PDA

View Full Version : How Tradable is LeBron James?

JasonJohnHorn
06-18-2011, 05:32 AM
Perhaps the best thing about signing James is not actually having him, but being able to trade him! He is a huge talent, the type of guy that could warrant three of four players in a trade, and considering how much revenue he generated for a small marker team like Cleveland (and I am speaking in relative terms, Cleveland is a pretty big marker, but pales next to other NBA cities like NY, LA, Chi-town and Toronto), he could turn a team around, or at least help make them profitable, and the length of his contract gives a team several years to build a contender. James likely would be a fna of a trade, but Miami could put themselves over the top for a title next season with the aquisitions they could get for him,

Orlando?
If Miami was willing to take up a bad contract (Areans or Turk) with Howard in exchange for James Anthony and lets say Miller (to make the salaries match), then Miami could end up with the rarest piece in the league right now: a dominant center.

Clippers?
Trading him to the Clippers could bring in Blake Griffen (who could play center) and Mo Williams.

Cleveland?
The Cavs could offer up the first and fourth pick, which in themselves could halp the Heat, but throwing in Varajao and/or Hickson would bring depth to a shallow bench, and talent to a starting line up that has two big holes. I expect this would never happen, but crazier things have happened.

Dallas?
Dallas could offer up Chandler (in a sign and trade) along with Terry and/or Butler, filling out Miami's starting line-up.

the Lake Show
The Lakers could offer Bynum and Artest, giving Miami a defensive SF with a 3point shot and a center.

Chi-town?
Chicago could offer up Deng and Noah.

New Yawk Sit-tea!
NY, Billups (whose expiring contract if a tradable asset) and Melo.

And there are plenty of other options.

So, who thinks that a LeBron James who is locked in for four more years, may serve the Heat better as trade-bait than as an onfloor contributor, and what other trades do you think could serve to make Miami better, and the team that would be taking on James better as well?

Kyben36
06-18-2011, 05:51 AM
cross the cavs off that list, that trade is Good, but not hapening, the cavs would trade for lebron just to bring him back to town and hand him in the streets.

bulls would not trade for him IMO, I just dont see it as an option, that trade would have never gotten the Cle lebron, and he is still the same tallented player.

Blake griffin wont be traded, IMO, I see the clips haning onto him, him getting injured, and being another cursed player.

only trade that might happen is for dwigh, but doesnt James have the right to waive any trade,

Mochalman
06-18-2011, 05:58 AM
DWade will get traded before LeBron ever will.

allSUAVE
06-18-2011, 06:42 AM
DWade will get traded before LeBron ever will.

loyalty does lie in perfesional sports

TylerSL
06-18-2011, 07:17 AM
He isnt. People need to get over this "trade one of the big 3" idea. None of the Big 3 are getting traded, Miami raped the East this year, and are only going to get better. They would be dumb to trade any of their core players

Note: When I say core I mean Wade/Lebron/Bosh/Haslem/Miller/Chalmers/Joel.

dodie53
06-18-2011, 08:07 AM
LBJ is not going to be traded

PHX2daDEATH
06-18-2011, 08:33 AM
if he doesnt bring a title to Miami in 2 years he will be traded..and if it ends like it did this year, n e xt year then Miami has to look at trading him then

Mplsman
06-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Regarding his trade value?

Beyond trade-able.

Heater4life
06-18-2011, 08:43 AM
When you have one of the most talented players in the league in his prime you dont trade him.

Fix flaws through F.A and draft. Hope for healthier role players next year. Allow chemistry and cohesion to make you a stronger team as time increase unity. And just get deeper talent wise.

sventhedog
06-18-2011, 08:50 AM
in terms of earning profit, there's no question about that.

you stated it well, he could warrant 3 or 4 players. along with lebron's choking ability, this could not be good for a team wanting to win.

that, in a way, somehow lowers his tradeability.

regarding his current situation, lebrons profitability, along with miami's belief that they're just a player or two away from winning a championship---makes this trade almost certainly unlikely.

