PDA

View Full Version : Miami Herald/Yahoosports: Heat Fans sell tickets to Mavs Fans for Game 6

JordansBulls
06-15-2011, 12:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Some-Miami-Heat-fans-are-complete-sell-outs;_ylt=AhUuZuj.Y5avvtWlAKCCm5C8vLYF?urn=nba-wp4990

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/06/14/2265200_p2/miami-heat-seeks-center-eyes-samuel.html#1_undefined,0_

• So why were there so many Mavericks fans at Sunday’s game, most of them near Dallas’ bench? Michael Lipman, whose company helps resell Heat seats, said Heat ticket holders sold 150 seats to Mavericks fans after the Mavs’ premium seat department inquired. Dallas fans paid as much as $3,000 for first- and second-row seats by the Mavericks’ bench in Game 6, as much as $2,000 a few rows back.

“In Dallas, not one person sold to Heat fans,” Lipman said. “They have longtime loyal fans there.” In Miami, with some of the best seats, “you didn’t necessarily have only Heat fans, but wealthy individuals who are basketball fans and wanted to be a part of this. Some of the fans here said, ‘If I sell this game, it will pay for my whole playoff invoice.’”

haggis
06-15-2011, 12:14 PM
Doesn't surprise me.

gaughan333
06-15-2011, 12:24 PM
I'd have probably done the same thing. That is a lot of money, especially because if you are a heat fan you either don't wanna be there to watch your team lose, or you can go to game 7 if they win. Game 6 would be easier to sell for heat fans.

dnewguy
06-15-2011, 12:26 PM
We won the MONEY.

Now take that.

ChitownSports16
06-15-2011, 12:26 PM
I knew there was something wrong....

Swashcuff
06-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Personally I would not have sold my tickets but I can fully understand why others would.

South Florida is not known for having the best sports fans in the world so either way this isn't that big of a surprise to me.

Mile High Champ
06-15-2011, 12:28 PM
3000 dollars, hell yes I would of sold my tickets..

asandhu23
06-15-2011, 12:29 PM
lol. they knew LeBron was gonna choke again.

knicks_champ
06-15-2011, 12:30 PM
I would of sold my game 6 tix but if the Heat won I would of gone to game 7.

knicks_champ
06-15-2011, 12:30 PM
We won the MONEY.

Now take that.

No you didn't

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2011, 12:32 PM
sad...but i'm not surprised...they don't give a crap about basketball. If James wasn't there the arena woulda been 70% Mavs fans, 30% Miami fans.

gaughan333
06-15-2011, 12:33 PM
I would of sold my game 6 tix but if the Heat won I would of gone to game 7.

This is the point i was trying to make. I think you may have stated it better.

JordansBulls
06-15-2011, 12:35 PM
3000 dollars, hell yes I would of sold my tickets..

I think most buy the tickets before the series starts so most probably expected the Heat to be up at that time 3-2. And if so they would have kept the tickets, but being down 3-2, they sold them.

knicks_champ
06-15-2011, 12:35 PM
This is the point i was trying to make. I think you may have stated it better.

:up:

Swashcuff
06-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Do you guys know what the NBA is about to a lot? MONEY

Do you guys know what sports is about to many? MONEY

Why are guys trying to discredit Heat fans/bandwagoners because they sold their tickets to make MONEY?

Most owners in sports are in it to make MONEY more so than to win. Sports is a business these Heat fans/bandwagoners saw an opportunity to cash in and they took advantage of it.

valade16
06-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Do you guys know what the NBA is about to a lot? MONEY

Do you guys know what sports is about to many? MONEY

Why are guys trying to discredit Heat fans/bandwagoners because they sold their tickets to make MONEY?

Most owners in sports are in it to make MONEY more so than to win. Sports is a business these Heat fans/bandwagoners saw an opportunity to cash in and they took advantage of it.

Except the Owners invest in the team to make money. Fans don't invest in a teams accomplishments to earn a profit. Completely different scenarios...

They are bandwagoners. I went and saw my Ducks play for the National Championship, and I was offered at the time triple what I paid for them, I declined. It's called being a true fan.

And this isn't the only thing that makes people think their bandwagon fans. It's how they always show up late to the games, how some games weren't even sold-out (or at the very least didn't appear to be as several thousand of the fans failed to show), and now their selling their tickets to Mavs fans when the Heat will need their enthusiasm to force a game 7.

Name one reason that would lead people to believe Heat fans AREN'T bandwagoners?

Jack_Meoff
06-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Honestly, I'm not going to hate on this... I would have sold that ticket too, I like watching my team win, but they dont pay my bills.... If you can make $3,000 off of a ticket, I say "Hell Yes," go buy yourself an Armani Suit, a 3D tV and watch the game at home.... lol

Swashcuff
06-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Except the Owners invest in the team to make money. Fans don't invest in a teams accomplishments to earn a profit. Completely different scenarios...

They are bandwagoners. I went and saw my Ducks play for the National Championship, and I was offered at the time triple what I paid for them, I declined. It's called being a true fan.

And this isn't the only thing that makes people think their bandwagon fans. It's how they always show up late to the games, how some games weren't even sold-out (or at the very least didn't appear to be as several thousand of the fans failed to show), and now their selling their tickets to Mavs fans when the Heat will need their enthusiasm to force a game 7.

Name one reason that would lead people to believe Heat fans AREN'T bandwagoners?

Wait? What Heat fans? Are you calling all Heat fans bandwagoners? Or just the ones who sold their tickets? Because I know a couple people who've been Heat fans from inception.

gaughan333
06-15-2011, 12:55 PM
Yep, I could buy a really nice tv to watch that game on for 3k.

omdigga
06-15-2011, 12:57 PM
cant really blame people for selling their tickets for ridiculous prices.. i dont think the mavs won the game because of the fans that were sitting behind the bench...

Swashcuff
06-15-2011, 01:01 PM
cant really blame people for selling their tickets for ridiculous prices.. i dont think the mavs won the game because of the fans that were sitting behind the bench...

Nor did the Heat lose because their fans sold their tickets to the game.

Fnom11
06-15-2011, 01:08 PM
My friend sold 2 seats 3 rows behind the Heat bench for 5 grand each. I would sell them too.

justinnum1
06-15-2011, 01:10 PM
I was offered 2K per each of my seat but refused to sell, i can undertand others wanting to sell tho.

Swashcuff
06-15-2011, 01:12 PM
My friend sold 2 seats 3 rows behind the Heat bench for 5 grand each. I would sell them too.

How much did he pay for them?

ichitownclowni
06-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Not a real fan but then again nevermind ill get banned for baiting lol :p

LA_Raiders
06-15-2011, 01:15 PM
There is no way I would sell, once in a life time... Money comes and goes, but moments in life stay with you forever...

Looks like it's all about the Money...

3Blueforyou
06-15-2011, 01:15 PM
I think if you have the capital to put up the money in the first place to pay for extraordinarily expensive tickets your not worried about a couple grand. If they are responsible people they are simply using excess cash to get tickets, and gave up on their team does not surprise me.

Swashcuff
06-15-2011, 01:19 PM
There is no way I would sell, once in a life time... Money comes and goes, but moments in life stay with you forever...

Looks like it's all about the Money for the Cheat & Cheat Fans...

So you mean to tell me a Angelina Jolie offered you a million dollars for your seats 3 rows behind the Lakers you wouldn't give?

gaughan333
06-15-2011, 01:20 PM
I wouldn't sell tickets to game 7 as a heat fan, but for 4k a seat, I'm selling game 6. Its just a sporting event.

Fnom11
06-15-2011, 01:26 PM
How much did he pay for them?

I'm not sure but probably 1.5 each

Super.
06-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Doesn't surprise me at all.

Typical Floridian fans

koreancabbage
06-15-2011, 01:36 PM
money is money. this is only game 6. even if it was an elimination game for the Heat, it would be more exciting to know that you have the tix to game 7- which is the game you want to watch in the first place.

selling the tix 2-5 grand each is being smart. in the end, this is just a sport where you are the attendees and not the participants. unless you have a huge bet on the game, you're not really winning or losing if your team wins or lose.

SteBO
06-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Meh.....whatever. I understand why they'd sell the tickets though.

ChiSox219
06-15-2011, 01:48 PM
3 grand is nothing for those seats.

smith&wesson
06-15-2011, 01:50 PM
First of all if you had the money to buy those tickets in the first place its probably because your well of or wealthy. to sell them just means you didnt care to watch the game that bad after all. dallas fans on the other hand cared enough to fly to miami , over pay for tickets just to watch theyre team..

this is just brutal. if the big three were formed any where else they would be apreciated soo much more.

its seems liker there are some really passionate heat fans, and im not bashing you guys. you guys rep your team nice here on psd. but 150 tickets sold to mavs fans ? those fans should be ashamed of themselves. they have the most talented team in the nba and they dont even care.

gaughan333
06-15-2011, 02:08 PM
I'd imagine that there would be fans that sell their seats for a lot of team. You can bash heat fans for a lot of things, but I don't really think this is one of them. I don't care if you had enough money to buy them, getting a 3-5k for seats that you paid probably 1k for is still a huge return.

justinnum1
06-15-2011, 02:09 PM
The season ticket holder next to me is a bulls fan yet spent 30K on his 2 seats, never saw him once during the postseason, nothing you can do about it.

gaughan333
06-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I imagine some people bought the tickets as an investment

justinnum1
06-15-2011, 02:19 PM
If the heat organization had a better method of who they sold there tickets to(not just first come first serve), but fans who intend on going to the games, this wouldn't be as big of a problem.

Right after the heat got wade and bosh, a ton of season tickets were bought up by scalpers and ticket companies.

Astronaut
06-15-2011, 02:27 PM
If the heat organization had a better method of who they sold there tickets to(not just first come first serve), but fans who intend on going to the games, this wouldn't be as big of a problem.

Right after the heat got wade and bosh, a ton of season tickets were bought up by scalpers and ticket companies.

Its pretty much pathetic how awful "Heat" fans as a whole are..

90% of them probably can't name a player outside of the BT. Obviously there are loyal fans in each fanbase, but seriously, that was just bad. Mavs fans punked you guys hard.

DodgerB24
06-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Some of the worst fans in basketball.

mttwlsn16
06-15-2011, 02:46 PM
lol ... true fans

justinnum1
06-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Its pretty much pathetic how awful "Heat" fans as a whole are..

90% of them probably can't name a player outside of the BT. Obviously there are loyal fans in each fanbase, but seriously, that was just bad. Mavs fans punked you guys hard.

Cool story, funny thing is some heat fans didnt want lebron. lol

Glad you feel that way tho:)

Kenny Powders
06-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Some of the worst fans in basketball.

Not just basketball either, all sports. It probably has a lot to do with South Florida being a retirement haven.

justinnum1
06-15-2011, 03:12 PM
The heat lost and people are still mad lmfao

Bruno
06-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Miamis home crowd makes Staples Center look like Salt Lake City.

Bruno
06-15-2011, 03:16 PM
The heat lost and people are still mad lmfao

It looks like most are happy. :shrug:

Heat fans should be mad at their $eason ticket holders for allowing Mavs fans to have a presence in game six.

drobe86
06-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Its well known that Miami is probably the worst sports town in the USA. The Marlins have trouble selling seats, and the Dolphins aren't where they should be in attendence. The Miami Hurricanes are a powerhouse, and they haven't done all that well lately. There's only 1 Dallas, or Boston....

ugottabjoshinme
06-15-2011, 04:04 PM
I'd do the same for my team

JordansBulls
06-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Miamis home crowd makes Staples Center look like Salt Lake City.

How was Salt Lake city after Deron left?

papisupremo
06-15-2011, 04:09 PM
if i ever had a chance to see the knicks or jets in a championship game, HELL NO im not selling. i don't care if im offered $20k or $200k. i dont care if angelina jolie personally offers to let me smash all night after the game, i got a cpl of bad broads that will still take care of me. money is money, but that moment of possibly seeing my team win is PRICELESS.

now, i get that heat fans saw a championship just 4 years ago. but i dunno, i wouldn't do it. miami fans only care about the fins and um. thats it. and even at fins games against the jets, the stadium is mostly jets fans. when barkley made that comment about miami fans, nail, meet head. lol.

John Walls Era
06-15-2011, 04:13 PM
How can this be made a big deal about? I rather make some money than see my team (outside Detroit Lions of course).

synister281
06-15-2011, 04:18 PM
I went to the Bears/Packers NFC championship game, I was offered 2500 a piece for my tickets and turned it down. Something about being there for an important game is what makes real fans great IMO.

LakersMaster24
06-15-2011, 04:21 PM
We won the MONEY.

Now take that.

Its funny how you have 3,000+ posts. But 2/3 of those posts are completely bull....:facepalm:

swirl54
06-15-2011, 04:25 PM
This article is misleading they make it seem like The Heat have a fan base.

Bruno
How was Salt Lake city after Deron left?

Can't say I watched any Jazz home games after he left (unless the Lakers played them and I just forgot).

swirl54
We won the MONEY.

Now take that.

Delete your account you made the bet be a man.

pd1dish
06-15-2011, 04:28 PM
what do you expect when half the fan base are bandwagon fans

Badluck33
06-15-2011, 04:28 PM
Heat fans...

the best eva!

Badluck33
06-15-2011, 04:29 PM
Delete your account you made the bet be a man.

what was the bet?

u should put it in your sig.

VillaMaravilla
06-15-2011, 04:29 PM
im from the city and now live in Miami i can tell you the only team everyone here cares about are the Dolphins win or lose they support the Phins but when it comes to the Marlins and the Heat the "FANS" only show up when and if they win a chip,,,,pretty sad

Badluck33
06-15-2011, 04:31 PM
im from the city and now live in Miami i can tell you the only team everyone here cares about are the Dolphins win or lose they support the Phins but when it comes to the Marlins and the Heat the "FANS" only show up when and if they win a chip,,,,pretty sad

I have a few friends in Miami and they say the exact same thing.

Miami is owned by the Dolphins.

LionsFan..LOL
06-15-2011, 04:31 PM
If I were offered $3000 for tickets hell yeah I would sell them.

Dash
06-15-2011, 04:36 PM
I would have done the same.

TO to the CHI
06-15-2011, 04:40 PM
I think the reality is that there are fans in all fan bases that would sell their tickets for that much money, but also fans that wouldn't even consider.

When the Blackhawks were about to win the Cup last year, I bought tickets from a broker and flew from Chicago to Philly to watch them win it. The memories from that trip with buddies are worth far more than the price that I paid. But I was fortunate to be able to do that (and that my wife let me) and I can understand that others have different priorities and decisions to make.

HesterTrain
06-15-2011, 04:44 PM
We won the MONEY.

Now take that.

What happened to deleting your account bud?

MaxPain69
06-15-2011, 04:56 PM
wow.....i am a loyal heat fan since the timmy and zo days and im really starting to hate heat fans...cmon guys! how can u sell ur tickets in the most important game of the season!!! sell ur tix in the beginnning not in the finals!

MVP1
06-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Selling your tickets shows their lack of faith for their team. If they were up 3-2 there's no way they would give up the chance to see their team win at home. Florida has the worst fans and no other state is even close.

Tony_Starks
06-15-2011, 05:01 PM
The money is tempting but I think it depends on how deep your fan loyalty is.

For example I got hooked up with a ticket for game 1 Lakers vs Philly finals in the luxury box. Now Im thinking "damn if I were to flip this I could get some major money!"

But the more I thought about it Im like man this is historical, how much is it worth to be able to say I was actually there? But I been down since the Magic days, were I a bandwagoner please I wouldn't have thought twice about it!

Only to see that damn AI step over Tyronne Lue!!!!!!!!!!

Punk
06-15-2011, 05:01 PM
We won the MONEY.

Now take that.

You won a trip to the delete button.

Now do it.

Rego247
06-15-2011, 05:12 PM
You won a trip to the delete button.

Now do it.

he won't do it punk. apparently the refs won that game not the mavs.

FriedTofuz
06-15-2011, 05:25 PM
Miami has fans? Real fans would not sell their seats away to help the aposing team gain soupport. Barkely now sounds more and more like an intelligent man when he says things.

FriedTofuz
06-15-2011, 05:26 PM
he won't do it punk. apparently the refs won that game not the mavs.

is that what every heat fan is saying?:laugh2:

FriedTofuz
06-15-2011, 05:28 PM
What happened to deleting your account bud?

why do you have a heat fan in your sig, when people cant even click the post? How will we know the post even exists?

SwatTeam
06-15-2011, 05:38 PM
First off, Miami is a city that has a huge disparity between rich and poor. You're either rich or you're poor. the middle class is almost non-existant there. its true a large percentage of heat fans or bandwagoners are fickle but what do you expect? you got all these people buying up heat tickets because its the place to be seen not because of their loyalty for the team. the true fans are most likely priced out or wasting their time here on PSD (because lets face it if you're rich and are blogging your opinions on PSD you're not rich).

