PDA

View Full Version : Miami heat interested In dalembert

Pages : [1] 2 3

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 07:22 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-06-14/heat-interested-in-dalembert-to-strengthen-center-position

The Miami Heat are targeting Kings free agent center Samuel Dalembert, as they look to add a veteran post presence this offseason, the Miami Herald reports.

Signing Dalembert, however, will be a challenge for Miami, the Herald notes. Even if the mid-level exception remains under the new collective bargaining agreement, the Heat would likely not be able to offer him as lucrative a deal as other teams could.

Miami just loves canadian centers? They already have Magloire and Joel anthony. :laugh2:

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:23 PM
if the heat get dalembert, game over

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 07:25 PM

Like this season? Oh wait...

Either way, I don't see it happening. Big men like Dalembert always seem to get overpaid, and he just doesn't strike me as a veteran ring chaser just yet. I expect some other team in need for a big to overpay him.

DerekRE_3
NBA is apparently spelled H-E-A-T

FriedTofuz

before 2010 free agency, people would say, if "blank team with cap space" gets lebron wade and bosh game over. yet, it wasnt game over because the heat didnt win a title. Dalembert would be a great addition to the team and can certainly help the post defense and rebounding for miami. But there is no Game over.

12evolution 9
06-14-2011, 07:27 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2011-06-14/heat-interested-in-dalembert-to-strengthen-center-position

Miami just loves canadian centers? They already have Magloire and Joel anthony. :laugh2:

im pretty sure he is Haitian

kozelkid
I think Denver would make great sense for Dalembert btw. Then Nene could actually slide to his natural position and hopefully be utilized more offensively.

FriedTofuz
NBA is apparently spelled H-E-A-T

sorry, I was afraid id cause trouble if i posted in the heat forum. Being a laker fan, i dont think im welcome in there.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 07:28 PM

not sure but i heard he played for the canadian national team.

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 07:28 PM

He's both.He lived in Canada later and became a citizen there.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:31 PM
he lives in boca and has said he would like to play for miami, cant imagine how much better the heat would be with a center that actually needs to be guarded.

Evolution23
06-14-2011, 07:31 PM
I saw an article claiming he's going to the knicks because of their large Hatian population

kjoke
06-14-2011, 07:32 PM
After the regular season, dalembart was spotted alot of time in American Airlines when the Heat played. I dont think theres any doubt he wants to play here, considering the Haitian connection. And, I do think, if there is a MLE, he would take it, if the Heat do in fact offer him it.

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 07:33 PM
he lives in boca and has said he would like to play for miami, cant imagine how much better the heat would be with a center that actually needs to be guarded.

Since when does Dalembert have any semblance of an offensive game that Joel Anthony doesn't posses? All he's capable of is open dunks and maybe some lobs.

Although, he'd certainly make the defense and rebounding ridiculous.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 07:33 PM
I saw an article claiming he's going to the knicks because of their large Hatian population

Is it possible for you to provide a link to that article? If so, i guess sammy d is considering multiple teams, as he should.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:34 PM

knicks have no money, and he would choose miami for the mle over anywhere else for the mle. Only way is if minny gives him 10 mil a year or something, heat ve to be at the top of his list.

sixer04fan

That's a joke right?

knicks_champ
Heat Forum?

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Since when does Dalembert have any semblance of an offensive game that Joel Anthony doesn't posses? All he's capable of is open dunks and maybe some lobs.

Although, he'd certainly make the defense and rebounding ridiculous.

thats 10 more points a game that joel doesn't give us...dalembert would avg a dbl dbl on this team...a huge upgrade over joel, plus he is 7'0 and can play defense

knicks_champ
knicks have no money, and he would choose miami for the mle over anywhere else for the mle. Only way is if minny gives him 10 mil a year or something, heat ve to be at the top of his list.

:confused:

FriedTofuz

Dalembert is limited offensivly.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:36 PM
That's a joke right?

No, y? they were 2 wins from it all this year with joel anthony starting center...dalembert would be a huge huge upgrade.

SteBO
sorry, I was afraid id cause trouble if i posted in the heat forum. Being a laker fan, i dont think im welcome in there.
You're welcome in the Heat forum :) As long as you're respectful and give honest opinions my friend. This can stay hear, for it is kinda league-wide news considering he's a free agent. This has been discussed heavily in the Heat forum, and I don't think the guy is getting overpaid, though the only team I can see doing so is New York. Other than that, there's a high chance Dalembert comes to Miami.

Punk
Is it possible for you to provide a link to that article? If so, i guess sammy d is considering multiple teams, as he should.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CFoQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Faol.sportingnews.com%2Fnba%2Fstor y%2F2011-05-04%2Fknicks-reportedly-covet-big-man-samuel-dalembert&rct=j&q=Dalmebert%20to%20knicks&ei=XvD3TbDmEsfa0QGyqqiICw&usg=AFQjCNGfAtwka8ekRqKttFM7uuU9OHjCqg&cad=rja

Dalembert to Knicks? Game over.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 07:37 PM
That's a joke right?

I think he's serious. He's the missing piece to the dynasty LOL!

effen5
Dalembert does not have offensive game.

this.

jp611
So the Knicks don't have any money but the Heat do?

12evolution 9
Like this season? Oh wait...

Either way, I don't see it happening. Big men like Dalembert always seem to get overpaid, and he just doesn't strike me as a veteran ring chaser just yet. I expect some other team in need for a big to overpay him.

im pretty sure my team was in the Finals.. Was your team even in the playoffs???

Some of yall acting like this might be the last opportunity for the HEAT to win it all...

The HEAT's first year - came up 2 games short.... major disappointment... but I can truly say...

I love my teams future... can you say that bout your team???

Only xception is OKC... there even more set than the HEAT...

I definitely can see Dalembert taking the Mid Level Exception ... 5.8 mil i believe it is...

it just depends on the CBA...

His people are here. His home is here. His style of play benefits most here. Defense + Rebound + Fast Breaks... His words himself... This team is most compatible to what his desires...

only thing is $$$$$ .... will he not take the Mid Level Exception...

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:38 PM
:confused:

In have already heard dalembert say he thinks miami is a great fit for him, never heard him say anything about ny

kjoke
06-14-2011, 07:38 PM
For the NYK, i dont see him and amare as effective/

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:39 PM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=10&ved=0CFoQFjAJ&url=http%3A%2F%2Faol.sportingnews.com%2Fnba%2Fstor y%2F2011-05-04%2Fknicks-reportedly-covet-big-man-samuel-dalembert&rct=j&q=Dalmebert%20to%20knicks&ei=XvD3TbDmEsfa0QGyqqiICw&usg=AFQjCNGfAtwka8ekRqKttFM7uuU9OHjCqg&cad=rja

Dalembert to Knicks? Game over.

If you think dalembert will solve the knicks problems....no

knicks are not getting past the heat by just adding dalembert.

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 07:40 PM

No YOU would chose MLE from Miami over anyone else. Winning is not a priority for EVERY player. Maybe spotlight at NY is more important to him. Maybe he doesn't like Lebron. Or maybe he thinks another team can use him more.

And again, there is more than just Minn that can offer Dalembert more than MLE.

thats 10 more points a game that joel doesn't give us...dalembert would avg a dbl dbl on this team...a huge upgrade over joel, plus he is 7'0 and can play defense

Again, I agree, he is an upgrade over Joel, defensively and in rebounding. However it's fairly minimal in regards to offense.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:40 PM
No YOU would chose MLE from Miami over anyone else. Winning is not a priority for EVERY player. Maybe spotlight at NY is more important to him. Maybe he doesn't like Lebron. Or maybe he thinks another team can use him more.

And again, there is more than just Minn that can offer Dalembert more than MLE.

Again, I agree, he is an upgrade over Joel, defensively and in rebounding. However it's fairly minimal in regards to offense.

Couldn't be more wrong.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 07:41 PM
In have already heard dalembert say he thinks miami is a great fit for him, never heard him say anything about ny

And LeBron said many great things about the Knicks but did he come?

YOu should read the article what "Punk" posted.

