PDA

View Full Version : Warriors offered Ellis + others for Howard?

shep33
06-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Don't know how legit this is cause it seems the underlying source was from Twitter, made it to Rotoworld so I dunno.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nba/161291/gsw-offer-monta-in-deal-for-dwight-howard

Basically it's Ellis, Udoh, Biedrins for Howard.

Here's another link I just found... http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/18/report-warriors-offered-monta-ellis-for-dwight-howard/

Sadds The Gr8
06-18-2011, 01:02 PM
ew.

shep33
06-18-2011, 01:03 PM
ew.

yeah that's a very underwhelming package right there

Swashcuff
06-18-2011, 01:04 PM
If they wanna stand ANY chance at getting Howard they better be prepared to part ways with Curry instead of trying to RAPE the Magic with a trade for Ellis.

FriedTofuz
06-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Warriors should offer ellis, udoh, biedrins, and their current first round pick and next years first round pick. They should then hope howard signs the extention. I Do believe monta ellis can become an all star in the east

Astronaut
06-18-2011, 01:07 PM
If the Magic are stupid enough to take this they are screwed for the next 5-10 years. The Magic if they want to trade Dwight NEED some draft picks, maybe do a 3-team deal like the Carmelo trade.

shep33
06-18-2011, 01:07 PM
This is a good move by the Warriors though, just testing to see how much Orlando will budge. They just possibly started the bidding for Howard (just as the report mentions), and I bet we're going to hear a bunch of these over the next little while.

I mean this in the sense that Orlando will get a lot of offers from different teams over the next while, not strictly the Warriors

ManRam
06-18-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah...no thanks.

I've heard talks today that Ellis' camp wants him traded to Chicago or Orlando...but to play with Dwight, not being traded FOR Dwight.

FriedTofuz
06-18-2011, 01:10 PM
This is a good move by the Warriors though, just testing to see how much Orlando will budge. They just possibly started the bidding for Howard (just as the report mentions), and I bet we're going to hear a bunch of these over the next little while.

Orlando wont budge regardless. Also, Golden state is not on the list of prefered locations that howard desires. This will make it even more unlikely for howard to sign an extention if he is traded to goldenstate.

Also, Orlando magic GM Otis smith, said he has no intentions to trade howard. Its either he signs the extention, or signs with another team in the 2012 offseason.

Cal827
06-18-2011, 01:13 PM
Warriors should offer ellis, udoh, biedrins, and their current first round pick and next years first round pick. They should then hope howard signs the extention. I Do believe monta ellis can become an all star in the east

Do they have that pick? I thought that the Nets had it and dealt it to Utah for Williams lol

If they want Howard, the have to offer Curry now... or wait for the magic to get desperate and backed into a corner.

Crackadalic
06-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Terrible trade for the magic.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-18-2011, 01:15 PM
First off, Ellis is not that good...

Second off, Curry, Wright, Biedrins, Udoh, and lotto pick for Dwight Howard and possibly Jameer Nelson would be a good deal.

FriedTofuz
06-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Do they have that pick? I thought that the Nets had it and dealt it to Utah for Williams lol

I'm not sure. Possibly :confused:

allSUAVE
06-18-2011, 01:17 PM
First off, Ellis is not that good...

Second off, Curry, Wright, Biedrins, Udoh, and lotto pick for Dwight Howard and possibly Jameer Nelson would be a good deal.

Dallas fans gets disrespectful since they won the championship lmaooo

shep33
06-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Orlando wont budge regardless. Also, Golden state is not on the list of prefered locations that howard desires. This will make it even more unlikely for howard to sign an extention if he is traded to goldenstate.

Also, Orlando magic GM Otis smith, said he has no intentions to trade howard. Its either he signs the extention, or signs with another team in the 2012 offseason.

