PDA

View Full Version : Teams that could have beat the Mavs, had they played them in the Finals?

kjoke
06-15-2011, 07:05 PM
I was thinking about teams that could have won vs the mavs, and i couldnt think of any really, they were the best team this year. But, i would have to say the celtics, simply because of ray allen picking apart the zone.

Hawkeye15
06-15-2011, 07:06 PM
none this year. The Mavs played the best when it mattered most. They literally showed they had adjustments for any kind of team.

NYKalltheway
06-15-2011, 07:07 PM
This year? Panathinaikos :) You heard it here first.. now bring them on in Athens :drool:

knicks4life33
06-15-2011, 07:07 PM
It was dallas time and they deserved it

Tony_Starks
06-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Nobody. The fact that they made ridiculous comeback wins on three different contenders pretty much sold me.

Sly Guy
06-15-2011, 08:11 PM
none this year. The Mavs played the best when it mattered most. They literally showed they had adjustments for any kind of team.

pretty much this.

pastrecedes
06-15-2011, 08:14 PM
no team could beat my Dallas Mavericks this year! we were handz down da best team in the nba and we proved it! Mavs fan 4 lyfe!!!

NetsPaint
06-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Nobody. The fact that they made ridiculous comeback wins on three different contenders pretty much sold me.
Pretty much why it'd be hard to sell anybody in the East on being able to beat them. And when it was time to win the fourth game in the Finals....nothing was getting in their way. Decisive win.

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Toronto Raptors.

Avenged
06-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Nobody. It was the Mavs year.

I think they went up against their toughest challenge (Heat) and they still won.

LTBaByyy
06-15-2011, 08:19 PM
It feels good to have more Mavs fans on PSD now

MFFL==FML
06-15-2011, 08:27 PM

I think they went up against their toughest challenge (Heat) and they still won.

Wow, usually I read your posts and think "this guys gay"... I appreciate the love. Thanks man.

12evolution 9
06-15-2011, 08:29 PM
the Heat team that played Boston wasnt the same one that lost to the Dallas... Dallas played not only physically stronger, but mentally... Jason Kidd, Dirk, Jterry + the coach kept the team on track at all times helping each other and getting at each. They were mentally strong and kept focus on the jewel... the mentally broke down - from Lebron, to the coach, and it traveled on and off throughout the rest of team...

i think Boston could have made it to game 7... dont know who would have won from then.. would have been a toss up - more in Dallas favor... they were the hottest team in the playoffs...

Hustlenomics
06-15-2011, 08:30 PM
Celtics

Aapox
06-15-2011, 08:40 PM
They were mentally strong and kept focus on the jewel... the mentally broke down - from Lebron, to the coach, and it traveled on and off throughout the rest of team...

Don't you know having Lebron and Traveled in the same sentence is taboo?

Ebbs
06-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't know that anyone really could. Lakers were 2x champs. Thunder are a hell of a young team who play completly differently. Than the three headed beast.

The team that scared me most heading in to the playoffs were: Portland (we played them first.), Lakers, Heat, Bulls, Grizz.

Edwin
06-15-2011, 08:45 PM
I don't think the Celtics could beaten them. The Celtics struggled to beat these guys during the regular season. I believe those two game they played against the Mavs came down to the wire and that's when we had our healthy team. The new Celtics that we had by the end of the year would have failed with all those injuries and new players we were trying to integrate. I believe the Heat were the best team out of the east that had the best chance to beat the mavs.

For the west, I think the thunder had the best chance to defeat the mavs, but they screwed up late in games. Plus, the mavs had the hardest road to the finals with blazers, lakers, thunders. The mavs face all type of tough competitions, so they clearly
was the best team in the nba.

Saad
06-15-2011, 09:19 PM
No one. Thats why they are the NBA champions. They went through anyone and everyone.

Hawkeye15
06-15-2011, 09:36 PM

you mean, its good to have people respect them more now. Sorry dude, but you have to acknowledge that the Mavs have been in positions to challenge for deep playoff runs and titles a few years here and there, but found ways to shoot themselves in the foot.

They finally broke through. They are getting more respect because of it. That is how sports work.

DoJoTheSlasher
06-15-2011, 09:41 PM
No one.

Swept the Lakers
Whooped the Thunder
Whooped Miami
Boston wouldn't have done anything to Dirk and if LeBron can't guard Terry then Allen can't.
Chicago lol

No one.

blastmasta26
06-15-2011, 09:48 PM
No one. Thats why they are the NBA champions. They went through anyone and everyone.
Well, technically they only went past Portland, OKC, LA, and Miami. But I don't think any team would have beaten them.

