PDA

View Full Version : lebron clarifies his comments

Red222
06-14-2011, 03:54 PM
Two days after his Miami Heat were beaten in the NBA Finals, LeBron James said he is not satisfied with his performance and did not mean to imply in postgame comments that he feels superior to everyone else.

"I didn't play up to my own standards," James said. "Did that cost us the Finals? I don't know. I'm not satisfied with my performance."

"This isn't the end of the road for me, this isn't the end of the road for the Miami Heat," he added.

After Game 6, James, referring to fans who wanted him and the rest of the Heat's "Big Three" to lose to the Dallas Mavericks, said: "All the people that were rooting me on to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life they had before.

"They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want with me and my family and be happy with that," James said at the time.

On Tuesday, James said those comments weren't taken the way he wanted them to be understood.

"It was interpreted different than what I wanted," James said. "Everyone has to move on with their lives and I do too."

"I wasn't saying I'm superior to anyone else," he added.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/news/story?id=6661305:eyebrow:

SteBO
06-14-2011, 03:57 PM
I knew that's what he meant, but he has to learn to either word his sentences better, or don't say anything at all if he can't rephrase. He would spare himself alot of trouble this way.

daleja424
06-14-2011, 03:59 PM
I said this right when he made the comments... but of course everyone else was to busy hating on every aspect of Lebron to listen

metsfan4ever
06-14-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvgRyRjlQl4

This guy thinks totally different lmaoooo

smith&wesson
06-14-2011, 04:04 PM
lol how many times is this guy gonna eat his words.

lebron needs to take a lesson from d rose in terms of how to be a well spoken individual.

Young and Stupid
06-14-2011, 04:05 PM
It's mind-blowing how many similarities LeBron James has to the pre-2009 Alex Rodriguez. It really is.

Perfect parallels of each other.

Wow. That's sad. I really hope Drennan's opinion isn't representative of the city of Cleveland. If so, get the **** over it and grow up.

BigCityofDreams
06-14-2011, 04:05 PM

facepalm at the beginning alright which one of you guys made the video? Whoever did it had money on the game.

JordansBulls
06-14-2011, 04:06 PM
All he had to say was that it stings, but we will continue to get better as a team and me as well as an individual.

BigCityofDreams
06-14-2011, 04:08 PM
It's mind-blowing how many similarities LeBron James has to the pre-2009 Alex Rodriguez. It really is.

It is mind blowing.

Saying the wrong things, freezing up in big moments, over thinking the situation, etc.

Bruno
06-14-2011, 04:08 PM
But LeBron, you are superior. And you need to play like it. :shrug:

Anyways, all the hate he was getting was as usual, over the top. If i were him I'd be totally unapologetic about my post-game response. He's the villain, he needs to embrace it. Dark side baby. :laugh2:

CowboysKB24
06-14-2011, 04:09 PM
LBJ needs to look at the bright side. He played well against the Bulls and Celtics. He actually played well in final minutes of games and closed out big time games. People need to give respect to the Mavericks. They were obviously underrated all year and give it up to their coach. He did a great job.

MJL
06-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Well, I guess LBJ woke up this morning still has the same problem as yesterday...most fans still dislike him, he is still ring less and he has no idea what the hell was going on why the world turned on him...

justinnum1
06-14-2011, 04:10 PM

lebron needs to take a lesson from d rose in terms of how to be a well spoken individual.

rose has no clue how to speak, he mumbles and looks down, very insecure

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 04:12 PM

It really is mind-boggling. All it takes is for us to find out that he does steroids or HGH.

As for Lebron "clarifying", no **** he did that after the **** storm he's now receiving. I still think he meant what he said back then though. It's how he is always been, and in his defense, that's the problem when you are called the "king" before you even step on the NBA court. A spoiled athlete turned into a "monster" by today's social media along with people like Dan Gilbert and his entourage.

hugepatsfan
06-14-2011, 04:15 PM
I knew that's what he meant, but he has to learn to either word his sentences better, or don't say anything at all if he can't rephrase. He would spare himself alot of trouble this way.

This. He is a very poor public speaker. He should take some classes, no joke.

Hawkeye15
06-14-2011, 04:17 PM
LeBron obviously suffers from an inability to make sure his statements can't be taken out of context. Lot's of people have this problem, but its magnified when millions of people listen to you.

I knew that is what he meant when he said it. He just needs to be wiser about saying exactly what he means.

ILMindState
06-14-2011, 04:17 PM
It's a PR disaster of course he's gonna retract his comments

Htownballa1622
06-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Lebron could have said, " f you haters, f you dan gilbert, f everyone! I played not as well as id like. I SHOULD have played better AND NOT BEEN so timid.*while middle finger up*"
&i would have been fine with that lol.

