PDA

View Full Version : Is there lane violation in the NBA during free throws?

LTBaByyy
06-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Because idk if I am the only one but I see the NBA players do it EVERYTIME!!

And they never call it, then when they do call it (5 times a whole season)

It makes me wonder why even have it haha

ManRam
06-18-2011, 09:14 PM
No. I literally think if it was fully enforced it would be called at least 10 times a game.

kozelkid
06-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Same with traveling, in-bounds violations, flopping, etc.

desertrat218
06-18-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm glad to see most of you recognize what a joke the NBA refs are for not actually enforcing the rules of the game.

pd1dish
06-18-2011, 09:23 PM
if it were enforced, they would stop going into the lane, but since its not enforced it happens on almost every free throw attempt.

but the rule is when the ball leaves the hands of the free throw shooter, you can enter the lane. whereas in college or high school, it has to hit rim and then you can enter the lane.

justOmazing
06-18-2011, 09:39 PM
Because idk if I am the only one but I see the NBA players do it EVERYTIME!!

And they never call it, then when they do call it (5 times a whole season)

It makes me wonder why even have it haha

no... and there's no travelling or double dribble anymore either... apparently

ManRam
06-18-2011, 09:47 PM
I feel like you guys would honestly be more mad if they called every single lane violation or traveling/double dribble than what they do now. :shrug:

Yeah, they let it slide...but I really think you'd hate the game a lot more if they were 100% strict.

hornetsfansydne
06-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Guys how about you stop bagging the refs about every call they make/dont make??? If they called everything the game would go for 6 hours!! It is obvious you have no idea about advantage/disadvantage or offensive threat as it is now called.... If the player breaks early but the free throw goes in what is the advantage??? Why stop the game unnecessarily....

ManRam
06-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Guys how about you stop bagging the refs about every call they make/dont make??? If they called everything the game would go for 6 hours!! It is obvious you have no idea about advantage/disadvantage or offensive threat as it is now called.... If the player breaks early but the free throw goes in what is the advantage??? Why stop the game unnecessarily....

Agreed. Everyone here bashes the refs for every single call.

If they started enforcing these things 100% of the time, I just can't imagine how much more obnoxious ref-whining would be.

whitemamba33
06-18-2011, 10:57 PM
They cracked down on technical fouls at the start of the season and called them as they SHOULD ACTUALLY be called, and the fan base whined and cried about it.

What makes me think it wouldn't be the same here?

koreancabbage
06-18-2011, 11:06 PM
also with this new cba, i want more stricter rules when it comes to calling these fouls. also there should be allowed to hand check as well- less wimpy fouls. the ncaa plays rougher and these are boys. the nba has men playing and there should be more physical.plays, not stupid touch fouls.

Kyben36
06-18-2011, 11:22 PM
Yes there is, but there is a 2nd rule, if you ever see a player who jumps into the lane to fast, but then gets back out, its the other half. if you do fall foward, you are not called for a lane violation, as long as you re establish youself outside the lane again.

Dash
06-18-2011, 11:26 PM
Same with traveling.

Just ask LeBron.

desertrat218
06-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Same with traveling.

Just ask LeBron.

Very true. I can't begin to count how many times Lebron has taken 2 or 3 steps before dribbling the ball, the very definition of travelling. He isn't alone, but he seems to do it more than most.

blastmasta26
06-19-2011, 10:22 AM
In the league I play in, if you even graze the edge of the paint before the ball hits the rim, they blow the whistle. :laugh: I'm fine with the way it's called in the NBA, it just bugs me that my league is so annoying about it.

theheatles
06-19-2011, 10:36 AM
why so cynical?....every sport has it's problems...do you think umpires get every strike/ball call correct? or even on the base paths? there is holding on every play in the NFL...soccer is flop city and you can't review replay...this is crazy that every day theres a new thread about someone *****ing about rules whether it be traveling, a carry, lane violation or touch fouls

YoungOne
06-19-2011, 10:46 AM
shaq got a lane violation on every third free throw this season :D

ChiTownPacerFan
06-19-2011, 10:50 AM
why so cynical?....every sport has it's problems...do you think umpires get every strike/ball call correct? or even on the base paths? there is holding on every play in the NFL...soccer is flop city and you can't review replay...this is crazy that every day theres a new thread about someone *****ing about rules whether it be traveling, a carry, lane violation or touch fouls

I honestly don't think baseball has much of a problem with umpires, and the NFL has a rigorous off-season review of every call made during the season. They are really diligent about proper officiating. The NBA, on the other hand, does nothing but trout out the same God-awful 70 year-old refs year after year.

tyfreaks brotha
06-19-2011, 11:54 AM
I feel like you guys would honestly be more mad if they called every single lane violation or traveling/double dribble than what they do now. :shrug:

Yeah, they let it slide...but I really think you'd hate the game a lot more if they were 100% strict.

Pretty much. Besides if they called every damn little thing the game would last 5 hours... yea I'm ok without calling all the little ****