymore.
just bash the keyboard and whatever comes out is it.

:laugh2:

nimazahir
are you for real?

that's not even enough to get dwight's left nut. Deandre Jordan, Eric B, Aminu, Kaman and 2 future first just might get it done.

Dwight is the best C in the league.

yea im for real.

the best offer for dwight so far is rumored to be bynum for dwight.
bynum is injury prone and has a huge contract.

sixer04fan
06-20-2011, 10:15 PM
I always root for teams like the Wolves, Blazers, Clippers, OKC etc. Teams who put it together through the draft and make little tweaks here and there to put themselves into contention. Can't help but root for the underdogs/ up and coming under-appreciated teams/players.

Agreed

LakersIn5
06-20-2011, 10:18 PM
doesnt matter clippers will never win a championship anyways

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:19 PM
doesnt matter clippers will never win a championship anyways

You sound a bit uneasy man. By the time you exit your state of denial the bandwagon will be full. ;)

SeoulBeatz
06-20-2011, 10:21 PM
yea im for real.

the best offer for dwight so far is rumored to be bynum for dwight.
bynum is injury prone and has a huge contract.

Well let me put it this way....

If you were trading Blake Griffin, would a package centered around Eric Bledsoe, Kaman, Aminu honestly be enough for you?

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:21 PM

If you were trading Blake Griffin, would a package centered around Eric Bledsoe, Kaman, Aminu honestly be enough for you?

To get Dwight Howard the package would have to be more like...

Eric Gordon, Aminu or Bledsoe+ 2012 Minny pick.

More-Than-Most
06-20-2011, 10:23 PM
get it done. Iggy gone makes me very happy. It gives the sixers future cap relief and the ability to grow Turner/Holiday.

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 10:24 PM
To get Dwight Howard the package would have to be more like...

Eric Gordon, Aminu or Bledsoe+ 2012 Minny pick.

You'd have to throw DJ in there if you could. Dwight is one of 3 Cs in the entire NBA who is not a health concern, as of right now Eric Gordon is. That in itself would mean you guys would have to give a bit more.

FriedTofuz
06-20-2011, 10:26 PM
New top team in L.A.

:laugh2: one addition, wouldnt turn their record upside down.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:27 PM
You'd have to throw DJ in there if you could. Dwight is one of 3 Cs in the entire NBA who is not a health concern, as of right now Eric Gordon is. That in itself would mean you guys would have to give a bit more.

Eric Gordon+DJ+Minny pick then. Either way they WILL want Eric for sure. DJ is too damn raw to be a heavy negotiating piece for Orlando.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:28 PM
:laugh2: one addition, wouldnt turn their record upside down.

That is a lie! In NBA 2K11 Kaman for Iggy made my Clippers franchise win 55 games first season... VDN won coach of year, Blake Griffin won MVP. That would be the dream season.

nimazahir
06-20-2011, 10:28 PM

i said minny's first pick 2. also add some more 1st rounders

RaidersLakers24
06-20-2011, 10:30 PM
Even if you were.. is that wrong? It's not like being a Celtics/Lakers fan or something. I mean I root for the Lakers as a second team a lot of times... because I'm a born and raised LA guy who had both teams influence me greatly growing up. I don't think it has to be either or. Both teams give people a fix. One team is stable.. constantly winning... Other team is the little brother who's a fu** up but you believe in him that he can change and he's incredibly entertaining.

I agree with you 100%

justin_6
06-20-2011, 10:32 PM
add bledsoe to that lineup and you have the most athletic starting 5 in league history. All the players supposedly have 38+ inch verts.. Super explosive, quick.. Strong. It would be such an athletic team... And even this year we were the most athletic team.

lmaooooo in league history , you should go back and look at other teams :p

RowanJournalist
06-20-2011, 10:32 PM
I just heard that the Monta Ellis for Iggy deal is back on the table. What to do what to do...

RowanJournalist
06-20-2011, 10:34 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles/is_the_ellis_iguodala_trade_back_on_again/5143822

proof.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:35 PM
I just heard that the Monta Ellis for Iggy deal is back on the table. What to do what to do...

Jerry West is being VERY firm right now and flat out said "Ellis WILL NOT be traded". I'm not saying it can't be a bluff.. but Jerry is a straight shooter... so I doubt it happens. I know he's just a big consultant but even Warriors GM is saying it's very unlikely he deals Ellis.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:36 PM

Find a more athletic starting 5 than us in NBA history with Iggy and Bledsoe as our starting PG and I'll give you mad props.

RowanJournalist
06-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Jerry West is being VERY firm right now and flat out said "Ellis WILL NOT be traded". I'm not saying it can't be a bluff.. but Jerry is a straight shooter... so I doubt it happens.

A while back I talked about Jerry West hinting at trading Monta Ellis. Well there are no longer hints being thrown around. The Warriors have basically made a statement saying they will be trading Monta Ellis. Unless Monta Ellis is vacationing on a desert island and forgot his cell phone at home he knows all about this. If you are Monta Ellis is there anyway you play for the Golden State Warriors next year after being shopped around like this? No.
I don’t mean any of this in a bad way but the Warriors have made it perfectly clear that Stephen Curry is their future, not Monta Ellis. I’m sure Ellis isn’t happy about being pushed aside but hey he will get to play for someone that wants him and probably has a better playoff track record than the Warriors. The Warriors get to explore another direction with a new captain and Ellis gets a fresh start with a new team. I think this is a win for everyone involved.
Like I was saying though, there is no way Ellis can play for the Warriors next season. This means the Warriors will have to make a trade. I hope all these rumors about good players being offered in a swap are real. If not the Warriors will have to just make the best trade possible. Now if it were the old Warriors I would be a little worried about this scenario but with Jerry West in the front office I feel like they did their homework first.
Either way Monta Ellis is gone. I can’t wait to see where he ends up and who the Warriors get in return.

