PDA

View Full Version : Why dallas winning the championship affects future free agent stars

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 03:26 PM
At the begining of free agency, No one would had predicted that a big 3 would be formed. No one anticipated players to take a pay cut to all play together. However, the Unthinkable occured and miami formed a super team. Several Nba team owners and players suspected that this had to be fixed. The impact of the miami heats big 3 , influenced other big name free agents to potentially team up.
Because of the miami heats sucess in free agency, more players thought about leaving their team and not being loyal. Chris paul, had even said " welll just make our big 3 in new york" . 2010 free agency caused other big name players to not sign extentions and for them to test free agency to team up with other big name free agents.

Heres why dallas winning was a good thing for the nba..it shows you can still win a championship by being loyal to your team and trusting the front office to sourround you with better pieces at a chance to keep winning.

Dirk nowitzki resigned with his team and was loyal. the mavericks front office added new pieces like tyson chandler. This resulted in a sucessful season for the mavericks.

so, one does not need to disbaneded their team. They should be loyal, because loyality enabled the mavericks to win a championship. If Dirk nowitzki were to leave, i highly doubt the mavericks would have made the nba finals.

Therefore, new free agents will not have to run around and sign elsewhere and form their big 3's when theyre capable of winning a championship without forming a big 3 .

Thank you dallas, you saved the nba from destruction.

I apologize for the spelling.

gaughan333
06-14-2011, 04:16 PM
It's still gonna happen. This really didn't change anything

DoJoTheSlasher
06-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Dallas Mavericks > Miami Heat.

gaughan333
06-14-2011, 04:21 PM

good post. I'm not saying they aren't, I'm saying that players will still most likely leave to put themselves in better situations. Ex: I'm pretty confident D12 will not be on the Magic.

hgtiger32
06-14-2011, 04:31 PM
it's still not going to change anything

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 04:34 PM
why cant it? it can inspire future free agents to be loyal to their teams.

210Don
06-14-2011, 09:37 PM
you need a team to win. wont change.

marlinsfan24
06-14-2011, 09:43 PM

Because some teams are in complete **** situations. Example was back in 2008, Kevin Garnett.

BigCityofDreams
06-14-2011, 10:15 PM

Because ppl will look at it as an anomaly.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Players should realize, they dont need to form a superteam and team up with other big name free agents. They can have sucess by working harder and becoming a better team leader, and trusting that their gm and front office sourounds them with the nessasary talent and pieces to contend for a championship. That is what dirk did and it led to sucess. therefore, no one needs to ditch their current team.

Canterbury
06-14-2011, 10:30 PM
They can have sucess by working harder and becoming a better team leader, and trusting that their gm and front office sourounds them with the nessasary talent and pieces to contend for a championship. At the end of the day, the sexy option is still sexier.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 10:40 PM
At the end of the day, the sexy option is still sexier.
That is true. At the same time, they should realize, they dont need to bolt in order to have sucess.

gotoHcarolina52
06-14-2011, 10:41 PM

The Dallas Mavericks in year 13 of the Nowitzki Experiment are indeed > than the Miami HEAT in year 1 of the Big Three Experiment.

LakersA's49ers
06-14-2011, 10:44 PM
i guess bosh should of went home instead of miami lol

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 10:44 PM
The Dallas Mavericks in year 13 of the Nowitzki Experiment are indeed > than the Miami HEAT in year 1 of the Big Three Experiment.

Aggred. The heat have a bright future, after some time, they will be even better and will have a better chance of winning a championship.

FriedTofuz
06-14-2011, 10:45 PM
i guess bosh should of went home instead of miami lol

A front court of bosh and nowitzki wouldnt be a good defensive team.

SanPitte
06-14-2011, 10:54 PM
it's still gonna happen because it's more appealing for a player like chris paul to play with d-12 or stat/melo than with okafor and west (even though i like those players)

Dash
06-14-2011, 10:57 PM

Dude it's okay.

Don't cry.

gotoHcarolina52
06-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Dude it's okay.

Don't cry.

Dude, it is definitely ok. The HEAT got beat by the better team. Outplayed, out-coached, out-hustled, out-everything basically. I accepted that reality long ago.

But if you ask me whether I want to build around 1 star and try to add the right pieces along the way in what turns out to be a 13-year plan, or put 2 or 3 stars together and go for the jugular in a one-season turnaround . . . yeah, I'm taking the shortcut. And Dan Gilbert can deny it all he wants, but there are shortcuts . . . at least in basketball.

jimm120
06-14-2011, 11:05 PM
I really don't think it affects much. If anything, it enhances the thought.

