PDA

View Full Version : Heat player wins consolation price and biggest award of the year.

dnewguy
06-20-2011, 11:06 AM
National Fatherhood Initiative (NFI) has named Dwyane Wade a recipient of a 2011 Fatherhood Award™ for his dedication to his two sons.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20110616/pl_usnw/DC17370

Championship aside, Miami Heat's Dwayne Wade has been honored with fatherhood award for his dedication to his sons. He's one of a few celebrity who doesn't use a tough schedule as an excuse not to be a father. The award is regarded by many to be more important than a championship ring. Well, I would rather have that award that a championship ring #justsaying.

On a side note the Miami Heat are picked as top contenders for the new NBA champions in 2012. The ex champs Mavs are also one of the top contenders behind Miami Heat.

And to all those fathers out there raising their kids the right way, Happy fathers day.

airronijordan
06-20-2011, 11:22 AM
Amare Stoudemire also received a father of the year award last week

Congrats to Wade and Amare

Tmath
06-20-2011, 11:30 AM
lol how do they choose who gets these awards.

vantroi775
06-20-2011, 11:31 AM
So Wade gets an award for doing something that he is suposed to do in the first place? What makes him a better father than the Millions of hard working fathers out there that werent born with the athletic ability to play in the NBA? I am not knoking him but you are making it seem as if he is doing something extraordinary. He isn't.

marlinsfan24
06-20-2011, 11:31 AM
Shh, Wade's supposed to be an ******* and can't ever do anything right...

Anyways, this is a great award for Wade. Congrats.

Cubs Win
06-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Congrats to Wade, but shouldn't this be in the Heat forum?

Mile High Champ
06-20-2011, 11:32 AM
These awards are beyond stupid in my mind.. What is the criteria for something so ridiculous?

Gibby23
06-20-2011, 11:34 AM

Championship aside, Miami Heat's Dwayne Wade has been honored with fatherhood award for his dedication to his sons. He's one of a few celebrity who doesn't use a tough schedule as an excuse not to be a father. The award is regarded by many to be more important than a championship ring. Well, I would rather have that award that a championship ring #justsaying.

On a side note the Miami Heat are picked as top contenders for the new NBA champions in 2012. The ex champs Mavs are also one of the top contenders behind Miami Heat.

And to all those fathers out there raising their kids the right way, Happy fathers day.

Good for Wade, also, he already has a championship ring. What did the other guy get?

swirl54
06-20-2011, 11:34 AM
Where is my award I am at home everyday with my kids bathing,feeding,playing, etc... I do not have money like Dwayne though and yes i refuse to spell his name wrong. His mom needs to be hit for spelling his name wrong btw.

Tmath
06-20-2011, 11:35 AM
These awards are beyond stupid in my mind.. What is the criteria for something so ridiculous?

This

gaughan333
06-20-2011, 11:36 AM
You have to make a lot of money and then somewhat be around for your kids

dnewguy
06-20-2011, 11:37 AM

lol...I agree. I know many broke fathers that will go beyond anything to provide for their kids even if it means they sleep under the bridge....those kinda guys never get any award.

BigBlueCrew
06-20-2011, 11:37 AM
yes, shouldnt this moved to the heat forum, we dont care about Dwayne Wade and this bogus award

dodie53
06-20-2011, 11:38 AM
congrats wade

dnewguy
06-20-2011, 11:39 AM
yes, shouldnt this moved to the heat forum, we dont care about Dwayne Wade and this bogus award

So let me get this right, any good news about Miami Heat belong in Heat forum and bad news belong to the NBA forum? What about fatherhood only applies to the Heat?

TheDetroitBlue
06-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah good for him

But how about all the other Dads that work there *** off in the auto industry, or any other job and make a tiny fraction of what Wade makes. Those are some of the best Dads that will work long hours to support there family,

Cubs Win
06-20-2011, 11:43 AM
So let me get this right, any good news about Miami Heat belong in Heat forum and bad news belong to the NBA forum? What about fatherhood only applies to the Heat?

What about it applies to the NBA moreso than just the Heat, which happens to be the team this player is a part of?

vantroi775
06-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Shh, Wade's supposed to be an ******* and can't ever do anything right...