JasonJohnHorn
06-18-2011, 09:51 AM
He isnt. People need to get over this "trade one of the big 3" idea. None of the Big 3 are getting traded, Miami raped the East this year, and are only going to get better. They would be dumb to trade any of their core players

Note: When I say core I mean Wade/Lebron/Bosh/Haslem/Miller/Chalmers/Joel.

The only reason the Heat wouldnt trade Chalmber and Anthony is because nobody else in the league wants them.

Haslem is a hard worker and worth keeping, most espcially at his current salary.

Miller spread the floor, can defend and rebound, perfect role player.

Bosh Wade and James are all tradable. If a good enough deal is offered, every player in the league that doesnt have a no-trade clause is available, meaning, everybody except Kobe is available.

And yes, if Orlando called up and offered Howard for James, Riley would pull the trigger on that in a heart beat.

JasonJohnHorn
06-18-2011, 09:54 AM
When you have one of the most talented players in the league in his prime you dont trade him.

Fix flaws through F.A and draft. Hope for healthier role players next year. Allow chemistry and cohesion to make you a stronger team as time increase unity. And just get deeper talent wise.

Wouldnt you rather Wade Bosh and Howard be the core three than James Bosh and Wade? Mike Miller is a great small forward, Haslem can play both PF and C and get starting minutes backing up Bosh and Howard. That would only leave one hole in the starting line up: PG. And free agency and draft can help fill that hole, as well as a trade.

ichitownclowni
06-18-2011, 10:03 AM
how is Kobe untradeable

Swashcuff
06-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Philadelphia 76ers Jrue Holiday and Andre Iguodala for LeBron James. Subsequently trade Brand for an expiring ship out Noc and sign Dwight in 2012. :pray:

blastmasta26
06-18-2011, 10:31 AM
The Orlando deal is the only one in which the Heat wouldn't be getting killed in the trade, and even that is not a great trade.

SwaggaIke
06-18-2011, 10:31 AM
Pat wouldn't even answer the phone for any team you mentioned but Orlando or LA. The only reason he would is because he values franchise bigs over franchise wings & he always has. Blake Griffin is a problem, but he's not in LeBron's tier & his ceiling isn't higher. Also, you never trade a superstar commodity for unproven draft picks.

NYYCowboys
06-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Lol I love how some teams give up basically nothing in those proposals, and the Knicks gotta give a huge expiring AND Melo (which the Heat are still getting killed in that trade). Not that it matters though, Lebron is already crumbling under the pressure in Miami imagine him in NY. The guy would have a nervous breakdown.

metsbulls1025
06-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Does anyone think for a minute Dwayne Wade would allow or even be OK with the Heat trading Lebron James? He was obviously a huge part in getting both Chris Bosh and Lebron James into Miami. They are best friends. Way to soon into this 3 some for anyone to get traded.

Quietmoney
06-18-2011, 11:13 AM
That's ok... I'll keep Melo. You don't have to be the most talented player in my book. I just want one that isn't scared of the moment. And I don't think any of them will be traded. It's something that there gonna stick with. But if I was Orlando I would make the trade because their gonna loose Dwight for nothing in return if he hits free agency and decides not to sign with them.

effen5
06-18-2011, 11:29 AM
Lebron would never make it in Chicago or NYC......Our media would destroy him.

killbumdeluxe13
06-18-2011, 11:55 AM
hes not tradable. theres no way you get enough combined talent to even match what he does. plus any gm that trades Lebron is going to have a mass demonstration outside of their office from the fans. he came up short again this year, but trade talk is just plain silly.

Mr Haha
06-18-2011, 11:58 AM

Smartest thing I've seen on this thread. If LeBron played under the NYC media scrutiny for five years or so, he'd become one of those freaky looking, washed up celebrities, like Michael Jackson or Elvis late in their careers.

theheatles
06-18-2011, 12:07 PM

:crazy:

if lebron was in nyc or chicago their media would defend lebron til death...lebron gets blasted nationally, and those media markets destroy lebron already because they are jealous

tcav701
06-18-2011, 12:12 PM
:crazy:

if lebron was in nyc or chicago their media would defend lebron til death...lebron gets blasted nationally, and those media markets destroy lebron already because they are jealous

Of course they would defend him or at least the fans would. You guys defend him on PSD even thought you each know he is a doche.