My bad, I meant it in the terms of how everyteam is going to start testing Orlando, this will get the media more involved and more pressure will start to mount on Orlando's management to do 1 of 2 things:

1) Find Dwight help to keep him in Orlando
2) Trade Howard for the best possible package

I think Otis will face the pressure from Orlando's management if they don't find Howard help. If Orlando doesn't trade Howard, they become the worst team in the league for a while. Hedo and Gil are still owed $96 mill so Orlando isn't going anywhere unless it's tanking for a couple years and getting a few good draft picks.

The Magic will end up worse than Toronto or Cleveland if this happens.

allSUAVE
06-18-2011, 01:19 PM
anyhow.

OKC Trades James Harden , westbrook and Ibaka for Howard that's a better deal

shep33
06-18-2011, 01:21 PM
anyhow.

OKC Trades James Harden , westbrook and Ibaka for Howard that's a better deal

I don't even know if that makes OKC better. They lose their top 2 guards, and promising young big man. Basically they get left with Durant and Howard.

allSUAVE
06-18-2011, 01:23 PM
I don't even know if that makes OKC better. They lose their top 2 guards, and promising young big man. Basically they get left with Durant and Howard.

once you lock up arguable two of the top 6 players in the league..and one of them is the most dominate center for the next decade ..im good with building around those two

justinnum1
06-18-2011, 01:24 PM
still dont see how howard is traded without arenas or turk

DeyAce
06-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Clearly they want to trade him to the western conference

GSRaider

This...

Cal827
It's going to be harder for them to deal him out than it was for Denver with Melo (although he basically backed them into the NY deal).... I think somebody posted a thread where Dwight said that he would not sign an extension in the season and test the free agent market regardless of the results of the season (I think he also said that he would look at other options if Orlando doesn't win it all)... Most teams won't offer up good young players with great potential if they think what they will get back could end up possibly leaving.. Just think of the Nets... if Deron leaves, then that was a terrible trade for them..... This will likely be one of the best offers they get for a bit.. you know cause the strike is near lol

MagicBucsSox
06-18-2011, 01:30 PM
That offer couldn't land Paul pierce . It's a total slap in the face of D12 who is a top 5 def by him damn self. GS had to be joking.

Shaq at 32 got miami's 4/5 starters plus picks. Dwight can easily make a case as best player in the game for what he does with what he got.

Ppl need to realize it's better to him walk then force yourself to take expensive trash

DoJoTheSlasher
06-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Dallas fans gets disrespectful since they won the championship lmaooo

I have always claimed Ellis isn't that great. Put me on the Warriors and I can score 25 points on 30 shots a game.

KnicksR4Real
06-18-2011, 01:36 PM
very unpleasing

allvalleychamp
06-18-2011, 01:43 PM
I have always claimed Ellis isn't that great. Put me on the Warriors and I can score 25 points on 30 shots a game.

You must not see him play often because he is one of the best at creating a shot in the game and he doesn't need 30 shots a game to score 25 pts, he is a very efficient 2 guard who creates all kinds of havoc- in a different market he'd get better pub but because Cohen owned the warriors for his whole tenure monta gets disrespected...he plays a lot like Iverson but he is a high percentage from the field- what he doesn't get is DWade like calls...if you watch him play he takes huge contact and rarely gets a whistle because again he plays on a Cohen owned Warriors team that gets no respect from the officials- if those were called like they are supposed to he'd be over 50% from the field

tredigs
06-18-2011, 01:44 PM

Well, he puts up 24 points at 45% shooting. That's actually a very high end FG% from the SG position - essentially identical to Kobe's numbers.

Not EVERYONE can have a starting shooting guard/drunk who puts up 5 points on 38% shooting, let's give him a break. But c'est la vie.

In other news, put "you" on the Warriors and you'd likely end up as flattened roadkill by halftime.

