PDA

View Full Version : Should Kidd retire?

Hellcrooner
06-15-2011, 03:16 AM
Not a bash thread but a respect thread.

He has always been one of my fav players, and my fav Pg hands down the last 20 years.

Ok , he did it, he got that ring that eluded him in 2002 and 2003.
He is old, slowing down more by the day but he still is not completley wrecked material as in 5 mpg thing.

Too many great players ahve ended their careers in those 5mpg 10 day contracts pathetic fashion.

I remember 1989 kareem, taking a significant turn down in his stats, becoming a joke of his former self and to add insult to injury leaving the game being swept in a finals.

I wish he had gone out with a smile, with a win a hard fought epic 4-3 win against pistons the year before.
But he didnt and it makes me sad to think how it ended.

So, why should kidd keep playing? he is got his ring, he has earned millions of dollars, why risk yourself to end your career as a loser? theres no lock AT ALL that they can repeat the trick.

Why not leave the game with a last picture of you holding an obrien?

CountSackula
06-15-2011, 03:50 AM
If I were Kidd, I would call it a career and go out as a winner. But I think he said that he wanted to play for 1 or 2 more years during his post game interview.

bholly
06-15-2011, 03:51 AM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=626153

EaglePride615
06-15-2011, 03:51 AM
no. i think hes got a good 2 more years left to where he can run a team the right way. but if his pt starts to diminish id just go out while im relevant.

The Final Boss
06-15-2011, 04:07 AM
Asante Samuel would get annihilated like Deangelo Hall if Asomugha signs with Philadelphia.

EaglePride615
06-15-2011, 04:11 AM
thanks for making my sig. back on topic though...

TrueFan420
06-15-2011, 04:21 AM
because he prob loves the game and wants to play as long as he can because once he leaves its for good.

BadBoyPistons
06-15-2011, 04:28 AM
He should play one more season and if they don't win a championship then retire. I'm pretty sure the main reason he wants to play on is because he can see the possibillity of winning another championship, maybe I'm wrong though.

Shareeb_omac2
06-15-2011, 04:35 AM
He should retire. Go out on top.

This would help the Mavs lure Deron Williams.

NBA-GMaster
06-15-2011, 05:46 AM
NO, he should finish his final contract then retires after..

The_Pharouh
06-15-2011, 06:00 AM
He aleady said he won't retire unless there is a long lockout ,he is gonna be paid 10M this year,which is a good reason not to retire :D

JasonJohnHorn
06-15-2011, 09:10 AM
I think so. He still has game, but lets face it, he's not going to touch Stockton's numbers, and there really is nothing more to do. But if he loves playing that much, and wants to play, and somebody will pay him to do it, why not.

He could take the route Robinson and Kareem took. Retire on top. Or he can do what Stockton did and play until he didnt have the heart to play anymore.

As a champion, it would be nice to finish on top, but at the same time, there may be some pride in defending your championship.

With his shooting so draastically improved, and his high basketball IQ, smart play making, shot selection, and pride in defence and hussle, he can play for another three years at least (with a greatly reduced role). Any team would love to have him coming in to rest a starter, or spread the floor in the final minutes of a quarter.

As a starter though, he may be Dallas's only option next season, so he likely wouldnt have to come off the bench, but I cant see him keeping up all season playing 20+ minutes. He'd be a great guy to spell guys during the season and bring on for big moments in the playoffs.

synister281
06-15-2011, 09:48 AM
He'd be smart to retire on top.

twoearl
06-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Not Yet. I say he resigns with Dallas just to see if they can repeat as champions. If they lose next year, he should then retire...

MR.TRIPDUB
06-15-2011, 10:09 AM
It looks good on paper, you know get out while you're on top but i hope he doesnt just because he my favorite player. He said he still feels great and the way he plays is suited for old guys (jk) who still want to contribute.

Maybe comebAck for a repeat and defend their title.