Anyways, this is a great award for Wade. Congrats.

If you dont agree that this is a bogus award, you are either: 1. a homer, 2. an idiot, or 3. both.

RaiderLakersA's
06-20-2011, 11:54 AM
Respect to all of the real men out there that are being fathers to their kids.

But ... if someone even thinks of giving me some award like this, I'm handing it back with a "thanks, but no thanks" incredulous sneer. I realize men, especially in urban communities, get unfairly pinned as absentee fathers all of the time, but there is no need to hand out blue medal awards to the men who honor their duty, commitment and love by raising their kids. It's what they're supposed to do.

koLohe2133
06-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Bahahahahahaha

Did he win for being the first person to yell at Lebron?

Op delete your account already.

whitemamba33
06-20-2011, 12:10 PM
"Here's a trophy for doing what you are supposed to do"

...ok

smith&wesson
06-20-2011, 12:28 PM
congrats , stat and wade.

dtmagnet
06-20-2011, 12:40 PM
lol...I agree. I know many broke fathers that will go beyond anything to provide for their kids even if it means they sleep under the bridge....those kinda guys never get any award.

If you agree then why start this thread?

Gambeezy
06-20-2011, 12:52 PM
Amare Stoudemire also received a father of the year award last week

Congrats to Wade and Amare

Where is my award I am at home everyday with my kids bathing,feeding,playing, etc... I do not have money like Dwayne though and yes i refuse to spell his name wrong. His mom needs to be hit for spelling his name wrong btw.

Happy belated Father's Day Boys..

Keep being a great dad Swirl.

Piercefan34
06-20-2011, 01:00 PM
i wonder if wade wrestles his kids to the ground and dislocates their elbows...
anyway dnewguy, bro please dont sit there as a heat fan and complain about the refs lol. you and i and everyone else in the world know thats a terrible argument for you

shizzle09
06-20-2011, 01:07 PM
LOL at all of you saying it's what he's supposed to do. He fought his *** off to win custody of his kids. that crazy woman tried very hard to make being a dad difficult. hats off to D wade and to all others who do the same

Avenged
06-20-2011, 01:16 PM
So Wade gets an award for doing something that he is suposed to do in the first place? What makes him a better father than the Millions of hard working fathers out there that werent born with the athletic ability to play in the NBA? I am not knoking him but you are making it seem as if he is doing something extraordinary. He isn't.

Without being too much of an ***, I have to agree with this.

Touch schedules and being out of state most of the time is not an excuse and shouldn't be rewarded just because someone tries. I'm sure Wade is a good father if he received this but it's sort of a slap to other great fathers who aren't as fortunate as Wade to provide their children with everything and anything they want.

koLohe2133
06-20-2011, 01:20 PM
I'm glad wade got all of those coke weed orgies and Chinese prostitutes out of his system BEFORE he got custody....

Father of the year!!

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-20-2011, 01:47 PM
biggest award of the year:laugh2:

sO_cHi312
06-20-2011, 01:47 PM
hop off. gee wiz.

ChitownSports16
06-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Who cares:shrug:

LA_Raiders
06-20-2011, 01:52 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

mikealike305
06-20-2011, 01:54 PM
I thought this was about D.Wades award? i open this thread and read this page :facepalm:

sammid21
06-20-2011, 02:04 PM
So at first heat fans said the MVP doesn't matter, the finals MVP is the award they rather have. Now since they couldn't get that award, I guess this "father of the year" award is the biggest award of the year. Dnewguy is a trip

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-20-2011, 02:07 PM
good guy, like him as a person not a player tho:rolleyes:

knicks_champ
06-20-2011, 02:09 PM
This thread has gone off-topic.

Anyway, congrats D-Wade and Amare.

effen5
06-20-2011, 02:55 PM
BTW, there are probably a 100 people more deserving to win this award them Dwade and Amare.....what about the fathers that work 3-4 jobs just to make ends meet to keep a roof over children?

This award is dumb.

king4day
06-20-2011, 03:14 PM
lol how do they choose who gets these awards.

