PDA

View Full Version : #4 PG In The NBA? (Volume IV)

Mile High Champ
06-15-2011, 10:47 AM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last three years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. Its is now that time to vote! I would like to start this up once more considering the NBA season is now over and we can get to this discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 3 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

Here is a comparison of the 6 players in the poll from last season.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nashst01&y1=2011&p2=westbru01&y2=2011&p3=rondora01&y3=2011&p4=kiddja01&y4=2011&p5=parketo01&y5=2011&p6=curryst01&y6=2011

2011 Top 10 PG RANKINGS

1) Chris Paul
2) Derrick Rose
3) Deron Williams
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

2010 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Deron Williams
2) Chris Paul
3) Steve Nash
4) Rajon Rondo
5) Derrick Rose
6) Chauncey Billups
7) Russel Westbrook
8) Tony Parker
9) Jason Kidd
10) Tyreke Evans

2009 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Deron Williams
3) Chauncey Billups
4) Tony Parker
5) Steve Nash
6) Derrick Rose
7) Devin Harris
8) Rajon Rondo
9) Jose Calderon
10) Jason Kidd

2008 Off-Season PSD PG Rankings
1) Chris Paul
2) Steve Nash
3) Deron Williams
4) Baron Davis
5) Tony Parker
6) Jason Kidd
7) Chauncey Billups
8) Gilbert Arenas
9) Jose Calderon
10) Andre Miller

jp611
06-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Gotta be Westbrook

Cool007
06-15-2011, 10:51 AM
I would go with Steve Nash. Westbrook is like a hair behind.

theheatles
06-15-2011, 10:53 AM
4. westbrook
5. rondo
6. nash
7. tony parker
8. billups
9. j kidd

Mile High Champ
06-15-2011, 10:55 AM
Good breakdown of 6 of the guys I listed in the poll.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=nashst01&y1=2011&p2=westbru01&y2=2011&p3=rondora01&y3=2011&p4=kiddja01&y4=2011&p5=parketo01&y5=2011&p6=curryst01&y6=2011

jp611
06-15-2011, 10:55 AM
4. westbrook
5. rondo
6. nash
7. tony parker
8. billups
9. j kidd

Sounds about right to me

iHoop
06-15-2011, 10:58 AM
I gotta go with Rondo here.

Mile High Champ
06-15-2011, 11:01 AM
Taking Nash here and it was an easy choice for me. Despite Nash's shortcomings on defense, he remains one of the best play makers and skilled offensive players in this league. Nash easily leads the rest of the guys in this poll in eFG%, TS%, AST%, ORtg, OWS etc. The thing I like about Nash is his usage, unlike Westbrook who has an ridiculously high USG% of 31.6, Nash comes in around 21. Nash also makes better decisions than any of the players on this list and as much as I like the explosiveness and scoring ability of Wesbtrook, he too often is careless with the ball and tries to do way too much.

Jetsguy
06-15-2011, 11:03 AM
I went with Westbrook over Nash just based on one rising and the other falling at this point in their career

Chest Rockwell
06-15-2011, 11:04 AM
While I hate him, I gotta go Rondo here. One of the best distributors in the league with playmaking ability and great D.

THE GIPPER
06-15-2011, 11:07 AM
i went rondo, then nash, followed by westbrook. i wasnt impressed with westbrook at all in the playoffs this year.

Tarheels23
06-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Wow, the Chicago wave outlasted Williams. Rondo here for me.

AntiG
06-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Rondo. As good as it gets in pure point guard play, best rebounder and defender amongst all PGs.

jp611
06-15-2011, 11:17 AM

Get over it

Rivera
06-15-2011, 11:20 AM
i didnt realize all the win shares tony parker was worth holy :speechless:

normally right here i would go with rondo....but again the question is the "right now" and as far as this past season went russel westbrook has to go here

you can talk about how he played in the playoffs but there was a point (probably 1/4 through the season) where people were saying russel westbrook was MVP he had a phenominal season

i would take nash/rondo on my team to run it but i cant ignore the year he had last year and i hope he will get better

westbrook is the pick here

SteBO
06-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Rajon Rondo here. He's as good as it gets when it comes to setting guys up. He's also a terrific rebounder for a guard, a point guard no less.