The "big 3" from Boston (even at their advanced age) won and got to the finals two times. In how many years? 4?

the new "big 3" showed that their floor was the nba finals. Their ceiling isn't winning a championship (that should be the norm), its winning many championships.

I loathe the Heat. to me, they're the Knicks biggest rivals. But c'mon....this clearly shows that they can easily win championships. they struggled throughout their first season because of the supporting cast. Guess what, you never have a perfect supporting cast. You usually acquire that supporting cast from previous players and future free agents/trades. They still don't have it. They will be a force to be reckoned with.

allSUAVE
06-14-2011, 11:07 PM
Didn't change nothing

drobe86
06-14-2011, 11:13 PM
Dude, it is definitely ok. The HEAT got beat by the better team. Outplayed, out-coached, out-hustled, out-everything basically. I accepted that reality long ago.

But if you ask me whether I want to build around 1 star and try to add the right pieces along the way in what turns out to be a 13-year plan, or put 2 or 3 stars together and go for the jugular in a one-season turnaround . . . yeah, I'm taking the shortcut. And Dan Gilbert can deny it all he wants, but there are shortcuts . . . at least in basketball.

But here is where you are wrong.... There are no shortcuts. The Heat signed 3 stars and it was championship or BUST.... It was bust because 2 of the stars you thought you got (James, bosh) turned out to be duds. So how exactly is your future brighter? You think the same zebra is going to change his stripes? He failed in Cleveland, he failed in Miami so what makes you think that trend will change? And Bosh proved he's a decent 3rd option and that's it... Dude is straight up garbage. As is your coach lol... He got schooled, and sometimes you have to realize you are who you are. And Lebron is a loser, and bosh is soft.... no other coach, owner, or supporting cast can change that.

FriedTofuz
06-18-2011, 02:14 AM
But here is where you are wrong.... There are no shortcuts. The Heat signed 3 stars and it was championship or BUST.... It was bust because 2 of the stars you thought you got (James, bosh) turned out to be duds. So how exactly is your future brighter? You think the same zebra is going to change his stripes? He failed in Cleveland, he failed in Miami so what makes you think that trend will change? And Bosh proved he's a decent 3rd option and that's it... Dude is straight up garbage. As is your coach lol... He got schooled, and sometimes you have to realize you are who you are. And Lebron is a loser, and bosh is soft.... no other coach, owner, or supporting cast can change that.

There are indeed no shortcuts. Future big name free agents should consider that, before bolting from their team. They should take after dirk and realize, being loyal has its rewards.

Trueblue2
06-18-2011, 02:28 AM
Bosh isn't garbage, if he was given a chance in the 4th quarter instead of lebron who knows how things would have gone.

And bostons big 3 worked because the players compliment each others strengths and hide their weaknesses. They played well because they were much later in thief careers and would learn to play a different role in order to win a title. I'm not saying the heats big 3 won't learn to play together, but right now lebron and wade are both trying to be the same player. All three of them grew up being the man, watching basketball where every good team had a guy that was "the man", once they figure out how to make each other better they'll be unstoppable.

knickfan33
06-18-2011, 03:10 AM
the only affect this will have on FA is it hurting miami... players are going to be less likely to sign there in desperation of a ring... players see there not unbeatable, and they dont want to be scrutinized the way miami has been

koLohe2133
06-18-2011, 03:58 AM
the only affect this will have on FA is it hurting miami... players are going to be less likely to sign there in desperation of a ring... players see there not unbeatable, and they dont want to be scrutinized the way miami has been

This is a good point....

I think that there will be some players who try to pull a Miami and go play with their friends (dh, cp) but some, like durant will stay loyal and trust their management.

I think what Dallas showed a lot of the NBA is that they added one piece, Chandler, and they not only got over the first round bump that has been plaguing them the last few years but went and won a championship.

Teams like the lakers, celtics, thunder, spurs, grizz, nuggets, bulls, trailblazers and Atlanta are all one or two pieces away from being the next Dallas.

I just looked at that list and holy crap the west is tough!

If the players do all decide to pull lebrons, we can just say goodbye to any competitive balance in the league and watch only major markets compete.

FriedTofuz
06-18-2011, 01:16 PM

Not nessasarily, miami knows they will get better in time. It is their first year together, chemistry will build and they will become better.