PDA

View Full Version : Cavs strggling on who to draft with #1 pick

FriedTofuz
06-16-2011, 04:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=mc-spears_cleveland_cavaliers_nba_draft_061511

Eight days before the NBA draft, Cleveland Cavaliers coach Byron Scott told Yahoo! Sports the franchise isn’t close to deciding whether to use the No. 1 pick on Duke guard Kyrie Irving or Arizona forward Derrick Williams.

The Cavaliers have the first and fourth picks in the June 23 draft in Newark, N.J. Who they decide to take with the top pick could be determined by whether they decide to pursue another guard like Kentucky’s Brandon Knight or Connecticut’s Kemba Walker at No. 4 – or whether they receive an enticing trade offer, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. The Cavs also have workouts scheduled for early next week that will factor in their decision.

“The main reason is we want to do our due diligence on the other guys as well,” Scott said on why a decision hasn’t been made. “We have a few more workouts we want to get in before we really want to start evaluating on who we think is the best possible pick at No. 1 and who we think is the best at No. 4. So, by no means, has anyone in our organization who has been to our workouts said, ‘Derrick Williams is our first pick’ or ‘Kyrie Irving is our first pick.’

“We’re all keeping an open mind and understand we have a few more workouts to go through. Both of those guys are very, very good basketball players in our minds. Both are going to have a long career, but no way are we set on a guy.”

Scott said one of his friends called recently to suggest the Cavaliers draft Williams first and Knight fourth. Such a move would be risky because Knight is getting consideration from the Utah Jazz with the third pick. Sources said Cleveland has already worked out Turkish center Enes Kanter and Texas forward Tristan Thompson, and has heavily scouted Czech Republic forward Jan Vesley and Lithuanian center Jonas Valanciunas. They also have a workout scheduled with Knight.

Both options seem good. I personally think the cavs should draft irving and kanter with their fourth. Taking willliams and hoping knight is available, might not work out. This is because the jazz have been interested in knight

WolvesJagsOs
06-16-2011, 04:09 PM
To me, i think he is just saying this. Pretty sure they are already set on Irving...

todu82
06-16-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I think they go with Irving, he's more or less the BPA in this draft.

elonepb
06-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Just shows you how bad this draft is.

WolvesJagsOs
06-16-2011, 04:23 PM
Just shows you how bad this draft is.

ITs not bad. IDK why people keep saying that. Is it filled with stars? no, but it does have alot of players that will probably be pretty solid players in the nba.

elonepb
06-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Is it filled with stars? no, but...

Exactly. Bad draft. People who have the #1 - #3 picks are often hoping for franchise changing players.

Good draft for teams in the late 20's though. Teams who want role players and solid average NBA talent.

jakedajewler
06-16-2011, 04:30 PM
ITs not bad. IDK why people keep saying that. Is it filled with stars? no, but it does have alot of players that will probably be pretty solid players in the nba.

you are correct, there are good players in the draft every single year, go back and look at every draft you'll see good players have come out of it. Might not be superstars every single year but good nba'ers

Badluck33
06-16-2011, 04:31 PM
Don't believe him. Its Irving.

Chicago did the same thing with Rose or Beasley.

JOhnnyTHaJet
06-16-2011, 04:49 PM
I still think they should try and get that #2 pick. Williams and Irving could really help that franchise. And then who knows maybe they get Mike Gilchrist next season? It would be one hell of an up and coming team.

The 916 Guy
06-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Don't believe him. Its Irving.

Chicago did the same thing with Rose or Beasley.

But what's the point of lying when you have the #1 pick? Not that I disagree with you, I would be surprised if they pass on Irving.

TheRunKiller
06-16-2011, 04:58 PM
They should pick Williams there's not to many players like him Irving will be the next Mike Conley he won't be Chris Paul

Jay
06-16-2011, 05:14 PM
They should pick Williams there's not to many players like him Irving will be the next Mike Conley he won't be Chris Paul

What this guy said.

Carey
06-16-2011, 05:23 PM

I agree, i think its really deep with role players, also has some guys from say 20 to 40 that have real ability that may just need a couple years of seasoning in the right system.

I think the Cavs will go with Irving, i dont think the Cavs can take a guy without a clear cut position at #1 overall. Williams is 6'7'' with a nice wingspan but he still doesnt have the bulk to be a full time 4, probably will struggle to guard 3's to begin with but once he gets experience he should adequately be able to guard 3's and play a little 4 in small lineups.