Hate to break it to you but nobody is jealous. People just dont like the guy they want to see him fail because of his arrogance.

In fact, ESPN had a simple poll up the day of game 6 of the finals. The poll asked who do you want to win tonight, Dallas or Miami?

Not only did Dallas win 75% of the national vote, they won each individual state. Yes, including the state of Florida.

pd1dish
06-18-2011, 12:23 PM
Lebron is still the most valuable trade asset in the league because he is still the best player in the league. although, if im Miami, i dont go in to panic mode just yet. id give it another year or two before i even thought about trading Lebron.

The Flash
06-18-2011, 12:29 PM
That's ok... I'll keep Melo. You don't have to be the most talented player in my book. I just want one that isn't scared of the moment. And I don't think any of them will be traded. It's something that there gonna stick with. But if I was Orlando I would make the trade because their gonna loose Dwight for nothing in return if he hits free agency and decides not to sign with them.

but Melo never gets "there"...how could he be scared

shep33
06-18-2011, 12:35 PM
only player I'd trade him for is Dwight.

BALLER R
06-18-2011, 12:47 PM
if miami doesn't win a championship in the next 2 years i think bosh gets traded before lebron does

BALLER R
06-18-2011, 12:48 PM
wade is to miami like kobe to the lakers. You don't trade those guys.

knickfan33
06-18-2011, 12:52 PM
its not going to happen.... Pat reily is not going to admit defeat after one or two seasons and trade lebron... he will be on heat for at least 2 more years.

Swashcuff
06-18-2011, 12:55 PM
Of course they would defend him or at least the fans would. You guys defend him on PSD even thought you each know he is a doche.

Hate to break it to you but nobody is jealous. People just dont like the guy they want to see him fail because of his arrogance.

In fact, ESPN had a simple poll up the day of game 6 of the finals. The poll asked who do you want to win tonight, Dallas or Miami?

Not only did Dallas win 75% of the national vote, they won each individual state. Yes, including the state of Florida.

So true on everything.

People who seriously think that Chicago, NY, LA or any other media house is going to blast LeBron if he happens to play in their state is being ridiculous. Had he gone to any of those destinations he would be King not only to their fans but also to their media.

Jsoul101
06-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Chris Bosh should replace Lebron James as the title
anyone they should replace out of the big 3 ..it'd be him..
Getting paid 14mil to be a role player most of the time
Unclutch at key moments..
Trade Bosh back to the Raptors =)

Edit:
For Bargnani ...so next year if Heat vs Mavs.
The Heat will have a Dirk alike on the team to win the finals =D

SwatTeam
06-18-2011, 01:58 PM
Some the trade proposals mentioned here baffle me. If Pat Riley just got the best free agents last year on the market (not including Dirk because he was NEVER leaving Dallas nor did he visit other teams) he isn't going to trade Lebron for the poo-poo platter. If you have arguably the best player in the league IN HIS PRIME, you can only trade for another superstar - not quasi-stars with potential and what ifs. So the Orlando trade is the only option here.

But like I said, Pat Riley showed he is the best GM in the league when it comes to assembling a team (Gar Forman co-winning executive of the year was a joke to me in comparison to what Riley did). Lets wait to see what tricks he has under his sleeve. If he can pull off the best 3 FA's to his team in one summer, let's see who he can get this summer with a hard cap and limited cap space - his owner always makes him work under the luxury tax anyways so he doesn't have to worry about trying to adjust to a hard cap. I can see someone taking a huge discount if the MLE is still around and pissing everyone off around the league again. So please, get rid of the MLE under the new CBA or else we're all doomed.