As for this trade? Ridiculous offer, and I see no reason to believe it's true. Random rumor that was on rotoworld? C'mon now people.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-18-2011, 01:46 PM
You must not see him play often because he is one of the best at creating a shot in the game and he doesn't need 30 shots a game to score 25 pts, he is a very efficient 2 guard who creates all kinds of havoc- in a different market he'd get better pub but because Cohen owned the warriors for his whole tenure monta gets disrespected...he plays a lot like Iverson but he is a high percentage from the field- what he doesn't get is DWade like calls...if you watch him play he takes huge contact and rarely gets a whistle because again he plays on a Cohen owned Warriors team that gets no respect from the officials- if those were called like they are supposed to he'd be over 50% from the field

I would still take Jason Terry, Ray Allen and Jamal Crawford before him.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-18-2011, 01:47 PM
Well, he puts up 24 points at 45% shooting. That's actually a very high end FG% from the SG position - essentially identical to Kobe's numbers.

Not EVERYONE can have a starting shooting guard/drunk who puts up 5 points on 38% shooting, let's give him a break. But c'est la vie.

In other news, put "you" on the Warriors and you'd likely end up as flattened roadkill by halftime.

As for this trade? Ridiculous offer, and I see no reason to believe it's true. Random rumor that was on rotoworld? C'mon now people.

And that starting shooting guard is a VERY GOOD defender who locked down Kobe, LeBron and Durant when he guarded them.

tredigs
06-18-2011, 01:54 PM
And that starting shooting guard is a VERY GOOD defender who locked down Kobe, LeBron and Durant when he guarded them.

Bwahaha, locked them down? Give me a break dude - the guy was playing 10-15 minutes a game, and he spent them getting dominated as he always does. I'm not sure I've ever seen an NBA player post so many consistent negative "Win"Share seasons. He's a thugged out drunk who's absolutely terrible relative to his competition. Worst starting SG in the game by a wide margin, which makes the Mavs ship all the more impressive.

shep33
06-18-2011, 01:59 PM
That offer couldn't land Paul pierce . It's a total slap in the face of D12 who is a top 5 def by him damn self. GS had to be joking.

Shaq at 32 got miami's 4/5 starters plus picks. Dwight can easily make a case as best player in the game for what he does with what he got.

Ppl need to realize it's better to him walk then force yourself to take expensive trash

For the Magic FO, I think the only move is to trade him. He hasn't signed an extension nor do the Magic have the pieces to trade for another star player. Jameer Nelson, Redick, and Brandon Bass won't get them much. Turk and Gil are untradeable.

I'd trade Howard if it meant getting rid of Gil's bad contract.

MagicBucsSox
06-18-2011, 02:03 PM
For the Magic FO, I think the only move is to trade him. He hasn't signed an extension nor do the Magic have the pieces to trade for another star player. Jameer Nelson, Redick, and Brandon Bass won't get them much. Turk and Gil are untradeable.

I'd trade Howard if it meant getting rid of Gil's bad contract.

Were Miami or Dallas dumb for not moving wade or dirk when both weren't winning? When wade expressed wanting to be a FA.

tonyd3b54
06-18-2011, 02:07 PM
id take that deal over the ******** bynum and garbage for howard that laker fans think will happen

allvalleychamp
06-18-2011, 02:08 PM

I'm glad you're not making roster decisions for the warriors- Also, we had Jamal Crawford...trust me Ellis is 10x the player

shep33
06-18-2011, 02:20 PM
Were Miami or Dallas dumb for not moving wade or dirk when both weren't winning? When wade expressed wanting to be a FA.

Okay, but how are the Magic going to sign quality players with the following contracts:

-Arenas $62 mill over the next 3
-Turk $ 33 mill over the next 3
-Redick $12.5 mill over the next 2
-Jameer Nelson- $ 15 mill over the next 2
-Chris Duhon $11 mill over the next 3
-Q-Rich $ 8 mill over the next 3
-This doesn't even include J-rich if he were do re-sign.

-In 2011-2012 the Magic's salary is already $75 mill. Again without J-rich.
-In 2012-2013 the Magic's salary is $76 mill if Howard decides not to opt-out.

The Magic sadly have the most worst contracts in the league. Arenas and Turk are not going to get traded at their age/past injury history.