D-Will4Prez
06-16-2011, 05:31 PM

There are players like Williams in this league, namely Shelden Williams, Marvin Williams (funny that they have the same last name), and Michael Beasley...these guys are all roleplayers at best.

Jsoul101
06-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Cavs should just trade for the 2nd overall so they don't have to struggle
or beg LBJ to come back =)

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-16-2011, 05:58 PM
I like Williams more.

BALLER R
06-16-2011, 06:14 PM
just a question but if they were to package both their picks what kind of return do you think they would catch?

FriedTofuz
06-16-2011, 07:36 PM

They actually have been trying to aquire the 2nd pick. I wonder how good their scouting staff is. If they really cant decide, maybe aquiring two picks would be safe

DeyAce
06-16-2011, 08:12 PM
They should draft Williams and Kemba

daleja424
06-16-2011, 08:25 PM
I say draft Williams... then worst case scenario they end up with Kanter and have a beastly frontcourt duo... and could trade Hickson for a young PG prospect

lvlheaded
06-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Cavs should draft Williams number 1. There is little to no chance that Kahn is gonna draft ANOTHER PG at number 2 now that Rubio is coming over. Unless he trades the pick, they will probably take Kanter. My guess is that one of Knight or Irving will be on the board at 4. Williams/Hickson/Irving or Knight will make for a nice core for the Cavs

Yanks All Day
06-16-2011, 09:09 PM
Cavs should draft Williams number 1. There is little to no chance that Kahn is gonna draft ANOTHER PG at number 2 now that Rubio is coming over. Unless he trades the pick, they will probably take Kanter. My guess is that one of Knight or Irving will be on the board at 4. Williams/Hickson/Irving or Knight will make for a nice core for the Cavs

There is no chance Irving will be on the board at 4. The way I see it, Williams is a player without a true position in the NBA. Being in between a 3 and a 4 is a big situation. Derrick Williams is the size of a 3 with the moveset of a 4 and pretty good range. There are big men that can be had at 4, but Kemba Walker and Brandon Knight are not anywhere near the player that Kyrie Irving is. It's a point guard driven league, and Irving is a prototype for the position. Take Irving at 1 because you can still get a good big man at 4. If you take Williams at 1, the drop off at PG is much more after Irving. Or just trade up to 2 and get the top 2 picks.

Denver-boy
06-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Id take Derrick Williams, than Kemba Walker. yeah i reached for Kemba, but hes gonna be worth it!! trust me

Denver-boy
06-16-2011, 09:32 PM

:D Pound it :cheers: agreed!! :clap:

beasted86
06-16-2011, 09:39 PM
There are players like Williams in this league, namely Shelden Williams, Marvin Williams (funny that they have the same last name), and Michael Beasley...these guys are all roleplayers at best.

The first two play nothing like Williams in college. I don't know if you never watched Derrick, or you never watched the other two.

Shelden Williams was supposed to be Elton Brand #2, and Marvin Williams was never an elite scorer and only drafted off of athleticism and versatility. The only relevant comparison was Beasley. Derrick Williams is also somewhat of a tweener, and has the same smooth jumper. I think the difference is Derrick is laterally quick enough to be molded into a full time 3, unlike Beasley who will always be too slow for the 3, not strong enough for the 4. Beasley also had the basketball IQ of Al Harrington coming out while Derrick is a lot smarter player.

Arch Stanton
06-16-2011, 10:47 PM
I've been hearing Irving all along. Then it sounds like either Kanter or Valanciunas at 4. Unless of course the Cavs could trade up to the 2nd pick and snag Williams which seems unlikely. Here's a clip on Valanciunas - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLa5yFCF6Go

DeyAce
06-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Id take Derrick Williams, than Kemba Walker. yeah i reached for Kemba, but hes gonna be worth it!! trust me

Exactly. I wish my Bulls could somehow get Kemba

MSG34
06-16-2011, 11:54 PM
I don't think you pass up the chance at setting yourself at PG and C for the future especially when you've got hickson to throw in there at the 4. I go Irving and Kanter. It's a lot more difficult to find a PG and C then PF/SF.

PG Irving PF Hickson C Kanter is a solid foundation.

