PDA

View Full Version : How much is Greg Oden worth in the free agency?

Snapcracklepop
06-17-2011, 10:03 AM
rumorers say he wont be back until the 2012 of january, which mean he probably wont be in good playing shapes until lests say march?

his per chirtysix numbers are amazing: 16 point, 12 rebounds, 3.4 blocks, 6 fouls(:speechless:), 60% from the field

wanna kno something funny? his prior year, his per chirtysix had him at 6.5 fouls:cool: how, i dont know?

anyway, i have two survvey question please pickup please:

1. If portlands gives Oden an offer, how much is fair, given his injury history, compare to his ability?

2. If you are other team(celtic, heats, other), how much do you pay to sign him?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

my answer:

1. portland should offer a 3 year, MLE type deal

2. any team that need him should offer around 4 year, 6-7 per year, and pray to God that the Amnasty claus comes

DodgerBulls
06-17-2011, 10:18 AM
rumorers say he wont be back until the 2012 of january, which mean he probably wont be in good playing shapes until lests say march?

his per chirtysix numbers are amazing: 16 point, 12 rebounds, 3.4 blocks, 6 fouls(:speechless:), 60% from the field

wanna kno something funny? his prior year, his per chirtysix had him at 6.5 fouls:cool: how, i dont know?

anyway, i have two survvey question please pickup please:

1. If portlands gives Oden an offer, how much is fair, given his injury history, compare to his ability?

2. If you are other team(celtic, heats, other), how much do you pay to sign him?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

my answer:

1. portland should offer a 3 year, MLE type deal

2. any team that need him should offer around 4 year, 6-7 per year, and pray to God that the Amnasty claus comes

Great talent, but he's career is similar, if not the same as Grant Hill. I really can't pull out a number, but i'm predicting 6/year is really pushing. With his talents he is worth the money, but durability wise, hell NO!

ne3xchamps
06-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Those numbers are miss leading seeming how he has yet to log a full season.

1. agree with you on the MLE, but for 2 years IMO.

2. That's what other teams should offer too. Not 6-7M/yr. No way. Start him off MLE, and if he proves he can stay healthy, then take a chance on resigning him for more $ as long as the numbers justify it.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Phoenix and their trainers should sign him. Defense in Phoenix :speechless:

PhillyFaninLA
06-17-2011, 10:25 AM
He won't get more than 1 or 2 years at a low number....heavily dependent upon the new CBA rules.

The thing is when bigs keep getting knees, feel, really any part of the legs injured they don't stop. Oden I don't think can stay be healthy at this point.

Snapcracklepop
06-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Those numbers are miss leading seeming how he has yet to log a full season.

1. agree with you on the MLE, but for 2 years IMO.

2. That's what other teams should offer too. Not 6-7M/yr. No way. Start him off MLE, and if he proves he can stay healthy, then take a chance on resigning him for more $ as long as the numbers justify it.

i have feeling he would not except a two year deal unless its the only offer on the table by time regular season begin

but about five to six millions per season for about 3 year is good

dnewguy
06-17-2011, 11:16 AM
He's worth -$10 million for 3yrs. Which means he should pay Portland $10million back to play in the NBA over the next 3 years.

jiggin
06-17-2011, 02:09 PM
from Joel Freeman's (oregonian) twitter account, Oden's agent (Mike Conley Sr) has said would be "excited" about discussion a long-term contract extension with the team. :

"That would be fantastic," said Oden's agent, Mike Conley, regarding a multiyear deal. "We would definitely be excited about that."

Either way, Conley says, Oden would be attractive in free agency: "He’s intriguing to a lot of people. It will all come down to the physical condition Greg is in at the time. He’ll have to prove he’s ready. But if that’s the case, people will be interested."

http://twitter.com/#!/BlazerFreeman/status/80406406070677504

Snapcracklepop
06-17-2011, 02:52 PM
He's worth -$10 million for 3yrs. Which means he should pay Portland $10million back to play in the NBA over the next 3 years.

wayy too much for a player who get 10 foul per game

blastmasta26
06-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Definitely.

