PDA

View Full Version : Could CP3 and D12 both join the Thunder?

HouRealCoach
06-17-2011, 01:56 AM
I think the Thunder have a ton of cap space as this offseason hits... Say if they were to get CP3 in a trade for Westbrook. Then wont they have enough to sign Dwight Howard? and if they want to do a S&T they will have Ibaka, Aldrich, Mullens, Hardens to throw at the two also...

Could this be a possibility?

Giraffes Rule
06-17-2011, 02:11 AM
Depends on the new CBA. Assuming they pick up the options of all the players they hold team options on (which they might not, but they have to fill out the roster some how) and also assuming they trade Westbrook for Paul straight up and give him an extension for ~16 million the first year... the Thunder would have 60 million on the books already in 2012. They won't be able to sign Howard as a free agent. Maybe sign and trade, but they don't have a lot of big contracts.

NYKnicksAllDay
06-17-2011, 02:17 AM
IDK if it will be possible. But Holy ****, if they were able to put CP3 and Dwight next to Durant, that team would be nasty.

allSUAVE
06-17-2011, 02:25 AM
not happening

b.mill
06-17-2011, 02:31 AM
& thats a Big Three that would mesh & compliment each so well without changing how they play whereas in Miami you have LeBron who has no clue how to play without the basketball. HIGHLY unlikely though. I wont say 0% but Ill say 1% (anything can happen).

BullsFTW
06-17-2011, 02:35 AM
Will not happen. The belief is Dwight wants to go to a big market. CP3 seems like Knick bound, but the Thunder could get CP3 also.

Prediction:
Dwight -> Chicago
CP3 -> OKC
D-Will -> Dallas

sharqstealth
06-17-2011, 02:46 AM
They wouldn't want to play in a small market.

YoungOne
06-17-2011, 02:51 AM
Will not happen. The belief is Dwight wants to go to a big market. CP3 seems like Knick bound, but the Thunder could get CP3 also.

Prediction:
Dwight -> Chicago
CP3 -> OKC
D-Will -> Dallas

a dream is not a prediction ;)

chisox721
06-17-2011, 02:53 AM
New CBA won't allow it

BullsFTW
06-17-2011, 02:53 AM
a dream is not a prediction ;)

Dreams do come true :eyebrow:

hgtiger32
06-17-2011, 03:01 AM

But I'm guessing you dreamt that LeBron and Wade were going to the Bulls last offseason

John Walls Era
06-17-2011, 03:13 AM

You need to get a math tutor.

Kyben36
06-17-2011, 03:20 AM
not as much cap as You might think, Durrants new contract kicks in this year, Perkins is making 7+ mil along with a bunch of players who are making around 5, if they trade westbrook for CP3 in a package, and perkins in a trade for Dwight, it might be possible. however, Unlikely if you ask me. Dwight seems like he wants to be the guy, no mater where he goes he wants to be the guy who is their go to player. with that said, he wants help as well, so its hard to find, I could not see him wanting chicago becuase of Rose, and hometown hero, basicly, dwight would allways be #2, OKC, I dont know if he, Durrant or Cp3 would be #1, I still dont think that the Heat could stop dwight if it came down to it.

TylerSL
06-17-2011, 03:45 AM
I dont see it. I see Dwight going to New Jersey with D-Will (they will be Brooklynn so there is your big market). CP3 will either go to New York or OKC. The only way I see him going to OKC though is if OKC moves Westbrook which IMO they need to do sometime anyway. If I had to choose between OKC or New York, I think CP3 will end up in New York.

politicorrect
06-17-2011, 03:53 AM
I seriously hope not, because than i'll have to hate those three as much as James, Wade and Bosh. I like Durant and Howard and I wouldn't want to see them throw away thier legacies like lebron has. I wouldn't mind Paul and Durant on the Thunder, and Kobe and Howard on the Lakers. But, all three on the same team would create some serious disrespect from NBA fans. IMO that would be worse than wade, bosh, and james, as those three together woukd have more talent than the miami 3 (as bosh isn't even that good)

Joshtd1
06-17-2011, 03:55 AM
Would like to see CP3 and Dwight in SA :smoking:

Really though, I'm not aware of the Clip's cap situation, but I could see Dwight wanting to be in a big market..can you imagine him and Blake the Earthquake front court. Along with CP3?

Carey
06-17-2011, 08:11 AM
Absolutely not, that would be a total 360 from the way we've been built, plus we couldnt afford it. We are in excellent position just the way we are.

BcEuAbRsS
06-17-2011, 08:31 AM
Absolutely not, that would be a total 360 from the way we've been built, plus we couldnt afford it. We are in excellent position just the way we are.

They lost to the Dallas Mavs and everybody wants to blow up one of the youngest teams in the NBA... Thunder are only gonna get better IMO...

rapjuicer06
06-17-2011, 10:26 AM

Prediction:
Dwight -> Chicago
CP3 -> OKC
D-Will -> Dallas

The belief is Dwight wants to win Championships. Chicago can not sign Dwight. Neither can OKC, but OKC has MUCH better pieces to offer Orlando than Chicago would. Dwight will not be in a Bulls jersey. I will sig bet anyone on that

JordansBulls
06-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Highly unlikely.

