PDA

View Full Version : will the nba put another team in Seattle?

Mobsterkel
06-17-2011, 12:07 PM
They way the new owner betrayed the city of Seattle, Lied, and ultimitly moved a prized franchise to his hometown, was shameless, and just plain wrong. So glad the old owner sued the owner of the thunder and kept the rights to the name the sonics and the colors etc. Do you guys everthink they will bring back the Sonics? Seattle had 1 championship, 3 conf. titles and 6 division titles. The whole reason they were moved "Apparently was because of stadium issues, it held 17,800 people, The "owner" and the nba wanted a new stadium built, They wanted the tax payers to pay for it, and they voted not too, yet wealthy induviduals in the area said they would pay for a new arena but they just ignored, because his agenda all along was to buy the team and move them to okc no matter what the circumstances.

Do you guys think there will be another nba team in seattle sometime soon, remember they brought charlotte back? and new orleans but that was a legit move from charlotte.

http://www.halloffamememorabilia.com/images/products/p-284025-kevin-durant-seattle-supersonics-nba-8x10-photograph-2007-2-draft-pick-closeout-spe-aaa-10544.jpg

Mobsterkel
06-17-2011, 12:16 PM
we shall see

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-17-2011, 03:02 PM
I think it will be more like a team moves there instead of a expansion. Only team that is possibly relocating is the Kings but that is to Anaheim.

ULT WARRIOR408
06-17-2011, 04:18 PM
Yea I love Seattle its 1 of my favorite cities.I've got fam in the Ranier area & in places like Bellevue,Kent,Rentoun,etc.:up:

Yeah I say eventually the emerold city will getta another team their but its gonna be a while imo.Like B'sceltsPatsSox said more than likely a team is gonna have to relocate their though.:nod:

Btw I agree that how Seattle lost the Sonic was some f'd-up :bs:.

12evolution 9
06-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Yea I love Seattle its 1 of my favorite cities.I've got fam in the Ranier area & in places like Bellevue,Kent,Rentoun,etc.:up:

Yeah I say eventually the emerold city will getta another team their but its gonna be a while imo.Like B'sceltsPatsSox said more than likely a team is gonna have to relocate their though.:nod:

Btw I agree that how Seattle lost the Sonic was some f'd-up :bs:.

ya... they had the best jerseys in the 90's .... the red/green/yellow colors with the ring around the SONIC ... and on the ring was a basketball....

**** was the bomb ... even the one with the Tower ... Sickness....

the Classy green and yellow ones, with the white were boring ... i think thats why they ended up moving... just playing..

but if they add a team to the west ... they will need to add a team to the east...

dont know if that would be good... is the NBA that big? I think 1 of the teams would have to be moved in order for Seattle to get a team...

or add a team in Seattle, and one in Kansas/Cincinnati/Virginia/St.Louis/ect.

KingsPhillies
06-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Here's the sad truth: Seattle will never get another NBA team until they get a new arena built. Key Arena is way outdated(much like my beloved Arco Arena), and that seems to be the major contributing factor these days for getting a team to move to (or stay in) your city.

As someone going through a relocation saga with my team, I really do feel for the people of Seattle. It's a great city with great fans. They did not deserve what happened to them. I always enjoy myself immensely when I visit. Hopefully one day I'll be able to visit and attend another Seattle Supersonics game!

DerekRE_3
06-17-2011, 05:36 PM
If they build a new arena, absolutely.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-17-2011, 06:07 PM
I would like to see a team return to Seattle. I'm not even a Sonics fan, and I was pissed when they moved the Sonics to OKC. So I can only imagine how Sonics fans felt. I'd also like to see MLB return to Montreal.

SportsFanatic10
06-17-2011, 07:51 PM
i hope so...the people there deserve it after losing their team to watch them become one of the best teams in the league shortly after.

THE GIPPER
06-17-2011, 08:00 PM
vancouver and seattle hopefully

Giants88
06-17-2011, 08:42 PM
I hope they give the Sonics back to Seatle.

Giraffes Rule
06-17-2011, 08:43 PM
They might move a current team, but the way that teams are losing money right now they really should not expand.

kgjfan243
06-17-2011, 08:48 PM
They won't expand, but I could see a struggling franchise moving to Seattle.
Kind of off topic, but do you guys see OKC ever honoring Gary Payton for his years with the Sonics? It will be a shame if this guy doesn't have his number retired somewhere.

Giants88
06-17-2011, 08:52 PM
They won't expand, but I could see a struggling franchise moving to Seattle.
Kind of off topic, but do you guys see OKC ever honoring Gary Payton for his years with the Sonics? It will be a shame if this guy doesn't have his number retired somewhere.

Agreed

Mobsterkel
06-18-2011, 01:59 AM
I remember hearing during that whole thing that microsoft said they would be willing to build a new arena under there name, but who really knows what happened behind. The scenes. Im a jazz fun but used to love watching the sonics when they had g patron and kemp some epic battles with the jazz. And ray allen as well or even rashard lewis. Its shame what happened. But why the hell do we need another dam team in so cal how would that be a good decision. It would be an epic fail. Imagine they already have the clippers and lakers and practically everyone in anaheim are avid lakers fans and have been years. I bet the kings stay in sac but if they relocate or the hornets I hope its seattle the nba owes it to them and its a huge market.