Ray_R
06-14-2011, 04:22 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/34irb7l.jpg He really meant this

gaughan333
06-14-2011, 04:23 PM

Have someone else tell you what to say? Derrick has like 3 fall back phrases that he always uses. I remember his rookie year, it seemed like the kid couldn't formulate a sentence. BTW I am a bulls fan, just a realistic one. At least Derrick doesn't say things that can be taken out of context too much. I think the biggest issue people have had with him is when he asked, "why cant I be MVP?" Although, then he went and became mvp...

Evolution23
06-14-2011, 04:25 PM
This fool needs to go back to school and take some speech classes. :facepalm:

MagicHero3
06-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Two days after his Miami Heat were beaten in the NBA Finals, LeBron James said he is not satisfied with his performance and did not mean to imply in postgame comments that he feels superior to everyone else.

"I didn't play up to my own standards," James said. "Did that cost us the Finals? I don't know. I'm not satisfied with my performance."

WOW this guy will never admit anything bad is his fault
"Did we lost bc of me? i dont know. "

UM YES. the Heat could have WON bc of you but you shrink in the 4th quarter. your fault. said and done.

Htownballa1622
06-14-2011, 04:31 PM
This fool needs to go back to school and take some speech classes. :facepalm:

For what? So ppl don't take the comments he makes in a negative way or out of context? I don't think he cares and quite frankly, I don't blame him.

llemon
06-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Lebron just needs to travel with a interpreter.

"What Lebron meant to say..........".

ne3xchamps
06-14-2011, 04:41 PM
I can't stand lebron and I knew what he meant the whole time. It got blown way out of control, because of hate.

haggis
06-14-2011, 04:44 PM
*cough* ******** *cough*

ChicagoJ
06-14-2011, 04:50 PM
I believe his clarification is what he meant. Maybe if he would have went to college he would be better at communicating in public.

DODGERS&LAKERS
06-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Finally a publicist steps in to try to steer him in the right direction. The publicist should have been there during the decision, before they threw a parade in July, and when he guaranteed 8 rings.

BigBlueCrew
06-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Now he clarifies? Two days afterwards? Good job buddy.

BigBlueCrew
06-14-2011, 05:05 PM
For what? So ppl don't take the comments he makes in a negative way or out of context? I don't think he cares and quite frankly, I don't blame him.

If he didn't care then there would be no need to clarify two days later, two months, or two years later

daleja424
06-14-2011, 05:06 PM

UM YES. the Heat could have WON bc of you but you shrink in the 4th quarter. your fault. said and done.

except that wade, bosh, and the rest of the heat team were also shrinking and playing poorly...

BT601
06-14-2011, 05:07 PM
this is why I dont like Lebron be accountable for what you say.. you said it he was frustrated and said things he probably didnt mean.. instead of backtracking just say your sorry and it was in the heat of the moment i think alot more people would respect you..

kobebabe
06-14-2011, 05:08 PM
all this lebron hate is getting out of control. the kid will end up in psychiatric ward instead of summer camp. Feel bad for him tho i aint a fun of his

Tony_Starks
06-14-2011, 05:09 PM
This. He is a very poor public speaker. He should take some classes, no joke.

Some of that may come with time and maturity as he learns how to deal with the media too. When I hear him speak now I just hear that high school kid mentality. He definitely has to grow up, but then again people are going to twist his words and hate anyway so it pretty much just comes with the territory....

daleja424
06-14-2011, 05:12 PM
this is why I dont like Lebron be accountable for what you say.. you said it he was frustrated and said things he probably didnt mean.. instead of backtracking just say your sorry and it was in the heat of the moment i think alot more people would respect you..

except he didnt backtrack... he never said what you call claim he said in the first place...

MagicHero3
except that wade, bosh, and the rest of the heat team were also shrinking and playing poorly...

um actually they both had more possessions than lebron in the 4th quarter of every finals game. and the last 3 games- compare the amount of pts Bosh and Wade scored compared to Bron.

Htownballa1622
If he didn't care then there would be no need to clarify two days later, two months, or two years later

Let me CLARIFY my comment for you. I don't think he'd care to take a speech class like the poster I quoted said he should do.

pd1dish
06-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Lebron is always saying something he regrets, and his PR guys obviously tell him he has to "clarify" what he meant. Lebron just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. honestly, if he was just a humble player, he would probably have 90% less hate and criticism towards him.