Hunter48MVP
06-17-2011, 11:19 AM
Dwight and Paul are going to the Lakers

PhillyFaninLA
06-17-2011, 11:21 AM
New CBA won't allow it

Really so you've seen it. Consider the old one doesn't expire for a few weeks I'm impressed you have this.

Please share the copy you have with the rest of us so that we can see the exact CBA rules since you so definitively know then you must have seen it.

You have no clue, none of do. You cannot make rules against free agents being allowed to sign wherever they want, you can set salaries, but you can't control where free agents go and where all stars are traded. No players union, no matter how bad it is would ever sign something like that, and it would also possibly be illegal to put those type of provisions in.

PhillyFaninLA
06-17-2011, 11:22 AM

I think Dwight will be but how do they get Paul.

KingPosey
06-17-2011, 11:32 AM
They lost to the Dallas Mavs and everybody wants to blow up one of the youngest teams in the NBA... Thunder are only gonna get better IMO...

I really dont know how much better this OKC team will get, but I can say this. Time is on their side. The West Powers are old, and are on the side of near decline.

OKC can wait it out and become a "great team" by default.

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 11:53 AM
Definatly not. Not with the cap and the new CBA coming.

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 11:54 AM

we're already over the cap, we can get one, not both. With a new cba coming around, it will make it even more unlikely :(

funkybudda
06-17-2011, 12:14 PM
I seriously hope not, because than i'll have to hate those three as much as James, Wade and Bosh. I like Durant and Howard and I wouldn't want to see them throw away thier legacies like lebron has. I wouldn't mind Paul and Durant on the Thunder, and Kobe and Howard on the Lakers. But, all three on the same team would create some serious disrespect from NBA fans. IMO that would be worse than wade, bosh, and james, as those three together woukd have more talent than the miami 3 (as bosh isn't even that good)

CP3 going to KNicks will not even come close to LBJ's "THE DECISION" effect on the whole NBA. No comparison.

Denver-boy
06-17-2011, 12:36 PM
false. Howards coming to Denver, And i'm highly reliable source :)

Giraffes Rule
06-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Really so you've seen it. Consider the old one doesn't expire for a few weeks I'm impressed you have this.

Please share the copy you have with the rest of us so that we can see the exact CBA rules since you so definitively know then you must have seen it.

You have no clue, none of do. You cannot make rules against free agents being allowed to sign wherever they want, you can set salaries, but you can't control where free agents go and where all stars are traded. No players union, no matter how bad it is would ever sign something like that, and it would also possibly be illegal to put those type of provisions in.

We have a little bit of knowledge, just from the current CBA and the stories that have come out saying what the owners want. I think there's one thing that's guaranteed when they get this new CBA done. Teams will not have a higher cap or more flexibility to sign star players. They might have the same, or probably less with a hard cap, but I highly doubt they would make it easier for teams to do what the Heat did.

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-17-2011, 03:18 PM
The Bulls definitely have the pieces to trade for Howard.

Bulls can send them any combination of Noah with Boozer, Gibson, or Deng, while taking on Turkoglu's contract.

I can definitely see this happening.

Slimsim
06-17-2011, 03:29 PM
now Chicago fans want D 12 after overrating Noah for so long.

jiggin
06-17-2011, 03:37 PM
I hate these player acronyms...if you want to call them that.

when did this become "cool"...?

seriously....********.

its almost as bad as someone refering to themselves in the third person.

leave it to america...too damn lazy to say a persons name.

George Orwell - your "dream" isn't to far off it seems.

ramsizzle
06-17-2011, 03:53 PM

Noah is in no way shape or form overrated...if he was on your team you would know why. But its Dwight freaking Howard, of course you trade him for the best center in the NBA.

HouRealCoach
06-17-2011, 03:53 PM

No one is saying they need to blow their team up... But if any team in the NBA has a chance to get Howard and Chris Paul than they would do whatever to get it, especially if you can keep your best player. and Its just a question...

ManRam
06-17-2011, 03:57 PM

As a Magic fan I'd be PISSED if we traded Howard to Chicago for their "amazing" packages.

It would keep us in a bad cap situation (Boozer, Noah and Deng have dumb contracts; ones not conducive to rebuilding). We'd be stuck with being an OK team for at least 3-4 years. None of those guys are going to lead a team anywhere. I'd rather dump him for a package like what Utah and Denver got than Noah/Deng and/or Boozer and whatever else they think we want.

And to answer this question..."no". This will never happen. No way they both got to OKC.

blastmasta26
06-17-2011, 04:45 PM
The Thunder have a very nice team.

Westbrook/Maynor
Sefolosha/Harden
Durant
Ibaka
Perkins/Collison

That's a nice 8 man rotation, I think all they need is internal improvement to be elite: most notably, Durant needs to keep improving his D and perfect his offense and Westbrook needs to be a better/more willing facilitator.

I highly doubt both Dwight and Paul go to OKC, I think a trade package revolving around Westbrook for Paul would be very beneficial for the Thunder though.

x21x NiNJA x21x
06-17-2011, 06:16 PM
Ehh, it would be nice. But I'll rather keep our team as it is. We just need a veteran, and his name is T.Prince

Pg- Westbrook / Maynor
Sg- Harden / Sefo
Sf- Durant / Prince
Pf- Ibaka / Collison
C- Perkins / Aldrich / Mullens