Kyben36
06-17-2011, 05:02 PM
healthy, I still think he is worht the max, but he cant stay healthy .

AKAYaReal
06-17-2011, 05:06 PM
His best bet to ever make money in the league is to take a low 2yr deal to prove himself, have a great 2nd yr and hope for a good 4-5 yr contract with a team.

Honestly, he should be lucky to get 3mil a yr seeing how he is not projected to even play for half of this up and coming season meaning he may not even play this season and if he does, wont play enough to really get into the flow of things.

bringinwood
06-17-2011, 06:03 PM
In a league that has Kendrick Perkins getting 10MM per season and Samuel Dalembert raking in the same amount over 5 seasons, Oden will get 8-12MM per campaign...

Is he worth that much ??? I would tend to believe yes... With the lack of quality offense coming out of the center position these days, he is worth the risk for a guy that could turn out being worth a max contract...

Giraffes Rule
06-17-2011, 06:09 PM
In a league that has Kendrick Perkins getting 10MM per season and Samuel Dalembert raking in the same amount over 5 seasons, Oden will get 8-12MM per campaign...

Is he worth that much ??? I would tend to believe yes... With the lack of quality offense coming out of the center position these days, he is worth the risk for a guy that could turn out being worth a max contract...

Perkins isn't getting 10 a year. At most he's going to get 9 in 2014/15, and other than last year hasn't missed a ton of time due to injury.

Someone will probably overpay Oden to the tune of 5-6 million a year, but if I'm a GM I wouldn't give him more than 2. Those knees are trouble, and that's the kind of move that gets a guy fired.

bringinwood
06-17-2011, 06:18 PM
Perkins isn't getting 10 a year. At most he's going to get 9 in 2014/15, and other than last year hasn't missed a ton of time due to injury.

Someone will probably overpay Oden to the tune of 5-6 million a year, but if I'm a GM I wouldn't give him more than 2. Those knees are trouble, and that's the kind of move that gets a guy fired.

http://www.nesn.com/2011/03/report-kendrick-perkins-signs-contract-extension-with-oklahoma-city.html

You're right about Kendrick Perkins extension, but wrong in regards to how this plays out for Oden... He got a ridiculous extension in regards to what his attributes are on the floor... You get zero offense from him... It's a tribute to how few quality centers there are in the NBA...

With that said, look at Andrew Bynum... It's a good comparison because Bynum is every bit the injury risk that Greg Oden is except Bynum has more miles on his knees...

Also, what did Kwame Brown sign for with the Bobcats ??? Darko Milicic with the T-Wolves ???

Do you really think teams are going to sign these guys for 5MM+ per season and Greg Oden ( who has more ability then both of those two combined) won't garner a multiyear deal for 8MM+ ???

Oden will get paid... Whether it's a smart move or a dumb one will remain to be seen, but he will get a substantial contract from a team in need of stability at the 5...

NYKnicksAllDay
06-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Until he can prove he can stay healthy, I wouldn't even offer him the MLE. Yes, he is a talented big man. But he can't stay healthy.

JPHX
06-17-2011, 06:31 PM
for the sake of his career, let him come to the desert. @ 3mil for 3 years.

Snapcracklepop
06-17-2011, 06:42 PM
http://www.nesn.com/2011/03/report-kendrick-perkins-signs-contract-extension-with-oklahoma-city.html

You're right about Kendrick Perkins extension, but wrong in regards to how this plays out for Oden... He got a ridiculous extension in regards to what his attributes are on the floor... You get zero offense from him... It's a tribute to how few quality centers there are in the NBA...

With that said, look at Andrew Bynum... It's a good comparison because Bynum is every bit the injury risk that Greg Oden is except Bynum has more miles on his knees...