Bruno
06-14-2011, 05:14 PM
I thought this video was interesting. It applies to LBJs post game comments, check it out guys. I dont agree with everyhting he says, but it's interesting. :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IALw_N-TsZE&feature=player_embedded#at=48

CostanzaNumba0
06-14-2011, 05:15 PM
the pre-2009 Arod comparison is pretty freaking spot on, listen hes a high school educated kid who probably never went to class why is he now supposed to be some kind of orator? hes a dumb jock basketball player. thats it, we were spoiled by jordan and kobe, smart guys who dominated the sport who at the same time said all the right things, and when they did sound aggressive in the press, they backed it up.

LBJ is obviously a pretty dumb dude, but the media obsession is borderlines madness.. this is like the southpark episode where they sacrifice britney spears' decapitated body for the harvest, bball style. Hes made a ton of mistakes, he completely blew off the leagues two biggest markets (NY and CHI, huge freaking mistake with the media in those two towns, especially nyc omg) to go form a superteam that backfired, and acted like a fool doing it,, but this guy has never been implicated in DUIs rapes, murders, gun charges etc, hes not a criminal, just a dumb street kid who was thrust into the international spotlight and expected to talk like derek jeter, its just not realistic

daleja424
06-14-2011, 05:19 PM
um actually they both had more possessions than lebron in the 4th quarter of every finals game. and the last 3 games- compare the amount of pts Bosh and Wade scored compared to Bron.

I dont need to compare anything... Lebron was playing the role of facillitator pretty much all game every game...while wade and bosh were handling the scoring. In the fourth quarter of every game the heat ran into the same problem... none of them took high quality shots and the offense fell to hell... while at the same time the mavs just went off...

The loss isnt anymore on lebron than it is Wade or Bosh...

Ripper Gein
06-14-2011, 05:26 PM
He thinks people are stupid and the people that believe this excuse ARE stupid, what makes people believe this **** he is one of the most egotistical arrogant athletes out there, he knows damn well that he thinks he's better than other people and the only reason why he's apologizing is because his sponsors put pressure on his stupid ***!!

daleja424
06-14-2011, 05:28 PM
He thinks people are stupid and the people that believe this excuse ARE stupid, what makes people believe this **** he is one of the most egotistical arrogant athletes out there, he knows damn well that he thinks he's better than other people and the only reason why he's apologizing is because his sponsors put pressure on his stupid ***!!

If Lebron is egotistical, arrogant, and stupid... what does that make a poster on PSD with a similar feeling of superiority?

Just because people don't agree with you, doesn't make you right...

Ripper Gein
06-14-2011, 05:30 PM
the pre-2009 Arod comparison is pretty freaking spot on, listen hes a high school educated kid who probably never went to class why is he now supposed to be some kind of orator? hes a dumb jock basketball player. thats it, we were spoiled by jordan and kobe, smart guys who dominated the sport who at the same time said all the right things, and when they did sound aggressive in the press, they backed it up.

LBJ is obviously a pretty dumb dude, but the media obsession is borderlines madness.. this is like the southpark episode where they sacrifice britney spears' decapitated body for the harvest, bball style. Hes made a ton of mistakes, he completely blew off the leagues two biggest markets (NY and CHI, huge freaking mistake with the media in those two towns, especially nyc omg) to go form a superteam that backfired, and acted like a fool doing it,, but this guy has never been implicated in DUIs rapes, murders, gun charges etc, hes not a criminal, just a dumb street kid who was thrust into the international spotlight and expected to talk like derek jeter, its just not realistic

Damnit!! where's the damn "LIKE" button!!

Ripper Gein
06-14-2011, 05:35 PM
If Lebron is egotistical, arrogant, and stupid... what does that make a poster on PSD with a similar feeling of superiority?

Just because people don't agree with you, doesn't make you right...

Not superiority just naivete' if his whole career in the Media have not convinced you of this then you are just a blind homer, im not insulting but it's pretty obvious what type of person he is. Listen maybe he'll mature the older he gets but you dont do and say what this guy has without showing your REAL self.

daleja424
06-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Not superiority just naivete' if his whole career in the Media have not convinced you of this then you are just a blind homer, im not insulting but it's pretty obvious what type of person he is. Listen maybe he'll mature the older he gets but you dont do and say what this guy has without showing your REAL self.

is whole career? prior to this summer he was consistently one of the most liked/respected players in the league...

Ripper Gein
06-14-2011, 05:40 PM
is whole career? prior to this summer he was consistently one of the most liked/respected players in the league...

I think your confusing liked/respected with not being Hated i think is was more being tolerated than anything else.