Tarheels23
06-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Get over it

I dont agree with it, but trust me I'm over it. Life goes on and all you normal people will wake up today/tomorrow with the same problems and Im going to just live my life the way I want to live...... Wait a minute....

Rondo #4

JamaicanYouth
06-15-2011, 11:23 AM
westbrook and nash are both better than rondo come on we saw it in the playoffs before he got hurt he was gettin d-up by Mike Bibby

SteBO
06-15-2011, 11:26 AM
westbrook and nash are both better than rondo come on we saw it in the playoffs before he got hurt he was gettin d-up by Mike Bibby
Not really. That was mainly due to team defense. But in those first two games, Rondo was very passive and ony looked to pass the ball when he got into the lane.

Mike Bibby D'ing up Rondo = :laugh:

sixer04fan
06-15-2011, 11:27 AM
First we had the epic Paul/Rose/Williams debate... Now it's going to be another blood bash between Westbrook, Rondo, and Nash... Here we go!

JamaicanYouth
06-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Not really. That was mainly due to team defense. But in those first two games, Rondo was very passive and ony looked to pass the ball when he got into the lane.

Mike Bibby D'ing up Rondo = :laugh:

Mike bibby was stripping and occasionally blocked rondos shot even when rondo was on a fast break he couldnt score on him so lets not say team defense stopped rondo from scoring on mike bibby

SteBO
06-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Mike bibby was stripping and occasionally blocked rondos shot even when rondo was on a fast break he couldnt score on him so lets not say team defense stopped rondo from scoring on mike bibby
Bibby is crafty that way, but seriously man, Mike Bibby did not stop Rajon Rondo. Not even close dude.

JamaicanYouth
06-15-2011, 11:33 AM
The way i think of it is if nash was on the celtics instead of rondo they would be almost unstoppable and put rondo on the thunder guarantee they would be as good because the thunder need westbrook to score

Crackadalic
06-15-2011, 11:34 AM
This is really hard but i pick rondo because he's a better all around pg then nash and westbrook.

JamaicanYouth
06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
Bibby is crafty that way, but seriously man, Mike Bibby did not stop Rajon Rondo. Not even close dude.

Rondo is the most overrated point guard in the league dude

SteBO
06-15-2011, 11:37 AM
John wall got a vote. Interesting.

SteBO
06-15-2011, 11:38 AM
Rondo is the most overrated point guard in the league dude

In terms of what?

MJ-BULLS
06-15-2011, 11:41 AM

Not just the Chicago wave. But he deserved it.

I gotta go with Westbrook.

JamaicanYouth
06-15-2011, 11:41 AM
In terms of what?

lets be real all rondo can do is pass a rebound is defense is overrated as well because he is a gambler nothing else put nash of the celtics and tell me they wouldnt be a better team

m26555
06-15-2011, 11:43 AM
lets be real all rondo can do is pass a rebound is defense is overrated as well because he is a gambler nothing else put nash of the celtics and tell me they wouldnt be a better team
So he can't get to the basket at will? He doesn't COMPLETELY change opposing defenses' gameplans? I can give you a reason why the Celtics wouldn't be a better team if they had Nash instead: defense. Rondo, regardless of what you think, is an outstanding perimeter defender, something Nash is simply awful at.

m26555
06-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Also, I honestly don't see how anyone can say Westbrook here at this point.

SteBO
06-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Nash is also as good as it gets when it comes to PG play, but to tell me that Rondo's defense is overrated because he gambles(which he doesnt do alot of btw, he knows how to stay in front of his man because of his speed), is just pure BS. Oh yeah, and let's also forget that Bostons' offense was clunkered even moreso than before because Rondo was playing with one arm. :rolleyes: The guy is a great PG. He's far from overrated. Nash can't defend like Rondo, and that makes a huge difference for the Celtics.

jp611
06-15-2011, 11:49 AM
John Wall got a vote :laugh:

JamaicanYouth
06-15-2011, 11:53 AM
if your point guard is shooting better from the field than the line you have a problem i admit rondo is a good fit for the celtics because of all Hall of famers but without them he could never carry a team. Lets not forget that before this year rondo has never averaged double digit assists with all these hall of famers imagine rondo on the suns lmao come on man

Tarheels23
06-15-2011, 11:54 AM
John Wall got a vote :laugh:

the kid can dance

DoJoTheSlasher
Rajon Rondo. I would've taken Nash but his defense drops him a little. Nash will be next though but Rondo takes this spot. Basically a threat for a triple double most nights.