JNA17
06-16-2011, 11:56 PM
Why do people say stuff like oh this draft class is not good. We don't even know that. None of these players have played in the NBA yet. For all we know we could have 10 future superstars or a complete bust of a draft class like 2000.

Arch Stanton
06-16-2011, 11:57 PM
I don't think you pass up the chance at setting yourself at PG and C for the future especially when you've got hickson to throw in there at the 4. I go Irving and Kanter. It's a lot more difficult to find a PG and C then PF/SF.

Completely agree. Two positions very hard to fill (especially Center). I might actually put Valanciunas over Kanter.

NotoriousREG
06-17-2011, 12:17 AM

I'm not even a fan of the Cavs but I've been thinking about this exact thing the last few days. I think I would take Williams and take Walker or Knight at #4. Irving is a great prospect but I don't think he's demonstratively better than either Walker or Knight. And with Walker you get a guy with much more (winning) experience. Irving COULD be the next Derrick Rose or, as someone pointed out, he could be the next Mike Conley. Conley is no slouch, but he's no Rose. Is Walker the next Rose? Probably not but there are less question marks.

This may not be an exciting draft class (on paper) but I still am very interested in seeing how things go down.

MacFitz92
06-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Derrick Williams really reminds me of Danny Granger. I think he'd really be the guy for Cleveland.

Chi~TwnHawksFan
06-17-2011, 12:41 AM
if im them i pick Williams, and then select Knight or Kemba..but im the casual NBA fan so what do i know :shrug:

LA_Raiders
06-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Go for Williams and hope that irving will be available in the 4th.

Minny has Rubio
Jazz is the question here....

Astronaut
06-17-2011, 12:59 AM
Brian Windhorst who partially covers the Cavs(ESPN) said the Cavaliers were pretty much set on Irving. They are trying to decide what to do with the #4 pick though.

Who would you rather have?

Chris Paul or Danny Granger? Exactly..

Baron is getting old, Sessions is absolutely terrible, doesn't have any offensive awareness at all.. Can't adjust to the pace if another PG is put in at any point in the game.

Double Down
06-17-2011, 02:35 AM

I've been hearing Irving all along. Then it sounds like either Kanter or Valanciunas at 4. Unless of course the Cavs could trade up to the 2nd pick and snag Williams which seems unlikely. Here's a clip on Valanciunas - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLa5yFCF6Go

Interesting vid. Thanks for posting.

Hawkamania
06-17-2011, 03:22 AM
If I'm Cleveland I go Irving and Kanter. I love Williams game, but as a tweener based on his size (SF in NBA) vs his skill set (PF) I don't think you take him over a potential franchise PG in Irving.

When it comes down to the 4th pick I see Kanter as the preferred option at C over Valanciunas. I absolutely loved the performance he put on at the Nike Hoop Summit a couple of years ago. Wish I could have gotten to see him suit up for my Cats this past season.

TylerSL
06-17-2011, 06:16 AM
I doubt they are having as much trouble as they say. I dont think they have 100% made up their minds yet either tho. I think they will take Irving, but they have Williams in the back of their minds because Derrick Williams is such a young big. I do think that they will take Irving #1, and use the #4 pick to get a big in Enes Kanter. It makes perfect sense, Irving and Kanter are both 19 year old kids, and its not like Cleveland will do good next year. If I was Cleveland I would take these 2 guys, and not start them next year, put them in a role where they can succeed. When the Cavs have another bad season, and another top pick (maybe the #1 overall again) they could draft somebody like Austin Rivers or somebody like that. But seriously, if Cleveland does get Irving/Kanter I wouldnt start them at 19 years old. I would start them both in year 2, but not their rookie seasons as teenagers, especially since Cleveland will fail next year.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2011, 08:01 AM
The Cavs are NOT struggling with who to pick. What they are doing is NOT TIPPING THEIR HAT! And hence increasing the trade value of the number one pick. In a draft like this, you cant say who you intend to draft. Toronto did that with Barngagme, and they could have traded down about five spots, picked the guy they picked at number one, and a quality vet or first round pick along with it.

Cleveland is doing what is right. Playing it close to the chest, so that teams who think a certain player that they want, will be willing to trade up to make sure they get him.

Somebody wants Brandon Knight? Somebody wants Kemba Walker? Somebody wants Derrick Williams, or Irving? Guess what. They are going to have to either keep their fingers crossed, or make the Cavs an offer.