Catfish1314
06-14-2011, 07:41 PM

Dalembert really doesn't offer you much more than Joel Anthony besides rebounding. He's a rich man's version of Anthony, but Chandler would have thoroughly outplayed Sammy D just as he did Anthony.

Dalembert would help, but he's slow and raw. Long, athletic frontcourts would still be a problem for Miami.

Punk
06-14-2011, 07:42 PM

Remember, LeBron left like 20 million on the table. ;)

kjoke
06-14-2011, 07:42 PM
If joel could make put backs, dunks, and lobs i would be ecstatic :(

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Dalembert really doesn't offer you much more than Joel Anthony besides rebounding. He's a rich man's version of Anthony, but Chandler would have thoroughly outplayed Sammy D just as he did Anthony.

Dalembert would help, but he's slow and raw. Long, athletic frontcourts would still be a problem for Miami.

Chicago wasnt a problem...

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 07:44 PM
im pretty sure my team was in the Finals.. Was your team even in the playoffs???

You must of had a lot to do with it, huh? Must be really proud of yourself.

Some of yall acting like this might be the last opportunity for the HEAT to win it all...

The HEAT's first year - came up 2 games short.... major disappointment... but I can truly say...

I love my teams future... can you say that bout your team???

Only xception is OKC... there even more set than the HEAT...

No, we just expected Heat fans to maybe "humble" up a bit and stop making guarantees they can't hold.

Punk

Lol Pot meet kettle.

knicks_champ

Yet you think him going to the Heat does? LMAO!

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:45 PM

Can sammy D catch the ball? well ok then, thats already so much more than joel can offer. Will a the opposing defense actually have to acknowledge our center? yes, thats a huge improvement right there...

FriedTofuz
You're welcome in the Heat forum :) As long as you're respectful and give honest opinions my friend. This can stay hear, for it is kinda league-wide news considering he's a free agent. This has been discussed heavily in the Heat forum, and I don't think the guy is getting overpaid, though the only team I can see doing so is New York. Other than that, there's a high chance Dalembert comes to Miami.

Thanks, that wont be a problem for me :cheers:

kjoke
I will compare it to the Bulls: Joel is like Bogans. a good back-up, but not a starter. Anything better (Dalembart) would make us alot better

sixer04fan
I think some people are seriously delusional on what Dalembert can bring to the table...

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Lol Pot meet kettle.

:confused: We are the eastern conference champs...we are who you have to go through...

Catfish1314

Chicago's frontcourt kept it a series.

jp611

Yes, the frontcourt was a problem, but it was masked by the Heat's incredible defense played on Rose

sixer04fan
Can sammy D catch the ball? well ok then, thats already so much more than joel can offer. Will a the opposing defense actually have to acknowledge our center? yes, thats a huge improvement right there...

No...

And, No...

:facepalm:

Evolution23

what you talking about? Knicks just signed Billups for 1 year, they can extend his pay for many years. For example, offer him a lesser amount this year and have a raise every year for years to come. This all depends on the CBA of course. Also the Heat have cap space issues themselves so how in the world will they sign Dalembert, unless he's just chasing rings, which I seriously doubt because he can get paid heavily any where else with the lack of true centers in the NBA.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Yet you think him going to the Heat does? LMAO!

lmfao...we were 2 wins from a ship with joel anthony our starting center...guy avg less than 2pts a game...come on now sammy d would be a dbl dbl machine on this team.

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Couldn't be more wrong.

Right. Good answer. Watch some tape on Dalembert or maybe even ask some Sixer fans or Kings fans for some input. The guy doesn't have offense. All his scoring comes from either lobs, open shots due to poor communication on the defense, or else put backs. So maybe he scores an extra 4 more points because of offensive rebounds.

Again, in rebounding he is a HUGE upgrade. On offense, he is a minimal upgrade and on defense he isn't that much better than Anthony if at all. In fact, there are some incredibly frustrating aspects of his game, like when he takes jumpers. Anthony, at least, knows his role.

Since when is Boozer athletic?

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Chicago's frontcourt kept it a series.

no, Chicago's defense kept it a series, Chicago's front cout was exposed in that series.

TheRunKiller
Dalembert really isn't that much of an upgrade over Joel Anthony lol why are you overrating him because the heat are interested in him?

sixer04fan
Please listen to the Sixers and Kings fans here... Trust me. Careful what you wish for Heat fans...

SteBO
No...

And, No...

He's way better than Joel Anthony though, and he's 7 feet tall. That's already an upgrade, but that alone won't solve all the problems. We still need a steady starting PG that won't suck like Mike Bibby did, and make Chalmers come off the bench (which is another issue, though Miller and Haslem weren't healthy at all this year).

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 07:50 PM
Right. Good answer. Watch some tape on Dalembert or maybe even ask some Sixer fans or Kings fans for some input. The guy doesn't have offense. All his scoring comes from either lobs, open shots due to poor communication on the defense, or else put backs. So maybe he scores an extra 4 more points because of offensive rebounds.

Again, in rebounding he is a HUGE upgrade. On offense, he is a minimal upgrade and on defense he isn't that much better than Anthony if at all. In fact, there are some incredibly frustrating aspects of his game, like when he takes jumpers. Anthony, at least, knows his role.

Noah, deng, asik, are all athletic. Rose is also athletic.

justinnum1
what you talking about? Knicks just signed Billups for 1 year, they can extend his pay for many years. For example, offer him a lesser amount this year and have a raise every year for years to come. This all depends on the CBA of course. Also the Heat have cap space issues themselves so how in the world will they sign Dalembert, unless he's just chasing rings, which I seriously doubt because he can get paid heavily any where else with the lack of true centers in the NBA.

read up on the cba bro...you guys are over the cap, you are paying billups 14mil this season...:speechless: hoping he gets you howard or williams...good luck

justinnum1

didnt gibson finish the games?

SteBO
06-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Dalembert really isn't that much of an upgrade over Joel Anthony lol why are you overrating him because the heat are interested in him?
The kicker here is his size, and he's a much better rebounder. He's also a guy that can at least finish at the basket, at least better than Joel can.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 07:51 PM
lmfao...we were 2 wins from a ship with joel anthony our starting center...guy avg less than 2pts a game...come on now sammy d would be a dbl dbl machine on this team.

This year....... teams change year in and year out.

How is the bench gonna play? and the PG spot? Yes 2 games out but remember there are many teams out there that will improve.

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 07:52 PM
I will compare it to the Bulls: Joel is like Bogans. a good back-up, but not a starter. Anything better (Dalembart) would make us alot better

Sort of, except with Bogans or Anthony, they won't shoot you out of games. They only take open shots. Hence a reason why I'd much rather have a guy like Bogans than say Flip Murray. Yes, Flip Murray can score a lot quickly, but he also can shoot you out of games. Same with Anthony and Dalembert in terms of offense. Dalembert takes ALOT of stupid shots. With all that said, he still is a worthy upgrade in terms of his rebounding. On offense though, he is minimal at best.

Punk
:confused: We are the eastern conference champs...we are who you have to go through...

You couldn't go through us the last meeting against the Knicks. You really believe he is gonna help you win a title? C'mon on son. You can't say "We were 2 wins from a chip" and expect to be there again next year. It don't work that way.

We are looking to add him to help us as a rotational big. We plan to add atleast 2 more centers and have atleast 3 defensive rebounding guys who can clog the paint.

The Heat needs to hire someone to figure out what's the deal with LeBron. Not Dalembert. Samuel is not gonna get touches in the Heat offense.

ChI_ShIzzLe
lol@Dalembert being an offensive threat. Heat fans stop with your delusional posts and realize you won't be able to add any real difference makers to your roster with the big 3 signed for the next 5 years. Its just gonna be an interchangeable roster full of scrubs outside of Wade, James and Bosh.

Evolution23
06-14-2011, 07:53 PM

Were you watching the finals this year? The Heat's problem had more to do with their offense than their defense. Lebron and Wade still haven't figured out how to close games. They still lack consistent shooting and Dallas shut the Heat out with the Zone D. A few more rebounds and blocked shots won't solve their problems on the offensive end.

justinnum1

overrating him? lmfao, our starting center is joel anthony lol...please dude. sammy d is a huge upgrade over joel whether you want to admit or not its the truth. Sammy d would avg a dbl dbl on this team, joel didnt have a dbl dbl all season. Other teams are talking about paying him more than mle so how exactly am i overrating him? He is a legit starting center in this league, and makes the heat better than they currently are. They were 2 wins from the whole thing with joel anything starting, they dont need much.

knicks_champ
Please listen to the Sixers and Kings fans here... Trust me. Careful what you wish for Heat fans...

