4. Terry - 18.0 ppg
5. Lebron - 17.8 ppg

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2011_finals.html

asandhu23
06-15-2011, 02:46 PM
he lost.

Ebbs
06-15-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm not tired of LeBron threads because he choked or had a bad finals or anything like that. As a player he still has my respect he is the best player in the world still. And the third best player this postseason. However I'm drowning in LBJ threads can we talk about something else please!

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2011, 02:50 PM
fail

PLAYERS FAN
06-15-2011, 02:50 PM
I didn't know Jason Terry average more than Lebron. Wow!

SteBO
06-15-2011, 02:51 PM
LeBron was bad, we get it already. Do we continually need threads like this? :pity: LeBron even said it himself in his exit interview. There's no need to continue to pile on him guys. Can't we at least credit the Mvs' defense for playing him near flawlessly defensively? It sounds like you guys aren't giving Dallas enough credit, which isn't fair to them.

knightstemplar
06-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Didn't Jason Terry average more than Lebron. Wow!

Wade - 26.5 ppg
Dirk - 26.0 ppg
Bosh - 18.5 ppg
Terry - 18.0 ppg
Lebron - 17.8 ppg

yep lol

Kashmir13579
06-15-2011, 02:53 PM
LeBron was bad, we get it already. Do we continually need threads like this? :pity: LeBron even said it himself in his exit interview. There's no need to continue to pile on him guys.

i'm finally with you on this. all of 3 days later.

jp611
06-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Give it a rest

Ebbs
06-15-2011, 02:55 PM
Yea Kidd, Marion and Stevens is a hell of a defensive trio give him a break. Also no one really mentioned this but:

1. Wade was hot, super hot. Why wouldn't Lebron continue to feed him and playoff of him?

2. Wade had dominated a final why wouldn't he play #2?

SteBO
06-15-2011, 02:55 PM
i'm finally with you on this. all of 3 days later.

:laugh2: Yeah, I just feel like Dallas isn't getting enough credit here. Their defense on him was great, near flawless in fact. It just goes to show you that it's team defense that can stop LeBron from doing what he does best. Dallas deserves more credit for LeBron's struggles here.

SteBO
06-15-2011, 02:58 PM
Yea Kidd, Marion and Stevens is a hell of a defensive trio give him a break. Also no one really mentioned this but:

1. Wade was hot, super hot. Why wouldn't Lebron continue to feed him and playoff of him?

This as well :nod: It's not all in LeBron. Marion especially, played great defense on LeBron. Dallas is actually a team LeBron has the lowest scoring output against in his entire career.

still1ballin
06-15-2011, 03:00 PM
lol @ lebron

-Kobe24-TJ19-
06-15-2011, 03:04 PM
yeah we know lebron sucks now

gaughan333
06-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Still the best player in the NBA

ink
06-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Thing that stands out for me is Bosh being that high. He had a damn good series and I for one have been hard on him. I thought he played exceptionally well.

I don't even care about Lebron being the 5th highest scorer. I don't care if he defers to Wade or Bosh if he's trying to play more of a team game. He failed but hopefully it will open his mind to coaching and learning how to be more effective with his teammates. He's a unique player and they haven't figured out how to get the most out of him. Maybe they never will. Remember, it took Mark Cuban years to figure out how to maximize Dirk, and he never did manage to get the most out of Steve Nash.

I am officially hating the hate Lebron is getting.

tredigs
06-15-2011, 03:19 PM
On 48% shooting (in comparison to DIRK and Bosh's somewhat atrotious 41% from the PF position), also posting 7+ boards and nearly 7 assists (most of any player on either team).

^Potentially the most impressive "HAHA - FAILURE!" in NBA Finals history?

What strikes me the most on that stat sheet is the nearly 44 minutes a game Lebron was logging on average (nearly 5 more a night than Wade). Same story for the rest of the post-season. I haven't seen the stat on it, but I'd be amazed if he didn't average the most playoff minutes of the last 30-40 years.

I saw so many media figures that were EXHAUSTED after covering Lebronapalooza for one week in Miami, I seriously can't even imagine what type of fatigue the guy who was actually enduring it must have been going through; Not to mention the fact that every road game for them was a near playoff atmosphere.

"But HE put himself in dat place TREYdiz!" No doubt about it. But Jesus Christ, I wonder if the guy finally just ran out of gas after dominating the Bulls/Rose on both ends every night - hence his failure to be more aggressive/attack (and subsequently shoot the least FT's in any playoff in his life) orientated after game 1?

I really do wonder if that lack of intensity was a product of viscous over-use by Spo that finally caught up to them (that said, could they have even made the Finals if Spo didn't abuse him in earlier rounds? Not sure). Damn curious to see how that plays out next year.