Also, what did Kwame Brown sign for with the Bobcats ??? Darko Milicic with the T-Wolves ???

Do you really think teams are going to sign these guys for 5MM+ per season and Greg Oden ( who has more ability then both of those two combined) won't garner a multiyear deal for 8MM+ ???

Oden will get paid... Whether it's a smart move or a dumb one will remain to be seen, but he will get a substantial contract from a team in need of stability at the 5...

hmm. good point, maybe seven million, because look at the guys you mention, atleast they manage to play 50 games a season, you know?

NYKnicksAllDay
06-17-2011, 06:42 PM
for the sake of his career, let him come to the desert. @ 3mil for 3 years.

He should consider going there just for the training staff.

Snapcracklepop
06-17-2011, 06:43 PM
He should consider going there just for the training staff.

hey, it help shaq a few year ago

Adzman
06-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Oden is going to land somewhere, but at the moment he really is not worth MLE money with any team. The new CBA is going ot hurt players like Oden who have a massive question mark over their ability to stay on the court.

I doubt a team is going to offer him more than a 3 year deal. If he can get a 10-12 mil deal over 3 he should take it with whoever he can get it with. For the record, I loved Greg in college and thought he was the ideal pick at #1. I would happily have him at Boston for 3 years at 10-12 mil.

Sevilla91
06-17-2011, 07:12 PM

playmaker_41
06-17-2011, 07:32 PM

we'd love to sign him, except that warrick contract has us crippled for the next 4 years unless we can dump him

aztr0
06-17-2011, 09:43 PM
He should play for Portland for free, since he pretty much bagged the money from the duration of his contract. :D
But seriously, he'll probably get a one year deal to prove to the league he can perform on the court and last a season. Then the teams will start to take a serious look at him for longer term.

Thorough-Eye
06-19-2011, 10:46 AM
A buck, maybe buck and a half.

JasonJohnHorn
06-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Well, I look at it like this. He still has potential. He can still get double-digit rebounds, and he can still be a respectable force in the paint offensively (though certainly nothing to write home about). His defence, meh. His blocks-per-fouls numbers are not in the least bit impressive. Anybody can block 3+ blocks per36 if they are willing to take on 6 fouls, the trick is NOT FOULING in the process!

That, coupled with his history of injuries makes him worth little more than around 5-7 million for three years. I wouldnt put a long term investment, or a lot of money. 5-y million is a lot of money. There may be teams that would over pay him, and to them I would say: go ahead.

KnicksR4Real
06-19-2011, 10:58 AM
goes to phoenix

king4day
06-19-2011, 10:58 AM
I think a 2 year bi-annual exception would make the most sense.
It's free money the first year since he will be useless.
This reminds me of Jon Lieber when the Yanks got him.

They gave him a 2 year deal if I remember correctly and the first year he didn't play(or hardly played at all) (they knew that). They did it for the year after and it paid off for the most part.

This would be do or die for Oden. If he's healthy, then give him a bigger contract at the end of the 2nd year.

king4day
06-19-2011, 10:59 AM
we'd love to sign him, except that warrick contract has us crippled for the next 4 years unless we can dump him

Warrick only has 3 years left. Childress has the 4.

theheatles
06-19-2011, 11:59 AM
someone will overpay for him if he hits free agency

Agent008
06-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Why is everyone suggesting Phoenix? Don't they have a good defensive center in Gortat and a potentially good back-up in Lopez?

flclfanman
06-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Why is everyone suggesting Phoenix? Don't they have a good defensive center in Gortat and a potentially good back-up in Lopez?

B/c Phoenix has a bunch of miracle workers on their training staff that can keep guys on the court (Nash,Hill,Shaq,Carter,etc.)

On topic: I wouldn't be surprised if BOS or PHI threw some money at Oden.

jiggin
06-19-2011, 02:05 PM
blazers will offer him a multiyear deal before the end of the month deadline...you can put that in the bank and save it.