RaiderLakersA's
06-14-2011, 05:51 PM

Agree. Or he could have pulled a trick out of a politician's hat and simply deflected without actually answering the question. Real easy to do. To wit:

Reporter: LeBron, how do you feel knowing that almost the entire world of sentient beings are happy that you lost?

LeBron: The Mavs played a phenomenal series. From the owner on down they deserve credit for all that they accomplished this season.

Reporter: Yeah, but LeBron what can you say to the people who are dancing in the streets right now because you, well, choked once again on the biggest stage?

LeBron: To see the Mavs, an organization that has never won a championship finally get one is the only story worth writing, folks.

Reporter: Yeah, but LeBron I was one of those people that torched your jerseys when you left Cleveland. Can't you see how thrillled I am at your loss and misery, you dirty rat b@#%$@#??? I'm practically dancing in my pants now! Tell me, what do you have to say to folks like me?

LeBron: Mark Cuban, Rick Carlysle, Dirk, Kidd -- my Redeem Team guru -- and JET can't be commended enough for what they've done this year. Thanks for your questions and good night.

DerekRE_3
06-14-2011, 05:53 PM
All he had to say was that it stings, but we will continue to get better as a team and me as well as an individual.

So spew cliches. Sounds lame.

daleja424
06-14-2011, 05:55 PM
exactly...

everyone hates the cliches and nonanswers... until they feel offended... then all the sudden they act like they want their athletes to be robots

WeBallin
06-14-2011, 05:59 PM
Hey Lebron..? This is why you need a PR person, to help u handle the media. No more Mr Nice Guy for you

DaBear
06-14-2011, 06:00 PM
What's funny is people actually believe this. Do you expect him to come out and say "Yes, I meant that in a negative way towards those fans." Get ****ing real. He meant what he said right after he lost the Finals. Anyone can come up a couple of days later when you have time to cool down and say "that's not what I really meant."

It's like screwing up and apologizing over and over again. It gets old after a while.

Shoulda thought twice about being a cocky son of a ***** before eating your words. Don't blame the fans or media. Blame yourself.

nastynice
06-14-2011, 06:01 PM
haha, first wade says he was "really coughing". Then james says he didn't mean it like that. I'm not gonna lie, but as a bball fan thats slightly offensive. How stupid do they think we are? (well, obviously they're right to a degree, I see people in this thread actually believing it). Whatever, he was bitter, he was talking down on people that probably deserved it (me included), and thats what it is. Man up, admit it, don't sit here lying about it the next day...

He's human, he made a mistake, he said what was on his mind, who cares. But then lying about it a few days later, c'mon bro, grow some nuts and just let it be

thephoenixson28
06-14-2011, 06:04 PM
People are nitpicking everything he says. When he says everyone can go back to there problems all of a sudden he is saying he has more money than everyone else. When he said god didnt believe it was his time all of a sudden people say god has nothing to do with determing basketball games. I guess anything to sell a story.

DaBear
06-14-2011, 06:06 PM
^^Haha so you really think God decided it wasn't LeBron's time?

DaBear
06-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Honestly, clarifying comments is so overused these days. Wade equated the aftermath of a Heat loss to the WTC attacks, and then tries to clarify that. He said what he said.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 06:13 PM
The time when he said it, the tone and inflection of his voice when he said it all points to him meaning 'All you haters can eat a ****, I'm still rich'

tcav701
06-14-2011, 06:14 PM

hahahah that guy is the man.

BALLER R
06-14-2011, 06:34 PM
he didnt go to college leave him alone :)

CHILL20
06-14-2011, 06:39 PM
LOL, notice how Wade isn't catching any drama for what he said after the game? Notice how much better he handled himself and the questions? He isn't catching any flack yet Lebron is...something to think about. Perhaps Wade needs to teach his boy how to speak at press conferences.

And please, OF COURSE he's going to say he didn't mean it that way after the fact. Who wouldn't in that situation unless your genuinely sorry? He could serious tell everyone "**** you!" And people would say we are "misinterpreting his words".

Hell, even Jerry Stackhouse on Sports center last night took as him meaning "I have a good life and yours sucks" only he had no problem with him saying it.