JamaicanYouth

Why?

Chrash Davis
06-15-2011, 11:55 AM
the kid can dance

yep that was me...I think I violated the rules and went more on future and potential. I just really like what I have seen so far though

Rivera
06-15-2011, 11:56 AM

i love you m26 but i have to disagree with you

there is an argument to be made for either rondo/westbrook/nash/parker at this spot

at this point in only seems like a race between rondo/westbrook but you could make an arguement for any of the 4 players i mentioned

wjmoffatt
06-15-2011, 11:56 AM
Taking Nash here and it was an easy choice for me. Despite Nash's shortcomings on defense, he remains one of the best play makers and skilled offensive players in this league. Nash easily leads the rest of the guys in this poll in eFG%, TS%, AST%, ORtg, OWS etc. The thing I like about Nash is his usage, unlike Westbrook who has an ridiculously high USG% of 31.6, Nash comes in around 21. Nash also makes better decisions than any of the players on this list and as much as I like the explosiveness and scoring ability of Wesbtrook, he too often is careless with the ball and tries to do way too much.

Just said it he plays NO D!!!!
Westbrook has the all around game!

Mile High Champ
06-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Rajon Rondo here. He's as good as it gets when it comes to setting guys up. He's also a terrific rebounder for a guard, a point guard no less.

Rondo is a good play maker but he is a black hole on offense. His 1.8 OWS last year were downright awful. His win shares last year were much worse than both Nash & Westbrook. His shooting percentages are certainly on the bad side and I just see no way he is the 4th best PG in the NBA.

Mile High Champ
06-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Just said it he plays NO D!!!!
Westbrook has the all around game!

Fine but Westbrook is also terribly inefficient on offense. His usage% is scary and he lacks basketball IQ. Too often he forces the bad pass or simply ignores his teammates in favor of taking his own shot. I just can't justify him here over Nash.

SteBO
06-15-2011, 12:04 PM
Rondo is a good play maker but he is a black hole on offense. His 1.8 OWS last year were downright awful. His shooting percentages are certainly on the bad side and I just see no way he is the 4th best PG in the NBA.
Well, his playmaking, speed, and defense is what put him over the top for me. Nash and Rondo are comparable in terms of playmaking with the only major difference being offensive efficiency, a stat Nash has Rondo beat, so I get why you would put Nash as the 4th best PG. Nash has my vote over Russell. That's for sure.

cbreezy34
06-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Why is Raymond Felton an option already but not Jrue Holliday. Holidays better

Mile High Champ
06-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, his playmaking, speed, and defense is what put him over the top for me. Nash and Rondo are comparable in terms of playmaking with the only major difference being offensive efficiency, a stat Nash has Rondo beat, so I get why you would put Nash as the 4th best PG. Nash has my vote over Russell. That's for sure.

Fair enough but I would put Nash as the best playmaker in the league. Rondo is in that 2nd or third spot behind Nash but nobody does it better than Steve. But the difference in offensive efficiency & Shooting is just so far a part. Granted there is probably the same difference in terms of the quality of their defense but I simply can't ignore how bad of an offensive player Rondo truly his. The guy can't do anything on offense other than drive to the basket. Plus is such a brutal free throw shooter.

Swashcuff
06-15-2011, 12:09 PM
I'll go Westbrook here. I still think he has a lot of growing to do as a PG. On various different occasions in the regular season he played on par with KD.

JordansBulls
06-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Westbrook.

Why would #3 be skipped? Yeah it was a close race for #2 and #3, but in #1 Deron had like 13 votes to Rose's 74 and then all of a sudden it was close for the #2 spot?

Who is to say that the #3 spot wouldn't be close with Deron, Westbrook and Rondo this year?

Mile High Champ
06-15-2011, 12:10 PM
Why is Raymond Felton an option already but not Jrue Holliday. Holidays better

Read the first post. I explained that as we go on, more name will be added. Chill. It is not like Holiday or Felton was going to win this poll.

Mile High Champ
06-15-2011, 12:11 PM
Westbrook.

Why would #3 be skipped? Yeah it was a close race for #2 and #3, but in #1 Deron had like 13 votes to Rose's 74 and then all of a sudden it was close for the #2 spot?

