PDA

View Full Version : the draft...your in charge! who's your team? who's your guy? and why?

knickfan33
06-20-2011, 06:06 AM
tons of hypethitical threads in NBA forum, i thought this one would be fun and at least a little more realistic then the pipe dream trade threads i've been reading....

knickfan33
06-20-2011, 06:09 AM
knicks... keith benson.... he's projected to go early second, so he would be a reach for the knicks... but i think he will develop into a camby clone...

knicks need a C/SG/PG.... at that point in draft i dont see much talent in the G positions.
kito is a good fit because he is a shot blocker, knicks need defensive presence in paint, and he is athletic enough to run floor...with a very good outside shot....so he fits with dantoni as well.

a close second... john leuer... lacks the D benson can bring, but better offensively, even has a great 3 pointer.... reminds me of a poor mans dirk, or more aggresive danilo..... somewhere inbetween maybe.

Tom Stone
06-20-2011, 06:55 AM
Raptors: We need a Center and a point guard, we got the 5th and this one is tough, for point guards I have it down to Jimmer and Kemba, the two show the ability to pass and run a team....Branden knight is good and young, I seen crazy talents like Russel Westbrook, run the point and I really hate point guards that have a low iq.....and if any of you watched playoffs, you know what i mean, you got to be smart to run the point not just talented...not that knight can't get there, I haven't seen it though....
It saw it in kemba and Jimmer.
Jimmer just got that it factor, keeps people off balance, with his scoring ability, and shows high IQ, when creating...he's my sleeper of the draft...and beating all point guards in court lane agility drills, while having more muscle then any of them.....There are few centers that interest me in the draft, but I would go after Marc Gasol in free agency, it takes too long for centers to get steady in the NBA....So my pick is Jimmer.....I know he's not talked about going that high....but I see what I see......And not like alot of other people, I think for myself, not being swayed by every little opinion....I'm ready to defend my article

NBAfan4life
06-20-2011, 07:00 AM
For the Wolves

I'm drafting Derek Williams and keeping him. Stockpile talent for one more year. Next years draft should be good. Let Williams, beas, and Wes share and make a better educated decision on who to get rid of after this season.

For the Lakers

Take the best available project. Lakers never have high draft picks.

knickfan33
06-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Raptors: We need a Center and a point guard, we got the 5th and this one is tough, for point guards I have it down to Jimmer and Kemba, the two show the ability to pass and run a team....Branden knight is good and young, I seen crazy talents like Russel Westbrook, run the point and I really hate point guards that have a low iq.....and if any of you watched playoffs, you know what i mean, you got to be smart to run the point not just talented...not that knight can't get there, I haven't seen it though....
It saw it in kemba and Jimmer.
Jimmer just got that it factor, keeps people off balance, with his scoring ability, and shows high IQ, when creating...he's my sleeper of the draft...and beating all point guards in court lane agility drills, while having more muscle then any of them.....There are few centers that interest me in the draft, but I would go after Marc Gasol in free agency, it takes too long for centers to get steady in the NBA....So my pick is Jimmer.....I know he's not talked about going that high....but I see what I see......And not like alot of other people, I think for myself, not being swayed by every little opinion....I'm ready to defend my article

i love jimmer... the problem is, does his game translate to the NBA... i would imagine he would be a PG in the NBA... how well can he run an offence? i hear you though... if knicks had a pick in that area i would love to see what he could do.

knickfan33
06-20-2011, 07:07 AM
For the Wolves

I'm drafting Derek Williams and keeping him. Stockpile talent for one more year. Next years draft should be good. Let Williams, beas, and Wes share and make a better educated decision on who to get rid of after this season.

For the Lakers

Take the best available project. Lakers never have high draft picks.

i dont know.... i feel like its a waste... t wolves could definetly benefit more by trading that pick... like you said next years draft will be better... they should trade that pick to a team who most likely wont do to well, for there pick next year, and maybe get a pick or player this year out i it...

lakers..yeah pretty much... they could use a pg or sf more then anything. but whatever is there.

mark1125
06-20-2011, 07:30 AM
Detroit Pistons.

They are a long way from being a legit threat. With that said, they need to go BPA regardless of position.

Assuming Enes Kanter is taken prior to #8, I would go with Jonas Valanciunas. He can rebound well, blocks shots, has a 7'6 wingspan and is still growing. Good leaper and soft hands. Needs to add some muscle and work on his passing. Hard worker.

daleja424
06-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Miami heat @ 31 need a guard:

1. Reggie Jackson
2. Norris Cole
3. Nolan smith
4. Josh selby
5. Iman shumpert
6. Charles Jenkins
7. Shelvin Mack

BaddNewz
06-20-2011, 09:35 AM
The suns at #13 I choose Marcus morris he has the build for a power forward position...has a nose for the ball, a grinder down low, and can step out and shoot a solid 15 - 18 ft jumper...I'm a KU fan so I've seen him since he and I were in high school til now

The suns at #13 I choose Marcus morris he has the build for a power forward position...has a nose for the ball, a grinder down low, and can step out and shoot a solid 15 - 18 ft jumper...I'm a KU fan so I've seen him since he and I were in high school til now

The knicks at #16 I would love to see jimmer fall to the knicks for obvious reasons...but in really I like alec burks a lot 6'6 shooting guard with the offensive talent that new york needs at the two...could be a steal

MrfadeawayJB
06-20-2011, 12:25 PM
Grizz @ #49---

I would like to see a draft day trade with OJ traded to a team that would give us a lottery pick. i

If we get a lottery pick my choices are:
1) Klay Thompson
2) Marshon Brooks
3) Kawai Leonard ( wont fall past 10 imo)
4) Alec Burks ( wont fall past 10 imo)

@ 49 i would go:
1) Iman Shumpert
2) Keith Benson
3) David Lighty

StuckeyFan313
06-20-2011, 02:54 PM
Detroit Pistons.