JonnyBrav000
06-14-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm sick of these heat fans making excuses for Lebron. He meant what he said, otherwise he would not have said that fans we go back to their same problems, meanwhile he is going to be happy. He didn't mention problems for himself because he thinks he is superior. I think Lebron has been unfairly scrutinized but it's only for a year, if he wasn't so dumb he would realize the hate will eventually go away, us fans got what we wanted and it was for Lebron to fail miserably. Comments like these will only drive fans to continue to dispize him. He needs life coaching cause he is a spoiled balding brat.

metsfan4ever
06-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Lebron is excited bout game 7 cause the whole team not showing up in the 4th quarter

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm sick of these heat fans making excuses for Lebron. He meant what he said, otherwise he would not have said that fans we go back to their same problems, meanwhile he is going to be happy. He didn't mention problems for himself because he thinks he is superior. I think Lebron has been unfairly scrutinized but it's only for a year, if he wasn't so dumb he would realize the hate will eventually go away, us fans got what we wanted and it was for Lebron to fail miserably. Comments like these will only drive fans to continue to dispize him. He needs life coaching cause he is a spoiled balding brat.

Agreed. He needs to learn that silence is the best response.

LA_Raiders
06-14-2011, 07:02 PM
Just STFU Ledouche

marlinsfan24
06-14-2011, 07:14 PM
Honestly, clarifying comments is so overused these days. Wade equated the aftermath of a Heat loss to the WTC attacks, and then tries to clarify that. He said what he said.

You mean how a magazine took Wade's words out of context and he had to clarify himself because of idiots who then apologized to him? You're a hater and need to get a life.

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 07:17 PM
You mean how a magazine took Wade's words out of context and he had to clarify himself because of idiots who then apologized to him? You're a hater and need to get a life.

False. It actually happened and Wade apologized about it.

"There's going to be times when we might lose one, two games in a row, maybe two games, three games in a row, you never know. It's going to seem like the world is crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade has just went down again. But it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games lost and we'll have to get back on track."

For the record, I don't really take offense to it that much. I'm not one for political correctness. More than anything I just think he's an idiot for not thinking before he speaks or they just need better publicists. It was an incredibly stupid thing to say though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5392510

"While it was certainly not my intention, I sincerely apologize to anyone who found my reference to the World Trade Center to be insensitive or offensive."

marlinsfan24
06-14-2011, 07:17 PM

Wait, so when someone says something it's exactly what they mean and they can't word it wrong and be mistaken?

That's idiotic.

And reread the thread, it's not just Heat fans defending Lebron. It's rational people.

marlinsfan24
06-14-2011, 07:20 PM
False. It actually happened and Wade apologized about it.

For the record, I don't really take offense to it that much. I'm not one for political correctness. More than anything I just think he's an idiot for not thinking before he speaks or they just need better publicists. It was an incredibly stupid thing to say though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5392510

You clearly didn't read what I said. I said that he did say it, but a journalist misquoted it and made it seem like it was a lot worse then what he said. That was the correct quote, I was referring to the one the magazine claimed he made. I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

kozelkid
06-14-2011, 07:22 PM
You clearly didn't read what I said. I said that he did say it, but a journalist misquoted it and made it seem like it was a lot worse then what he said. That was the correct quote, I was referring to the one the magazine claimed he made. I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

I read what you said, I just wasn't aware that there was another one. My bad.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 07:23 PM

marlinsfan24
06-14-2011, 07:30 PM
I read what you said, I just wasn't aware that there was another one. My bad.

It's cool. I do see what you were trying to say though.

knicks_champ
06-14-2011, 07:30 PM
Wait, so when someone says something it's exactly what they mean and they can't word it wrong and be mistaken?

That's idiotic.

And reread the thread, it's not just Heat fans defending Lebron. It's rational people.

And there are some Heat fans who aren't defending him.

He said what he wanted to say, now since he had time to think about it he tries to reword it.

Teeboy1487
06-14-2011, 07:48 PM
You should choose your words carefully *******. He is a douche and he totally meant what he said at first. It was in the heat of the moment and as usual, he was being a douche. I hate this guy so much and I didn't before this comment. I lost total respect for him. I never had a problem with him going to Miami but it's his stupidity and arrogance that irks me.

effen5
06-14-2011, 07:56 PM

Yeah he is ridiculous....thank god Chicago has D Rose....

Reporter: Can you give an overview of the series and try not to blame your self in the process...

Drose: It was me...if anything I can learn from it and get better next year...

Drose might not be the best speaker but he will always say the right thing...

Lebron on the other hand....

Tony_Starks
06-14-2011, 08:03 PM
Its kinda funny how people went ballistic over this quote, yet nobody seems to remember the quote he made earlier in the playoffs where he apologized about how things went down in Clevland and talked about "trying to be better not only as a basketball player but as a father and as a friend...."

Oh well, guess it's easier to hate.

Resume hating

mustaine
06-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Never liked LeBron but he made a stupid comment in the heat of the moment, probably didn't mean anything bad by it.

But I love the fact that these guys feel so sorry for him, Wade talking about no athlete being talked about as much or as hated. It's bull, he "redeemed" himself in the playoffs but then he screwed himself over again by hiding. These guys should check out the British press and how they treat the football (soccer) players, it's crazy.

Also, if you keep making bad decisions as well as talking before thinking you give the press ammo. He brings a lot of stuff on himself to be fair but I must admit that some of the press are really looking like a bunch of idiots right now (Whitlock especially). We all know he failed but they did make the finals and he really wasn't alone. Wade didn't win it for them either (although he played much better until his injury in game 5 and then they were pretty much on par).

LeBron is a great player... but I believe most of his problems come from the fact that he was groomed to be "The Chosen One" for most of his life. Can't be good for anyone, I believe that he generally doesn't think he has to improve or change anything. It's called immaturity. Hopefully, for him, that changes.

One things for damn sure, next season it will be more difficult making it to the finals, I'm sure of that.

Now let's give LeBron a bit of a rest, enough is enough, give Dirk an ovation and wait for the next season (whenever that starts). Let's go Bulls.

Master Mind
06-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Let he without sin cast the first stone.

nycericanguy
06-14-2011, 09:07 PM

No one knows exactly what he meant except Lebron, but what he said came off extremely arrogant and was just class-less.

The fact that he had to clear it up just tells me that he or someone close to him realized how bad it sounded.

And look I'm not one to hate on Lebron and twist all his words, but I was shocked that any player in any sport would say what Lebron said after the finals.

metsfan4ever
06-14-2011, 09:17 PM
How do you know you've found Lebron James' cell phone?
It vibrates and receives calls, but doesn't have a ring!

NBAfan4life
06-14-2011, 09:42 PM
If we as sports fans want to hate him so be it. New York Yankee fans understand it. Almost anyone that isn't the Yankees hates the Yankees. It is because of the way the stockpile talent. It comes with the territory.

What is a little ironic I like the Yankees but hate the Heat and Lebron James. I dont really like Baseball all that much I really only follow the league leaders.

metsfan4ever
06-14-2011, 09:55 PM
dude is so childish, unprofessional, the comments are those of someone who reads all internet messages everyday from everywhere in the world and let them get into his head. No adult would do that. Typical of generation nothingness , so shallow. Dude had no father and a psychotic mother, without baketball he d be nothing. He was the one who made it clear with the way he expresses himself that to him his **** doesnt stink, that he's different and better than everyone else just because he s gifted at playing basketball, the decision was a major douche move and everything that follows is just going exactly the same way. Dude is immature and is reinforcing the bad traits of his character everyday. Why insult fans after losing a basketball game? Why disresepect them? does the man knows he s losing people who were suporting him until now with such comments going off limits?

This is what happen when you have no father figure, you never grow up. He and wade are two rich spoiled teens. Can you imagin jordan, rose, kobe, dirk getting in these kinds of contest about popularity etc, they dismiss everything or ignore it, all that unnecessary drama wade and lebron are swimming in all year long. They re adults, grown up men, as simple as that, and they show up when it matters, focusing on teamplay instead of their off the court persona.

LEbron has become ridiculous. It's the whole character that's now despicable, dude has 0 skills managing his image, or is inconceivably badly advised either by his entourage or his mother.

maybe lebron will figure one day it's about being a model for millions of kids worldwide more than it is about money. He cannot be a decent role model himself because he's still a boy , a badly raised boy by a single mother and a bad entourage of "friends". Lebron has a **** personality and value everythign in the light of how much it can be sold or bought.

This is typical of someone who never had a father figure and had it all way too easy just because he can put a ball in a basket better than everyone else. At the end of the day he just said "i despise you all people because you have less money than me". There s a whole part of the understansing of life that is missing there.

Somehow it's not even his fault, it's his father 's fault. Some things have not been taught.

He absolutely does not deserve any praise for being such a materialistic, egocentrical narcistic scornful individual

marlinsfan24
06-14-2011, 10:25 PM
dude is so childish, unprofessional, the comments are those of someone who reads all internet messages everyday from everywhere in the world and let them get into his head. No adult would do that. Typical of generation nothingness , so shallow. Dude had no father and a psychotic mother, without baketball he d be nothing. He was the one who made it clear with the way he expresses himself that to him his **** doesnt stink, that he's different and better than everyone else just because he s gifted at playing basketball, the decision was a major douche move and everything that follows is just going exactly the same way. Dude is immature and is reinforcing the bad traits of his character everyday. Why insult fans after losing a basketball game? Why disresepect them? does the man knows he s losing people who were suporting him until now with such comments going off limits?