Anyways, you can't say this in larger markets such as LA, Chicago, and NY because their populations hovers over 10-20 million. Miami's tri-county area only has 5 million. Lets not forget there are people who live in Miami who come from other areas, so they still cheer they're hometown teams. Miami Heat basketball doesn't have a big tradition of fans because they're team has only been around for less than 25 years vs Boston, LA, and Chicago which have teams over 50 years in the league.

The Dolphins own Miami because they're been around for over 40-50 years. Time makes a difference. In this case, Miami's fan base should only be compared to nba teams fan bases that are 30 years of age or younger. In closing, many of you have failed your civics course in high school.

Astronaut
06-16-2011, 02:59 AM
Cool story, funny thing is some heat fans didnt want lebron. lol

Glad you feel that way tho:)

Just because I comment on something Heat related doesn't mean it has ANYTHING to do with LeBron..

He choked away the Finals, we are satisfied.. for now.

D Roses Bulls
06-16-2011, 03:37 AM
heat fans still giving excuses. look, if you can afford those seats, you really dont need the money that bad. thats a cop out saying they sold their seats to get the money. seriously........ its not like you were offered 2k for nose bleed seats or second deck seats. these were a couple rows back, they were a lot of money in the first place.

Bulls_fan90
06-16-2011, 04:15 AM
Typical Miami "fans". Worst fan base in the league.

HesterTrain
06-16-2011, 08:13 AM
why do you have a heat fan in your sig, when people cant even click the post? How will we know the post even exists?

The game 5 thread is closed, I can't quote it. Unless you tell me how :p

There are plenty of witnesses so for now just take my word.

sventhedog
06-16-2011, 08:43 AM
they just were smart enough to know you pay for tickets to an NBA game for 4 quarters. miami is giving them only 3.

PennyMy#1
06-16-2011, 09:05 AM
Yesterday ... yeah I saw a HEAT FAN ! A HEAT FAN, wearing blue jeans and white shoes ! OMG ! WTF ! He wears the Mavs-Colours. THAT can't be a Fan. Bandwagon-MOFO Pff ... what was he thinking ?! Typical South Beach dumbass ...

;-)

MiamiWadeCounty
06-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Good post SwatTeam. You hit the nail on the head with you post.

Big Zo
06-16-2011, 10:36 AM
People who sit courtside aren't real fans anyway. Just a bunch of rich corporate snobs that have nothing better to do.

mats13--
06-16-2011, 10:55 AM
First off, Miami is a city that has a huge disparity between rich and poor. You're either rich or you're poor. the middle class is almost non-existant there. its true a large percentage of heat fans or bandwagoners are fickle but what do you expect? you got all these people buying up heat tickets because its the place to be seen not because of their loyalty for the team. the true fans are most likely priced out or wasting their time here on PSD (because lets face it if you're rich and are blogging your opinions on PSD you're not rich).

Anyways, you can't say this in larger markets such as LA, Chicago, and NY because their populations hovers over 10-20 million. Miami's tri-county area only has 5 million. Lets not forget there are people who live in Miami who come from other areas, so they still cheer they're hometown teams. Miami Heat basketball doesn't have a big tradition of fans because they're team has only been around for less than 25 years vs Boston, LA, and Chicago which have teams over 50 years in the league.

The Dolphins own Miami because they're been around for over 40-50 years. Time makes a difference. In this case, Miami's fan base should only be compared to nba teams fan bases that are 30 years of age or younger. In closing, many of you have failed your civics course in high school.

Excuses, excuses - Miami is simply a bad sports city, period. The Raptors havent been around for nearly as long as Miami, yet up until this year, and the last year they went to the finals we have had a way better attendance (not to mention that we were a far more valuable team, look up forbes valuations if u care). In addition, Miami is one of the quietest buildings in the league, the ACC with 16000 fans in it is louder than a sold out Miami game (with a bunch of people watching who dont give a ****). Toronto and Miami also have a very similar population so that plays no factor.
And as far as the Dolphins go, every time i watch one of their games there always seems to be a ton of empty seats.

Master Mind
06-16-2011, 11:04 AM

:clap: