PDA

View Full Version : Is the Best player in the NBA up for grabs??

Snapcracklepop
06-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Lebron-i personally only believed lebron was the best player in the nba twice, the first time,last season, he recieve the mvp, 2nd round come, his mom get banged, he quit on team and lose series, and respect of me and my colgates at work as well

this season, another supposed scandal involving his baby mama(which i dont understands, u been with the famale since highschool, you in the nba 8 years, its either get married, come out of closet, or forget about her, u no involve with her no more!). this time i dont think he quit, and this even make me think that he didnt quit in cleveland.

so what wrong with him? hes mentally weak, he didnt quit, he is just emotionally weak, afraid of the moment, insecure, pompus and circumstance, arrogant, and think he is better than the hard working american working a nine to five seven

so i gave him chance to say he is better than kobe for 2 years, each time, there was a point in which i say: hey, maybe he is the best in the nba, but then his mental weakness show up again

Black Mamba of my lakers-poor shooting performance in game 7 of nba finals, losing in 2nd round this year. so he isnt the clear cut #1 either

dirk-poor performance game 6, mediocre in game 5. he move up my hose as well as my list of top basketball players, but is not clear cut #1, i mean come on, a pf who average 8 rebound will never touch my top 3

howard- lacks the low post moves required to be an alltime great center, lacks leadership, he "wants to chill" just like chris bosh it appear

durant-fails in the clutch during WCF, didnt add anything new to his game this past season(no low post game and your 6'11, what is he, chris bosh?)

rose-poor shooting percentage(mostly not his fault, a 6'3 player, being double team for 48 minutes, guarded by a 6'9 player causing him to miss clutch shots in the final minutes, poor offensive system in chicago as well), he is in consideration, but not #1

carmelo Anthony-potential to be #1, all he lacks is leadership and defense

wade-great finals performance, failed to show up in clutch in game 5 and 6, lets lebron be "the man" in clutch time, so he lacks leadership, otherwise, he could be #1

cp3-lets be a serious now, he needs a team first

so im my opinions: the #1 player in the nba battle begins next season, right now, its one giant tie for the #1 spot

Supreme LA
06-15-2011, 08:21 PM
I certainly believe it's up for grabs. I know most PSD fans will say Lebron, but I really have a hard time giving him that title when he has so many flaws in his game. Lebron is easily the best athlete in WOLRD though.

An argument can be made for Wade, Dirk, Kobe, Dwight, and Lebron. I also have a hard time putting Durant ahead of any of these guys.

Snapcracklepop
06-15-2011, 08:23 PM
I certainly believe it's up for grabs. I know most PSD fans will say Lebron, but I really have a hard time giving him that title when he has so many flaws in his game. Lebron is easily the best athlete in WOLRD though.

An argument can be made for Wade, Dirk, Kobe, Dwight, and Lebron. I also have a hard time putting Durant ahead of any of these guys.

yea, for the me, i think its one big tie, waiting for someone to announce theirselves the best

i think wade is the closest tho

MFFL==FML
06-15-2011, 08:25 PM
The most talented in the world is LeBron James, pretty easily. Kobe has a chance to be the best again if he comes out with guns blazing this season. As of right now, Dirk has proven to be the best player in the 2010-2011 season. He has it until someone takes it from him.

Jewelz0376
06-15-2011, 08:33 PM
yea, for the me, i think its one big tie, waiting for someone to announce theirselves the best

i think wade is the closest tho

Yea I'd have to agree with this...the more I think about it the more I change my mind...I want to say Lebrons the best and sometimes I do, but it's hard for me to ignore the way he played in the finals...

justinnum1
06-15-2011, 08:36 PM
No. most nights its lebron james, the nights its not him its wade

Swashcuff
06-15-2011, 08:42 PM
I currently think the closest thing to the best player in the NBA is indeed LeBron James. However with the strides made buy Derrick Rose and Dwight Howard last season I think that in order for him to stay on top he'll have to also make improvements in his game (develop that "killer instinct", a reliable back to the basket mid to high post game, perform better offensively in clutch situation and work on his jumper) both Rose and Howard (more so Howard than Rose) can in the not too distant future take that title away from him.

If Howard's now "refined" offensive game becomes "polished" I think not even LeBron will be as good and as dominant a player as him.

While KD has improved defensively IMO he didn't make the leap forward last season in that regard to make me believe that he can take that position of #1 away from LeBron.

As much as Dirk did this past season and especially post season he is just not as good a two way player as LeBron, Wade, Howard and Rose and I don't think he'll be holding that #1 spot in the future.

IMO for Wade to become #1 he'd have to effectively take the mantle and THE MAN in Miami and start making all the big plays down the stretch. Until then I can't say he's better than LeBron.

Chris Paul will have to translate his play against the Lakers in this past post season to a night in night out basis before I can put him at #1.

LakersA's49ers
06-15-2011, 08:55 PM
close call. top 3 is james,dirk,kobe in no order

JordansBulls
06-15-2011, 08:57 PM
I would say Dirk right now based on upsetting the two favorites for the season all along and them not even being predicted to even win there conference yet alone the title.

BigBlueCrew
06-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Of course the title of the best player is up for grabs. Thats partially what this fiansl was all about. You wanna level cleveland cuz you didnt have a good supporting cast, fine. Now you have a great supporting cast and still lose. Sorry there has to be some sort of penatly for that.

I love how the OP adds two inches to Kevin Durantulas height and penalizes him for having no low post game when this is exactly what Queen James' problem as well. Oh well you just cant convince some people.

allSUAVE
06-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Cp3 or d12

Mrphilly
06-15-2011, 09:13 PM
On PSD its always up for grabs. Let Kyrie Irving score 50 in a summer league game, and somebody will ask if he is the best.

LMAO at the OP naming every players flaws, as if its a perfect player out there.

The best player in the league dominates the game, and is the best player on the floor no matter who is playing. Im not trying to hear heart, and shooting % or mental weakness.

Kobe and Lebron are the best 2 players in the league, who is #1 is the only thing up for grabs.

kozelkid
06-15-2011, 09:16 PM
After that finals performance by Lebron I am now 100% convinced that when fully healthy, Chris Paul is the best player in the world. He is the closest player I can think of that literally has no flaws in his game.

theheatles
06-15-2011, 09:24 PM
Long live the king!

Saad
06-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Wish it was still Kobe. But LeBron is probably the best player in the game. But who knows Kobe might come out and surprise some people.

Hawkeye15
06-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Re-read your original post OP. If you are going to ask this question, no need to bring his personal life into the topic in that manner.