This is what happen when you have no father figure, you never grow up. He and wade are two rich spoiled teens. Can you imagin jordan, rose, kobe, dirk getting in these kinds of contest about popularity etc, they dismiss everything or ignore it, all that unnecessary drama wade and lebron are swimming in all year long. They re adults, grown up men, as simple as that, and they show up when it matters, focusing on teamplay instead of their off the court persona.

LEbron has become ridiculous. It's the whole character that's now despicable, dude has 0 skills managing his image, or is inconceivably badly advised either by his entourage or his mother.

maybe lebron will figure one day it's about being a model for millions of kids worldwide more than it is about money. He cannot be a decent role model himself because he's still a boy , a badly raised boy by a single mother and a bad entourage of "friends". Lebron has a **** personality and value everythign in the light of how much it can be sold or bought.

This is typical of someone who never had a father figure and had it all way too easy just because he can put a ball in a basket better than everyone else. At the end of the day he just said "i despise you all people because you have less money than me". There s a whole part of the understansing of life that is missing there.

Somehow it's not even his fault, it's his father 's fault. Some things have not been taught.

He absolutely does not deserve any praise for being such a materialistic, egocentrical narcistic scornful individual

Derrick Rose cheated on the SAT's, Kobe was accused of being a rapist. Those things are a lot worse then being immature. Lebron's not going out and committing any crimes. Stop treating him like a criminal.

Lakerhead4ever
06-14-2011, 10:35 PM
lebron needs to just shup up, he does not know how to express his self. hes trying so hard to be politically correct that he sounds dumb.

i wish players can just be honest no matter what. show some type of emotion or feelings.

i know the media bashes this guy so much but sometimes he brings it on himself

sb123
06-14-2011, 10:35 PM
LeBron is simply not that bright, arrogant beyond belief and has no one who calls him out for it.

It is why his game has not improved in six years.

It is why folks can't stand him including people who work for him.

It is why he will continue to fail in life.

Too bad the kid did not grow up with a father figure who could straighten him out. He could use a little backhand to the mouth and sent to bed without dinner.

LakersA's49ers
06-14-2011, 10:44 PM
too late lebum

tredigs
06-14-2011, 11:02 PM
LeBron is simply not that bright, arrogant beyond belief and has no one who calls him out for it.

It is why his game has not improved in six years.

It is why folks can't stand him including people who work for him.

It is why he will continue to fail in life.

Too bad the kid did not grow up with a father figure who could straighten him out. He could use a little backhand to the mouth and sent to bed without dinner.

Arguably the greatest at his craft in the entire world with a career average of 28/7/7 to supplement his multiple MVP trophies, has $100+ million dollars and lives in a multi-million dollar mansion overlooking the bay with his high school sweetheart and their two children. Has donated tens of millions to charity. And all by the age of 26?

Not bad for a kid who grew up without a father to smack him around, I'd say.

Dude's arrogant, and I can understand the disdain he's earned (not the extent of it, but on a fun/surface level that sports should be), but don't try to insinuate that this guy has "failed" in life. It just shines a light on yourself.

Young2Kinsler
06-14-2011, 11:48 PM
It's easy to go back days latter and say you meant something else after you catch heat about it. Still classless, we all know what he meant

metsfan4ever
06-14-2011, 11:53 PM
basically the PR got to LBJ asap, and made him make say this, its common sense.

sventhedog
06-15-2011, 07:48 AM
the first lebron interview after they lost was another 'choking' moment.

now, nike officials can't think of any thing else they could do except to tell lebron to clarify his comments. so they told lebron to do the clarification interview. i feel bad for nike officials, imagine that they are like teaching a dog to learn to talk.

like people are really that dumb to believe that clarification? i'm sure lebron and heat fans did believe him though.

oh man. let me clarify that i love lebron. he is my favorite player. he is the next jordan. i hope you guys believe me.

quade36
06-15-2011, 09:07 AM
Derrick Rose cheated on the SAT's, Kobe was accused of being a rapist. Those things are a lot worse then being immature. Lebron's not going out and committing any crimes. Stop treating him like a criminal.

Its a crime to cheat on a school test? You don't think Lebron or most basketball players or you or I cheated at least once on a school test?

I'd agree with the rape, but you could have gone "was he accused of rape, like Kobe. Or did he shoot and kill someone like Jason Williams."

No....

Cheating on the SAT, not that big of a crime. Worst case is his school records get nullified and Memphis would have forfeited a championship if they had won.

