PDA

View Full Version : How good can Shannon Brown become if he leaves LA and becomes a starter?

Snapcracklepop
06-19-2011, 03:13 PM
could he bes a starter in the NBA? i htink he will opt out for more playing time and money, maybe chicago go get him if this happens?

do you guys think hes starting material, how long is his celin?

does he have allstar potential? does he play enough of the D fense for chicago to considering getting him and starting him?

any other teams would need him?

Giraffes Rule
06-19-2011, 03:22 PM
I don't think Shannon Brown is going to be a top 15-20 player, ever, but I think he has good work ethic. His shooting has vastly improved since 2009, and I think if he keeps getting better he'll be a solid starter. Good fit for the Bulls, but unless the cap increases in the new CBA (which I doubt) they won't be able to sign him. Unless the MLE still exists and he's willing to take it.

CubsBullsBucs
06-19-2011, 03:22 PM
a nick young type player or marcus thorton. he can explode on a bad team, but on a good team hes more of a 10-15ppg provided good minutes.

Avenged
06-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Good enough to be a 7th man player on a championship contender..

He's someone you can definitely live without and certainly is not a difference maker if he's not throwing it down.

He has his spurts though, but tends to isolate and pop up in transition.

FriedTofuz
06-19-2011, 03:28 PM
When i saw the pole options, The first thing that came to my mind was, " You think he can be an allstar?" Im sure he can be a solid contributer to a team that isnt contending right now. He can possibly join a team like that, and will receive more playing time to develop into a starting caliber player. I personally dont think his ceiling is high enough to become an all star.

Master Mind
06-19-2011, 03:31 PM
He would be a good addition for Miami :shrug:

Arch Stanton
06-19-2011, 03:34 PM
He only really seemed to excel on the Lakers. He was a mediocre player at best on the Cavs and I don't think he really played a lot of minutes on the Bulls. I'm not saying he couldn't be a good player on another team but never an all star IMO.

FriedTofuz
He would be a good addition for Miami :shrug:

There are already enough players taking their talents to south beach. Brown is somewhat of a combo guard, and miami still has no true PG.

Khalifa21
He's a solid role player.

Put him in a starting role and his inefficiencies will be exposed... See Trevor Ariza.

BKdoubleStacker
He is not starter material...

- amazing leaper/dunker
- average dribbling
- not a good passer
- decent shooter
- horrible shot selection
- low offense IQ
- above average defender

Cubby
06-19-2011, 03:35 PM
He would, but the MLE will most likely be gone with the new CBA.

C-Style
06-19-2011, 03:39 PM
He can start on a stacked team thats weak at the SG

Avenged
06-19-2011, 03:40 PM
He is not starter material...

- amazing leaper/dunker
- average dribbling
- not a good passer
- decent shooter
- horrible shot selection
- low offense IQ
- above average defender

Pretty much right on.

He has great athletic ability but lacks a bit in the skill department. I think he can be a starter on a -.500 team but if he's starting on a championship squad, the team will be exposed.

nykobe24
06-19-2011, 03:45 PM

Put him in a starting role and his inefficiencies will be exposed... See Trevor Ariza.

Lol...Ariza started for the 2009 lakers..imo he was a good starter...he still is good and comparing him to shannon brown is funny

Stack_NJNets
06-19-2011, 03:51 PM

See Travis Outlaw

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-19-2011, 03:52 PM
wow people really, I have seen him enough, he will never be more than a role player.

SeoulBeatz
06-19-2011, 03:53 PM
wow people get too carried away with his highlights.

the guy has no playmaking ability nor is he a good dribbler, he will never be close to an allstar.

He's also undersized with questionable shot selection.

He's a fine role player with INCREDIBLE athleticism, but if he stayed in charlotte, no one would no who this guy is.

Crackadalic
06-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Role player and nothing more

FarOutIos
06-19-2011, 03:58 PM
Yeah... your poll options suck.

You ask how good he can become if he becomes a starter... yet you have sixth man as a poll option. Sixth man is not a starter, so that option completely goes against your primary statement.

Also, you have all star and role player as the remaining options. Obviously, role player is his current status. So any improvement or guessed cap of potential should be higher than role player.

But when you only provide all star as the next level up, you are trying to force people to prove your point by voting all star. That doesn't work that way. You should have provided more in between options- like "solid starter" or "second or third option on the team" or "weakest link on starters".

As a result, I voted for sixth man, as this contradicts your initial statement... and I don't believe that he would be a starter on most teams.

Avenged
06-19-2011, 03:59 PM
Lol...Ariza started for the 2009 lakers..imo he was a good starter...he still is good and comparing him to shannon brown is funny

I agree.. Ariza was a solid starter. I would definitely take him back on the Lakers to start over Artest.

The problem lies when the majority expected him to break out and become a star. He's certainly not a star (yet, MAYBE in the future, who knows?) but was/is a solid player.

Khalifa21
06-19-2011, 04:04 PM

He started 20 games for them and averaged 10 FGA's a game. When he started for Houston he averaged 14 FGA's a game and shot sub 40%...

