PDA

View Full Version : Should the Mavs now get priority TV Time Next Year

JordansBulls
06-15-2011, 12:04 AM
The past 2 seasons it was the Lakers who got the best slots on Sunday on ABC and also was shown a lot on TNT, ESPN, etc. Will the Mavs now get that attention or will they get ignored for the most part?

daleja424
06-15-2011, 12:05 AM
no...people still do not care about Dallas...

Miami, LA, Chicago, NY get the ratings

210Don
06-15-2011, 12:05 AM
ignored..... heat will get every spot

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2011, 12:06 AM
ignored..... cheat will get every spot

this. you know Stern only gives a **** about ratings.

Lakerhead4ever
06-15-2011, 12:17 AM
they should, but if they don't who cares.

Punk
06-15-2011, 12:29 AM
The Mavs/Heat game I believe drew higher ratings than last year's Lakers/Celtics series if I read correctly.

The Mavs will get alot of ESPN games but I'm not sure about TNT. TNT hardly showed Dallas home games the last 2 years.

I expect these teams to get alot of coverage on ESPN, TNT, ABC, NBA TV:

LA Lakers
Miami Heat
Dallas Mavericks
New York Knicks
Boston Celtics
OKC Thunder
Memphis Grizzlies
Chicago Bulls

Those should be the only teams to take up TV time next year. Nobody else.

FriedTofuz
06-15-2011, 12:30 AM
No, they should put the raptors up. they need some exposture to the rest of the nba.

tredigs
06-15-2011, 12:36 AM
The Mavs/Heat game I believe drew higher ratings than last year's Lakers/Celtics series if I read correctly.

The Mavs will get alot of ESPN games but I'm not sure about TNT. TNT hardly showed Dallas home games the last 2 years.

LA Lakers
Miami Heat
Dallas Mavericks
New York Knicks
Boston Celtics
OKC Thunder
Memphis Grizzlies
Chicago Bulls

From a pure entertainment standpoint, I'd rather watch the Clippers next year than any team in the NBA.

daleja424
06-15-2011, 12:37 AM

LA Lakers
Miami Heat
Dallas Mavericks
New York Knicks
Boston Celtics
OKC Thunder
Memphis Grizzlies
Chicago Bulls

It could have been HEAT vs Wolves for the finals and people would have tuned in in record numbers... a lot of folks were badly wanted to see the HEAT lose.

LA_Raiders
06-15-2011, 01:05 AM
May be a couple more games... Next year Its going to be all about the Bigs again:

LA, Chicago, NY, Boston & The Cheat

West doesnt get much TV time exept for the all mighty Lakers...

Kevj77
06-15-2011, 01:12 AM
It could have been HEAT vs Wolves for the finals and people would have tuned in in record numbers... a lot of folks were badly wanted to see the HEAT lose.It's the hater effect. Nothing makes for higher ratings. Howard Stern made a career out of it. That is one of the many reasons MJ drew huge ratings. Everyone that didn't like Jordan tuned into the finals hoping to see him lose. Mike Tyson is another example of this.

AllBall
06-15-2011, 01:47 AM
The Suns where on National broadcasts like every damn week it felt like. Give them that spot. Sorry Phoenix.

Cal827
06-15-2011, 02:16 AM
No, they should put the raptors up. they need some exposture to the rest of the nba.

I'm a Raptors fan, and I wouldn't wish that torture on anybody lol.... Maybe in a couple of years.

They should, but it'll probably go to the Heat. Mainly with the storyline... how do they respond to (insert team name) after losing in the NBA finals...The Cavs will get some b/c of Lebron and their 1st and 4th picks this year too.

MiamiWadeCounty
06-15-2011, 09:41 AM
this. you know Stern only gives a **** about ratings.

:facepalm: If ratings are at the highest when he puts certain teams on TV, then America wants to watch those teams the most. Therefore, he chooses the game that will please the owners and the greatest number of fans. If they showed a Raptors-Bucks game barely anybody would watch. This would decrease revenue and ultimately make more fans unhappy compared to a Bulls-OKC game.

JordansBulls
06-15-2011, 04:04 PM
The Suns where on National broadcasts like every damn week it felt like. Give them that spot. Sorry Phoenix.

I hardly ever saw them once they got Vince Carter.

Gibby23
06-15-2011, 04:12 PM
It could have been HEAT vs Wolves for the finals and people would have tuned in in record numbers... a lot of folks were badly wanted to see the HEAT lose.

The heat delivered.

chicago lulz
06-15-2011, 05:13 PM
They should, but I don't know if they will

drobe86
06-15-2011, 06:31 PM
We should but we won't... The nba is all about boston, LA, miami, and chicago.

Dallas and Ny were make up the 2nd tier of teams. Dallas plays its primetime games on ESPN though. I'm ok with that. Hubie Brown is phenomenal