This.

Catfish1314

Dalembert is a complete mess offensively and unfortunately, he's not aware of that. He's bigger and longer than Joel. He could help you there.

I give him credit for what he's good at; that's blocking shots and hitting the glass. But he is easily one of the least skilled big men in the NBA.

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 07:54 PM
didnt gibson finish the games?

Depended on the games.

We are talking about front courts. Boozer isn't and he obviously was supposed to be our key guys who didn't deliver.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 07:54 PM
You couldn't go through us the last meeting against the Knicks. You really believe he is gonna help you win a title? C'mon on son. You can't say "We were 2 wins from a chip" and expect to be there again next year. It don't work that way.

We are looking to add him to help us as a rotational big. We plan to add atleast 2 more centers and have atleast 3 defensive rebounding guys who can clog the paint.

The Heat needs to hire someone to figure out what's the deal with LeBron. Not Dalembert. Samuel is not gonna get touches in the Heat offense.

so your saying your team would have beat the heat this year in the playoffs? based on regular season im sure:rolleyes:

ChI_ShIzzLe
06-14-2011, 07:55 PM

In what category of athleticism are you putting Asik in? Because I might consider myself to be athletic in that case as well :laugh2:

TheRunKiller
overrating him? lmfao, our starting center is joel anthony lol...please dude. sammy d is a huge upgrade over joel whether you want to admit or not its the truth. Sammy d would avg a dbl dbl on this team, joel didnt have a dbl dbl all season. Other teams are talking about paying him more than mle so how exactly am i overrating him? He is a legit starting center in this league, and makes the heat better than they currently are. They were 2 wins from the whole thing with joel anything starting, they dont need much.

well its definitely not game over for nba teams if heat sign him like you said earlier that's what i'm saying.

Evolution23
read up on the cba bro...you guys are over the cap, you are paying billups 14mil this season...:speechless: hoping he gets you howard or williams...good luck

Billups is a one year rental bud. That means there will be plenty of money left over for free agents next summer.

jp611
06-14-2011, 07:56 PM
I hope they get him and can't wait to hear them complain about how Dalembert sucks offensively

gotoHcarolina52
06-14-2011, 07:58 PM
lol@Dalembert being an offensive threat. Heat fans stop with your delusional posts and realize you won't be able to add any real difference makers to your roster with the big 3 signed for the next 5 years. Its just gonna be an interchangeable roster full of scrubs outside of Wade, James and Bosh.

And an interchangeable roster full of scrubs might be all that it takes. Hell, it was more than enough to dispose of the Bulls and the alleged MVP in five games.

Indeed, the HEAT don't need a fourth all-star. They need (1) an above-average center, (2) a point guard who can tell the difference between his *** and a hole in the ground, and (3) a coach who can work himself out of a paper bag.

Dalembert fits need #1.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Depended on the games.

We are talking about front courts. Boozer isn't and he obviously was supposed to be our key guys who didn't deliver.

everyone i named excluding rose was part of the front court..

Swashcuff
Heat fans take it from a 76ers fan, Sammy isn't the guy for you guys. You'd be really disappointed. If there's no one else to be had fine but IMO he should be the final option for you guys.

The guy literally cancels out all the good things he does on the floor, well at least he did in his 9 years with the Sixers. Maybe LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Spo and Pat can get him to take advantage of his abilities and have him do what he's good at and not run down the floor and attempt back to back to back 21 foot jump shots.

Cano4prez
I hope they get him and can't wait to hear them complain about how Dalembert sucks offensively

After seeing Joel Anthony on offense for the past 3 years I can confidently say nobody is worse than Joel on offense which is why I doubt anybody will complain if he came to the Heat

Evolution23
06-14-2011, 08:00 PM
And an interchangeable roster full of scrubs might be all that it takes. Hell, it was more than enough to dispose of the Bulls and the alleged MVP in five games.

Indeed, the HEAT don't need a fourth all-star. They need (1) an above-average center, (2) a point guard who can tell the difference between his *** and a hole in the ground, and (3) a coach who can work himself out of a paper bag.

Dalembert fits need #1.

Heat need a coach more than anything else. Dalembert won't solve their issues on offense.

TheRunKiller
Heat have james wade & bosh but please don't get dalembert :ohno: lol

FriedTofuz
In what category of athleticism are you putting Asik in? Because I might consider myself to be athletic in that case as well :laugh2:

dunking

KingPosey
06-14-2011, 08:01 PM

lol and Miami doesnt have any Haitians? :eyebrow:

sixer04fan
06-14-2011, 08:02 PM
Heat fans take it from a 76ers fan, Sammy isn't the guy for you guys. You'd be really disappointed. If there's no one else to be had fine but IMO he should be the final option for you guys.

The guy literally cancels out all the good things he does on the floor, well at least he did in his 9 years with the Sixers. Maybe LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Spo and Pat can get him to take advantage of his abilities and have him do what he's good at and not run down the floor and attempt back to back to back 21 foot jump shots.

Amen

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 08:02 PM

He said Large Haitan population. he didnt say miami didnt have haitians. He said new york had a larger population of haitians.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 08:03 PM
heat should try to go after any defensive big man.

knicks_champ

Dalembert may have mutual interest in playing for the Knicks. He played his senior year in high school at St. Patrick's in Elizabeth, N.J. and played college ball at Seton Hall. Dalembert has also been an activist for his native Haiti, and he relishes the opportunity to be leader among New York's large Haitian population

That can be a reason

dtmagnet
The low number of serviceable C's make me think that he will get paid more than the MLE, and he isn't the kind of guy who has the ability to take a paycut.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 08:04 PM
I don't want the Knicks to get him. He is not a good fit for us.

gotoHcarolina52
06-14-2011, 08:05 PM

South Florida has the largest Haitian-American population in the entire US (at least when measured by density). http://www.epodunk.com/ancestry/Haitian.html

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Let's just say that the Heat are praying that the MLE is still in the new CBA. If not then they must draft and sign old vets to build a team.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 08:06 PM
South Florida has the largest Haitian-American population in the entire US (at least when measured by density). http://www.epodunk.com/ancestry/Haitian.html

well then, if dalembert just wants to go to the city with the most haitains then going to florida would certainly suit what he wants.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 08:07 PM

You obviously have not had joel anthony on your team. Dalembert is a top 20 center and thats all the heat need.

llemon
06-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Heat want a big tough rebounding shotblocking Center that they can get for the MLE?

Hard to believe.

One of the reasons I believe the MLE should be done away with.

But Stern and the NBA never listen to me. If they did, Stern would have committed hara-kiri years ago.

gotoHcarolina52
I know it's a huge paycut and they'd have to hope he opts out of his contract with Denver, but the HEAT should make a run for Nene.

Cano4prez
The low number of serviceable C's make me think that he will get paid more than the MLE, and he isn't the kind of guy who has the ability to take a paycut.

This is what worries me as well

justinnum1
Let's just say that the Heat are praying that the MLE is still in the new CBA. If not then they must draft and sign old vets to build a team.

if there is no mle in the new cba, the knicks are stuck this year

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 08:09 PM

doesnt that mean the same for miami?

Swashcuff
06-14-2011, 08:09 PM
I might get blasted for this but I honestly think Kwame Brown may be the better fit for Miami than Sammy D. His D this past season was + for the Bobcats. He is more of a glue guy inside than Dalembert. Chuck Hayes can also be looked at.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 08:11 PM

This year... That's the main 2 words.

FriedTofuz
I might get blasted for this but I honestly think Kwame Brown may be the better fit for Miami than Sammy D. His D this past season was + for the Bobcats. He is more of a glue guy inside than Dalembert. Chuck Hayes can also be looked at.

if they just want d, joel is good enough. hes played excellent defense. THey want someone some respectable offensive game, or at least someone who has more offensive game than joel. sammy d, would certainly fit that bill, he'd provide defense, rebounding and better offensive game than joel.

Swashcuff
You obviously have not had joel anthony on your team. Dalembert is a top 20 center and thats all the heat need.

Bro, I am no Heat fan but I can tell you if you guys get the same Sammy that we had you'd wonder why in the hell did you guys go out and get Joel Anthony 2.0 with the ability to catch the basketball.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 08:12 PM
doesnt that mean the same for miami?

yea, but we have shown we can get to the finals with a bunch of scrubs around our big 3(and miller and haslem were not healthy this summer)

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 08:12 PM

New York City has the largest concentration of Haitians in the country as well as the oldest and most diverse established Haitian communities. Estimates of the New York population and its surrounding counties (Nassau, Rockland, and others) range from 200,000 to close to 500,000. This variation depends on whether one only takes into account figures given by the Census Bureau and the Immigration and Naturalization Services (INS),

http://www.emeraldinsight.com/books.htm?chapterid=1775236

Punk
06-14-2011, 08:13 PM

I'm done talking to you.

You do realize if there is a new harder CBA that means the Heat will have to probably trade one of the big 3 right?

We are in a MUCH better position than Miami under a new CBA. All it means is we can't sign a Chris Paul. It does not mean we can't go out and sign guys on cheap deals, sign bigs and talent from overseas or guys from the D-League which we are looking to do.

There is more ways to get talent than just by signing a bunch of old as hell centers. Maybe Miami should learn that next year instead of signing Juwan Howard and Dampier.

M.Bibby2.0
06-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Is it just me or are the heat already a very good defensive team? They should add a post scorer, because the one they had turned into a skinny jump shooter. Adding Dal will make the heat defense even better but adds nothing at all to their offense. nothing. Take it from a kings fan, you'll kick yourselves when he pulls down a clutch offensive board in the final seconds then dribbles out and takes a fade away jumper. There was a couple times where he actually convinced me he thought he was the Haitian Dirk Nowitski.

NY would improve more adding dal, since they need a to improve defensively and already have a legit post threat.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm done talking to you.

You do realize if there is a new harder CBA that means the Heat will have to probably trade one of the big 3 right?

We are in a MUCH better position than Miami under a new CBA. All it means is we can't sign a Chris Paul. It does not mean we can't go out and sign guys on cheap deals, sign bigs and talent from overseas or guys from the D-League which we are looking to do.

There is more ways to get talent than just by signing a bunch of old as hell centers. Maybe Miami should learn that next year instead of signing Juwan Howard and Dampier.

lol...you wish the big 3 get broken up

dtmagnet
06-14-2011, 08:15 PM
I know it's a huge paycut and they'd have to hope he opts out of his contract with Denver, but the HEAT should make a run for Nene.

Nene will get a 50 million dollar contract minimum.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 08:16 PM
Nene will get a 50 million dollar contract minimum.

probably closer to 75

knicks_champ
yea, but we have shown we can get to the finals with a bunch of scrubs around our big 3(and miller and haslem were not healthy this summer)

This year they got you there. They ain't getting any younger.

Cano4prez
Is it just me or are the heat already a very good defensive team? They should add a post scorer, because the one they had turned into a skinny jump shooter. Adding Dal will make the heat defense even better but adds nothing at all to their offense. nothing. Take it from a kings fan, you'll kick yourselves when he pulls down a clutch offensive board in the final seconds then dribbles out and takes a fade away jumper. There was a couple times where he actually convinced me he thought he was the Haitian Dirk Nowitski.

NY would improve more adding dal, since they need a to improve defensively and already have a legit post threat.

There are none that we'll be able to afford

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 08:17 PM
This year they got you there. They ain't getting any younger.

lets not be delusional here, the other than wade who might start to decline in 3 years, lebron and bosh are 26...amare is almost 30, so.....

dtmagnet
06-14-2011, 08:18 PM
probably closer to 75

I just pulled that number out of my head thinking there is no way he gets less than 5 years at 10 mil per.

LA_Raiders
06-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Championship!!!

Swashcuff
06-14-2011, 08:21 PM
if they just want d, joel is good enough. hes played excellent defense. THey want someone some respectable offensive game, or at least someone who has more offensive game than joel. sammy d, would certainly fit that bill, he'd provide defense, rebounding and better offensive game than joel.

Respectable offensive game? Are we still talking about Samuel Dalembert. You mean atheistic on offense right? Sammy shot 47% from the field last season and that wasn't because other team's were swarming him in the paint.

Dalembert shot more 10-23 foot jump shots than any other C in the NBA last season who averaged under 10 points per game. At a lower % than most at that. So if you call that a respectable offensive game I really don't know what to say. Dalembert's D also isn't what you may be thinking. He is a bad individual, help and PnR defender. Weak side shot blocking is his best attribute on the defense. Kwame holds more value than Sammy on the defensive end while giving you similar offensive production.

The one thing you can count on Dalembert on for however is to be on the floor night in night out. He played his last 4 seasons as a Sixer without missing a single game and missed 2 last season neither of which due to injury if memory serves me correctly. Something which is EXTREMELY rare in today's NBA for a C not named Dwight Howard.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 08:22 PM
Respectable offensive game? Are we still talking about Samuel Dalembert. You mean atheistic on offense right? Sammy shot 47% from the field last season and that wasn't because other team's were swarming him in the paint.

Dalembert shot more 10-23 foot jump shots than any other C in the NBA last season who averaged under 10 points per game. At a lower % than most at that. So if you call that a respectable offensive game I really don't know what to say. Dalembert's D also isn't what you may be thinking. He is a bad individual, help and PnR defender. Weak side shot blocking is his best attribute on the defense. Kwame holds more value than Sammy on the defensive end while giving you similar offensive production.

The one thing you can count on Dalembert on for however is to be on the floor night in night out. He played his last 4 seasons as a Sixer without missing a single game and missed 2 last season neither of which due to injury if memory serves me correctly. Something which is EXTREMELY rare in today's NBA for a C not named Dwight Howard.
He sitll does more on the offensive end than joel.

llemon
06-14-2011, 08:23 PM

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Again, eliminate the MLE, or NBA owners are just slave owners trying to bullchit NBA fans.

gotoHcarolina52
06-14-2011, 08:25 PM
http://www.emeraldinsight.com/books.htm?chapterid=1775236

The same article you cite goes on to note:

The US Census Bureau (2000), places the legal Haitian population in the state of Florida at about 270,000; but when one considers the clandestine population that number obviously increases. Let us not forget that Florida is the destination of the most desperate Haitians, those who risk their lives navigating the Florida straits in rickety boats to reach “the promised land” that the United States symbolizes for them. In fact, as recently as March 28, 2007, a boatload of about 100 Haitians reached Hallandale Beach, Florida. These Haitians have been put in detention centers, pending reviews of their cases.

We have Haitians coming out of our ears down here. They're everywhere. They arrive by the boatload! And when their sun-worn feet press upon our golden beaches upon arrival, Dalembert will be there to welcome them (next to LeBatard in his speedo).

On a more serious note, South Florida lays claim to three communities with the largest Haitian-American representation--Golden Glades (33.5%), North Miami (33%), and El Portal (23%). Not to mention that Miami is a short plane ride from Haiti. Florida also lays claims to 20 of the top 22 cities when measured by percentage of residents of Haitian birth. http://www.city-data.com/top2/h136.html

I think Dalembert would find this arrangement quite attractive.

That said, I still can't believe we're debating which team Dalembert would rather play for. It's not as if this guy is the second coming of Joel Anthony or anything.

justinnum1

which is all that matters. he would avg a dbl dbl on the heat and that would be more than enough to justify getting him. People just dont understand how offensively inept joel anthony is. With the heats defensive system dalembert would be a beast.

Badluck33
There isn't a team more futc in the NBA right now than the Miami Heat.

No one will want to trade w/ them and when the hard cap comes, it is gonna....

8===> (_|_)

game over.