tredigs
06-20-2011, 10:40 PM

Eh I don't know - he might be right. I can't think of a more athletic PF/C combo than Blake and Jordan off the top of my head (not in the league now, I mean ever). Eric Gordon could make a case for most athletic SG currently, and now they may be throwing in Iggy? That's a tornado of elite and/or transcendent athletes, and all of them can play. Scary.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:40 PM
A while back I talked about Jerry West hinting at trading Monta Ellis. Well there are no longer hints being thrown around. The Warriors have basically made a statement saying they will be trading Monta Ellis. Unless Monta Ellis is vacationing on a desert island and forgot his cell phone at home he knows all about this. If you are Monta Ellis is there anyway you play for the Golden State Warriors next year after being shopped around like this? No.
I don’t mean any of this in a bad way but the Warriors have made it perfectly clear that Stephen Curry is their future, not Monta Ellis. I’m sure Ellis isn’t happy about being pushed aside but hey he will get to play for someone that wants him and probably has a better playoff track record than the Warriors. The Warriors get to explore another direction with a new captain and Ellis gets a fresh start with a new team. I think this is a win for everyone involved.
Like I was saying though, there is no way Ellis can play for the Warriors next season. This means the Warriors will have to make a trade. I hope all these rumors about good players being offered in a swap are real. If not the Warriors will have to just make the best trade possible. Now if it were the old Warriors I would be a little worried about this scenario but with Jerry West in the front office I feel like they did their homework first.
Either way Monta Ellis is gone. I can’t wait to see where he ends up and who the Warriors get in return.

Well according to at least 2-3 sources from today.. The Clippers offer is at the top of Philly's list. Let's hope these sources are right and the Clippers get him, not the Warriors. It also helps that Iguodala told people that he LOVES idea of playing on the Clippers. I'm sure he knows we are 1-2 pieces away from being legit contenders. Warriors are a lot further away from going deep into the playoffs than the Clippers despite them getting 4 more wins than us last season.

5ass
06-20-2011, 10:42 PM

4 sure down the line they will become contenders. Ive said it before a million times, griffin will become the best pf in the league very soon, u cant not eventually become contenders, but im talking dynasty, multiple championships who knows maybe 3-4 and contenders for a rlly long time. Who knows how good miami and ny are gonna be in a few seasons when they actually put their **** together.

RowanJournalist
06-20-2011, 10:42 PM
Who knows.. I've heard a lot of good and bad things about Ellis. We'll see what happens.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Eh I don't know - he might be right. I can't think of a more athletic PF/C combo than Blake and Jordan. Eric Gordon could make a case for most athletic SG, and now they may be throwing in Iggy? That's a tornado of elite and/or transcendent athletes, and all of them can play. Scary.

Iggy is possibly the best SF athletically.. especially with Lebron's athletic decline.

Eric Bledsoe (who is part of the squad I mentioned) is up there as the most athletic PG in the game. He matched Westbrook in their head to heads when it came to athleticism, quickness.

Eric Gordon is an elite, underrated athlete who's incredibly powerful and has great leaping ability, quickness.

Blake Griffin is in the discussion for most athletic big in NBA history already.

DeAndre is one of the most freakishly athletic 7 footers the league has ever seen.

Why would this be farfetched?

Sixerlover
06-20-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm so upset.

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Iggy is possibly the best SF athletically.. especially with Lebron's athletic decline.

Eric Bledsoe (who is part of the squad I mentioned) is up there as the most athletic PG in the game. He matched Westbrook in their head to heads when it came to athleticism, quickness.

Eric Gordon is an elite, underrated athlete who's incredibly powerful and has great leaping ability, quickness.

Blake Griffin is in the discussion for most athletic big in NBA history already.

DeAndre is one of the most freakishly athletic 7 footers the league has ever seen.

:confused:

Could you please explain that?

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:49 PM
4 sure down the line they will become contenders. Ive said it before a million times, griffin will become the best pf in the league very soon, u cant not eventually become contenders, but im talking dynasty, multiple championships who knows maybe 3-4 and contenders for a rlly long time. Who knows how good miami and ny are gonna be in a few seasons when they actually put their **** together.

I agree but we can be a 1999-2005 Spurs borderline dynasty. Where we are always contending in the deep playoffs, win a couple rings and have great balance in the lineup. Blake Griffin has top 20 of all time potential IF he stays healthy. I know that sounds absurd or homerish... but rookies of his caliber don't just fall off. They become champions.. or at least contenders. I think Blake can not only be the best PF in a couple season but the best player and an MVP winner within a couple seasons. He's got a chance to be a Lebron James of his position. Where he's an incredibly good ALL AROUND talent who fills the stat sheet in many ways.

After Lebron.. Blake had the 2nd most 7+ assist games for frontcourt players and he was a ROOKIE. That Chris Webber level passing/court vision is so rare for a rookie big.

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 10:50 PM
I'm so upset.

You are not alone. But hey things could be worst.

Sadds The Gr8
Eh I don't know - he might be right. I can't think of a more athletic PF/C combo than Blake and Jordan off the top of my head (not in the league now, I mean ever). Eric Gordon could make a case for most athletic SG currently, and now they may be throwing in Iggy? That's a tornado of elite and/or transcendent athletes, and all of them can play. Scary.

Eric Bledsoe is fast as **** too.

tredigs

He's not close to Lebron's athleticism - and Lebron's "decline"? He's in his max-prime dude - younger than Iggy.

But in other news, I was agreeing with YOU, not him. Did you quote the wrong person?

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:51 PM

Still elite.. but due to his noticeable added bulk... you can tell he's slower and doesn't get up as much. I mean he had trouble in the playoffs getting by guys like Kidd, Terry, Marion, Deng etc... guys he would of murdered when he was the 240 pound, 21 year old Lebron we all remember.

I'm not trying to imply he fell off completely but I'd say Iggy at this point is the more agile, all around better athlete than Lebron.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:52 PM
He's not close to Lebron's athleticism - and Lebron's "decline"? He's in his max-prime dude - younger than Iggy.

But in other news, I was agreeing with YOU, not him. Did you quote the wrong person?