If you want to stretch and feel cheating on the SAT is a crime, everyone who lives in Florida and doesn't pay state taxes are cheating the system.

Ripper Gein
06-15-2011, 01:23 PM

Nuff Said!

Ripper Gein
06-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Arguably the greatest at his craft in the entire world with a career average of 28/7/7 to supplement his multiple MVP trophies, has $100+ million dollars and lives in a multi-million dollar mansion overlooking the bay with his high school sweetheart and their two children. Has donated tens of millions to charity. And all by the age of 26?

Dude's arrogant, and I can understand the disdain he's earned (not the extent of it, but on a fun/surface level that sports should be), but don't try to insinuate that this guy has "failed" in life. It just shines a light on yourself.

AND he earned all this by PLAYING BASKETBALL lets not act like he cured aids or ended world famine, he was blessed by being a terrific athlete but he acts like a Horrible person.

Sadds The Gr8
06-15-2011, 01:43 PM
he's an idiot.

ThunderZubb
06-15-2011, 05:13 PM
I love it when I read all miami heat fans comments going through every thread when people are right about Lebron being igorant and pathetic. I find it funny when miami heat fans defend lebron james like he never nothing wrong and he is the golden child. Can one miami heat fan admit in this forum that lebron was wrong about the comments he made.

AirCanada15ORL
06-16-2011, 03:41 AM
at first i always thought Lebron was super egotistical and a stuck up prick.
but i learned he's just really dumb and immature..and was thrust into a spotlight with well..dumb and immature personality traits.

I want to say he's still got the mind of a highschool basketball player..but i swear I was more mature back when I played basketball in highschool. This might add to his reasonings on the court for not dominating when it matters. hes just not smart enough.

Lebron has never had a artistic/smooth game of a Kobe, Tmac, VC or whatever wing players like that. You watch the way Lebron plays and it's not even that intelligent. When he makes passes, it's the only time I ever think the guy has a good knowledge for the game. other then that I Just see a more phsyically dominant player who plays like hes in a highschool.

TO to the CHI
06-16-2011, 03:54 AM

Can you provide any support for this statement? Do you even believe it to be true?

Look, I totally understand everyone coming to LBJ's defense in terms of his ability (he is clearly a great player) and his current place in the game (undeniably top 5 and I believe number 1, though I was very disappointed with his Finas performance). However, the defense of LBJ as a human being seems pretty bizarre to me. His comments and conduct are often not particularly impressive. He is certainly not evil as some portray him to be, and to my knowledge he is not a criminal or anything like that, but I don't think that his comments deserve support on a seemingly baseless assertion that he is just a great guy and donates tons of money to charity.

As an aside, before you reference the Decision, note that others donated the money to charity, not LBJ. He still arranged it and deserves credit for the good that came out of it, but it sure seems that you fired off half cocked on those "tens of millions" in donations.

Phenomenonsense
06-16-2011, 04:10 AM
I've hated Lebron for a long time as a Pistons fan. Still, I think it was obvious that he didn't mean he was better than other people, even though he probably does think so.

Cubby
06-16-2011, 06:19 AM
rose has no clue how to speak, he mumbles and looks down, very insecure

Yeah but he doesn't talk down to people and doesn't talk about himself in 3rd person. Get real.

DitchDat
06-16-2011, 11:04 AM
LBJ is just a dumb dude. Simple and plain. He is gifted physically and athletically, but he does nothing to improve as an individual. No heart, no post game, no clue.

For the record, I think LBJ will fall off just like T-Mac and Vince Carter. You can only rely on your athleticism for so long. Without a post game or a reliable shot to fall back on, he won't have a Kobe-like post-30's.

Have fun being a big kid/dumb jock LBJ! Oh, and when are we going to see you in the dunk contest? After you win your 7th title?

jp611
06-16-2011, 12:11 PM
The more I see the video the more I think he is talking down to people, you can see he's obviously upset and thats his way of coming back at people, he's arrogant, people need to stop backing this clown up

ChicagoJ
06-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Is LeBron obligated to give a press conference? I wonder if he is just going to pass on doing them to avoid this sort of thing in the future.

BrandonH
06-16-2011, 12:57 PM
Lebron aint a rapist or a cheater, but he has more money that us common folk so clearly he is better than us. With that being said, Donald Trump and his $2 wig have more money than Lebron so clearly Donald Trump is better than Lebron.

wtf did I just ramble on about???

PrettyBoyJ
06-16-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm pretty sure that not what he meant.. Because of all the criticism he faced for those comments he clarified himself.. He Meant what he said at the end of the day Im rich your poor..