PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Mavericks are the first jump shooting team to win a championship.

dnewguy
06-15-2011, 01:53 PM
They're the first team primarily known for jump shots to win it all. In the process they had more free-trows than their opponent the Miami Heat. This isn't about conspiracy but most NBA analysts over the years wouldn't predict such occurrence.

Is NBA in the age of Jump Shots to win rings? Keep in mind jump shooting teams have been progressing in the new hand check rules NBA. Does this Mavs stand a chance before the hand check rules were instituted?

Your thoughts......

Your thoughts.

Ebbs
06-15-2011, 01:56 PM
It has nothing to do with the rules.

All though I thought about that too. I have said before we can't win when our whole team only shoots jumpshots. But here we are.

Tyson and Marion kind of broke that a bit though as both rarely settled.

dnewguy
06-15-2011, 01:59 PM
It has nothing to do with the rules.

All though I thought about that too. I have said before we can't win when our whole team only shoots jumpshots. But here we are.

Tyson and Marion kind of broke that a bit though as both rarely settled.

It also surprised a lot of people. I know many people stand to make huge money off a Heat loss but I never thought in my life time a team will win the championship when the other team has almost double their points in the paint and somehow the jump shooting team has more free-trows.

Touch fouls is ruining the NBA IMO.

JordansBulls
06-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Dirk is pretty much a big man.

TheRunKiller
06-15-2011, 02:03 PM
dnewguy is still finding ways to bash the Mavs

TheRunKiller
06-15-2011, 02:03 PM
No, that would be the trolls that feel the need to start a lebron thread every second.

:cry:

dnewguy
06-15-2011, 02:05 PM
We all know most of you hate the Heat but take a good look back at this series and you will realize that once Heat has a lead, the refs start blowing whistles to bring Dallas back. I think that eventually broke us, not Dallas. The reffing was absolutely pathetic, how can you try your best and keep coming short, eventually you just say the hell with it.

k.smith904
06-15-2011, 02:06 PM
a heat fan complaining about touch fouls. :facepalm:

the Mavs just have a bunch of really good spot up shooters. Pretty amazing how they torched the "best perimeter defense we've ever seen."

k.smith904
06-15-2011, 02:09 PM
take a good look back at this series and you will realize that once bulls has a lead, the refs start blowing whistles to bring Miami back. I think that eventually broke us, not Miami. The reffing was absolutely pathetic, how can you try your best and keep coming short, eventually you just say the hell with it.

I changed 3 words, but made your statement true.

dnewguy
06-15-2011, 02:09 PM
a heat fan complaining about touch fouls. :facepalm:

the Mavs just have a bunch of really good spot up shooters. Pretty amazing how they torched the "best perimeter defense we've ever seen."

I didn't get that memo, the Bulls had a better perimeter defense.

dnewguy
06-15-2011, 02:10 PM

Your Bulls hardly got past Indiana.

justinnum1
06-15-2011, 02:11 PM

Are you saying rose quit? Because i would kind of agree with you.

jp611
How is this thread still open?

Ebbs

I wanted to believe this was an honest thread as it is interesting that a jump shooting team finally won.

We all know most of you hate the Heat but take a good look back at this series and you will realize that once Heat has a lead, the refs start blowing whistles to bring Dallas back. I think that eventually broke us, not Dallas. The reffing was absolutely pathetic, how can you try your best and keep coming short, eventually you just say the hell with it.

But than this killed any chance of that.

You sir should be ashamed of you're self. You are a sad man and a poor loser.

The only game that raised any question of intentional poor reffing was game 3 which you still won...

justinnum1
06-15-2011, 02:12 PM
I didn't get that memo, the Bulls had a better perimeter defense.

No they didnt. Not better than the heats. No one was stopping dallas from making those 3's.

Hustlenomics
06-15-2011, 02:12 PM

that must be why Heat had 33 free throws in game 6 while Dallas had 18 (couple of them from intentional fouling cause the Heat couldn't take the loss like men)

ichitownclowni
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM

lol true

jp611
So, this thread stays open, but threads about real news (Wade and Lebron mocking Dirk) get closed... what a joke

k.smith904
Your Bulls hardly got past Indiana.

if 5 games is hardly winning, then the heat barely got past Philly.

dnewguy
that must be why Heat had 33 free throws in game 6 while Dallas had 18 (couple of them from intentional fouling cause the Heat couldn't take the loss like men)

The series was over in 5, the Heat didnt even come to play in game 6. How can you keep coming to play when someone else besides both teams keep deciding the outcomes?

Hustlenomics
06-15-2011, 02:17 PM
The series was over in 5, the Heat didnt even come to play in game 6. How can you keep coming to play when someone else besides both teams keep deciding the outcomes?

lol i see what you did there

SteBO
06-15-2011, 02:18 PM
How is this thread still open?

:shrug:

And based on the responses I've seen in here, I think I'll end this now. Probably should have closed this sooner.