PDA

View Full Version : do we really need another team in LA?

Mobsterkel
06-19-2011, 10:04 PM
Why would the kings move to anahiem. I thinks it dead but really three teams in La when there should only be one I say move to clippers and kings if the kings choose to relocate to a city that deserves it seattle,kansas city, st. Louis,cincinnati. Of course its up to the owners but seriously we don't need three teams in southern california good god!

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-19-2011, 10:07 PM
I think we went over this a million times two months ago. NO!

theheatles
06-19-2011, 10:20 PM
if they go anywhere they need to go to seattle

iliketurtles24
06-19-2011, 10:24 PM
go to seattle

Bruno
08-07-2011, 11:19 PM
LA doesn't need another team, horrible idea from the beginning.

gwrighter
08-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Seattle first.

Avenged
08-08-2011, 12:29 AM
Anaheim isn't L.A, but given the short distance, no, "L.A" doesn't need another team. It would be better to move the Clippers there rather than adding a new team.

LAKERMANIA
08-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Anaheim isn't L.A, but given the short distance, no, "L.A" doesn't need another team. It would be better to move the Clippers there rather than adding a new team.

That's what I don't get, Anaheim isn't LA, at all... And no they shouldnt go to Anaheim, if anything I want a Seattle Supersonics team again

Chronz
08-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Why would it be better to move any cali team? Clippers especially

Avenged
08-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Why would it be better to move any cali team? Clippers especially

I would just like the Clippers to have their own city/fan base where it's strictly Clippers, rather than residing where the majority is all Lakers. I think they need a "makeover" per say, and Anaheim would be great for them since they have a good fan base. If not Anaheim then somewhere else.

Bruno
08-08-2011, 12:52 AM
^ They played at the Pond for half a decade in the 90's. They already have a big base in Anaheim.

beasted86
08-08-2011, 01:25 AM
Why fix something that's not broken?

Clippers have solid attendance and probably make more money than a lot of teams.

Chronz
08-08-2011, 01:37 AM
I would just like the Clippers to have their own city/fan base where it's strictly Clippers, rather than residing where the majority is all Lakers. I think they need a "makeover" per say, and Anaheim would be great for them since they have a good fan base. If not Anaheim then somewhere else.

Pass, your ideals wouldn't be realized by a move to anaheim, its not as if there aren't hardcore laker fans all over socal. Those fans are their to support whatever teams they grew up rooting for, a move a few miles away wouldn't change that. Its not as if I'm going to abandon my clippers and become a png boy just becuz they move down the street.

LA is big enough for 2 franchises, and thr clippers have a bright future, it would be idiotic to move now.

PrettyBoyJ
08-08-2011, 02:11 AM
They Should move to Chicago.. With the Nets moving to Brooklyn, NY & LA will both have 2 teams now if Chicago had another team that would mean all 3 Major Markets in the NBA would have 2 teams which would result in a lot of revenue..

MJ-BULLS
08-08-2011, 02:55 AM
They Should move to Chicago.. With the Nets moving to Brooklyn, NY & LA will both have 2 teams now if Chicago had another team that would mean all 3 Major Markets in the NBA would have 2 teams which would result in a lot of revenue..

Another nba team in chicago would never work.

PrettyBoyJ
08-08-2011, 04:02 AM
Another nba team in chicago would never work.

Chicago is a big city.. If they can have 2 baseball teams why not 2 basketball teams.. A cross town rival. The way I see it if you have a profitable market use it to your advantage.

MJ-BULLS
08-08-2011, 04:20 AM
Chicago is a big city.. If they can have 2 baseball teams why not 2 basketball teams.. A cross town rival. The way I see it if you have a profitable market use it to your advantage.

Trust me, another nba team would turn out a bust. :laugh2: It would be a bulls town period and im pretty sure that "other" team wont get any support.

We also had this discussion in the bulls forum in the past.

jscaff
08-08-2011, 05:12 AM
The Lakers are the only true LA NBA team.
The Kings should stay put, and if they really really want to move then they should move to a real city that doesn't have a team, like Seattle, St. Louis or Las Vegas.
The Clippers should definitely move to Seattle.

RevisIsland
08-08-2011, 08:08 AM
I think Seattle deserves the Kings after how they were ****ed out of the Sonics. But I'd guess the NBA doesn't wanna go back there for a while.

PrettyBoyJ
08-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Trust me, another nba team would turn out a bust. :laugh2: It would be a bulls town period and im pretty sure that "other" team wont get any support.

We also had this discussion in the bulls forum in the past.

I think it can be pulled off.. Yeah the Bulls will own the city but that doesn't mean another team cant survive in their shadow.. Look at NY for example, Everyone Knows Yankees Own NY but the Mets still has its own fan base it will never compete with the Yankees but they can still hold their own and do better then other teams in the league.. The same could be said about our football team and basketball when the Nets move to Brooklyn.. You can also make those same comparison in LA between the Lakers and Clippers

synister281
08-08-2011, 09:02 AM
I think it can be pulled off.. Yeah the Bulls will own the city but that doesn't mean another team cant survive in their shadow.. Look at NY for example, Everyone Knows Yankees Own NY but the Mets still has its own fan base it will never compete with the Yankees but they can still hold their own and do better then other teams in the league.. The same could be said about our football team and basketball when the Nets move to Brooklyn.. You can also make those same comparison in LA between the Lakers and Clippers

The biggest problem with this is the era's being discussed.

New York baseball has had 2 teams since the beginning of baseball basically. Brooklyn Dodgers and NY Yankees, till the NY Mets. Back then, it was common to have multiple teams in the same city.

Lakers came to LA in 1960, and the Clippers came in 1970. The NBA was still relatively young back then, and foundations for teams haven't really been established yet where another team can come in and thrive in that city.

THe Knicks and the Nets are already very close to eachother in distance. This is an easy move and will result in the Nets fanbase growing bigger since they are so close.

Moving a team from the far West Coast to Chicago which is a very passionate sports city just doesn't seem like it would work in today's era. Our city was spoiled with Jordan, and everything basketball revolves around the Bulls. Bringing in the "Chicago Kings" just wouldn't work. They'd be fighting and scratching just to be even recognized as a team here. Think about the Clippers and how many people don't even realize they play in the same stadium as the Lakers LOL. I think a move to a big city without a team already would be their best bet, prefferably on the West Coast so they don't have to re-do their entire fan base.

RZZZA
08-08-2011, 12:34 PM
why not give some large cities that don't have basketball teams a shot? Maybe Vegas, or St. Louis, or Richmond?

Hellcrooner
08-08-2011, 12:52 PM
if they have to be moved and its unavoidable then they should be moved BACK to Kansas City or to Cincinatti ( change name back to royals if thats the case).

RLundi
08-08-2011, 01:08 PM
why not give some large cities that don't have basketball teams a shot? Maybe Vegas, or St. Louis, or Richmond?

Richmond?? Richmond isn't a large city by any stretch. And Las Vegas will not get a pro sports team any time soon because of the gambling and the fact that it's a relatively small media market itself.

If any team does indeed decide to move, it makes much more sense to consider Seattle, St. Lous, San Diego, Tampa Bay, Baltimore or Pittsburgh before Vegas or Richmond.

lol, please
08-09-2011, 01:27 AM
Its a stupid move. The Clippers don't even have enough fans..There shouldn't be ANY moving of pro sports teams if you ask me, too much legacy and fanbase through generations..