They are a long way from being a legit threat. With that said, they need to go BPA regardless of position.

Assuming Enes Kanter is taken prior to #8, I would go with Jonas Valanciunas. He can rebound well, blocks shots, has a 7'6 wingspan and is still growing. Good leaper and soft hands. Needs to add some muscle and work on his passing. Hard worker.

Pistons fan here also.

I wouldn't mind Jonas Valanciunas but he may or may not be there for us (this draft is semi unpredictable). I would like to see Bismack Bioymbo (sorry if I butchered the spelling).

I realize that Bismack is a HUGE risk pick but I've watched video of him play and I like his atheticism. Greg Monroe will prov to be a great offense PF/C in the years to come and has great hands in the post but let's be honest Monroe isn't an explosive shot blocker. I believe Bismack will provide a different type of defensive presence that Monroe does not (not saying Monroe is bad on defense he pokes many balls loose.) I believe a combination or Monroe and Bismack would prove as a good defensive tandem. A majority of Bismack's points will come off alley-oops, cutting to the basket of pick n' rolls, and put backs much like Tyson Chandler.

NBAfan4life
06-20-2011, 04:26 PM
i dont know.... i feel like its a waste... t wolves could definetly benefit more by trading that pick... like you said next years draft will be better... they should trade that pick to a team who most likely wont do to well, for there pick next year, and maybe get a pick or player this year out i it...

lakers..yeah pretty much... they could use a pg or sf more then anything. but whatever is there.

As long as they get decent value for the pick. I mean if they trade it just to trade I dont feel it is smart. If they can find the right package go for it. I don't think anyone is going to bite.

I really like Derek Williams. I think he could be a good player.

TheRunKiller
06-20-2011, 05:08 PM
Marshon Brooks :D

Bulls need scorer/creater SG

believeinNYK
06-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Knicks and I'm hoping for klay Thompson to be on the board

thecure
06-20-2011, 05:47 PM
Raptors at #5 and it's a crap shoot.

They need a PG, SF and a C (that can bang with size.).

Creating a list of (barring any trades of course)

PG- Knight, Walker or Jimmer
SF- Leonard or Vesely
C - Kanter or Valanciunas

Ok, when I look at that list both Kanter and Knight could be gone, so I'll go with the "for sures" and say Kawhi is my guy. With his standout defense and rebounding prowess he is a perfect fit for a Raptors team leaning towards a lock down mentality. With his impressive showing in the Raptors workout, including some fine shooting which many feel is his greatest weakness, he seems a perfect fit.

I know we need a point guard desperately, but with two under contract and a bumper crop of top talent coming in the next draft and the C we need in Kanter already gone, I feel the SF spot is best addressed with the 5th pick.

Am I crazy?

knickfan33
06-20-2011, 06:37 PM
As long as they get decent value for the pick. I mean if they trade it just to trade I dont feel it is smart. If they can find the right package go for it. I don't think anyone is going to bite.

I really like Derek Williams. I think he could be a good player.

yeah but you have that position locked up.... it would be pointless to take him

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Nikola Vucevic and Marshon Brooks would be my top two. Danny please trade Bradley so we can get another first rounder.

pd7631
06-20-2011, 06:45 PM
76ers

1.) Donatas Motiejunas
2.) Bismack Biyombo
3.) Kenneth Faried

The bottom line is that we need front court help. While it is true that our biggest need is someone who can protect the paint and be a rebounding force.....the potential of Motiejunas is too much to pass up on if he's available at #16. The Sixers have not had a legitimate center that can be relied on offensively since the days of Moses Malone. Motiejunas will be a guy that can score from anywhere on the floor, and open up things for the rest of the team.

Biyombo and Faried will be great fits, and solid pieces to fill in the gaps that our team currently has. Either one would leave me feeling satisfied with what we did in the draft.

Gators123
06-20-2011, 06:50 PM
For the Pistons-

1. Tristan Thompson
2. Bismack Biyombo

I think both those guys would be great fits next to Monroe.

VillaMaravilla
06-20-2011, 06:55 PM
the Knicks #17 Brooks

we need a 2guard as bad a big but i really dont like any of the bigs in this draft so im going with the best 2guard which imo is Brooks

Slimsim
06-20-2011, 06:59 PM
Knicks either josh Selby or Klay Thompson

jmlbnks26
06-20-2011, 07:16 PM
Knicks fan here!!! I'm taking Biyombo if he's there at 17. Our needs are, defense, size and shooting. So he works out for 2 of our 3 needs

JDink24
06-20-2011, 07:37 PM
76ers

1.) Donatas Motiejunas
2.) Bismack Biyombo
3.) Kenneth Faried

The bottom line is that we need front court help. While it is true that our biggest need is someone who can protect the paint and be a rebounding force.....the potential of Motiejunas is too much to pass up on if he's available at #16. The Sixers have not had a legitimate center that can be relied on offensively since the days of Moses Malone. Motiejunas will be a guy that can score from anywhere on the floor, and open up things for the rest of the team.

Biyombo and Faried will be great fits, and solid pieces to fill in the gaps that our team currently has. Either one would leave me feeling satisfied with what we did in the draft.

This!

If we can land Montiejunas I'd be ecstatic.

JWO35
06-20-2011, 08:01 PM
Detroit Pistons 8th overall

Hoping for: Jonas Valanciunas or Kemba Walker
Most Likely: Tristan Thompson
Warming up to: Bismack Biyombo