Totally.
A more appropriate title would be 'Celebrity father of the year' award. Or whatever it is they call it. Cuz I can guarantee you there's thousands of more deserving fathers in the world.

Avenged
06-20-2011, 03:36 PM
149 deleted posts when I should have just deleted this thread.. Reason why I didn't is because so many threads are being killed for the same types of posts being said in this thread.

GROW UP KIDS & STAY ON TOPIC.

1-800-STFU
06-20-2011, 03:42 PM
149 deleted posts when I should have just deleted this thread.. Reason why I didn't is because so many threads are being killed for the same types of posts being said in this thread.

GROW UP KIDS & STAY ON TOPIC.

Is this a record?

Slug3
06-20-2011, 03:42 PM
I agree with no one should get an award for being a father you are suppose to be, but saying Wade is not deserving is another thing. I for one dont know what he does or does not do as a father and none of you know as well. But I will salute any father out there who is single and taking care of their kids.

bosox3431
06-20-2011, 03:51 PM
LOL at all of you saying it's what he's supposed to do. He fought his *** off to win custody of his kids. that crazy woman tried very hard to make being a dad difficult. hats off to D wade and to all others who do the same

My uncle did the same thing, he was ony the 3rd male to win custody in the state of Arizona when he won, he didnt get no award.

I'm glad wade got all of those coke weed orgies and Chinese prostitutes out of his system BEFORE he got custody....

Father of the year!!

All of the deleted post surrounding this one, and it gets missed lmao.

CityofTreez
06-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Congrats for D.Wade, and to Avenged24's dedication to keep this Thread Alive :clap:

Slug3
06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
[QUOTE=bosox3431;18301920]My uncle did the same thing, he was ony the 3rd male to win custody in the state of Arizona when he won, he didnt get no award. QUOTE]

I have custody of my daughter as well..... and you know what your uncle would say? The same thing I probably did, my kids are my reward.

congrats to your uncle :clap:

kozelkid
06-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Jesus Christ is this kind of record for most deleted posts in a thread?

c smooth1810
06-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Hahaha this award is a joke, his kids dont even live with him for more than half of the year. He lived in Miami them in Chicago..... yea great father haha

FinsSuperBowl
06-20-2011, 04:31 PM
So he got the award for being a father figure to Lebron and Bosh?

FinsSuperBowl
06-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Totally.
A more appropriate title would be 'Celebrity father of the year' award. Or whatever it is they call it. Cuz I can guarantee you there's thousands of more deserving fathers in the world.
Is it true that the Sun's new jersey's are all pink?

valade16
06-20-2011, 04:38 PM
So he got the award for being a father figure to Lebronand Bosh?

I thought that was Delonte West.

valade16
06-20-2011, 04:45 PM
why did you say "ex" champs for the mavericks? winning a championship isn't like fish, it doesn't expire.

Good point. They won't be "ex champs" until another team wins the title in 2012...

blahblahyoutoo
06-20-2011, 09:35 PM

"I take care of mah kizz."
/chris rock

SportsAndrew25
06-21-2011, 03:56 AM
I have never seen so many people posts deleted in a PSD thread? Goes this go into the Guinness Book of World Records?

SportsAndrew25
06-21-2011, 03:59 AM

And to all those fathers out there raising their kids the right way, Happy fathers day.Not one kid. Not two. Not three. Not four. Not five. Not six. Not seven.

SportsAndrew25
06-21-2011, 04:00 AM
The fact that so many posts got deleted in this thread makes this the greatest thread in PSD history.

setman2000
06-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Aren't Wades kids and ex in Chicago? He could have signed with the Bulls, seen his kids more and won a Championship!

Bulls_fan90
06-21-2011, 04:48 AM
Total ****. Chris Bosh should of won

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq9ZpZuwvU4

D Roses Bulls
06-21-2011, 04:50 AM
heat fans I guess will take anything right now :)

on subject though, this is a ****ing joke right? do they have cameras in his house 24/7 to monitor whats going on? didn't we have a thread in here last year or the year before where wade was having a bunch of sex parties? if that's the case, i guess he is a good parent :confused: