PDA

View Full Version : The Best Deal for Orlando Magic's Dwight Howard

Pages : [1] 2

oval57sanch
06-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Lets face it. Orlando is not winning the ship next year which means he is out. He has publicly said he will hit free agency, blah, blah, blah. Orlando would be stupid not to trade him and at least get something in return. What is the best trade out there possibly? Note, i am a Laker fan so i still believe the Bynum deal is the best. What is yours?:clap:

Lakers Get:
Howard
?

Orlando Gets:
Bynum
?

djeller1139
06-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh, #11 overall pick, plus whatever else they want not named Stephen Curry.

It's a pipe dream though.

knickfan33
06-17-2011, 05:52 PM
not at all..... OKC has the best peices... i would take Westbrook/ibaka/perkins.... way better deal then bynum and anyone else lakers can include

and that deal is great for both teams.... gives orlando a future and leaves okc with a core of dwight harden and durant

210Don
06-17-2011, 05:52 PM
parker ginobili hill blair 4 d12 done deal!

oval57sanch
06-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Note: this is a trade scenario for Orlando. This isnt a thread about Howard hitting free agency on his own terms.

knickfan33
06-17-2011, 05:56 PM
not to mention you would have to include bnum and gasol in any deal... and in still would rather have perkins and ibaka

knickfan33
06-17-2011, 05:56 PM

why ould orlando even consider that

towlsmoke420
06-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Bynum+Odom+Blake+joe smith for D-12+Nelson

than trade brown for jj (backup for the bigs)

oval57sanch
06-17-2011, 05:58 PM
not to mention you would have to include bnum and gasol in any deal... and in still would rather have perkins and ibaka

Really? As your big man you'd rather have Perkins than Bynum? :confused:

knickfan33
06-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Really? As your big man you'd rather have Perkins than Bynum? :confused:

not over bynum straight up... but when you consider othr peices in trade its a better deal...its gonna take more then one player straight up to get howard.

bynum has bad knees...never good for a big man
pau is getting old and hes soft as ice cream.
and who else they gonna give.... odom??? its gonna take more to get dwight

with OKC your getting a big man to replace the defensive precense you lost with howard in perkins...
a young stud PF in ibaka who can make up for some the offence you lost with howard.
and a young PG who can defeintly develop into a major star.

better then the old, injury prone talent the lakers can give them.

S-Dot
06-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Does any team in the Western Conference honestly have the pieces to get D12 besides LA? We need a balance of power in the conferences and the East is getting quite stronger nowadays even though the Mavs won the finals.

MrFacepalm
06-17-2011, 06:06 PM

:facepalm:

knickfan33
06-17-2011, 06:07 PM
Bynum+Odom+Blake+joe smith for D-12+Nelson

than trade brown for jj (backup for the bigs)

really? why in gods name would orlando make these deals... can you guys at least be realistic..

in that case the NYK should trade billups, feilds , jared jeffries, and bill walker for him.... done deal

towlsmoke420
06-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Bynum+Odom+Blake+smith for d-12+nelson

trade brown for jj hickson

LINEUP

Jammer Nelson
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Pau Gasol
Dwight Howard

JJ Hickson
Barnes
Fisher

knickfan33
06-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Does any team in the Western Conference honestly have the pieces to get D12 besides LA? We need a balance of power in the conferences and the East is getting quite stronger nowadays even though the Mavs won the finals.

why does eveyrone think LA has thebest peices... i think the thunder do.. everyone on LA is old, or injury prone.... dont you think orlando would want a future f they traded dwight... rther then be an OK team for two season with bynum and gasol.

ManRam
06-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Of the three most popular teams, NJ, Chi and LA, I like a package around Bynum the best, a package around Lopez the second best and a package around Noah and Deng/Boozer the least. I don't like either of them really at all, but whatever. I think LA is more likely also because it's A) a Western Conference team and B) it's a better fit for him: he can go there and be the man as Kobe starts to decline, and that's something he wants. He goes to Chicago and he has to share everything with Rose, something he said he's not interested in. If he goes all Carmelo and starts naming teams and preferences, I really would imagine LA would be the place. But he has said to the contrary at times...and I am not a mind reader.

Whoever he gets traded to, if he gets traded (I'm not sure he will), is going to have to take on Hedo or Gil's contract. That's a guarantee. Don't make a proposal without that in mind.

oval57sanch
06-17-2011, 06:10 PM
not over bynum straight up... but when you consider othr peices in trade its a better deal...its gonna take more then one player straight up to get howard.

with OKC your getting a big man to replace the defensive precense you lost with howard in perkins...
a young stud PF in ibaka who can make up for some the offence you lost with howard.

Orlando is gonna want to include one of their bad contracts: Arenas, Turk, possibly Reddick.

towlsmoke420
06-17-2011, 06:11 PM
:facepalm:LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.. keep smoking that pipe

whats wrong with my trade?

knickfan33
06-17-2011, 06:13 PM
Orlando is gonna want to include one of their bad contracts: Arenas, Turk, possibly Reddick.

yeah well i dont think that means they make a trade for worse players to do that.... im just laughing at people thinking bynum and odom are gonna be enough to get dwight.....

and trying to justify the trade by throwing in blake....lol... not even close.

if he gets traded they are going to want young healthy players in return.... not anyone from the lakers.

oval57sanch
06-17-2011, 06:14 PM
Of the three most popular teams, NJ, Chi and LA, I like a package around Bynum the best, a package around Lopez the second best and a package around Noah and Deng/Boozer the least. I don't like either of them really at all, but whatever. I think LA is more likely also because it's A) a Western Conference team and B) it's a better fit for him: he can go there and be the man as Kobe starts to decline, and that's something he wants. He goes to Chicago and he has to share everything with Rose, something he said he's not interested in. If he goes all Carmelo and starts naming teams and preferences, I really would imagine LA would be the place. But he has said to the contrary at times...and I am not a mind reader.

Whoever he gets traded to, if he gets traded (I'm not sure he will), is going to have to take on Hedo or Gil's contract. That's a guarantee. Don't make a proposal without that in mind.

Totally agree on including the bad contracts.....

knickfan33
06-17-2011, 06:14 PM
whats wrong with my trade?

its ridiculous..... lakers could offer bynum gasol and odom... and it would still be a terrable trade for D12.... why would orlando want a center with bad knees and and overaged swingman????

oval57sanch
06-17-2011, 06:16 PM
yeah well i dont think that means they make a trade for worse players to do that.... im just laughing at people thinking bynum and odom are gonna be enough to get dwight.....

if he gets traded they are going to want young healthy players in return.... not anyone from the lakers.

LOL, look at the history of trades that never got equal value in return, it happens!! Gasol for WHO? The Shaq trade to Miami, Shaq for Odom, Butler and Grant. That Melo trade? Most trades are off the scale, just saying.:o

towlsmoke420
06-17-2011, 06:16 PM

your saying that Orlando would not accept a Bynum+Odom+Blaker for Howard? lol you make no sense ....

Tdotraptors
06-17-2011, 06:18 PM
howard for lebron?

oval57sanch
06-17-2011, 06:18 PM
your saying that Orlando would not accept a Bynum+Odom+Blaker for Howard? lol you make no sense ....

I think Orlando wants to get younger and the only young piece the Lakers have is Bynum.

towlsmoke420
06-17-2011, 06:20 PM
I think Orlando wants to get younger and the only young piece the Lakers have is Bynum.

how about bynum+Character+Ebanks for Howard... is this better?

oval57sanch
06-17-2011, 06:31 PM
how about bynum+Character+Ebanks for Howard... is this better?

Honestly i think Orlando wants to throw in Arenas or Turk's contract, so that deal wont work.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Ok, i THINK i have a trade that is possible to get Mayo and Dwight to the Bulls..

-O.J Mayo:
Memphis Recieves: Kyle Korver, and picks
Chicago Recieves: O.J. Mayo

My reasoning: To me Kyle Korver does not fit our Defense-First System. Im not a big believer that Korver is a small forward, and he is not the answer for our Shooting Guard Vacancy. I do not like him as a Sixth-Man off of the bench either, because he seems to take away our low post threat because of him throwing up off balanced shots.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4al4cgt

-Dwight (DH12/Superman) Howard:
Orlando Recieves: Boozer, Noah, Asik, Deng. (Maybe Picks?)
Chicago Recieves: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turk, and a $3,128,536 Trade Exception.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3eaenff

My Reasoning: Now before any of you start crying/complaining about why i would give up deng. Well you gotta Give Some to Get Some and i don't see how you dont give up deng for Dwight F***ing Howard. You get your second SUPERSTAR that the bulls need, since noah puts up 1pt, 5 rebounds in the playoffs..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now here: The Bulls get they're Shooting Guard who can create his own shot, plays good-decent Defense. He can also shoot mid-range, 3 Pt, and put his head down and drive.
http://www.nba.com/statscube/player....J.-Mayo|201564

They also get the Second Superstar rose needs to relieve the pressure off of him. Dwight Howard will create a maor low post presence and can require a double team which will give TAJ, alot of open looks. The Howard-Rose pick and roll could be lethal, along with the alley-oops.
http://www.nba.com/statscube/player....ht-Howard|2730
The Starting 5 would be:
SG- Mayo
PG- Rose
SF- Turk
PF- Taj
C- Howard
BENCH:
Brewer
Kurt "Big Sexy" Thomas
CJ Watson
Then Fill in the Rest With Free Agents: D.Stevenson? Peja? Dalembert? ODEN(if cheap)

NOW! dont call this a pipe dream or anything..because this is an IDEA, the point of threads is to say IDEAS!

ichitownclowni
06-17-2011, 06:44 PM
realy Bynum over Noah my @$$

JPHX
06-17-2011, 06:45 PM
howard for Bron is the best deal for both teams. ORL rebuilds and what better way than with James. Heat need a real center. Rebounds killed them against the mavs.

Shahrose
06-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Ok, i THINK i have a trade that is possible to get Mayo and Dwight to the Bulls..

-O.J Mayo:

My reasoning: To me Kyle Korver does not fit our Defense-First System. Im not a big believer that Korver is a small forward, and he is not the answer for our Shooting Guard Vacancy. I do not like him as a Sixth-Man off of the bench either, because he seems to take away our low post threat because of him throwing up off balanced shots.

My Reasoning: Now before any of you start crying/complaining about why i would give up deng. Well you gotta Give Some to Get Some and i don't see how you dont give up deng for Dwight F***ing Howard. You get your second SUPERSTAR that the bulls need, since noah puts up 1pt, 5 rebounds in the playoffs..
Now here: The Bulls get they're Shooting Guard who can create his own shot, plays good-decent Defense. He can also shoot mid-range, 3 Pt, and put his head down and drive.

They also get the Second Superstar rose needs to relieve the pressure off of him. Dwight Howard will create a maor low post presence and can require a double team which will give TAJ, alot of open looks. The Howard-Rose pick and roll could be lethal, along with the alley-oops.
The Starting 5 would be:
SG- Mayo
PG- Rose
SF- Turk
PF- Taj
C- Howard
BENCH:
Brewer
Kurt "Big Sexy" Thomas
CJ Watson
Then Fill in the Rest With Free Agents: D.Stevenson? Peja? Dalembert? ODEN(if cheap)

NOW! dont call this a pipe dream or anything..because this is an IDEA, the point of threads is to say IDEAS!

Id hate to see Korver go but if it lands us Mayo then it sounds good to me.
And I'd hate to see Omer go. Id love it if here were D12's backup. But if thats what it takes then id be down. Overall, your trades work for me and seem fair...or as fair as can be.

Slimsim
06-17-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't think Howard gets traded i do think he leaves orlando Otis would quit as GM Stan Van gundy and the rest of the coaching staff would either quit or get fired and Orlando becomes the New cavs and have to build form scratch coaching and everything

llemon
06-17-2011, 06:50 PM
Bulls can offer the best package if the act before June 30.

Noah, Gibson, Deng, Watson, Korver, Asik, Bogans, this years 2 1st rd picks and maybe one or two more future picks for Dwight and as much garbage as the CBA will allow Orlando to send to Chicago.

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Theyre alot of other teams who can give up more to aquire howard. However, They arent part of howards prefered locations.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-17-2011, 07:02 PM
Bulls can offer the best package if the act before June 30.

Noah, Gibson, Deng, Watson, Korver, Asik, Bogans, this years 2 1st rd picks and maybe one or two more future picks for Dwight and as much garbage as the CBA will allow Orlando to send to Chicago.

that is WAAAYYYYY to much...

Young and Stupid
06-17-2011, 07:06 PM
The Nets.

Let me preface this by saying that I believe it is in Dwight Howard's (and the NBA's) best interest that he join the Los Angeles Clippers through free agency. I also don't believe that the Magic will trade Dwight Howard because it's likely that there won't be any teams (that Howard is interested in) with the cap-space necessary to add him. I think they're going to test his willingness to be the villain -- obviously, he won't be looked at like LeBron, but he'll certainly be looked down upon -- so hopefully Howard his team can position it so that he doesn't look like the bad guy. Prepare him for a soft landing, so to speak.

For the purpose of this discussion, let's assume that an amnesty clause (which allows teams to remove a player's figure from cap considerations) isn't instituted with the arrival of the new CBA.

First, we should understand what the Magic will be looking to do when they trade Howard. It's obvious that the Magic aren't going to net a package that will put them in position to compete for a championship right away -- assuming they don't trade Dwight for LeBron -- so they'll be looking to create the best possible foundation to rebuild the roster and put themselves in position to compete down the road. What do the Magic need to do this? Young players, draft picks and flexibility.

The Lakers would conceivable offer a package involving Andrew Bynum, Pau Gasol or Lamar Odom, and future firsts for Dwight Howard and Gilbert Arenas.

If the Magic were to trade with the Lakers, they would be -- by far, of all the possible suitors -- in the best position to compete now. They'd have one of the NBA's best young centers and a top-15 player in Pau Gasol (or a top-25 player in Lamar Odom). However, the package wouldn't set them up great for the future. We've seen what injuries to the lower-half can do to young centers and Bynum has certainly had his share of injuries. There's a huge risk with obtaining Bynum -- he could develop into the second-best center in the NBA, but he could also suffer a career-ending injury. It should also be noted that Bynum could opt out of his contract within a year and look to join a team in a more favorable situation. Obviously, Gasol or Odom are on the downsides of their career, so adding them wouldn't do much for the long-term. Trading with the Lakers would also devalue the Magic's own draft-picks, in effect it would put them in Atlanta Hawks territory -- to good to get good draft picks, but not good enough to get over the hump.

The Bulls could offer a package like the one you suggested, Joakim Noah, Luol Deng, Omer Asik, Taj Gibson, CJ Watson and future firsts (one of which would be the Bobcats' pick which has good value).

The Magic would be getting several solid players, but none of them look to be impact players down the road. Joakim Noah is an elite hustle player and an above average defender, but he's not the type of player that you can build around. He's a great player to have on a good team, but not one that will make a mediocre team a good one. Asik is an elite-level rebounder, but he projects to be a bench big, as opposed to a starter. Gibson is a good hustle player, a good rebounder for his size and a versatile defender, but he's just a piece on a winning team. Watson is an average backup point-guard; nothing special. The Bobcats' first could certainly net the Magic a good player in what looks to be a stacked 2012 draft. The Bulls' package is solid, it really is, but it provides the Magic with the same problem that they run into with the Lakers. It makes them a mediocre team with some young players that project to be good pieces on a winning team, but not a team that will compete in the future. They're taking back too much salary (Noah and Deng) to have much flexibility in the future to use their assets to bring in an impact player (most likely through a trade).

The Nets would likely offer a package close to Brook Lopez, Anthony Morrow, Damion James (for those who are interested, HERE's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEniFsJO_yI) a highlight reel), and three future firsts (one of which would be the Rockets' 2012 draft pick) for Dwight Howard and Hedo Turkoglu.

Many fans seem to undervalue Brook Lopez, but general managers around the league don't. I'm not gonna go through the whole Lopez thing again, so you can find a piece on him HERE (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=601849) (you can also find a thread comparing him to Joakim Noah HERE (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609046)).

With the Nets' package, the Magic would gain, by the far, the most cap-space. They would still be left with Gilbert Arenas, but they would gain $20 million in cap-space. Obviously, they'd soon have to extend Lopez who will command a near max salary. So looking down the road, they'd gain close to $10 million in space. This flexibility could allow them to add quality player(s) in free agency or make a trade using their assets (draft picks and young players) to bring in a player with a relatively large contract.

The Magic would get the NBA's most promising young center in Brook Lopez, one of the league's best three-point shooters in Anthony Morrow, a solid young player with upside in Damion James, draft picks for the future and flexibility.

Now, if an amnesty clause were to be included in the new CBA then the Nets' package takes a huge leap and becomes, by far, the best package.

llemon
06-17-2011, 07:07 PM
that is WAAAYYYYY to much...

Perhaps Bulls can work out a better deal (but I'm betting Magic doesn't want Boozer).

Otherwise, you may have to do without Dwight.

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 07:08 PM
Id hate to see Korver go but if it lands us Mayo then it sounds good to me.
And I'd hate to see Omer go. Id love it if here were D12's backup. But if thats what it takes then id be down. Overall, your trades work for me and seem fair...or as fair as can be.

Korver is a very good shooter. hes made shots when his team needed them.

fin_frenzy_84
06-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Thunder has the best chance then bulls...

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Thunder has the best chance then bulls...

not true. Howard doesnt even want to go there. Oklahoma and chicago are not on his desired locations list.

MagicBucsSox
06-17-2011, 07:24 PM
Thunder indy and LAC have the best pieces. But it's all about where Dwight wants. Magic ain't trading him regardless

Kyben36
06-17-2011, 07:27 PM
bulls best involves boozer and Noah. realy high cap hit though.

nickdymez
06-17-2011, 07:31 PM
anyway, Gasol, odom, and 2 snd round picks.... make it happen

playmaker_41
06-17-2011, 07:34 PM
gortat, any wing players, not nash not hill, PHX would be instant contenders

PrettyBoyJ
06-17-2011, 07:37 PM
not at all..... OKC has the best peices... i would take Westbrook/ibaka/perkins.... way better deal then bynum and anyone else lakers can include

and that deal is great for both teams.... gives orlando a future and leaves okc with a core of dwight harden and durant

I actually Like this move both sides get a good deal

Shareeb_omac2
06-17-2011, 07:40 PM
He's going to end up staying in Orlando and all of you will have wasted your time arguing for nothing.

He said he wants to play for the Magic, Mavs, and Lakers. I'm a Mavs fan and I would love to have him but I honestly think he's staying put in Orlando.

cbreezy34
06-17-2011, 07:40 PM
Magic Recieve: Andre Igudola, Thaddeus Young, Evan Turner and the 16th pick for Dwight Howard

TheRunKiller
06-17-2011, 07:45 PM
why would orlando want bynum anyway? has he even played a full season yet?

llemon
06-17-2011, 07:49 PM
Does anyone in here realize that Magic want to dump Arenas and Hedo, and don't want Boozer?

Hell Yeah.

SpeeMN
06-17-2011, 07:51 PM
Kevin Love, Johnny Flynn, Pekovic, 2011 #2 & #20. If Dwight was willing to come to MN, we have the greatest packages to give out. We'll take Hedo's contract for more of our assets.

More-Than-Most
06-17-2011, 07:54 PM
Magic Recieve: Andre Igudola, Thaddeus Young, Evan Turner and the 16th pick for Dwight Howard

:pray::pray::pray::pray:

FlashMacker
06-17-2011, 07:55 PM
howard for Bron is the best deal for both teams. ORL rebuilds and what better way than with James. Heat need a real center. Rebounds killed them against the mavs.

I was saying that right after the Heat lost. I doubt it will happen but I would love Dwight Howard on the Heat and Orlando would get a young star who is really talented.

cbreezy34
06-17-2011, 08:02 PM
I think that Sixers offer is the best... unless of course the Heat are willing to part ways with Lebron. Iggy Turner Young 16th pick >>> Bynum Odom

Ni55anpat
06-17-2011, 08:11 PM
Pretty much all these trades are not gonna happen.

Only team i could see dwight going to is the lakers and bulls. (warriors maybe)

Why would dwight wanna go to the 76ers? Why would the thunder give me there big 3 for a dwight? Those trades do not make the teams a "winner" yet...

only way i see dwight going to the lakers is for a gasol and byn.

Bulls could give away boozer and noah for dwight and arenas? not sure if the salarys line up or not.

shep33
06-17-2011, 08:11 PM
LA can give up Bynum + Odom + Ebanks + picks

While Orlando can give up Howard plus a bad contract in Arenas or Turk.

Unless OKC gives up Ibaka + Westbrook or Harden + Ibaka they won't get him. Plus he may not want to play there, he wants a big market supposedly.

I personally think he'll be a Net in 2012 because for some reason Otis will not trade him. Instead of getting Bynum + another good player from LA, the Magic will probably end up with nothing if they let him go via free agency.

shep33
06-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Does anyone in here realize that Magic want to dump Arenas and Hedo, and don't want Boozer?

Hell Yeah.

This is what people don't get... If you want Howard you have to take back one of Arenas or Turk. LA and maybe Chicago seem like the only 2 teams that would want to do that.

djeller1139
06-17-2011, 08:18 PM
I think LAC would be best team do deal for him...

Move Kaman for something and give ORL DeAndre Jordan plus anything not named Griffin or Gordon...If they have to give up Eric Bledsoe then take Jameer Nelson back too I guess, but any core with Gordon-Griffin-Howard is a dominant one. Scary team with very little money committed...

Napalm
06-17-2011, 08:18 PM
i dont think any team can take both bad contracts of hedo and arenas except the clippers! so clipps trade the expiring contract of chris kaman 12mill plus a resigned deandre jordan at 7-9 mill plus mo williams set to expire in 2013 plus minnesota's 2012 1st rounder plus al farouq aminu and possible the clippers 2013 1st rounder for dwight,turk and arenas!

clipps roster- dwight bench- free agent/2nd rounder
blake gomes
prince turk
gordon foye
bledsoe arenas

Napalm
06-17-2011, 08:20 PM
i also dont think he's getting traded!

cbreezy34
06-17-2011, 08:27 PM
haha so u bash my trade but u think the Magic would wanna take on Boozers contract. Jrue Holiday Dwight Howard would be a sweet duo.

Ni55anpat
06-17-2011, 08:31 PM
that duo sucks

Chi StateOfMind
06-17-2011, 08:32 PM
LeBron for Dwight is the best deal.
After that Chicago and Thunder have nice cases with Lakers there as well.

justinnum1
If howard gets traded so will one or Orlando's albatross contracts(hedo or arenas) with dwight.

ragee
Lebron James...

marj987
06-17-2011, 08:34 PM
I know Dwight only said four teams he'd like to join and the Mavs was one of them....Sooooo for the Mavs I say...
Butler
Barea
Chandler
Draft Pick

Dwight
Draft Pick....

This is horrible isn't it?

justinnum1
06-17-2011, 08:34 PM
noah, gibson and deng for hedo and howard...not sure that makes the bulls better.

justinnum1
06-17-2011, 08:35 PM
I know Dwight only said four teams he'd like to join and the Mavs was one of them....Sooooo for the Mavs I say...
Butler
Barea
Chandler
Draft Pick

Dwight
Draft Pick....

This is horrible isn't it?

yes. those are all role players. Orlando needs at least an all star in return

Silent
06-17-2011, 08:43 PM
There.s no way in hell Arenas gets dealt in the same deal thats 30+ mill in cap some teams would have to trade half there line up.

I could see Dwight Reddick or Dwight Hedo And a throw in like Anderson

There's alot of teams that Dwight would put over, i Couldn't even imagine a Durant Howard Duo that would be tooo sick. Same as For Rose and Howard but of course Orlando gonna milk Howard for what ever they can get for him. There not gonna give up there star unless they get something = in return.

Shareeb_omac2
06-17-2011, 08:48 PM
If the Mavs were going to make an offer it would be...
-Caron Butler
-Roddy Buebois
-Tyson Chandler
-Brendan Haywood
-Multiple 1st round picks

For

-Dwight Howard
-Hedo Turkoglu

But, he's staying in Orlando... Imo

LakersMaster24
06-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Bynum + Odom + Blake + Future picks for Dwight + HEDO/ARENAS.

If you think this trade is HORRIBLE or BIZARRE, then your just simply hating.

Bynum - A All-Star to be, Top 3 Center in the NBA, young talent and replacement for Dwight.

Odom - NBA's 6th man of the year, great all around player that can give you 15 and 9 if he gets the minutes.

Blake - Solid back up point guard.

KingPosey
06-17-2011, 08:52 PM
The BEST deal Orl can get is from Miami for you know who. Now the fact that it might be a very good trade for both sides considering the factors, is negated by the fact it is pretty much not gonna happen.

Champology
06-17-2011, 08:58 PM
Noah
Deng
Taj
Asik
2 1st round picks this year
Charlottes future 1st rnd pick Bulls own

for

Howard
Turk

Raps18-19 Champ
06-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Miami Heat send Chris Bosh, Mike Miller, Chalmers and whatever pick they can send for Dwight Howard.

ManningToTyree
06-17-2011, 09:02 PM
Andy Rautins straight up

Raps18-19 Champ
Lebron James, Udonis Haslem, Joel Anthony, Zydrunas Illgauskas for Dwight Howard, and Jameer Nelson

C-Dwight
PF-Chris Bosh
SF-Mike Miller
SG-Dwyane Wade
PG-Jameer Nelson

Deadly.

Chi StateOfMind
Miami Heat send Chris Bosh, Mike Miller, Chalmers and whatever pick they can send for Dwight Howard.

Uhh LeBron not Bosh. R u serious, bro!!!

Raps18-19 Champ
06-17-2011, 09:03 PM

I just wanted to have Dwight, Lebron and Wade together.

Champology
06-17-2011, 09:07 PM
Reality:

A)Orlando will want to ship him out West
B)Arenas or Turk will be added to the deal
C)Orlando will want Younger players not old vets
D)you better have some high draft picks to give up
E)No Centers with tore up knees (Bynum)

Redbull
Joakim Noah, Taj Gibson, CJ Watson and 3-4 first round picks with one of those picks being the Bobcats pick.

GiantsSwaGG

:facepalm:

Shahrose
06-17-2011, 09:08 PM
If the Magic offered Howard to the Clippers for Blake + fillers/pick(s), do you think the Clippers would accept? I was having a debate with a friend earlier today about this

Napalm
06-17-2011, 09:12 PM
no blakes rookie season blew away dwights rookie season

Winning1
06-17-2011, 09:13 PM
From everything i have seen so far the bulls seem to have the best package to send to orlando. I do believe that they will want to move him west, but only OKC seems to have anything close to matching the bulls. The lakers always seem to pull off moves like this, but the bulls have noah, taj, asik, deng, picks and booz (in order of most desirable IMO). If i were the bulls id say take your pick

Champology
06-17-2011, 09:13 PM
If the Magic offered Howard to the Clippers for Blake + fillers/pick(s), do you think the Clippers would accept? I was having a debate with a friend earlier today about this

No....would the Bulls accept Rose for Lebron..No

NetsPaint
06-17-2011, 09:15 PM
No way. In his rookie season he made the All-Star team, was efficient, consistent, and proved he's a BEAST. I could see him getting at least one MVP award.

City of Angels
06-17-2011, 09:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

This seems the most realistic to me. Gives the Magic considerable Salary savings. Meanwhile we get a fourth quarter lineup of:

PG: Arenas
SG: Kobe
SF: Odom
PF: Gasol
C: Howard
On the offensive end i would run Odom at the point and move gilbert to the 2 guard and kobe to the 3. I would also use the MLE on a decent SF to start and bring LO off the bench where he was very succesful last year. Barnes could even start at SF and do a pretty good job if we cant find anyone for the MLE. Even better since the magic would probably buy luke walton after we trade him...why not sign luke to start for us??? JK

Shahrose
06-17-2011, 09:22 PM
No....would the Bulls accept Rose for Lebron..No

touche lol
but i was asking because I think its an interesting question

fishfan79
06-17-2011, 09:24 PM
lebron for howard

gives orlando a star to draw from and they will be in the playoffs year after year still and he is locked up for multiple years

gives mine a big 3 that would be sick and draw still while removes the issue with wade vs lebron for the ball at times.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-17-2011, 10:00 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

This seems the most realistic to me. Gives the Magic considerable Salary savings. Meanwhile we get a fourth quarter lineup of:

PG: Arenas
SG: Kobe
SF: Odom
PF: Gasol
C: Howard
On the offensive end i would run Odom at the point and move gilbert to the 2 guard and kobe to the 3. I would also use the MLE on a decent SF to start and bring LO off the bench where he was very succesful last year. Barnes could even start at SF and do a pretty good job if we cant find anyone for the MLE. Even better since the magic would probably buy luke walton after we trade him...why not sign luke to start for us??? JK

u need to save the trade before u paste the link..:cool:

xbaddboy619
06-17-2011, 10:01 PM
all u guys r talking about is the best deal for him. the best deal doesnt mean thats the 1 that the magic will get done. u guys r forgetting 1 important fact. if howard doesnt like the team he is traded to hes just wont resign with that team. so the team trading for him has to make sure howard would resign. so it has to be a team he would want to go to and what other team then the lakers would a big man like howard like to go to? in my opinion if the lakers go after him they will get him cause i can almost guarantee he would love to play in one of the biggest spotlight cities and to sweetin the deal he gets to play with kobe. if the lakers make a run at him u can almost call that a wrap done deal.

Jarvo
06-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Why are people actually going back and forth on who made the better trade?

AnalyzeNShoot
06-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Thunder can offer the best package
that includes Ibaka and westbrook.

That would be a steal for the magics considering the situation d12 has put them in

justinnum1
06-17-2011, 10:10 PM
Thunder can offer the best package
that includes Ibaka and westbrook.

That would be a steal for the magics considering the situation d12 has put them in

cant see the magic doing better than westbrook and ibaka

AnalyzeNShoot
06-17-2011, 10:14 PM
cant see the magic doing better than westbrook and ibaka

Not only that they save themselves from facing d12 in the east.
why hand the title to teams like bulls or the heat by trading to them.

BullsFTW
06-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Lets face it. Orlando is not winning the ship next year which means he is out. He has publicly said he will hit free agency, blah, blah, blah. Orlando would be stupid not to trade him and at least get something in return. What is the best trade out there possibly? Note, i am a Laker fan so i still believe the Bynum deal is the best. What is yours?:clap:

Lakers Get:
Howard
?

Orlando Gets:
Bynum
?

That's inevitable. I can make a strong argument that the Bulls package of Noah + Asik + Multiple Draft Picks are better than the Lakers offer.

But let's face it, the team that will have the best package is the team where Dwight wants to go.

PistonsFan14
06-17-2011, 10:19 PM
First a round of beers for the Magic's Front Office.

Then we offer anyone on the pistons roster.

:)

gaughan333
06-17-2011, 10:21 PM
I'd trade anyone not named derrick rose to the magic for d12 and whatever else theyd like to send us

JordansBulls
06-17-2011, 10:22 PM

Lakers Get:
Howard
?

Orlando Gets:
Bynum
?

No, not even close.

Noah, Boozer, Deng for Dwight, Bass and Hedo.

gaughan333
06-17-2011, 10:22 PM
all u guys r talking about is the best deal for him. the best deal doesnt mean thats the 1 that the magic will get done. u guys r forgetting 1 important fact. if howard doesnt like the team he is traded to hes just wont resign with that team. so the team trading for him has to make sure howard would resign. so it has to be a team he would want to go to and what other team then the lakers would a big man like howard like to go to? in my opinion if the lakers go after him they will get him cause i can almost guarantee he would love to play in one of the biggest spotlight cities and to sweetin the deal he gets to play with kobe. if the lakers make a run at him u can almost call that a wrap done deal.

Lakers fans are ridiculous

BullsFTW
06-17-2011, 10:25 PM

The Bulls can make a strong argument as well.

Big City
Winning Tradition
Global Recognition
No Shadows of Shaq
Enodorsement Deals
Adidas' opportunity marketing both Dwight & Derrick on the same team
A chance to win now and the next decade
co-executive of the year
COY
League MVP who's good friends with Dwight

MickeyMgl
06-17-2011, 10:29 PM

Lakers Get:
Howard
?

Orlando Gets:
Bynum
?

Bynum + [Orlando's choice of Gasol or Odom], for Howard + Redick. That'd be my proposal.

raiderNlakerfan
06-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Y would dwight wanna go to oklahoma wen he can go to l.a. D12 is hollywood. Thats his persona

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 10:50 PM

that is still a fair deal. Bosh is a legit 20/10 player.

amos1er
06-17-2011, 10:52 PM

I'm a Lakers fan and even I agree. If I were the owner of the Magic, I would take this deal over the Lakers deal any day....Lakers had better sweeten the pot.

amos1er
06-17-2011, 10:58 PM
That's inevitable. I can make a strong argument that the Bulls package of Noah + Asik + Multiple Draft Picks are better than the Lakers offer.

But let's face it, the team that will have the best package is the team where Dwight wants to go.

Wow Bulls fans...you guys aren't even in the running. No disrespect, but the Bulls landing Dwight is a pipe dream. No way will they trade in the eastern conference and no way do the Bulls have a good enough package for them unless they include Rose.

DA FRANCHISE
06-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Smh.y'all can't b that big of homers if he goes to la both gasol and mr broke legs will have to be in the deal. The best deal would b Noa,taj bobcats first and 2 future first

chris34
06-17-2011, 11:17 PM

-O.J Mayo:

The Starting 5 would be:
SG- Mayo
PG- Rose
SF- Turk
PF- Taj
C- Howard
BENCH:
Brewer
Kurt "Big Sexy" Thomas
CJ Watson

Ok #1 I hate this as a Bulls fan. We simply can't give up Boozer, Noah, Deng and Asik. #2 Korver and picks for Mayo ain't happening. Memphis has been clear that they wanted size for Mayo and now with Gay injury concerns, it would take a lot to pry him away. #3 If we get Hedo or Gilbert in a trade for D12 it had better be a JR Smith situation where they never see a minute on the court.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Wow Bulls fans...you guys aren't even in the running. No disrespect, but the Bulls landing Dwight is a pipe dream. No way will they trade in the eastern conference and no way do the Bulls have a good enough package for them unless they include Rose.

your an idiot...

nickdymez
06-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Bynum + [Orlando's choice of Gasol or Odom], for Howard + Redick. That'd be my proposal.

I would never trade gasol and bynum... ever... I dont care who we get back unless its micheal jordan...

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Ok #1 I hate this as a Bulls fan. We simply can't give up Boozer, Noah, Deng and Asik. #2 Korver and picks for Mayo ain't happening. Memphis has been clear that they wanted size for Mayo and now with Gay injury concerns, it would take a lot to pry him away. #3 If we get Hedo or Gilbert in a trade for D12 it had better be a JR Smith situation where they never see a minute on the court.

Ok, you hate having dwight howard and OJ Mayo on your team? I'm sorry i made a deal that is fair to BOTH sides of EACH deal...

and..
1. we simply CAN give up noah boozer deng and asik for DWIGHT HOWARD! to play with his buddy DERRICK ROSE..

2. because you know the F.O of the Grizzlies and know they're asking price has not dropped/changed? I think Korver and 2 Picks and its a deal..but hey that's me..

3. If we Get Hedo i believe/trust him enough to hold his own while playing with Rose, Howard, Taj, Mayo? Smith?

SANDBURG23
06-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Bulls:

Trade Noah-C, O.Asik-C, C.Boozer-PF, CJ.Watson-PG, 28thpk, 1strd'12, 1strd-Charlotte Hornets,(top 14 protected in'12, top 12 in '13 top 10 in 14, top 8 in '15, then no protection) for D.Howard-C, C.Douhon-PG, trade exemption from Gortat.

They get one of the best C's back, C.Boozer helps them score and rebound down low. One of the best young back-up C's in Asik. Up grade Douhon to Watson and dump Douhon longer bigger contract at same time. A late first round this year and a 2ndrd, Bulls 1strd next year and the future Charlotte pick.

The 2 million trade exwmption might also help the Bulls pull of another trade.

SANDBURG23
06-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Ok, you hate having dwight howard and OJ Mayo on your team? I'm sorry i made a deal that is fair to BOTH sides of EACH deal...

and..
1. we simply CAN give up noah boozer deng and asik for DWIGHT HOWARD! to play with his buddy DERRICK ROSE..

2. because you know the F.O of the Grizzlies and know they're asking price has not dropped/changed? I think Korver and 2 Picks and its a deal..but hey that's me..

3. If we Get Hedo i believe/trust him enough to hold his own while playing with Rose, Howard, Taj, Mayo? Smith?

No we can't trade Noah, Boozer, Deng and Asik for Howard it wouldn't work cap wise. Even taking just Turkoglu wouldn't do it, we would still need to take 4 million. We would have to take back 17 more million in cap space AKA G.Arenas-PG. We can't trade Deng also, or take Arenas(4 more years on his contract). Deng gone in the trade or Arenas coming back, we would be worse. Even if Memphis took your trade idea, which from what I've read they might, this roster don't look better.

D.Rose/G.Arenas/CJ.Watson-PG
OJ.Mayo/K.Bogans/R.Brewer-SG
MLE(G.Hill)/vet min/vet min
T.Gibson/vet min/vet min
D.Howard/K.Thomas/vet min

One of the vet min could be the 43rdpk. No SF, no bench scoring, no down low scoring besides Howard, we would have Arenas, one of our big advantages of being deep & talented down low would be gone. LeBron and Wade would eat our SG & who ever played SF alive. Even though G.Hill would become a possibility with the MLE, it still might not work.

koreancabbage
06-18-2011, 12:16 AM
Bulls:

Trade Noah-C, O.Asik-C, C.Boozer-PF, CJ.Watson-PG, 28thpk, 1strd'12, 1strd-Charlotte Hornets,(top 14 protected in'12, top 12 in '13 top 10 in 14, top 8 in '15, then no protection) for D.Howard-C, C.Douhon-PG, trade exemption from Gortat.

They get one of the best C's back, C.Boozer helps them score and rebound down low. One of the best young back-up C's in Asik. Up grade Douhon to Watson and dump Douhon longer bigger contract at same time. A late first round this year and a 2ndrd, Bulls 1strd next year and the future Charlotte pick.

The 2 million trade exwmption might also help the Bulls pull of another trade.

are you trying to make the Bulls the next New York Knicks... depth and all round play from everyone got Chicago to where they are. right now, Chicago is better than Orlando and really needs to find scorers. They don't need Dwight howard. they need a shooting guard and scorers.

if you get Howard, Rose will not be as special as he is. howard demands (and deservingly so) the ball a lot and every play will not be hoisting it to D12 for the alleyupe

SANDBURG23
06-18-2011, 12:24 AM
are you trying to make the Bulls the next New York Knicks... depth and all round play from everyone got Chicago to where they are. right now, Chicago is better than Orlando and really needs to find scorers. They don't need Dwight howard. they need a shooting guard and scorers.

if you get Howard, Rose will not be as special as he is. howard demands (and deservingly so) the ball a lot and every play will not be hoisting it to D12 for the alleyupe

The category is the best trade for Orlando, and the salaries have to match. Thats what would be required to make them match with moving the fewest peices. The reason the Bulls will have to look at him in FA or at the deadline, when they will have a few more vet min's on the roster so they can trade less talent and more salary expiring contracts to Orlando. And as for Boozer the Bulls are passively trying to dump him now. We would have been better off with D.Lee and his 4 million a year less contract.

If the Bulls signed 5 vet to the min they could come up with 6-7 million in expiring contracts to go with Noah, Asik & Gibson, plus the Char picks and other future picks for Howard at the deadline, if his available.

mVpDirk41
06-18-2011, 12:26 AM
LBJ for howard,nelson

SANDBURG23
06-18-2011, 12:43 AM
LBJ for howard,nelson

Doesn't work cap wise. This would work cap wise.

LBJ, M.Miller for Howard, Nelson. Not sure Orlando would be better though, seems like Miami would get better.

knickfan33
06-18-2011, 12:52 AM

why in gods name would you take that if ur orlando.... any deal from lakers is gonna include both gasol and bynum.. and i still wouldnt make that eal unless i was forced too.... odds are there will be deals offered that involve players with bright futures...not an overrated center with bad knees and and a 31 year old soft pf????

@whoever said the shaq and melo trade werent fair......yes trades arent always equal... but trades like the shaq and melo trade still involved young players with possble bright futures..... odom and butler where young and good when that trade went down.... denver got nothing but young players with bright futures for melo....

why would Orlando do this these trades if teams like OKC and Chicago could definetly get involved with much younger players with much higher upside then bynum and odom... come on now.

knickfan33
06-18-2011, 12:53 AM
LBJ for howard,nelson

miam is not going to admit defeat that quickly...there stuck with LBJ for at least 3 years

knickfan33
06-18-2011, 12:56 AM
No we can't trade Noah, Boozer, Deng and Asik for Howard it wouldn't work cap wise. Even taking just Turkoglu wouldn't do it, we would still need to take 4 million. We would have to take back 17 more million in cap space AKA G.Arenas-PG. We can't trade Deng also, or take Arenas(4 more years on his contract). Deng gone in the trade or Arenas coming back, we would be worse. Even if Memphis took your trade idea, which from what I've read they might, this roster don't look better.

T.Gibson/vet min/vet min

One of the vet min could be the 43rdpk. No SF, no bench scoring, no down low scoring besides Howard, we would have Arenas, one of our big advantages of being deep & talented down low would be gone. LeBron and Wade would eat our SG & who ever played SF alive. Even though G.Hill would become a possibility with the MLE, it still might not work.

i dont know how mayo magically gets there..... but any trade for orlando is going to include gibson...they will want him more then boozer

knickfan33
06-18-2011, 01:03 AM
Smh.y'all can't b that big of homers if he goes to la both gasol and mr broke legs will have to be in the deal. The best deal would b Noa,taj bobcats first and 2 future first

yeah its actually getting on my nerves that people think orlando would trade dwight for bynum and odom...lol... why in gods name would anyone do that... unless maybe the magic hire isiah...

look how much the knicks traded for melo... and every player in that trade was young with a future.... and you think dwight... a player who is in an absolut league of his own when it comes to centers will be traded for a center with knee problems and 35 year old swingman....lol

this is the leauges centers

1)Dwight
2)everyone else....

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-18-2011, 01:16 AM

T.Gibson/vet min/vet min

check my first freaking post..it WOULD work Salary wise..check the link on my original post...Noah,Boozer,Asik,Deng FOR Howard,Turk,3Mill trade exception...IT MATCHES UP! dnt argue
The time it doesnt work is when noahs new contract kicks in Post June 30th
i expect a touche once u find out im right

knickfan33
06-18-2011, 03:07 AM
check my first freaking post..it WOULD work Salary wise..check the link on my original post...Noah,Boozer,Asik,Deng FOR Howard,Turk,3Mill trade exception...IT MATCHES UP! dnt argue
The time it doesnt work is when noahs new contract kicks in Post June 30th
i expect a touche once u find out im right

i dont think this is a bad deal for orlando... but im pretty sure there gonna want taj too... more then they want boozer

TylerSL
06-18-2011, 04:41 AM
no it isnt. They could get alot more from somebody like Dallas, New Jersey, OKC, or Chicago.

SP17
06-18-2011, 04:44 AM
no it isnt. They could get alot more from somebody like Dallas, New Jersey, OKC, or Chicago.

who from dallas? roddy b and who?

TylerSL
06-18-2011, 05:39 AM
who from dallas? roddy b and who?

Dallas would have to resign these guys first, but I am sure they wont let these guys go in FA after winning the title, and they could use them as good trading peices to get somebody like Dwight. That is again, after the deadline to when they can be traded is up once they sign them. They could potentially make this deal at the deadline next year

Dallas could give

Barea, Beaubois, Haywood, Stevenson, and 2 firsts for Dwight.

This would be more than LA could give.

DJ Lemus
06-18-2011, 05:42 AM
Joakim Noah,Taj Gibson and Kyle Korver for Dwight Howard ! And note I am a Lakers fan,Lakers don't need Howard.

TylerSL
06-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Chicago could give
Brewer, Noah, Watson, and maybe a pick or two for Dwight

Dallas could give (once they resign these players, and at next years trade deadline)
JJ, Roddy B, Stevenson, Haywood, and 2 or 3 picks for Dwight

OKC could give
Harden, Collison, Sefelosha, Nate Robinson, and a first for Dwight and Jameer

New Jersey could give
Marrow, Farmar, James, Petro, and 2 or 3 picks for Dwight

All of these are more than LA could give

ChiTownPacerFan
06-18-2011, 06:25 AM
How about Roy Hibbert, Danny Granger, A.J. Price, Brandon Rush and draft picks.

I can dream can't I?

imagesrdecievin
06-18-2011, 07:18 AM
Chicago could give

Dallas could give (once they resign these players, and at next years trade deadline)

OKC could give

New Jersey could give

You forgot about Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries if Kris decides to re-sign with us.

BullsFTW
06-18-2011, 08:01 AM

You Lakers fan really overvalue Bynum. Please come back to earth. The boy is good, but he ain't that good. Who wants an injured selfish thug anyways

mike4sure
06-18-2011, 09:25 AM
The best deal in the world for him is chicago bulls teaming up with d. Rose. You could get quality in return,along with youth.

knickfan33
06-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Chicago could give

OKC could give

New Jersey could give

everyone of these trades is terrable....orlando isnt going to trade dwight for backups..... 5 backups dont equal one star

believeinNYK
06-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Dwight for lebron straight up is the best IMO
I would give amare + whoever not named Carmelo or billups

numba1CHANGsta
06-18-2011, 03:15 PM
its gonna come down to this, does Orlando want a young center in return? or a bunch of players? Bynum is still young and he has like 2 years left on his contract so they could take a chance on him

E.O.21
06-18-2011, 07:41 PM
:facepalm: at the idiots saying Lebron for Howard

papipapsmanny
06-18-2011, 08:05 PM
Wiz go trade mcgee, blatche, and picks for dwight......lol

effen5
06-18-2011, 08:39 PM
noah, taj, deng, asik, 2 first round, charlottes first round for d12 and hedo.

iggypop123
06-18-2011, 11:17 PM
its a complicated question. like melo a team will hesitate to trade for him like a GS give up lots of solid pieces for a guy who wouldnt exactly like to extend in golden state and would test fa. of course this is even more complicated since the cba would complicate his movement even further

AnalyzeNShoot
06-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Ibaka, Westbrook and Maynor. Best deal out there. Make it heppens Magic !

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-18-2011, 11:39 PM
If I'm Gar Forman, I lock Rose up in a separate room, and line everyone else up side by side in a large room and put a table in front of them with all the 1st round draft picks for the next 2 years including Charlotte's pick. Then take out my iPhone or w/e he has, take a picture, and send it to Otis Smith saying "Take whoever you want and as many picks as you want".

Rose is 22 and Howard is 25. The Bulls can start with those 2 and build a dynasty around them with Thibodeau coaching.

NJrockPD
06-19-2011, 12:00 AM
Just trying to think of some ways to get him to Chicago.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3p25obg

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3bznj97

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6cpv7a3

Rose and Howard would be quite the combo.

VillaMaravilla
06-19-2011, 12:26 AM

Lakers Get:
Howard
?

Orlando Gets:
Bynum
?

#1 DO YOU MEAN CHIP LOL let it go Laker fans your run is over Kobe is mad old so is everyone else on your team say hello to being medicore lol

VillaMaravilla
06-19-2011, 12:27 AM
lakers and celtics = old and finished awwwww to bad lol

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-19-2011, 12:30 AM

Trade 1: If your trading deng and boozer we're gnna want another foward back..prefferably a SF..(TURK)

Trade 2: Again trading Deng and Gibson, and us not getting back a foward hurts..not to mention you HAVE to take either Gilbert or Turk in a D12 trade

Trade 3: I agree except they gonna want either Asik or Taj to WITH picks

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-19-2011, 12:31 AM
#1 DO YOU MEAN CHIP LOL let it go Laker fans your run is over Kobe is mad old so is everyone else on your team say hello to being medicore lol

LOL +1!

not to mention Kobe is pissed because he doesn't like his new coach, and he's mad they didn't "Run" it by Kobe before the official Hiring

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-19-2011, 12:33 AM

I'd say the 2nd one along with Picks is a great deal for Orlando. Hate to lose Deng but for Howard, we'll have him gift wrapped for the Magic.

KINGBAIZE
06-19-2011, 12:50 AM
J. Noah, C. Boozer, & 2 1st rd picks, for D. Howard. :clap:

BEST DEAL OUT ThERE! The Bynum deal is decent, but he's injury prone.

Get it DONE!

D. Rose & D. Howard = DYNASTY

JB0B0
06-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Noah, Booz, Asik, Bogans, Pargo, #28 pick, #30 pick, 2012 protected Charlotte first rounder for Dwight and Hedo.

Rose/Watson
?
Deng/Hedo/Korver
Taj/Hedo
Dwight/FA

Sandman
06-19-2011, 12:56 AM

Lakers Get:
Howard
?

Orlando Gets:
Bynum
?
The thing here is Howard can't "Take his talents to Hollywood." The Magic have to trade him there. Melo had leverage because the Knicks could have signed him in the off-season.

The only way the Magic trade Howard is if you relieve them of Arenas/Turkoglu and other contracts. And for that to happen, Howard would have to say he's leaving, like Melo did.

KINGBAIZE
06-19-2011, 12:57 AM
noah, taj, deng, asik, 2 first round, charlottes first round for d12 and hedo.

^^^ Damn dude. :facepalm: We want him, but not that damn much!

Noah, Taj, Deng, Asik and 2 picks? WHat are you smokin? lol

I'd giv'em Noah, Boozer and 2 picks or Noah and Deng.....but No way I'd give them that many players for 1. Not when the Hawks just sent him home in the 1st round.

I'd give Orlando the choice of any 2 players other than D. Rose along with 2 or 3 future draft picks

Sandman
06-19-2011, 01:03 AM

I'd giv'em Noah, Boozer and 2 picks or Noah and Deng.....but No way I'd give them that many players for 1. Not when the Hawks just sent him home in the 1st round.

I'd give Orlando the choice of any 2 players other than D. Rose along with 2 or 3 future draft picks

Why would the Magic want Boozer?

They can't add long term contracts like that, they'll be in debt when nobody shows up.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-19-2011, 01:11 AM
It could be too much but the Nets would do it.

Nets gets:
Howard
Arenas
Daniel Orton
(maybe another player or 2nd rounder)

Orlando gets:
Brook Lopez
Travis Outlaw
Damion James
2 or 3 First Rounders ( their own and Warriors pick)

Orlando picks up IMO the best deal to rebuild with, it doesnt look flashy but it helps them ALOT in the future. They get rid of nearly 22 mil of cap space with Duhon and Arenas contracts gone, a Top 4 Center in the league with alot more development to go, an up and coming SF in Damion James, Outlaw to take away some contract from the Nets ( could be taken out) plus they get two or three future first rounders and maybe even a 2nd.

The Nets get Howard and Orton, a decent PF and a All Star Center while taking the Cap hit for Arenas who should be playing some SG as a Net.

If the Nets could make more space they may even be able to take on Hedo's contract but that would be a bit of a stretch. The Nets provide what other teams cant, the availability to take away the Magic's bigger contracts while also providing a good Center and trade package back.

KINGBAIZE
06-19-2011, 01:12 AM
Why would the Magic want Boozer?

They can't add long term contracts like that, they'll be in debt when nobody shows up.

He's just 1 of the options. We have a few good bigs, who we could swap out for Boozer if they didn't want him.

Only way I see the Lakers gettin Howard is if they give up Gasol and Bynum!
Other than that, I think we have more to offer to Orlando as a whole.

Noah can get you 10-15ppg when healthy (It's proven.)
Deng is a consistent 18-20ppg for his career (It's proven.)
Boozer's game didn't look good this year, but his stats were still around 16-17ppg during the season.

^^^ Say what you want about those players, but it isn't a deal on the table better for Orlando, where their team could trade Howard and still be that balanced after losing him. (And thats not including the other options we could throw in such as T. Gibson, Asik, and 3 future 1st rd picks.

Sandman
06-19-2011, 01:14 AM
He's just 1 of the options. We have a few good bigs, who we could swap out for Boozer if they didn't want him.

Boozer's game didn't look good this year, but his stats were still around 16-17ppg during the season.

^^^ Say what you want about those players, but it isn't a deal on the table better for Orlando, where their team could trade Howard and still be that balanced after losing him. (And thats not including the other options we could throw in such as T. Gibson, Asik, and 3 future 1st rd picks.
It doesn't matter what the options are, none of the options are good enough to make enough money to cover expenses. They'd be better off letting him walk.

He can't "Take his Talents to Chicago" either. Orlando has to trade him there. So why would they?

KINGBAIZE
06-19-2011, 01:31 AM
It doesn't matter what the options are, none of the options are good enough to make enough money to cover expenses. They'd be better off letting him walk.

He can't "Take his Talents to Chicago" either. Orlando has to trade him there. So why would they?

You don't really believe that do you? You're talking 2-3 starters from the #1 team in the East's lineup, along with 2-3 1st rd draft picks.

I think they will take that, before they let him WALK.

Sandman
06-19-2011, 01:39 AM
You don't really believe that do you? You're talking 2-3 starters from the #1 team in the East's lineup, along with 2-3 1st rd draft picks.

I think they will take that, before they let him WALK.

Nobody shows up to the games when they're not winning. No Dwight = No money. They can afford those salaries now, they can't if they're not winning.

And he can't walk to Chicago, so why help them out?

JB0B0
06-19-2011, 01:56 AM
I think the best trade would be LeBron for Dwight. Miami becomes a better team and LeBron is locked into his contract for another 4 years...LOL!!!!!!

LA_Raiders
06-19-2011, 02:38 AM
Bynum (young promising C) + Odom (6th man yr) for Howard + Arenas (worst contract in league)

That should do it...

kikeyanez
06-19-2011, 03:06 AM
cavas get:
monta ellis
dorell wright

magic get:
trade exp [labron james trade] from cavas
1st pick and 4th pick
11th pick via golden state

warriors get:
dwight howard

imagesrdecievin
06-19-2011, 09:52 AM
The only good REBUILDING piece in Chi's package is the unprotected CHA pick. I don't think CHI fans realize that the only way the Magic will be interested in your package is if Dwight says "I only want to play for the Bulls".

gsgs49
06-19-2011, 10:24 AM
A team nobody mentioned has the best chance IMO.
The NUGGETS,they have a lot of young talent and they are so deep so if they trade 4-5 players for Howard they would still be able to compete.
PS: I'm not even a nuggets fan.

Orlando receives:
Nene ( one of the best centers in the league to replace Howard)
Ty Lawson ( a young PG with a lot of potential,he will be better than Nelson soon IMO)
Danillo Gallinari ( also a young player with a lot of potential)
Mozgov ( a backup center because Orlando doesn't have one)
2 or 3 first round picks ( they have their picks and picks from NY)

Denver receives:
Dwight Howard
Gilbert Arenas

Denver roster:
Felton
Affalo
Chandler
Martin
Howard

Bench: Arenas,Jr Smith,Birdman

SP17
06-19-2011, 10:59 AM

LOL dude..Gasol and Bynum would ne greater than anything you can offer.. what are you smoking..

Boozer is a choker and way overpaid., Noah is decent but also overpaid for the next few years..Same goes for deng.. If orlando trade dwight they dont want those monstrous contract you have...They already have turk and arenas big contracts.. so now they want to add those 3 big contracts and be in deep salary **** for the next 3-5 years..OMG!:facepalm:

If you want dwight you have to give up guys like taj, asik, the 3 1st rounders and maybe noah or deng for salary purpose.. Howard is the best center in the league for God's sake..

Sandman
06-19-2011, 11:00 AM
Cause Howard's gonna re-sign in Denver.

There are only a few teams with a shot at forcing Howard's hand.

knickfan33
06-19-2011, 12:48 PM

and thats why you would never get dwight

knickfan33
06-19-2011, 12:51 PM
LOL dude..Gasol and Bynum would ne greater than anything you can offer.. what are you smoking..

Boozer is a choker and way overpaid., Noah is decent but also overpaid for the next few years..Same goes for deng.. If orlando trade dwight they dont want those monstrous contract you have...They already have turk and arenas big contracts.. so now they want to add those 3 big contracts and be in deep salary **** for the next 3-5 years..OMG!:facepalm:

If you want dwight you have to give up guys like taj, asik, the 3 1st rounders and maybe noah or deng for salary purpose.. Howard is the best center in the league for God's sake..

gasol and bynum are not that good of an offer.... at all... if he got traded many teams have much better to offer... including chicago...

i do agree about how much they would have to give up though.... its amazing how many people in here think there gonna trade a starter and a handful of backs ups and get howard....

knickfan33
06-19-2011, 12:52 PM
it could be too much but the nets would do it.

Nets gets:
Howard
arenas
daniel orton
(maybe another player or 2nd rounder)

orlando gets:
Brook lopez
travis outlaw
damion james
2 or 3 first rounders ( their own and warriors pick)

orlando picks up imo the best deal to rebuild with, it doesnt look flashy but it helps them alot in the future. They get rid of nearly 22 mil of cap space with duhon and arenas contracts gone, a top 4 center in the league with alot more development to go, an up and coming sf in damion james, outlaw to take away some contract from the nets ( could be taken out) plus they get two or three future first rounders and maybe even a 2nd.

The nets get howard and orton, a decent pf and a all star center while taking the cap hit for arenas who should be playing some sg as a net.

If the nets could make more space they may even be able to take on hedo's contract but that would be a bit of a stretch. The nets provide what other teams cant, the availability to take away the magic's bigger contracts while also providing a good center and trade package back.

why would orlando trade howard for a worse center and backups!!!!!!

mgsports
06-19-2011, 12:53 PM
We better get Odom/Fisher in the Trade but at least we get 3 days of Draft like NFL does because Friday and Saturday NHL one happens after NBA one on Thursday.

MrFastBreak
06-19-2011, 12:53 PM

no,if im the thunder,westbrook is a future star in this league,no way i part with him and ibaka.the thunder dont need howard to win a ship.they already have a great young core.the only thing they are missing is a scorer other than harden off the bench.they can also use a low post scorer,they can find that via free agency.

knickfan33
06-19-2011, 01:14 PM
no,if im the thunder,westbrook is a future star in this league,no way i part with him and ibaka.the thunder dont need howard to win a ship.they already have a great young core.the only thing they are missing is a scorer other than harden off the bench.they can also use a low post scorer,they can find that via free agency.

They should do this deal in a heart beat. the combo of unstopable big man and top scorer has produced multiple rings in this era... shaq and kobe, shaq and wade,duncan and parker.... no doubt the combo of dwight and durant would would win a ring...and they would still have harden....

i think this is the best deal orlando could possably get for howard cause like you said, they are getting young players with star potentional

smith&wesson
06-19-2011, 01:25 PM
noah & boozer

or

bynam & gasol

valade16
06-19-2011, 01:25 PM
What about this:

Portland trades: Oden, Batum, Mathews, Miller and a 1st

Magic trades: Howard, Arenas, and Nelson.

Magic get 3 young guys, Miller's expiring, a 1st round pick, and dump Arenas' contract.

Portland gets Howard to pair with Aldridge and they get a PG replacement for Miller plus they still have Roy, Rudy, and Crash to augment the losses of Batum and Mathews.

What do you think?

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-19-2011, 01:31 PM
why would orlando trade howard for a worse center and backups!!!!!!

First off there is NO center better or equal to Howard so any center would be worse. Brook is up and coming an with a little more Bulk could easily compete with Bogut as the second best center in the league, also he is only 23 years old and has no injury issues. The whole idea to that trade is they get a very good center back, a future starter in James, 3 first rounders, and HUGE amount of cap relief.

Like I said, its not flashy but its very solid for Orlando.

Shareeb_omac2
06-19-2011, 01:40 PM
A lot of people don't understand the concept that Orlando will be left with nothing if he leaves. If Dwight in fact informs them he isn't going to re-sign, Orlando will come to terms with trading him for a lesser value... It's better than nothing.

So, a lot of these trades might work(and not work) because of the fact Dwight has to agree to signing long term to the team he goes to. Mavs and Lakers are the best option because he had said he would like to play for both of them(supposedly). If that's the case Orlando pretty much has to send Howard where he wants if they want anything in return. If they don't he will walk in the offseason.

You can make up any fairytale trade you want but at the end of the day no team is going to trade for Howard if he isn't commited to signing long term.

$KnicksAndKobe$
06-19-2011, 01:51 PM
A lot of people don't understand the concept that Orlando will be left with nothing if he leaves. If Dwight in fact informs them he isn't going to re-sign, Orlando will come to terms with trading him for a lesser value... It's better than nothing.

So, a lot of these trades might work(and not work) because of the fact Dwight has to agree to signing long term to the team he goes to. Mavs and Lakers are the best option because he had said he would like to play for both of them(supposedly). If that's the case Orlando pretty much has to send Howard where he wants if they want anything in return. If they don't he will walk in the offseason.

You can make up any fairytale trade you want but at the end of the day no team is going to trade for Howard if he isn't commited to signing long term.

Well if that's the case then the Mavs or Lakers won't get Dwight until the summer in a sign and trade. They have no cap at all so it's best if the Magic make a deal in the very last second so they can keep Dwight for the season and try to change his mind.

- This applies to teams like the Lakers - Mavs - Bulls

Cromedome
06-19-2011, 01:53 PM
This is simple.

