PDA

View Full Version : Wizards, T-Wolves still talking trade

j-bay
06-16-2011, 12:47 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/wizards-still-working-to-move-up/2011/06/16/AGW5sGXH_blog.html#pagebreak

So its the T-Wolves who now made the offerr. I think something gets done before or during the draft.

king4day
06-16-2011, 01:03 PM
That's way too much for the 2nd pick.

Hawkeye15
06-16-2011, 01:13 PM
Wolves would probably have to give them a big body back, even if its a lesser player than McGee, just to at least give the Wiz back some size.

I would imagine any trade would occur on draft night, when its revealed who the #2 pick will actually be. Washington wouldn't want to make a stupid decision by making a trade for it now, and then Cleveland takes Williams #1 and they are screwed.

In fact, I think the #2 pick is traded, but on draft night, not before.

WolvesJagsOs
06-16-2011, 03:20 PM
^I agree completely. Im not sure they want Dwill tho, i think they really want Kanter. There will def be a player sent back, i just aint sure who right now.

John Walls Era
06-16-2011, 03:28 PM
I don't like it. I rather we keep the pick and pick Jonas Valanciunas or Jan Vesely.

WolvesJagsOs
06-16-2011, 03:34 PM
http://mn-sz.com/2011/06/more-talk-of-potential-trade-involving-wizards/

Just more specualation, pretty much sounds like the other link though...

irobson
06-16-2011, 03:40 PM
as far as what i hear its #2 and beasly for #6 and mcgee

mbsalame123
06-16-2011, 03:45 PM
i think this trade happens on draft day and a possibility is nikola pekovic or darko milicic along with martel wbster get involved in the trade. or they can add beasley or johnson to the deal and then use the 6th pick as the replacement for 1 of the 2. I can see the cavs giving up Varejao and the 4th pick for the 2nd pick and pekovic or milicic as well. If any trade happens the wolves are going to want a draft pick and a big man in return and right now it looks like the cavs or wizards will get it.

mbsalame123
06-16-2011, 03:48 PM
so would that mean they draft kanter at 2 or do they have a beasley/williams/blatche lineup? or they can trade blatche for a true center or try and draft one with the 18th pick. if this is the trade, i would do it if i was the wolves and then draft vesley or leonard.

irobson
06-16-2011, 03:52 PM
yeah i think this is a stupid trade if the wizards do this...mcgee is the only person on our entire team that remotely plays d ...

stuckyfreshhh
06-16-2011, 03:54 PM
Wolves would probably have to give them a big body back, even if its a lesser player than McGee, just to at least give the Wiz back some size.

I would imagine any trade would occur on draft night, when its revealed who the #2 pick will actually be. Washington wouldn't want to make a stupid decision by making a trade for it now, and then Cleveland takes Williams #1 and they are screwed.

In fact, I think the #2 pick is traded, but on draft night, not before.

You mean like we did in 2009? lol we wanted Rubio but there was no way he was going to fall than he fell and you guys took him at 5. haha.

It worked out tho we got John Wall.

stuckyfreshhh
06-16-2011, 03:55 PM
I don't like it. I rather we keep the pick and pick Jonas Valanciunas or Jan Vesely.

I agree. And there still is a chance Kanter falls to 6. (slim)

WolvesJagsOs
06-16-2011, 03:57 PM
as far as what i hear its #2 and beasly for #6 and mcgee

I think thats def a possibility if our org is actually willing to give up on Beasley already. He was pretty good before he got hurt. But Wes's nat. position is the 3, and with the 6 pick, we could get a nice SG or trade back and get a SG.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-16-2011, 04:00 PM
Highly doubt this happens.

Hitman21
06-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Keep McGee....trade young blatche 6th pick and 18th pick for #2 that would be ideal (would never happen)

wall
crawford
derrick williams
2012 lottery pick
Mcgee

Not a bad start for a rebuilding team

PurpleJesus
06-16-2011, 04:20 PM
wow, yes please

stuckyfreshhh
06-16-2011, 04:24 PM
Keep McGee....trade young blatche 6th pick and 18th pick for #2 that would be ideal (would never happen)

wall
crawford
derrick williams
2012 lottery pick
Mcgee

Not a bad start for a rebuilding team

can't trade young because he's a RFA unfortunatley. Otherwise we coudld probaly package Young, 6 and 34 for #3.

If it were possibl tho I think blatche, young, 6 and 18 would be pretty fair comp.

D.Will is a 4.

ddouble
06-16-2011, 04:25 PM
#2 & beas is too much for #6 & mcgee --- more like martell, flynn, pek or
tolliver & #2--- think of what it would take in the NFL to move up 4 spots---- I realize they are very different situations & leagues but mcgee aint enough to move back 4 spots

stuckyfreshhh
06-16-2011, 04:33 PM
#2 & beas is too much for #6 & mcgee --- more like martell, flynn, pek or
tolliver & #2--- think of what it would take in the NFL to move up 4 spots---- I realize they are very different situations & leagues but mcgee aint enough to move back 4 spots

So how does that make any sense? It's completely different yet lets think of it like it were the NFL???

This is the worst Draft Class since 2001.

I think at a minimum Anthony Randolph and Martell Webster.

ddouble
06-16-2011, 04:36 PM
So how does that make any sense? It's completely different yet lets think of it like it were the NFL???

This is the worst Draft Class since 2001.