As for your comment on Wade, well he was likely going to leave had nobody signed in Miami. I would've bet anything that he'd be a Bull right now had Bosh not committed to Miami (Lebron soon following).

Dirk- well he has played on some very talented teams, just couldn't get over the hump. He's a true Maverick though, the guy is awesome. But do you think D12 is going to wait another 7-8 years to contend for a title in Orlando? Dirk is 33 I think, unless Orlando gets rid of atleast one of Turk or Gil's deals, they don't have the money to sign anybody significant for the next 2-3 seasons. We haven't even talked about the new CBA which will tighten the salary cap.

djeller1139
06-18-2011, 02:21 PM
I mentioned this same deal in the "Dwight Howard Trade" thread yesterday!

Ellis, Udoh, Biedrins, #11 overall for Dwight + Hedo or Arenas would be about the best the Warriors could do. I'm not sure if it's the greatest deal, but at least the Warriors are being active.

What about Ellis and David Lee and something? The Magic get an offensive PF at least, and he has more value than Biedrins?

justinnum1
06-18-2011, 02:22 PM

Big difference, miami had cap room and dirk is 32...How can orlando get better with howard, who wants turk or arneas?

I think its safe to say that devos is hoping for an amnesty clause.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-18-2011, 02:43 PM
Sounds like :bs: to me.

iFYouSeekAmy
06-18-2011, 03:23 PM

Trust me, you do not want Jamal Crawford. We had him for half a season and if you think Ellis is a ballhog, look at Crawford. Crawford is an even bigger ball hog who gets 30 points off a FG% of 35%. Ellis > Crawford any day.

Kyben36
06-18-2011, 03:35 PM
I could not see dwight staying in golden state

MrFastBreak
06-18-2011, 04:03 PM
I'm glad you're not making roster decisions for the warriors- Also, we had Jamal Crawford...trust me Ellis is 10x the player

ellis 10x the player as crawford.lol.ur high right.he is a younger version of jamal crawford.just a better athlete,maybe a better defender thats it.dont get me wrong i like monta ellis,but i dont think he is that much better then crawford.this is not that bad of a trade offer for howard.the magic would probably prefer lee instead of edoh,though.

TheRunKiller
06-18-2011, 05:25 PM
warriors should be slapped for even trying to make this deal

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-18-2011, 06:30 PM
lmfao, this is like the worst trade offer ever:laugh:

ne3xchamps
06-18-2011, 06:33 PM
Wow would orlando get ****ed in the *** with no lube on this nonsense deal.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-18-2011, 06:37 PM

he has a horrible efficiency dude.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-18-2011, 06:41 PM
id take that deal over the ******** bynum and garbage for howard that laker fans think will happen

Magic fans are glad you are not Orlando's GM:phew:

What an horrible offer.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-18-2011, 06:42 PM

Ellis is the same player as Jamal, but less efficient.

djeller1139
06-18-2011, 07:11 PM
Pretty sure nobody knows the FULL details about this deal, so calling it such an awful deal is a bit of a stretch possibly. I'm not saying the Warriors made a GREAT offer, but there may very well have been picks or other players (Dorell Wright?) involved.

asandhu23
06-18-2011, 07:11 PM
kobe24, what the hell is up with you and hating Ellis? Did he rape your girlfriend? seriously every single thread where anyone other than me gives Ellis respect you are there shooting him down.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-18-2011, 07:30 PM
kobe24, what the hell is up with you and hating Ellis? Did he rape your girlfriend? seriously every single thread where anyone other than me gives Ellis respect you are there shooting him down.

Cuz it was a terrible offer or it was probably a fake report or just a rumour.

Cmon they are not so dumb to offer Ellis for Dwight.

NothingbutWill
06-18-2011, 07:35 PM

I mean this in the sense that Orlando will get a lot of offers from different teams over the next while, not strictly the Warriors

Probably the best comment on here by far

I'm sure the Warriors GM know it's a horrible trade and they're just testing the waters.

