PDA

View Full Version : WOuld you PAY to play in the league?

Hellcrooner
06-15-2011, 07:13 PM
Ncaa players dont have to pay to enter the league. they get drafted and then they get paid.

Rubios BUYOUT this summer is 2000000 dollars worht.
NBA TEAMS CAN ONLY PAY 500000 in buyout concepts ( something that has to be revised in cba)

SO in short when rubio signs with wolves this season ( barring lockout) he will HAVE TO PAY FROM HIS OWN POCKET the other 1500000

yes he is going to PAY a million and a half dollars from his own pocke tto play in the league.

And people is still talking **** bout it.

if he STAYS in spain the next three years, he will EARN 8 million dollars from his contract and then JOIN for free the wolves, at the oh so old age of 23:speechless:

but instead he is going to sign for the ridicule rookie salary and wast a third of it in paying his buyout because his DREAM is to play in Nba.

So basically if he stays , when he is 23 he will ahve earned 10 million dollars WITH NO TAXES

If he joins wolves, he will ahve earned around 2 million after taxes

SO basically joining wolves is costing him 8 million dollars TOTAL.

how bout that.

would you give up 8 million dollars ( risking that you get a career injury and there are no more contracts) ?

woudl you?

GiantsSwaGG
06-15-2011, 07:16 PM
:sigh:

Cubs Win
06-15-2011, 07:18 PM
I'm assuming you mean his buyout is $2,000,000 not $20,000,000? :eyebrow:

Hellcrooner
06-15-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm assuming you mean his buyout is $2,000,000 not $20,000,000? :eyebrow:

yeah, fixed thanks

tredigs
06-15-2011, 07:31 PM
If it's my "DREAM" to play in the NBA, and my stock is already high with a coach/owner that want me there and a young team currently in its rebuilding faze waiting for me? Absolutely. The endorsement opportunities would be much larger if he becomes an NBA star (to supplement the lost income), and the money still sets him as a 23 year old multi-millionaire.

This kid's not even good enough to start for Barcelona at this point from what I'm gathering, though. I'm not overwhelmed by him. But yes, follow your dreams (especially if they give you guaranteed millions+ endorsement opportunities), not the additional contract earnings; money is a byproduct of working hard/being the best in what you're truly passionate about. He'll get his.