Sadds The Gr8
06-14-2011, 08:26 PM

:laugh2:

ALL FEAR THE MIGHTY SAMUEL DALEMBERT

jp611
06-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Dalembert couldnt even average a double-double with the Kings for Christ sake, how is he going to do it for the Heat lol

And 47% FG% is awful for a big man

Punk
06-14-2011, 08:28 PM
lol...you wish the big 3 get broken up

Umm No. It's a reality. I guess ESPN, TNT and NBA TV analysts talking about it must mean they want them to break up too right? :rolleyes:

Swashcuff
06-14-2011, 08:30 PM
which is all that matters. he would avg a dbl dbl on the heat and that would be more than enough to justify getting him. People just dont understand how offensively inept joel anthony is. With the heats defensive system dalembert would be a beast.

People just don't understand how intellectually inept Samuel Dalembert is. Unless Sammy changes his attitude in the locker and on the floor you guys will regret signing him (if it does indeed happen).

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 08:31 PM
People just don't understand how intellectually inept Samuel Dalembert is. Unless Sammy changes his attitude in the locker and on the floor you guys will regret signing him (if it does indeed happen).

cool, we will take our chances with him, a true 7'0 shot blocker who can catch and finish.

gotoHcarolina52
06-14-2011, 08:32 PM
If the Big 3 get broken up, so will the Big CACA (Carmelo, Amar'e, Chauncey, and Anthony Carter).

Badluck33
06-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Umm No. It's a reality. I guess ESPN, TNT and NBA TV analysts talking about it must mean they want them to break up too right? :rolleyes:

wade, bosh and lebron aren't going anywhere. only person that would trade w/ the heat is david stern and last i checked, he doesnt own a team.

jp611
06-14-2011, 08:37 PM
cool, we will take our chances with him, a true 7'0 shot blocker who can catch and finish.

Can you explain to me how Dalembert will magically start averaging a double-double when he couldnt even do it with a bad Kings team?

Punk
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
If the Big 3 get broken up, so will the Big CACA (Carmelo, Amar'e, Chauncey, and Anthony Carter).

Um No. Carmelo and Amare do not have to go anywhere. Billups is an expiring and Anthony Carter has more aggressiveness than LeBron James.

You'd be bragging your *** off if he played the way he did for us with Miami.

Don't go around making yourself look like fools. You have already embarrassed yourself with the amount of ignorant comments made about other teams and what your great HEAT would accomplish.

Do not take shots at me or my team for saying what articles that I've read and teams around the league keeping an eye on the Big 3. Fact is Teams are the league are expecting something of that nature to happen with the new CBA.

The Knicks have TWO stars not THREE and an overpaid Mike Miller.

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 08:38 PM

Yes, both good and bad. That's what we are trying to tell you guys. He doesn't understand his role and has a very low BBall IQ.

Badluck33
06-14-2011, 08:40 PM

CACA lolololol

gotoHcarolina52
06-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Um No. Carmelo and Amare do not have to go anywhere. Billups is an expiring and Anthony Carter has more aggressiveness than LeBron James.

You'd be bragging your *** off if he played the way he did for us with Miami.

Don't go around making yourself look like fools. You have already embarrassed yourself with the amount of ignorant comments made about other teams and what your great HEAT would accomplish.

Do not take shots at me or my team for saying what articles that I've read and teams around the league keeping an eye on the Big 3. Fact is Teams are the league are expecting something of that nature to happen with the new CBA.

The Knicks have TWO stars not THREE and an overpaid Mike Miller.

So the Knicks will be able to keep their Big CACA? Well, then, good for them.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 08:44 PM
thats a new nick name? the big caca? :laugh2:

daleja424
06-14-2011, 08:46 PM
This would be good for Miami... certainly a big upgrade over Big Z and Jamal Magloire... and allows Joel to slide back to the energy guy off the bench role he is best suited for.

LTBaByyy
06-14-2011, 08:47 PM
More like the Heat get Tyson Chandler and its Game over.

but Dalembert???? Come on now lol He would be just a taller Anthony

12evolution 9
06-14-2011, 08:50 PM
You must of had a lot to do with it, huh? Must be really proud of yourself.

No, we just expected Heat fans to maybe "humble" up a bit and stop making guarantees they can't hold.

Right so you want HEAT fans to be humble... But other Team Fans can be classes *******s who are throwing loads of crap in the HEATS fan face???

Where is the Thread expressing how great of a series this was to watch... NONE... Its all about BASHING the HEAT some way or another

What guarantees was i making btw??? please explain ... im just saying my Teams future is looking good...

wow your an idiot... where did i say i made the HEAT get to the finals..

Im happy my team was the Team from the EAST that made it to the finals... and im pissed off that it was my team that lost it..

jp611
06-14-2011, 08:52 PM
Still no answer on how Dalembert goes to a better team and magically averages a double-double, I'd like to hear some expert analysis on this one

daleja424
06-14-2011, 08:54 PM
Still no answer on how Dalembert goes to a better team and magically averages a double-double, I'd like to hear some expert analysis on this one

well the rebounds speak for themself... Bosh isn't grabbing them... the 10 rebounds wont be that hard for him.

Offensively... he will be playing with two word class playmakers... as opposed to the ZERO he was playing with in Sacramento.

If teams defend the HEAT similarly to the way they do now... Dalembert would get a lot of open layups and dunks as a HEAT player...

I don't know about a double, double.... but 8 pts, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks is not unreasonable... and would be a huge upgrade for the HEAT

daleja424
06-14-2011, 08:55 PM
The rebounding and shot blocking alone is a huge upgrade... and the fact that the guy has enough in his legs to go up and dunk a ball is just a nice bonus...

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Right so you want HEAT fans to be humble... But other Team Fans can be classes *******s who are throwing loads of crap in the HEATS fan face???

Grow up? Be the better man? By the way, you do realize it started with the cockiness and disrespect from Heat fans to other opponents.

Where is the Thread expressing how great of a series this was to watch... NONE... Its all about BASHING the HEAT some way or another

Good question. Same place it would be if it was the opposite result.

What guarantees was i making btw??? please explain ... im just saying my Teams future is looking good...

wow your an idiot... where did i say i made the HEAT get to the finals..

Name calling? Ouch. By the way, if you are going to insult someone, at least do the decency to not confuse "you are" with "your".

You didn't make that guarantee, but the 2nd post did. Hence my response.

Im happy my team was the Team from the EAST that made it to the finals... and im pissed off that it was my team that lost it..

Cool, but your tone suggests you think you are somehow better than other fans cause your team did better than others. Kinda childish.

12evolution 9
06-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Dalembert couldnt even average a double-double with the Kings for Christ sake, how is he going to do it for the Heat lol

And 47% FG% is awful for a big man

Tyson Chandler couldnt get avg a dble dble with the Bobcats ... looked what happened...

i actually wanted Tyson Chandler when he was in New Orleans ... just didnt happened..

If you know basketball... You can Clearly see How Dalembert will grab offensive rebounds...

Set Picks and Rolls efficiently to the Rim for a pass so he can finish at the basket or grab the rebound if the driver misses at the rim....

he has good enough hands to grab the pass and finish...

he can shoot a short jumper... He can nail a hook shot...

We dont need him to be Kareem, We just need a taller Joel Anthony, but one with better hands and a offensive game around the Rim... Dunking-Pump Faking- Put Backs- Alley Oops....

yall gotta remember that Wade and James will produce most of the Offense... Therefore Dalembert will be playing off ball which is easier for him rather then producing offense on his own.

Swashcuff
06-14-2011, 08:59 PM
The rebounding and shot blocking alone is a huge upgrade... and the fact that the guy has enough in his legs to go up and dunk a ball is just a nice bonus...

All that is well and good and in fairness to Sammy the production as well as staying on the floor isn't going to be a problem, but his chemistry issues, negative locker room presence, bad decision making and poor BBIQ will be for you guys however.

haggis
06-14-2011, 09:01 PM
I've seen it all now.

10+ pages for Samuel ****ing Dalembert.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:02 PM

Opposing teams play off the heats center, if they are forced to guard our center it really improves everything, more space for levron and wade to penetrate, and dalembert will get a few easy buckets a game. i would love dalembert.

12evolution 9
06-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Grow up? Be the better man? By the way, you do realize it started with the cockiness and disrespect from Heat fans to other opponents.