Who is to say that the #3 spot wouldn't be close with Deron, Westbrook and Rondo this year?

No other player had more than 4 votes. Deron Williams had over 100. How was Deron going to lose the third poll? Plus the discussion was only about williams and rose. No one else even brought up Rondo, Nash or Westbrook. Most people that chose Rose said that Williams was third best.

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2011, 12:16 PM
Close between Nash and Westbrook...but i'm goin with Westbrook. And Rondo shouldn't be ahead of Nash in the voting...he's not better than Nash.

Swashcuff
06-15-2011, 12:20 PM
Westbrook.

:confused:

The next closest guy had 4 votes while Deron had over 100, you really wanted to waste a day "debating" what is basically a given?

JWO35
06-15-2011, 12:28 PM
Rajon Rondo

ManRam
06-15-2011, 12:35 PM
This is tough.

Nash, Rondo and Westbrook are all such different players.

I went with Russy though. Sure, everyone tried to make him the scapegoat, and he deserved some of the blame for sure for getting scoring hungry, but I do feel his complete game is better than Nash's at this point in his career, and Rondo's too. I've been a HUGE Rondo supporter for a while, but Russy had a WAY better year. He's not quite the passer, but he still is very good. He's a much better scorer and shooter, he's a better rebounder, he's more athletic, and his defense while not Rondo-good, is very good. I like his complete game a bit more.

And I love Nash. Hard not voting for him here.

Avenged
06-15-2011, 12:46 PM
It is between Nash and Westbrook..

I'm not a fan of Russell but I think at this stage of his career, he surpasses Nash. He's more efficient than him and much more athletic. Nash may be the better true point guard, but Westbrook is better than him over all.

smith&wesson
06-15-2011, 12:52 PM
I went with rondo.

westbrook is a shoot first pg,

rondo is a pass first pg.

I simply respect a pg who passes more then he shoots. and sets his team mates up

and nash is old and on a decline.

going with rondo

ManRam
06-15-2011, 12:53 PM
I went with rondo.

westbrook is a shoot first pg,

rondo is a pass first pg.

I simply respect a pg who passeds more then he shoots.

and nash is old and on a decline.

going with rondo

So you'd support a pass-first PG who helps his team out less than the other guy, just because he passes more frequently? Hell, when Russy is out there, he assists on 43% of his teammates FGs, compared to 47% for Rondo. Is that really a huge difference?

Last year's stats.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=westbru01&y1=2011&p2=rondora01&y2=2011&p3=nashst01&y3=2011

Russy destroys Rondo in the advanced stat world. 23.6 PER to 17.1. 0.159 WS/48 compared to 0.126 and so on. He's a more efficient scorer than Rondo, a better rebounder, turns it over less...

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2011, 12:55 PM
yup Rondo winning the poll...overrated as usual.

Avenged
06-15-2011, 01:02 PM
yup Rondo winning the poll...overrated as usual.

Rondo's passing game really stands out to many but if people are voting for him as the 4th best PG off of that, Nash is the better choice. Nash averages more assist than him per game wise and advanced wise. Not to mention that it's clear Nash works with less than Rondo does.

D-Will4Prez
06-15-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm a huge fan of Rondo and I love what he did in the playoffs, but I have to go westbrook here, he just does everything. I love Rondo's hustle, defense, and passing ability, but his FT% and 3P% just plain old suck. Westbrook is the better all-around player.

jp611
06-15-2011, 01:03 PM
If Rondo wins this, I think I'll puke

Hustlenomics
06-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Rondo. He's a clutcher rebounder, better defender,better play maker, and plays with more heart than anyone else on this list

NBA-GMaster
06-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Westbrook!! one of the players in team USA, appeared in Allstar game and won the all nba 2nd team..

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Rondo's passing game really stands out to many but if people are voting for him as the 4th best PG off of that, Nash is the better choice. Nash averages more assist than him per game wise and advanced wise. Not to mention that it's clear Nash works with less than Rondo does.

and Nash is one of the best shooters of all time, while Rondo shoots as well as Shaq. Nash owns him on offense.

jim51990
06-15-2011, 01:29 PM
the fact that rose is over williams makes this list a joke
chicago fans stop being bias for once in your life

Ebbs
06-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Nash
Rondo
Westbrook
Curry now IMO

Ebbs
06-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Rondo. He's a clutcher rebounder, better defender,better play maker, and plays with more heart than anyone else on this list

Not sure he has more hustle than Nash.