Yea my bad... I meant to quote him.

tredigs
06-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Not holding my breath on Iggy for Monta, but despite Riley's comments, I think Monta's run in GS is coming to an end very soon.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-06-20/warriors-gm-larry-riley-no-monta-ellis-deal-coming

As he has done consistently over the past month, Warriors general manager Larry Riley is standing by the assertion that he fully expects guard Monta Ellis to be with the team when it breaks training camp next season. In a press conference about the upcoming NBA draft, Riley said, “It's very likely that he will not be traded on draft night or even through the summer.”

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-06-20/warriors-gm-larry-riley-no-monta-ellis-deal-coming#ixzz1PsKPxtpx

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Still elite.. but due to his noticeable added bulk... you can tell he's slower and doesn't get up as much. I mean he had trouble in the playoffs getting by guys like Kidd, Terry, Marion, Deng etc... guys he would of murdered when he was the 240 pound, 21 year old Lebron we all remember.

I'm not trying to imply he fell off completely but I'd said Iggy at this point is the more agile, all around better athlete than Lebron.

I disagree. I don't think LeBron's problem was a physical one it was more so mental than anything else. He is still quicker, stronger (by a lot) and more agile than Iggy IMO.

FriedTofuz
06-20-2011, 10:56 PM
That is a lie! In NBA 2K11 Kaman for Iggy made my Clippers franchise win 55 games first season... VDN won coach of year, Blake Griffin won MVP. That would be the dream season.

This isnt a game. If you can control your players well, you can win 60 games with the cleveland cavaliers.

sventhedog
06-20-2011, 10:56 PM
i know iguodala is a good player but he is clearly overpaid.

RowanJournalist
06-20-2011, 10:58 PM

Exactly. Enough written.

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 10:58 PM

Very true which is the reason why the 76ers would even consider this trade much less have reason to trade Iggy.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 10:59 PM
This isnt a game. If you can control your players well, you can win 60 games with the cleveland cavaliers.

I was being sarcastic :p

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:01 PM
I disagree. I don't think LeBron's problem was a physical one it was more so mental than anything else. He is still quicker, stronger (by a lot) and more agile than Iggy IMO.

I agree with you most of his problem was mental. I've watched Lebron's entire career though and just from the eye test he's noticeably slower and doesn't get up as high or as often. Once in a while he shows flashes but he HAS athletically declined.

I was a HUGE Lebron fan pre "Decision" and Heat player... so I watched him 24/7 along with the Clippers. You watch him play now compared to young Cavs Lebron and the way he plays.. as well as his athleticism.. has changed.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Lebron went from 240 as a rookie to a reported 270 ish right now weight wise. Not to mention for his age.. he has some serious NBA mileage on his body. His first step went from being unstoppable to sluggish as hell.

RowanJournalist
06-20-2011, 11:05 PM
I know LAC fan's don't want to hear this, but Iguodala is one of the most frustrating players to watch. He's better than Kaman but you'll verbally abuse your TV more than once if a deal is made.

Swashcuff
06-20-2011, 11:06 PM
I agree with you most of his problem was mental. I've watched Lebron's entire career though and just from the eye test he's noticeably slower and doesn't get up as high or as often. Once in a while he shows flashes but he HAS athletically declined.

I was a HUGE Lebron fan pre "Decision" and Heat player... so I watched him 24/7 along with the Clippers. You watch him play now compared to young Cavs Lebron and the way he plays.. as well as his athleticism.. has changed.

I'm sorry but I really don't see what you are talking about. He still has the same exact lateral quickness, he's the strongest man in the league at the SF position, from end to end he's quicker than damn near every PG in the entire NBA. As a matter of a fact IMO LeBron is just as impressive in terms of athletic ability as any time in his younger days.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:06 PM
I know LAC fan's don't want to hear this, but Iguodala is one of the most frustrating players to watch. He's better than Kaman but you'll verbally abuse your TV more than once if a deal is made.

Because of his poor shot selection at times? How come? (serious question BTW).

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:08 PM
I'm sorry but I really don't see what you are talking about. He still has the same exact lateral quickness, he's the strongest man in the league at the SF position, from end to end he's quicker than damn near every PG in the entire NBA. As a matter of a fact IMO LeBron is just as impressive in terms of athletic ability as any time in his younger days.

In a straight line.... he hasn't suffered. His strength has improved. His quickness.. as in movements on the court, first step.. and vertical leap have worsened just from my PERSONAL observation. I have no hard stats... I just have noticed it for sure from watching him enough. Just like I can't prove it.. but I can tell Blake is MORE athletic post knee surgery than he was in the 2009 Summer league or in college.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:14 PM
Swash no need for me to derail the thread though with Lebron talk. :cheers:. Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me... who knows. Either way... swap Lebron in for Iggy on my list and the Clippers still have IMO the most athletic starting 5 (with Bledsoe in) than any team ever in the NBA.

RowanJournalist
06-20-2011, 11:19 PM

He needs to attack the rim more. His rafter-grazing mid-range jumpers are unacceptable. His defense is unbelievable and that's what makes him an above-average player, but his O game is frustrating to watch.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:20 PM
He needs to attack the rim more. His rafter-grazing mid-range jumpers are unacceptable. His defense is unbelievable and that's what makes him an above-average player, but his O game is frustrating to watch.

Even completely wide open he still clanks his jumpers often?

D Roses Bulls
06-20-2011, 11:21 PM
I might be one of the only few on here that thinks this could be bad for the clippers, I'm not saying it will, but it could be bad. you take on a big contract with another 2 years after this year left, well his last year is a player option, but its almost 16 million and he'll be 30-31 by then so i expect him to not opt out and I mean gordan,griffin,williams, and now iggy? are there enough balls to go around? iggy was upset with turner getting shots, now iggy will be an automatic 3rd option now probably? I don't know if he'll accept that. on paper, it looks real nice, but we'll see.

bringinwood
06-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Looks like the Sixers are about to screw up another situation they can't afford to screw up....

Holy ****ing ****... ****ing Chris Kaman ???

I'd rather have Iguodala... Why are the 76ers not on the same wave length ???

What the hell are the Sixers thinking ???

Looks like they don't care if they set the organization back another 3 or 4 years...

djmc72
06-20-2011, 11:24 PM

Iggy takes poor shots a lot! I watch almost every game and have noticed that this happens more often when he is guarding the top small forwards and 2 guards in the league.

I believe the poor shot selection is due to fatigue. Late in games he will hardly ever attack the basket unless its on a fastbreak. He settles for fad away jumpers and weak 3 pt shots too often.

He might hold Kobe to 5 or 6 pts below his avg but his offensive game will suffer so much it hardly makes a difference, on the Sixers that is. for the Clips he is a very good fit imo. As long as he understands his role of shutdown defender you guys will love him.

the trouble comes into paradise when Iggy thinks he is "the man". I doubt he will be dilusional in an LA uniform with the roster you guys have. In Philly he was seen as the heir apparent to Iverson and his aloof persona and his limited offensive repertoire made that impossible

kobebabe
06-20-2011, 11:26 PM
That would really be a team to look out for. Very athletic. Aint Jordan a free agent though?

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:27 PM
I might be one of the only few on here that thinks this could be bad for the clippers, I'm not saying it will, but it could be bad. you take on a big contract with another 2 years after this year left, well his last year is a player option, but its almost 16 million and he'll be 30-31 by then so i expect him to not opt out and I mean gordan,griffin,williams, and now iggy? are there enough balls to go around? iggy was upset with turner getting shots, now iggy will be an automatic 3rd option now probably? I don't know if he'll accept that. on paper, it looks real nice, but we'll see.

Very good and valid points :clap:. Though Iggy already said last week that he "LOVES" idea of playing for Clippers. I doubt he will make an issue of it. Clippers were the must see team of this last NBA season and a lot of players admitted to following the Clips religiously. I'm almost positive Iggy knows our team and just loves the idea of being our defensive stopper and running the fastbreak with Gordon, DJ and Blake.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Iggy takes poor shots a lot! I watch almost every game and have noticed that this happens more often when he is guarding the top small forwards and 2 guards in the league.

I believe the poor shot selection is due to fatigue. Late in games he will hardly ever attack the basket unless its on a fastbreak. He settles for fad away jumpers and weak 3 pt shots too often.

He might hold Kobe to 5 or 6 pts below his avg but his offensive game will suffer so much it hardly makes a difference, on the Sixers that is. for the Clips he is a very good fit imo. As long as he understands his role of shutdown defender you guys will love him.

the trouble comes into paradise when Iggy thinks he is "the man". I doubt he will be dilusional in an LA uniform with the roster you guys have. In Philly he was seen as the heir apparent to Iverson and his aloof persona and his limited offensive repertoire made that impossible

Thank you for the info. I think Mo Williams has the same kind of issue in the sense that every few games he jacks a bunch of shots and wants to be a hero (like Baron Davis before him). I think like you said for the Clippers he knows coming in that we have 2 established, young, superstar caliber franchise players. I doubt he's going to try to steal the show. On the Sixers it seemed like you guys always had a different guy step up.. and no identity when it came to a go to guy.. so Iggy forced the issue a lot.

blastmasta26
06-20-2011, 11:31 PM
That would really be a team to look out for. Very athletic. Aint Jordan a free agent though?
Restricted I think.

bringinwood
Doug Collins system was get out and run in transition with a defense first mentality...

In theory, Iguodala should have been custom built for Collins' system...

However, he was still clanking bricks all season...

Clippersfan86

Clippers already gave him the qualifying offer for restricted free agency and our GM has already said he will match pretty much any deal. DJ has no interest in leaving the Clippers according to sources close to the team. Him and Blake are best friends like probably no other duo in the NBA. The two guys practically live together with as much as they hang out. They go to every event together.... and they hang out like 5 days a week at least. I mean they are like a freaking couple.

Blake's work ethic has really rubbed off on DJ and they compliment each other well.

D Roses Bulls
Very good and valid points :clap:. Though Iggy already said last week that he "LOVES" idea of playing for Clippers. I doubt he will make an issue of it. Clippers were the must see team of this last NBA season and a lot of players admitted to following the Clips religiously. I'm almost positive Iggy knows our team and just loves the idea of being our defensive stopper and running the fastbreak with Gordon, DJ and Blake.

yeah, he could change his attitude. who knows, people do grow up eventually. we'll see though. I hope it works out well for the clips.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:33 PM
yeah, he could change his attitude. who knows, people do grow up eventually. we'll see though. I hope it works out well for the clips.

Zach Randolph was considered WAY more of a "cancer" or headcase than Iggy and look how he's turned it around in Memphis? LA will love Iggy's hustle and defense. I think he's going to get so many wide open looks with the nonstop double/triple teams Blake gets that he's going to feel like the game is much easier. Maybe his shot will improve as a result of that?

D Roses Bulls
06-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Zach Randolph was considered WAY more of a "cancer" or headcase than Iggy and look how he's turned it around in Memphis? LA will love Iggy's hustle and defense. I think he's going to get so many wide open looks with the nonstop double/triple teams Blake gets that he's going to feel like the game is much easier. Maybe his shot will improve as a result of that?

that is true. that's what I mean, people do grow up. I think randolph knew he was gonna be out of the league if he didn't change. maybe iggy will sacrifice to win. some player do eventually.

RowanJournalist
06-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Even completely wide open he still clanks his jumpers often?

He is an average shooter. He takes far too many contested shots.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:43 PM
He is an average shooter. He takes far too many contested shots.

Yea but my reason for asking is because I'm sure he was rarely wide open on the Sixers... due to your lack of offensive weapons. I don't mean that in an offensive way but the Clippers have 2 guys who can drop 30 on any team. I think Iggy would be in heaven with all the wide open looks.

Cracka2HI!
06-20-2011, 11:45 PM
I think there are better moves the Clipps can make but I will happy if we trade for Iggy. I doubt we even have to give up Aminu. I even think we can get them to take Gomes. I would happier if we kept Kaman and signed Prince tho. That said Iggy is so much better than Kaman that I'll be happy if we do this deal. I just hope Iggy fits here.

RowanJournalist
06-20-2011, 11:45 PM
Even more frustrating is his FT%. It's not horrible, but it's annoyingly inconvenient.

bringinwood
06-20-2011, 11:49 PM
If this puts us in the lottery, i'd be happier than finishing as a 6-8th seed and getting bounced in this 1st round...

At least we have a shot at getting a top 10 draft pick...

llemon
06-20-2011, 11:50 PM
History has already proven whas gonna happen HE IS INJURY PRONE...he is too slow and too old for our offensive chemistry...he is gonna **** our style of play up!!!

Listen, health is health. Anything can happen.

But is a legitimate productive Center when he's healthy.

Sixers really have to get rid of Igloo.

And Kaman is an expiring contract.

New CBA notwithstanding, Kaman might look VERY attractive to a contending team (if Kaman doesn't make Sixers a contender) as the trade deadline approaches.

I won't address the 'our style of play' comment.

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:51 PM
If this puts us in the lottery, i'd be happier than finishing as a 6-8th seed and getting bounced in this 1st round...

At least we have a shot at getting a top 10 draft pick...

Uh... You need to change your mindset Clippers fan. That's the old way of thinking. The players including Blake and EJ have said we need to get to the playoffs now and at least see what we can do. Aiming for the lottery is such backwards thinking in pro sports. Move forwards, not backwards. If you want us to lose Blake Griffin and or EJ... then yea that's the right attitude.

Every team pays their dues. You don't go from not making the playoffs to making the NBA finals. You go from heartbreak in the first round.. to advancing deeper next season etc.

bringinwood
06-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Uh... You need to change your mindset Clippers fan. That's the old way of thinking. The players including Blake and EJ have said we need to get to the playoffs now and at least see what we can do. Aiming for the lottery is such backwards thinking in pro sports. Move forwards, not backwards. If you want us to lose Blake Griffin and or EJ... then yea that's the right attitude.

Every team pays their dues. You don't go from not making the playoffs to making the NBA finals. You go from heartbreak in the first round.. to advancing deeper next season etc.

I'm not a Clippers fan, i'm a sixers fan...

A realistic one at that...

Clippersfan86
06-20-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm not a Clippers fan, i'm a sixers fan...

A realistic one at that...

Okay my bad. Way you worded it... I thought you were a Clippers fan. For any team... I think it's a bad mentality to prefer lottery over 1st round playoff exit. You may get lucky and your team may surprise you by advancing. I can understand wishing your team would tank if you're barely missing the playoffs but 6-8 seed consistently booted in first round>>> no playoffs.

Cracka2HI!
06-21-2011, 12:07 AM
I think this will happen but I think the Sixers need it more than the Clippers. Prince, Battier, JR Smith, VC ect are available in FA. Plus we would keep Kaman. I think the deal will be;

Kaman and Gomes for Igudala and Speights.

drobe86
06-21-2011, 12:08 AM
If Iggy goes to LA. The Clips would be one player away from getting to the playoffs. And thats assuming the trade is straight up Iggy for Kaman... But they will be the best team in LA...

bringinwood
06-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Okay my bad. Way you worded it... I thought you were a Clippers fan. For any team... I think it's a bad mentality to prefer lottery over 1st round playoff exit. You may get lucky and your team may surprise you by advancing. I can understand wishing your team would tank if you're barely missing the playoffs but 6-8 seed consistently booted in first round>>> no playoffs.

Miami Heat
Chicago Bulls
Boston Celtics
NY Knicks
NJ Nets
Orlando Magic ( Dwight Howard of course )
Atlanta Hawks

The Sixers don't have a whole lot of room for mistakes with them facing these teams...

To trade him for Kaman is a terrible mistake...

Give him up for someone who will be on the court more than half a season...

You are, essentially, giving him away for the possibility Kaman will regain his all star form... We all know it's not going to happen...

Chronz
06-21-2011, 12:13 AM

Coincidentally Iggy was the first player to call it out, hes noticeably less explosive off his triple threat stance.

SeoulBeatz
06-21-2011, 12:14 AM
that is true. that's what I mean, people do grow up. I think randolph knew he was gonna be out of the league if he didn't change. maybe iggy will sacrifice to win. some player do eventually.

huh?

IGGY IS NOT SELFISH.

Sorry but too many fans think this guy has an ego and kills team chemistry.

He passed the ball more (per touch) than any non-pg in the league. (He passes the pall almost 70% of the time he touches it, while guys like D Wade do so around 30-40%

Meaning he was THE most unselfish player in the league at his position.

The guy shoots inconsistently and was forced to take bad shots on a Philly team without a go-to guy, but he is in no way selfish, nor does he have a poor attitude.

He never smiles, but he players harder on D than anyone in the league.

Chronz
06-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Its noticeable bro, hes never had a quick first step but he used to be alot lighter on his feet. There have been comments made by other analyst suggesting he shed some weight and regain some of that burst, or utilizes that added strength in the post.

Clippersfan86
06-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Miami Heat
Chicago Bulls
Boston Celtics
NY Knicks
NJ Nets
Orlando Magic ( Dwight Howard of course )
Atlanta Hawks

The Sixers don't have a whole lot of room for mistakes with them facing these teams...

To trade him for Kaman is a terrible mistake...

Give him up for someone who will be on the court more than half a season...

You are, essentially, giving him away for the possibility Kaman will regain his all star form... We all know it's not going to happen...

Who are you trying to fool? The east is INCREDIBLY weak compared to the west top to bottom. Very top heavy. Not to mention you guys played the Heat very tough and it could have easily been a 7 game series. I think you're selling your team short man. BTW lol on Jets.

Clippersfan86
06-21-2011, 12:34 AM
NBA official on the trade...

“If you give me a choice between Tony Battie, Spencer Hawes and Kaman, I’ll take Kaman in a heartbeat,” the source said. “Kaman’s a skilled offensive player, and a better-than-average shot-blocker. He can command a double-team and hit the face-up jumper. He can put it on the floor a little bit.”

SeoulBeatz
06-21-2011, 12:44 AM
NBA official on the trade...

“If you give me a choice between Tony Battie, Spencer Hawes and Kaman, I’ll take Kaman in a heartbeat,” the source said. “Kaman’s a skilled offensive player, and a better-than-average shot-blocker. He can command a double-team and hit the face-up jumper. He can put it on the floor a little bit.”

God damnit that doesn't make the trade any better... :confused:

If you gave me a choice between Tony Battie, Spencer Hawes, and a bag of dog ****, I'll take the bag of dog ****".

See, it applies to everything!

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 12:48 AM

If you gave me a choice between Tony Battie, Spencer Hawes, and a bag of dog ****, I'll take the bag of dog ****".

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh: :laugh:

RowanJournalist
06-21-2011, 12:50 AM
The deal would be good for the Sixers but better for the Clippers. If the 76ers front office never signed Iggy to this massive deal, we'd be talking about something else right now.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2011, 12:56 AM

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Man I made a pig noise when I Loled from this

RowanJournalist
06-21-2011, 01:04 AM
"Source: Iguodala and Ellis deal is done."

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/source_iguodala_and_ellis_deal_is_done/5143138

RowanJournalist
06-21-2011, 01:06 AM
I don't know if I believe it yet.

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 01:07 AM

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/source_iguodala_and_ellis_deal_is_done/5143138

9 hours ago?

JDink24
06-21-2011, 01:08 AM

It says "pending final decision from Rod Thorn."

That means the balls in the Sixers court not that the deal is done.

RowanJournalist
06-21-2011, 01:08 AM
9 hours ago?

It just got posted on the Sixers forum. I don't believe it yet...

RowanJournalist
06-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Misleading title, Yardbarker...

Napalm
06-21-2011, 01:10 AM
if this deal goes through, who do the clipps sign in free agency with there 12-14 mill in capspace?

tredigs
06-21-2011, 01:15 AM
Concerning the Monta for Ellis trade, that site is the farthest thing from reputable.

Follow their "sources" and it traces back to this tweet from nbadraft.net. http://twitter.com/#!/nbadraftnet/status/82846652754440192

The deal is FAR from finalized, and the Warriors front office flat out said they do not expect any deal for Monta this summer (they said this today). I Linked it a couple pages ago.

RowanJournalist
06-21-2011, 01:18 AM
The media is so confusing. Only god knows why the hell I'm a part of it.

NetsPaint
06-21-2011, 01:18 AM
Don't know if people have said it in this thread, but as far as the first page of this thread...people are underrating this team. They'd be more than a Playoff team. They could be title contenders. That starting five is ridiculous, and the individual monster Blake would be getting a monster of a team early in his career.

And.....Blake/Iguodala/Jordan's dunk fest..........oh man.

Don't really like this for the Sixers though. Doesn't Doug Collins want this team to run? Where does Kaman come in here? He could change up the style though.

Iguadala is fast, is a very good passer, is a top-notch defender, AND he cut down his shots per game right? Don't know if this is a good deal, it's not like he's TERRIBLE at shooting where defenders back away from him.

More-Than-Most
06-21-2011, 01:31 AM
I prefer Ellis only because we need the scorer and it would make us very exciting

believeinNYK
06-21-2011, 01:37 AM
Don't know if people have said it in this thread, but as far as the first page of this thread...people are underrating this team. They'd be more than a Playoff team. They could be title contenders. That starting five is ridiculous, and the individual monster Blake would be getting a monster of a team early in his career.

And.....Blake/Iguodala/Jordan's dunk fest..........oh man.

Don't really like this for the Sixers though. Doesn't Doug Collins want this team to run? Where does Kaman come in here? He could change up the style though.

Iguadala is fast, is a very good passer, is a top-notch defender, AND he cut down his shots per game right? Don't know if this is a good deal, it's not like he's TERRIBLE at shooting where defenders back away from him.

I think you're overrating them, the clippers were far from making the playoffs last year with basically the same squad, swapping kaman for iguodala isn't gonna add 30 wins and make them instant contenders, but i do think they can compete for the 7/8 seed and that's a good start for them

NetsPaint
06-21-2011, 01:39 AM
I think you're overrating them, the clippers were far from making the playoffs last year with basically the same squad, swapping kaman for iguodala isn't gonna add 30 wins and make them instant contenders, but i do think they can compete for the 7/8 seed and that's a good start for them
Take in consideration they were winning a bunch of games then Eric Gordan got injured and was out for a while.

Also people say Eric Bledsoe has a bright future as a PG, so that'd be great for their bench, or if my friend is right, he could/should start.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-21-2011, 01:54 AM

why? 3/4 of ur teams are playoff contenders for years to come...? :shrug:
1.Phillies- STUD 1-5 in the rotation, and stacked 1-9 in lineup
2. Flyers are always contenders
3. Eagles are good so long as they sign D~Jax
4. 76ers, well... :confused:

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-21-2011, 02:06 AM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=43f6pmm
:confused: :rolleyes: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :rolleyes: :confused:
IDK much about the Clips BUUUTTTT
PG-Mo Williams
SG-E.Gordon
SF-Rudy Gay? if you get him in a trade, or iggy in the trade being rumored
PF-Reel Deel (Blake Griffin)
C- You have a number of options you could get in Free Agency.
1.Marc Gasol
2.Nene Hilario
3.Tyson Chandler
Bench:
Greg Oden? probably cheap?
deandre jordan resign?

The Final Boss
06-21-2011, 02:07 AM
A scrub for a scrub...

JDink24
06-21-2011, 02:11 AM
why? 3/4 of ur teams are playoff contenders for years to come...? :shrug:
1.Phillies- STUD 1-5 in the rotation, and stacked 1-9 in lineup
2. Flyers are always contenders
3. Eagles are good so long as they sign D~Jax
4. 76ers, well... :confused:

I guess. :rolleyes:

gaughan333
06-21-2011, 02:25 AM
I hate watching blake griffen, (through no fault of his own, announcers suck his dick just pisses me off) but if this happens I will definitely catch some clippers games when/if the season happens.

Clippersfan86
06-21-2011, 02:30 AM
I hate watching blake griffen, (through no fault of his own, announcers suck his dick just pisses me off) but if this happens I will definitely catch some clippers games when/if the season happens.

Ralph Lawler is very respected around the league and often times considered the 2nd best NBA broadcaster ever after Chick Hearn. He's been doing a superb job for 31 years and deserves a hell of a lot more respect than you're giving him. They are one of the most unbiased crews in the league. Hell some games I wish they would shut up because they spend half their broadcast complimenting the other team. I watch most my games on streams so I heard every single other broadcaster on our road games and Ralph and Mike are IMO the best and at worst top 3. Like the Cavs, Knicks and a couple other crews stood out as MAJOR homer crews to me. Constantly crying about calls etc.... Ralph and Mike never do that.

Napalm
06-21-2011, 02:37 AM
with the roster of deandre ???
griffin ???
iduodola aminu/gomes
gordon foye
mo bledsoe
with the 13mill in capspace i would try split it up for bench depth 6.5mill for a backup pf/c maybe someone like carl landry, and with the other 6.5mill going to a backup 2/3 combo player like jason richardson, shane battier, jr.smith, grant hill,vince cater, or t-mac

Clippersfan86
06-21-2011, 02:41 AM
"Sam Amick: As a sidenote, a source with knowledge of GS & Philly talks says the two sides haven't discussed the Monta-Iguodala deal since early June".

This is unfortunately the problem with trade rumors and "sources". Change things around every couple hours.. then BAM a big trade happens. I won't let it excite me too much.. but I'll remain optimistic that tomorrow or the next day.. I wake up to find Iguodala is a Clipper.

Napalm
06-21-2011, 02:55 AM
clippersfan86- through the report it sounds like philly wants it done before they draft on thurs.

Clippersfan86
06-21-2011, 02:59 AM
clippersfan86- through the report it sounds like philly wants it done before they draft on thurs.

Yes but they may hold till a few picks before theirs.. so they can see who falls behind that they like ETC. That may determine where they send Iggy. I have a REALLY good feeling about this.

Napalm
06-21-2011, 03:05 AM
i dont think a second round pick is gonna hold philly back from the deal. getting kaman changes there needs from big man to shooting guard

Clippersfan86
06-21-2011, 03:14 AM
i dont think a second round pick is gonna hold philly back from the deal. getting kaman changes there needs from big man to shooting guard

Sure but if it guarantees the deal give them our damn 2nd rounders. Chances of us finding another diamond in the rough 2nd rounder like DJ is slim as it gets. I think we need to secure this deal now before they have too many second thoughts and get cold feet.

mohye
06-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Why does everyone have a hard time understanding that the 76ers are doing this trade to save money and its not because they think Kaman is this great center... you people dont understand everything behind the trade.. btw i think its a great trade for both teams..it gives the 76ers cap relief that is much needed and gives the clippers a solid 3 which is also much needed..

NetsPaint
06-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Ralph Lawler is very respected around the league and often times considered the 2nd best NBA broadcaster ever after Chick Hearn. He's been doing a superb job for 31 years and deserves a hell of a lot more respect than you're giving him. They are one of the most unbiased crews in the league. Hell some games I wish they would shut up because they spend half their broadcast complimenting the other team. I watch most my games on streams so I heard every single other broadcaster on our road games and Ralph and Mike are IMO the best and at worst top 3. Like the Cavs, Knicks and a couple other crews stood out as MAJOR homer crews to me. Constantly crying about calls etc.... Ralph and Mike never do that.
You really think the Knicks commentators are biased? They're not. The only one who sometimes is Kelly Tripucka, and he doesn't do games much, mainly pre-games, half-time, and post-games. Frazier, Breen, Kenny Albert, etc. are mostly unbiased.

The Cavs are, but they're funny with their biased commentary at least.

The biased ones that bother me are the Chicago and Boston ones. I think Atlanta might have at least one commentator like that too.

LA_Raiders
06-21-2011, 03:20 AM
Iggy for trash? way to go 76ers thats why you guys never make it far...

Clippersfan86
06-21-2011, 03:20 AM
You really think the Knicks commentators are biased? They're not. The only one who sometimes is Kelly Tripucka, and he doesn't do games much, mainly pre-games, half-time, and post-games. Frazier, Breen, Kenny Albert, etc. are mostly unbiased.

The Cavs are, but they're funny with their biased commentary at least.

The biased ones that bother me are the Chicago and Boston ones. I think Atlanta might have at least one commentator like that too.

I think it may have been Kelly actually! Now that you mention his name. I agree Celtics were top 3 worst I forgot about. Jesus Christ those guys cry as if they are average joe, homer fans. So many tears when the Clippers smacked Boston up in the garden in March or April. I was cracking up whole time. DeAndre ***** slapped the Celtics and was dunking all over everyone and the Celtics guy was whining about how Krystic should of been getting more calls.

I don't quite remember the Chicago ones.

Napalm
06-21-2011, 03:24 AM
i agree clippersfan 86. hell, give em both our 2nd rounders and a photo of donald sterling heckling kaman," kaman do you even know to dunk? mr. flippy strikes again.lol

Clippersfan86
06-21-2011, 03:32 AM
i agree clippersfan 86. hell, give em both our 2nd rounders and a photo of donald sterling heckling kaman," kaman do you even know to dunk? mr. flippy strikes again.lol

:clap: lol

Napalm
06-21-2011, 03:40 AM
clippersfan86, if we get iggy,how would u spend the 13 mill in capspace on in FA? assuming we go over the cap and sign deandre??

ragee
06-21-2011, 03:45 AM
Oh I agree man but don't forget we have Bledsoe too. A super promising, high potential 21 year old PG. Mo Williams won't be the primary ballhandler... Iggy and Gordon would. Mo is basically there to spread the floor with his shooting and be a leader on the court.

I think Rubio is going to be solid but to predict him taking the Wolves out of the lottery right away is a pretty big stretch you have to admit.

I hate Williams and really like the Clips so I am really hoping Bedsoe can be the player you guys hope him to be... I hope you guys can really get Iggy...

With regard to the Wolves, you are right... It is going to be tough take them to the playoffs right away... They have nice pieces already though... They also have the number 2 pick... We'll see... Many predicted my Mavs would lose in the first round but ended up winning it all this year... Anything could happen... :D

Napalm
06-21-2011, 03:58 AM
bledsoe is strong as an ox! his passing and shooting will get better, but the guy out rebounds other teams forwards and centers, he's a hustle player. and his blocking ability is really sick. check utube bledsoe blocks lebron, bledsoe got huge upside IMO!

Clippersfan86
06-21-2011, 04:15 AM
bledsoe is strong as an ox! his passing and shooting will get better, but the guy out rebounds other teams forwards and centers, he's a hustle player. and his blocking ability is really sick. check utube bledsoe blocks lebron, bledsoe got huge upside IMO!

Bledsoe has the chance to be the Dwyane Wade of shotblocking. Where for his size he's an elite shotblocker. He had a few games of 2 blocks. He also is great at racking up steals and his playmaking/ballhandling/turnovers all improved a ton from summer league to end of season.

Tony Parker/Rondo hybrid type PG at absolute best. Drive and kick... quick... excellent defender.

JDMVP
06-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Man if this trade is official then WOW, finally the clippers are getting there break. A line up
of
Deandre Jordan
Blake Griffin
Iggy
E.Gordon
Mo

thats a playoff line up right there, WOW, im really happy for the CLIPS.

Heediot
06-21-2011, 08:00 AM

Wow if they didnt make the trade and had the 1st overall cleveland acquired via trade. That team would be ridiculous with talent.

Irving/B. Davis
E. Gordon
Iggy
Blake
D. Jordan

PHX2daDEATH
06-21-2011, 08:17 AM
Another west team moves up.. I wanna throw my lap-top right now....

ttam68
06-21-2011, 08:22 AM
"Lab-top"?

PHX2daDEATH
06-21-2011, 08:53 AM
"Lab-top"?

typo i was fuming with anger when i wrote that ..

sixer04fan
06-21-2011, 09:29 AM
Why does everyone have a hard time understanding that the 76ers are doing this trade to save money and its not because they think Kaman is this great center... you people dont understand everything behind the trade.. btw i think its a great trade for both teams..it gives the 76ers cap relief that is much needed and gives the clippers a solid 3 which is also much needed..

In the past, most Sixers fans would have been happy with an Iguodala trade as a salary dump. However, Iguodala's value is much higher now, and looking at his contract now in comparison to players of similar rank, he's not that overpaid. At this point, we're looking for more than Kaman if we're going to trade Iggy, his value is high enough to warrant that.

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 09:34 AM
In the past, most Sixers fans would have been happy with an Iguodala trade as a salary dump. However, Iguodala's value is much higher now, and looking at his contract now in comparison to players of similar rank, he's not that overpaid. At this point, we're looking for more than Kaman if we're going to trade Iggy, his value is high enough to warrant that.

Precisely!!!

Knickrocketsfan
06-21-2011, 09:45 AM

I LOVE when people bring in advanced stats. Yea like stats tell the whole story:rolleyes:

Sadds The Gr8
06-21-2011, 09:55 AM
I LOVE when people bring in advanced stats. Yea like stats tell the whole story:rolleyes:

so Kaman isn't an inefficient chucker/ball-hog then? I'd rather look at advanced stats than trust someone who probably hasn't even watched 5 Kaman games.

Swashcuff
06-21-2011, 10:02 AM

I agree that stats don't tell the whole story but tell me this. What does?

Ragan
06-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Iggy for trash? way to go 76ers thats why you guys never make it far...

If the Sixers make a trade with the Clips and Minnys 2012 pick isn't involved I'm going to flip 3 sh1ts. Why even hold out on trading him for this long if you're just going to eventually flip him in a garbage salary dump anyway?

Hopefully these rumors are all untrue. Honestly, the Sixers are in the middle of a sale right now anyway, and I'd be surprised if the new ownership wants their first move to be trading their best player for an unathletic bum who will be gone in a year. Unless they seriously think they can lure Paul, Williams, or Howard, which they almost certainly can not.

I love Iggy though and will cheer him on wherever he goes, and yes, he would be a PERFECT fit on the Clips.

FNM BOY
06-21-2011, 12:07 PM
If the Sixers make a trade with the Clips and Minnys 2012 pick isn't involved I'm going to flip 3 sh1ts. Why even hold out on trading him for this long if you're just going to eventually flip him in a garbage salary dump anyway?

Hopefully these rumors are all untrue. Honestly, the Sixers are in the middle of a sale right now anyway, and I'd be surprised if the new ownership wants their first move to be trading their best player for an unathletic bum who will be gone in a year. Unless they seriously think they can lure Paul, Williams, or Howard, which they almost certainly can not.

I love Iggy though and will cheer him on wherever he goes, and yes, he would be a PERFECT fit on the Clips.

It is what it is....

PhillyFaninLA
06-21-2011, 12:16 PM
I agree that stats don't tell the whole story but tell me this. What does?

The eye test.

If you watch a player and never see a stat you can analyze them very well and know how good they are.

Stats don't show how or why things happened nor do they take into account the conditions that allowed the what (the stats) to happen.

The eye test will allow you learn more then any stat will. I don't need to see MJ, Kobe, or Iverson's points per game to know they where dominate scorers.