Kdirt
06-18-2011, 07:48 PM
If the Magic are stupid enough to take this they are screwed for the next 5-10 years. The Magic if they want to trade Dwight NEED some draft picks, maybe do a 3-team deal like the Carmelo trade.

They would be stupid to not trade him, he wont resign anyway.

dodie53
06-18-2011, 07:58 PM
not enough

5ass
06-18-2011, 08:27 PM

The funniest thing is monta is almost as efficient as kobe (53.6% to 54.8% in terms of ts%) yet kobe is great and monta is garbage.

Blazers#1Fan
06-18-2011, 08:36 PM
If I was the blazers I get in on this action for Howard I'd offer Batum or Wallace,Roy,Miller,Oden,Rudy Fernandez and a 1st in 2012 and 2014 for Arenas and Howard gives the Magic a few good young players gives them a center who could become good and Cap relief with Miller and with trading arenas contract gives them building blocks gives them picks and young Talent

Howard/Camby
Aldridge/Camby/(Draft pick)
Wallace or Batum/Babbit(Draft pick)
Matthews/Arenas
(FA or draft pick)/Johnson/Williams/Arenas

Oden
Bass
Wallace or Batum/Hedo
Roy/Rudy/Reddick
Nelson/Miller
+2 Picks

asandhu23
06-18-2011, 08:52 PM
The funniest thing is monta is almost as efficient as kobe (53.6% to 54.8% in terms of ts%) yet kobe is great and monta is garbage.

its amazing the amount of respect you get by being on a winning team.

sventhedog
06-18-2011, 09:30 PM
a decent offer considering they could lose dwight for nothing if they don't trade him.

orlando might want to try to include a bad contract in the trade.

ellis is an explosive scorer, but i've never really been a fan of undersized sg's such as iverson, arenas. they become less efficient earlier.

beidrins contract is a deal-breaker.

i'm not sure about udoh, haven't seen him play.

this deal is unlikely to go through.

valade16
06-18-2011, 09:58 PM
To the guy who mentioned the Blazers, they couldn't include Roy; his contract is too risky for a guy with knee problems.

But Oden, Batum, Mathews, and Miller plus 2 1sts would be a good trade for Howard and Arenas.

Magic get 3 young, good players at the 2,3 and 5 plus Millers expiring and 2 1sts, not to mention dumping arenas' cotract. Portland gets Howard and Arenas to help Roy at the 2 or even play the 1.

Portland:

Arenas
Roy; Rudy
Wallace
Aldridge
Howard; Camby

That's a way better offer than anything any other team is offering for Howard

DoMeFavors
06-18-2011, 10:02 PM
Kevin Martin > Monte Ellis

NothingbutWill
06-18-2011, 10:05 PM

The funniest thing is you're comparing Kobe with Monta.

There is no comparison.

xxplayerxx23
06-18-2011, 10:13 PM
A lot of ellis hate damn. He is a good sg come on not a good trade but to say he isnt good is crazy. Jason terry isnt ellis. ANyway before people start yelling at me for saying he is good, Ellis, lee edhou this years 1st next years 1st for Howard and arenes. IF they could they should get turk too!

xxplayerxx23
06-18-2011, 10:15 PM
And how to you say crawford is better are you kidding me?? Really??

BadBoyPistons
06-18-2011, 10:16 PM
Dwight Howard as a Golden State Warrior would be a disaster. And I'd be shocked if Orlando were stupid enough to accept that package.

zo649117
06-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Why would Golden State do this? They are destined for doom and always have been. Dwight would never re-sign. Than what? Another ten years of having nobody???? really? Why would they do it? Would Orlando even agree to this when they can get say BOSH from miami, or even bynum and comp from the Lakers in a more realistic world?

asandhu23
06-19-2011, 12:52 AM

There is no comparison.

he is only comparing them to show that Ellis isn't THAT bad. no ****, Kobe is better.

asandhu23
06-19-2011, 12:54 AM
Why would Golden State do this? They are destined for doom and always have been.