If the Cavs show their hand, they completely ruin the trade value of their pick.

Smart move on the part of the Cavs brass.

JasonJohnHorn
06-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Cleveland will fail next year.

I wouldnt make any assumptions like that. You never know. The Cavs have some very good pieces on their roster right now. They have a quality PG in Davis (though he is on the down slope of his career), Jamison (likewise on the downslope of his career, but still a double-double guy who knows how to score) and Anderson Varajao, who is a strong defender and rebounder. With Sessions coming of the bench at PG, they have a solid rotation there, with Hickson improving and Jamison, they have a solid PF rotation. V-man is good int he post. they lack depth at center, but Powe is a good back up. They are short at SF and SG, but Gibson was dropping three's like nobody's business last year, and Jamison looks good at either forward spot, so if they draft a big, they could have a solid starting line-up. and with a coach like Byron Scott, they CAN WIN GAMES! Espcially if they draft well this year. You could see a 30-game turnaround from this team with a little luck and hard work. They lost a franchise player last year, and saw perhaps their two biggest impact players in Jamison and V-man miss the eqivuelant of an entire season combined.

Considering their draft picks and the talent they have, if they use the MLE to pick up a quality player, the Cavs could see a huge turnaround and a quick end to the 'rebuilding' process that started less than a year ago.

Have faith!

Mplsman
06-17-2011, 08:25 AM

There are literally no players on the Cav's roster that the Wolves would be interested in trading the # 2 pick for.

If Irving does fall to us at number 2, we will trade him to the highest bidder.

Plenty of teams will be drooling over the chance to trade for Kyrie.

PrettyBoyJ
06-17-2011, 08:37 AM
I'd go with Irving.. He's the best player in the draft and he will prob have a better career then most in this draft..

PrettyBoyJ
06-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Looking at the talent in this draft, minny has prob the most decisions to make.. If Cleveland drafts Irving they're going to draft Williams, But they already have to similar players in Michael Beasley and Anthony Randolph on that team.. And if Cleveland drafts Willaims they prob will take Irving but they have Rubio coming in next season, Johnny Flynn, Luke Ridnour, Sebastian Telfair on the team as well.. They might be in a lot of trade scenarios during draft day

kobebabe
06-17-2011, 08:51 AM
they did the same in '03. struggled btn LBJ n melo (which i thought was a no brainer) but at the end of the day they made the right choice n they will get it right again this time around. I am really rooting for them to get better after thei bitter divorce from their former "choosen one"

kobebabe
06-17-2011, 08:53 AM
There are literally no players on the Cav's roster that the Wolves would be interested in trading the # 2 pick for.

If Irving does fall to us at number 2, we will trade him to the highest bidder.

Plenty of teams will be drooling over the chance to trade for Kyrie.

including my Lakers

kobebabe
06-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Go for Williams and hope that irving will be available in the 4th.

Minny has Rubio
Jazz is the question here....

No way that happens. Juzz would be thrilled to have him as opposed to knight, who they will likey pick. So they might as well pick irving

sventhedog
06-17-2011, 09:05 AM
i understand them because the last time they drafter a number 1 pick, they got a great player who has the uncanny ability of turning into a bust.

sixer04fan
06-17-2011, 09:13 AM
It's definitely not a no brainer here. I think Williams has more star potential than Irving. It's a bad draft to have a a top pick... I really think any of the top 4-5 picks from last year would have easily been the 1st pick this year without a doubt. I do however like the depth of this draft later down in the first round... I think you will still get some valuable contribution guys in the 15-30 range.

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 11:58 AM
It's definitely not a no brainer here. I think Williams has more star potential than Irving. It's a bad draft to have a a top pick... I really think any of the top 4-5 picks from last year would have easily been the 1st pick this year without a doubt. I do however like the depth of this draft later down in the first round... I think you will still get some valuable contribution guys in the 15-30 range.

