PDA

View Full Version : All Time Big-Board

daJUICEisLOOSE
06-18-2011, 07:18 PM
I don't give a fruck if X player dominated Y era. Who has the most rings, scoring titles etc. I'm basing this on actual talent. Not a GOAT list.

1-MJ
2-Shaq
3-Lebron
4-Magic
5-Wilt
6-The Dream
7-Kobe
8-Timmmayy
9-AI
10-Elgin

asandhu23
06-18-2011, 07:22 PM
LeBron the choker better than Magic, Wilt, Hakeem and Duncan? :laugh2:

Magic, Wilt, Hakeem and Duncan have rings.

Wilt has way more scoring titles than Bron Bron.

JasonJohnHorn
06-18-2011, 07:59 PM
If you are basing it on "talent", then why the heck is Shaq even on the list. The guy had the range of a yard stick. His passing, ok, his O game was almost entirely back-to-the-basket. Tim has WAY more talent than Shaq.

PatsSoxKnicks
06-18-2011, 08:04 PM
LeBron the choker better than Magic, Wilt, Hakeem and Duncan? :laugh2:

Magic, Wilt, Hakeem and Duncan have rings.

Wilt has way more scoring titles than Bron Bron.

READ the original post.

If you are basing it on "talent", then why the heck is Shaq even on the list. The guy had the range of a yard stick. His passing, ok, his O game was almost entirely back-to-the-basket. Tim has WAY more talent than Shaq.

Yeah, Shaq shouldn't be on this list. His talent was just being big and physically imposing (ok, he did have some moves).

desertrat218
06-18-2011, 08:10 PM
I don't give a fruck if X player dominated Y era. Who has the most rings, scoring titles etc. I'm basing this on actual talent. Not a GOAT list.

1-MJ
2-Shaq
3-Lebron
4-Magic
5-Wilt
6-The Dream
7-Kobe
8-Timmmayy
9-AI
10-Elgin

No, actually you are basing this on your opinion. Let's be honest, you never saw the old-timers play and really have no clue how their skills would fare today. Let's not forget all the rules changes that literally made this a different game than the one played 40-50 years ago. All time greatest lists will always be subjective, you simply cannot compare players who played under different rules. Allen Iverson would have failed miserable in the old NBA, his patented move was the carry over/cross over which would have been a turnover in the 70s. How many more points do you think Pete Maravich or Jerry West might have scored had they had a 3-point shot available to them? Even Kobe, who I am a big fan of, would have had to change his game in the old NBA because he and most NBA players of today take 3 steps instead of 2. They would have been called for travelling with the move they use today. These lists are fun to look at and debate, but none of them mean much.

AntiG
06-18-2011, 08:13 PM
Yeah, Shaq shouldn't be on this list. His talent was just being big and physically imposing (ok, he did have some moves).

Of course he should. Every year there is a prospect or two that are big and physically imposing. The difference is that Shaq was like a freaking dancing bear where he was very agile and athletic for his size, with size that was bigger than every other huge player to boot, not to mention pretty damned skilled with good ball handling, post moves, ball skills, defensive and offensive instincts. He's one of the most elite prospects to ever come out... him and LeBron are the clearcut #1 and #2 (interchangeably) in terms of pure talent.

desertrat218
06-18-2011, 08:25 PM
Of course he should. Every year there is a prospect or two that are big and physically imposing. The difference is that Shaq was like a freaking dancing bear where he was very agile and athletic for his size, with size that was bigger than every other huge player to boot, not to mention pretty damned skilled with good ball handling, post moves, ball skills, defensive and offensive instincts. He's one of the most elite prospects to ever come out... him and LeBron are the clearcut #1 and #2 (interchangeably) in terms of pure talent.

:facepalm: That's pretty funny.

daJUICEisLOOSE
06-18-2011, 10:21 PM
No, actually you are basing this on your opinion. Let's be honest, you never saw the old-timers play and really have no clue how their skills would fare today. Let's not forget all the rules changes that literally made this a different game than the one played 40-50 years ago. All time greatest lists will always be subjective, you simply cannot compare players who played under different rules. Allen Iverson would have failed miserable in the old NBA, his patented move was the carry over/cross over which would have been a turnover in the 70s. How many more points do you think Pete Maravich or Jerry West might have scored had they had a 3-point shot available to them? Even Kobe, who I am a big fan of, would have had to change his game in the old NBA because he and most NBA players of today take 3 steps instead of 2. They would have been called for travelling with the move they use today. These lists are fun to look at and debate, but none of them mean much.

Jerry West = Kirk Hinrich in today's NBA. There's a reason white players got fazed out the NBA (There not as good). Kobe would have taken a fat dookie all over Jerry West and if you don't think so your lying to yourself. This is coming from a white person so please no reverse racism complaints.

The nature of a big-board implies that this is the current generation NBA, and I'm sure if you molded Iverson to play in 60's 70's type basketball he would still be 3-4 steps ahead of any of those jokers.

daJUICEisLOOSE
06-18-2011, 10:23 PM
If it makes it any easier for some of you ***** to understand. Think about it in a rivals, ESPN 150 type of way.

desertrat218
06-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Jerry West = Kirk Hinrich in today's NBA. There's a reason white players got fazed out the NBA (There not as good). Kobe would have taken a fat dookie all over Jerry West and if you don't think so your lying to yourself. This is coming from a white person so please no reverse racism complaints.

The nature of a big-board implies that this is the current generation NBA, and I'm sure if you molded Iverson to play in 60's 70's type basketball he would still be 3-4 steps ahead of any of those jokers.

You do understand that Iverson would have had to wear Chuck Taylors instead of custom made shoes designed specially for him. To compare Jerry West to Kirk Hinrich is ****ing hilarious. Did anyone tell you who that was in the NBA logo?

llemon
06-18-2011, 10:49 PM

1-MJ
2-Shaq
3-Lebron
4-Magic
5-Wilt
6-The Dream
7-Kobe
8-Timmmayy
9-AI
10-Elgin

Nice that you have an opinion.