Howard for Ronny Turiaf, Sheldon Williams and Renaldo Balkman plus cash. Orlando gets 2 centers and a fan favorite who might hit a couple of shots in garbage time. How could Orlando turn this down?

Giants-49ers-Ws
06-19-2011, 01:59 PM
anyone on the warriors for dwight

papipapsmanny
06-19-2011, 02:17 PM
If they trade howard they are gonna want young guys, not 28 year olds or older.

If they trade howard it means they are restarting

they will want a young good center, and 1st round picks, and maybe another young proven player

PackerBuckBrew
06-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Fine we will trade you Drew Gooden and John Salmons for him.You get a player (Gooden) who will wear #99 and have a disgusting looking rat tail and an overpaid guard (Salmons) who looks like a fish and only produces in the 2nd half of a season. Deal?

Miller3512
06-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Why does almost everyone keep insisting that the Lakers have the best trade chips to acquire D-12? First off I can guarantee that Orlando's front office has no desire to have a guy like Bynum wearing a Magic uniform. Bynum is a childish, overpaid, lazy, walking disaster! If he's not on the DL, he's fouling out of games or getting ejected. As far as Odom goes, I'm sure Orlando's front office, players and fans would love to have Odom. What team wouldn't? The guy can still play and play at a high level but it goes without saying that Odom is not near enough for D-12. So all you Laker fans hoping and praying for D-12 in a Laker uniform, keep praying but it's not going to happen.

mynameismo
06-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Best deal for Dwight is:

Jameer Nelson
Brandon Bass
Ryan Anderson
Daniel Orton
All Picks
Cash
Mickey Mouse

For

Chris Paul

DA FRANCHISE
06-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Why does almost everyone keep insisting that the Lakers have the best trade chips to acquire D-12? First off I can guarantee that Orlando's front office has no desire to have a guy like Bynum wearing a Magic uniform. Bynum is a childish, overpaid, lazy, walking disaster! If he's not on the DL, he's fouling out of games or getting ejected. As far as Odom goes, I'm sure Orlando's front office, players and fans would love to have Odom. What team wouldn't? The guy can still play and play at a high level but it goes without saying that Odom is not near enough for D-12. So all you Laker fans hoping and praying for D-12 in a Laker uniform, keep praying but it's not going to happen.

This

mgsports
06-19-2011, 06:45 PM
Have you guys tryed your Trades in ESPN Trade Machine to see if they would work?

knickfan33
06-19-2011, 07:46 PM
What about this:

Portland trades: Oden, Batum, Mathews, Miller and a 1st

Magic trades: Howard, Arenas, and Nelson.

Magic get 3 young guys, Miller's expiring, a 1st round pick, and dump Arenas' contract.

Portland gets Howard to pair with Aldridge and they get a PG replacement for Miller plus they still have Roy, Rudy, and Crash to augment the losses of Batum and Mathews.

What do you think?

portland aint getting howard without trading alderidge

knickfan33
06-19-2011, 07:48 PM
First off there is NO center better or equal to Howard so any center would be worse. Brook is up and coming an with a little more Bulk could easily compete with Bogut as the second best center in the league, also he is only 23 years old and has no injury issues. The whole idea to that trade is they get a very good center back, a future starter in James, 3 first rounders, and HUGE amount of cap relief.

Like I said, its not flashy but its very solid for Orlando.

no its terrable..exactly there is no center even close to howard.... meaning it wll take multiple good players worhty of starting to get him....

SACNYY
06-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Dwight and Hedo for Bynum and Odom

Chill_Will_24
06-19-2011, 08:30 PM
Any team that Dwight will not resign with will not provide ORL with a quality return so guess what.. if Dwight says that he will only resign with NJ, LA, or DAL then Brook Lopez, Andrew Bynum, and Tyson Chandler become THAT much more attractive. Much like the Melo situation Dwight has all the leverage. People can say that Lopez sucks and cant rebound or Bynum is unjury prone or blah blah blah.. it doesnt matter if Dwight limits Orlando's options to three or four teams. Moreover Brook Lopez in particular have more value around the league than the average fan on this site gives him credit for. He is very talented.

Sandman
06-19-2011, 08:44 PM
Any team that Dwight will not resign with will not provide ORL with a quality return so guess what.. if Dwight says that he will only resign with NJ, LA, or DAL then Brook Lopez, Andrew Bynum, and Tyson Chandler become THAT much more attractive. Much like the Melo situation Dwight has all the leverage. People can say that Lopez sucks and cant rebound or Bynum is unjury prone or blah blah blah.. it doesnt matter if Dwight limits Orlando's options to three or four teams. Moreover Brook Lopez in particular have more value around the league than the average fan on this site gives him credit for. He is very talented.

Very unlike the Melo situation, there is no way that LA or Dallas can sign him in the off-season. The Magic don't hold all the cards, but he can't "take his talents" anywhere. The only teams with potential cap room, at this point, are NY and Boston.

When LeBron said he would consider his options, there were some serious options to consider. Granted we don't know the shape it will take because of the CBA and trades between here and now, but it doesn't look like LA will have cap space.

If Howard pulled a Melo and said "I'll only sign an extension with LA," I would see that as a GREAT sign for the Magic, because the Magic can only trade him there.

SP17
06-19-2011, 10:40 PM
]gasol and bynum are not that good of an offer.... [/B]at all... if he got traded many teams have much better to offer... including chicago...

i do agree about how much they would have to give up though.... its amazing how many people in here think there gonna trade a starter and a handful of backs ups and get howard....

LOL...

many teams? I agree some teams could top that but to say many is a reach...

Gasol and bynum is not a good offer..smh:confused:

imagesrdecievin
06-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Very unlike the Melo situation, there is no way that LA or Dallas can sign him in the off-season. The Magic don't hold all the cards, but he can't "take his talents" anywhere. The only teams with potential cap room, at this point, are NY and Boston.

When LeBron said he would consider his options, there were some serious options to consider. Granted we don't know the shape it will take because of the CBA and trades between here and now, but it doesn't look like LA will have cap space.

If Howard pulled a Melo and said "I'll only sign an extension with LA," I would see that as a GREAT sign for the Magic, because the Magic can only trade him there.

I am really confused how you think that the Knicks will have the cap but don't think that the Nets will?

jeter 2
06-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Odom and Bynum for Howard would make a lot of sense.

Amare and 17th pick for Howard-Orlando would still have a star to sell.

Blake and Kaman for Howard- I don't know if the Clippers would do this lol.

Boozer, Noah and Gibson for Howard + contract, but I can't see this happening.

Those are 3 trades I can see happening.

PhillyFan001
06-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I really don't understand why bynum is so freaking overrated, yes centers are hard to find and he does almost get a double double which is excellent don't get me wrong but the guy is always injured and his knees are not getting any better. Dwight Howard is worth way more than Bynum. I honestly wouldn't take bynum on my team, he might play a few games and get hurt. I just dont get how a guy that is such an injury risk untradeable,

valade16
06-19-2011, 11:10 PM
portland aint getting howard without trading alderidge

What about that offer? Do you think it's the best one for Howard thus far?

I think it ranks right up there with the Lakers and Thunder's offers...

But suppose I do switch it:

Aldridge, Oden, Miller, Rudy, Armon Johnson and a 1st for Howard, Nelson, and Arenas.

They get Aldridge and Oden, 2 nice (potentially in Oden's case) young big men, Rudy and Armon Johnson, 2 young wings who could potentially develop, Miller's expiring, a 1st round pick, and dump Arenas' contract.

Blazers get Howard, a PG replacement for Miller, and Arenas.

Nelson
Mathews
Batum
Wallace
Howard

Roy, Camby, Arenas.

Not bad either...

5ass
06-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Lakers dont have the best offer in la (clippers can offer bledsoe gordon aminu kaman jordan picks and next yrs twolves pick and he would still be playing with soon to be the best powerforward in the league or they can simply sign him with their capspace), let alone the state of california (kings can sign him with their capspace and he would be playing with 2 very promising players in evans and cousins), let alone the western conference and the nba. Simply put the lakers have a very slim chance at getting howard.

SP17
06-19-2011, 11:37 PM
Lakers dont have the best offer in la (clippers can offer bledsoe gordon aminu kaman jordan picks and next yrs twolves pick and he would still be playing with soon to be the best powerforward in the league or they can simply sign him with their capspace), let alone the state of california (kings can sign him with their capspace and he would be playing with 2 very promising players in evans and cousins), let alone the western conference and the nba. Simply put the lakers have a very slim chance at getting howard.

yeah clips have one hell of a package but would dwight want to play there?

Chill_Will_24
06-19-2011, 11:58 PM
yeah clips have one hell of a package but would dwight want to play there?

I think he loves ORL and is genuine in his desire to not leave on bad terms. He wants LA and they want the best return possible. I think he would take that compromise and i think he will soon realize the potential of that team. Even if they lose all the mentioned pieces they will still be packin a team headlined by Griffin, Dwight, and possibly Chris Paul or Deron Williams when become free agents. People keep claiming Donald Sterling will be a problem but cmon.. even HE would realize the amount of money he would make in LA with a team like that. I dont think they would topple the Lakers in LA anymore than the Nets can topple the Knicks in NY but i truly believe Dwight truly only wants to win and doesnt care about whether his team is the most popular in the city.

SP17
06-20-2011, 12:04 AM
I think he loves ORL and is genuine in his desire to not leave on bad terms. He wants LA and they want the best return possible. I think he would take that compromise and i think he will soon realize the potential of that team. Even if they lose all the mentioned pieces they will still be packin a team headlined by Griffin, Dwight, and possibly Chris Paul or Deron Williams when become free agents. People keep claiming Donald Sterling will be a problem but cmon.. even HE would realize the amount of money he would make in LA with a team like that. I dont think they would topple the Lakers in LA anymore than the Nets can topple the Knicks in NY but i truly believe Dwight truly only wants to win and doesnt care about whether his team is the most popular in the city.

I agree..lets just see how he plays it out...

Yanks All Day
06-20-2011, 12:09 AM
I think Dwight definitely wants to stay with the Magic, but is going to get traded once the Magic realize they aren't winning anytime soon and are so handcuffed with the cap and their terrible contracts. I'm not too sure how the salary numbers would look, but I would think Chicago should go for Dwight. Offer Noah, Gibson/Asik, Brewer/Watson and draft picks for Howard and Redick and see if Orlando bites. It gives Orlando young talent to work with out of their bad cap situation and Chicago 2 legit stars in Howard and Rose and that 2 guard they were missing this year to hit the big shots.

Chill_Will_24
06-20-2011, 12:31 AM
I think Dwight definitely wants to stay with the Magic, but is going to get traded once the Magic realize they aren't winning anytime soon and are so handcuffed with the cap and their terrible contracts. I'm not too sure how the salary numbers would look, but I would think Chicago should go for Dwight. Offer Noah, Gibson/Asik, Brewer/Watson and draft picks for Howard and Redick and see if Orlando bites. It gives Orlando young talent to work with out of their bad cap situation and Chicago 2 legit stars in Howard and Rose and that 2 guard they were missing this year to hit the big shots.

CHI will not get him. I guarantee it. Not only because reports say that ot interested in CHI but because of the more foundemental reason of Joakim Noah not being a good player for a rebuilding team to take back. What kind of stupid GM would take a hustle energy guy as the return for the best C in the world? They can offer nothing but role players. At least Lopez and Bynum have potential and can be solid pieces to build around...

Oh and btw i dont think CHI could GIVE Boozer away

SP17
06-20-2011, 12:51 AM
CHI will not get him. I guarantee it. Not only because reports say that ot interested in CHI but because of the more foundemental reason of Joakim Noah not being a good player for a rebuilding team to take back. What kind of stupid GM would take a hustle energy guy as the return for the best C in the world? They can offer nothing but role players. At least Lopez and Bynum have potential and can be solid pieces to build around...

and add the fact that noah is signed for 5 more years..
10 mil.,11,12,13 and 14 mil...

Clips really have the best assets,location and they are in the west.

valade16
06-20-2011, 12:56 AM

Do you think they have better assets they'd be willing to trade than the Blazers?

Batum, Mathews, Oden, Rudy, Miller's expiring, possibly Aldridge.

Would the Clippers really deal Gordon?

I agree about location, that's probably why Howard will never be traded to the Blazers, because he'd never sign the extension there...

Slimsim
06-20-2011, 12:59 AM
If i was a GM a package of Westbrook Ibaka and Harden would make me pull the trigger

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-20-2011, 12:59 AM
lol@Lopez being a sold piece to build around. If it wasn't for the torn ligament in his hand, Noah would've been backing up Dwight at C in the All-Star game.