DaBUU
06-18-2011, 02:01 PM
Chi-town?

I'm down for that!

Kenny
06-18-2011, 02:13 PM
People actually think Lebron has a chance to be traded? LMAO come back to reality will ya please

Nicolas007
06-18-2011, 02:13 PM
Lebron going nowhere so cut these kinda posts...

Ethix11
06-18-2011, 02:23 PM
I would only do the Orlando trade. But in reality, all the Heat need is an offensive minded Center and a Point Guard who attacks the basket. Alot easier said than done but would cause havoc because it would be a more unpredictable offense. That said i suggest they stay put. But if that Orlando trade were available, i would not hesitate to pull the trigger.

JB0B0
06-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Any team would take LeBron

KingPosey
06-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Perhaps the best thing about signing James is not actually having him, but being able to trade him! He is a huge talent, the type of guy that could warrant three of four players in a trade, and considering how much revenue he generated for a small marker team like Cleveland (and I am speaking in relative terms, Cleveland is a pretty big marker, but pales next to other NBA cities like NY, LA, Chi-town and Toronto), he could turn a team around, or at least help make them profitable, and the length of his contract gives a team several years to build a contender. James likely would be a fna of a trade, but Miami could put themselves over the top for a title next season with the aquisitions they could get for him,

Orlando?
If Miami was willing to take up a bad contract (Areans or Turk) with Howard in exchange for James Anthony and lets say Miller (to make the salaries match), then Miami could end up with the rarest piece in the league right now: a dominant center.

Clippers?
Trading him to the Clippers could bring in Blake Griffen (who could play center) and Mo Williams.

Cleveland?
The Cavs could offer up the first and fourth pick, which in themselves could halp the Heat, but throwing in Varajao and/or Hickson would bring depth to a shallow bench, and talent to a starting line up that has two big holes. I expect this would never happen, but crazier things have happened.

Dallas?
Dallas could offer up Chandler (in a sign and trade) along with Terry and/or Butler, filling out Miami's starting line-up.

the Lake Show
The Lakers could offer Bynum and Artest, giving Miami a defensive SF with a 3point shot and a center.

Chi-town?

New Yawk Sit-tea!
NY, Billups (whose expiring contract if a tradable asset) and Melo.

And there are plenty of other options.

So, who thinks that a LeBron James who is locked in for four more years, may serve the Heat better as trade-bait than as an onfloor contributor, and what other trades do you think could serve to make Miami better, and the team that would be taking on James better as well?

Please, tell me something that has happened in the world of NBA trades that would be a crazier situation than that?

Thats ridiculous.

And to answer the question, LBJ is extremely tradable, because every team would want his talent. I think there is really only 1 team with the talent Miami MIGHT consider trading him for.

strokeman
06-18-2011, 03:08 PM
i know a lot of people is against trading LBJ but i believe a LBJ for Howard will be good for both teams. Mia gets a player that better complements Wade with his ability to run the floor, score in the post, rebound, block shots. Orlando gets the best player in the game in LBJ. I donít think the system in MIA works for wade and LBJ playing together.

bulls leakage
06-18-2011, 03:25 PM

Not one to be a grammar nazi, but that spelling is just painful.

professional*

MU and UW Fan
06-18-2011, 03:26 PM

You never know. Who thought the Packers would trade Favre away. Worked well for them because Rodgers is a beast. They will do what is best for the franchise. Wade is injury prone and will not last a long time in the league. Right now I take Wade over James, but 4 years from now more than likely you would take Lebron.

FadeAwayLikeMJ
06-18-2011, 04:26 PM
Trading LeBronze would be extememly foolish.

1st year together and they are in the Finals. Not too shabby if you ask me.

It hurts to say it but I see them with the trophy next year

12to85
06-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Best situation for Miami is to get Howard for LBJ

Marlin234
06-18-2011, 07:42 PM

So I'm guessing they really destroyed rose dice lebron dominated him huh?

JNA17
06-18-2011, 07:49 PM
how is Kobe untradeable

no trade clause.