I think at a minimum Anthony Randolph and Martell Webster.

sure it's not the best draft class & mcgee is decent but ....to go from possibly drafting williams to one of the euros- I don't know man its alot to give up

TheRunKiller
06-16-2011, 04:37 PM
is Derrick Williams a 3 or a 4?

WolvesJagsOs
06-16-2011, 04:37 PM
I dont see us wanting Blatche lol, maybe its just me...

WolvesJagsOs
06-16-2011, 04:39 PM

He can play both. People can say he is a 4 as much as they want, but imo, he has the quickness to play the 3.

stuckyfreshhh
06-16-2011, 04:48 PM
sure it's not the best draft class & mcgee is decent but ....to go from possibly drafting williams to one of the euros- I don't know man its alot to give up

depends on what you think of Williams. Plus the fact where would Williams play fo rthe T'wolves? Their best two players paly 4 and 3, and Wes Johnson is promising 3 too.

stuckyfreshhh
06-16-2011, 04:50 PM

Undersized 4. Some poeple wanna buy into his little hype about him playing the 3 but the fact is he's never played it.

He is telling everyone he's a 3 so he'll get drafted higher. MN has great 4 and Utah is has Favors, Millspa, big AL.

TheRunKiller
06-16-2011, 04:50 PM
He can play both. People can say he is a 4 as much as they want, but imo, he has the quickness to play the 3.

he'd be a beast at both he's bigger than SF and quicker than PF he's gonna be a match up problem for every team.

ddouble
06-16-2011, 04:52 PM
depends on what you think of Williams. Plus the fact where would Williams play fo rthe T'wolves? Their best two players paly 4 and 3, and Wes Johnson is promising 3 too.

Good point.....It's tough to tell how much they value williams. I just can't see giving up a 20ppg scorer & the 2nd pick for defense and some crazy dunks & whoever #6 turns out to be- Just my opinion though!

stuckyfreshhh
06-16-2011, 04:59 PM
he'd be a beast at both he's bigger than SF and quicker than PF he's gonna be a match up problem for every team.

Faces the same problems on D that he creates on O. IMO he's not going to be able to cover NBA 3's and he'll be on the smaller side of 4's. I think he could play better D on 4's tho because he is physical. but if he's playing the 4 how good is his rebounding? 8.3 in college for as physically dominating as he was isn't very impressive.

I also think Williams is going ot have a tough time beating 3's off the dribble cuz his ball handling isn't good. that's something that'll improve with time tho.

stuckyfreshhh
06-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Good point.....It's tough to tell how much they value williams. I just can't see giving up a 20ppg scorer & the 2nd pick for defense and some crazy dunks & whoever #6 turns out to be- Just my opinion though!

I fell you. it's a tough call really. I can see why both team would wanna do it but I can also see the drawbacks.

But yeah it really depends on what they think of Williams and Beasley fo rth at matter.

what about 2, anthony randolph, and martell webster for Mcgee and 6?

ddouble
06-16-2011, 05:12 PM
I fell you. it's a tough call really. I can see why both team would wanna do it but I can also see the drawbacks.

But yeah it really depends on what they think of Williams and Beasley fo rth at matter.

I'd hate to give away randolph but that would be more reasonable. It depends on if salaries match also- from what i see that would probly work

WolvesJagsOs
06-16-2011, 05:18 PM

sorry, but i see a 0% chance of this happening. Our org has wanted AR for the longest time, and when AR got minutes for us last year, he was pretty damn exciting and played well, and thats on a new team and a new system. No way do i see AR being moved...just my opinion.

ddouble
06-16-2011, 05:22 PM
sorry, but i see a 0% chance of this happening. Our org has wanted AR for the longest time, and when AR got minutes for us last year, he was pretty damn exciting and played well, and thats on a new team and a new system. No way do i see AR being moved...just my opinion.

dare i say darko instead?

ddouble
06-16-2011, 05:22 PM

dare i say darko instead? they have a hole at c?

stuckyfreshhh
06-16-2011, 05:23 PM

I feel like it's gunna have too. I don't us being too interested and 6 and McGee for 2 just, to me, doesn't seem all that close. In order to get a young talented big you gunna have to give something back. I don't see us wanting anyone on your roster really. As much as I love Beasley I can't see us wanting him and blatche together. than no one else excites me..

stuckyfreshhh
06-16-2011, 05:24 PM
dare i say darko instead? they have a hole at c?

absoulutely not.

If it's darko I'm wanting Wes Johnson back too and maybe 20.

ddouble
06-16-2011, 06:01 PM
absoulutely not.

HaHa! that's the response i figured i would get.... Darko's not as terrible as people think though- but i understand

WolvesJagsOs
06-16-2011, 06:13 PM
I feel like it's gunna have too. I don't us being too interested and 6 and McGee for 2 just, to me, doesn't seem all that close. In order to get a young talented big you gunna have to give something back. I don't see us wanting anyone on your roster really. As much as I love Beasley I can't see us wanting him and blatche together. than no one else excites me..

Kahn has wanted to get AR forever, he finally got him last year. If they have been talking for the last month about this deal, im assuming they have gotten past AR and found out he prolly isnt moving. Everyone in the org is infatuated with AR and what he can do.

WolvesJagsOs
06-16-2011, 06:14 PM
absoulutely not.

lol. Rubio, Klove, AR, and Wes are all pretty much untouchables imo in a deal like this.

AI4MVP
06-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Smart moves for the Wolves. Jan Veseley will be the best SF in this draft. Mark my words.