PDA

View Full Version : C-Webb

b@llhog24
06-19-2011, 08:57 AM
This guy is probably one of my favourite players of all time.

But injuries ruined his career :cry::cry:

So I have 2 questions to ask. Where/How would you rank him if he had a

healthy career and how would he do in todays Nba.

I think he would've been one of the top 3 Pf's and probably would've dominated

the Nba at the 4 position.

Thought?

flclfanman
06-19-2011, 08:59 AM
Could have been a top 7-8 PF all time if he stayed healthy and if Stern didn't steal his ring in 2002 and 2005-6.

Still a 1st/2nd ballot HoFer, easily.

uncleben989
06-19-2011, 09:29 AM
Could have been a top 7-8 PF all time if he stayed healthy and if Stern didn't steal his ring in 2002 and 2005-6.

ummm

Geargo Wallace
06-19-2011, 09:36 AM
he was a straight balla

PrettyBoyJ
06-19-2011, 09:46 AM
He was a great player and was very underrated.. Def. HOF talent..

YoungOne
06-19-2011, 10:03 AM
just saw that he averaged 9 assists in his rookie season playoffs :speechless:

bulls leakage
06-19-2011, 10:10 AM

Right, Stern stole it :rolleyes: It's a shame he stopped Webber and AI from winning it all in Philadelphia.

JasonJohnHorn
06-19-2011, 10:59 AM
Without the injuries, he'd be a top-five PF in my opinion. They got robbed of a title, so he should be a champion, he had a great O game, phenominal passing, solid defender. There was little wrong with him game.

If he had been healthy, his work ethic would have allowed him to play into his late 30's, and would have been close to where Duncan is. As is, he is still one of the great PFs in the history of the game. obviously I'd put Duncan, Malone, Petit and Baylor ahead of him (Baylor could work both forward positions, but statistically he was a PF). Barkley is up there, but I know had he played in today's game he wouldnt have been able to post the kind of number he did because of the back-to-the-basket rules. Gasol and Garnett I'd place ahead of Webber, but I mean, its really like splitting hairs with these guys. They are all so incredibly talented, but the thing that sticks out for me about Webber was his passing game.

KingOf215
06-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Aside from physical health, I think C. Webb's biggest weak point was mental. I'm not sure he ever got over the infamous Time Out. His whole career had become a ''close... but not quite.''

desertrat218
06-19-2011, 05:08 PM
This guy is probably one of my favourite players of all time.

But injuries ruined his career :cry::cry:

So I have 2 questions to ask. Where/How would you rank him if he had a

healthy career and how would he do in todays Nba.

I think he would've been one of the top 3 Pf's and probably would've dominated

the Nba at the 4 position.

Thought?

I would rate him much higher if he wasn't a known flopper that forced the NBA to create a rule against that chicken#$%^ tactic.

BKdoubleStacker
06-19-2011, 05:12 PM
Without the injuries, he'd be a top-five PF in my opinion. They got robbed of a title, so he should be a champion, he had a great O game, phenominal passing, solid defender. There was little wrong with him game.

If he had been healthy, his work ethic would have allowed him to play into his late 30's, and would have been close to where Duncan is. As is, he is still one of the great PFs in the history of the game. obviously I'd put Duncan, Malone, Petit and Baylor ahead of him (Baylor could work both forward positions, but statistically he was a PF). Barkley is up there, but I know had he played in today's game he wouldnt have been able to post the kind of number he did because of the back-to-the-basket rules. Gasol and Garnett I'd place ahead of Webber, but I mean, its really like splitting hairs with these guys. They are all so incredibly talented, but the thing that sticks out for me about Webber was his passing game.

As a laker fan, no way is gasol better than webber.

Lakers + Giants
06-19-2011, 05:21 PM
This is how i would rank the best PFs of all time.

1.Duncan/Karl Malone
2.Duncan
3.Moses Malone
4.Barkley
5.Garnett
6.Nowitzki
7.Webber

fadedmario
06-19-2011, 05:24 PM
He was my favorite player when I was a kid. I still remember collecting his rookie cards in 1994. Sad he never got a ring.

desertrat218
06-19-2011, 05:25 PM
This is how i would rank the best PFs of all time.

1.Duncan/Karl Malone
2.Duncan
3.Moses Malone
4.Barkley
5.Garnett
6.Nowitzki
7.Webber

Moses was primarily a center, and he was pretty dominant for a number of years.

Lakers + Giants
06-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Moses was primarily a center, and he was pretty dominant for a number of years.

Same can be said about Timmy after David Robinson retired. :shrug:

hyb152
06-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Webber would be an automatic hall of famer if Stern didnt steal his ring from him in 2002. Webber's borderline now but if he had that ring, it would push him over the top and show that he lead his team to a title.