I'm not discrediting Ariza, the guy is a good player, but he's not the focal point of an offense, because he's an inefficient scorer. The exact same thing would happen with Shannon Brown if he started and shot the ball more, on a team with less offensive threats to draw attention away from him.

CityofTreez
06-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Shannon Brown is a by-product of Phil Jackson, I bet he wouldn't be as productive w/out a great coach/mentor (Jackson/Kobe) if he went to another team!

You never know though......

carnage101
06-19-2011, 04:06 PM
i start brown over fisher in nba2k11

heyman321
06-19-2011, 04:07 PM
I'd rather have The Custodian over Shannon Brown. He's super athletic, but my god, he has such a low basketball IQ. 7th man at best.

Saad
06-19-2011, 04:20 PM
I think he'd be good if just gained a better basketball iq. But I think a lot of his stupid shots come from being on the bench and trying to prove himself. Maybe if he starts he'll slow his roll and actually play within the offense.

Snapcracklepop
06-19-2011, 04:37 PM
oh ok, so consencus is that he is a solid role player on champions chip team. how much money do you think he is worth?

LA_Raiders
06-19-2011, 04:37 PM
He can be a good 6th man on an average team... No a 6th MOY.

Khalifa21
06-19-2011, 04:40 PM
oh ok, so consencus is that he is a solid role player on champions chip team. how much money do you think he is worth?

Not quite the mid-level... 4 years, $16 million.

CityofTreez
06-19-2011, 04:41 PM

Sadly, not that Much!

But, his resume with the Lakers would up-the-ante with a FA contract. $5-8 Mil would be my guess....

Snapcracklepop
06-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Not quite the mid-level... 4 years, $16 million.

seem fair, if jj reddick can get what he got this season, l to the o l:)

koreancabbage
06-19-2011, 06:10 PM
he's a great role player with controlled playing time. makes sure he has quality touches and makes smart plays or he's back on the bench.

I really want to see Ebanks and Character play! I think they are truly steals for LA in the second round of last year's draft.

Boozerguy47
06-19-2011, 08:04 PM
Don't understand why people think he is capable of being a quality starter...

CountSackula
06-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Not that great, probably just a role player. He's athletic but makes a lot of dumb decisions and is a chucker. He can play defense, but rarely shows up on that side of the court too.

pedsdmd
06-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Out of Curiosity I'd like to see him start on a team the way Ariza did, he would put up good numbers but be inefficient I think

LakersIn5
06-19-2011, 08:24 PM
shannon is a poor mans derrick rose. well i guess his a beggar already by that means

sventhedog
06-19-2011, 08:28 PM
are you guys serious? top 15-20 players ever? lol.

although i understand most people are really blinded by dunks and slam dunk competitions.

you guys are overrating him. he is very athletic, i'd give him that. so is nate robinson.

he can be a great sixth man. undersized sg's just haven't really been successful for a long career in the nba. ask iverson.

lack of consistent outside shooting is being ignored by most people because a lot of teams in the regular season don't play very good defense. so you can get away with just driving to the basket. but it is in my opinion a big weakness.

teams can play defense and zone. if lebron and wade can't effectively counter the zone, how do you expect a shannon brown to be better with the same shooting stroke?

JasonJohnHorn
06-19-2011, 08:29 PM
There should be an option for quality starter.
I think he could start for a lot of teams, but its hard to say. You'd really need to see him in the context of another system. Butler did very well once he left LA. Brown could perhaps do at least as well as Butler. I would like to see the guy get more minutes and see what he can do.

blastmasta26
06-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Good role player, that's it. He's simply too unskilled to be a quality starter.

Bruno
06-19-2011, 09:21 PM
6th man at best. He has all the physical gifts in the world; he had the lowest basketball IQ out of any Laker this season. Lets see if he blossoms outside of the triangle- he never really got it (him and half the team).

Sadds The Gr8
06-19-2011, 09:26 PM
See Travis Outlaw

this.

jeter 2
06-19-2011, 09:38 PM
He would make a great addition for the Knicks. The Knicks could use his scoring off his bench lol.

gaughan333
06-19-2011, 09:42 PM
There are a few players I'd rather have than him on the bulls. I can see him being a decent role player

KnicksR4Real
06-19-2011, 09:53 PM
overrated

RaidersLakers24
06-19-2011, 09:56 PM
To me he would be a 15-18 ppg 4 reb 3 ast a game guy while shooting a horrible 40-42% he would put up those numbers but he wouldn't be efficient doing so!

Hellcrooner
06-19-2011, 10:38 PM
overated crap.

good scoring numbers on terrible efficiency on a team that does jack because of it.

fake star.

there arfe many out there

lakerboy
06-19-2011, 11:01 PM
Brown sucks. If you think Vujacic sucked balls, wait til you see Brown play 30MPG

Chacarron
06-19-2011, 11:36 PM
He sucks.

Punk
06-19-2011, 11:57 PM
He was close to signing with us last season but he went back with LA. And it looks like he regressed.

He shot the ball better in the season but in the playoffs he was terrible.