Name calling? Ouch. By the way, if you are going to insult someone, at least do the decency to not confuse "you are" with "your".

Cool, but your tone suggests you think you are somehow better than other fans cause your team did better than others. Kinda childish.

lol i didnt know the message came with a sound byte too....

in All seriousness ... I meant to say your reply was Idiotic rather then you being an idiot so... I apologize for that...

koreancabbage
06-14-2011, 09:04 PM
if the Heat do get Dalembert, they are probably be looking at home court advantage throughout the playoffs. they just need their star player in Lebron James to play in the finals if they get there again..

but without a doubt, Dalembert would solidify their defense and the Heat would probably come out of the East once again.

Slimsim
06-14-2011, 09:04 PM
lets not be delusional here, the other than wade who might start to decline in 3 years, lebron and bosh are 26...amare is almost 30, so.....

ISN'T wade already 30 and injury prone ?

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:05 PM
I've seen it all now.

10+ pages for Samuel ****ing Dalembert.

Mostly the haters underrating him, making him sounds like joel anthony. Sammy d would be a huge improvement on the heat(who only really need small tweeks)

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 09:05 PM

I mean the bench and role players.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:06 PM
ISN'T wade already 30 and injury prone ?
not anymore than amare or billups.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:07 PM
I mean the bench and role players.

our bench and role players couldn't get any worse and we went through the east pretty easily...

haggis
06-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Mostly the haters underrating him, making him sounds like joel anthony. Sammy d would be a huge improvement on the heat(who only really need small tweeks)

Justin-

I get it man. The heat are awesome.

But I can GUARAN-****ING-TEE you that no one is underrating Samuel Dalembert.

beasted86
06-14-2011, 09:08 PM

Knicks have the same money the Heat do: the MLE. That's it.

The only teams that made the playoffs this season that has cap space this summer except OKC & Indiana, and I doubt either signs him to a deal. All other playoff teams are over the cap. So out of all MLE teams, I like the Heat's chances best. But I think the Kings will offer him a lot more money to stay and he'll take it.

DrDre94
06-14-2011, 09:09 PM
not anymore than amare or billups.

Lolwut?

You really should think about removing that Rose sig considering one of your players had that statistic
:COUGH: LECHOKE :COUGH:

:rolleyes:

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Lolwut?

You really should remove that Rose sig considering one of your players had that statistic
:COUGH: LECHOKE :COUGH:

:rolleyes:

thats ok

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:11 PM
Justin-

I get it man. The heat are awesome.

But I can GUARAN-****ING-TEE you that no one is underrating Samuel Dalembert.

When i read posts saying sammy d is joel anthony 2.0, they are underrating him.

12evolution 9
06-14-2011, 09:12 PM

What did i say that was rude.... Man you like to assume a lot ....

I was clearly stating to your response how HEAT FANS SHOULD BE HUMBLE ...blah blah ...

i havnt seen you said that same crap too opposing fans... sooo please enough with your double standards

and when you read something .... comprehend it before replying...

btw... Heat Fans didnt do anything to there opponents that other team do to there's...

enough with your double standards

jp611
Funny how he did that after Lebron's series huh? It would have been funny had Lebron actually not been god awful in the 4th quarter of this series, but now he just seems like a bitter little man

daleja424
Sacramento center Samuel Dalembert — a possibility for the Heat’s midlevel exception this summer (if there is one in the new labor deal) — told us last week, “It would be nice to play here [in Miami]. I see myself fitting in well with this team. They need someone to block shots, rebound. I can get lobs as an athletic big man. Some of their centers are at the tail end.” Dalembert, 29, then had 18 points and 13 rebounds — above his career averages (8.0 points, 8.2 rebounds, 1.9 blocks).
http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/02/27/2087433_p2/um-hopes-receivers-can-catch.html

HEAT fans have been coveting Dalembert for months now b/c Dalembert has expressed interest in living in South Florida, closer to Haiti, where he can compete for a championship.

jp611
When i read posts saying sammy d is joel anthony 2.0, they are underrating him.

Show us one post where someone said he's Joel Anthony 2.0

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Funny how he did that after Lebron's series huh? It would have been funny had Lebron actually not been god awful in the 4th quarter of this series, but now he just seems like a bitter little man

:)

FriedTofuz
Come on guys, we dont need to attack each teams players. This thread is about dalembert, not about how derrick rose/lebron played.

knicks_champ
our bench and role players couldn't get any worse and we went through the east pretty easily...

This Year....

kntresistheheat
06-14-2011, 09:15 PM
The guy avg 8.9 ppg 8.7 rpg 1.5 bpg in 25 minutes per. That is a huge improvement over Joel.

daleja424

you only want one? here:

Swashcuff

I posted that and as a 76ers fan who knows Dalembert better than most Heat fans I have no reservations saying that. I did however say "with the ability to catch the ball" at the end.

Evolution23
06-14-2011, 09:16 PM

Anthony Carter has more heart than Lebron

daleja424
06-14-2011, 09:17 PM
I posted that and as a 76ers fan who knows Dalembert better than most Heat fans I have no reservations saying that. I did however say "with the ability to catch the ball" at the end.

lol... thanks for stepping up :)

daleja424

and where has that gotten him?

drobe86
The Heat would be much improved with Dalembert... They wouldn't be an NBA title team but they'd have a chance... Bottomline: As long as the Heat have Lebron James they will never win a championship

knicks_champ
I hope they sign him so the Knicks don't. Please!

If we sign him then so be it, I'll still root for him.

Swashcuff

And if LeBron chose NY over Miami he would have more heart than anyone wouldn't he? :rolleyes:

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:18 PM
And if LeBron chose NY over Miami he would have more heart than anyone wouldn't he? :rolleyes:

:burn:

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 09:19 PM

Of course! Mr. Obvious.

Heater4life
06-14-2011, 09:19 PM

Far from it. But a step in the right direction.

Evolution23
06-14-2011, 09:20 PM
and where has that gotten him?

same place it has gotten lebron. Ringless.

Heater4life
The Heat would be much improved with Dalembert... They wouldn't be an NBA title team but they'd have a chance... Bottomline: As long as the Heat have Lebron James they will never win a championship

Ill take my chances. ;)

Evolution23

Um no we cal it like we see it. He's a punk

daleja424
06-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Dalembert is by no means the end-all-be-all for the HEAT... but it would be a really nice addition that really fills a huge hole. Miami still needs a tough perimeter defender (like a Shane battier type) and a solid veteran PG to really have a better TEAM

Knicks21
06-14-2011, 09:22 PM
We had this conversation in the Knick forum a while ago about targeting Dalembert in the offseason. I recall him stating that he would not take a pay cut to play with any team.

daleja424
same place it has gotten lebron. Ringless.

and what about Amare and Carmelo... full of heart right? So much heart they won a playoff game... oh wait...

Heater4life
One things certain, as long as the big three are together we will be talking Heat for the next 5 years. Hate or praise.

Beats being irrelevant.

justinnum1

becuase he picked miami over NY?:rolleyes: that makes a lot sense:laugh2:

daleja424
06-14-2011, 09:23 PM
We had this conversation in the Knick forum a while ago about targeting Dalembert in the offseason. I recall him stating that he would not take a pay cut to play with any team.

I'd like to see that quote if you have it... Only quote I have from him is from February... where he says he would like to play for Miami...

knicks_champ
I have no problem with you Heat fans saying he will be a solid piece to the team. But saying he is the main piece that will propel you to winning the finals. That is childish thinking.

Heater4life

lets hope he changes his mind brother, because our teams both need a center.

justinnum1
One things certain, as long as the big three are together we will be talking Heat for the next 5 years. Hate or praise.

Beats being irrelevant.

for real, there are some bulls fans that have more posts talking about the heat than there own team...

Swashcuff
06-14-2011, 09:24 PM

So was the guy in your avatar and sig pic after he was involved in the fight at the garden. Remember when all of NY was calling him Carmela? Smh

Good to see you reppin punks.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:25 PM
I have no problem with you Heat fans saying he will be a solid piece to the team. But saying he is the main piece that will propel you to winning the finals. That is childish thinking.