**** you. Warriors were once the elite team to beat. Cohan era doomed us for a little while but we will get back there again. Cohan's mess is like Bush mess. It's going to take a little while to get back.

beermugs
06-19-2011, 12:59 AM
monta ellis is a good player im a nyk fan and hes a good player no doubt but for d12 its not a fair trade but whoever gets him will have a hellof a player bet that the kid can score i hope he goes to chi to team up with rosei think that would be a good tandem 4sho

WestCoastPhan
06-19-2011, 01:13 AM
Some of the shortsighted hate for the Warriors is ridiculous, even more so that people are acting like GS still has the same ownership and staff as the Cohan era.

COOLbeans
06-19-2011, 01:24 AM
Kevin Martin > Monte Ellis

I love it when people on here hate on MONTA Ellis. It shows how well informed and brilliant some of you are. :rolleyes:

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-19-2011, 02:04 AM

its amazing the amount of respect you get by being on a winning team.

regular stats:facepalm:

LA_Raiders
06-19-2011, 02:13 AM
come on GS you can do better than that ...

sf-fanatic
06-19-2011, 02:15 AM
Trade would be dumb because it would probably be Lee, Monta, Biedrins, Udoh, Dorrell for Gilbert, Howard, and Hedo.

Basically, it would be the cores switching other than Jameer and and Curry and Orlando would be stupid to trade.

And Orlando will probably STILL ask the warriors to draft for them because the warriors can't trade this years draft pick, but we can trade the player after he is drafted.

Curry
Thompson
Hedo
MLE
Howard

Jameer
Monta
Wright
Lee
Biedrins

Orlando would say no and laugh at us.

D Roses Bulls
06-19-2011, 03:29 AM
I'm guessing Tredigs thought this was a good deal. No it wasn't ;)

GSP
06-19-2011, 03:47 AM
Why would Golden State do this? They are destined for doom and always have been. Dwight would never re-sign. Than what? Another ten years of having nobody???? really? Why would they do it? Would Orlando even agree to this when they can get say BOSH from miami, or even bynum and comp from the Lakers in a more realistic world?

Time to wake up dude ... The Warriors are on the move ... quietly but surely they are building their house in order. The Jerry West move was a master stroke, a good assistant coach (defensive minded) , Mark Jackson needs to prove no doubt. A good young team which would make the playoffs if they were in the Eastern Conference .. Wake up Bro

GSP
06-19-2011, 03:48 AM
come on GS you can do better than that ...

I m sure they cud sweeten the deal

5ass
06-19-2011, 03:49 AM

There is no comparison.

Offensively? Right NOW? yes there is, look shaq last year was worse than kwame brown, doesnt mean he doesnt have a better career, but in the end i would rather have kwame right now on my team than a 40 yr old shaq

kikeyanez
06-19-2011, 04:15 AM
i seen it on the local news.. but that package aint goin to get it done.. here go one i cooked up
cavas get:
monta ellis
dorell wright
warriors 2nd round pick

magic get:
trade exp [labron james trade] from cavas
1st pick and 4th pick
11th pick via golden state

warriors get:
dwight howard

JDMVP
06-19-2011, 08:06 AM
Dang, seriously though a frontline of Dwight Howard, David Lee and Dorrell Wright looks scary. I think if your the Magic though obviously you can get a better deal.

flclfanman
06-19-2011, 09:09 AM
Sorry, but that's an awful package.

ORL needs more frontcourt depth and thats not going to cut it.

Better offers from CHI/MIA/PHI/LA/DAL/etc.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-19-2011, 10:43 AM
i seen it on the local news.. but that package aint goin to get it done.. here go one i cooked up
cavas get:
monta ellis
dorell wright
warriors 2nd round pick

magic get:
trade exp [labron james trade] from cavas
1st pick and 4th pick
11th pick via golden state

warriors get:
dwight howard

just awful.

JasonJohnHorn
06-19-2011, 11:21 AM
If i was the Warriors, I'd pretty much offer my entire team for Howard.

ichitownclowni
06-19-2011, 12:03 PM
lol terrible