Ah well, back to work.

mttwlsn16
06-15-2011, 03:22 PM
hahahaha outscored by bosh!! AND a guy coming off the dallas bench :laugh2:

AddiX
06-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Bron had the biggest drop off in average from regular season to playoffs in NBA history.

I don't think to many people will call him king next year that's for sure.

:clap:

0nekhmer
06-15-2011, 03:27 PM
honestly i don't like lebron, but you guys are getting annoying as ****. not scoring 30+ points does not mean choking. he played great defensively, got triple doubles, and was a KEY contribution to the Miami heat getting all the way to the finals.

lets see..
IF lebron averaged 30+ points and they lost in the finals he would be hated
IF lebron scored 50+ in a game and had 2 rebounds/assists he would be hated
IF lebron averaged a triple double in the playoffs won a ring, he would be hated

all in all you can call him a hog, choke artist, and in this case 5th leading scorer. But he is still the best player in the NBA.

ChicagoJ
06-15-2011, 03:31 PM
Miami fans should think about it like this. When/if the time comes that LeBron gets a championship there is no doubt it will have been hard earned and he will deserve much credit for achieving it. It has been no easy road to a title for him.

k.smith904
06-15-2011, 03:33 PM
god wills it.

also: don't all you crybaby "enough Lebron threads" people realize you're only fueling the fire?

Gibby
06-15-2011, 03:42 PM
he had a bad finals but lets not forget he was amazing for the rest of playoffs. he was still the leader in WS for the playoffs.

matthollabak
06-15-2011, 03:50 PM
honestly i don't like lebron, but you guys are getting annoying as ****. not scoring 30+ points does not mean choking. he played great defensively, got triple doubles, and was a KEY contribution to the Miami heat getting all the way to the finals.

lets see..
IF lebron averaged 30+ points and they lost in the finals he would be hated
IF lebron scored 50+ in a game and had 2 rebounds/assists he would be hated
IF lebron averaged a triple double in the playoffs won a ring, he would be hated

all in all you can call him a hog, choke artist, and in this case 5th leading scorer. But he is still the best player in the NBA.

Until you get to the finals.

Rego247
06-15-2011, 03:53 PM
Until you get to the finals.

ouch.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-15-2011, 03:54 PM
1 more pt and he is third :shrug:

Lake_Show2416
06-15-2011, 03:58 PM
We had to listen to your homerism and the bandwagon Miami fans all year. Now we going to have our fun.

U mad?

seriously thats the positive thing bout Lebron not winning is another year of bashing! :D

SoxBearsBulls!
06-15-2011, 05:14 PM
LeBron was bad, we get it already. Do we continually need threads like this? :pity: LeBron even said it himself in his exit interview. There's no need to continue to pile on him guys. Can't we at least credit the Mvs' defense for playing him near flawlessly defensively? It sounds like you guys aren't giving Dallas enough credit, which isn't fair to them.

What baffles me is that Chicago's D is better than the Mavs but he kicked our *****.I hope Thibs is watching and dissecting video of these Finals so the Bulls can do what the Mavs did to the Heat...also, wouldn't hurt if the Bulls could hit open jumpers like Dallas did:p

knightstemplar
06-15-2011, 05:40 PM
1 more pt and he is third :shrug:

no, 1 more point and he is tied with bench player jason terry with 108 points for 4th
btw james played 67 more minutes than terry

LA_Raiders
06-15-2011, 05:49 PM
owned

LJEATON26
06-15-2011, 06:47 PM
1. Wade - 26.5 ppg
2. Dirk - 26.0 ppg
3. Bosh - 18.5 ppg
4. Terry - 18.0 ppg
5. Lebron - 17.8 ppg

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2011_finals.html

The funny thing is that wasn't Bosh supposed to be the non superstar third wheel?

1-800-STFU
06-15-2011, 06:54 PM
The threads keep getting better and better :laugh2:

I love you NBA forum

knicks4life33
06-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Here are my top 5 lebron jokes:

1) heard lebron skipped college cuz he doesnt know how to deal with finals.

2) i heard theres a new lebron james phone coming out. It only vibrates cause it has no rings.

3)a wife tells her husband" i want to name our son lebron james" the husband replies "i dont like it" it just doesnt have a ring to it.

4)dont ask lebron change for a dollar cause he only has 3 quaters.

5) today is national lebron james day, everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early

dodie53
06-15-2011, 07:03 PM
who lead in assists?

nickdymez
06-15-2011, 07:32 PM

After you lose two in a row, wades domination should mean nothing. As "the best player in the world" you have to know when to take matters into your own hands, not delegate...