Why? Our biggest weakness was a center and that is what dalembert is.

jp611
for real, there are some bulls fans that have more posts talking about the heat than there own team...

You have more posts talking about he Bulls than your own team :laugh2:

daleja424

Is it?

Tyson Chandler propelled the Mavs to contender...

Perkins leaving the Celtics took them to pretender...

Those two are pretty good proof of what a difference a complimentary big man can make... no?

knicks_champ
lets hope he changes his mind brother, because our teams both need a center.

You can say that again.

justinnum1
So was the guy in your avatar and sig pic after he was involved in the fight at the garden. Remember when all of NY was calling him Carmela? Smh

Good to see you reppin punks.

:laugh:

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:26 PM
You have more posts talking about he Bulls than your own team :laugh2:

i doubt you read all my posts so keep making stuff up.

Stuckey#3
06-14-2011, 09:27 PM
It would be a good move for Sam because it brings him close to home and he would get minutes... but he is actually kind of likeable and seems like a good dude. I would rather see him play for the Magic.

Heater4life
06-14-2011, 09:28 PM

Propeling factor, no. Major piece, yes. Those 8 to 10 rebounds, solid defensive rotations will help a ton at 7 feet 250. The most important factor is he can actually catch a pass and finish near the rim. Joels offensive ineptitude allowed teams to clog the lane way too much, and z was way too slow on the defensive end. This will definitely make us more flexible.

SanPitte
06-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Dalembert is better than Anthony. Better=improvement
how about Kenyon Martin? i know he isn't really a center but he could be really good in that heat team

DrDre94
06-14-2011, 09:29 PM
and what about Amare and Carmelo... full of heart right? So much heart they won a playoff game... oh wait...

Amare only played one full game before getting injured along with Chauncey...

If you are going to make a statement like that, at least get your facts straight :facepalm:

jp611
06-14-2011, 09:30 PM

I doubt you read every Bulls fans posts either, so you can keep making stuff up yourself

Man, I thought you guys losing in the Finals would humble you a little bit, but you're still as bad

Stuckey#3
Is it?

Those two are pretty good proof of what a difference a complimentary big man can make... no?

Dalambert is nowhere near the level of Perk or Tyson.
He is on the Pryzbilla/Brad Miller level.

Swashcuff
Dalembert is better than Anthony. Better=improvement
how about Kenyon Martin? i know he isn't really a center but he could be really good in that heat team

The already have Udonis to do what K.Mart does, the Heat need to spend their money wisely and Kenyon Martin won't be a smart buy at the position they are currently in.

knicks_champ
Is it?

Dirk had as much to do with that as Chandler did.

Celtics just made a bad trade without getting a good Center to replace him. Both O'neals were hurt during the playoffs. Not exactly good help in the paint.

I just don't see Sammy playing that effect.

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 09:31 PM

But did you have all the time to read all Bulls fans' posts? You seriously need to learn to think things through before you post.

daleja424
Amare only played one full game before getting injured along with Chauncey...

If you are going to make a statement like that, at least get your facts straight :facepalm:

I really don't need to look any further than a .500 record and zero playoff wins...

and you still had the great Carmelo... :rolleyes:

knicks_champ

This too.

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:34 PM

This is what i meant when i said underrating... you are a aware sammd d had the same numbers as chandler last season.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 09:35 PM
I really don't need to look any further than a .500 record and zero playoff wins...

The big three won you the Conference Finals mission complete. :rolleyes:

SanPitte
The already have Udonis to do what K.Mart does, the Heat need to spend their money wisely and Kenyon Martin won't be a smart buy at the position they are currently in.
i've read somewhere that the Heat were better with Haslem/Bosh on the court than with Anthony/Bosh...why not trying to get a good PF who can play center (with anthony as a backup) than a "above average" center??

daleja424

right...

I suggest you do a little research bud... b/c you are looking kinda bad right now... Perk is a career 6/8/1 guy... and Tyson is an 8/9/1 guy...

Dalembert is nearly identical in production to Chandler... except he blocks way more shots.

Dirk had as much to do with that as Chandler did.

Celtics just made a bad trade without getting a good Center to replace him. Both O'neals were hurt during the playoffs. Not exactly good help in the paint.

I just don't see Sammy playing that effect.
Then you aren't being rational about this... a Big guy in the middle that can actually move and finish on the offensive end will have a HUGE impact on how teams can play against Miami...

Heater4life

Disagree. Its not a matter of individual talent but more systamatic fit. Look at Perkins, he looks no where near as good in OKC, he just fit there system very well. Look at Joel Anthony, that guy is bench fodder on any other team. Sure the Heat are limited at center, but he fits our system very well and produces using energy and hustle. Even with all his defciencies.

With Dalembert on the Heat. He would get put backs, easy one on ones deep, uncontested baskets just because of the attention the other players draw. Im not saying his better per say, I just think he would be a great system player as the above mentioned. Especially with his role down here. Rebound, rotate on D, and keep your eyes open on offense. Thats it.

daleja424
06-14-2011, 09:37 PM
The big three won you the Conference Finals mission complete. :rolleyes:

not at all... but I don't like when people throw stones in a proverbial glass house...

Swashcuff
06-14-2011, 09:38 PM
This is what i meant when i said underrating... you are a aware sammd d had the same numbers as chandler last season.

I agree with you there. I mean both Miller and Pryzbilla may not even be in the league next season Sammy D could start on most teams and with the right coaching and IF HUGE IF he matures and buys into playing winning basketball he CAN be that guy who'll take the Heat to another level. He has that kind of ability it's just for him to channel it. Something which I've grown tired of waiting on him to do, something which I believe he may never be able to do.

daleja424
i've read somewhere that the Heat were better with Haslem/Bosh on the court than with Anthony/Bosh...why not trying to get a good PF who can play center (with anthony as a backup) than a "above average" center??

The reason is b/c no one pays any attention to Joel and he can't take advantage of that... Put a legit 7 footer who can finish in Joel's place and the HEAT would be quite a bit more efficient.

kntresistheheat

Dalembert is exactly like a Chandler!

He avg this season 8ppg 8rpg 1.5bpg in 25 min per. Can you imagine if he plays starter minutes 35+ he would avg a double double and block about 2 or 3 per?

daleja424
06-14-2011, 09:40 PM
I agree with you there. I mean both Miller and Pryzbilla may not even be in the league next season Sammy D could start on most teams and with the right coaching and IF HUGE IF he matures and buys into playing winning basketball he CAN be that guy who'll take the Heat to another level. He has that kind of ability it's just for him to channel it. Something which I've grown tired of waiting on him to do, something which I believe he may never be able to do.

That is the Pat Riley way... I am sure that Riley will let it be known that if he isn't going to buy into the team culture he shouldn't join the team.

Swashcuff

Because part of the reason the didn't win the championship was because of their lack of size. They were better with those guys because Haslem is a better player. K.Mart will get slaughtered at C and given the fact that he's prone to injury that wouldn't be a very smart thing to do.

kozelkid

Tyson Chandler also went through a big change, probably due to playing on US. His stats didn't just go up because he played on a good team. He has played on good teams before (Hornets). He grew up and made a bigger impact because of it. It's not typical and you can't just expect Dalembert to all of a sudden get much better like Chandler did.

Not to mention, Chandler always played his role on offense which was basically take only the open layup/dunk or lob, which is evident based on his efficiency throughout his career. As opposed to Dalembert who has a very low ts% throughout his career, because as everyone is trying to tell you guys, he settles for poor shots. Honestly, I'd be much more worried if the Heat got Pryzbilla, especially if he could stay healthy.

Again, Dalembert will be a upgrade. No doubt about it. But he won't be as much better as people think he will be. It's a moot point though, because I will be shocked if he settles for an MLE which in this market for a big man, is below value.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 09:41 PM
right...

I suggest you do a little research bud... b/c you are looking kinda bad right now... Perk is a career 6/8/1 guy... and Tyson is an 8/9/1 guy...

Dalembert is nearly identical in production to Chandler... except he blocks way more shots.

Then you aren't being rational about this... a Big guy in the middle that can actually move and finish on the offensive end will have a HUGE impact on how teams can play against Miami...