Had Boston kept Perkins however, I think they would have had the best chance, although still eventually losing.

llemon
06-15-2011, 10:12 PM
I felt Denver had the best shot vs. Mavs.

JordansBulls
06-15-2011, 10:16 PM
Bulls would have had a good shot with the defense we play. Also the Mavs would have no one for Rose.

ABOMB_56
06-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Not trying to bait, but the Miami team that played either the Bulls or Celtics would of won against the Mavs IMO. Those Miami teams played much tougher defense, crashed the boards with more authority, played with more passion, didn't constantly give up large runs that let the other team close the gap, and most importantly, those Miami teams didn't crumble in the 4th quarter.

blastmasta26
06-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Not trying to bait, but the Miami team that played either the Bulls or Celtics would of won against the Mavs IMO. Those Miami teams played much tougher defense, crashed the boards with more authority, played with more passion, didn't constantly give up large runs that let the other team close the gap, and most importantly, those Miami teams didn't crumble in the 4th quarter.
Had LeBron just played the way he did in prior series, Miami would have the title. The margin was close enough to reason that LeBron's under-performance dictated the outcome.

Avenged
06-15-2011, 11:11 PM
Wow, usually I read your posts and think "this guys gay"... I appreciate the love. Thanks man.

Hah! Well, I guess I'm flattered.

:p

kjoke
06-15-2011, 11:46 PM
Bulls would have had a good shot with the defense we play. Also the Mavs would have no one for Rose.

I think this is vastly overused/ No one on wade, but Dallas did a hell of a job on him, Rose would be the same way.
That being said, i do think that Dallas would be the better team. They simply make shots no matter what you threw at them. There entire teams' ability to shot would falter any defense.

marj987
06-16-2011, 12:32 AM

IKR....It makes me feel....Proud.:)

John Walls Era
06-16-2011, 12:35 AM

Yeah its those bandwagoners.

PSD Rules (:rolleyes:): If you join after June 2011 and you're a Mavs fan, then you're a bandwagoner. Don't ask me why, but thats what everyone said to Miami fans.

BadBoyPistons
06-16-2011, 12:37 AM
Bulls, Celtics and Spurs come to mind.

koreancabbage
06-16-2011, 12:40 AM
I think the Bulls would have given the Mavs a run for their money, Celtics as well

heck, even OKC got to game 7 with them as well.

but ultimately, that being said, Dallas still beat the best of the East

king4day
06-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Boston wouldn't have stood a chance. One 3pt shooter wouldn't make the difference. Not this Boston team at least. Maybe in years past. No one in the east or west was taking out this mavs team.

mynameismo
06-16-2011, 12:54 AM
None. That's why they're the champs.

DeyAce
06-16-2011, 12:59 AM
The Knicks

chicago lulz
06-16-2011, 01:02 AM
None. That's why they're the champs.

very nice sig sir

Wrigheyes4MVP
06-16-2011, 01:09 AM

Could have said it any better myself.

It was just Dallas's year, and Dirk's year.

I couldn't really see anyone beating them this year with Dirk playing the way he did. He was too good. Everyone around him picked up their level of play solely because he was playing so damn good.

Whenever that happens for a team, they become really tough to beat...even if their are other teams that seem to be more talented on paper.

Yanks All Day
06-16-2011, 01:24 AM
Dallas' biggest star played out of his mind and all role players stepped up their games both offensively and defensively. No one could have beaten the Mavericks this year.

DaBear
06-16-2011, 02:02 AM
The Bulls swept them in the regular season, but I guess that doesn't mean much. We would have a lot of trouble guarding Dirk, but we would lock down Terry, Barea, and Kidd.

barreleffact
06-16-2011, 02:13 AM
Memphis I think was a legit contender had they passed OKC, but I think they still would have lost to the Mavs so, just the Mavs

edit: I misread. Thought it said heat.

Revolu7i9n
06-16-2011, 02:52 AM
I can't even begin to express the terrible things that Dirk would have done to Carlos Boozer. Deng v. Marion would have been a wash; slight edge to Deng. A series with Chicago would have been fun to see, but I still think DAL (Nowitzki) would have slammed Boozer.

NBA-GMaster
06-16-2011, 04:14 AM
Bulls and Spurs in WC finals.. Spurs may be eliminated in 1st rd but they know how to beat the Mavs..

