PDA

View Full Version : Would Dirk have won more rings with the Bucks?

Hellcrooner
06-18-2011, 03:01 AM
yeah, draft day trade, Robert traylor for Dirk :facepalm:

Think bout this lineup for 1999 and 2000

Prime Cassell, Early Prime Ray Allen, Prime Glen Robinson, Young Dirk and Defensive stalwarth E Johnson.

How does that sound?

GREATNESS ONE
06-18-2011, 03:09 AM
No Cuban = No Rings

Saying that looking at that line up, that would've been fun to watch that shooting display.

Ebbs
06-18-2011, 03:17 AM
Playoff team but not a title contender IMO.

JasonJohnHorn
06-18-2011, 05:05 AM
It would have been pretty sick. Dirk would have given them the ability to move he and Johnson for a higher quality center, and with a smart pick like Redd, having Ray with Dirk in a starting line up (assuming Redd would play SF) sounds like a great line up, espcially with Cassel at the point.

Would they have won a title? I'm not sure, but Dirk would have been to the finals more than once considering how weak the east was from the time he was drafted up until now. The east is deeper than it has been since Jordan retired, but it wasnt until 2009 that I think the east had any more than two candidates for the finals. With 50 win teams making it to the finals against Western 60 wins teams, the finals were usually played in the western conference finals, and the NBA finals were just a formality. So Dirk likely would have won a ring earlier, and likely would have had more finals appearances, but those Western conference teams would have still been amazing.

How good would the Bucks have been? We will never know, but they certainly would have been contenders with a line-up including Dirk, Allen (arguably the two best shoooters in the league, one who creates well on his own, and one who is great at picking up shots off the screen), and two solid play makers in Cassel and Redd. The big question mark would have been robinson and johnson and whether or now the Bucks could have picked up a quality center to match-up with Shaq.

Interesting thread. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

sventhedog
06-18-2011, 08:55 AM
sounds like i could've dropped 50 against that lineup.

Chronz
06-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Those bucks were one of my favorite teams from that era but they were already elite offensively. Id be curious to know what the projections say.

davids22
06-18-2011, 03:39 PM
The Bucks WITHOUT Dirk made the Eastern Conference Finals in 2001 (or was it 2000? Can't remember) but lost to AI's 76ers. So that team was already good, a young Dirk would have only helped.

thekmp211
06-18-2011, 04:01 PM
needless to say, dirk was not the player then that he is now. they might have made it through a doughy eastern conference but the lakers would still have obliterated them.

Sixerlover
06-18-2011, 04:04 PM
He wouldn't have gotten the chance to develop the way he did in Dallas, as the #3 option behind Ray and Big Dog. AND they wouldn't have been together that long, because no team really stays together for more than 4 years in today's NBA. Long story short, no he wouldn't have won more rings

JordansBulls
06-18-2011, 05:01 PM
He wouldn't have developed that well there.

Delfiffer
06-18-2011, 05:05 PM
i dont think dirk would have been that good. He would be playing behind ray allen and sam cassell. The Bucks team wouldn't be his team, he wouldn't have been the no1 option

Bucks24226
06-18-2011, 05:24 PM
FML. We also traded Stephan Marbury, Dr. J, and of course Kareem. ****.

The_905
06-18-2011, 05:47 PM
Does any one use proper grammar anymore? This website is full of people who lack any sense of writing skills.

"Would Dirk HAVE Won more rings WITH the Bucks?"

So annoying..

Swashcuff
06-18-2011, 05:55 PM

This!

Had he developed into an MVP calibre player as a member of that Bucks team, I firmly believe he would have won at least one championship. They would have given the Lakers/Spurs a run for their. Pat Garrity was also included in that trade, though he's nothing special he would have been a serviceable back up to Dirk.

Swashcuff
06-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Does any one use proper grammar anymore? This website is full of people who lack any sense of writing skills.

So annoying..

You should go onto a Barcelona Forum where everyone speaks Spanish and see how well your grammar is. English isn't his first language but he does his best.

Chronz
06-18-2011, 06:09 PM
He wouldn't have gotten the chance to develop the way he did in Dallas, as the #3 option behind Ray and Big Dog. AND they wouldn't have been together that long, because no team really stays together for more than 4 years in today's NBA. Long story short, no he wouldn't have won more rings

Lol its almost as if you didn't notice but the bucks did a fine job developing redd playing behind 3 scorers.

A players career can take off anywhere, it can even flourish in such a location.

False

hgtiger32
06-18-2011, 06:27 PM

Dr. J was never on the Bucks. And Marbury was a draft night trade for Ray Allen. I think we won that one

Bucks24226
06-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Dr. J was never on the Bucks. And Marbury was a draft night trade for Ray Allen. I think we won that one
Yeah, we definitley drafted Dr.J you dick. http://www.basketball-reference.com/draft/NBA_1972.html look at the 12th pick. And I didn't know that about Marbury. lol my bad.