Jewelz0376
06-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Artest and Bynum/Pau for Lebron...lol get it done mitch

desertrat218
06-18-2011, 07:56 PM
Are you sure Lebron doesn't have a no-trade clause contract or require his approval for a trade?

Raph12
06-18-2011, 08:21 PM
The Orlando deal is the only one in which the Heat wouldn't be getting killed in the trade, and even that is not a great trade.

Are you high? Riley would ship Lebron's *** out instantaneously if he got a call from Otis about a LBJ-D12 swap. Dwight would make the Heat instant favs and nearly unstoppable, he'd give them the low-post dominance on both ends of the floor. Defensively they were a Top 5 team, now put the best defensive player in the league (3 years running) on that team and they become the best team in basketball... Orlando would get worse with Lebron, they are setup to have a dominant defensive big anchor the middle, but without Dwight that defensive scheme goes out the window.

TylerSL
06-18-2011, 08:23 PM
The only reason the Heat wouldnt trade Chalmber and Anthony is because nobody else in the league wants them.

Haslem is a hard worker and worth keeping, most espcially at his current salary.

Miller spread the floor, can defend and rebound, perfect role player.

Bosh Wade and James are all tradable. If a good enough deal is offered, every player in the league that doesnt have a no-trade clause is available, meaning, everybody except Kobe is available.

And yes, if Orlando called up and offered Howard for James, Riley would pull the trigger on that in a heart beat.

no Miami wouldnt. They wouldnt give up Lebron for Howard. Miami chose their 3 in Wade/Lebron/Bosh. That team destroyed the East. Its dumb to think that they should trade anybody.

KingPosey
06-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Are you high? Riley would ship Lebron's *** out instantaneously if he got a call from Otis about a LBJ-D12 swap. Dwight would make the Heat instant favs and nearly unstoppable, he'd give them the low-post dominance on both ends of the floor. Defensively they were a Top 5 team, now put the best defensive player in the league (3 years running) on that team and they become the best team in basketball... Orlando would get worse with Lebron, they are setup to have a dominant defensive big anchor the middle, but without Dwight that defensive scheme goes out the window.

The magic ignore DH for long periods of time during games for some reason. I dont think they get that much worse for sure. If he gets to the finals in Cle, he can take that Orl team for a ride.

BcEuAbRsS
06-18-2011, 11:14 PM
Lebron isnt getting traded... That exact same team that everyone wants to blow up was 2 games away from a title... the Miami Heat will be fine and if anything have learned that they cant coast to ring like maybe they thought...

drobe86
06-18-2011, 11:19 PM
I dislike Lebron James as much as the next man. But theres no way in hell he gets traded. He has too much talent and ability. He's mentally weak, and fades when the game is on the line. But he's too good in quarters 1-3 to consider trading him. James is probably one of the 3 most gifted players in NBA history. If he ever gets it upstairs and grows a pair he'll be one of the all time greats of the game.

playmaker_41
06-18-2011, 11:23 PM

agreed, none of these are good trades

Beltrans Mole
06-18-2011, 11:28 PM
I dislike Lebron James as much as the next man. But theres no way in hell he gets traded. He has too much talent and ability. He's mentally weak, and fades when the game is on the line. But he's too good in quarters 1-3 to consider trading him. James is probably one of the 3 most gifted players in NBA history. If he ever gets it upstairs and grows a pair he'll be one of the all time greats of the game.

I'm not a Heat fan by any means, but I really can't over the hate on LBJ. PSD threads about him are becoming so ridiculous...the guy is the best player in the NBA. He took the team on his back against the Celtcs and Bulls and came up short against the Mavs...**** happens. Doesn't mean he can't win a ring. He's 26 years old and the Heat will have many chances.

AnalyzeNShoot
06-18-2011, 11:41 PM
LBJ Cavs Jersey >>> LBJ.

it all depend if u wana wing rings or season games.