Niro
06-16-2011, 04:36 AM
07 golden state warriors

YoungOne
06-16-2011, 05:09 AM
celtics, only if healthy, but we barely had 2 fully healthy players

Jarvo
06-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Celtics & The Heat if they didnt blow it.

koreancabbage
06-16-2011, 09:17 AM
The Bulls swept them in the regular season, but I guess that doesn't mean much. We would have a lot of trouble guarding Dirk, but we would lock down Terry, Barea, and Kidd.

exactly, but then again. you could say that about Chicago beating up on the Heat in the regular season too :cool:

but i do think they (Bulls) could do a better job matching up with Dallas than Miami

THOUGH, i would still say that Miami would have won if Lebron James of the Bulls and Celtics series played in the NBA finals. yea i'm still mad at LBJ for flaming out. lol

ALS5
06-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Nobody! This is the Mav. year!

SteBO
06-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Agree with many of you. This was just simply the Mavs' year.

mRc08
06-16-2011, 11:26 AM
nobody, the heat got through the celtics and bulls, the mavs got through the lakers and thunder, and the mavs beat the heat. They earned the NBA title

OUbigdaddy
06-16-2011, 11:57 AM
I think the Bulls would have given the Mavs a run for their money, Celtics as well

heck, even OKC got to game 7 with them as well.
but ultimately, that being said, Dallas still beat the best of the East

Fail!!! Dallas beat OKC in 5 games!!! Nobody was beeting the mavs this year and thats a fact jack!!!!! Spurs??? Please, they couldnt get by Memphis. Chicago??? Who besides Rose plays offense on that team??? Boston??? Not a chance.

ChicagoJ
06-16-2011, 12:04 PM
The Bulls, Celtics, and Heat were all similarly great defensive teams, but I think the finals would have been the same if either the Celtics or Bulls would have played. The Mavs just had a stronger offense than anyone in the east along with stepping up on defense and that is why they won.

marj987
06-16-2011, 03:32 PM
The Knicks

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/562900/facepalm.jpg

Tony_Starks
06-16-2011, 03:43 PM

Hey hey gay can't be used as an insult! I heard it officially from Jared Dudley on a NBA commercial! :rolleyes:

phoenix_bladen
06-16-2011, 03:47 PM
the fact that the SWEPT the lakers and beat the thunder in 5 games?

they also beat the heat in 6 games and the heat were dominating the eastern conference finals they lost like only 2 games?

no one could have beaten the mavs this year nobody!

Redbull
06-16-2011, 04:25 PM
The Celtics would of had the best chance IMO.

FinsSuperBowl
06-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Boston would have made it a 7 game series but still would have lost lol.

No team this year

Da Knicks
06-16-2011, 05:12 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/562900/facepalm.jpg

Clearly he was joking, Dallas slammed us in the regular season and had the size to kill us. The knicks will be a team to be reckoned with for years to come but this year was a year to start getting the team ready.

drobe86
06-17-2011, 12:23 AM
Nobody lol.. This was our year, and our key players got hot at the right time.. It is what is..

gatkins11
06-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Well the consensus seems to be that it was simply Dallas' year. I agree.

YourTeamSucks
06-17-2011, 12:48 AM
The Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wait :(

douglas
06-17-2011, 12:52 AM
IMHTGO (in my honest to god opinion), I believe no one could beat the Mavs this year. They played with such intensity and they earned that championship. No if's, and's, or but's!!

LA_Raiders
06-17-2011, 12:58 AM
Los Angeles Lakers...

lol

JB0B0
06-17-2011, 12:58 AM
I think the Bulls would have been a better match-up. Noah would defend Dirk better than anyone on Miami did, Brewer/Bogans would do a better job on Jet, Kidd struggles against DRose. The Bulls swept the season series against Dallas and Dallas swept the season series against Miami. I'm not saying the Bulls would have won but I believe they match-up better, especially considering we have a deeper bench than Miami.

(Queue the Miami trolls)

marlinsfan24
06-17-2011, 01:11 AM
I think the Heat were the only team that could beat the Mavs. But they didn't. Mavs were the better team in the series and proved that to the world.

The Final Boss
06-17-2011, 01:30 AM
Los Angeles.

Dallas faced the Champs who were burned out and had irreversible locker room turmoil. The chem issue was brought on themselves.

lakeshow3peat
06-17-2011, 01:49 AM
First off this thread says finals and Mavs a western team the teams have to be from the East . No east team could have beat the Mavs unless it was the Heat simple as that . Celtics would have gotten swept . Mavs were the most consistent team and Dirk was hungry for a ring take notes lebron ha ha .

Raps26
06-17-2011, 01:51 AM
Toronto Raptors.

x2 lol