PDA

View Full Version : jags possible return to the rangers !! (Link on Post 8)

freddy686
06-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Reports say jager is a 100% sure shot to return to the nhl .. with rangers as one of his teams..... would make one heck of a second line and help our powerplay ...

thegame248
06-15-2011, 11:38 PM
liltedspop? Have you come back to annoy us some more? Any link to your so called reports??

jetsfan89
06-16-2011, 12:31 AM
Get a link or i'm closing this.

Besides, I can't imagine jagr would be able to keep up with the pace anymore at his age.

nyr1980
06-16-2011, 09:27 AM
Thank you jetsfan89.

commonsense12
06-16-2011, 10:48 AM
liltedspop? Have you come back to annoy us some more? Any link to your so called reports??

lol

liltedspop
06-16-2011, 12:29 PM
hahahahahaha LTP lives!!!!!! & 4 the record no im 1000000000000000% against Jagr!

jetsfan89
06-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Anyways...thread closed until myself or someone else finds a link from a reputable source. Bring it up to me if you do.

bsi
06-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Since the other link was closed I figured I'd start a new one but here's a link to the story.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369160

fingerbang
06-16-2011, 06:04 PM
We really need someone with some offensive prowess. Specifically someone who can pass the puck. Unfortunately, he might be too slow to keep up with the rest of our guys under Torts system.

nyr1980
06-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Not a good idea. Don't think he'll come cheap enough. And he hasn't played in the NHL in several years, so it would take him a while to readjust to the tempo and physicality, if he even could at this point- he turns 40 in February. Plus, I don't see him playing more then 15 mins a night anymore, if that.

jetsfan89
06-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Alright I reopened the old thread. So discuss Jagr's comeback here.

freddy686
06-16-2011, 10:47 PM
sorry ill post a link next time my bad .... i know hes slow and cant keep up with an odd man rush if one of our d men bobbles the puck at the blue line ... but when this guy gains the zone hes a horse and very hard to knock off the puck .. he definately can set some plays up ... and like when messier got older we mostly resorted to useing him on the powerplay which payed off .. jags is a big upgrade from prospal which never plays defense either.. and he wont log much minutes giving the young kids more playing time .. look at mark recchi .. and jags is better than him

Sandman
06-16-2011, 10:58 PM
How much money is he asking?

freddy686
06-16-2011, 11:35 PM
well right now his agent is just calling the teams hes interested in playing for ... probably be in the range of 4 to 5 mil ... we wouldnt invest in him anyways although if sather falls out of the richards chase then we would consider it ... my prediction is mario takes him back and he plays with crosby ... puts up 100 points they win the cup and we cry for another season ..

B-West.Joba
06-16-2011, 11:46 PM
I'd take a shot on him. Yes he's old and probably slower, but he still has his big body. Jagr is so strong on the puck, and he averaged more than a point a game this year for Omsk, the same number he did the year he left the Rangers, so his age hasn't affected him too much, even in a bigger rink.

For the powerplay's sake, could be a good move. Dubinsky led our team with 54 points this year, I think Jagr on the 2nd line if healthy can beat that number. Mark Recchi has 5 years on Jagr, and is only 5'10, yet he still racked up 48 points and helped win the Cup.

bsi
06-17-2011, 02:41 AM
On the cheap, I'm ok with it, as long as he understands his role.

aanddann
06-17-2011, 10:08 AM
i wish i had a link, but i remember not long ago someone (either Daily News or ESPN) quoted him saying it wasnt about the money and he would play somewhere for 2 million. this was right around the world championships when he was playing so well. im not sure how true that would be, but it wouldnt be awful to have that calibur of a shot for your powerplay for 2mm.

ernie.tarducci
06-17-2011, 02:15 PM
Look,much has been made about Brad Richards possibly coming to NY, but make no mistake Jagr is just as important! Here is why, he is Jagr, forget he is 39, (see Mark Recchi), and with all due respect to Recchi he is no Jagr! Glen Sather must, and I repaeat must Sign him, all he is lookking for is a one year deal, and of all the mistakes Sather has made, not retaining Jagr was one of his worst that gets no publicity. We need this guy. Even if we get Richards that would only add to Jagrs value. With a team that wants to go "young" Jagr would be the only exception. He is still hungry at age 39, and his size, skill, and power make him a no brainer, forget his age! He is the power foward, still that the Rangers have been missing since his departure. Power play solved, scoring solved, even if he scores a mere 70 points, which for most is a great season, he will draw double or even triple coverage, which will open the ice for other players makeing everyone on the ice better! Not to mention the "intangables"

ernie.tarducci
06-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Whatever it takes, even if they have to overpay a bit, remember its Jagr, and mark my words w Ricards, Gaborik he will set records for a player his age!!!! remember Selane!

ernie.tarducci
06-17-2011, 02:21 PM
He may not be as fast as he was, but who really knows, if his conditioning is good and it will be under Torts, he still pushes 245lbs and is a force to contain ecspecially on the PP

Ballistik
06-18-2011, 12:15 PM
sorry ill post a link next time my bad .... i know hes slow and cant keep up with an odd man rush if one of our d men bobbles the puck at the blue line ... but when this guy gains the zone hes a horse and very hard to knock off the puck .. he definately can set some plays up ... and like when messier got older we mostly resorted to useing him on the powerplay which payed off .. jags is a big upgrade from prospal which never plays defense either.. and he wont log much minutes giving the young kids more playing time .. look at mark recchi .. and jags is better than him

These are all excellent points. But The price has to be right. If hes in the budget Im all for it

nyr1980
06-18-2011, 12:21 PM
Were I jagr, I would want to sign with a team that could win the cup this coming season. Why else would he return. Surely he can make more money over seas.

bsi
06-18-2011, 01:22 PM
I honestly believe that if Jagr comes back it's firstly with Pitsburgh, Detroit second, and Montreal third due to Plekanec.

gabby10
06-18-2011, 10:30 PM
jaromir jagr to the rangers= ejaculatory fluids in my pants

Rangers in 7
06-21-2011, 10:30 AM
jagr is down to three teams apparently, with detriot in the lead, with pitt and a unnamed team also involved

redwhiteandblue
06-21-2011, 10:53 AM
Jagr is simply not going to come back here. We were, and still might be later on, usdd as leverage to gather a deal he wants from a team he wants.

IMO he really wants to go to Montreal and Detroit as a close second. He's willing to try and leverage a better deal form the Habs who are said to be waning out on the situation (their form of negotiating) and knows he can fall back into a more mediocre deal with a much better team. There's no way Jagr gets to lose here.

He a) gets the money he wants and goes to Montreal b) goes to Detroit garnering less money then he wanted but on a much better team or c) pushes his luck on both teams and Pitty ends up with Jagr on a one year decent deal playing with Crosby.

IMO Rangers wont ever come into play other then leverage.

Rangers in 7
06-21-2011, 11:49 AM
Jagr is simply not going to come back here. We were, and still might be later on, usdd as leverage to gather a deal he wants from a team he wants.

IMO he really wants to go to Montreal and Detroit as a close second. He's willing to try and leverage a better deal form the Habs who are said to be waning out on the situation (their form of negotiating) and knows he can fall back into a more mediocre deal with a much better team. There's no way Jagr gets to lose here.

He a) gets the money he wants and goes to Montreal b) goes to Detroit garnering less money then he wanted but on a much better team or c) pushes his luck on both teams and Pitty ends up with Jagr on a one year decent deal playing with Crosby.

IMO Rangers wont ever come into play other then leverage.

i agree....but personally i see detriot being #1, and pitt #2