PDA

View Full Version : Antoine Wright doesn’t have an NBA gig because of his mom

FriedTofuz
06-16-2011, 09:59 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Antoine-Wright-doesn-8217-t-have-an-NBA-gig-bec?urn=nba-wp5133

Count former NBA washout Antoine Wright(notes) among those who are getting it all wrong. And while plays on words are just about the worst thing ever, they pale in comparison to losing a job on an NBA team, in this case the Sacramento Kings, because you just yelled at one of your coaches because the coach (a former starter on a two-time NBA championship team) didn't want to pose for pictures with your mother.

I had an issue with one of the coaches and my mother," said Wright, who was with the then-Mavericks assistant Elie and Kings coach Paul Westphal in Dallas from 2008-09 as a key reserve. "Mario Elie. I'll say his name because I had a history with him. We had just lost a game. It was over the holiday, Thanksgiving holiday, and my mother was in town and in the [team] family room [at Power Balance Pavilion in Sacramento]. She came up to Mario Elie, and said, 'I'm Antoine Wright's mom. Can I have a picture with you?' My mom is a fan of the game, a big fan of Mario Elie, and he said, 'No, I'm with my family.'

"We're a team now, so I came into practice [the next day] and told everybody, I said, 'When we go into film, I'm just going to put Mario on blast.' So I walk in last, and I come in through the front and Mario is in the back, and I said, 'Man, you know what? That's foul what you did to my mom. All she wanted was a picture. Everybody in this room would have took a picture with your mom if she asked, or anybody else's mom in this room. That's probably why we don't have any team chemistry.'

"The next day [Kings officials] came in and were like, 'Uh, this is not really working for you. It's not working for us. No hard feelings. We wish you the best.' I said, 'Thanks for the opportunity, and I'm gone.

Mario should have taken pictures with antoines mom. I dont see the problem. It's sad to see hes no longer in the nba because of this incident.

proper
06-16-2011, 10:02 PM
he's a good player i remember he was a lock defender for toronto.

pd1dish
06-16-2011, 10:20 PM
its stupid to say that "hes not in the NBA because of this incident". if he had any value, this wouldnt keep him off other teams. maybe the Kings but that leaves 31 other teams. he obviously has other issues or hes just not a good player.

dfbhsfhbfd
06-16-2011, 10:21 PM
gugugg http://www.bingstore.us

accept paypal credit card

lower price fast shippment with higher quality ( http://www.bingstore.us )

BEST QUALITY GUARANTEE!!

SAFTY & HONESTY GUARANTEE!!

FAST & PROMPT DELIVERY GUARANTEE!!

Packing: All the products are packed with original boxes and tags also retro cards/ code
numder

Features: AAA QUALITY, COMPETITIVE PRICE AND SERVICE
1) The goods are shipping by air express, such as EMS,the shipping time is in 5-7 business days
2) They are in stock now;
3) Various styles and color for clients’ choice
4) The Products are fit for most people, because of our wholesale price

ugg45$ puma gucci$35,nike jordans six ring,yeezy$%5!!

new era caps$13 gucci handbags jeans,t-shirts sunglass,caps

true religion jeans$35,ca,ed hardy jeans$35,nfl jerseys$20

LV,CHANAL,HANDBAGS$35——— http://www.bingstore.us

FriedTofuz
06-16-2011, 10:34 PM
its stupid to say that "hes not in the NBA because of this incident". if he had any value, this wouldnt keep him off other teams. maybe the Kings but that leaves 31 other teams. he obviously has other issues or hes just not a good player.

He was under contract with the kings. They let him go right after this incident. Im sure he could have provided them some some help.

Gibby
06-16-2011, 10:34 PM
he's a good player i remember he was a lock defender for toronto.

that was over exaggerated. i say he is an average to abover average defender. But he had a poor offensive game.

I dont think this is the reason he is not in the nba. He is a fringe nba player, i think thats why he is not in the nba now. plus he had some injury problems too.

pd1dish
06-16-2011, 10:36 PM
He was under contract with the kings. They let him go right after this incident. Im sure he could have provided them some some help.

yeah, i understand what happened. but, if he were actually a good player, another team would have picked him up...

John Walls Era
06-16-2011, 10:37 PM
He was amazing before the AS break when he kept hitting 3s. But overall he had a poor offensive game, was a decent defender.

ALL_i-Do_is-Win
06-16-2011, 10:37 PM
No offense to Wright but if he is good enough he will be back on a roster somewhere
However I do feel bad for him
He is a decent player
Good defender

FriedTofuz
06-16-2011, 10:42 PM
wright is a very good defender, his offense was coming along too.

Sadds The Gr8
06-16-2011, 10:44 PM
wright is a very good defender, his offense was coming along too.

boost. no he isn't. he's a decent man defender but that's it.

DerekRE_3
06-16-2011, 10:48 PM
Wright was awful during his time with the Kings. He also managed to get a DUI while with the team. Total winner.

Ebbs
06-16-2011, 10:58 PM
Wright should get a job with another team if this is the case.

And I agree what a dick. However "putting him on blast" in front of the team was probably a bad call. I think coming to him privately and than having words might have been smarter.

TrueFan420
06-16-2011, 11:05 PM
Wright should get a job with another team if this is the case.

And I agree what a dick. However "putting him on blast" in front of the team was probably a bad call. I think coming to him privately and than having words might have been smarter.

that would have been the adult way to handle it.

Bulls_fan90
06-16-2011, 11:18 PM
No offense to Wright but if he is good enough he will be back on a roster somewhere
However I do feel bad for him
He is a decent player
Good defender

True. He actually has a few scheduled workouts with some NBA teams, including the Bulls.

IBleedPurple
06-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Elie was in the wrong, and Wright acted immature.

This dismissal falls on the coaching staff/FO. That is no reason to release a player. Talk it out.

FriedTofuz
06-16-2011, 11:22 PM

This dismissal falls on the coaching staff/FO. That is no reason to release a player. Talk it out.

Wright Handled it in an immature fashion. Ellie on the other hand, should have been more appreciative of his fans and should have taken a picture with antoines mom. I see no harm in doing so. Hopefully, wright can get a contract again. He was a SOLID defender and his 3pt shooting was getting better in the 2009-2010 season.

210Don
06-16-2011, 11:45 PM
i remember him with the mavs he was okay. nothing special also in new jersey he was the 15th pick... what a was of talent....

DoJoTheSlasher
06-17-2011, 12:41 AM
He is a very average defender and can't score worth a ****. Thought he could develop into a solid role player after the Kidd trade but he simply is not that good of a player.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2011, 12:55 AM

The guy got busted for a DUI during the season. Then he got all upset at a coach. Oh....and he was absolutely atrocious on the court. The guy had a negative PER, which I didn't even know was possible.

Hellcrooner
06-17-2011, 01:37 AM
my dog ate my homework....

LeonFSU
06-17-2011, 01:54 AM
The Magic could use him. He is better than Quentin Richardson.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2011, 02:06 AM

No, he really isn't.

Whomewhome
06-17-2011, 02:47 AM
no he isn't QR is much better. Antoine Wright is a good 12-14th man to have.

smith&wesson
06-17-2011, 03:10 AM
I wouldnt mind him back on the raptors. were not very deep at the 3. we can use his D, and he is a streaky shooter.

CityofTreez
06-17-2011, 03:15 AM

You got to be kidding me Right?

After a stupid incident where Mario Ellie turned down a camera pic while he was with his family during the Holidays, Antoine Wright tried to "embarass him" and "show his true colors" in the lockeroom.

You want to know where Antoine Wright is right now?

Playing basketball in Japan/China, and he's getting his fair share of camera pics from the Japanese/Chinese he wanted in the 1st Place!