Lakers + Giants
06-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Webber would be an automatic hall of famer if Stern didnt steal his ring from him in 2002. Webber's borderline now but if he had that ring, it would push him over the top and show that he lead his team to a title.

agreed. :clap:

bulls leakage
06-19-2011, 05:46 PM

So Stern sent a message all the way to the officials, and nobody has found out about it yet? He risked ruining the integrity of the NBA to make a little more money?

Jesus, you people who think the league is rigged by David Stern are so ridiculous. It's such a stupid idea to think he would risk so much to rig some games...

210Don
06-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Same can be said about Timmy after David Robinson retired. :shrug:

no. timmy has always played power forward.... when rob left we signed rasho center then nazr center then oberto center then kurt thoma center now we have blair starting at center.. always a pf always penciled in at the pf spot

wnd cwebb was great i loved his game....wish he coulda been healthy and i wished him & ai coulda done something in philly

desertrat218
06-19-2011, 06:29 PM
So Stern sent a message all the way to the officials, and nobody has found out about it yet? He risked ruining the integrity of the NBA to make a little more money?

Jesus, you people who think the league is rigged by David Stern are so ridiculous. It's such a stupid idea to think he would risk so much to rig some games...

I tend to agree with this. If you want to look for who fixes games look no further than the sports bookies of Las Vegas. All they have to do is buy one ref. As a matter of fact, I can think of at least one NBA ref sitting in prison for this very reason. Tim Donaghy anyone?

buch88
06-19-2011, 07:31 PM

Okay so maybe it wasn't Stern himself. That doesn't mean that game 6 of 2002 wasn't fixed. Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless said themselves that referees are human beings and there are going to be biases, prejudices, gambling, etc. Sure, the refs probably don't bet anymore since Donaghy got busted. But game 6 of 2002 was a few years before Donaghy got busted. George Karl, the nuggets coach, was on ESPN once talking about how Dick Bavetta is not a credible ref behind the scenes. Former retired NBA refs concurred about Bavetta. Who was the lead official in game 6 of 2002? Dick Bavetta. All you have to do is watch the footage and highlights from that game on youtube. Maybe it wasn't Stern, but there is no way that game wasn't rigged by the refs or Stern. That game was not right. Fans all around the world still talk about that game 10 years later. Sports analysts and journalists all around the country, even laker writer Bill Plaschke said that game was rigged. May not be Stern, but the kings were robbed of a championship by someone, and it wasn't the lakers.

buch88
06-19-2011, 07:34 PM
On a side note, the kings could have definitely won back-to-back titles from 02-03. They could have maybe won more. They got cheated from one in 02, webber tore his knee in 03 otherwise they would have won that year. If webber never got hurt, they could have won in 04 and 05 and probably been competing for a couple more years. Their whole team was still pretty young except for Vlade Divac who was only in his early 30's. Bibby, Webber, Peja, etc were all mid to late 20's. If webber never got hurt, that kings team could have easily won 2, maybe more titles.

Delfiffer
06-19-2011, 07:41 PM
pPeople complaining about the 02 WCF being rigged need to grow up. Even if game 6 was rigged, that doesn't mean the entire "series" was rigged. Also, in game 6, the Kings still could have won despite the Lakers getting calls. Sac just missed WAY to many free throws, and that got back at them

desertrat218
06-19-2011, 07:47 PM
Okay so maybe it wasn't Stern himself. That doesn't mean that game 6 of 2002 wasn't fixed. Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless said themselves that referees are human beings and there are going to be biases, prejudices, gambling, etc. Sure, the refs probably don't bet anymore since Donaghy got busted. But game 6 of 2002 was a few years before Donaghy got busted. George Karl, the nuggets coach, was on ESPN once talking about how Dick Bavetta is not a credible ref behind the scenes. Former retired NBA refs concurred about Bavetta. Who was the lead official in game 6 of 2002? Dick Bavetta. All you have to do is watch the footage and highlights from that game on youtube. Maybe it wasn't Stern, but there is no way that game wasn't rigged by the refs or Stern. That game was not right. Fans all around the world still talk about that game 10 years later. Sports analysts and journalists all around the country, even laker writer Bill Plaschke said that game was rigged. May not be Stern, but the kings were robbed of a championship by someone, and it wasn't the lakers.

Sorry, but there was still one more round left in the playoffs. You can only say for sure that they may have been screwed out of the Western Conference title, no guarantees on the NBA finals. The Kings probably would have beaten the Nets but we really don't know for sure. Upsets happen all the time and Webber had a reputation for choking in big games.