Sammy doesn't have the offense to really effect the offensive side of the ball though....
Dumb fouls + really limited offense + poor passing.

Dude won't make a difference.

daleja424
Because part of the reason the didn't win the championship was because of their lack of size. They were better with those guys because Haslem is a better player. K.Mart will get slaughtered at C and given the fact that he's prone to injury that wouldn't be a very smart thing to do.

Yup... we were better b/c we have a hard time scoring with Anthony on the floor... It isn't about size... it is about the defenses ability to leave Anthony all alone and play 5 on 4...

DrDre94

Yeah the one that scored 40+ points with barely a bench...

That's all he could do... :rolleyes:

Swashcuff
06-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Dalembert is exactly like a Chandler!

He avg this season 8ppg 8rpg 1.5bpg in 25 min per. Can you imagine if he plays starter minutes 35+ he would avg a double double and block about 2 or 3 per?

HOOOLDDDDD UP!!!!

Basic #s are one thing but that in itself doesn't mean two player are exactly alike. Tyson's impact of D is undeniable outside of shot blocking and shot altering Dalembert's is invisible. Tyson is also a MUCH more effective offensive player. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here dude.

SanPitte
06-14-2011, 09:42 PM
instead of taking Dalembert for the MLE, i'd draft a decent center and make him work his way into the system and mold him as the player the heat needs him to be

daleja424
06-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Sammy doesn't have the offense to really effect the offensive side of the ball though....
Dumb fouls + really limited offense + poor passing.

Dude won't make a difference.

HUH? All he has to do is catch lobs and finish plays close to the rim... exactly how Chandler gets his points.

Dumb fouls... also very similar to Tyson
limited offensively... just like Tyson
poor passer... who cares? we woudn't run offense through him..

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 09:44 PM
Last year we heard the Miami fan base say this about their Center questions "Don't forget about Big Z who can spread the floor with his shooting and Big Cat Jamaal Magloire"
LMAO!
Next thing you know is that they will be hyping up Eddie Curry for the team.

beasted86
06-14-2011, 09:46 PM

Really? He's on the level of an injury prone backup who played 82 games once, and a past prime overpaid Center? Again, Really?

There are some people in this thread overrating him, but just as much underrating him. He's a top 10 defensive Center in the NBA, and a much better offensive player than Joel Anthony (not saying much, but he's at least 10x as good).

Overall Dalembert only hovers around the 22nd-25th best Center in the NBA, but when you consider Joel Anthony and the rest of the current Heat centers aren't even top 40 (meaning there are backups on other teams better than our starters), that says a lot.

knicks_champ
HUH? All he has to do is catch lobs and finish plays close to the rim... exactly how Chandler gets his points.

Is it really that easy? C'mon!

Stop comparing him to Tyson it's a embarrassment to Tyson.

SanPitte
Yup... we were better b/c we have a hard time scoring with Anthony on the floor... It isn't about size... it is about the defenses ability to leave Anthony all alone and play 5 on 4...
you're right about k-mart's injury proneness, but he's shown he is a good defensive player who can defend bigger players, and the opponents would definitely have to keep an eye on him on offense

Swashcuff
instead of taking Dalembert for the MLE, i'd draft a decent center and make him work his way into the system and mold him as the player the heat needs him to be

What would you do with the MLE? And the Heat already have Dexter Pittman "waiting in the wings". The Heat also don't have a first round pick in this year's draft.

justinnum1

His name is dexter pittman

daleja424
HOOOLDDDDD UP!!!!

Basic #s are one thing but that in itself doesn't mean two player are exactly alike. Tyson's impact of D is undeniable outside of shot blocking and shot altering Dalembert's is invisible. Tyson is also a MUCH more effective offensive player. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here dude.

B/c Chandler literally only attempts dunks... if I stood under the rim only waiting for dunks/layups my efficiency would look pretty good as well.

daleja424
06-14-2011, 09:48 PM
Is it really that easy? C'mon!

Stop comparing him to Tyson it's a embarrassment to Tyson.

Yes... it is that easy... did you see Chandler attempt a single shot attempt outside of the paint during the entire finals... I didn't...

kozelkid

If that's all he did, that would be nice.
Unfortunately, he also takes poor shots outside of the offense, which makes him much less efficient than he should be.

And his defense is not comparable to Chandler's. Classic case of a big man overrated based on his blocks. Great weak side shot blocker, little else. Chandler became a much smarter defender this season. Smarts and Dalembert don't go together. He's an athletic big man with a very low IQ.

Again, he's an upgrade, but I don't think he'll be putting the Heat over the top. That's up to Lebron James showing up in the NBA finals.

jp611
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Dexter Pittman, the next Shaq according to heat fans

llemon
06-14-2011, 09:49 PM

Did you just describe Joel Anthony?

SanPitte
06-14-2011, 09:50 PM
you mean that fat kid from texas?? i guess he could be the one if he lost a few hundred pounds

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about Dexter Pittman, the next Shaq according to heat fans

:facepalm: you let the heat affect you too much

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Yes... it is that easy... did you see Chandler attempt a single shot attempt outside of the paint during the entire finals... I didn't...
Chandler has a higher bball I.Q then Sammy and moves around the court way better.

Just watch, I want you guys to get him. So later on I can say I told you so.

jp611
06-14-2011, 09:51 PM
:facepalm: you let the heat affect you too much

You let the Bulls affect you too much, hence your insecure sig, because your best player just had a very similar 4th quarter average in the Finals, and he has the help of 2 other stars while Rose has no help at all

daleja424
06-14-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=chandty01&y1=2011&p2=dalemsa01&y2=2011

show me where Dalembert is no where near Chandler people... show me...

SanPitte
Did you just describe Joel Anthony?
no, i mean a guy who's at least 6'10 (like pittman) and less than 300 pounds (unlike pittman)

bodupp311

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc

daleja424
06-14-2011, 09:53 PM
If that's all he did, that would be nice.
Unfortunately, he also takes poor shots outside of the offense, which makes him much less efficient than he should be.

And his defense is not comparable to Chandler's. Classic case of a big man overrated based on his blocks. Great weak side shot blocker, little else. Chandler became a much smarter defender this season. Smarts and Dalembert don't go together. He's an athletic big man with a very low IQ.

Again, he's an upgrade, but I don't think he'll be putting the Heat over the top. That's up to Lebron James showing up in the NBA finals.

Maybe you missed the part where everyone that comes to Miami becomes a better defender... b/c if you don't play defense... you don't play.

I can't understand how you can say that Chandler developed in a good system..but Dalembert can't... :confused:

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 09:53 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=chandty01&y1=2011&p2=dalemsa01&y2=2011

(A) ts%

(B) Efg%

(C) PER

(D) Defense, though only way I can show you that is if you or I had synergy.

Swashcuff
06-14-2011, 09:54 PM
Chandler has a higher bball I.Q then Sammy and moves around the court way better.

Took the words right out of my mouth. However I actually root for the Heat to do well so I really hope I don't have to say I told you so. lol

daleja424

Chandler does move better than Sam...

but Perkins does't move nearly as well...

There is more to the game than running well...

SanPitte
i'm not saying i'm the almighty steve kerr, but i know a little about basketball, and i think that tyson chandler is better than dalembert, offensively and defensively

jp611
06-14-2011, 09:55 PM

Tyson Chandler is extremely efficient, Samuel Dalembert is extremely inefficient

Chandler had a TS% of nearly 70 this year, Dalembert 50

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:55 PM

:clap::clap:

daleja424
06-14-2011, 09:56 PM
(A) ts%

(B) Efg%

(C) PER

(D) Defense, though only way I can show you that is if you or I had synergy.

All of your examples are strictly the result of Dalembert having offense run for him as oppose to Chandler who is strictly a finisher who has no post moves...

And I would actually be interested to see what synergy says... please post it if you can :)

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Tyson Chandler is extremely efficient, Samuel Dalembert is extremely inefficient

Chandler had a TS% of nearly 70 this year, Dalembert 50

You dont think that improves when no one is paying attention to him on defense?

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Took the words right out of my mouth. However I actually root for the Heat to do well so I really hope I don't have to say I told you so. lol
LOL! I'm thinking the same thing if he comes to the Knicks.