Jeremy22265
06-18-2011, 07:21 PM

Trading marbury was a great move because we got allen, Dr.j didnt get traded by us he chose to sign with the ABA TEAM tht drafted him and kareem wanted out atleast we got good players for him

MTar786
06-18-2011, 08:17 PM
IMO their only opportunity to win it would have been in 03
big dogg glen robinson was old and retired by then. allen was just entering his prime. dirk was good by 03 too.

i think they actually would have won against san antonio in 03

cassell/ollie
allen/redd
kukoc/tim thomas
dirk/mason
przybilla/johnson

with allen,redd,dirk,kukoc and thomas they could have been one of the best 3 point shooting teams of all time. imagine the court spacing for dirk in the post with allen, kukoc, redd and thomas there? or the penetration for cassel and allen with drik on the 3 point line along with everyone else lol. possitions 1-4 could shoot. then a decent center and defensive backup center.

i say they could have won in 03 because theres no way they would have beaten LA from 00-02. they wouldnt have beaten anyone in 04. and by 05 they wouldnt have been able to keep that core together anyway. in o3 they would have beaten new jersey and went to the finals. san antonio wasnt great in 03. they were defensively. but i dont see any defense stopping dirk and ray allen in their prime. hell, even michael redd at that time. and the times kukoc and thomas get an open three. they arent going to miss. cassel would hae whooped a young tony parker.

Cromedome
06-18-2011, 08:29 PM
A young Dirk on the Bucks would have been a failure. Dirk would have gave up on the NBA after 2 seasons and we'd never hear from him again.

dodie53
06-18-2011, 08:36 PM
what if
what if

drobe86
06-18-2011, 11:27 PM
No way that team was winning a ring. Not enough Defense lol..

The_905
06-19-2011, 01:15 AM
You should go onto a Barcelona Forum where everyone speaks Spanish and see how well your grammar is. English isn't his first language but he does his best.

How the hell am I suppose to know English isn't his first language, and how can you compare me going to a niche section within this ENGLISH speaking website, the same thing?

Please...

LA_Raiders
06-19-2011, 03:22 AM
Nice team, but would lose to Kobes lakers

HouRealCoach
06-19-2011, 03:31 AM
Im sorry but Allen and Cassell would be trying to be the leaders and Dirk wouldve became nothing more than a KVH type player... A white big that can knock down the three

D Roses Bulls
06-19-2011, 03:37 AM
yeah, draft day trade, Robert traylor for Dirk :facepalm:

Think bout this lineup for 1999 and 2000

Prime Cassell, Early Prime Ray Allen, Prime Glen Robinson, Young Dirk and Defensive stalwarth E Johnson.

How does that sound?

why are you face playing it? who heard of dirk in 98? plus the bucks dont spend money like cuban does.

PurpleJesus
06-19-2011, 03:40 AM
my god, that would have been sweet to see that team shoot jumpers for days...Cassel is one of the best mid rang PG's of all time, Jesus Shuttlesworth possibly has the best pure jumper ever, glen and dirk can stroke it from anywhere...man, that's a team that would be able to light it up!!

PurpleJesus
06-19-2011, 03:42 AM

So annoying..

its tha intanet brah, get used to it.

Swashcuff
06-19-2011, 01:04 PM
How the hell am I suppose to know English isn't his first language, and how can you compare me going to a niche section within this ENGLISH speaking website, the same thing?

Please...

A BARCELONA!!! I didn't say on PSD. And if you'd take the time to click on the poster public profile instead of outright blasting him you'd see that he's from Spain.

ne3xchamps
06-19-2011, 01:11 PM
Playoff team but not a title contender IMO.

Agreed.

MU and UW Fan
06-19-2011, 01:27 PM
The Bucks never had Dirk. That trade was set up weeks before the draft. The Bucks had never scouted Dirk and didn't know what to think of European players at that time. If that trade was not set up there was no way the Bucks were going to take Dirk. They had no interest in him. Many people don't know the whole story and think the Bucks were going to keep him until the Mavs came in with that offer, even though it was set up weeks in advance.

topdog
06-19-2011, 01:27 PM

For Ray Allen. Trust me, T-Wolves fans would take that one back. Could've had Boston's Big Three in Minny in their prime.

BALLER R
06-19-2011, 01:30 PM
and what if T-mac didnt leave the raptors and him and vince had played together longer than they had

HoopsDrive
06-19-2011, 01:58 PM

Please...

Proper grammar huh? :rolleyes:

LongWayFromHome
06-19-2011, 02:45 PM
The Bucks never had Dirk. That trade was set up weeks before the draft. The Bucks had never scouted Dirk and didn't know what to think of European players at that time. If that trade was not set up there was no way the Bucks were going to take Dirk. They had no interest in him. Many people don't know the whole story and think the Bucks were going to keep him until the Mavs came in with that offer, even though it was set up weeks in advance.

this.

You might as well say "would Dirk have won more rings with the Sonics?"