LakersIn5
06-20-2011, 01:04 AM

only problem is okc is not a big market that dwight would like

cutiepie80
06-20-2011, 01:19 AM

Lmaolmaolmaolmao. Lopez, hahahhaha.

5ass
06-20-2011, 01:25 AM

Clips definatley has the best chance at getting howard other then that theres also okc wth westbrook harden ibaka thabo and perkins.
I dont think dwight would go to portland but they can also put a good package around aldridge.

5ass
06-20-2011, 01:29 AM

Lopez has far more potential than noah, watch next season or maybe the one after it if he stays with the nets and is playing next to deron williams he'll be putting up atleast 20-9-2-2 on 50+ fg%

RB#20
06-20-2011, 01:33 AM
The best deal for Dwight Howard: Ricky Rubio, Kevin Love, Ryan Gomes, Brian Scalabrine, Tel-Aviv, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat and a box of Count Chocula for Dwight Howard and Patrick Ewing.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-20-2011, 01:41 AM
lol@Lopez averaging 9 rebounds.

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-20-2011, 01:42 AM
Lopez has far more potential than noah, watch next season or maybe the one after it if he stays with the nets and is playing next to deron williams he'll be putting up atleast 20-9-2-2 on 50+ fg%

Ya key phrase, "Playing next to Deron Williams". Unfortunately D-Will won't be going with him to Orlando.

Chill_Will_24
06-20-2011, 01:45 AM

Ok? Im pretty sure that ORL (not the fans but the actual people in ORL that get paid to know the game) would rather replace Howard with a 22 and 8 guy than a 12 and 9 guy.. thats without taking into account injuries which Noah is prone to, while Lopez has yet to miss a game in his career.

Chill_Will_24
06-20-2011, 01:46 AM
lol@Lopez averaging 9 rebounds.

He averaged 8 his first two years..

RB#20
06-20-2011, 01:51 AM
Ok? Im pretty sure that ORL (not the fans but the actual people in ORL that get paid to know the game) would rather replace Howard with a 22 and 8 guy than a 12 and 9 guy.. thats without taking into account injuries which Noah is prone to, while Lopez has yet to miss a game in his career.

Yeah, that may be true but Joakim Noah never failed to not wear the number 13 in his NBA career can you say the same for Brook Lopez? I think not!

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-20-2011, 01:52 AM
He averaged 8 his first two years..

So maybe you can explain how a guy goes from 8.6 to 6 in 1 year. If he has "potential", shouldn't he be improving each year instead of having a drastic fall in rebounding like that?

matt800
06-20-2011, 01:55 AM
I think the blazers, or okc have the best pieces... But I don't think okc has much of a reason to blow up their team for Howard.

The blazers could offer
Camby, miller, matthews, batum, oden, picks
For
Howard and Arenas

That is massive salary relief that almost no other team could match. Magic get rid of Arenas which would be major in rebuilding. And they get young players with potential.

Blazers also have wallace that they could switch in. But if I am Orlando Id rather have younger guys.

RB#20
06-20-2011, 01:58 AM
I think the blazers, or okc have the best pieces... But I don't think okc has much of a reason to blow up their team for Howard.

The blazers could offer
Camby, miller, matthews, batum, oden, picks
For
Howard and Arenas

That is massive salary relief that almost no other team could match. Magic get rid of Arenas which would be major in rebuilding. And they get young players with potential.

Plus I think Howard would be happy to play with Aldridge.

In all seriousness, :clap: but in ALL seriousness, I like my trade package better.

5ass
06-20-2011, 02:01 AM
Ya key phrase, "Playing next to Deron Williams". Unfortunately D-Will won't be going with him to Orlando.

I was saying if he doesnt get traded, btw noah plays with a great pg in rose too, not as good as playing with d-will but still how many putbacks does noah get off roses missed lay ups. Also as said before he averaged 8 rebounds before last season. Are seriously telling me that a 7 footer with great footwork a solid jumpshot and at age 23 yrs i believe wont average better than 20-8 (what he averaged in 08-09) for atleast 4-5 seasons ofcourse barring any injury. But noah will never in his whole career average 20 points per game. And i rlly dont like brook lopez i dont think hes that good, but he could be great. Noah is good but will never be more than that.

RB#20
06-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Does anyone else realize that the topic creator just used this to bait people? He says 1 paragraph, makes 1 sentence responses, gets people to argue over stupid "what if?" scenarios and isn't heard of since the 2nd page. Why do you all continue to fall into these joke threads all the time?:shrug:

Sandman
06-20-2011, 02:10 AM
LOL...

NOT MANY TEAMS EXACTLY!

How is Dwight Howard going to force the Magic hand when HE CANT LEAVE AND SIGN WITH ANY OF THESE TEAMS?

Can anybody tell me who the real threats are?

Where is Dwight Howard going to walk to if the Magic don't sign him?

Chill_Will_24
06-20-2011, 02:14 AM
So maybe you can explain how a guy goes from 8.6 to 6 in 1 year. If he has "potential", shouldn't he be improving each year instead of having a drastic fall in rebounding like that?

Well i COULD explain about his Mononucleosis that made him lose 25pds last summer and a painful calcium deposit that he played thru last year... i COULD tell you about Avery Johnson playing him more around the perimiter for half the year taking away rebounding opportunities... i COULD mention a lack of motivation as the entire team thought they were aiming for the lottery again this year with trade rumors and distractions and nobody even trying for half the year... i COULD mention that Kris Humphries attacked the boards relentlessly taking away even more rebounding opportunities...

I COULD mention all of that but i wont even bother cuz CHI fans will of course chalk it up as a "Brook sucks and Noah is better" situation so theres no point. Point is that Brook averaged almost 9 per his first two years when his team was motivated and trying. Ill chalk this year up as an anomaly...

Kevj77
06-20-2011, 02:16 AM
NOT MANY TEAMS EXACTLY!

How is Dwight Howard going to force the Magic hand when HE CANT LEAVE AND SIGN WITH ANY OF THESE TEAMS?

Can anybody tell me who the real threats are?

Where is Dwight Howard going to walk to if the Magic don't sign him?
NY and NJ are real threats if he walks as a free agent. Depending on the new CBA the Knicks may be able to make a real offer and NJ definately can, but that all depends on Dwill staying Howard wouldn't go there without him.

The truth is that there is a legit threat that he walks especially if the Magic get knocked out again early in the playoffs. That wouldn't help my team land him, but it doesn't help the Magic if they let him walk out without compensation they are as bad off as Cleveland after Lebron left. If they call his bluff they better hope he doesn't really have the nuts.

RB#20
06-20-2011, 02:18 AM
Well i COULD explain about his Mononucleosis that made him lose 25pds last summer and a painful calcium deposit that he played thru last year... i COULD tell you about Avery Johnson playing him more around the perimiter for half the year taking away rebounding opportunities... i COULD mention a lack of motivation as the entire team thought they were aiming for the lottery again this year with trade rumors and distractions and nobody even trying for half the year... i COULD mention that Kris Humphries attacked the boards relentlessly taking away even more rebounding opportunities...

I COULD mention all of that but i wont even bother cuz CHI fans will of course chalk it up as a "Brook sucks and Noah is better" situation so theres no point. Point is that Brook averaged almost 9 per his first two years when his team was motivated and trying. Ill chalk this year up as an anomaly...

Sigh...Mononucleosis...you have officially fallen into his trap. :facepalm:

RB#20
06-20-2011, 02:20 AM
NY and NJ are real threats if he walks as a free agent. Depending on the new CBA the Knicks may be able to make a real offer and NJ definately can, but that all depends on Dwill staying Howard wouldn't go there without him.

The truth is that there is a legit threat that he walks especially if the Magic get knocked out again early in the playoffs. That wouldn't help my team land him, but it doesn't help the Magic if they let him walk out without compensation they are as bad off as Cleveland after Lebron left. If they call his bluff they better hope he doesn't really have the nuts.

He has nuts. He's Dwight ****ing Howard. :superman:

Sandman
06-20-2011, 02:26 AM

It doesn't help the Magic to let him walk without compensation, and it doesn't help the Magic to take "compensation" in the form of long term deals they have to pay out the *** for despite not being able to sell out the new arena.

The Knicks and the Nets are the threat to him walking. Boston too because Allen and KG expire. He cant take his talents to South beach, Chicago or LA. They hold no cards.

Kevj77
06-20-2011, 02:37 AM
Sandman unless they can somehow get rid of Hedo and Gilbert with their bad contracts they are screwed for the next three years anyways. Of course you can alway hope the new CBA will allow you to dump one bad contract.

Sandman
06-20-2011, 02:50 AM
Sandman unless they can somehow get rid of Hedo and Gilbert with their bad contracts they are screwed for the next three years anyways.
Precisely, so why would they be about to bring in a Bynum or a Gasol or Biedrins or somebody else that will make the team more expensive?

I'm not saying that Dwight is better off with the Magic. TBH... if I were him I'd try find a way out. But if I ran the Magic I sure as hell wouldn't try to find him one. I'd be worried about NY (they might be focused on CP3). Jersey is a threat but if it came down to NJ vs. Orlando I would take my chances.

Of course you can alway hope the new CBA will allow you to dump one bad contract.
You never know. Back when the last CBA was signed, they called that the "Allan Houston rule"... and the Knicks were too proud to cut Allan Houston. Otis Smith is at least that stupid.

christexaport
06-20-2011, 03:24 AM
Precisely, so why would they be about to bring in a Bynum or a Gasol or Biedrins or somebody else that will make the team more expensive?
Its not just about building a team, its amassing assets. Bynum is a valuable piece in this league, and far better than allowing Howard to walk away at the end of his contract.

I'm not saying that Dwight is better off with the Magic. TBH... if I were him I'd try find a way out. But if I ran the Magic I sure as hell wouldn't try to find him one. I'd be worried about NY (they might be focused on CP3). Jersey is a threat but if it came down to NJ vs. Orlando I would take my chances.
That would be suicide as an NBA GM. Remember, you have to court players to your organization. How many would you get if you forced an unhappy player to stay and play in servitude, then walk away for nothing when the contract ends? NONE!

The smart move is to try to attract some wingmen for Howard, and if they aren't championship caliber or to his liking, you find out what teams he wants to go to, and you make the trade. You use the fact that he's willing to extend for that team as leverage, but that's about it. You try to demand a young player, cash, and piles of picks, but at the en of the day, you either take the package or get nothing at all. Assets are worth more than all the cap space in the world when you're not a major NBA city/market.

You never know. Back when the last CBA was signed, they called that the "Allan Houston rule"... and the Knicks were too proud to cut Allan Houston. Otis Smith is at least that stupid.

Orlando needs another star and a stretch PF. Period. If they don't get it, they lose Howard. Better to get some assets on his way out.

Sandman
06-20-2011, 03:38 AM
Its not just about building a team, its amassing assets. Bynum is a valuable piece in this league, and far better than allowing Howard to walk away at the end of his contract.
The money owed to him and the injury risk take a lot away from him as an asset.

And still.... what leverage does Dwight have to 'take his talents to LA'?

That would be suicide as an NBA GM. Remember, you have to court players to your organization. How many would you get if you forced an unhappy player to stay and play in servitude, then walk away for nothing when the contract ends? NONE!
You absolutely have to court players. If Dwight leaves, it's a failure. There's no scenario where you can lose Dwight Howard because he wants to win, and improve your image.

The smart move is to try to attract some wingmen for Howard, and if they aren't championship caliber or to his liking, you find out what teams he wants to go to, and you make the trade. You use the fact that he's willing to extend for that team as leverage, but that's about it. You try to demand a young player, cash, and piles of picks, but at the en of the day, you either take the package or get nothing at all. Assets are worth more than all the cap space in the world when you're not a major NBA city/market.
I don't want to hear about the "major market" crap. The Magic had the highest payroll in the NBA last year. When Howard is a free agent he can only go to teams with cap space. We don't have to worry about LA. LA needs another team to leverage Howard out of Orlando before they could have a chance to leverage Orlando to trade Howard to LA. Then I'll worry about LA.

Orlando needs another star and a stretch PF. Period. If they don't get it, they lose Howard. Better to get some assets on his way out.
I 100% agree. If I'm Howard I don't like where the Magic are going and a lot of their pieces aren't moveable. But at the same time, what are Howard's options as a free agent? Right now, they're NY and NJ. LA, Chicago, Miami, all these bogus trade ideas are not options until the Magic are worried about Howard walking to a team with cap space.