If anything, he would of made our Team worse, disrupting chemistry over Mario Ellie rejecting a picture with his Mother!

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 12:04 PM
You got to be kidding me Right?

After a stupid incident where Mario Ellie turned down a camera pic while he was with his family during the Holidays, Antoine Wright tried to "embarass him" and "show his true colors" in the lockeroom.

You want to know where Antoine Wright is right now?

Playing basketball in Japan/China, and he's getting his fair share of camera pics from the Japanese/Chinese he wanted in the 1st Place!

If anything, he would of made our Team worse, disrupting chemistry over Mario Ellie rejecting a picture with his Mother!

He created disrupting chemistry because Ellie would not comply and take a picture with antoines mother. Really, it isnt much to ask. I dont see why Ellie couldnt just take a picture. It takes less than 10 seconds to smile and pose for a picture. Regardless if Ellie was with family, I dont see the harm.

As for wright, hes merly upset and offended that Ellie wouldnt take a picture. As for wrights defense, believe me when i tell you, he is a very good defender. Hes been able to stay with stars and lock them down. His shooting was getting better too . He was playing alot better and could potentially live up to the hype when he was drafted 15th overall.

DerekRE_3
06-17-2011, 12:08 PM
He created disrupting chemistry because Ellie would not comply and take a picture with antoines mother. Really, it isnt much to ask. I dont see why Ellie couldnt just take a picture. It takes less than 10 seconds to smile and pose for a picture. Regardless if Ellie was with family, I dont see the harm.

As for wright, hes merly upset and offended that Ellie wouldnt take a picture. As for wrights defense, believe me when i tell you, he is a very good defender. Hes been able to stay with stars and lock them down. His shooting was getting better too . He was playing alot better and could potentially live up to the hype when he was drafted 15th overall.

Antoine Wright was by far, no question, the worst player on the Kings last season during his short time there. He shot 12% from the field. He did nothing. He had a PER of -4.79. Just by watching him and forgetting his stats, he looked atrocious on the offensive end. None of his shots looked anywhere close to good. His defense wasn't nearly good enough to make the Kings forgive his absolute ineptitude on offense. With him on the floor, it's 4 on 5 on offense.

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Antoine Wright was by far, no question, the worst player on the Kings last season during his short time there. He shot 12% from the field. He did nothing. He had a PER of -4.79.

His previous season with the raptors was a lot better. His defense and shooting had come a long way. Its unfortunate that he could not reciprocate that with the kings.

JeffG20
06-17-2011, 12:10 PM
If the man was with his family i wouldnt have taken a picture either. Nothing wrong with the guy wanting to spend time with his family who he probably doesnt see alot. Like others have said if he was really worth a damn he'd be on a team

CityofTreez
06-17-2011, 04:14 PM
As for wrights defense, believe me when i tell you, he is a very good defender. Hes been able to stay with stars and lock them down. His shooting was getting better too . He was playing alot better and could potentially live up to the hype when he was drafted 15th overall.

Oh Yeah, well why is he playing in China/Japan then?

Because he sucks and can't guard a player for his life, and had to go overseas to find a job.

Players are hit/miss in the NBA Draft, Antoine Wright is a perfect example. All of the teams he played for (Raptors, Mavericks, Kings) were never successful while he was on their rosters!

FriedTofuz
06-18-2011, 02:08 AM
Oh Yeah, well why is he playing in China/Japan then?

Because he sucks and can't guard a player for his life, and had to go overseas to find a job.Players are hit/miss in the NBA Draft, Antoine Wright is a perfect example. All of the teams he played for (Raptors, Mavericks, Kings) were never successful while he was on their rosters!

He Cant guard a player for his life? Not true. His defensive abilities are impressive, his offensive on the other hand, needs alot of work.

Not true, Antoine was even better than turkoglu. Antoines impact defensively on aposing small forwards/ guards was definatly helpful. Look at the raptors play before the all star break, your opinion will definatly change.