SeoulBeatz
06-19-2011, 07:51 PM
One of my favorite players of all time.

So much style, and just incredible all around game for a big.

He got robbed in '02, there's no doubt about it in my mind after watching that series.

And if you watched the series as well, there's no way you could disagree.

I felt really bad for C Webb when he was interviewing Jason Terry after the mavs just won the finals and Jet was holding the trophy. You could see how badly C Webb wanted that trophy and his congratulations was obviously bitter because it just kills him. Injuries are something you can't control and C Webb was one of the most unselfish players I've seen. Too bad man.

SeoulBeatz
06-19-2011, 07:57 PM

it really isn't. More ****ed up **** than that goes down within our government daily. Do you really think a silly little game like the NBA can't be tampered with?

I've worked in the music business for a few years now and it's shocking how disgusting some people can be behind the scenes. It's an awesome job, but a dirty ****ing business sometimes. People will literally kill each other to get to the point they want to be at.

not saying the NBA is in fact rigged, but to disregard that nothing shady has gone on is "ridiculous" as well.

210Don
06-19-2011, 08:13 PM
On a side note, the kings could have definitely won back-to-back titles from 02-03. They could have maybe won more. They got cheated from one in 02, webber tore his knee in 03 otherwise they would have won that year. If webber never got hurt, they could have won in 04 and 05 and probably been competing for a couple more years. Their whole team was still pretty young except for Vlade Divac who was only in his early 30's. Bibby, Webber, Peja, etc were all mid to late 20's. If webber never got hurt, that kings team could have easily won 2, maybe more titles.

no one was beating the spurs in 03

Chronz
06-19-2011, 10:00 PM
no. timmy has always played power forward.... when rob left we signed rasho center then nazr center then oberto center then kurt thoma center now we have blair starting at center.. always a pf always penciled in at the pf spot

wnd cwebb was great i loved his game....wish he coulda been healthy and i wished him & ai coulda done something in philly

Do you really believe blair is a center.

Gram
06-19-2011, 10:02 PM
He was my man!

CityofTreez
06-19-2011, 11:53 PM
My favorite player to ever play the Game (because of his years with my Sac Kings).

He was one of the most versatile players I ever got to watch, his rebound, post-game, fastbreak, and passing skill-sets were amazing.

Plus, he was almost automatic one year from 15-18 ft. out.

I hope he makes it into the HoF as a 1st Ballot.

hyb152
06-20-2011, 06:39 AM
no one was beating the spurs in 03

The kings would probably have beaten the spurs in 03 if webber didn't get hurt in the semis. They had basically the same team as the year before when they were hands down the best team. It would have been interesting with the kings and spurs in the WCF, but most people would have picked the kings to win, and for good reason. They were better than the spurs on both ends of the court and better than every other team too.

Tony_Starks
06-20-2011, 11:43 AM
If he never gets that career injury I believe the would've got a chip one of those years Lakers didn't get it. During CWebbs prime they would've beat any east coast team that made it, they just couldn't get past the Lakers.

But most def even with the injuries he's definitely in my top 5 PF's all time. One of the best passing PF's I've ever seen.

flclfanman
06-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Right, Stern stole it :rolleyes: It's a shame he stopped Webber and AI from winning it all in Philadelphia.

You have to be either oblivious or in denial to not think Gm6 of the 2002 WCF was one of the most lopsided officiated games in history. You think the officials decided to suck @ their job for one game for ***** and giggles.

That Philly team has no post presence, especially when Detroit had the Wallaces and LA has the Diesel

Cool Story Bro. Tell Tim Donahy I said hi :rolleyes:

Yeah why would Stern try to fix his own league, he only has BILLIONS OF DOLLARS in sales and Ad Revenue at risk.

smith&wesson
06-20-2011, 12:15 PM
when he was healthy, it was all about him and kg..

albertc86
06-20-2011, 12:26 PM
Aside from physical health, I think C. Webb's biggest weak point was mental. I'm not sure he ever got over the infamous Time Out. His whole career had become a ''close... but not quite.''

I highly doubt that "infamous" time out haunted him his entire career in the NBA. Sure, it was a terrible mistake and he most likely caught a lot of flak for it but that event was in college. But I don't think it kept him up at night post-college or it even entered his mind when he was out on the floor in the NBA.

Webber was a great PF and I liked him a lot. Very underrated being as well-rounded as he was.

COOLbeans
06-20-2011, 01:21 PM
HOF but I'd rank KG over Webber since he has a championship and was a much more dominant player in his prime. But he's definitely a top PF in history.

210Don
06-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Do you really believe blair is a center.

he plays center.....