SP17
06-20-2011, 04:41 AM
The money owed to him and the injury risk take a lot away from him as an asset.

And still.... what leverage does Dwight have to 'take his talents to LA'?

You absolutely have to court players. If Dwight leaves, it's a failure. There's no scenario where you can lose Dwight Howard because he wants to win, and improve your image.

I don't want to hear about the "major market" crap. The Magic had the highest payroll in the NBA last year. When Howard is a free agent he can only go to teams with cap space. We don't have to worry about LA. LA needs another team to leverage Howard out of Orlando before they could have a chance to leverage Orlando to trade Howard to LA. Then I'll worry about LA.

I 100% agree. If I'm Howard I don't like where the Magic are going and a lot of their pieces aren't moveable. But at the same time, what are Howard's options as a free agent? Right now, they're NY and NJ. LA, Chicago, Miami, all these bogus trade ideas are not options until the Magic are worried about Howard walking to a team with cap space.

Money owned to him? Bynum is only signed for 2 more years and the 2nd yr is a team option.. If Drew is not a good asset why do you hear analyst and sports writer mention him as trading chip? coz i guess he has the talent and potential.. Without those injury concern Bynum is the clear no 2 center behind howard.

Where are you getting that info man? Lakers have the highest payroll followed by the mavs..

Its all about risk..IF magic wanna risk losing dwight for nothing or just a few assets like what the cavs get for LBJ they will hang on to dwight and let him walk in FA..

knickfan33
06-20-2011, 06:03 AM
LOL...

i dont know what your definition of many is, but i think alot of teams will get involved if they think there is a shot at howard

SP17
06-20-2011, 08:01 AM
i dont know what your definition of many is, but i think alot of teams will get involved if they think there is a shot at howard

many for me is probably more than 5..I dont think the legit the suitors for a dwight deal would not be that many..Some teams may have the assets but problem would be is if Dwight would be willing to play and sign an extension with them..They wont risk trading their youth for uncertainty.. As of know teams i see that will have a chance at Dwight would be Nets, Bulls, OKC, CLips, Lakers and Heat.. ( this of course is if dwight is traded before the deadline) It changes when he reaches FA..

Heediot
06-20-2011, 08:12 AM
Memphis would give the best option.

They could be done with gay, gasol, mayo, and picks. Then Sign TMAC

Conley
Allen
Young/TMac
Randolph
Dwight

MagicHero3
06-20-2011, 08:27 AM
hey lets keep talking about Dwight being traded when it is clearly not happening. The options are- Magic trade players to please Dwight and he stays
or.... Magic trade players to please Dwight and he leaves after next season

NO GM IS DUMB ENOUGH TO TRADE DWIGHT HOWARD.

SP17
06-20-2011, 08:27 AM

Conley
Allen
Young/TMac
Randolph
Dwight

LOL..:facepalm:

Memphis ain't that dumb..

RB#20
06-20-2011, 08:34 AM

They also don't have count chocula so this trade is clearly not going to happen

Heediot
06-20-2011, 08:45 AM

Why not, They did well without Gay in the playoffs. They were looking to ship Mayo last year anyway. Gasol is upgraded with Howard If the Knicks had to give up Timofey, Chandler, Danilio, Felton, and a first round pick, I think Memphis has to give up alot. Dwight is worth MORE than Melo. So you think Memphis should give up less? Either way Memphis is a great option for Orlando because of all the nice young pieces they have.

Heediot
06-20-2011, 08:48 AM
They also don't have count chocula so this trade is clearly not going to happen

Why not? Well atleast Memphis presents a great trade option with all their young pieces.

SP17
06-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Why not, They did well without Gay in the playoffs. They were looking to ship Mayo last year anyway. Gasol is upgraded with Howard If the Knicks had to give up Timofey, Chandler, Danilio, Felton, and a first round pick, I think Memphis has to give up alot. Dwight is worth MORE than Melo. So you think Memphis should give up less? Either way Memphis is a great option for Orlando because of all the nice young pieces they have.

Dwight is gonna be a fa.. Gasol, Gay and Mayo are pretty good players..

Hell even Gasol, Mayo and fillers would make orlando pull the trigger.. No way Orlando resigns Dwight,only way I see that happening is they improve their team and arenas gets back to his old self..Chances is slim though..

Talking both the knicks offer for Melo, Gasol/Mayo or Gasol/Gay top that offer..

Heediot
06-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Dwight is gonna be a fa.. Gasol, Gay and Mayo are pretty good players..

Hell even Gasol, Mayo and fillers would make orlando pull the trigger.. No way Orlando resigns Dwight,only way I see that happening is they improve their team and arenas gets back to his old self..Chances is slim though..

Talking both the knicks offer for Melo, Gasol/Mayo or Gasol/Gay top that offer..

You have some valid insights. I believe your proposals to be the min, and mine to be very generous. If a deal were to take place it would be somewhere along the two. OJ Mayo's trade value is not as high as many believe.

alencp3
06-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Eric Gordon + Deandre Jordan for Dwight Howard

xabial
06-20-2011, 09:02 AM
We'll give you Amare straight up for Dwight S&T. Amare has shown he can lead, and lead NY to a winning record (Even before Carmelo), played all 82 games this season.

Look at the three Possible Deals For Dwight? Its obvious whats the most attractive. Can Bynum lead a team into the playoffs? No.

Chris Bosh straight up.
Andrew Bynum Straight up.
Or Amare Straight Up.

I think its obvious whats the most attractive deal.

SP17
06-20-2011, 10:40 AM
We'll give you Amare straight up for Dwight S&T. Amare has shown he can lead, and lead NY to a winning record (Even before Carmelo), played all 82 games this season.

Look at the three Possible Deals For Dwight? Its obvious whats the most attractive. Can Bynum lead a team into the playoffs? No.

Chris Bosh straight up.
Andrew Bynum Straight up.
Or Amare Straight Up.

I think its obvious whats the most attractive deal.

probably if D12 is dealt its for picks and salary cap..Orlando is gonna rebuild and having amare with their team would make them a low seed team in the east..So midle to late picks..If im a rebuilding team I would prefer to suck a few years to get high draft picks.

valade16
06-20-2011, 10:54 AM

Conley
Allen
Young/TMac
Randolph
Dwight

Gotta admit, that's a good offer for Howard. Not sure you can top that, only ones close are OKC and POR IMO.

I'd be a little concerned of how Randolph and Howard play together since both need the ball in the post but A. Its Howard, and B they're talented enough to make it work.

#24 Lakerland
06-20-2011, 11:15 AM

Agreed. I'd take Gilbert's contract with Dwight.. that way we knock down two birds with one stone. we get our big man Dwight and we get the point guard we need to run our offense...

xabial
06-20-2011, 11:29 AM
probably if D12 is dealt its for picks and salary cap..Orlando is gonna rebuild and having amare with their team would make them a low seed team in the east..So midle to late picks..If im a rebuilding team I would prefer to suck a few years to get high draft picks.

Getting High picks doesn't always generate to success. Just look at Minnesota who has had a pick 7 or lower the last 6 years, after trading Garnett For Al jefferson (Bynum would be Jefferson in this case?), and two First round picks (Granted they were low picks, but no team would trade a pick in the High Range Because A Dwight would only sign an extension with Certain Teams (CHI, LA, NY and they generally have low picks because they arent bad teams and B If Dwight would only sign an extension with certain teams that would limit his trade value since he has one year left on his contract.

2006 (Pick #6 Brandon Roy. Immediately traded)
2007 (Pick #7 Corey Brewer, bench player on the Mavericks)
2008 Kevin Love.
2009. Pick 5 and 6. (Jonny Flynn, and Ricky Rubio jonny flynn is a bust so far value barely meets NY's 6th man Toney Douglas who he's rumored to be traded for)
2010 Pick 4 Wesley johnson
2011 Pick 2 (Derrick Williams? TBA)

It seems like Minny always has high picks and they always disappoint. Not every team can build through the draft. The draft is a gamble. Players dont always pan out. Professional Scouts aren't always right.

If i was Orlando i would take that offer that would guarantee me a "low seed" every year and RUN but only if your sure Dwight is going to leave.

I know its not going to happen but i think an offer of Amare for Dwight would benefit both sides. Sure its a slap in the face to Amare, but i feel like Dwights game compliments Carmelo's game more than Amare's Game, and Amare by himself on a team with decent role Players would give you at least a playoff team

Sandman
06-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Money owned to him? Bynum is only signed for 2 more years and the 2nd yr is a team option.. If Drew is not a good asset why do you hear analyst and sports writer mention him as trading chip? coz i guess he has the talent and potential.. Without those injury concern Bynum is the clear no 2 center behind howard.
Cause he's the only chip the Lakers got, thats why he gets mentioned. On his bum knees he is absolutely not the #2 center.

Where are you getting that info man? Lakers have the highest payroll followed by the mavs..
The Magic cut a little bit of salary in the Lewis/Carter trades, they had the #1 payroll at the beginning of the season.

Its all about risk..IF magic wanna risk losing dwight for nothing or just a few assets like what the cavs get for LBJ they will hang on to dwight and let him walk in FA..
There's a lot less at risk. What are DH's options? Everybody is overlooking that.

SP17
06-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Getting High picks doesn't always generate to success. Just look at Minnesota who has had a pick 7 or lower the last 6 years, after trading Garnett For Al jefferson (Bynum would be Jefferson in this case?), and two First round picks (Granted they were low picks, but no team would trade a pick in the High Range Because A Dwight would only sign an extension with Certain Teams (CHI, LA, NY and they generally have low picks because they arent bad teams and B If Dwight would only sign an extension with certain teams that would limit his trade value since he has one year left on his contract.

2006 (Pick #6 Brandon Roy. Immediately traded)
2007 (Pick #7 Corey Brewer, bench player on the Mavericks)
2008 Kevin Love.
2009. Pick 5 and 6. (Jonny Flynn, and Ricky Rubio jonny flynn is a bust so far value barely meets NY's 6th man Toney Douglas who he's rumored to be traded for)
2010 Pick 4 Wesley johnson
2011 Pick 2 (Derrick Williams? TBA)

It seems like Minny always has high picks and they always disappoint. Not every team can build through the draft. The draft is a gamble. Players dont always pan out. Professional Scouts aren't always right.

If i was Orlando i would take that offer that would guarantee me a "low seed" every year and RUN but only if your sure Dwight is going to leave.

I know its not going to happen but i think an offer of Amare for Dwight would benefit both sides. Sure its a slap in the face to Amare, but i feel like Dwights game compliments Carmelo's game more than Amare's Game, and Amare by himself on a team with decent role Players would give you at least a playoff team

probably a benefit on your side not on the magic side..you know that amare is owned a average of almost 20 million a year right? why would the magic do that..to be a low seed and have Amare,turk and arenas eat all your cap space for the next 3-4 years and those players are either old or has injury concerns.
Magic would be in super deep salary **** if they take that deal..
They can trade him to other teams and gain a young player,picks and salary relief..

Sandman
06-20-2011, 12:59 PM
This makes a little bit of sense, they could work the hometown hero angle.

SP17
06-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Cause he's the only chip the Lakers got, thats why he gets mentioned. On his bum knees he is absolutely not the #2 center.

hahaha..so who is the next center behind dwight? He even played better than gasol in the playoffs..

The Magic cut a little bit of salary in the Lewis/Carter trades, they had the #1 payroll at the beginning of the season.

same goes for the lakers..they even had sasha at 5.6 million so i think they rank higher than the magic.

There's a lot less at risk. What are DH's options? Everybody is overlooking that.

His options after this next season includes a lot of pretty decent teams..
Ny would have the cap space pending moves, NJ, and also those Celtics..

So if Dwight bolts via FA what can the magic get from those 3 teams i mentioned.?

todu82
06-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and our 1st rounder in this year's draft would be Detroit's offer.

Sandman
06-20-2011, 01:15 PM
His options after this next season includes a lot of pretty decent teams..
Ny would have the cap space pending moves, NJ, and also those Celtics..

So if Dwight bolts via FA what can the magic get from those 3 teams i mentioned.?
Exactly, these are the options we have to worry about. We need to see what NY does because they are probably the most attractive to Deron/CP3 and Howard. Then we have to see what Boston does about Jeff Green, Glen Davis, and whether they're willing to renounce rights to KG and Ray Allen. Then we have to see if New Jersey can manipulate its roster. Deron Williams' contract, if he even stays, puts them right about at the salary cap.

Until one of those teams has you worried, you don't help Dwight take his talents to Hollywood or anywhere else.