JordansBulls
06-18-2011, 11:53 PM
Dwight for LBJ

mohye
06-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Lebron James is the best player in basketball...but if im Mia I would welcome a trade for DH12... that gives you a much more balanced team and would almost guarantee multiple chips unlike the team now

Sly Guy
06-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I would laugh so hard if LBJ was shipped back to CLE.

Mane
06-19-2011, 03:54 PM
wow, people are severely undervaluing lebron.

if melo and dwill get traded for an entire team+their future, why would lebron not field the same x 2?

drobe86
06-19-2011, 04:01 PM
wow, people are severely undervaluing lebron.

if melo and dwill get traded for an entire team+their future, why would lebron not field the same x 2?

People are hating on james i agree... but what are they supposed to do? James came into the league with all the hype and fanfare and basically hasn't done anything. The NBA actually tried to push this guy as being the next Jordan. 8 years later James is still Ringless:facepalm:

justOmazing
06-19-2011, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know if Lebron has a no trade clause? Please give a source if you do.

justOmazing
06-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Does anyone know if Lebron has a no trade clause? Please give a source if you do.

http://www.quora.com/Can-LeBron-negotiate-a-no-trade-clause-(similar-to-Kobe)-with-his-new-contract

I read this, but don't know if it is legit. Is this true?

nastynice
06-19-2011, 04:42 PM
With the big three standing as wade, james, and bosh, I think they should easily be the favorites to win it all next year. However, I dont think that makes james untradable. If Howard ends up teaming with an elite point guard on a team that knows how to build a team (like chicago), then the heat are probably gonna be effed.

I don't know what New York's situation is exactly, but if they start adding pieces this year and then get either cp3 or dwill, I'd probably put my money on them to win over miami. Or if Howard teams up with one of the elite pgs, I'd take them over miami too. The heat were so good this year because of their superior talent and ability. Period. James and Wade DON'T mix well at all, and if other teams start creating their own super teams, but much better balanced, then miami's whole plan of creating this monster will go down the drain. Well, maybe not exactly, they'll still compete (after all, they DO have wade, james, and bosh) and MAYBE win, but u get a guy like Howard paired with Bosh and Wade and its pretty much a lock to win it all.

I know everyone hates lebron, I get it, but this isn't really about hating on the guy, he's unquestionabley a top 3 player in the league, probably the best. Its more about Miami being able to create an even stronger team, which IS possible to do by trading Lebron. Of course, that's not to say this current big 3 is any slouch, they steam rolled the east, and probably will do the same again next year. But in 2 years, I can see much better balanced super teams being created.

justinnum1
06-19-2011, 04:46 PM
http://www.quora.com/Can-LeBron-negotiate-a-no-trade-clause-(similar-to-Kobe)-with-his-new-contract

I read this, but don't know if it is legit. Is this true?

true, need to at least 8 years for no trade clause.

LA_Raiders
06-19-2011, 04:48 PM
Riley can do a lot with LeBrick + Trash. I would trade him for:

CP3/Okaford, Howard/Nelson, Smith/Harford, Love/Rubio, Westbrook/Perkings, Bynum/Odom (No thanks I dont want that prick in LA)

LA_Raiders
06-19-2011, 04:50 PM
^ Miami would go from Big 2.5 to Big 3.5

iliketurtles24
06-19-2011, 04:56 PM
trade him to minny for flynn and the #2 ahaha

Htownballa1622
06-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Riley can do a lot with LeBrick + Trash. I would trade him for:

CP3/Okaford, Howard/Nelson, Smith/Harford, Love/Rubio, Westbrook/Perkings, Bynum/Odom (No thanks I dont want that prick in LA)

Not one of those are enough for lbj. Unless you threw in multiple picks.

nastynice
06-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Not one of those are enough for lbj. Unless you threw in multiple picks.

LBJ's not enough for Howard/Nelson. The rest, I agree with u

Htownballa1622
06-19-2011, 06:02 PM
LBJ's not enough for Howard/Nelson. The rest, I agree with u

Lol good point.that's the one I totally ignored ha.