I'd say go with the safest pick. If theyre really torn on who to pick, they should try and trade for the timberwolves 2nd overall pick. The timberwolves have said they want to trade the pick for a verteran big man

sixer04fan
06-17-2011, 12:11 PM
I'd say go with the safest pick. If theyre really torn on who to pick, they should try and trade for the timberwolves 2nd overall pick. The timberwolves have said they want to trade the pick for a verteran big man

I also heard they are trying to trade up for the 2nd pick using the 4th pick in a deal. That way they don't have to make the decision for first pick, and they just draft both.

willsayanything
06-17-2011, 01:01 PM
If you have your pick of the point guards or pick of the big men, and it's up to you, how do you go with the PG? If you know Irving is a sure thing you take him, but any, any, any doubt and it would be foolish...especially when you know you can get Kemba with the 4th pick, at the very least

Astronaut
06-17-2011, 01:10 PM
I would be absolutely pissed if the Cavaliers didn't take Irving. They need to take the best talent there..

I hope they trade for the #2 by dealing J.J. Hickson or Ramon Sessions as Williams will probably have a bigger upside then the both of them are they are rebuilding.

miller74
06-17-2011, 01:15 PM
If Irving didnt get hurt this year, this wouldnt even been an issue, hes BPA in the draft.

S-Dot
06-17-2011, 08:59 PM

I feel the same way, but its hard to predict these NBA point guards

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 09:28 PM
what does everyone think of cleveland offering their 4th pick , and a first round unprotected draft pick for 2012, for the 2nd overall pick owned by the minesota timberwolves.

Double Down
06-17-2011, 11:04 PM
what does everyone think of cleveland offering their 4th pick , and a first round unprotected draft pick for 2012, for the 2nd overall pick owned by the minesota timberwolves.

Not a chance. I honestly don't think they would trade their 2012 No. 1 pick (unprotected) straight up for the No. 2 overall pick this year. The players next year figure to be MUCH better, plus there's every chance it will be a very high pick (top six at worst, you would have to assume).

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Not a chance. I honestly don't think they would trade their 2012 No. 1 pick (unprotected) straight up for the No. 2 overall pick this year. The players next year figure to be MUCH better, plus there's every chance it will be a very high pick (top six at worst, you would have to assume).

Yeah, Its unlikely that cleveland would do that. Theyre scouting staff is too torn on who to draft. I think if they really dont want to come out empty handed, they should do whatever it takes it get the 2nd overall pick to make sure they dont mess up.

Ironman5219
06-17-2011, 11:22 PM
It may be smart to draft Williams, Minni won't take another PG with Rubio signing, they most likely take Kaner, the Jazz then either take Irving or Knight, leaving Cleveland to take the PG that the Jazz do not take. In the end they come out with 2 great players.

RaffyBoy
06-17-2011, 11:22 PM
you think miami would do 1st and 4th for lebron? haha

Crackadalic
06-17-2011, 11:34 PM
The nba is a pg driven league. You don't pass up a talent like Irving even if he doesnt pan out like cp3. Williams is talented but he's a tweener. Look how Beasley turn out

Take Irving at one and Kanter at four and trade B-diddy for a unprotected 2012 pick since that draft class has nothing but stars and good starters

FriedTofuz
06-17-2011, 11:35 PM
you think miami would do 1st and 4th for lebron? haha

hmm, the heat would get a PG and CENTER

Irving
wade
Miller
Bosh
Kanter

Doubt they would do that. Lebron would not be welcome back in cleveland

Trueblue2
06-18-2011, 01:31 AM
I can see Gilbert trading for lebron just to bench him...

FriedTofuz
06-18-2011, 01:37 AM

I'm sure gilbert would like to get back at lebron, but theres no way that the heat would trade lebron back to cleveland. Nor would the cavs want lebron back. The fans have been quite outragous, it wouldnt be safe for lebron to return.

toovey107
06-18-2011, 01:48 AM
Not to mention that would be a terrible trade for Miami.

Arch Stanton
06-18-2011, 02:00 AM
I wouldnt make any assumptions like that. You never know. The Cavs have some very good pieces on their roster right now. They have a quality PG in Davis (though he is on the down slope of his career), Jamison (likewise on the downslope of his career, but still a double-double guy who knows how to score) and Anderson Varajao, who is a strong defender and rebounder. With Sessions coming of the bench at PG, they have a solid rotation there, with Hickson improving and Jamison, they have a solid PF rotation. V-man is good int he post. they lack depth at center, but Powe is a good back up. They are short at SF and SG, but Gibson was dropping three's like nobody's business last year, and Jamison looks good at either forward spot, so if they draft a big, they could have a solid starting line-up. and with a coach like Byron Scott, they CAN WIN GAMES! Espcially if they draft well this year. You could see a 30-game turnaround from this team with a little luck and hard work. They lost a franchise player last year, and saw perhaps their two biggest impact players in Jamison and V-man miss the eqivuelant of an entire season combined.

Considering their draft picks and the talent they have, if they use the MLE to pick up a quality player, the Cavs could see a huge turnaround and a quick end to the 'rebuilding' process that started less than a year ago.

Have faith!

I hope they don't play exceptionally well next year. I really want a proper rebuild. Not a "this guy will solve all our problems" kind of rebuild - see LeBron.
Also Powe is no longer with the Cavs and hasn't been since February. He went to the Griz.
That being said I could see the Cavs as a 30 win team next year (maybe less, maybe more). Hopefully they'll score some more high draft picks for 2012. Then they can improve from there. IMO the Cavs need to rebuild through the draft (which they've been awful at over the years) not free agency. This is more or less a five year process. I hope Kyrie is up for it. I also think that the Cavs should draft Kyrie Irving (the best PG in the draft) and Jonas Valanciunas (the best Center in the draft).

Arch Stanton
06-18-2011, 02:04 AM

Now that's just nonsense. Gilbert might take shots at LeBron via Twitter but building a quality team is much more important. I find it funny that people think Gilbert is this crazy megalomaniac. He's just a fan. Yeah he was hurt by "The Decision" but he also reacted like a fan would've. Let it go!

FriedTofuz
06-18-2011, 02:05 AM
Not to mention that would be a terrible trade for Miami.

Considering this is a weak draft, aggred. For all we know kyrie may not even live up to expectations.

Arch Stanton
06-18-2011, 02:06 AM
I'm sure gilbert would like to get back at lebron, but theres no way that the heat would trade lebron back to cleveland. Nor would the cavs want lebron back. The fans have been quite outragous, it wouldnt be safe for lebron to return.

I'm a Cleveland fan. He's safe. I don't want him back. But were not carrying weapons into the Q nor do we breath fire. LeBron is welcome to Cleveland. He may not be liked but people are over it.

Trueblue2
06-18-2011, 02:15 AM
Now that's just nonsense. Gilbert might take shots at LeBron via Twitter but building a quality team is much more important. I find it funny that people think Gilbert is this crazy megalomaniac. He's just a fan. Yeah he was hurt by "The Decision" but he also reacted like a fan would've. Let it go!

I was joking dude. Obviously he's not gonna have a 17 million dollar contract riding the bench, if he wanted that he could just trade for arenas... But honestly Gilbert is making himself look pretty bad with all this public hate for lebron.

Astronaut
06-18-2011, 02:41 AM
I'm a Cleveland fan. He's safe. I don't want him back. But were not carrying weapons into the Q nor do we breath fire. LeBron is welcome to Cleveland. He may not be liked but people are over it.
YES, why don't all you guys who keep talking about LeBron/Cleveland read this, we've repeated it over and over..

Half of the threads I read just result in talking about stuff that doesn't even have to do with the thread...

What are you guys trying to do, get posts? Stay on topic please.. I actually want to hear your takes on what kind of player Kyrie Irving could turn out to be, not about LeBron James, that ship has sailed.

The Cavs have the #1 and #4 pick, its not like we are exactly screwed for the next 5 years, our salaries expire at the end of this year or next.

I hope we take Kyrie over Williams.. In my opinion Kyrie is the BPA, we don't need a player that fits the position we need to address immediately; its about building a good core. The Cavs are probably going to win about 30 next year, that will give us like the 5th-8th pick possibly in an amazing draft in '12. That's when we can finally get our 3. Williams in my opinion is a good roleplayer at best.

Arch Stanton
06-18-2011, 02:54 AM
I was joking dude. Obviously he's not gonna have a 17 million dollar contract riding the bench, if he wanted that he could just trade for arenas... But honestly Gilbert is making himself look pretty bad with all this public hate for lebron.

Okay please explain this public hate...??? Is Gilbert walking around Miami burning LeBron jerseys holding up signs that say "God Hates LeBron"? Or even Cleveland for that matter... Everyone with an arsehole has a twitter account. Please don't use intermittent side comments as bad public hate! Otherwise you might want to check LeBrons twitter.

FriedTofuz
06-18-2011, 10:57 AM

As soon as lebron steps outside, he will definatly be targeted. Cleveland hasnt demonstrated maturity after lebrons absance.