DLeeicious
06-15-2011, 01:35 PM
lol @ clutcher rebounder.

I went with Russell here and I think in the next few years he will pass Deron as well.

CELTICS4LYFE
06-15-2011, 01:46 PM
Rondo or Nash....Westbrook everytime I think of him BALLHOG just screams out lol

k.smith904
06-15-2011, 01:52 PM
gotta be westbrook.

don't let the media convince you he's a cancer for that team.

tough choice between him and rondo, though. both are perfect for their respective teams.

Hustlenomics
06-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Not sure he has more hustle than Nash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyhx0i27-Cc

Mile High Champ
06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyhx0i27-Cc

youtube arguments... :facepalm:

SteBO
06-15-2011, 02:23 PM

:laugh2:

Baller1
06-15-2011, 02:24 PM
Westbrook.

Mile High Champ
06-15-2011, 02:54 PM
:laugh2:

Nothing is worse to use..

I once had a guy tell me that Ben Wallace was a good FT shooter when he wanted to be. He showed me a video of Ben Wallace shooting different free throws over the years and knocking them down. Was hilarious.

gbpackers12
06-15-2011, 02:55 PM
I got Rondo here.

SteBO
06-15-2011, 03:00 PM
Nothing is worse to use..

I once had a guy tell me that Ben Wallace was a good FT shooter when he wanted to be. He showed me a video of Ben Wallace shooting different free throws over the years and knocking them down. Was hilarious.

Exactly. It boggles my mind how people can actually use youtube to back up claims. :laugh2: I'm still chuckling at this actually.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Rondo. If he didn't get boxed out by Wade after the whistle Celtics would have gotten a 3-2 lead over the Heat in that series. Rondo is probably one of the best if not the best play caller in the NBA. Plays great on ball defense and can make the plays in crunch time.

jp611
06-15-2011, 03:13 PM
It's gonna be a travesty if John Wall makes the top 10

Hawkeye15
06-15-2011, 03:16 PM
How can Rondo have a case here? He completely regressed as the season wore on.

Westbrook here easily. I LOVE Nash, but his defense continued to be terrible, and he finally started showing reduced foot speed

Bruno
06-15-2011, 03:21 PM
Although inefficient in the playoffs, I voted R-W. He had a great regular season (although his production took a big dip in the playoffs).

NoTippinPippen
06-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Tough pick between Rondo and Westbrook here but I went with Westbrook. Rondo is one of the best playmakers in the game today but Westbrook made some huge strides this season and will continue to improve his game next season.

ManRam
06-15-2011, 03:36 PM
I know it's such a trivial way to determine things like these, but who would you rather have?

Player A: 10.6 points, 11.2 assists, 4.4 rebounds, 17.11 PER, .495 TS%, .126 WS/48
Player B: 21.9 points, 8.2 assists, 4.6 rebounds, 23.63 PER, .538 TS%, .159 WS/48

I really think it's clear that Player B has a larger impact on an offense. Rondo (A) is better defensively, but I don't think it's better to make up for Russy's offensive superiority (he's B, obviously).

Not to mention Russell's team went further, and the fact that he's the most durable PG in the game, besides maybe Andre Miller. He hasn't missed a game in his career (Rondo is really durable too).

Chrash Davis
06-15-2011, 03:37 PM
It's gonna be a travesty if John Wall makes the top 10

He may not be top 5, but would it really be a travesty if he was in the Top 10?

jp611
06-15-2011, 03:38 PM
He may not be top 5, but would it really be a travesty if he was in the Top 10?

Yes, he was horrible this year, but I'll save that for when it comes up

PatsSoxKnicks
06-15-2011, 03:41 PM

This. And to add a little of my own opinion, I think Westbrook will pass Nash within the next 2 years (depending on how quickly he matures). And as for the reason I have Nash at #4 despite his AWFUL defense is because I don't believe PG defense means as much as defense at other positions. To put it bluntly, PG is the least important position defensively. And for that reason, Nash's weakness defensively isn't as bad as Westbrook's poor decision making at times/inefficient shooting and Rondo's inability to make a jump shot (or a free throw for that matter).

Jewelz0376
06-15-2011, 04:19 PM
I had to go with Westbrook... Rondo may be the better passer...but overall offensively Westbrook is better...Rondo's shooting is just so bad it really hurts that Bos team on offense at times....Not to mention he really played bad the 2nd half of the season...

Rondo is a better defender, but its not like Westbrook can't defend either..I have to go with Westbrook...

I still just can't understand how you can be in the nba for 4 to 5 yrs and still be that bad at shooting...I'm sorry there is no way he works on his shooting as hard as he could...Not saying he needs to become a 3 point shooter but my god he can't even shoot from 15 feet lol

Hustlenomics
06-15-2011, 04:51 PM

I just used an example calm down. Watch how they play and Rondo hustles more

SeoulBeatz
06-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Jrue holiday

mdm692
06-15-2011, 05:14 PM
This. And to add a little of my own opinion, I think Westbrook will pass Nash within the next 2 years (depending on how quickly he matures). And as for the reason I have Nash at #4 despite his AWFUL defense is because I don't believe PG defense means as much as defense at other positions. To put it bluntly, PG is the least important position defensively. And for that reason, Nash's weakness defensively isn't as bad as Westbrook's poor decision making at times/inefficient shooting and Rondo's inability to make a jump shot (or a free throw for that matter).

best post here!!! Sad how underrated nash is. . .put nash in any of the other pgs teams theyve be instantt contenders thats how much of an impact he has yet people dont even put him top 5. . .sad psd homers

Giraffes Rule
06-15-2011, 05:36 PM
My top ten:

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Derrick Rose
4. Russell Westbrook
5. Steve Nash
6. Tony Parker
7. Rajon Rondo
8. Chauncey Billups
9. Jason Kidd
10. Mike Conley

Conley and Kidd I'm a little iffy on, but Kidd had the better playoffs.

Jewelz0376
06-15-2011, 05:40 PM

I disagree with that... There is nothing worse for a defense than giving up middle penetration and most of the time when a pg breaks down a defense it will be middle penetration...

With as athletic and quick as pgs are today having a pg who can't defend is a HUGE liability to your defense...The only way you can have a decent D with Nash is if the opposing team has a player you can have Nash guard to hide him while another some1 else sticks the pg...

mdm692
06-15-2011, 06:27 PM
I disagree with that... There is nothing worse for a defense than giving up middle penetration and most of the time when a pg breaks down a defense it will be middle penetration...

With as athletic and quick as pgs are today having a pg who can't defend is a HUGE liability to your defense...The only way you can have a decent D with Nash is if the opposing team has a player you can have Nash guard to hide him while another some1 else sticks the pg...

not necessarily theres way to get around that hence the zone defense. And if you say that doesnt work then look at the mavs.

Jewelz0376
06-15-2011, 06:54 PM
not necessarily theres way to get around that hence the zone defense. And if you say that doesnt work then look at the mavs.

Sure the Mavs were good at it but they still were a man defense team more than zone...It's not like the Mavs were a bad man team and could only defend playing zone...they were a good man defensive team also...

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-15-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm sorry but until Rondo learns how to do the most basic thing a basketball player is supposed to know how to do(SHOOT!), he's nowhere near the top 5. I went with Westbrook over Nash by a hair.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-15-2011, 07:25 PM
Very upset that Rondo doesn't have more votes.

NetsPaint
06-15-2011, 08:13 PM
For the love of all humanity can Nash please win this one. He's definitely in the top 4.

WHO else would have gotten that Suns team to 40 wins. WHO?

mdm692
06-15-2011, 08:23 PM
For the love of all humanity can Nash please win this one. He's definitely in the top 4.

hahaha it it wont happen its IMPOSSIBLE for a 37 year old to be in such good shape as he is, to destroy defenses in one drive, and to be better PG(GO LOOK UP THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD) than these young athletic sg djsguised as pg, cant shoot to save their life type pgs.

EVENTHOUGH NASH LED ALL PGS IN
DOUBLE-DOUBLES PER GAME
ASSIST PER GAME
FG%
GAMES WITH 15+ ASSIST
AND ALMOST EVERY OTHER CATEGORY RELATED TO OFFENSE

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2011, 08:24 PM
Very upset that Rondo doesn't have more votes.

he was horrible in the 2nd half of the season, and in the 2nd round. he should be ranked 6th.

NetsPaint
06-15-2011, 09:27 PM
hahaha it it wont happen its IMPOSSIBLE for a 37 year old to be in such good shape as he is, to destroy defenses in one drive, and to be better PG(GO LOOK UP THE DEFINITION OF THE WORD) than these young athletic sg djsguised as pg, cant shoot to save their life type pgs.

EVENTHOUGH NASH LED ALL PGS IN
DOUBLE-DOUBLES PER GAME
ASSIST PER GAME
FG%
GAMES WITH 15+ ASSIST
AND ALMOST EVERY OTHER CATEGORY RELATED TO OFFENSE
Sadly many will ignore our posts:laugh2:. Didn't he have a top win shares too or something near the end of the season? Only LeBron had more?

NetsPaint
06-15-2011, 09:33 PM
Also, help me out Suns fans, I watched quite a bit of them this past season on League Pass, and it seems like Nash did a decent job on defense. It seems like people will just say and think things without watching...

Help me out here.

mdm692
06-15-2011, 09:41 PM

Also, help me out Suns fans, I watched quite a bit of them this past season on League Pass, and it seems like Nash did a decent job on defense. It seems like people will just say and think things without watching...

Help me out here.

Usually nash guard a weaker sg when playin Strong pgs which are covered by hill/pietrus/dudley/childress butvyes he does a descent job a drawing offensive fouls most of them charges and having the iq that he has he gets steals or tips passes when guarding those kind of players but people will ignore it because he is 37

NetsPaint
06-15-2011, 09:54 PM
Usually nash guard a weaker sg when playin Strong pgs which are covered by hill/pietrus/dudley/childress butvyes he does a descent job a drawing offensive fouls most of them charges and having the iq that he has he gets steals or tips passes when guarding those kind of players but people will ignore it because he is 37
Oh yeah, I remember him taking a few charges.

I don't know if it was you, but a while ago in a thread, that I think I made, about Nash somebody said he also tells his teammates where to go to help him out too.

I understand the top three, they were in my top 4 along with Nash, not the same order, but I don't have much of a problem with it. Really irks me to see Rondo and Westbrook have more votes because it's far from the truth:(.

mdm692
06-15-2011, 09:57 PM
Oh yeah, I remember him taking a few charges.

I don't know if it was you, but a while ago in a thread, that I think I made, about Nash somebody said he also tells his teammates where to go to help him out too.

I understand the top three, they were in my top 4 along with Nash, not the same order, but I don't have much of a problem with it. Really irks me to see Rondo and Westbrook have more votes because it's far from the truth:(.
Not to mention he played with back, groin, and i think ankle injury all season long

DwayneMVPwade
06-15-2011, 10:01 PM
I have westbrook

NetsPaint
06-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Not to mention he played with back, groin, and i think ankle injury all season long
Yeah, man. He never took it easy either. He laid it all on the line every night.

I understand Suns fans wanting to trade him for value because he's 37, but he's still so unbelievably good that I wouldn't do it....Makes a team that much better and is such an great example of a great human being.

NetsPaint
06-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Westbrook MIGHT have the potential to carry a team like Nash did (minus the passing) this past season, but that has yet to be seen. Can he accomplish something like Rose did as a scoring PG? Who knows. He didn't play that great in the WCF.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
06-15-2011, 11:05 PM
So the most overrated PG is leading this list. Nice.

BadBoyPistons
06-16-2011, 12:49 AM
I voted Nash. Westbrook and Rondo are only slightly behind.

More-Than-Most
06-16-2011, 01:12 AM
Nash... People say he is starting to fall but please explain how? The guy is still beasting and offensively can do it all. He is a better passer/Shooter and Ball handler out of everyone remaining on this list. He makes everyone around him 10 times better and still looked great after the loss of Amare and Richardson. The only place Nash lacks is defense and he is bad but nowhere near as terrible as people make him out to be.

Its Nash period... Westbrook and Rondo have the benefit of all stars on their teams that help make them look better... Nash has nobody and can make anyone into an all star.

Yanks All Day
06-16-2011, 01:22 AM
Westbrook can really score, but Rondo is the better point guard. Handles, distributes, and defends better than Westbrook. I'd take him over any remaining PG on this list to start a team.

Mile High Champ
06-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Mods can you close this thread. Part 5 is up.

SteBO
06-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Closed per OP request..........#5 PG thread is up.